Another idiot mountain biker!

EdwardDolan

Jul 21, 2014, 2:26:06 AM7/21/14
As if broken bones weren't enough.... but not to worry. Leonard is probably thinking of how he can go back to mountain biking with just one hand on the bars. Blackblade thinks this is a small price to pay for the joys of riding a bike on a hiking trail. And it is why I have categorized all mountain bikers as being not only stupid, but crazy.

Newport man survives flesh-eating bacteria

By Brian Crandall

Braden Leonard
NEWPORT, R.I. -

A Johnston firefighter who lives in Newport lost his hand to
flesh-eating bacteria.

It seemed like a simple injury at first, suffered while Braden
Leonard was mountain biking in Newport. But it quickly turned into a
near fatal infection.

Leonard, a nine-year veteran of the Johnston Fire Department, fell
into some thorns while biking in his off-time at the beginning of
June. One thorn punctured his hand, and what turned out to be
so-called flesh eating bacteria set in.

He was hospitalized for 10 days and in an induced coma for five days
of that. His right hand was amputated as a result.

Leonard said Friday that he is in good spirits now, six weeks after
he nearly died.

"I consider myself pretty lucky. People say, you have a great
attitude. I had a 30 percent chance of survival when I started out in
the hospital," Leonard said.

Braden said he wants to go back to his job as a firefighter. He said
all the support he's had from his colleagues is an inspiration.

A fundraiser is planned for the end of the month.

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by hikers – unless they want to get off their god damn fucking bikes and walk like everyone else. When they crash and injure themselves, I rejoice! If and when they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to mountain biking!

“Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground.”
~ Christina Rossetti (Psalm 24),
from "A Later Life: A Double Sonnet of Sonnets"

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

EdwardDolan

Jul 21, 2014, 2:44:49 AM7/21/14
Another sad story among many thousands that I could be posting to this thread. If this idiot were 23 instead of 43 it would be somewhat easier to understand,  Apparently wisdom does not always come with age. You can have all the adventure that anyone could ever want on a trail in the wilderness just by doing a trek on your own two legs without having anything to do with a bicycle.

I charge Blackblade and all those who promote mountain biking as being little better than murderers. Riding a bike on a hiking trail is so dangerous as to constitute an insanity. Is Blackblade insane?

Limerick man who died in US mountain bike accident laid to rest

Members of Shannon Rowing Club and Limerick Boat Club lower their
oars in respect as the remains of Eddie Crean are brought over
Sarsfield Bridge on Friday night. Picture: Dave Gaynor
by Mike Dwane

Published 15/07/2014 07:30

A LIMERICK man who died in a mountain bike accident in the United
States two weeks ago has been laid to rest in his native city.

Eddie Crean, 43, a father-of-one who grew up in Mayorstone, was
remembered at his funeral mass at Our Lady of the Rosary Church on
Saturday as somebody full of life, warmth and generosity.

He had left Limerick over 20 years ago to make a new life in the
United States, living for most of that time in Boston.

Eddie was training for a charity cycle when he took a hard fall on a
biking track in Denver on June 30. He had moved to Denver with his
partner Christina Trotta only three weeks before the tragedy
occurred. A lover of adventure sports and the great outdoors, Eddie
had only begun to explore the wilds around Colorado.

"When someone so young as Edmond had been taken from us suddenly and
tragically, tears are bound to flow," Fr Martin Crean, an uncle of
the deceased, told mourners.

"That is particularly so for one so young and so full of life. And
what a life he led, a life full of adventure," said Fr Crean.

He also remembered his nephew's generosity in putting him up during
Ireland's World Cup adventure in the United States in 1994.

"Edmond gave me his bedroom and gave me his bed. I was so selfish I
never asked where he was going to sleep but I learned the next
morning that he had slept on the couch. But that was Edmond, kind and
hospitable to all and sundry," said Fr Crean.

While he had left Limerick in the 1990s, his many friends in the city
had not forgotten about Eddie Crean. A former member of both Limerick
Boat Club and Shannon Rowing Club, Mr Crean's remains were carried on
Friday night over the bridge which divides them. Members of the both
clubs formed a guard of honour as the cortege made its way over
Sarsfield Bridge.

That so many people from Limerick had remembered Eddie and that
people had travelled from areas as farflung as Alaska and Bali was an
indication in itself of the esteem in which he was held, Fr Crean said.

Eddie Crean was buried at Mount St Oliver and is survived by parents
Theresa and Jack, partner Christina, 18-year-old son Mark, sisters
Linda and Stephanie, relatives and friends.

Blackblade

Jul 21, 2014, 6:59:35 AM7/21/14
Ed, just go forth and multiply.

I'm bored to death of your inanity and you're getting as bad as that sociopath Vandeman with this ridiculous posting.

Produce some evidence to challenge 0.00123 fatalities per million miles travelled (or other appropriate metric) or I am just going to ignore you henceforth.

EdwardDolan

Jul 21, 2014, 2:23:31 PM7/21/14
"Blackblade"  wrote in message news:dcb06594-7d77-483b...@googlegroups.com...

> Ed, just go forth and multiply.

> I'm bored to death of your inanity and you're getting as bad as that sociopath Vandeman with this ridiculous posting.

Every post of mine on the idiocy of mountain bikers will reference your anonymous moniker (“Blackblade”) since I do regard you as the ultimate Asshole mountain biker. If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!

> Produce some evidence to challenge 0.00123 fatalities per million miles travelled (or other appropriate metric) or I am just going to ignore you henceforth.

My posts are all the evidence that anyone but an idiot like you needs.

Indeed, go forth .... and perish like all your criminal brethren!

But since you referenced the foremost expert in the world (Michael Vandeman) on the effects of biking on hiking trails here is a nice summation of his thinking on the subject. Read it and weep -  you God Damn Dumb Fucking Stupid Asshole!

Sent to: ca...@blm.gov

Please share with all appropriate and interested parties.

Re:
http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/arcata/kingrange/mountain_bike_trail.html

It makes no sense to build trails only for mountain bikers. Your mission is to serve all Americans. Permitting bikes on trails makes the trails too dangerous and unpleasant for all other trail users (hikers & equestrians -- the maqjority!), and drives them off of the trails, in violation of the Constitution and your mission.

Bicycles should not be allowed in any natural area. They are inanimate objects and have no rights. There is also no right to mountain bike. That was settled in federal court in 1996:
http://mjvande.nfshost.com/mtb10.htm . It's dishonest of mountain bikers to say that they don't have access to trails closed to bikes. They have EXACTLY the same access as everyone else -- ON FOOT! Why isn't that good enough for mountain bikers? They are all capable of walking....

A favorite myth of mountain bikers is that mountain biking is no more harmful to wildlife, people, and the environment than hiking, and that science supports that view. Of course, it's not true. To settle the matter once and for all, I read all of the research they cited, and wrote a review of the research on mountain biking impacts (see http://mjvande.nfshost.com/scb7.htm ). I found that of the seven studies they cited, (1) all were written by mountain bikers, and (2) in every case, the authors misinterpreted their own data, in order to come to the conclusion that they favored. They also studiously avoided mentioning another scientific study (Wisdom et al) which did not favor mountain biking, and came to the opposite conclusions.

Those were all experimental studies. Two other studies (by White et al and by Jeff Marion) used a survey design, which is inherently incapable of answering that question (comparing hiking with mountain biking). I only mention them because mountain bikers often cite them, but scientifically, they are worthless.

Mountain biking accelerates erosion, creates V-shaped ruts, kills small animals and plants on and next to the trail, drives wildlife and other trail users out of the area, and, worst of all, teaches kids that the rough treatment of nature is okay (it's NOT!). What's good about THAT?

To see exactly what harm mountain biking does to the land, watch this 5-minute video:
http://vimeo.com/48784297.

In addition to all of this, it is extremely dangerous:
http://mjvande.nfshost.com/mtb_dangerous.htm .

For more information:
http://mjvande.nfshost.com/mtbfaq.htm .

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by hikers – unless they want to get off their god damn fucking bikes and walk like everyone else. When they crash and injure themselves, I rejoice! If and when they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to mountain biking!

Blackblade

Jul 22, 2014, 5:44:49 AM7/22/14
> > Ed, just go forth and multiply.
>
> > I'm bored to death of your inanity and you're getting as
> bad as that sociopath Vandeman with this ridiculous posting.
>
> Every post of mine on the idiocy of mountain bikers will
> reference your anonymous moniker ("Blackblade") since I do regard you as the
> ultimate Asshole mountain biker. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the
> kitchen!

If you think your pitiful efforts to agitate against mountainbiking count as 'heat' I suggest you've lead a very sheltered life.

> > Produce some evidence to challenge 0.00123 fatalities per
> million miles travelled (or other appropriate metric) or I am just going to
> ignore you henceforth.
>
> My posts are all the evidence that anyone but an idiot like
> you needs.

Your posts prove my point Ed ... that mountainbking is relatively safe ... because there are so few of them relative to the number of rides taking place (approx 3.5million per day). If you don't understand that then you are either statistically illiterate or dishonest.

> Indeed, go forth .... and perish like all your criminal
> brethren!

Unlike your so called expert vandeman, I am not a criminal and have never even been arrested let alone convicted in a court.

> But since you referenced the foremost expert in the world
> (Michael Vandeman) on the effects of biking on hiking trails here is a nice
> summation of his thinking on the subject. Read it and weep - you God Damn
> Dumb Fucking Stupid Asshole!

vandeman an expert ... don't make me laugh. He's a criminal (convicted in a court of law of battery and other crimes), sociopathic, monomaniacal lobbyist with a bee in his bonnet about mountainbikes.

Ah, and I see that the ad hominem is back again ... a sure indication that, yet again, you can't win the argument rationally.

I would suggest you look closely at vandeman and, given where he's ended up, learn the lessons from that and reconsider whether you really want to be doing this.

EdwardDolan

Jul 27, 2014, 11:23:27 PM7/27/14
"Blackblade"  wrote in message news:2bdd896e-6f26-463b...@googlegroups.com...

> > Ed, just go forth and multiply.
>
> > I'm bored to death of your inanity and you're getting as
> bad as that sociopath Vandeman with this ridiculous posting.
>
> Every post of mine on the idiocy of mountain bikers will
> reference your anonymous moniker ("Blackblade") since I do regard you as the
> ultimate Asshole mountain biker. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the
> kitchen!

>>> If you think your pitiful efforts to agitate against mountainbiking count as 'heat' I suggest you've lead a very sheltered life.

I am not “bored to death” since I will say what matters to me whether or not anyone is paying attention. The reason you are bored to death is that you do not know how to advance a conversation.

> > Produce some evidence to challenge 0.00123 fatalities per
> million miles travelled (or other appropriate metric) or I am just going to
> ignore you henceforth.
>
> My posts are all the evidence that anyone but an idiot like
> you needs.

>>> Your posts prove my point Ed ... that mountainbking is relatively safe ... because there are so few of them relative to the number of rides taking place (approx 3.5million per day).  If you don't understand that then you are either statistically illiterate or dishonest.

I understand statistics better than you do. They hardly ever measure what they are purporting to measure. Your reliance on such data marks you as a fool. My contempt for polls is on the same dismal level. Even “scientific studies” have fallen to a new low level and are no longer to be trusted.
[...]

> But since you referenced the foremost expert in the world
> (Michael Vandeman) on the effects of biking on hiking trails here is a nice
> summation of his thinking on the subject. Read it and weep -  you God Damn
> Dumb Fucking Stupid Asshole!

>>> vandeman an expert ... don't make me laugh.  He's a criminal (convicted in a court of law of battery and other crimes), sociopathic, monomaniacal lobbyist with a bee in his bonnet about mountainbikes.

>>> Ah, and I see that the ad hominem is back again ... a sure indication that, yet again, you can't win the argument rationally.

>>> I would suggest you look closely at vandeman and, given where he's ended up, learn the lessons from that and reconsider whether you really want to be doing this.

Mr. Vandeman is a genius; you are an idiot. I got to call them the way I see them!

Mr. Vandeman is the expert on the deleterious effects of bikes on trails. I am the expert on the virtues of walking ... whether on trails or anywhere else. Walking, especially solitary walks, is how we humans relate to the reality of our environment and indeed to the reality of our selves. It is something great to move any distance on our own two legs. It is what almost all land animals do. Moving through our environment in airplanes, trains and automobiles is an abomination (bicycles less so, but still can’t compare to walking). If only you had the wisdom to know that. But you haven’t. You think cycling is doing the same thing as walking. The reason you think that is because you are an idiot.

Blackblade

Jul 29, 2014, 5:48:16 AM7/29/14
> > > Ed, just go forth and multiply.
>

> > > I'm bored to death of your inanity and you're getting as
>
> > bad as that sociopath Vandeman with this ridiculous posting.
>

> > Every post of mine on the idiocy of mountain bikers will
>
> > reference your anonymous moniker ("Blackblade") since I do regard you
> as the
>
> > ultimate Asshole mountain biker. If you can't stand the heat, get out
> of the
>
> > kitchen!

> mountainbiking count as 'heat' I suggest you've lead a very sheltered
> life.
>
> I am not "bored to death" since I will say what matters to me
> whether or not anyone is paying attention. The reason you are bored to death is
> that you do not know how to advance a conversation.

I am trying ... but, despite being shown objective facts to counter your propositions, you keep reverting to provably false premises. However, it gets very trying ... and I think you make yourself look rather foolish but, hey, it's not me who's making that judgement.

> > > Produce some evidence to challenge 0.00123 fatalities per
>
> > million miles travelled (or other appropriate metric) or I am just
> going to
>
> > ignore you henceforth.
>

> > My posts are all the evidence that anyone but an idiot like
>
> > you needs.

> relatively safe ... because there are so few of them relative to the number of
> rides taking place (approx 3.5million per day). If you don't understand
> that then you are either statistically illiterate or dishonest.
>
> I understand statistics better than you do. They hardly ever
> measure what they are purporting to measure. Your reliance on such data marks
> you as a fool. My contempt for polls is on the same dismal level. Even
> "scientific studies" have fallen to a new low level and are no longer to be
> trusted.

Oh you do do you ? Nonsense. You have repeatedly shown that either you don't understand a thing about it or are being deliberately dishonest. I've made it really simple for you ... how many fatalities worldwide vs how many rides per day (or week, month, year - doesn't matter). On that metric, which even you should be able to comprehend, mountainbiking is relatively safe. Certainly much safer than riding a bike on the road.

> > But since you referenced the foremost expert in the world
>
> > (Michael Vandeman) on the effects of biking on hiking trails here is a
> nice
>
> > summation of his thinking on the subject. Read it and weep - you
> God Damn
>
> > Dumb Fucking Stupid Asshole!

> criminal (convicted in a court of law of battery and other crimes), sociopathic,
> monomaniacal lobbyist with a bee in his bonnet about mountainbikes.

> indication that, yet again, you can't win the argument rationally.

> he's ended up, learn the lessons from that and reconsider whether you really
> want to be doing this.
>
> Mr. Vandeman is a genius; you are an idiot. I got to
> call them the way I see them!

You can indeed ... and in deliberately associating with a convicted criminal you thereby undermine your own position too. Vandeman is a side-show cabaret to any real discussion of the issues.

> Mr. Vandeman is the expert on the deleterious effects of bikes
> on trails.

Vandeman is an expert on nothing related to mountainbiking. He has no qualifications in the field, he has done no research and he's never worked in the space. He's just a criminal who doesn't like mountainbiking.

> I am the expert on the virtues of walking ... whether on trails or
> anywhere else. Walking, especially solitary walks, is how we humans relate to
> the reality of our environment and indeed to the reality of our selves. It is
> something great to move any distance on our own two legs. It is what almost all
> land animals do. Moving through our environment in airplanes, trains and
> automobiles is an abomination (bicycles less so, but still can't compare to
> walking). If only you had the wisdom to know that. But you haven't. You think
> cycling is doing the same thing as walking. The reason you think that is because
> you are an idiot.

Ed, you keep forgetting that I am a hiker too. You don't need to sell me on the merits of hiking or try to infer that I don't get it. I do. However, what I do get and you don't is that it is still a recreation and it would be wholly unfair to deny others access to a common resource simply because you happen not to like their activity.

You don't seem to understand that just because YOU prefer to hike that doesn't make it axiomatically a 'better' activity for anyone else. Each to their own.

EdwardDolan

Jul 30, 2014, 12:33:53 AM7/30/14
"Blackblade"  wrote in message news:cd5fc7e8-ecb6-440c...@googlegroups.com...
[...]

Edward Dolan wrote:

> I am not "bored to death" since I will say what matters to me
> whether or not anyone is paying attention. The reason you are bored to death is
> that you do not know how to advance a conversation.

>> I am trying ... but, despite being shown objective facts to counter your propositions, you keep reverting to provably false premises.  However, it gets very trying ... and I think you make yourself look rather foolish but, hey, it's not me who's making that judgement.

Your “facts” are anything but objective, whereas my reports from the media are real.
[...]

> I understand statistics better than you do. They hardly ever
> measure what they are purporting to measure. Your reliance on such data marks
> you as a fool. My contempt for polls is on the same dismal level. Even
> "scientific studies" have fallen to a new low level and are no longer to be
> trusted.

>> Oh you do do you ?  Nonsense.  You have repeatedly shown that either you don't understand a thing about it or are being deliberately dishonest.  I've made it really simple for you ... how many fatalities worldwide vs how many rides per day (or week, month, year - doesn't matter).  On that metric, which even you should be able to comprehend, mountainbiking is relatively safe.  Certainly much safer than riding a bike on the road.

The kind of mountain biking that is done in alpine regions of the US is anything but safe. It is extremely dangerous as is attested to by all the serious injuries and deaths.
[...]

> Mr. Vandeman is the expert on the deleterious effects of bikes
> on trails.

>> Vandeman is an expert on nothing related to mountainbiking.  He has no qualifications in the field, he has done no research and he's never worked in the space.  He's just a criminal who doesn't like mountainbiking.

He has devoted the later years of his life to the subject and is having great effect on many of the land managers here in the US. He and his views will prevail in the end, not you and your despicable views.

> I am the expert on the virtues of walking ... whether on trails or
> anywhere else. Walking, especially solitary walks, is how we humans relate to
> the reality of our environment and indeed to the reality of our selves. It is
> something great to move any distance on our own two legs. It is what almost all
> land animals do. Moving through our environment in airplanes, trains and
> automobiles is an abomination (bicycles less so, but still can't compare to
> walking). If only you had the wisdom to know that. But you haven't. You think
> cycling is doing the same thing as walking. The reason you think that is because
> you are an idiot.

>> Ed, you keep forgetting that I am a hiker too.  You don't need to sell me on the merits of hiking or try to infer that I don't get it.  I do.  However, what I do get and you don't is that it is still a recreation and it would be wholly unfair to deny others access to a common resource simply because you happen not to like their activity.

>> You don't seem to understand that just because YOU prefer to hike that doesn't make it axiomatically a 'better' activity for anyone else.  Each to their own.

I frankly don’t care what anyone does or does not do – provided it does not interfere with what others have rightly been doing for generations. Furthermore, hiking is indeed superior to biking because it is natural and slower, thereby allowing for more consciousness of the immediate environment uncontaminated by the sporting ethos. One is almost a religion, the other is indeed just a recreation.

Blackblade

Aug 8, 2014, 6:20:58 AM8/8/14
> > I am not "bored to death" since I will say what matters to me
>
> > whether or not anyone is paying attention. The reason you are bored to
> death is
>
> > that you do not know how to advance a conversation.
>
> >> I am trying ... but, despite being shown objective facts to
> counter your propositions, you keep reverting to provably false premises.
> However, it gets very trying ... and I think you make yourself look rather
> foolish but, hey, it's not me who's making that judgement.
>
> Your "facts" are anything but objective, whereas my reports
> from the media are real.

They were either calculated from publicly available information or simply referenced, such as the BMJ figures.

Your reports from the media are simply jounalists writing, or not, about specific incidents and tell one absolutely nothing about the overall risk of injury or death associated with an activity.

As I said, Google will deliver you over 1.5 MILLION links if you type 'Hiker dies' into the search box. So, on that basis, hiking is crazily dangerous ... report after report after report. Unless you consider what percentage of all the people taking part are being affected you have no idea as to the level of danger associated with any given activity.

> > I understand statistics better than you do. They hardly ever
>
> > measure what they are purporting to measure. Your reliance on such
> data marks
>
> > you as a fool. My contempt for polls is on the same dismal level. Even
>

> > "scientific studies" have fallen to a new low level and are no longer
> to be
>
> > trusted.
>

> >> Oh you do do you ? Nonsense. You have repeatedly shown
> that either you don't understand a thing about it or are being deliberately
> dishonest. I've made it really simple for you ... how many fatalities
> worldwide vs how many rides per day (or week, month, year - doesn't
> matter). On that metric, which even you should be able to comprehend,
> mountainbiking is relatively safe. Certainly much safer than riding a bike
> on the road.
>
> The kind of mountain biking that is done in alpine regions of
> the US is anything but safe. It is extremely dangerous as is attested to by all
> the serious injuries and deaths.

Oh yes ? How many, as a percentage of all the rides, result in a serious injury or fatality ? Don't know ? Then go away until you do ... because you're spouting nonsense otherwise.

> > Mr. Vandeman is the expert on the deleterious effects of bikes
>
> > on trails.
>
> >> Vandeman is an expert on nothing related to mountainbiking.
> He has no qualifications in the field, he has done no research and he's never
> worked in the space. He's just a criminal who doesn't like
> mountainbiking.
>
> He has devoted the later years of his life to the subject and
> is having great effect on many of the land managers here in the US. He and his
> views will prevail in the end, not you and your despicable views.

I very much doubt that any public official is going to take much notice of a proven criminal who has spent nearly two decades frothing at the mouth on the internet but done no research to backup his views.

> > I am the expert on the virtues of walking ... whether on trails or
> > anywhere else. Walking, especially solitary walks, is how we humans
> relate to
> > the reality of our environment and indeed to the reality of our
> selves. It is
> > something great to move any distance on our own two legs. It is what
> almost all
> > land animals do. Moving through our environment in airplanes, trains
> and
> > automobiles is an abomination (bicycles less so, but still can't
> compare to
> > walking). If only you had the wisdom to know that. But you haven't.
> You think
> > cycling is doing the same thing as walking. The reason you think that
> is because
> > you are an idiot.
>
> >> Ed, you keep forgetting that I am a hiker too. You don't
> need to sell me on the merits of hiking or try to infer that I don't get
> it. I do. However, what I do get and you don't is that it is still a
> recreation and it would be wholly unfair to deny others access to a common
> resource simply because you happen not to like their activity.
>
> >> You don't seem to understand that just because YOU prefer to hike
> that doesn't make it axiomatically a 'better' activity for anyone else.
> Each to their own.
>
> I frankly don't care what anyone does or does not do -
> provided it does not interfere with what others have rightly been doing for
> generations. Furthermore, hiking is indeed superior to biking because it is
> natural and slower, thereby allowing for more consciousness of the immediate
> environment uncontaminated by the sporting ethos. One is almost a religion, the
> other is indeed just a recreation.

You're lying again Ed. You wrote, not long ago, that the mere prescence of a bike on a trail, even if there were no interaction, was "Mental Torture" to you.

You prefer hiking, for the reasons you've stated, I tend to prefer biking these days for reasons it would be otiose to restate now. That's your, and my, right to do so. It is not your right to annexe public resources simply because you don't like my activity.

EdwardDolan

Aug 19, 2014, 11:00:04 PM8/19/14
"Blackblade"  wrote in message news:74901b25-29e6-481a...@googlegroups.com...
[...]

>> Your reports from the media are simply jounalists writing, or not, about specific incidents and tell one absolutely nothing about the overall risk of injury or death associated with an activity.

>> As I said, Google will deliver you over 1.5 MILLION links if you type 'Hiker dies' into the search box.  So, on that basis, hiking is crazily dangerous ... report after report after report.  Unless you consider what percentage of all the people taking part are being affected you have no idea as to the level of danger associated with any given activity.

I will be able to explain each and every hiker death whereas you are unable explain any biker deaths, other than attributing it to the stupidity of trying to bike on a hiking trail.
[...]

Edward Dolan wrote:

> I frankly don't care what anyone does or does not do -
> provided it does not interfere with what others have rightly been doing for
> generations. Furthermore, hiking is indeed superior to biking because it is
> natural and slower, thereby allowing for more consciousness of the immediate
> environment uncontaminated by the sporting ethos. One is almost a religion, the
> other is indeed just a recreation.

>> You're lying again Ed.  You wrote, not long ago, that the mere prescence of a bike on a trail, even if there were no interaction, was "Mental Torture" to you.

Since bicycles do not belong on hiking trails it is indeed an offense to have them there.

>> You prefer hiking, for the reasons you've stated, I tend to prefer biking these days for reasons it would be otiose to restate now.  That's your, and my, right to do so.  It is not your right to annexe public resources simply because you don't like my activity.

Otiose? Annexe?  Try to write common every day English if that is possible. I am the only one here who is entitled to delusions of grandeur since I am Great and you aren’t!

Blackblade

Aug 26, 2014, 12:43:47 PM8/26/14
> >> Your reports from the media are simply jounalists writing, or not,
> about specific incidents and tell one absolutely nothing about the overall risk
> of injury or death associated with an activity.
>
> >> As I said, Google will deliver you over 1.5 MILLION links if you
> type 'Hiker dies' into the search box. So, on that basis, hiking is
> crazily dangerous ... report after report after report. Unless you
> consider what percentage of all the people taking part are being affected you
> have no idea as to the level of danger associated with any given activity.
>
> I will be able to explain each and every hiker death whereas
> you are unable explain any biker deaths, other than attributing it to the
> stupidity of trying to bike on a hiking trail.

Complete non sequitur. I don't care whether you can EXPLAIN them or not. The fact is that they happen. By your own logic, based on simple number of media reports, hiking is crazily dangerous. Or, possibly, your logic is flawed ?

> > I frankly don't care what anyone does or does not do -
>
> > provided it does not interfere with what others have rightly been
> doing for
>
> > generations. Furthermore, hiking is indeed superior to biking because
> it is
>
> > natural and slower, thereby allowing for more consciousness of the
> immediate
>
> > environment uncontaminated by the sporting ethos. One is almost a
> religion, the
>
> > other is indeed just a recreation.
>
> >> You're lying again Ed. You wrote, not long ago, that the
> mere prescence of a bike on a trail, even if there were no interaction, was
> "Mental Torture" to you.
>
> Since bicycles do not belong on hiking trails it is indeed an
> offense to have them there.

Thank you for confirming my proposition. You DO care what mountainbikers do since you have an irrational issue with them.

> >> You prefer hiking, for the reasons you've stated, I tend to prefer
> biking these days for reasons it would be otiose to restate now. That's
> your, and my, right to do so. It is not your right to annexe public
> resources simply because you don't like my activity.
>
> Otiose? Annexe? Try to write common every day English if
> that is possible. I am the only one here who is entitled to delusions of
> grandeur since I am Great and you aren't!

You're GREATly lacking in intellectual rigour and now, also GREATly in need of a rather more extended vocabulary. Perhaps you should shun profanity and brush up on proper English.

EdwardDolan

Sep 1, 2014, 11:35:32 PM9/1/14
"Blackblade"  wrote in message news:7cda6547-5d84-461a...@googlegroups.com...
[...]

Edward Dolan wrote:

> I will be able to explain each and every hiker death whereas
> you are unable explain any biker deaths, other than attributing it to the
> stupidity of trying to bike on a hiking trail.

It is WHY an accident happens that is paramount. Hiking is as safe as taking a walk around the block.
[...]

> Since bicycles do not belong on hiking trails it is indeed an
> offense to have them there.

You are confusing the word irrational with the word rational. I DON’T care what mountain bikers do as long as they are not doing it on a hiking trail.

> >> You prefer hiking, for the reasons you've stated, I tend to prefer
> biking these days for reasons it would be otiose to restate now.  That's
> your, and my, right to do so.  It is not your right to annexe public
> resources simply because you don't like my activity.
>
> Otiose? Annexe?  Try to write common every day English if
> that is possible. I am the only one here who is entitled to delusions of
> grandeur since I am Great and you aren't!

The English lost their ability to instruct anyone in the language ever since they lost their empire and became nothing but a small kingdom by the sea. However, I understand your envy. It is something I have learned to live with ... the envy of my inferiors.

Blackblade

Sep 2, 2014, 5:26:04 AM9/2/14
> > I will be able to explain each and every hiker death whereas
>
> > you are unable explain any biker deaths, other than attributing it to
> the
>
> > stupidity of trying to bike on a hiking trail.

> EXPLAIN them or not. The fact is that they happen. By your own
> logic, based on simple number of media reports, hiking is crazily
> dangerous. Or, possibly, your logic is flawed ?
>
> It is WHY an accident happens that is paramount. Hiking is as
> safe as taking a walk around the block.

On what basis can you claim that Ed ... when there are 1.5 MILLION media reports of hiker fatalities ? You keep claiming that simply referencing media reports shows how dangerous mountainbiking is ... yet I've shown that there are way MORE hiker deaths according to that simplistic method. So, what I've done is one of two things; if your method is correct then hiking is way more dangerous than moutainbiking or, and this is actually the case, that your method of ascribing risk simply based on media reports is INCORRECT.

You can try and flail around as much as you like on nonsense but your fundamental precept is shown as disproven.

> > Since bicycles do not belong on hiking trails it is indeed an
>
> > offense to have them there.

> what mountainbikers do since you have an irrational issue with them.
>
> You are confusing the word irrational with the word rational.
> I DON'T care what mountain bikers do as long as they are not doing it on a
> hiking trail.

No, I'm not ... the fact that the mere presence of a bike, which does not interact with you in any way, disturbs your mental equilibrium to such a degree that you describe it as 'Mental Torture' clearly demonstrates that your issues with mountainbikes are "not controlled or governed by reason" ... the very definition of irrational.

> prefer
>
> > biking these days for reasons it would be otiose to restate now.
> That's
>
> > your, and my, right to do so. It is not your right to annexe
> public
>
> > resources simply because you don't like my activity.
>
> > Otiose? Annexe? Try to write common every day English if
>
> > that is possible. I am the only one here who is entitled to delusions
> of
>
> > grandeur since I am Great and you aren't!

> also GREATly in need of a rather more extended vocabulary. Perhaps you
> should shun profanity and brush up on proper English.
>
> The English lost their ability to instruct anyone in the
> language ever since they lost their empire and became nothing but a small
> kingdom by the sea. However, I understand your envy. It is something I have
> learned to live with ... the envy of my inferiors.

Yet, despite your statement, your vocabulary seems inferior to mine ... since, unlike you, I did not have to consult a dictionary for the correct usage of otiose.

Yet again, the facts seem to be somewhat at odds with your perceptions.

EdwardDolan

Sep 21, 2014, 4:52:25 PM9/21/14
"Blackblade"  wrote in message news:037a0d25-fbdd-4ad4...@googlegroups.com...
[...]

Edward Dolan wrote:

> It is WHY an accident happens that is paramount. Hiking is as
> safe as taking a walk around the block.

>> On what basis can you claim that Ed ... when there are 1.5 MILLION media reports of hiker fatalities ?  You keep claiming that simply referencing media reports shows how dangerous mountainbiking is ... yet I've shown that there are way MORE hiker deaths according to that simplistic method.  So, what I've done is one of two things; if your method is correct then hiking is way more dangerous than moutainbiking or, and this is actually the case, that your method of ascribing risk simply based on media reports is INCORRECT.

Media report give a very good sampling of what is happening on the trails. Your data is as screwed up as you are.
[...]

> You are confusing the word irrational with the word rational.
> I DON'T care what mountain bikers do as long as they are not doing it on a
> hiking trail.

>> No, I'm not ... the fact that the mere presence of a bike, which does not interact with you in any way, disturbs your mental equilibrium to such a degree that you describe it as 'Mental Torture' clearly demonstrates that your issues with mountainbikes are "not controlled or governed by reason" ... the very definition of irrational.

A mental conflict is the ultimate conflict. Let’s face it, you just want to do what you want to do and don't care how it effects anyone else.
[...]

> The English lost their ability to instruct anyone in the
> language ever since they lost their empire and became nothing but a small
> kingdom by the sea. However, I understand your envy. It is something I have
> learned to live with ... the envy of my inferiors.

>> Yet, despite your statement, your vocabulary seems inferior to mine ... since, unlike you, I did not have to consult a dictionary for the correct usage of otiose.

Consulting a dictionary to get the exact meaning of a word is a sign of intelligence, something that you have never shown any evidence of. Using uncommon words is only something I am allowed to do since I am Great ... and you aren’t!

>> Yet again, the facts seem to be somewhat at odds with your perceptions.

My minutest perception is beyond any facts you could ever dredge up.

Blackblade

Sep 23, 2014, 5:53:54 AM9/23/14
> > It is WHY an accident happens that is paramount. Hiking is as
>
> > safe as taking a walk around the block.
>
> >> On what basis can you claim that Ed ... when there are 1.5 MILLION
> media reports of hiker fatalities ? You keep claiming that simply
> referencing media reports shows how dangerous mountainbiking is ... yet I've
> shown that there are way MORE hiker deaths according to that simplistic
> method. So, what I've done is one of two things; if your method is correct
> then hiking is way more dangerous than moutainbiking or, and this is actually
> the case, that your method of ascribing risk simply based on media reports is
> INCORRECT.
>
> Media report give a very good sampling of what is happening on
> the trails. Your data is as screwed up as you are.

My data ? A simple Google trawl for Media Reports ? Which, funnily enough, throws up MORE hiker incidents than mountainbiking ones. If you defend the method, which is flawed, then the inevitable conclusion is that hiking is more dangerous since, clearly, there are more media reports.

Or, more likely, you're full of **** again.

> > You are confusing the word irrational with the word rational.
>
> > I DON'T care what mountain bikers do as long as they are not doing it
> on a
>
> > hiking trail.
>
> >> No, I'm not ... the fact that the mere presence of a bike, which
> does not interact with you in any way, disturbs your mental equilibrium to such
> a degree that you describe it as 'Mental Torture' clearly demonstrates that your
> issues with mountainbikes are "not controlled or governed by reason" ... the
> very definition of irrational.
>
> A mental conflict is the ultimate conflict. Let's face it, you
> just want to do what you want to do and don't care how it effects anyone
> else.

No, I'm quite happy to accomodate and compromise ... but only with reasonable people who accept that compromise means giving and not just getting. You, who are not prepared to give anything will get nothing in return.

> > The English lost their ability to instruct anyone in the
>
> > language ever since they lost their empire and became nothing but a
> small
>
> > kingdom by the sea. However, I understand your envy. It is something I
> have
>
> > learned to live with ... the envy of my inferiors.
>
> >> Yet, despite your statement, your vocabulary seems inferior to
> mine ... since, unlike you, I did not have to consult a dictionary for the
> correct usage of otiose.
>
> Consulting a dictionary to get the exact meaning of a word is
> a sign of intelligence, something that you have never shown any evidence of.
> Using uncommon words is only something I am allowed to do since I am Great ...
> and you aren't!

So you say ... I prefer to accept the plaudits of others rather than proclaim my own greatness and then look foolish.

> >> Yet again, the facts seem to be somewhat at odds with your
> perceptions.
>
> My minutest perception is beyond any facts you could ever
> dredge up.

Hubris ?

EdwardDolan

Sep 25, 2014, 12:54:36 AM9/25/14
"Blackblade"  wrote in message news:30e5e2a8-f1f6-4681...@googlegroups.com...

> > It is WHY an accident happens that is paramount. Hiking is as
>
> > safe as taking a walk around the block.
>
> >> On what basis can you claim that Ed ... when there are 1.5 MILLION
> media reports of hiker fatalities ?  You keep claiming that simply
> referencing media reports shows how dangerous mountainbiking is ... yet I've
> shown that there are way MORE hiker deaths according to that simplistic
> method.  So, what I've done is one of two things; if your method is correct
> then hiking is way more dangerous than moutainbiking or, and this is actually
> the case, that your method of ascribing risk simply based on media reports is
> INCORRECT.
>
> Media reports give a very good sampling of what is happening on
> the trails. Your data is as screwed up as you are.

>>> My data ?  A simple Google trawl for Media Reports ?  Which, funnily enough, throws up MORE hiker incidents than mountainbiking ones.  If you defend the method, which is flawed, then the inevitable conclusion is that hiking is more dangerous since, clearly, there are more media reports.

>>> Or, more likely, you're full of **** again.

Google search does not know shit from Shinola ... and neither do you!
[...]

> A mental conflict is the ultimate conflict. Let's face it, you
> just want to do what you want to do and don't care how it effects anyone
> else.

>>> No, I'm quite happy to accomodate and compromise ... but only with reasonable people who accept that compromise means giving and not just getting.  You, who are not prepared to give anything will get nothing in return.

You need to accommodate and compromise on the basis of the rationality of the argument, not on WHO is making the argument. That is irrelevant. However, I am prepared to let bikers have their own trails, but completely separated from the sight and sound of any hiking trail.
[...]

> Consulting a dictionary to get the exact meaning of a word is
> a sign of intelligence, something that you have never shown any evidence of.
> Using uncommon words is only something I am allowed to do since I am Great ...
> and you aren't!

>>> So you say ... I prefer to accept the plaudits of others rather than proclaim my own greatness and then look foolish.

Nope, the word “plaudits” did not throw me. Hells Bells, I regularly “applaud” myself every time I post. Still, “otiose” is not a word in common usage, so why use it? You ought to know by now that nothing impresses me except my Own Greatness!

> >> Yet again, the facts seem to be somewhat at odds with your
> perceptions.
>
> My minutest perception is beyond any facts you could ever
> dredge up.

>>> Hubris ?

Obviously you do not understand My Greatness! I also have Great Saintliness but I only resort to it when I encounter a real scalawag on Usenet.

Blackblade

Sep 25, 2014, 5:46:03 AM9/25/14
Well, I know it enough to dispose of yours !

You keep referencing 'media reports' from the web and claiming that this is somehow indicative of a general malaise or problem. I'm doing EXACTLY the same thing ... only searching for hiking rather than mountainbiking reports. Either the method is valid (it isn't) and hiking is ridiculously dangerous or it's not ... and your method needs changing.

> > A mental conflict is the ultimate conflict. Let's face it, you
>
> > just want to do what you want to do and don't care how it effects
> anyone
>
> > else.

> with reasonable people who accept that compromise means giving and not just
> getting. You, who are not prepared to give anything will get nothing in
> return.
>
> You need to accommodate and compromise on the basis of the
> rationality of the argument, not on WHO is making the argument. That is
> irrelevant. However, I am prepared to let bikers have their own trails, but
> completely separated from the sight and sound of any hiking trail.

At last we seem to agree on something. A rational argument needs to be had ... which means that YOUR OPINION is worthless unless you can back it up with objective data and reasoned argument. Your opinion on the desirability of sharing trails is, by your own statement, not a rational argument.

You are rather pleased with yourself aren't you ? http://www.yourdictionary.com/smug

I think it makes you sound like a ****

> > perceptions.
>

> > My minutest perception is beyond any facts you could ever
>
> > dredge up.

> Obviously you do not understand My Greatness! I also have
> Great Saintliness but I only resort to it when I encounter a real scalawag on
> Usenet.

You are rather pleased with yourself aren't you ? http://www.yourdictionary.com/smug

I think it makes you sound like a ****

EdwardDolan

Oct 26, 2014, 1:48:11 AM10/26/14
"Blackblade"  wrote in message news:479d00de-7480-4996...@googlegroups.com...
[...]

>>> You keep referencing 'media reports' from the web and claiming that this is somehow indicative of a general malaise or problem.  I'm doing EXACTLY the same thing ... only searching for hiking rather than mountainbiking reports.  Either the method is valid (it isn't) and hiking is ridiculously dangerous or it's not ... and your method needs changing.

Edward Dolan wrote:

Let’s get some detailed reports of hiking accidents. Most are not serious at all. I am only concerned with serious accidents and deaths.
[...]

> with reasonable people who accept that compromise means giving and not just
> getting.  You, who are not prepared to give anything will get nothing in
> return.
>
> You need to accommodate and compromise on the basis of the
> rationality of the argument, not on WHO is making the argument. That is
> irrelevant. However, I am prepared to let bikers have their own trails, but
> completely separated from the sight and sound of any hiking trail.

>>> At last we seem to agree on something.  A rational argument needs to be had ... which means that YOUR OPINION is worthless unless you can back it up with objective data and reasoned argument.  Your opinion on the desirability of sharing trails is, by your own statement, not a rational argument.

“Rationality” is my middle name. I am also wise. You are neither.

So what are you? You, sir, are an Asshole! ALL mountain bikers who ride their bikes on hiking trails are Assholes. Blackblade rides his bike on hiking trails. Therefore Blackblade is an Asshole. How is that for rationality?

Blackblade

Oct 28, 2014, 5:16:56 AM10/28/14
> that this is somehow indicative of a general malaise or problem. I'm doing
> EXACTLY the same thing ... only searching for hiking rather than mountainbiking
> reports. Either the method is valid (it isn't) and hiking is ridiculously
> dangerous or it's not ... and your method needs changing.
>
> Let's get some detailed reports of hiking accidents. Most are
> not serious at all. I am only concerned with serious accidents and
> deaths.

Fine ... do the same exercise typing "mountainbiker deaths" and then "hiker deaths" ...218,000 for the former and 372,000 for the latter. I take it fatalities are sufficiently serious for you ? Your method is wrong; the number of media reports proves nothing.

> only
> > with reasonable people who accept that compromise means giving and not
> just
> > getting. You, who are not prepared to give anything will get
> nothing in
> > return.
>
> > You need to accommodate and compromise on the basis of the
> > rationality of the argument, not on WHO is making the argument. That
> is
> > irrelevant. However, I am prepared to let bikers have their own
> trails, but
> > completely separated from the sight and sound of any hiking
> trail.

> argument needs to be had ... which means that YOUR OPINION is worthless unless
> you can back it up with objective data and reasoned argument. Your opinion
> on the desirability of sharing trails is, by your own statement, not a rational
> argument.
>
> "Rationality" is my middle name. I am also wise. You are
> neither.

An assertion that you have personally disproved many times with some of your ridiculous posts.

> So what are you? You, sir, are an Asshole! ALL mountain bikers
> who ride their bikes on hiking trails are Assholes. Blackblade rides his bike on
> hiking trails. Therefore Blackblade is an Asshole. How is that for
> rationality?

Flawed.

You assert that "All mountain bikers who ride their bikes on hiking trails are Assholes.". That's a premise. So, you have to prove it ... which you haven't done. Until you do, you cannot derive any conclusions from flawed or unproven premise.

Nice try though ... perhaps one day you might become rational.

EdwardDolan

Oct 29, 2014, 3:34:35 AM10/29/14
"Blackblade"  wrote in message news:9f295c22-ebfb-4c94...@googlegroups.com...

> that this is somehow indicative of a general malaise or problem.  I'm doing
> EXACTLY the same thing ... only searching for hiking rather than mountainbiking
> reports.  Either the method is valid (it isn't) and hiking is ridiculously
> dangerous or it's not ... and your method needs changing.
>
> Let's get some detailed reports of hiking accidents. Most are
> not serious at all. I am only concerned with serious accidents and
> deaths.

>> Fine ... do the same exercise typing "mountainbiker deaths" and then "hiker deaths" ...218,000 for the former and 372,000 for the latter.  I take it fatalities are sufficiently serious for you ?  Your method is wrong; the number of media reports proves nothing.

It is your numbers that prove nothing. Numbers by themselves are meaningless. On the other hand, a number attached to a detailed media report says something worth noting.
[...]

> So what are you? You, sir, are an Asshole! ALL mountain bikers
> who ride their bikes on hiking trails are Assholes. Blackblade rides his bike on
> hiking trails. Therefore Blackblade is an Asshole. How is that for
> rationality?

>> Flawed.

>> You assert that "All mountain bikers who ride their bikes on hiking trails are Assholes.".  That's a premise.  So, you have to prove it ... which you haven't done.  Until you do, you cannot derive any conclusions from flawed or unproven premise.

>> Nice try though ... perhaps one day you might become rational.

Words have a logic of their own. Too bad you can’t seem to follow words, only numbers!

Blackblade

Nov 11, 2014, 12:17:10 PM11/11/14
> claiming
> > that this is somehow indicative of a general malaise or problem.
> I'm doing
> > EXACTLY the same thing ... only searching for hiking rather than
> mountainbiking
> > reports. Either the method is valid (it isn't) and hiking is
> ridiculously
> > dangerous or it's not ... and your method needs changing.
>
> > Let's get some detailed reports of hiking accidents. Most are
> > not serious at all. I am only concerned with serious accidents and
> > deaths.
>
> >> Fine ... do the same exercise typing "mountainbiker deaths" and
> then "hiker deaths" ...218,000 for the former and 372,000 for the latter.
> I take it fatalities are sufficiently serious for you ? Your method is
> wrong; the number of media reports proves nothing.
>
> It is your numbers that prove nothing. Numbers by themselves
> are meaningless. On the other hand, a number attached to a detailed media report
> says something worth noting.

Oh, a new type of mythical number. Pray tell me what number is attached to a media report.

> > So what are you? You, sir, are an Asshole! ALL mountain bikers
> > who ride their bikes on hiking trails are Assholes. Blackblade rides
> his bike on
> > hiking trails. Therefore Blackblade is an Asshole. How is that for
> > rationality?
>
> >> Flawed.
>
> >> You assert that "All mountain bikers who ride their bikes on
> hiking trails are Assholes.". That's a premise. So, you have to
> prove it ... which you haven't done. Until you do, you cannot derive any
> conclusions from flawed or unproven premise.
>
> >> Nice try though ... perhaps one day you might become
> rational.
>
> Words have a logic of their own. Too bad you can't seem to
> follow words, only numbers!

Indeed they do ... and, clearly, you can't follow it or you would understand that what you have written is logically fallacious. It's actually circular logic in that your conclusion assumes your premise but your premise is unproven.

So, you are both illogical and innumerate. Let me phrase it correctly for you.

Ed Dolan has written provably false statements which he was aware were false
To knowingly write a false statement is a lie
A person who writes a lie is a liar
Therefore Ed Dolan is a liar

Glad I was able to help educate you

EdwardDolan

Nov 13, 2014, 10:56:32 PM11/13/14
"Blackblade"  wrote in message news:391f2137-8bf0-4e3a...@googlegroups.com...
[...]

Edward Dolan wrote:

> It is your numbers that prove nothing. Numbers by themselves
> are meaningless. On the other hand, a number attached to a detailed media report
> says something worth noting.

>> Oh, a new type of mythical number.  Pray tell me what number is attached to a media report.

The best number I like to note is 1 dead biker.

> > So what are you? You, sir, are an Asshole! ALL mountain bikers
> > who ride their bikes on hiking trails are Assholes. Blackblade rides
> his bike on
> > hiking trails. Therefore Blackblade is an Asshole. How is that for
> > rationality?
>
> >> Flawed.
>
> >> You assert that "All mountain bikers who ride their bikes on
> hiking trails are Assholes.".  That's a premise.  So, you have to
> prove it ... which you haven't done.  Until you do, you cannot derive any
> conclusions from flawed or unproven premise.
>
> >> Nice try though ... perhaps one day you might become
> rational.
>
> Words have a logic of their own. Too bad you can't seem to
> follow words, only numbers!

>> Indeed they do ... and, clearly, you can't follow it or you would understand that what you have written is logically fallacious.  It's actually circular logic in that your conclusion assumes your premise but your premise is unproven.

My premises are as from the Mouth of God. Only fools like you need to prove a premise.

>> So, you are both illogical and innumerate.  Let me phrase it correctly for you.

Is innumerate even a word? What does logic have to do with knowing the difference between right and wrong? You are an immoral idiot just like all mountain bikers.

>> Ed Dolan has written provably false statements which he was aware were false
To knowingly write a false statement is a lie
A person who writes a lie is a liar
Therefore Ed Dolan is a liar

My Greatness is clearly beyond you. Obviously, you are only comfortable around morons like yourself.

>> Glad I was able to help educate you

I was born educated. No need for any further education. It is why I am Great ... and you aren’t!

Blackblade

Nov 14, 2014, 9:30:21 AM11/14/14

> > It is your numbers that prove nothing. Numbers by themselves
> > are meaningless. On the other hand, a number attached to a detailed
> media report
> > says something worth noting.
>
> >> Oh, a new type of mythical number. Pray tell me what number
> is attached to a media report.
>
> The best number I like to note is 1 dead biker.

Ah, what a prince among men you're showing yourself to be Ed </sarcasm>

> > > So what are you? You, sir, are an Asshole! ALL mountain bikers
> > > who ride their bikes on hiking trails are Assholes. Blackblade
> rides
> > his bike on
> > > hiking trails. Therefore Blackblade is an Asshole. How is that
> for
> > > rationality?

> > hiking trails are Assholes.". That's a premise. So, you
> have to
> > prove it ... which you haven't done. Until you do, you cannot
> derive any
> > conclusions from flawed or unproven premise.

> > rational.
>
> > Words have a logic of their own. Too bad you can't seem to
> > follow words, only numbers!
>
> >> Indeed they do ... and, clearly, you can't follow it or you would
> understand that what you have written is logically fallacious. It's
> actually circular logic in that your conclusion assumes your premise but your
> premise is unproven.
>
> My premises are as from the Mouth of God. Only fools like you
> need to prove a premise.

You don't believe in God ... and you certainly aren't God ... so I think it's fairly clear who is the fool without any logical backup to their arguments.

Yes, Ed, it is. Clearly, remedial study required again. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/innumerate

> What does logic have to do with
> knowing the difference between right and wrong? You are an immoral idiot just
> like all mountain bikers.

If your definition of what is 'right' is completely illogical then you are wrong. Glad I could help you.

> >> Ed Dolan has written provably false statements which he was aware
> were false
> To knowingly write a false statement is a lie
> A person who writes a lie is a liar
> Therefore Ed Dolan is a liar
>
> My Greatness is clearly beyond you. Obviously, you are only
> comfortable around morons like yourself.

Yes, Ed, you're a really great and wonderful human being <steps carefully away whilst calling the local asylum>

> >> Glad I was able to help educate you
>
> I was born educated. No need for any further education. It is
> why I am Great ... and you aren't!

Hmmm .. shame no-one educated you on the word innumerate though isn't it ?

EdwardDolan

Nov 25, 2014, 7:38:23 PM11/25/14
"Blackblade"  wrote in message news:7402ade1-dd55-44b1...@googlegroups.com...
[...]

> Hmmm .. shame no-one educated you on the word innumerate though isn't it ?

As an American may I comment on your English idiosyncrasy?.

The English are a people of literature. The Germans are for music and the French are for art. However we Americans are for common sense and making things work. If you would go the Oxford Dictionary you will find every word that was ever invented. I know words as well as you do, but I do not like to parade my superior knowledge like a pompous jackass. There is nothing wrong with your English (the greatest language the world has ever known), but there is plenty wrong with your common sense.

There can be no sharing of hiking trails with bikers. The two modes are in conflict. If you had even an ounce of common sense you would realize that.

Blackblade

Nov 27, 2014, 6:28:40 AM11/27/14
> > Hmmm .. shame no-one educated you on the word innumerate though isn't
> it ?

> The English are a people of literature. The Germans are for
> music and the French are for art. However we Americans are for common sense and
> making things work. If you would go the Oxford Dictionary you will find every
> word that was ever invented. I know words as well as you do, but I do not like
> to parade my superior knowledge like a pompous jackass.

You wrote

"Is innumerate even a word?"

and

"I was born educated. No need for any further education. It is why I am Great ... and you aren't!"

thereby proving that you clearly didn't know the word and, further, that you are self-aggrandising and pompous in the extreme.

I think the phrase you used was 'Pompous Jackass' ... if the cap fits ...

EdwardDolan

Dec 4, 2015, 4:35:28 PM12/4/15
"Blackblade"  wrote in message news:9c439c26-6f1e-418b...@googlegroups.com...
I leave it to the reader to decide who is the pompous jackass and who is Great. I am also Holier than you!