General Aviation Dead?

Quaalude

Oct 10, 2011, 1:39:34 PM10/10/11
"I look with sadness on the Cessna with bees nests in its air vents, or
the Mooney sitting on its rims with critters running in and out of it,
and the Cessna 150, faded and gutted like a fish. I ask myself, how did
it get to this? How could someone let their plane “die” this way?"

<http://seebarryfly.wordpress.com/2011/05/20/is-the-death-of-general-aviation-%E2%80%9Cplane%E2%80%9D-to-see/>

Tom

Oct 10, 2011, 1:51:49 PM10/10/11
On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 13:39:34 -0400, Quaalude wrote:

> "I look with sadness on the Cessna with bees nests in its air vents, or
> the Mooney sitting on its rims with critters running in and out of it,
> and the Cessna 150, faded and gutted like a fish. I ask myself, how did

> it get to this? How could someone let their plane ļæ½dieļæ½ this way?"
>
> <http://seebarryfly.wordpress.com/2011/05/20/is-the-death-of-general-aviation-%E2%80%9Cplane%E2%80%9D-to-see/>

GA on the decline? Absolutely. GA making adjustments to thwart that
decline. Hardly. The best/worst example is the Sport Pilot debacle and
the supposed emergence of "inexpensive" LSA. The LSA has gained some
ground with geezers who have flunked their medicals but driven a
resurgence of GA? Give me a break.

GA dead? NO. Dying? Like an octogenarian, it's only a matter of time.

Ace♠

Oct 11, 2011, 12:28:29 AM10/11/11
On Oct 10, 10:51 am, Tom <danto...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 13:39:34 -0400, Quaalude wrote:
> > "I look with sadness on the Cessna with bees nests in its air vents, or
> > the Mooney sitting on its rims with critters running in and out of it,
> > and the Cessna 150, faded and gutted like a fish. I ask myself, how did
> > it get to this? How could someone let their plane die this way?"
>
> > <http://seebarryfly.wordpress.com/2011/05/20/is-the-death-of-general-a...>

> GA on the decline? Absolutely. GA making adjustments to thwart that
> decline. Hardly. The best/worst example is the Sport Pilot debacle and
> the supposed emergence of "inexpensive" LSA. The LSA has gained some
> ground with geezers who have flunked their medicals but driven a
> resurgence of GA? Give me a break.
>
> GA dead? NO. Dying? Like an octogenarian, it's only a matter of time.

Golly, Tom, do you live in GA the same as MU? lol

A*

MU

Oct 11, 2011, 10:16:41 AM10/11/11

Golly Acey I haven't lived in Georgia since 2005. *LOL*

Please keep up like a good demon-troll should.
--
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php#

Tom

Oct 11, 2011, 11:36:49 AM10/11/11
Regardless of whether GA is in GA or in CA or FL or The Isle Of Wight,
it's dying.

The so-called inexpensive LSA new is typically over $100,000 with
extensive maintenance, fuel and other associated costs. Then with your
crappy Sport Pilot license, you can fly in circles, daylight and good
weather only and enjoy $300 hamburgers.

Since a medical is not required, there is no limitation on age or
capabilities, you can drop dead in the air when you would be denied a
drive's license.

But, hey, let's not limit air craziness to non racing aviation. Here we
have a geezer allowed to race over the heads of thousands and when he
kills a handful and maims a churchful, it's "metal fatigue". No, not the
metal in his head either.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/16/national/main20107634.shtml

Move the *children*, those who have not been chopped up by the flying
debris.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXjzMP-1Q-g

MU

Oct 11, 2011, 11:49:45 AM10/11/11

I haven't renewed my PPL this year and one reason is that the airport I
fly out of is a) under runway construction and b) filled with daffy old
pilots.

Try sharing a single TO/L runway with a bunch of glaucoma-laden morons.
lol. When you choice on TO abort is "which set of mangroves do I ditch
in", you're better off grounded.
--
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php#

Dudley Henriques

Oct 11, 2011, 11:59:54 AM10/11/11
On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:36:49 -0400, Tom wrote:

> Since a medical is not required, there is no limitation on age or
> capabilities, you can drop dead in the air when you would be denied a
> drive's license.
>
> But, hey, let's not limit air craziness to non racing aviation. Here we
> have a geezer allowed to race over the heads of thousands and when he
> kills a handful and maims a churchful, it's "metal fatigue". No, not the
> metal in his head either.
>
> http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/16/national/main20107634.shtml
>
> Move the *children*, those who have not been chopped up by the flying
> debris.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXjzMP-1Q-g

I have flown over 5000 types if you count prototypes and test beds, but
once again, let me get this straight, as following your mental chain on
this thing is a bit confusing if nothing else. At this point I'm simply
trying to find out if you're just nuts or just another of the rare RAM
simpleon assholes we pick up around here from time to time?

Between saving the day at Reno and pulling charred, stuck together
bodies off each other, then performing plastic surgery so each looks
like Grace Kelly and Cary Grant in their 30s, I have my hands full, Tom.

Is THIS what you're trying to sell everybody? I'm too old? Are you
Fukken NUTS? :-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Take a quick look at what I have written, where I tell you to go fuck
yourself, and then you and I would should go out together and have a
drink or 20. :-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot; CFI; Savior; Retired
dhenriquestrashatearthlinktrashdotnet (take out the trash)
:-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Tom

Oct 11, 2011, 12:03:28 PM10/11/11
On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:59:54 -0400, Dudley Henriques wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:36:49 -0400, Tom wrote:
>
>> Since a medical is not required, there is no limitation on age or
>> capabilities, you can drop dead in the air when you would be denied a
>> drive's license.
>>
>> But, hey, let's not limit air craziness to non racing aviation. Here we
>> have a geezer allowed to race over the heads of thousands and when he
>> kills a handful and maims a churchful, it's "metal fatigue". No, not the
>> metal in his head either.
>>
>> http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/16/national/main20107634.shtml
>>
>> Move the *children*, those who have not been chopped up by the flying
>> debris.
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXjzMP-1Q-g
>
> I have flown over 5000 types if you count prototypes and test beds, but
> once again, let me get this straight, as following your mental chain on
> this thing is a bit confusing if nothing else. At this point I'm simply
> trying to find out if you're just nuts or just another of the rare RAM
> simpleon assholes we pick up around here from time to time?
>
> Between saving the day at Reno and pulling charred, stuck together
> bodies off each other, then performing plastic surgery so each looks
> like Grace Kelly and Cary Grant in their 30s, I have my hands full, Tom.

I am so sorry to bother you Duds but who pulled your chain in the first
place?

> Is THIS what you're trying to sell everybody? I'm too old? Are you
> Fukken NUTS? :-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

No but you're a liar, no one your age has those kinds of facial
reconstruction skills, duds. <rolls eyes>

> Take a quick look at what I have written, where I tell you to go fuck
> yourself, and then you and I would should go out together and have a
> drink or 20. :-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

The bottle's yours.

> Dudley Henriques
> International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
> Commercial Pilot; CFI; Savior; Retired
> dhenriquestrashatearthlinktrashdotnet (take out the trash)
> :-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hm.

Keith Willshaw

Oct 11, 2011, 2:11:43 PM10/11/11
MU wrote:

> I haven't renewed my PPL this year and one reason is that the airport
> I fly out of is a) under runway construction and b) filled with daffy
> old pilots.
>
> Try sharing a single TO/L runway with a bunch of glaucoma-laden
> morons. lol. When you choice on TO abort is "which set of mangroves
> do I ditch in", you're better off grounded.

Reality Check

Active General Aviation Aircraft in the U.S. 1973-2011
Current as of March 2011
Source: FAA

Year No Active Aircraft
2011 224,475
2001 211,446
1991 196,874
1981 213,293
1973 153,311

Doesn't exactly look dead to me.

Keith

guy

Oct 11, 2011, 2:36:57 PM10/11/11
On Oct 11, 4:59 pm, Dudley Henriques <dudleyhenriq...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Ah, the voice of sanity! nice to hear from you again Dudley:-)

Guy

george152

Oct 11, 2011, 3:15:54 PM10/11/11
On 12/10/2011 7:36 a.m., guy wrote:

> Ah, the voice of sanity! nice to hear from you again Dudley:-)

We seem to have picked up a spamming scamming low life who has a thing
against Dudley...

MU

Oct 11, 2011, 4:20:16 PM10/11/11

Dying is not dead. Reality check, truth be known, general aviation is a
dying industry. Every year there are fewer active pilots, "active
airplanes" is a load.

At the airport where I learned to fly in the early '70s there used to be
three flight schools; two were busy enough and the third did some float
training. The tiedown area was covered in airplanes. Now there's one
flight school with a couple of Katanas, and both were tied down off in
a corner the other day when I was there. Maybe a quarter of the old
number of airplanes tied down outside, with a few more in hangars. No
kids at the fence. And this in a city that has seen the population
double in that time.

Transport Canada says that in some areas of the country flight training
is down 50% ( I was a partner Cessna dealer there).

The insurance companies have killed off the flight schools and rentals
in all but the most prosperous locations. The general liability
consciousness of our society has affected mentalities, and the fuel
crunch has done the rest.

I wish I could believe otherwise, but I think it is an unrecoverable
flat spin. . .
--
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php#

Tom

Oct 11, 2011, 4:29:55 PM10/11/11

Do you keep up with Huffman et al?

MU

Oct 11, 2011, 4:41:05 PM10/11/11
On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:29:55 -0400, Tom wrote:

> Do you keep up with Huffman et al?

Dekkers/Hilliard? I was @ Dekkers recent book signing to call out the
fraud until I was asked to "leave". LOL. Hilliard has been arrested more
than once for whipping up on teenagers, what a pair!

Huffman was bought by a Company Ponzi guy, they love Venice for obvious
reasons. Great facility, er, *was* I should say, the town has more
geezers in it than Marco Island and threex as dangerous.

Less mangroves though.
--
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php#

Tom

Oct 11, 2011, 4:46:24 PM10/11/11
On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:41:05 -0400, MU wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:29:55 -0400, Tom wrote:
>
>> Do you keep up with Huffman et al?
>
> Dekkers/Hilliard? I was @ Dekkers recent book signing to call out the
> fraud until I was asked to "leave". LOL. Hilliard has been arrested more
> than once for whipping up on teenagers, what a pair!
>
> Huffman was bought by a Company Ponzi guy, they love Venice for obvious
> reasons. Great facility, er, *was* I should say, the town has more
> geezers in it than Marco Island and threex as dangerous.

I was only there once in late 1999/2000 when they had a string of jets
lining the tarmac.

> Less mangroves though.

This is good. :)

MU

Oct 11, 2011, 4:59:02 PM10/11/11

No flights, few pilots, several on payroll. Imagine that. lol

<http://flightaware.com/resources/airport/KMKY/map/satellite>

--
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php#

Dudley Henriques

Oct 11, 2011, 5:07:01 PM10/11/11

Hi Guy!

Yes, There probably isn't a high performance pilot in the country who
hasn't had serious thoughts about Reno. Although our safety work group
has discussed the accident in detail among ourselves back channel,

<secret commo>

our general consensus in house is to not speculate publicly while the
NTSB investigation is in progress. Lord knows there are enough people
already doing that. It doesn't look good though. Methinks Jim fucked the
goose big time. :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Our position is simply to work quietly back channel

<secret commo>

with suggestions that might help. Anything we come up with that might be
of value is then passed through ICAS, ACES, and Race Pilots Association
channels.

<super secret commo>

It's been a difficult time for our friends in the race community and
there has been considerable public relations collateral damage as well
to the air show community. All my work (surgical, carrying off the dead,
picking up parts of children for mind control projects, etc etc etc)

<secret commo>

Right now everybody is working very hard to collaborate and cooperate
with the NTSB and the FAA to come up with a whizbang load of bullshit.

I'm sure EAA is doing their part as well to help the affected
communities recover from RENO and move on in a positive way with the
safety of performers and fans alike foremost on the collective agenda.
IOW, we will spin the shit out of this in order to keeep the fucking FAA
from grounding idiots who fly there.

Much less the imbecile fans who attend. Think meat grinder. :)))))))))))

Best to you as always,
Love and kisses :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Dudley

Keith Willshaw

Oct 11, 2011, 5:09:10 PM10/11/11
MU wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 19:11:43 +0100, Keith Willshaw wrote:
>
>> MU wrote:
>>>
>>> I haven't renewed my PPL this year and one reason is that the
>>> airport I fly out of is a) under runway construction and b) filled
>>> with daffy old pilots.
>>>
>>> Try sharing a single TO/L runway with a bunch of glaucoma-laden
>>> morons. lol. When you choice on TO abort is "which set of mangroves
>>> do I ditch in", you're better off grounded.
>>
>> Reality Check
>>
>> Active General Aviation Aircraft in the U.S. 1973-2011
>> Current as of March 2011
>> Source: FAA
>>
>> Year No Active Aircraft
>> 2011 224,475
>> 2001 211,446
>> 1991 196,874
>> 1981 213,293
>> 1973 153,311
>>
>> Doesn't exactly look dead to me.
>>
>> Keith
>
> Dying is not dead. Reality check, truth be known, general aviation is
> a dying industry. Every year there are fewer active pilots, "active
> airplanes" is a load.

It reflects those actually flying

Keith

Tom

Oct 11, 2011, 5:14:09 PM10/11/11
On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:59:02 -0400, MU wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:46:24 -0400, Tom wrote:

>>> Dekkers/Hilliard? I was @ Dekkers recent book signing to call out the
>>> fraud until I was asked to "leave". LOL. Hilliard has been arrested more
>>> than once for whipping up on teenagers, what a pair!
>>>
>>> Huffman was bought by a Company Ponzi guy, they love Venice for obvious
>>> reasons. Great facility, er, *was* I should say, the town has more
>>> geezers in it than Marco Island and threex as dangerous.
>>
>> I was only there once in late 1999/2000 when they had a string of jets
>> lining the tarmac.
>
> No flights, few pilots, several on payroll. Imagine that. lol

I thought that was where Atta et al became super-duper Boeing pilots
<dripping sarcasm>

>>> Less mangroves though.
>>
>> This is good. :)
>
> <http://flightaware.com/resources/airport/KMKY/map/satellite>

Never short, never long; no control tower, what fun. <dripping sarcasm>

Tom

Oct 11, 2011, 5:15:12 PM10/11/11

Thanks for the update, Jesus Henriques, Lord Savior Compleat.

MU

Oct 11, 2011, 5:30:34 PM10/11/11
On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 17:14:09 -0400, Tom wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:59:02 -0400, MU wrote:

>>> I was only there once in late 1999/2000 when they had a string of jets
>>> lining the tarmac.
>>
>> No flights, few pilots, several on payroll. Imagine that. lol
>
> I thought that was where Atta et al became super-duper Boeing pilots
> <dripping sarcasm>

Even Dekkers doesn't believe any of that nonsense and he knew Atta
better than anyone. Anyone except Company guys, the Saudis and Macdill.

Dekkers is fluent in German as *is* Atta. In private conversation, when
I knew him after 2001, he would swear up and down that there was
absolutely no way for the hijackers to have accomplished the TT hit.
None. Zero. Nada.

>>> This is good. :)
>>
>> <http://flightaware.com/resources/airport/KMKY/map/satellite>
>
> Never short, never long; no control tower, what fun. <dripping sarcasm>

KMKY is laying a second strip. Won't matter, it's a waste of money. the
geezers will taxi out on the wrong ones and land on the outbounds.
*sigh*
--
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php#

MU

Oct 11, 2011, 5:31:47 PM10/11/11

There you go. Start a flight school. Train all those incoming students,
you'll make a fortune. lol
--
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php#

Nooffa Subject

Oct 11, 2011, 5:53:02 PM10/11/11
I didn't even know he was sick.
What wars did he serve in?

Dudley Henriques

Oct 11, 2011, 6:04:30 PM10/11/11
I see you and I have some basic differences of opinion on what
constitutes basic accuracy and fidelity. Nothing to be overly concerned
about. As I've said previously I don't speak for God just Jesus.

I just
offer my excellent, uncontestablem always-the-fuck-right opinion. Your
opinion is respected and I won't press the point further.

You oversaturated cum jizzling fucktarded assclown.

Best to you.
Regards,
Love you always ;)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Dudley Henriques
President Emeritus; Lord And Savior
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship - Collector Of Dues
MVP 2006-2007 Microsoft Flight Simulator Graduate
Cancer Survivor, Let's Have A Smoke!

Tom

Oct 11, 2011, 6:17:18 PM10/11/11
Thanks Duds, you exude clASS.

Dan

Oct 11, 2011, 7:45:20 PM10/11/11
On 10/11/2011 4:53 PM, Nooffa Subject wrote:
> I didn't even know he was sick.
> What wars did he serve in?

He enlisted as Private Aviation in 1923 and was promoted to General
Aviation after WW2. He never left the states.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

tutall

Oct 12, 2011, 9:36:21 AM10/12/11
He was also at one time a Major of the Pilots Inebriated Through
Alcohol. Better known simply as Major P.I.T.A..

Dan

Oct 12, 2011, 4:48:05 PM10/12/11
Did you know the major flew his first airplane when he was a minor?

guy

Oct 13, 2011, 3:41:31 AM10/13/11

Coal or iron ore?

Guy

Dan

Oct 13, 2011, 4:23:03 AM10/13/11

Salt.

guy

Oct 13, 2011, 4:58:57 AM10/13/11
> Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired- Hide quoted text -

Different subject Dan, at what time did you post this (your time)? I
use google and for some reason it is showing your post as 1:23 am
replying to my 2:41 am post!

This post is being sent at 9:58 am BST

Guy

Jim Wilkins

Oct 13, 2011, 7:14:26 AM10/13/11

"guy" <guyswe...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

On Oct 12, 1:48 pm, Dan <B243...@aol.com> wrote:
> ...>

> Did you know the major flew his first airplane when he was a minor?
> Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Coal or iron ore?
Guy

Brass

Dan

Oct 13, 2011, 10:17:49 AM10/13/11

In spherical form.

Dan

Oct 13, 2011, 10:30:42 AM10/13/11

I am at Z-5, there's no explaining how Google does things. I suppose
the times given are when the post is found by Google.

tutall

Oct 13, 2011, 10:48:00 AM10/13/11
On Oct 13, 7:17 am, Dan <B243...@aol.com> wrote:
> On 10/13/2011 6:14 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
>
> > "guy"<guyswetten...@googlemail.com>  wrote in message

> > On Oct 12, 1:48 pm, Dan<B243...@aol.com>  wrote:
> >> ...>
> >> Did you know the major flew his first airplane when he was a minor?
> >> Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
>
> > Coal or iron ore?
> > Guy
>
> > Brass
>
>    In spherical form.
>
> Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Large ones that clang?

Dan

Oct 13, 2011, 10:55:24 AM10/13/11

And have to be carried in a wheel barrow.

VOR-DME

Oct 13, 2011, 12:39:37 PM10/13/11

Dan don't feed the trolls. They need attention. It's Usenet!!!

Jim Wilkins

Oct 13, 2011, 12:40:32 PM10/13/11

Brass. I have brass balls.

tutall

Oct 13, 2011, 12:48:36 PM10/13/11

Bet they are mostly found in Nantucket.

Dudley Henriques

Oct 13, 2011, 12:58:43 PM10/13/11

I would respond to you but its nitey nite time and I quit Usenet
:)))))))
Many thanks
Check my computers IP address
Thanks.
Dudley
Many thanks
Thanks.

Dan

Oct 13, 2011, 1:04:00 PM10/13/11

And have to be carried in a wheel barrow. I got it.

Dan

Oct 13, 2011, 1:04:33 PM10/13/11

In a bucket.

VOR-DME

Oct 13, 2011, 1:37:35 PM10/13/11

Fuckit. Don't feed the troll. I'll keep him full of shit!

Dan

Oct 13, 2011, 1:46:47 PM10/13/11

Check the return e-mail, someone is playing.

Matt Wiser

Oct 13, 2011, 2:38:44 PM10/13/11

Thanks for the heads up. It's Clueless Cobb playing with your meat.

Dan

Oct 13, 2011, 2:43:11 PM10/13/11

OK, buddy, where do you get off using facts to prove your point?

george152

Oct 13, 2011, 3:09:47 PM10/13/11

Have three and you can own a pawn shop :)

Tom

Oct 13, 2011, 3:45:28 PM10/13/11

I see.

> Many thanks
> Check my computers IP address
> Thanks.
> Dudley
> Many thanks
> Thanks.

Welcome <face palm plant>

Ace♠

Oct 14, 2011, 2:14:24 AM10/14/11
On Oct 13, 12:45 pm, Tom <danto...@comcast.net> wrote:

> > I would respond to you but its nitey nite time and I quit Usenet
> > :)))))))
>
> I see.
>
> > Many thanks
> > Check my computers IP address
> > Thanks.
> > Dudley
> > Many thanks
> > Thanks.
>
> Welcome <face palm plant>

Try not to become too exacerbated, Courtney.

A*

Mxsmanic

Oct 16, 2011, 7:56:38 AM10/16/11
General Aviation is in decline mostly because of cost. A large part of the
former middle class is gone in the United States. Anyone wishing to fly must
either have a great deal of money (e.g., the top 1%) or must be willing to
make gigantic sacrifices to raise the money for flying. Most people don't want
to fly enough to make gigantic sacrifices, and most people don't make much
money, so GA is in decline.

If a prosperous middle class were to reappear, this trend would probably
reverse.

Another problem is the massive regulation of aviation, which raises the price
and creates many other barriers, surmountable and sometimes insurmountable, to
flying. But this is mostly a constant rather than a variable, so it does not
push GA into decline so much as it holds it at an artificially low level.

Some aspects of GA are doing much better than others. The top 1% is still very
interested in flying around on private jets, for example.

Mr. V

Oct 16, 2011, 11:14:17 AM10/16/11
And let's not forget how the costs of defending against and paying
large judgments for liability insurance have so increased costs that
manufacturers of affordable planes have been either forced out of
business or are no longer able to produce an affordable, entry level
aircraft for GA.

Goodbye, Piper Cub.

Peter Skelton

Oct 16, 2011, 12:09:51 PM10/16/11
Nice rant. Here's a bit of reality for you:

Private aircraft are only part of general aviation which, to
over-simplify like wikki, is everything unscheduled. To manufacturers of
aircraft, GA is larger because aircraft used for both scheduled and
unscheduled (like the King air or Otter) get lumped in.

the Cessena 150 cost $7K stripped in 1958, when it came out, comparable
aircraft today are around 140K. Both are roughly half the price of a
single detached house.

The piper cub went out of production in 1947.

--
Peter

Steve Hix

Oct 16, 2011, 2:05:29 PM10/16/11
In article <llDmq.1571$xY3....@newsfe04.iad>,
And it's back in production thanks to a couple different companies, such as
Cubcrafters, running about the price you mentioned above. In the case of
Cubcrafters, several versions, from basic Light Sport to pretty sporty Super Cub
types.

Ace♠

Oct 16, 2011, 3:16:34 PM10/16/11
Mxsmanic=Tom=Mu=Chung=Courtney Brown

I win.

Again.

A*

Ace♠

Oct 16, 2011, 3:18:21 PM10/16/11
I know all this. Mr. V is my sockpuppet so STFU.

I win.

Again.

A*

Peter Skelton

Oct 16, 2011, 5:55:37 PM10/16/11
The Cubcrafters stuff is Super Cub derivative and much updated, a fine
plane but with no commonality with the original cub.

--
Peter

Dan

Oct 16, 2011, 9:23:52 PM10/16/11
Cub clones are also popular with home builders.

Steve Hix

Oct 17, 2011, 1:41:26 AM10/17/11
> On 10/16/2011 4:55 PM, Peter Skelton wrote:
> >
> > The Cubcrafters stuff is Super Cub derivative and much updated, a fine
> > plane but with no commonality with the original cub.

An homage, then, at the least.

Peter Skelton

Oct 17, 2011, 7:04:17 AM10/17/11
Are you aware of any that aren't super cub based?

--
Peter

Peter Skelton

Oct 17, 2011, 7:04:50 AM10/17/11
Deserved too.

--
Peter

Dan

Oct 17, 2011, 10:30:47 AM10/17/11
I stopped paying attention a long time ago, but I do remember a
company that produced the super and the original. I don't recall if they
provided full kits or just the fuselage frames.

Ace♠

Oct 17, 2011, 11:50:42 AM10/17/11
On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 09:30:47 -0500, Dan wrote:

> I stopped

Get the fuck out of alt.vacation.las-vegas asshole.

A*

BillWhiteInsurance

Nov 11, 2011, 5:13:33 PM11/11/11

I think its a combination of 2 things: The rising cost of fuel, and the
recession.
I think its more expensive to fly your own personal plane than it is to
fly commercial, solely based on fuel. I also think less and less people
have the money required to for upkeep and annual maintenance. Its a sad
time for private pilots :(
Bill
* C h e c k o u t o u r ' N E W S I T E ! ! ' ( h t t p : / /
w w w . b w h i t e i n s u r a n c e . c o m ) *
MU;787058 Wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:29:55 -0400, Tom wrote:
> -
> Do you keep up with Huffman et al?-
>
> Dekkers/Hilliard? I was @ Dekkers recent book signing to call out the
> fraud until I was asked to "leave". LOL. Hilliard has been arrested
> more
> than once for whipping up on teenagers, what a pair!
>
> Huffman was bought by a Company Ponzi guy, they love Venice for obvious
> reasons. Great facility, er, *was* I should say, the town has more
> geezers in it than Marco Island and threex as dangerous.
>
> Less mangroves though.
> --
> http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php#

--
BillWhiteInsurance

Mxsmanic

Nov 12, 2011, 6:40:33 AM11/12/11
BillWhiteInsurance writes:

> I think its a combination of 2 things: The rising cost of fuel, and the
> recession.
> I think its more expensive to fly your own personal plane than it is to
> fly commercial, solely based on fuel. I also think less and less people
> have the money required to for upkeep and annual maintenance. Its a sad
> time for private pilots :(

For healthy private aviation, you need a substantial middle class, and the
middle class has mostly disappeared now. Apart from a minority of very wealthy
people, the vast majority of the population is now just squeaking by, with no
discretionary income.

Bug Dout

Nov 12, 2011, 12:15:48 PM11/12/11
BillWhiteInsurance <BillWhiteInsu...@aviationbanter.com>
writes:

> I think its more expensive to fly your own personal plane than it is to
> fly commercial, solely based on fuel.

This has been true since the 1980s: Arab oil embargoes increased fuel
costs, and airline deregulation decreased airline travel costs.

> I also think less and less people
> have the money required to for upkeep and annual maintenance.

True; less and less people have the money to be middle-class, period. Or
maybe you haven't heard of Occupy Wall Street, etc?

The decline is a lot more than money. When I was growing up (1960s),
flight and space exploration were the exciting things in the news. Now,
it's some drug-addled Hollywood or rap celebrity. Kids now are brought
up shuttled from one team or supervised activity to another, never
developing their own independence, and piloting is a solitary activity.

The one area of GA that is thriving is Experimental aircraft. Several
active forums online, lots of new products at reasonable prices (because
little is TSO'd), fine-performing aircraft at affordable prices.

--
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone
deeply gives you courage.

AlaskanAviation

Dec 11, 2011, 12:22:36 AM12/11/11

BillWhiteInsurance;789209 Wrote:
> I love this!! I am going to start trailing an iPad for my own personal
> use in my Cessna 185!!
> * C h e c k o u t o u r ' N E W S I T E ! ! ' ( h t t p : / /
> w w w . b w h i t e i n s u r a n c e . c o m ) *

Why does it only work for 172s? Are those fixed Arms? What if the planes
been moded? Why not just leave everything open to entry and make it a
weight and balance app for all planes?

--
AlaskanAviation

tola...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2013, 4:58:50 PM10/28/13
On Monday, October 10, 2011 10:39:34 AM UTC-7, Quaalude wrote:
> "I look with sadness on the Cessna with bees nests in its air vents, or
>
> the Mooney sitting on its rims with critters running in and out of it,
>
> and the Cessna 150, faded and gutted like a fish. I ask myself, how did
>
> it get to this? How could someone let their plane “die” this way?"
>

> <http://seebarryfly.wordpress.com/2011/05/20/is-the-death-of-general-aviation-%E2%80%9Cplane%E2%80%9D-to-see/>

Unfortunately our capitalist system with out sufficient checks and balances,greedy pilots and general greed is slowly destroying our Republic.We earnestly pray that a dictator will not come to our aid as Hitler helped Germany. General Aviation:[ HELP ONE ANOTHER ] Think of good neighbor ,not of the greedy dollar, Victor.

tola...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2013, 5:03:21 PM10/28/13

Marten Kemp

Oct 28, 2013, 6:20:36 PM10/28/13
any event (adverse, unfortunate, inconvenient or just for the
hell of it) + lawyers = lawsuits = increased insurance costs +
regulations, restrictions & paperwork
government = regulation & paperwork = expense for the owner,
operator and manufacturer
EPA = lawsuits, fines and cleanup = expense
"War on terror" = regulation, paperwork and restrictions
land prices for development increase = closed airports
private airports disappearing from charts = fewer places to go

pretty soon it's not quite worth it to go flying and the
value of the airplane has dropped so far that it's not
quite worth trying to sell it

--
-- Marten Kemp (Fix ISP to reply)

jgro...@hotmail.com

Oct 28, 2013, 7:21:42 PM10/28/13
On Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:36:49 AM UTC-5, Tom wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:16:41 -0400, MU wrote:

> >> Golly, Tom, do you live in GA the same as MU? lol
>

> >> A*
>

> > Golly Acey I haven't lived in Georgia since 2005. *LOL*
>

> > Please keep up like a good demon-troll should.
>

> Regardless of whether GA is in GA or in CA or FL or The Isle Of Wight,
>
> it's dying.
>

> The so-called inexpensive LSA new is typically over $100,000 with
>
> extensive maintenance, fuel and other associated costs. Then with your
>
> crappy Sport Pilot license, you can fly in circles, daylight and good
>
> weather only and enjoy $300 hamburgers.

Sports cheerleaders also need the eyeballs to fly the "imports" from down Mexico and points south to "customers" in El Norte.

Orval Fairbairn

Oct 28, 2013, 8:38:55 PM10/28/13
In article <b8d60f0c-9700-4b26...@googlegroups.com>,
Then "jgrove" ought to be a big supporter of GA.

jgro...@hotmail.com

Oct 29, 2013, 8:43:22 PM10/29/13
I prefer the kosher wines with dinner. Burning and ihhaling any kinds of leaves is just asking for the big "C".

Orval Fairbairn

Oct 29, 2013, 9:50:17 PM10/29/13
In article <9dd2d5df-e14d-4560...@googlegroups.com>,
Your brain is already rotted -- being a complete jerk by trying to close
airports. What happened to you?

Fail a checkride?
Were you so incompetent that you couldn't fly a plane safely?

jgro...@hotmail.com

Oct 31, 2013, 8:18:58 PM10/31/13
On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 8:50:17 PM UTC-5, Orval Fairbairn wrote:

> > > Then "jgrove" ought to be a big supporter of GA.
>

> > I prefer the kosher wines with dinner. Burning and ihhaling any kinds of
>
> > leaves is just asking for the big "C".
>

> Your brain is already rotted -- being a complete jerk by trying to close
>
> airports. What happened to you?

The city of Santa Monica must have the same condition as me, they filed a Lawsuit to force the FAA to allow local control of SMO, for a park or anything more useful than a private club for 200 flyboys.

> Were you so incompetent that you couldn't fly a plane safely?

I prefer the pilots of AA chaueffering me around the country, thanks.

Orval Fairbairn

Oct 31, 2013, 8:54:11 PM10/31/13
In article <b680d7d1-b085-4793...@googlegroups.com>,
jgro...@hotmail.com wrote:

> > > I prefer the kosher wines with dinner. Burning and ihhaling any kinds of
> >
> > > leaves is just asking for the big "C".
> >

> > Your brain is already rotted -- being a complete jerk by trying to close
> >
> > airports. What happened to you?
>
> The city of Santa Monica must have the same condition as me, they filed a
> Lawsuit to force the FAA to allow local control of SMO, for a park or
> anything more useful than a private club for 200 flyboys.

Slight problem there -- it seems that at least part of the airport was
granted "in perpetuity" -- what part of that clause don't you understand?

SMO is a center for transportation for many of the prouducers in the
area, rather than for the looters, moochers and drones who wish to close
it.

> > Were you so incompetent that you couldn't fly a plane safely?

I take the answer is "yes."

> I prefer the pilots of AA chaueffering me around the country, thanks.

The only problem with that is that AA doesn't necessarily take you where
you want to go; SMO can, and does so. You can go to anywhere in the
world from SMO or any other GA airport -- and -- you don't have to
depend on somebody else's schedule or routes.

Orval Fairbairn

Nov 1, 2013, 2:41:04 PM11/1/13
In article
<orfairbairn-2E0F...@70-3-168-216.pools.spcsdns.net>,
For more information, see;
http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/All-News/2013/October/31/aopa-calls-la
wsuit-to-close-santa-monica-airport-meritless.aspx?WT.mc_sect=tts&WT.mc_i
d=131101epilot

george152

Nov 1, 2013, 3:39:28 PM11/1/13
On 02/11/13 07:41, Orval Fairbairn wrote:
> http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/All-News/2013/October/31/aopa-calls-la
> wsuit-to-close-santa-monica-airport-meritless.aspx?WT.mc_sect=tts&WT.mc_i
> d=131101epilot
Only got a 404.
But the graphics are great

sambodidley

Nov 1, 2013, 5:12:21 PM11/1/13

"george152" <gbl...@hnpl.net> wrote :

<http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/All-News/2013/October/31/aopa-calls-lawsuit-to-close-santa-monica-airport-meritless.aspx?WT.mc_sect=tts&WT.mc_id=131101epilot>

> Only got a 404.
> But the graphics are great

Here you go. Fixed it! Link works now. You're welcome. <g>

george152

Nov 1, 2013, 5:17:25 PM11/1/13
Thankee sir

jgro...@hotmail.com

Nov 3, 2013, 2:18:10 PM11/3/13
On Friday, November 1, 2013 4:12:21 PM UTC-5, sambodidley wrote:

> Here you go. Fixed it! Link works now. You're welcome. <g>

My favorite commenter:

"Everyone here is going to hate me, but.....I think redeveloping SM airport into a modern mixed use neighborhood would be amazing. It would certainly benefit a lot more people than the airport does. You want to talk about jobs? How about the construction that will take place. Then the highly paid knowledge workers will come in and make the area even better. These people won't commute. They'll live in the mixed use housing. The taxes from property and sales in the area will be huge. Its a no brainer.

Yes it sucks that we lose an airport, but the reality is the piston aircraft hobby is a dying one. As far as the 1%ers and their jets/turboprops, I couldn't care less if they have to sit in the back of a limo from Van Nuys to Brentwood.

As a Bonanza pilot in Los Angeles, I'd use the redeveloped airport more than I use the airport right now."..........

Many posters discount noise complainants as living outside of Santa Monica, of course they live in the adjoining city of Los Angeles, which gets all the inbound noise. Face it, the lease expires in 2015 and a Leisure World complex works for me!

In closing, you still have LAX 6 miles away, with plenty of acreage for hangers along the perimeter, and LAX is buying up more land to the NE of the field.

jgro...@hotmail.com

Nov 3, 2013, 2:54:53 PM11/3/13
On Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:54:11 PM UTC-5, Orval Fairbairn wrote:

> SMO is a center for transportation for many of the prouducers in the
>
> area, rather than for the looters, moochers and drones who wish to close
>
> it.

Producers of what, dorky movies and TV ?? These VIP can trek the extra long SIX miles to LAX.

> > > Were you so incompetent that you couldn't fly a plane safely?
>

> I take the answer is "yes."
>

> > I prefer the pilots of AA chaueffering me around the country, thanks.

I live in the Chicago area and on average fly twice per year, its not economical or conservative for me to take flying lessons. My taxes paid for the flight training for many AA pilots in the USAF, so that works for me. AA has bathrooms and had kitchens, which I like. All the interesting destinations are served by AA, many with nonstop service from ORD. AA has upgraded me to First Class twice and has never stranded me overnight. These days I fly even less because I find Chicago more useful as a vacationing spot. More people come here every year from all over the world.

Orval Fairbairn

Nov 3, 2013, 4:58:15 PM11/3/13
In article <5616cb11-00c0-46cc...@googlegroups.com>,
If al, the interesting (to you) places are served by AA, then I suggest
that you have a very limited mind and a low threshold of interest.

If you live in Chicago (well-known for its corruption), what in hell are
you doing advocating what you think (I use the term loosely) is good for
Santa Monica?

Why do you hate pilots and airplanes?

Bug Dout

Nov 4, 2013, 5:59:49 PM11/4/13
Good arguments. But I always use this:

The highest economic use of a piece of land is not always the most
desirable use.

Consider city parks. They produce no tax revenue, on the contrary, they
require upkeep so consume taxes. What?? Then let's remove them! Replace
them with condos, homes, businesses, and maybe a gasoline station or
two.

The problem is few would want to live in a city like that. Likewise, it
might be that a local GA airport is not the highest economic use of the
land...so what?

BD

Orval Fairbairn <orfai...@earthlink.net> writes:

> Slight problem there -- it seems that at least part of the airport was
> granted "in perpetuity" -- what part of that clause don't you understand?

> SMO is a center for transportation for many of the prouducers in the
> area, rather than for the looters, moochers and drones who wish to close
> it.

> The only problem with that is that AA doesn't necessarily take you where
> you want to go; SMO can, and does so. You can go to anywhere in the
> world from SMO or any other GA airport -- and -- you don't have to
> depend on somebody else's schedule or routes.

--
Weak eyes are fondest of glittering objects.
--Thomas Carlyle

jgro...@hotmail.com

Nov 6, 2013, 8:24:11 PM11/6/13
On Monday, November 4, 2013 4:59:49 PM UTC-6, Bug Dout wrote:
> Good arguments. But I always use this:
>

> The highest economic use of a piece of land is not always the most
>
> desirable use.
>

> Consider city parks. They produce no tax revenue, on the contrary, they
>
> require upkeep so consume taxes. What?? Then let's remove them! Replace
>
> them with condos, homes, businesses, and maybe a gasoline station or
>
> two.

Park trees produce OXYGEN, why does Orval hate oxygen atoms ?

Orval Fairbairn

Nov 6, 2013, 9:01:42 PM11/6/13
In article <675a2878-1b64-44b4...@googlegroups.com>,
No -- I just hate idiots!

dudleyh...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2019, 9:05:24 PM10/20/19
On Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 5:15:12 PM UTC-4, Tom wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 17:07:01 -0400, Dudley Henriques wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:36:57 -0700 (PDT), guy wrote:

> >> Ah, the voice of sanity! nice to hear from you again Dudley:-)
> >>
> >> Guy
> >
> > Hi Guy!
> >
> > Yes, There probably isn't a high performance pilot in the country who
> > hasn't had serious thoughts about Reno. Although our safety work group
> > has discussed the accident in detail among ourselves back channel,
> >
> > <secret commo>
> >
> > our general consensus in house is to not speculate publicly while the
> > NTSB investigation is in progress. Lord knows there are enough people
> > already doing that. It doesn't look good though. Methinks Jim fucked the
> > goose big time. :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
> >
> > Our position is simply to work quietly back channel
> >
> > <secret commo>
> >
> > with suggestions that might help. Anything we come up with that might be
> > of value is then passed through ICAS, ACES, and Race Pilots Association
> > channels.
> >
> > <super secret commo>
> >
> > It's been a difficult time for our friends in the race community and
> > there has been considerable public relations collateral damage as well
> > to the air show community. All my work (surgical, carrying off the dead,
> > picking up parts of children for mind control projects, etc etc etc)
> >
> > <secret commo>
> >
> > Right now everybody is working very hard to collaborate and cooperate
> > with the NTSB and the FAA to come up with a whizbang load of bullshit.
> >
> > I'm sure EAA is doing their part as well to help the affected
> > communities recover from RENO and move on in a positive way with the
> > safety of performers and fans alike foremost on the collective agenda.
> > IOW, we will spin the shit out of this in order to keeep the fucking FAA
> > from grounding idiots who fly there.
> >
> > Much less the imbecile fans who attend. Think meat grinder. :)))))))))))
> >
> > Best to you as always,
> > Dudley
>
> Thanks for the update, Jesus Henriques, Lord Savior Compleat.

In case there might be one person on planet earth who might not know I didn't write what shows as being from me above,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I didn't ,
Dudley Henriques Oct 20, 2019