Anyone familiar with a Dinotte 400R tail lifgt?

Bob Newman

Mar 31, 2013, 2:12:33 PM3/31/13
I am looking for the brightest tail light I can find primarily for daylight use. It would be nice (but not mandatory) if you could dim it for nighttime pace line use as my Cygolite 2 watt Hotshot will do. In addition to the Hotshot I also have a PDW Radbot 1000, and a Planet Bike Superflash Turbo. I saw a bike with a Dinotte 400R taillight that looked VERY bright in comparison (at triple the price it should be). Does anyone have any experience with this light?

Thanks in advance... Bob

datakoll

Mar 31, 2013, 7:40:57 PM3/31/13
On Sunday, March 31, 2013 2:12:33 PM UTC-4, Bob Newman wrote:
> I am looking for the brightest tail light I can find primarily for daylight use. It would be nice (but not mandatory) if you could dim it for nighttime pace line use as my Cygolite 2 watt Hotshot will do. In addition to the Hotshot I also have a PDW Radbot 1000, and a Planet Bike Superflash Turbo. I saw a bike with a Dinotte 400R taillight that looked VERY bright in comparison (at triple the price it should be). Does anyone have any experience with this light?
>

> Thanks in advance... Bob

)))))))))>

search the groupo for : CREE

the discussion is endless

Bob Newman

Mar 31, 2013, 8:02:03 PM3/31/13
I was not aware there was such a thing as CREE tail lights. Also I was trying to get information on the specific light that I asked about.

Bob

datakoll

Mar 31, 2013, 9:28:01 PM3/31/13
there's a red Cree in there. And discussion in general on contemporary lighting.

search for the brand.

Bob Newman

Mar 31, 2013, 10:05:42 PM3/31/13
On Sunday, March 31, 2013 9:28:01 PM UTC-4, datakoll wrote:
> there's a red Cree in there. And discussion in general on contemporary lighting.
>

> search for the brand.

Thank you... Bob

Blue Heeler

Apr 3, 2013, 5:26:31 AM4/3/13
On 1/04/2013 4:12 AM, Bob Newman wrote:
> I am looking for the brightest tail light I can find primarily for daylight use. It would be nice (but not mandatory) if you could dim it for nighttime pace line use as my Cygolite 2 watt Hotshot will do. In addition to the Hotshot I also have a PDW Radbot 1000, and a Planet Bike Superflash Turbo. I saw a bike with a Dinotte 400R taillight that looked VERY bright in comparison (at triple the price it should be). Does anyone have any experience with this light?
>
> Thanks in advance... Bob

For what it is worth I have a 300R, it is VERY bright, battery life is
more than adequate for my 1hr commute. The 400R can only be better,
albeit at the expense of hanging yet another battery on the bike.

datakoll

Apr 3, 2013, 9:07:23 AM4/3/13
Dinotte burst onto the market with flashlights fastened to he bar with rubber bands ? or has my memory shorted ? Everyone crapped on D with venom.. Next to Franch rims.

Styleman had a siezure reviewing Dinotte.

datakoll

Apr 4, 2013, 9:05:56 AM4/4/13
On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 9:07:23 AM UTC-4, datakoll wrote:
> Dinotte burst onto the market with flashlights fastened to he bar with rubber bands ? or has my memory shorted ? Everyone crapped on D with venom.. Next to Franch rims.
>

> Styleman had a siezure reviewing Dinotte.

)))))))))))))))

early Dinotte were a visual relief from Post Nuclear Japanese design...The Rodan Effect...suffered thru efforts from Cateye offering excellent light, durability, and sympatico but yet just a tad off radioactively speaking.

NOW we see Dinotte has gone into the Klieg Hollywood design area where lighting containers are not seen due to their excruciating and abrasiveness in opposition to light's incandescent beauty.

What was in between ?

Today, Dinotte could go for a glwoing container with pulse controll something egg shaped ?

datakoll

Apr 4, 2013, 4:03:39 PM4/4/13
.....disengage the egglite, place it on the deskstand charging glowing pulsing maybe with a flashcard telling you what...buy the one with STROBEGLOW ! offered only in Ca WA and CO

datakoll

Apr 5, 2013, 8:53:43 AM4/5/13

eric.fl...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2014, 12:27:09 PM7/7/14
On Sunday, March 31, 2013 11:12:33 AM UTC-7, Bob Newman wrote:
> I am looking for the brightest tail light I can find primarily for daylight use. It would be nice (but not mandatory) if you could dim it for nighttime pace line use as my Cygolite 2 watt Hotshot will do. In addition to the Hotshot I also have a PDW Radbot 1000, and a Planet Bike Superflash Turbo. I saw a bike with a Dinotte 400R taillight that looked VERY bright in comparison (at triple the price it should be). Does anyone have any experience with this light?
>

> Thanks in advance... Bob

Bob -
The comments here look to be unhelpful. Did you choose a light, and if so which one. I am considering the Dinotte 300r, 400r, and maybe the 400r DAYLIGHT ONLY.
There are some good discussions at www.bentrideronline.com, a web site for recumbent enthusiasts. Being lower to the ground 'bent riders are very in to lighting for visibility.

Thanks.

avag...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2014, 12:32:07 PM7/8/14

Andre Jute

Jul 9, 2014, 6:39:47 AM7/9/14
On Sunday, March 31, 2013 7:12:33 PM UTC+1, Bob Newman wrote:
> I am looking for the brightest tail light I can find primarily for daylight use. It would be nice (but not mandatory) if you could dim it for nighttime pace line use as my Cygolite 2 watt Hotshot will do. In addition to the Hotshot I also have a PDW Radbot 1000, and a Planet Bike Superflash Turbo. I saw a bike with a Dinotte 400R taillight that looked VERY bright in comparison (at triple the price it should be). Does anyone have any experience with this light?
>

> Thanks in advance... Bob

Bob, I run all my lamps whenever the bicycle runs, day or night; they all switch on from one master switch which triggers all circuits on my bicycle. But I looked into the Dinotte and decided that, unless you aim it at the road, sooner or later some officious policeman will stop you for it. (I'd pay zero attention to "Blue Heeler". Recently he claimed to know someone who owned several new Laverda ... who let him work on them! Australian policemen are proactively officious, so I'd really like to hear from a known-reliable Australian Dinotte owner before I believe a word Blue Heeler says.) However, I since RBT turned itself into a benefit for krygokrap, I hang out with a bunch of British bigtime tourers who also have Rohloff gearboxes, and who generally know the best gear, some of which I introduced them to. They generally love a medium-priced (cheap by Dinotte standards) rear lamp from Busch & Muller, the Toplight Line, which comes in several versions, including one that lights up sharper when you brake. The Toplight Line Plus is at http://www.bumm.de/produkte/dynamo-ruecklicht/toplight-line-plus.html, with variants listed at the bottom. Also some other formats of this desirable lamp, including at least one battery version (BUMM's best lamps are, generally speaking, dynamo lamps) at the bottom at http://www.bumm.de/innovationoriginal/linetec.html . Don't be misled by the lamp's cheap, plasticky looks: it weighs almost nothing, and its patented technology really works to make you visible. My own daylight and nighttime photos are at http://coolmainpress.com/BICYCLINGbuildingpedelec5.html and http://coolmainpress.com/BICYCLINGbuildingpedelec6.html -- 30 meters is a 100 feet.

So, if you find the price of the Dinotte excessive, or want a lamp that is street-legal, I can recommend BUMM's Toplight Line Plus, because it works.

I've now permanently removed my previous best daylight rear lamp, the battery-only Cateye TL LD-1100, itself in its time a hugely reputed lamp (long recommended by me, among many others, including our self-declared lamp expert, Scharfie) because the BUMM Toplight Line just drowns it out. The Toplight Line is that much of a quantum step forward.

There is another similar rear lamp to the LineTecs, with the lit lines doubled by being built into an oval, made by Philips of Eindhoven, which some consider superior (they're very likely right -- Dutch and German police ran tests and preferred the Philips) but finding a retailer with stock who will post to your geographic location is another matter. Also, it is substantially pricier than the BUMM Linetec.

Andre Jute
You don't need to spend a fortune to cast a sanguine light upon the road