Rear kickstand

Andy

Feb 6, 2018, 1:02:02 PM2/6/18
http://www.greenfieldny.com/chart_bicycle.htm#stabilizer

How can I tell if I need the 285 or 305 mm rear kickstand?

Thanks,
Andy

AMuzi

Feb 6, 2018, 1:42:59 PM2/6/18
On 2/6/2018 12:01 PM, Andy wrote:
> http://www.greenfieldny.com/chart_bicycle.htm#stabilizer
>
> How can I tell if I need the 285 or 305 mm rear kickstand?

For what wheel size? 285 is the standard one for most bikes.
Interestingly, a 26x2.0 and a 700-30 are very close to the
the same axle height and a 285 does both without cutting.
Kickstands may be trimmed if too long, directions on/in package.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Ian Field

Feb 6, 2018, 4:09:05 PM2/6/18

"Andy" <andrewke...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> http://www.greenfieldny.com/chart_bicycle.htm#stabilizer
>
> How can I tell if I need the 285 or 305 mm rear kickstand?

Watch which way the bike falls over when you put it on the

Tosspot

Feb 7, 2018, 1:10:41 AM2/7/18
LOL! Harsh but true. I gave up on kickstands for that reason, although
the BB mounted ones seem quite good.

https://www.amazon.com/Pletscher-Double-Bracket-Bicycle-Kickstand/dp/B000FR33ZM?th=1

Andy

Feb 11, 2018, 6:45:07 PM2/11/18