The effect of chaos (the butterfly metaphor)

Sep 18, 2016, 10:58:21 AM9/18/16
On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 1:24:43 AM UTC-4, Astero...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 9:29:03 PM UTC-7, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:

> > > Yes, and the hatch opened up and the preacher got in and drove off into the sunset.
> >
> > How can a butterfly stop an SUV?
>
> you have to get a moth for that.

Why a moth?

You don't think the suicide attack of a butterfly splashing onto the windshield can momentarily scare the driver and make him lose control?

Or it may confuse the auto-pilot of those self-driving cars into thinking it's a drone attack. I don't like that idea. I want to be in control. I want a stickshift. Call me oldfashioned if you may.

My bicycle demands hands-on control. Particularly when the sidewalk design is such to cause accidents and mayhem. It's chaos, which is unnecessary.

If you kill a butterfly you must pay for it!

Fear is in the air!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nffbCR_uCZ6znjf3gLiFRXSAoLzhWtoZ6U4S7Y37aKc/edit?usp=sharing

Sep 19, 2016, 10:42:15 AM9/19/16
On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 11:30:51 PM UTC-4, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:
> On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 6:12:24 PM UTC-4, Milky Way wrote:

> > What did reeky ever do to you to deserve all this crap you spew?
>
> Our freeways are chaotic and the SUVs reign supreme.
>
> If they were at least mandated to follow the right lanes and not go zigzagging, the rest of the vehicles would enjoy some safety.

I was looking for "How to kill a butterfly with an SUV" but nothing came up. I guess all you got to do is press the accelerator hard and drive in some erratic way to kill all sorts of insects. They better get out of the way quick.

Sep 22, 2016, 8:47:44 AM9/22/16
On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 9:51:35 PM UTC-4, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 9:43:06 PM UTC-4, John Baker wrote:
> > On Wed, 21 Sep 2016 07:33:43 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
> > Humble Philosopher" <thetibet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >There's one way to describe it: CHAOS.
> > >
> > >The main issue is the lack of lane discipline and in many states you can drive while chatting on the phone.
> >

> > Rush hour in a big city can be a bit chaotic, but otherwise, freeway
> > driving isn't much of a problem. Of course, that could just be because
> > I'm used to it. You cover a lot of miles in 45 years as a working
> > musician.
> >

> Driving in Europe can be easier and faster because of passing lanes and better road manners. Drivers in south Florida are rude and aggressive in a dangerous way. The situation is made worse by the absence of speed cameras and the tolerance of phones. Getting a driver license is much tougher in Europe.

I dare say accidents are big business in America and the lawyers advertise their business everywhere, even on large ads on the buses. Prevention receives no priority. There's book out there called "It's no accident."

https://www.amazon.com/Its-No-Accident-Behind-Senseless/dp/1411681568