The Biggest Troll on RBT

Andre Jute

Jun 19, 2017, 6:18:06 AM6/19/17
That Steven Scharf is the biggest troll on RBT is proven by the fact that railroad-minds like Frank Krygowski think that Scharfie is merely stupid.

Time and again Scharfie sends up the po-faced zero-humor morons. Time and again Krygowski runs around in circles, like one of those flies he pulled the rear legs off when he was a boy, demanding "proof" of Scharfie's "outrages", making a fool of himself.

I find it highly entertaining — no, not the flies Krygowski tortured, but Krygowski emulating the flies every time Scharfie presses his button.

For a wannabe "spokesman for bicycles", Krygowski is a real slow learner.

Andre Jute
Epater les bourgeois. Escalate, Scharfie, escalate! Toujours de l'outrage.

retrog...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2017, 9:09:18 AM6/19/17
Whut?

AMuzi

Jun 19, 2017, 9:22:16 AM6/19/17
On 6/19/2017 8:09 AM, retrog...@gmail.com wrote:
> Whut?

Translation:
Another day has passed with no techincal enquiries on RBT.

You're welcome.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Andre Jute

Jun 19, 2017, 9:39:09 AM6/19/17
Okay, Andrew, just for you, here's a technical enquiry (from a linguist and writer like me, it surely is technical):

WTF is a "techincal (sic) enquiry"?

Andre Jute
Just asking

cycl...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2017, 10:10:26 AM6/19/17
On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 6:39:09 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
> Okay, Andrew, just for you, here's a technical enquiry (from a linguist and writer like me, it surely is technical):
>
> WTF is a "techincal (sic) enquiry"?
>
> Andre Jute
> Just asking
>
> On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 2:22:16 PM UTC+1, AMuzi wrote:
> > On 6/19/2017 8:09 AM, retrog...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > Whut?
> > >

> > Translation:
> > Another day has passed with no techincal enquiries on RBT.
> >
> > You're welcome.

Andre - we do not complain about other people's typo's. For too long after my concussion I was making the error of using my left hand instead of my right and visa versa making words entirely unreadable save for those who could easily transpose. And who was it that was able to do that? Frank and Andrew.

AMuzi

Jun 19, 2017, 10:40:58 AM6/19/17
On 6/19/2017 8:39 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
> Okay, Andrew, just for you, here's a technical enquiry (from a linguist and writer like me, it surely is technical):
>
> WTF is a "techincal (sic) enquiry"?
>
> Andre Jute
> Just asking
>
> On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 2:22:16 PM UTC+1, AMuzi wrote:
>> On 6/19/2017 8:09 AM, retrog...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> Whut?
>>>

>> Translation:
>> Another day has passed with no techincal enquiries on RBT.
>>
>> You're welcome.

Technically, that's a typo. I hope.

Could be early-onset Oldtimer's disease ('CPU failure').

cycl...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2017, 10:46:04 AM6/19/17
Or excess use of the middle finger leading to finger exhaustion.

retrog...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2017, 11:20:45 AM6/19/17
Translation:
Another day has passed with no techincal enquiries on RBT.
> Andrew Muzi

But Andrew, every time I pose a techincal enquiry, nobody responds. Take for example the time I asked for help lacing up some square wheels in order to go climb some stairs on my bike.

Jeff Liebermann

Jun 19, 2017, 11:43:42 AM6/19/17
On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 06:39:06 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute
<fiul...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Okay, Andrew, just for you, here's a technical enquiry
>from a linguist and writer like me, it surely is technical):
>WTF is a "techincal (sic) enquiry"?

Dunno, but I should be able to recognize it should one appear in RBT.
I searched my archive, but all I found were questions like this one.
I'm fairly certain that teknickel questions existed at some time in
the distant past, but I couldn't find anything in my archives. More
research is necessary.

However, you apparently want a workable definition:

After we remove the character assisinations, personal attacks,
political discussions, incoherent ramblings, pontifications,
riding etiquette, traffic protocols, irrelevent off-topic
debates, irreverent off-topic debates, bad humor, recycled
rumors, spelling/grammar discussions, and administrative hair
splitting, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must
be a teknickel inquiry.

This message will self destruct after the aformentioned filter is
applied. Please ignore the puff of smoke from your computah.

--
Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Duane

Jun 19, 2017, 11:47:49 AM6/19/17
On 19/06/2017 11:43 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 06:39:06 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute
> <fiul...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Okay, Andrew, just for you, here's a technical enquiry
>>from a linguist and writer like me, it surely is technical):
>> WTF is a "techincal (sic) enquiry"?
>
> Dunno, but I should be able to recognize it should one appear in RBT.
> I searched my archive, but all I found were questions like this one.
> I'm fairly certain that teknickel questions existed at some time in
> the distant past, but I couldn't find anything in my archives. More
> research is necessary.
>
> However, you apparently want a workable definition:
>
> After we remove the character assisinations, personal attacks,
> political discussions, incoherent ramblings, pontifications,
> riding etiquette, traffic protocols, irrelevent off-topic
> debates, irreverent off-topic debates, bad humor, recycled
> rumors, spelling/grammar discussions, and administrative hair
> splitting, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must
> be a teknickel inquiry.
>
> This message will self destruct after the aformentioned filter is
> applied. Please ignore the puff of smoke from your computah.

You forgot the periodic polling of why there are no longer any technical
discussions here.

Jeff Liebermann

Jun 19, 2017, 12:23:32 PM6/19/17
On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 08:20:39 -0700 (PDT), retrog...@gmail.com
wrote:
The problem is not lacing but rather calculating the required spoke
lengths. The easy way is to visualize the square wheel as a series of
round rims where the diameter varies with the position on the square
wheel. The spoke lengths repeat themselves every 45 degrees, so for a
32 spoke wheel, you only need to calculate 4 lengths.

Another problem is whether to drill the rim for equal angles between
the spokes, or equal spacing along the circumference of the rim. The
typical round bicycle wheel has both equal spacing and equal angles.
The square wheel can be either one, but not both. Looking at the
photos:
<https://www.google.com/search?q=square+bicycle+wheels&tbm=isch>
it seems that equal angle is the most popular because it eliminates
"bunching" of the spokes at the corners and is likely to be stronger.
Therefore, you will need to do some geometry to calculate the 4
required spoke lengths. Also, note that drilling a spoke hole into
the corners of the square wheel is impossible. Therefore, the spoke
hole locations will need to be rotated:
360 /32 /2 = 5.625 degrees
to avoid the problem. This will affect all the spoke lengths and must
be considered in the calculations.

I could probably produce a formula or spreadsheet to do the
calculations. However, I would not want to be responsible for
injuries or fatalities that might result from the misapplication of
such knowledge. Sorry.

Also, to properly utilize square bicycle wheels, you will need a
mating road surface. This should help:
<http://www.exploratorium.edu/square_wheels/square_wheels.pdf>
Should this prove successful, you might recommend it to the local
municipality for paving bicycle paths, so that only square wheel
bicycles can use it.

Jeff Liebermann

Jun 19, 2017, 12:38:33 PM6/19/17
On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 11:47:47 -0400, Duane <duane....@group-upc.com>
wrote:

>You forgot the periodic polling of why there are no longer any technical
>discussions here.

That's under administrative hair splitting, which I probably should
have called "newsgroup administrative hair splitting".

To be totally clear about this, it is necessary to precisely define
what you mean by "periodic polling" and how one differentiates a
"discussion" from the traditional insults, assaults on integrity, and
defamation of character. Once these are established, we can discuss
the precise time period implied by your term "no longer".

Also, thank you for not mentioning my periodic dumping of concept
bicycle designs in an apparently futile effort to inspire readers to
design something new and different.

cycl...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2017, 1:08:20 PM6/19/17
On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 8:43:42 AM UTC-7, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 06:39:06 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute
> <fiul...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Okay, Andrew, just for you, here's a technical enquiry
> >from a linguist and writer like me, it surely is technical):
> >WTF is a "techincal (sic) enquiry"?
>
> Dunno, but I should be able to recognize it should one appear in RBT.
> I searched my archive, but all I found were questions like this one.
> I'm fairly certain that teknickel questions existed at some time in
> the distant past, but I couldn't find anything in my archives. More
> research is necessary.
>
> However, you apparently want a workable definition:
>
> After we remove the character assisinations, personal attacks,
> political discussions, incoherent ramblings, pontifications,
> riding etiquette, traffic protocols, irrelevent off-topic
> debates, irreverent off-topic debates, bad humor, recycled
> rumors, spelling/grammar discussions, and administrative hair
> splitting, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must
> be a teknickel inquiry.
>
> This message will self destruct after the aformentioned filter is
> applied. Please ignore the puff of smoke from your computah.

I could have sworn that over the last several months I've seen questions on "rear axle position", "Tire Width vs Rim Width", "Square Taper BB's", "
Rejuvenating hardened brake pads by sanding them down?", "Chain Line", "Floor Pumps" and many more.

I suppose people cannot remember the actual technical questions since others are so ready to hijack conversations to stupid inconsequential experiences.

James

Jun 19, 2017, 5:11:44 PM6/19/17
On 20/06/17 00:40, AMuzi wrote:
> On 6/19/2017 8:39 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
>> Okay, Andrew, just for you, here's a technical enquiry (from a
>> linguist and writer like me, it surely is technical):
>>
>> WTF is a "techincal (sic) enquiry"?
>>
>> Andre Jute
>> Just asking

>>> Translation:
>>> Another day has passed with no techincal enquiries on RBT.
>>>
>>> You're welcome.
>
> Technically, that's a typo. I hope.
>
> Could be early-onset Oldtimer's disease ('CPU failure').

Clean your heat sink and make sure your fan is operating properly.
Overheating is a CPU killer.

IOW, get a hair cut ;-)

--
JS

Frank Krygowski

Jun 19, 2017, 6:58:35 PM6/19/17
Finally, a technical solution to those damned rumble strips on road shoulders!

Sure, it will take a while to change wheels at the beginning and ends of each
rumble strip. But it might be worth it.

- Frank Krygowski

Andre Jute

Jun 19, 2017, 7:33:09 PM6/19/17
On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 3:40:58 PM UTC+1, AMuzi wrote:
> On 6/19/2017 8:39 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
> > Okay, Andrew, just for you, here's a technical enquiry (from a linguist and writer like me, it surely is technical):
> >
> > WTF is a "techincal (sic) enquiry"?
> >
> > Andre Jute
> > Just asking

> >> Translation:
> >> Another day has passed with no techincal enquiries on RBT.
> >>
> >> You're welcome.
>
> Technically, that's a typo. I hope.

How disappointing. I was hoping you had discovered a new middle-American version of the Santa Clara...

NFT.

Andre Jute

Jun 19, 2017, 7:37:19 PM6/19/17
Tek Nickel I get. He was that really cheap bicycle facility design consultant. -- AJ

avag...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2017, 9:11:03 PM6/20/17

cycl...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2017, 5:02:18 PM6/21/17
On Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 6:11:03 PM UTC-7, avag...@gmail.com wrote:
> https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/06/19/upshot/this-list-of-well-educated-districts-explains-why-georgias-election-is-close.html

Yeah, that's it - the Republicans are winning because they're stupid but you're smart. Ossoff outspent the competition almost 2:1 and still lost.

avag...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2017, 10:05:15 PM6/21/17
The post relates to Scharf's authenticity as Scharf is an employed writer journalist and now elected rep in the hi level areas.

Atl is an escape from the South area of warehousing, Good Ole Boy politics, and afro American influence. The pocket of Rebs now stands at 50/50 liberal conservative. The vote is manifestation of Change. The Core Change is expressed thru the election. The election does not
Change the Core.

cycl...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2017, 10:08:06 AM6/22/17
I've sat in a coffee shop in one of those super liberal areas around here and heard newly elected council members striking deals out loud and not one other person in the place thought that unusual. Smart indeed.

avag...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2017, 10:32:57 AM6/22/17
bs

cycl...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2017, 11:24:12 AM6/22/17
Typical liberal response. Oakland is a majority of black and has never had a black mayor and a large part of the time not even black council-members. So liberals have that place tied up and have been running it as a fiefdom and not a city. You type of place.

jbeattie

Jun 22, 2017, 1:46:21 PM6/22/17
Ron Dellums, Lionel Wilson and Elihu Harris were white? They would be surprised to hear that.

-- Jay Beattie.

cycl...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2017, 5:12:50 PM6/22/17
That hit on the head caused a lot of memory loss. I lived just around the block from Lionel Wilson and played with his son who was the same age as my younger brother.

I will say this - he was a real Democrat and not what is around today.

avag...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2017, 7:22:21 PM6/22/17

AMuzi

Jun 22, 2017, 10:05:09 PM6/22/17
At least California has officials who are serious about gun
control, like Leland Yee

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/fbi-agents-arrest-u-s-lawmakers-unrelated-corruption-schemes-article-1.1735802

Er, at least control of _other people's_ firearms.

cycl...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2017, 9:52:11 AM6/23/17
This is California politics today. The liberals are almost unbelievable. You hear them screaming about the homeless problem but they have hundreds of large warehouses that were seized for non-payment of taxes. Conversion to housing would be less than they are presently spending on the destruction of the homeless encampments.

avag...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2017, 11:08:14 PM6/23/17
I wuz laundering on Yuma's outskirts.

Man suggested I go back to the slum