Tour tech: Osymetric chainrings - do they work?

Frank Krygowski

Jul 20, 2016, 11:21:44 PM7/20/16

Andre Jute

Jul 21, 2016, 9:49:18 AM7/21/16
I had an oval chainring in a Sachs-Huret groupset on a Peugeot bike. It was supposed to make changing derailleur gears smoother and faster, make my pedalling more powerful, and make me more attractive to women than Robert Redford. It did only the last.

Andre Jute
I like snake oil, when it is applied to someone else. — Among other things P T Barnum never said

jbeattie

Jul 21, 2016, 10:23:55 AM7/21/16
Apparently, your oval chainring also caused hallucinations.

Speaking of hallucinations and women . . . Frank, are you going to the Convention? Tonight is the night! I think Melania is going to finish up with a pole dance!

-- Jay Beattie.

AMuzi

Jul 21, 2016, 11:02:02 AM7/21/16
On 7/21/2016 9:23 AM, jbeattie wrote:
> On Thursday, July 21, 2016 at 6:49:18 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
>> On Thursday, July 21, 2016 at 4:21:44 AM UTC+1, Frank Krygowski wrote:
>>> http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/product-news/osymetric-chainrings-do-they-work-28044
>>>
>>> --
>>> - Frank Krygowski
>>
>> I had an oval chainring in a Sachs-Huret groupset on a Peugeot bike. It was supposed to make changing derailleur gears smoother and faster, make my pedalling more powerful, and make me more attractive to women than Robert Redford. It did only the last.
>>
>> Andre Jute
>> I like snake oil, when it is applied to someone else. — Among other things P T Barnum never said
>
> Apparently, your oval chainring also caused hallucinations.
>
> Speaking of hallucinations and women . . . Frank, are you going to the Convention? Tonight is the night! I think Melania is going to finish up with a pole dance!
>
> -- Jay Beattie.

Pole dance? Sounds great.
I've danced with some hot Polish girls.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Andre Jute

Jul 21, 2016, 3:04:09 PM7/21/16
How shall we ever get the bicycle utopia* going if you fellows are more interested in Polish girls doing pole dances than in the fearful asymmetry of Frankie-boy's oval chainring?

How can adult cyclists not know that yesterday's abysmal failure is today's hot bicycle component? It is written that thus it has always been, and so forth shall ever be.**

Andre Jute
*The desired, dreamed-of state where everyone has a bike like mine.
**I just wrote it like that.