another danger of cycling

AMuzi

Apr 13, 2017, 12:53:31 PM4/13/17
http://nypost.com/2017/04/13/last-cocaine-cowboy-arrested-after-26-years-in-hiding/

"Deputy marshals nabbed Gustavo “Taby” Falcon, 55, and his
wife Amelia at an intersection in Kissimmee as the two were
in the middle of a 40-mile bike ride on Wednesday."

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

cycl...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2017, 3:25:39 PM4/13/17
On Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 9:53:31 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
> http://nypost.com/2017/04/13/last-cocaine-cowboy-arrested-after-26-years-in-hiding/
>
> "Deputy marshals nabbed Gustavo “Taby” Falcon, 55, and his
> wife Amelia at an intersection in Kissimmee as the two were
> in the middle of a 40-mile bike ride on Wednesday."

"Bought off witnesses and at least one jury member". Sure have a great moral majority there.

Frank Krygowski

Apr 13, 2017, 4:00:45 PM4/13/17
On 4/13/2017 12:53 PM, AMuzi wrote:
> http://nypost.com/2017/04/13/last-cocaine-cowboy-arrested-after-26-years-in-hiding/
>

> "Deputy marshals nabbed Gustavo “Taby” Falcon, 55, and his wife Amelia
> at an intersection in Kissimmee as the two were in the middle of a
> 40-mile bike ride on Wednesday."

Seems odd that they caught them in the middle of a bike ride. I'm kind
of curious how the cops knew exactly where they were at the time.

--
- Frank Krygowski

cycl...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2017, 5:44:01 PM4/13/17
Probably this thing call "entry form". After 26 years you don't think that they would believe anyone was looking for them?

Jeff Liebermann

Apr 14, 2017, 12:16:05 PM4/14/17
On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 11:53:24 -0500, AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>http://nypost.com/2017/04/13/last-cocaine-cowboy-arrested-after-26-years-in-hiding/
>
>"Deputy marshals nabbed Gustavo “Taby” Falcon, 55, and his
>wife Amelia at an intersection in Kissimmee as the two were
>in the middle of a 40-mile bike ride on Wednesday."

Get used to it. About 1/4th to 1/3rd of the US population have
criminal records and convictions.
<http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-hunter/lawyer-68-million-americans-have-criminal-records-more-population-france>
During your next ride, look to your left, right, and ahead of you. One
of those riders has a criminal record.

Then, there are the numerous outstanding arrest warrants.
<http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=125876>
The FBI mentions that they know about 789,000 outstanding arrest
warrants, but that the real number is much higher (possibly because
their computer system is still screwed up). The adult population of
the US is about 240 million making 0.3% (1 person in ever 333) of the
adult population wanted criminals. Next time you attend a large
event, a fair number might be wanted criminals.

--
Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

cycl...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2017, 1:28:53 PM4/14/17
My "criminal" record consists of not showing up for a traffic ticket while under the influence of my concussion. So saying 33% have criminal records is highly misleading. It is also criminal to not show up for jury duty.

I got a jury notice two days before I was leaving on my cruise and calling the courthouse had it too late on the day that I received the notice and only the weekend when I left. So am I a felon on the run?

Doug Landau

Apr 17, 2017, 3:45:40 PM4/17/17

> My "criminal" record consists of not showing up for a traffic ticket while under the influence of my concussion. So saying 33% have criminal records is highly misleading. It is also criminal to not show up for jury duty.
>
> I got a jury notice two days before I was leaving on my cruise and calling the courthouse had it too late on the day that I received the notice and only the weekend when I left. So am I a felon on the run?

If you're posting here, probably not. Have you even left town yet?

cycl...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2017, 12:38:43 PM4/19/17
Well, I did leave town. And I couldn't call from the ship on my calling plan.