Lake Tahoe Ride

cycl...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2017, 4:17:22 PM4/11/17
With a couple of friends I intend to ride around Lake Tahoe in September. Anyone else interested could get in touch with me.

The distance is only about a metric or a bit longer and the max altitude is only around 7200 feet. While there is a ways on a highway/freeway most of it is on a fairly wide two lane. And the last 15 miles I seem to remember is downhill. South Lake where we start is only about 5,000 feet.

Doug Landau

Apr 12, 2017, 1:28:53 PM4/12/17
On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 1:17:22 PM UTC-7, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> With a couple of friends I intend to ride around Lake Tahoe in September. Anyone else interested could get in touch with me.
>
> The distance is only about a metric or a bit longer and the max altitude is only around 7200 feet. While there is a ways on a highway/freeway most of it is on a fairly wide two lane. And the last 15 miles I seem to remember is downhill. South Lake where we start is only about 5,000 feet.

It was a slog. I think around Lassen might be more enjoyable.

jbeattie

Apr 12, 2017, 4:27:15 PM4/12/17
Around Crater Lake is fun -- and car-free some days. https://home.nps.gov/crla/planyourvisit/vehicle-free-days-on-east-rim-drive.htm It's only 24 miles. You can do laps -- or start outside the park. https://www.craterlakecentury.com/

Vasona Lake is nice, too. So many lakes to choose from.

-- Jay Beattie.

Doug Landau

Apr 12, 2017, 5:26:11 PM4/12/17
Abert