If Jesus had a gun

Free Spirit, Chief of Quixotic Enterprises

Jul 31, 2015, 10:51:23 AM7/31/15
Report not abuse
He would commit suicide. No doubt in my mind.

His manic-depressive demeanor would lead him to just shoot himself. He wouldn't die instantly though because he shot himself in the toe, and die from the infection. And he would this for you, the whole of humanity.

His crucifixion cast doubt on the Jews and that's not fair. Jesus is fully responsible.

"The jungle has never been this much fun!"

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nffbCR_uCZ6znjf3gLiFRXSAoLzhWtoZ6U4S7Y37aKc/edit?usp=sharing

Aug 1, 2015, 12:02:24 AM8/1/15
On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 10:37:57 PM UTC-4, Kurt Kurt wrote:
> If Jesus had a gun, he would try to lead a revolt to take over the Temple, being defiled by the Roman flunkies/traitors.
>
> Not a difficult call, it's called history, 95% of Jews at the time, that would be the first thing that occurred to them, if they had a magic weapon, drive the Roman goons out of the Temple.
>
> After all, making trouble at the Temple is what got him killed.

Jesus endorsed collaboration with the Romans when he said, "To Cesar what belongs to Cesar's."

That means pay your taxes and forget about resistance. That's why the Jews (supposedly) rejected him.

Aug 1, 2015, 2:46:03 PM8/1/15
On Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 11:40:25 AM UTC-4, Kurt Kurt wrote:
> If you didn't pay your taxes, you were nailed to a stick. Only way to refuse is an open rebellion, followed by Rome making you wish you hadn't.

That's the way it happened to the Jews, right?

But Jesus wanted to wait, and we are still waiting 2000 years later...

Is he coming soon?

Aug 2, 2015, 12:06:09 PM8/2/15
On Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 10:16:20 PM UTC-4, Kurt Kurt wrote:
> Yes, the followers of Jesus led the Great Revolt a couple decades later and they were crucified. In total the Romans crucified hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Jews and Samaritans.
>
> He didn't want to wait 2000 years to revolt against Rome, but he only preached for less than a year. He should have waited longer before he attacked the Temple.

Do gods make mistakes? The Jews made the mistake and revolt, as do all people that revolt and are crushed.

All resistance is futile. Jesus says to pay your taxes and smile.

Aug 2, 2015, 5:46:30 PM8/2/15
On Sunday, August 2, 2015 at 12:31:16 PM UTC-4, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Aug 2015 12:12:36 -0400, Gray <savageg...@friends.gsl>
> wrote:
>
> >Did you share this piece of "wisdom" with your fellow gun nuts? Jesus
> >probably didn't exist, but the stories about him hardly portray a
> >manic depressive.
>
> Please don't project your own mental illness on other people, m'kay?

Playing god and wanting to change the world are immediately associated with mental illness. There are thousands like Jesus in mental hospitals.