Ford E150 fuel pump shut off reset switch

Pierre Uszynski

Oct 24, 1994, 6:26:22 PM10/24/94
Can anybody tell me where is the fuel pump automatic shut-off reset
switch on this thing? And what is the reset procedure?

Additionally, do you have any experience with this pump shutting off?
What was the reason?

The fuel pump is supposed to shut off automatically in certain
conditions. There is a prominent warning to this effect in the engine
compartment. However my Haynes manual doesn't say anything about
that, and I do not have the owner's manual. And of course, all the
warning says is that the pump can shut off :-(

It's a Ford E150 XL van. Manufactured 8/85. 5.0L, 8 cyl., EECIV EFI.
Dual tanks. Presumably model year 1986. VIN 1FTDE14N6GHA24944. The
engine, although big, and in a big compartment, is a study in
inaccessibility :-)

Thanks,
Pierre.
pie...@shell.portal.com

-Bodnar,B.L.

Oct 25, 1994, 9:31:54 AM10/25/94
In article <38hcae$k...@news1.shell>,

I assume you're referring to the inertia switch. The purpose of this switch
is to shut off current to the fuel pump in the event of a collision. Its
location, and the procedure for resetting it, are located in the owner's
manual (which you can purchase from Ford). I'd look for it someplace in the
rear of the van (inside, not outside).

Regards,

Bohdan Bodnar

Lee Johnson

Oct 28, 1994, 1:04:05 PM10/28/94
In article <mlang-241...@mlang.jpl.nasa.gov>, ml...@inst-sun1.jpl.nasa.gov (M Lang) writes:
|> In article <38hcae$k...@news1.shell>, pie...@shell.portal.com (Pierre

|> Uszynski) wrote:
|>
|> > Can anybody tell me where is the fuel pump automatic shut-off reset
|> > switch on this thing? And what is the reset procedure?

In my '94 E150, the switch is on the passenger side, about calf height,
6" forward of the front passenger door. An opening in the trim allows
access to a red switch.

--
Lee Johnson (le...@austin.ibm.com)

for...@interact.uucp

Oct 31, 1994, 6:36:21 AM10/31/94

im my 86 bronco its located under the dash near the glove box....its a black
box with a white button