Soaring in Southern France

TIFRED

Jun 27, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/27/95
I'll be heading to Istres in a few weeks and wondered if anyone had ideas,
opinions on places to soar in the southy of France.

TIF...@aol.com

Martin Hoehle

Jun 29, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/29/95
TIFRED (tif...@aol.com) wrote:
: I'll be heading to Istres in a few weeks and wondered if anyone had ideas,

: opinions on places to soar in the southy of France.

I think you should try VINON that is about 100km of highway from Istres
('should take you some 1 1/2h max. to get there). The other 'classic'
gliderports in the french alps are a bit farther, there have been some
postings on this newsgroup in the past about the subject. (I understand that
you want to fly in the alps, if not there are some other locations somewhat
nearer to Istres)

Regards, Martin

/ /
/ Martin Hoehle (IRC: Flyby) University of Karlsruhe, Germany /
/ eMail: ub...@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de "Powered planes are for KIDS !" /
/______________________________________________________________________ /

Peter Sodermans

Jun 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/30/95
to tif...@aol.com
Please go to the aerport of FAYENCE, there you'll find probably the best
soaring conditions.

Grretings, Peter

Peter Sodermans

Jun 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/30/95
tif...@aol.com (TIFRED) wrote:
>I'll be heading to Istres in a few weeks and wondered if anyone had ideas,
>opinions on places to soar in the southy of France.
>
>TIF...@aol.com

I suggest you go to FAYANCE, near Cannes.... extremely good soaring
conditions. Please E-mail me if you're interested to find out more

Tony Morgan

Jul 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/11/95
TIFRED(tif...@aol.com) asked about soaring in the Alps.
If you have your own glider, GAP is probably the best.
Otherwise, try SISTERON, which I always found to be very helpful.

It's all great fun!

Tony Morgan