Kidback trailers

Joy Beeson

Jul 10, 2016, 5:18:14 PM7/10/16

A family went by just now, with the father pulling one of those
trailers that make a single into a kidback tandem. Every time I
glimpse one of those from the corner of my eye, I think I've seen a
penny-farthing.

I guess that the high, arching trailer hitch is all that registers.
And if I've ever seen an Ordinary, I have forgotten how it looks.

There *was* an ordinary on the 5-Boro Bicycle Tour. Complete with
nineteenth-century clothing, I think. Must have been a pain during
the long periods of not moving at all; the smart people were the ones
who rode tricycles.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net