Google グループは Usenet の新規の投稿と購読のサポートを終了しました。過去のコンテンツは引き続き閲覧できます。

Down wind dash

閲覧: 1,118 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

wby0...@aol.com

未読、
2017/05/04 14:45:512017/05/04
To:
Tony Condon has departed Sunflower Aerodrome headed south destination the Gulf of Mexico.

Follow along at http://glideport.aero/map?p=GlidePort:389

Duster

未読、
2017/05/04 15:53:412017/05/04
To:
Thanks for sharing. On my screen the end of his trace precedes his contest ID "bubble". Why is that; and also why are there two "K" contest ID's for him set a few miles apart?

Ron Gleason

未読、
2017/05/04 16:00:002017/05/04
To:
On Thursday, 4 May 2017 13:53:41 UTC-6, Duster wrote:
> Thanks for sharing. On my screen the end of his trace precedes his contest ID "bubble". Why is that; and also why are there two "K" contest ID's for him set a few miles apart?

He has two trackers; one is a cell phone based that updates regularly and provides altitude and the second is a SPOT unit

Frank Whiteley

未読、
2017/05/04 16:05:332017/05/04
To:
On Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 1:53:41 PM UTC-6, Duster wrote:
> Thanks for sharing. On my screen the end of his trace precedes his contest ID "bubble". Why is that; and also why are there two "K" contest ID's for him set a few miles apart?

The point at the end of the ID bubbles is the last received fix. Two loggers for K, one is a Spot (no altitude), the other is a smartphone app I believe.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0xSWzZKb2GVSEASvOr6Tx08EyO4mMDphc is the spot link.

Duster

未読、
2017/05/04 18:44:172017/05/04
To:
Already near Waco (~650km). In a Standard Cirrus? Russian hackers at work?
Looks like he's flying directly with the NNW-SSE aligned cloudstreets that appear on satellite to run all the way to Houston. (There are none here in San Antonio just west of the track).Hope they have crews.

wby0...@aol.com

未読、
2017/05/04 20:19:182017/05/04
To:
Looks like conditions are weakening. Got low but is climbing again at quarter past the hour. Looks like he's trying to get to La Grange Texas

Renny

未読、
2017/05/04 20:41:452017/05/04
To:
On Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 6:19:18 PM UTC-6, wby0...@aol.com wrote:
> Looks like conditions are weakening. Got low but is climbing again at quarter past the hour. Looks like he's trying to get to La Grange Texas

Well, it appears that Tony (Std Cirrus?) and Mitch Hudson (in his Discus) landed a few minutes ago at Fayette Regional airport just west of LaGrange, TX. Glideport Aero indicated they did over 900KM....Truly Outstanding flights! I just hope they have crews!!! ;-)

Duster

未読、
2017/05/04 20:43:472017/05/04
To:
Maybe landing at Fayette Regional Arpt? ~850km? Great job

Tony

未読、
2017/05/04 21:15:222017/05/04
To:
Awesome flight! Mitch and I flew the last 150 miles side by side. Made it to goal of Gibbings and then floated to LaGrange. More later!

Tango Eight

未読、
2017/05/04 21:48:292017/05/04
To:
On Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 9:15:22 PM UTC-4, Tony wrote:
> Awesome flight! Mitch and I flew the last 150 miles side by side. Made it to goal of Gibbings and then floated to LaGrange. More later!

Nice goin'.

Evan / T8

Tom BravoMike

未読、
2017/05/05 0:07:172017/05/05
To:
On Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 8:15:22 PM UTC-5, Tony wrote:
> Awesome flight! Mitch and I flew the last 150 miles side by side. Made it to goal of Gibbings and then floated to LaGrange. More later!

Congratulations! It was quite exciting to watch your progress on the SPOT tracking site. And to think that we have not even started the soaring season at my place in Michigan due to the cold and rainy spring...

Looking forward to reading your "Pilot's Story".

Tom BravoMike

Tony

未読、
2017/05/05 7:54:552017/05/05
To:
Here's the current OLC Link. This is the file from IGCDroid on my phone so the altitude is goofy. http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0/gliding/flightinfo.html?flightId=-691876141

It rained over an inch at the glider club and for the first 100 miles of the files the night before. We were a little worried about that of course but as soon as the cu popped we were off and climbing with no trouble.

Once out of the rain area we had trouble! I got down to 1100 AGL but hooked a 4 knot climbs which kept me.moving. I was running out ahead of Mitch and Mike. They flew their Discii dry while I watered up my Cirrus in an attempt for us to stay together.

Once we crossed the red River the soaring got better. The clouds were more honest, we were bumping well, and it was pretty easy going to our declared turnpoint at Weatherford.

At that point Mike peeled off to do his turnpoints for his 750km flight. He had to work Friday morning so cut it short to land at home.

Mitch and I joined up near Lake Whitney and flew the rest of the way side by side. This was perfect timing as the day was starting to die. Cu were thinning while we tried to figure out how to get to our declared goal at Giddings. We got there without much trouble. Then Mitch searched and found us a weak climb coming off town. This got us high enough to make LaGrange!

John and KC decided to get a head start and left Wichita with my trailer at 8:30 am. Confidence! They were at the airport in Giddings when I flew over.

It was so much fun to have friends along for one of these dashes. Still need just a little better day (or glider) to make 1000km and the ultimate goal of the Gulf of Mexico!

BobW

未読、
2017/05/05 8:55:242017/05/05
To:
On 5/5/2017 5:54 AM, Tony wrote:
> Here's the current OLC Link. This is the file from IGCDroid on my phone so
> the altitude is goofy.
> http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0/gliding/flightinfo.html?flightId=-691876141

<Snip...>
Studly!!! Looks' like you're getting purty good at picking straight-out goals
in Texas! Funny thing...both days during your last two vulgar downwind dashes,
the idle thought, "I wonder if Tony's 'out there' today?" came unbidden to
mind as I was enjoying the post-frontal screaming southbound winds ripping
through eastern Colorado.

Bob W.

jc...@virginia.edu

未読、
2017/05/05 9:06:522017/05/05
To:
Congratulations on a great flight.... Must have been fun to fly the last 150 miles side by side ...

AE

Duster

未読、
2017/05/05 10:40:472017/05/05
To:
GOES East showing cloud streeting from mid-Kansas to mid-Texas (flight start-to-finish) late afternoon.

I'm wondering how the pilots compensated the crew for their ~20 hour round-trip retrieve?

https://www.dropbox.com/pri/get/Public/MAY4%202017%20GEOS%201%20%282%29.jpg?_subject_uid=67859916&w=AAD6mnaCXeekMIc7DAeGtquDrEwh8qjpabw29CGrZ-5sOA

aivian

未読、
2017/05/05 11:48:472017/05/05
To:
Kinda fuzzy in the beginning since the high res archive didn't start until 1900 UTC.

https://psu.box.com/s/qitztjd2ea2lr83s5nzp4c0wpmayr3d3

Soartech

未読、
2017/05/05 12:28:362017/05/05
To:
Dropbox has changed their policy so Public is really no longer public.
Could you post this somewhere else please?

> https://www.dropbox.com/pri/get/Public/MAY4%202017%20GEOS%201%20%282%29.jpg?_subject_uid=67859916&w=AAD6mnaCXeekMIc7DAeGtquDrEwh8qjpabw29CGrZ-5sOA

Tony

未読、
2017/05/05 14:19:172017/05/05
To:
Due to crew unrest, we've upgraded from Whataburger to Braums. As is my tradition they also get ice cream.

Tony

未読、
2017/05/06 7:39:352017/05/06

Robert Buck

未読、
2017/05/06 12:15:042017/05/06
To:
Tony...congratulations to you and all! Inspiration for those of the sport
who have just darn good sailplanes of previous generation.
You know, the first time I went to a Whataburger was in the '60's in
Odessa, during the later heydays of long-range Texas soaring. Maybe
sticking with Whataburger is a good omen...RB

Tony

未読、
2017/05/31 22:57:302017/05/31
To:
Full story with pictures on my SSA member blog.

http://www.ssa.org/MyHome.asp?mbr=8292935490

kevi...@gmail.com

未読、
2017/06/01 7:17:532017/06/01
To:
Tony,

Congratulations!!!

Kevin
92

WaltWX

未読、
2017/09/08 17:35:282017/09/08
To:
Tony,

I finally got around to creating GOES 1km animation of your track on the downwind May 4, 2017 flight... and here it is in two parts.. a northern half:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lehkxvetfz167en/GOES_Vis1km_TonyCondon_20170504_KSOK.mp4?dl=0

and a southern half:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/muh50zsjuo12tw4/GOES_Vis1km_TonyCondon_20170504_TX.mp4?dl=0

John Bird's Satellite look looks great for this latest flight, Sep 2017. I'm using Unidata's IDV program, GPSBabel to convert igc file to something compatible. I hope to created a track that will move with the satellite time. It just requires more study and work.

Walt Rogers WX
新着メール 0 件