Best place to sell a vintage 1970's Schwinn Bike

fairbornCCF

Jul 13, 2015, 1:15:54 PM7/13/15
Where is the best place to sell vintage bicycles from the 70's. I tried the local Craigslist but the audience is limited. Ebay charges a bunch and then there is always shipping. Located in Ohio.

Frank Krygowski

Jul 13, 2015, 4:31:40 PM7/13/15
On 7/13/2015 1:15 PM, fairbornCCF wrote:
> Where is the best place to sell vintage bicycles from the 70's. I tried the local Craigslist but the audience is limited. Ebay charges a bunch and then there is always shipping. Located in Ohio.

What sort of bike?

Most are not worth the trouble of selling, beyond putting them in a
garage sale. Something at the level of a Schwinn Paramount might be an
exception.

I've done some donations to bicycle coops. People working there may put
the bike to good use.

--
- Frank Krygowski

ab.ch...@rogers.com

Jul 14, 2015, 10:05:18 AM7/14/15
On Monday, July 13, 2015 at 1:15:54 PM UTC-4, fairbornCCF wrote:
> Where is the best place to sell vintage bicycles from the 70's. I tried the local Craigslist but the audience is limited. Ebay charges a bunch and then there is always shipping. Located in Ohio.

If it's that Eiche that you wrote about in your earlier thread, I doubt you'll get much for it, even though it looks to be in good working order (if badly set up). As Frank Krygowski suggested, if you don't have a garage sale, it might be a charitable act to dispose of it through a bicycle co-operative. I suppose you might look for the Ohio equivalent of this enterprise, http://bikedump.com/.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

ab.ch...@rogers.com

Jul 14, 2015, 11:00:54 AM7/14/15
On Monday, July 13, 2015 at 1:15:54 PM UTC-4, fairbornCCF wrote:
> Where is the best place to sell vintage bicycles from the 70's. I tried the local Craigslist but the audience is limited. Ebay charges a bunch and then there is always shipping. Located in Ohio.

I should have read the subject line before asking if it was the Eiche. Frank is right that, unless it's a Paramount, it won't garner much interest.

fairbornCCF

Jul 14, 2015, 2:18:32 PM7/14/15
Bike is niether an EICHE or a Schwinn. It is a Concord New Yorker. On ebay they can go for as much as 100.00

fairbornCCF

Jul 15, 2015, 9:49:49 AM7/15/15
Just saw where people are having bike swaps. That sounds like an ideal time to sell this bike. Unfortunately, that was back in March.

cycl...@yahoo.com

Sep 9, 2015, 1:51:45 PM9/9/15
If you think that people are getting $100 for a Concord New Yorker you're talking about one in collectors condition going to a collector.

I'd be VERY surprised if you could get $35 for one. As the others said, it would be easier to donate it to a charity unless it's in perfect condition.

willooo...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2019, 3:57:52 PM3/4/19
how do u sell a bike on google and list it?