American cars SUCK!

Indian Outlaw

Aug 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/20/95
On Sun, 20 Aug 1995, Javier, aka a royal piece of crap wrote:
> Speaking of American idiocy, why is it that almost all of your cars
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> have something to do with Americans who don't know how to think, and
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> It's a shame that such a bunch of idiots consider themselves
> superior just because they spend all the money that should be used for
> education and health care on the military.

Sounds like you have as big a problem with AMERICANS as you do
the cars they produce. Javier, keep your whining ass in Finland and buy
all the non-US cars you can find.
Talk all you want about our cars, but don't mess with the people
of the greatest country in the world, The United States.

BV

Javier

Aug 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/20/95
American cars are the biggest pieces of crap I've ever had the
misfortune to drive. Why is it that yanks seem to have problems building a
car that'll go a reasonable amount of time without something breaking? Are
American roads so bad that the suspension has to be so soft that you feel
like you're on a boat? You could run over a human body and not notice. After
hard braking, the car shakes violently for a few seconds like an amusement
park ride. Are Americans so weak that the power steering has to make the
wheel easier to turn than the radio volume control? You could use one finger
to turn the wheels all the way in either direction, even with the car
stopped.
American roads DO have corners although from driving one of their
cars you wouldn't think so. The car feels like it will roll over if you try
to corner over about 30 km/h (that's 20 mph for you uncivilized yanks that
remain the only country to cling to an outdated system of measurement that
has no reason to it).

Speaking of American idiocy, why is it that almost all of your cars
have automatic transmissions? Is actually driving too much trouble? Do you
enjoy spending more money for worse performance and fuel economy? Does this

have something to do with Americans who don't know how to think, and
learning to shift requires too much thought?

Kreuzer

Aug 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/20/95
jav...@freenet.hut.fi (Javier) wrote:
>(snip)
>..just because they spend all the money that should be used for

>education and health care on the military.

Please get to your political agenda in the first few lines.. or, maybe
even in the subject. If you are really trying to be an auto reviewer,
stay in school.

Shannon M Wade

Aug 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/20/95
On 21 Aug 1995, Dick Brewster wrote:

> Clark Archer <tca...@prodigy.com> wrote:
> >jav...@freenet.hut.fi (Javier) wrote:
> >
> >[ a bunch of crap downgrading American autos ]
> >
> >When your country produces anything that can touch the performance of a Z28,
> >please write again.
>

> Give them a break, let them start by trying to match an Escort.
> you still won't hear from them for several years.

uhhhh...actually Finland produces...uh well.......a large
percenta....uhhh well.....they do have...no not that either...
Beer?.....no thats Germany....

ok...I got it...they have lots of trees....and a really *cute* country.

Can I go back to defending Japan now?

Later,
Economics Guy

SteevenB

Aug 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/20/95
jav...@freenet.hut.fi (Javier) wrote:
>(snippity doo fah on the anti american diatribe)

>.. they spend all the money that should be used for

>education and health care on the military.

personally Flamebait I agree with ya there...
BUT that is the extent of it..........
yer spamming is out of line
+ yer point (if there is one to yer rant)
is lost on me..do you hate Americans? Do you hate american cars?
Who gives a rats ass?

Do you have doody in your whiny boy diaper?

I see yer country's "endless winter" has froze yer brains ->
SteevenB reccommends ya put yer head in the oven and crank it up
.................there feel better?? I know I do.
Stee...@AOL.com
FXRS-SP/ST1100
ride to eat, eat to ride

Natalie Maynor

Aug 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/20/95
jav...@freenet.hut.fi (Javier) writes:

> American cars are the biggest pieces of crap I've ever had the
>misfortune to drive.

Why have you been forced to drive American cars? I have driven them only
very rarely, in spite of living my whole life in the USA.

> Speaking of American idiocy, why is it that almost all of your cars
>have automatic transmissions?

I have no idea. I've never owned a car with an automatic transmission --
in spite of living my whole life in the USA.

> It's a shame that such a bunch of idiots consider themselves

>superior just because they spend all the money that should be used for

Who considers themselves superior to whom? You lost me there.
-- Natalie (may...@ra.msstate.edu)

FolsomMan

Aug 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/20/95
jav...@freenet.hut.fi (Javier) spewed:

> American cars are the biggest pieces of crap I've ever had the

>misfortune to drive. Why is it that yanks seem to have problems building
>car that'll go a reasonable amount of time without something breaking?
Are

What American cars have you driven? Certainly some of them are flabby and
unreliable, but certainly not all. I have an inexpensive little coupe
built in Normal, Illinois, USA with 105000 HARD miles (169000 km) that
still has its original shocks, turbocharger, exhaust system, clutch,
engine and everything else important. It has a five speed manual
transmission and is very often driven right up to red line (7000 rpm).
European cars that I have owned were useless after fewer miles of easier
service.

>American roads so bad that the suspension has to be so soft that you feel
>like you're on a boat? You could run over a human body and not notice.
After
>hard braking, the car shakes violently for a few seconds like an
amusement
>park ride. Are Americans so weak that the power steering has to make the

I can stop smoothly from over 100 mph again and again.

>wheel easier to turn than the radio volume control? You could use one
finger
>to turn the wheels all the way in either direction, even with the car
>stopped.
> American roads DO have corners although from driving one of their
>cars you wouldn't think so. The car feels like it will roll over if you
try
>to corner over about 30 km/h (that's 20 mph for you uncivilized yanks
that
>remain the only country to cling to an outdated system of measurement
that
>has no reason to it).

I've driven into a turn at 95 mph (that's 153 km/h) with all four tires in
full howl with little sign of any body roll, and driven out the other end
under full control. I'll show you the corner and you can try it with the
car of your choice.

> Speaking of American idiocy, why is it that almost all of your
cars

>have automatic transmissions? Is actually driving too much trouble? Do
you
>enjoy spending more money for worse performance and fuel economy? Does
this
>have something to do with Americans who don't know how to think, and
>learning to shift requires too much thought?

> It's a shame that such a bunch of idiots consider themselves

>superior just because they spend all the money that should be used for

>education and health care on the military.

We need to spend as much on the military as the rest of the world combined
so we can fight two small wars at once ;-)

Mark Folsom

Shannon M Wade

Aug 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/20/95
On Sun, 20 Aug 1995, Javier forgot his Prozac and wrote:

> American cars are the biggest pieces of crap I've ever had the
> misfortune to drive. Why is it that yanks seem to have problems building a

oh yea...well yo mama didn't seem to mind the backseat of my buick!

BTW: tell her the other 10 bucks is in the mail.

PUDGE

Aug 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/20/95
Geeezz,what an attitude....may your life improve.
Best Wishes
Ford Guy

Shannon M Wade

Aug 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/20/95
On Sun, 20 Aug 1995, Javier wrote:

> American cars are the biggest pieces of crap I've ever had the
> misfortune to drive. Why is it that yanks seem to have problems building a

> car that'll go a reasonable amount of time without something breaking? Are

> American roads so bad that the suspension has to be so soft that you feel
> like you're on a boat? You could run over a human body and not notice. After

No, actually we have one of the largest highway systems in the world. Soft
suspensions are for running over irate, nationalistic, Finns so we don't
spill our $5 cups of capachino, disturb our $3000 laptops while we're
faxing to work via our $200 carphones. Not to mention we'd ruin our $50
Levis and spill coffee on our $75 designer shirts.

> hard braking, the car shakes violently for a few seconds like an amusement
> park ride. Are Americans so weak that the power steering has to make the

> wheel easier to turn than the radio volume control? You could use one finger
> to turn the wheels all the way in either direction, even with the car
> stopped.

ohhhh....you miss-understand, that's so we can turn around really easily
in case we didn't finish of the irate, nationalistic, Finn the first time
around.

> American roads DO have corners although from driving one of their
> cars you wouldn't think so. The car feels like it will roll over if you try
> to corner over about 30 km/h (that's 20 mph for you uncivilized yanks that
> remain the only country to cling to an outdated system of measurement that
> has no reason to it).

> Speaking of American idiocy, why is it that almost all of your cars
> have automatic transmissions? Is actually driving too much trouble? Do you
> enjoy spending more money for worse performance and fuel economy? Does this
> have something to do with Americans who don't know how to think, and
> learning to shift requires too much thought?

Ahhh...nope, that's so we can easily put it in reverse if we didn't
finish off the irate, nationalistic, Finn the first and second time
around. Why use the energy of putting down the clutch just for that....

It's a shame that such a bunch of idiots consider themselves
> superior just because they spend all the money that should be used for
> education and health care on the military.

Hmmmm......Finland does have an excellent educational system.....maybe you
should enroll. I don't understand it...Finlands illiteracy rate is
minimal, but you somehow slipped through the system to post this eloquent
dissertion on the American auto industry. You're a fucking genius!...you
nailed down a whole industry AND the American way of life with you're
brillant analysis above! You must be very proud! I'm in Awe....

Obvious troll....

Clark Archer

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
ad...@gate.net (Adam L) wrote:
>Clark Archer <tca...@prodigy.com> wrote:
>
>>When your country produces anything that can touch the performance of a Z28,
>>please write again.
>
>Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but only the NEWEST
>firebirds/camaros had any sort of impressive technology under the
>hood. And even the LT-1 isn't a miracle of engineering, it's just a
>well-tuned V8. Of course, I won't deny that I don't like the "jesus
>I think my brain just oozed out the back of my skull" acceleration of
>the Z28s, but it's a bit overdue.

I never said anything about the tech one way or the other.
Just that it's faster than any cars coming out of the winter wonderland.

--
Clark Archer '83 Civic 1300FE
Affinity, Inc. '89 Tercel (yuk)

gary cruse

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In <418j5b$l...@daily-planet.execpc.com> "John Q. Public"
<capm...@execpc.com> writes:

>jav...@freenet.hut.fi (Javier) wrote:
>> American cars are the biggest pieces of crap I've ever had
the
>>misfortune to drive. Why is it that yanks seem to have problems
building a
>>car that'll go a reasonable amount of time without something
breaking?

>Please send me a Finnish car right away, COD. OK?
> ^^^

Hey, just cuz he'z from Finnland, does
ya have to call him a fishy?

Dick Brewster

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
Clark Archer <tca...@prodigy.com> wrote:
>jav...@freenet.hut.fi (Javier) wrote:
>
>[ a bunch of crap downgrading American autos ]
>
>When your country produces anything that can touch the performance of a Z28,
>please write again.

Adam L

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
Clark Archer <tca...@prodigy.com> wrote:

>When your country produces anything that can touch the performance of a Z28,
>please write again.

Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but only the NEWEST

Aaron Gross

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In <Pine.OSF.3.91.95082...@odin.cbu.edu> Indian Outlaw

<bvau...@odin.cbu.edu> writes:

>On Sun, 20 Aug 1995, Javier, aka a royal piece of crap wrote:
>> Speaking of American idiocy, why is it that almost all of
your cars
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>> have something to do with Americans who don't know how to think, and
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>> It's a shame that such a bunch of idiots consider themselves
>> superior just because they spend all the money that should be used
for
>> education and health care on the military.
>
> Sounds like you have as big a problem with AMERICANS as you do
>the cars they produce. Javier, keep your whining ass in Finland and
buy
>all the non-US cars you can find.
> Talk all you want about our cars, but don't mess with the people
>of the greatest country in the world, The United States.

The Finns would be speaking Deutsch like the French if not for the US
of A.

Aaron Gross

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In <Pine.SOL.3.91.95082...@panther.Gsu.EDU> Shannon M

Wade <gs2...@panther.Gsu.EDU> writes:

>On 21 Aug 1995, Dick Brewster wrote:
>
>> Clark Archer <tca...@prodigy.com> wrote:
>> >jav...@freenet.hut.fi (Javier) wrote:
>> >
>> >[ a bunch of crap downgrading American autos ]
>> >
>> >When your country produces anything that can touch the performance
of a Z28,
>> >please write again.
>>

>> Give them a break, let them start by trying to match an Escort.
>> you still won't hear from them for several years.
>>
>uhhhh...actually Finland produces...uh well.......a large
>percenta....uhhh well.....they do have...no not that either...
>Beer?.....no thats Germany....
>
>ok...I got it...they have lots of trees....and a really *cute*
country.

Blondes! They do produce blondes. It can't be ALL bad, right?!?

gary cruse

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In <d4f9h...@freenet.hut.fi> jav...@freenet.hut.fi (Javier) writes:

<snip>

But really, what do you think about 'Murrican cars?

Stephen Eisenstein

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
> American cars are the biggest pieces of crap I've ever had the
>misfortune to drive. Why is it that yanks seem to have problems
> Does this

>have something to do with Americans who don't know how to think, and
>learning to shift requires too much thought?

Javier,

What is your problem???

Sorry you feel that way you bitter, ignorant, envious a**h***.
Americans saved your butts in WWII - without us you would be speaking
German!!! We gave up our comforts and a great many of our young men to
accomplish that. Maybe we wasted our time on jealous twits like you.
What cars does Finland produce anyway???????????

We were just doing some comparisons the other night, boy. If we drive
across the state of Texas from Orange to El Paso (882 MILES!!!) we will
cover the same distance as going through 6-8 COUNTRIES over there - not
one state. How often do you drive that kind of distance??? I am in
favor of the metric system - but to think of having to go 1411
kilometers would be too depressing - the sun has riz the sun has set
and I ain't out of Texas yet!!!

Marc G

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In <418qc3$5...@ixnews3.ix.netcom.com> aar...@ix.netcom.com (Aaron
Gross) writes:

>In <Pine.OSF.3.91.95082...@odin.cbu.edu> Indian Outlaw
><bvau...@odin.cbu.edu> writes:
>>
>>On Sun, 20 Aug 1995, Javier, aka a royal piece of crap wrote:
>>> Speaking of American idiocy, why is it that almost all of
>your cars
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>>> have something to do with Americans who don't know how to think, and

>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>>> It's a shame that such a bunch of idiots consider themselves
>>> superior just because they spend all the money that should be used
>for
>>> education and health care on the military.
>>

>> Sounds like you have as big a problem with AMERICANS as you do
>>the cars they produce. Javier, keep your whining ass in Finland and
>buy
>>all the non-US cars you can find.
>> Talk all you want about our cars, but don't mess with the people
>>of the greatest country in the world, The United States.

The Finns would be speaking Deutsch like the French if not for the US

of A. <<<<--- This statement says it all.....

Steve Wright

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In <d4f9h...@freenet.hut.fi> jav...@freenet.hut.fi (Javier) writes:

> American cars are the biggest pieces of crap I've ever had the
>misfortune to drive. Why is it that yanks seem to have problems
building a

And this is the biggest bunch of crap I've ever had the misfortune to
read.

> Are Americans so weak that the power steering has to make the
>wheel easier to turn than the radio volume control?

Are you so ignorant as to spam twelve different newsgroups with this
mindless bullshit?

BUGGER OFF!

Human Clump

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
ste...@ix.netcom.com (Stephen Eisenstein ) wrote:
>In <d4f9h...@freenet.hut.fi> jav...@freenet.hut.fi (Javier) writes:
>>
>> American cars are the biggest pieces of crap I've ever had the
>>misfortune to drive. Why is it that yanks seem to have problems
>> Does this

>>have something to do with Americans who don't know how to think, and
>>learning to shift requires too much thought?
>

>Javier,
>
>What is your problem???
>

>We were just doing some comparisons the other night, boy. If we drive
>across the state of Texas from Orange to El Paso (882 MILES!!!) we will
>cover the same distance as going through 6-8 COUNTRIES over there - not
>one state. How often do you drive that kind of distance??? I am in
>favor of the metric system - but to think of having to go 1411
>kilometers would be too depressing - the sun has riz the sun has set
>and I ain't out of Texas yet!!!

Perhaps we should remind Javier that American automobile upholstery,
even the stuff made in Japan and Mexico, was never intended
to be used for wiping off herring slime.

dem

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
>Americans saved your butts in WWII - without us you would be speaking
>German!!!

BINGO! I think you've uncovered a little information on the type of
vehicle this guy is driving. After 55 years or so, those American
JEEPs do loose a little bit of their performance. Boy oh boy, I
remember watching an episode of M*A*S*H and that Radar, he sure was
having a heck of a time driving a JEEP, and that was one of the new
fangled models. I can only imagine the pure hell you're going through
driving a 1940's model.

John Q. Public

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
jav...@freenet.hut.fi (Javier) wrote:
> American cars are the biggest pieces of crap I've ever had the
>misfortune to drive. Why is it that yanks seem to have problems building a

Clark Archer

Thor Eysteinsson

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In <d4f9h...@freenet.hut.fi>
jav...@freenet.hut.fi (Javier) writes in a fit of anger:

> American cars are the biggest pieces of crap I've ever had the
>misfortune to drive. Why is it that yanks seem to have problems building a
>car that'll go a reasonable amount of time without something breaking?

I am not an american, and I drive a German car, but I think American cars
have improved considerably in recent years. I think some of the strongest
critics of the US industry in recent years have in fact been - Americans.

> Are
>American roads so bad that the suspension has to be so soft that you feel
>like you're on a boat? You could run over a human body and not notice.

Excuse me, but isn´t a good suspension a very important aspect of a good
car? A ride in a very expensive Mercedes on a German autobahn at 200 km/h
prooved to me that German engineers emphasize the importance of a good
suspension.

> After

>hard braking, the car shakes violently for a few seconds like an amusement
>park ride.

Never noticed this.

Are Americans so weak that the power steering has to make the

>wheel easier to turn than the radio volume control? You could use one finger
>to turn the wheels all the way in either direction, even with the car
>stopped.

That is interesting, my German car does not have power steering, but that
is because it is a cheap model. Wouldn´t mind having power steering,
though...The more expensive models have it, and it is worth the money.

> American roads DO have corners although from driving one of their
>cars you wouldn't think so. The car feels like it will roll over if you try
>to corner over about 30 km/h (that's 20 mph for you uncivilized yanks that
>remain the only country to cling to an outdated system of measurement that
>has no reason to it).

They DO have corners, but why do you want to corner at 30 km/h? What is
the big rush? My German car probably WOULD roll over at that speed. The
American system of measurement is odd but has benefits. For instance, you
can buy one gallon of gasoline in the USA for less than the prize of one
liter in Europe.
Nothing "uncivilized" about that, is it? (one gallon is three liters for
uncivilized Finns, both gasoline and vodka).

> Speaking of American idiocy, why is it that almost all of your cars

>have automatic transmissions? Is actually driving too much trouble? Do you

>enjoy spending more money for worse performance and fuel economy? Does this

>have something to do with Americans who don't know how to think, and
>learning to shift requires too much thought?

I agree with this about automatic transmission, but the Japanese and
Europeans also produce this "idiocy", and sell it to European, including
Finnish idiots. Sheer idiocy, I agree with you.

> It's a shame that such a bunch of idiots consider themselves
>superior just because they spend all the money that should be used for
>education and health care on the military.

So, what does military spending and health have to do with cars? The
yanks are cutting their military spending substantially. They spend
considerable amount of money on health and education, and plan more. What
is the relation to cars? Well, on second thoughts, it does have realtions
to cars. By spending all this money on defense in Europe and Japan, the
idiotic Yanks gave these ungrateful bastards the opportunity to produce
cars without fear of invasion or nuclear war, and spend money on health
and education, and very little (near nothing in the case of Japan) on
defense. Not very smart, and absolutely no reason for a superiority complex.
Regards,

Thor Eysteinsson.

d...@best.com

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95

jav...@freenet.hut.fi (Javier) is getting entirely too much attention
for writing:

> Speaking of American idiocy, why is it that almost all of your cars
>have automatic transmissions? Is actually driving too much trouble? Do you
>enjoy spending more money for worse performance and fuel economy? Does this
>have something to do with Americans who don't know how to think, and
>learning to shift requires too much thought?

Yeah!!!!!!!!11 This is obviously a nation which doesn't appreciate
the finer sensual aspects of this masquerade we call life, such as the
wafting tang of a hot clutch as you approach the Bay Bridge into San
Francisco from southbound I-80 at 8AM, at around 5 MPH (~8 kph) for
half an hour. Schmucks!

Foithermore, anyone who'd use GUI cut-and-paste rather than write a
far more flexible perl script for the job is obviously a gibbering
cretin who's probably never memorized a TTL databook for the sheer
joie duh veever of it! Let's get in the bunker before it's too late!

Build cars that're idiot-proof, and only idiots will drive them.

--djm (obdisclaimer: Acura Integra 5-speed, not religious on editors)

Gerd Dimmler

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In article <d4f9h...@freenet.hut.fi>, jav...@freenet.hut.fi says...

> American cars are the biggest pieces of crap I've ever had the
>misfortune to drive.

( erased the worst nonsense)

Why did I have the misfortune to read your garbage in more than
twenty newsgroups?

Please make a decision, where you wish to spill whatever it is you
wish to spill. Don't pollute the whole neighborhood with your junk.

Cheers,

Gerd

Steve Sheldon

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95

> American cars are the biggest pieces of crap I've ever had the

>misfortune to drive. Why is it that yanks seem to have problems building a

Actually there is a thread regarding the Yugo and the Trabant and stuff.
Do they sell those in Finland?

>car that'll go a reasonable amount of time without something breaking? Are

Huh?

>American roads so bad that the suspension has to be so soft that you feel

>like you're on a boat? You could run over a human body and not notice. After

Well, occasionally when those Finlanders come to visit, this ability comes
in very handy.

>hard braking, the car shakes violently for a few seconds like an amusement

>park ride. Are Americans so weak that the power steering has to make the

>wheel easier to turn than the radio volume control? You could use one finger
>to turn the wheels all the way in either direction, even with the car
>stopped.

Man, you must have strong fingers! What do you do, practice by picking
your nose all day long?

> American roads DO have corners although from driving one of their
>cars you wouldn't think so. The car feels like it will roll over if you try
>to corner over about 30 km/h (that's 20 mph for you uncivilized yanks that
>remain the only country to cling to an outdated system of measurement that
>has no reason to it).

Really? That's interesting...

You should have told me this before I went out to Colorado. All those damn
hairpin turns, I would have remembered to pack my training wheels.

> Speaking of American idiocy, why is it that almost all of your cars
>have automatic transmissions? Is actually driving too much trouble? Do you
>enjoy spending more money for worse performance and fuel economy? Does this
>have something to do with Americans who don't know how to think, and
>learning to shift requires too much thought?

It's called environmental factors. Haven't you ever taken a course in
cultural geography?

You'll also notice that we generally build houses out of wood, not bricks,
and...

> It's a shame that such a bunch of idiots consider themselves
>superior just because they spend all the money that should be used for
>education and health care on the military.

Why didn't you just post this? I would have been able to agree with you
then. :)
--
Steve Sheldon [These are my own opinions] '95 Dodge Neon
Iowa State University ICSS Resource Facility by day '85 Honda Spree

FRED

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
>PLEASE, IF YOU FEEL YOU MUST RESPOND TO THIS ASS,DO IT DIRECTLY.DONT
FILL UP THE BB'S. THATS WHAT HE WANTS. DONT GIVE HIM THE SATISFACTION.
FILL HIS EMAIL UP NOT THE BB'S

Luis A. Hernandez, Jr.

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
>> Javier, aka a royal piece of crap <<

>> The Finns would be speaking Deutsch like the French if not for the US
of A. <<

Those 2 statements say it all!

God, I'm going to love this place!

pen...@ix.netcom.com

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
>On Sun, 20 Aug 1995, Javier, aka a royal piece of crap wrote:
>> Speaking of American idiocy, why is it that almost all of
your cars
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>> have something to do with Americans who don't know how to think, and
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>> It's a shame that such a bunch of idiots consider themselves
>> superior just because they spend all the money that should be used
for
>> education and health care on the military.
>
> Sounds like you have as big a problem with AMERICANS as you do
>the cars they produce. Javier, keep your whining ass in Finland and
buy
>all the non-US cars you can find.
> Talk all you want about our cars, but don't mess with the people

>of the greatest country in the world, The United States.
>

>BV

ROCK ON, BV!!!

Edward Carter | The Red Hot Chili Peppers Rock!!!| Vector Avtech WX-3
Newport Beach, CA, USA | IndyCar Racing Rules!!! | '95 Corvette ZR-1
White Male | Al Unser Jr. Kicks Butt | '95 Suburban 454 4X4

Luis A. Hernandez, Jr.

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
>> Hey, just cuz he'z from Finnland, does
ya have to call him a fishy? <<

Of course not! But if he comes over here he's FinnishED!

Roger Clark

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In <418o9t$e...@eldborg.rhi.hi.is> tho...@rhi.hi.is (Thor Eysteinsson)
writes:

> [...]

for
>>education and health care on the military.
>

>So, what does military spending and health have to do with cars? The
>yanks are cutting their military spending substantially. They spend
>considerable amount of money on health and education, and plan more.
What
>is the relation to cars? Well, on second thoughts, it does have
realtions
>to cars. By spending all this money on defense in Europe and Japan,
the
>idiotic Yanks gave these ungrateful bastards the opportunity to
produce
>cars without fear of invasion or nuclear war, and spend money on
health
>and education, and very little (near nothing in the case of Japan) on
>defense. Not very smart, and absolutely no reason for a superiority

Hey Thor! As an American and hopefully speaking for all Americans - I
Thank You!! This is oddly enough, one of the more pleasant thinks
someone from somewhere other than the U.S. has said. And correct.
Your welcome to stay in my house if you ever visit the U.S. You can
even drive my Thunderbird.

Fusion

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
FRED (cal...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:

: In <d4f9h...@freenet.hut.fi> jav...@freenet.hut.fi (Javier) writes:
: >PLEASE, IF YOU FEEL YOU MUST RESPOND TO THIS ASS,DO IT DIRECTLY.DONT
: FILL UP THE BB'S. THATS WHAT HE WANTS. DONT GIVE HIM THE SATISFACTION.
: FILL HIS EMAIL UP NOT THE BB'S

Oh Christ!

Is this the type of shit I will be exposed to because the Kent Admin
was playing again?

Then again, the c-post list is unbelievable.

Too powerfull a system, too little a brain.

Uh,-- Just which ass are you addressing?

Mark
XV920j
--
rhes...@phoenix.kent.edu

Fusion

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
Stephen Eisenstein (ste...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: In <d4f9h...@freenet.hut.fi> jav...@freenet.hut.fi (Javier) writes:
: >
: > American cars are the biggest pieces of crap I've ever had the

: >misfortune to drive. Why is it that yanks seem to have problems
: > Does this

: >have something to do with Americans who don't know how to think, and
: >learning to shift requires too much thought?

Oh Man, You offend me.

I think rather well, thank you.

And if not, I may be suffering the same illusion as you.

Damn shame your not only a pond away, but several countries and
cultures away.

Your ass is too tight. Learn to fart. It will remove the pressure on
your brain matter.

What was the q anyhow?

Mark
XV920j

--
rhes...@phoenix.kent.edu

Luis A. Hernandez, Jr.

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
Javier:

>> You could run over a human body and not notice. <<

Hey good buddy, wha doncha lay down right here.... relax.... you won't
feel a thing... And neither will I!

>> It's a shame that such a bunch of idiots consider themselves
superior just because they spend all the money that should be used for
education and health care on the military. <<

Javier you %$@& ^&$Q%, you fooled me there. For a moment I thought you
were talking about cars. (?!)
And what the %#&$Q& are you doing talking this car crap here in the
MOTORCYCLE discussion group?
HELLO!!! Anybody home?

BTW and FYI: we ARE superior!

Alexander Lygin

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In article <418rhh$6...@ixnews3.ix.netcom.com>, ste...@ix.netcom.com (Stephen Eisenstein ) says:

>In <d4f9h...@freenet.hut.fi> jav...@freenet.hut.fi (Javier) writes:
>>
>> American cars are the biggest pieces of crap I've ever had the
>>misfortune to drive. Why is it that yanks seem to have problems
>> Does this
>>have something to do with Americans who don't know how to think, and
>>learning to shift requires too much thought?
>

>Javier,
>
>What is your problem???
>
>Sorry you feel that way you bitter, ignorant, envious a**h***.
>Americans saved your butts in WWII - without us you would be speaking
>German!!! We gave up our comforts and a great many of our young men to

What about Russia? I think you do a mistake here. America DID help Russia after
end of 1942. Go to a library and read some about it. How many American troops were
in Euroupe before 1943? How many Americans died in WWII comparing to Russians?

Sincerely,
Alexander.

Alexander Lygin

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In article <418qc3$5...@ixnews3.ix.netcom.com>, aar...@ix.netcom.com (Aaron Gross) says:

>In <Pine.OSF.3.91.95082...@odin.cbu.edu> Indian Outlaw
><bvau...@odin.cbu.edu> writes:
>>
>>On Sun, 20 Aug 1995, Javier, aka a royal piece of crap wrote:
>>> Speaking of American idiocy, why is it that almost all of
>your cars
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>The Finns would be speaking Deutsch like the French if not for the US
>of A.

You are wrong. They would be speaking Russian, not Deutsch!!!!! The same about French.

Sincerely,
Alexander.

Alexander Lygin

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95

Listen, guy, you are tooooooooo emotional, if not to say rude. If you want to say anything be
ojective, not flameable. In fact I have seen some
American cars that bounce after braking, but all of them were junk cars. As for automatic
transmission - I hate it too and have a stick shift. As for reliability I can't say anything I have had
only one car and it is Honda. Why did I choose it over American cars - in that price range (I got
my CIVIC 4dr 1995 for $12,600) that was a best choice. Actually I tried several American cars and all
them feel like a comfy sofa on the weels and my HONDA feels like car. Even with it I would like to have
firmer suspension. If you don't like sofa you always have choice to get smth. else. But you can not
deny that some people like it, it's their business.

Anyway, what I intended to say: you were too rude expressing your thoughts. And now you get all the
flame back. Hope you're waering flame-proof suit already.

Alexander.

ERKKI MYLLYNEN (MATEK)

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In article <418rhh$6...@ixnews3.ix.netcom.com> ste...@ix.netcom.com (Stephen Eisenstein ) writes:
>From: ste...@ix.netcom.com (Stephen Eisenstein )
>Subject: Re: American cars SUCK OR FINLANDERS WOULDN'T KNOW A GOOD THING IF IT
>BIT THEM
>Date: 21 Aug 1995 02:37:37 GMT

>Javier,

>What is your problem???

>Sorry you feel that way you bitter, ignorant, envious a**h***.
>Americans saved your butts in WWII - without us you would be speaking
>German!!! We gave up our comforts and a great many of our young men to

>accomplish that. Maybe we wasted our time on jealous twits like you.
>What cars does Finland produce anyway???????????

1) I agree with your description of Javier, but he's a flamebait, and it is
just his nature to behave like that.

2) In WWII Finland had trouble with the Russians, which the US of A ended up
helping against Adolf. So very few American soldiers died for Finland then,
instead the Finnsh pilots ended up fighting against lend-leased Airacobras
and other American stuff wearing red stars. Otherwise the relations
were as good as they can get between two nations actually fighting on
different sides, no war declarations and America helped Finland politically
to get out of the war. So America did not help us as much as Stephen is
suggesting, just because we ended up fighting against the other dictator.

3) I think I had a little red plastic truck that was made in Finland when I
was a kid. That thing sure went great! And yeah - you can start spitting on
SAAB Cabrios. Those are all made in Finland. I wonder if Javier works on
the line?

Cheers,
Erkki

erkki.m...@helsinki.fi

Espen Olsen

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In article <419426$r...@ixnews6.ix.netcom.com> cal...@ix.netcom.com (FRED ) writes:

>>PLEASE, IF YOU FEEL YOU MUST RESPOND TO THIS ASS,DO IT DIRECTLY.DONT
>FILL UP THE BB'S. THATS WHAT HE WANTS. DONT GIVE HIM THE SATISFACTION.
> FILL HIS EMAIL UP NOT THE BB'S

Please stop shouting. After all this is Usenet, not some stupid Bulletin
Board.

I think I'll relax with a beer, now, anybody else?

Espen

LA6MGA/LA1K, DoD# 7962
Det er når en kjenner lukten av sin egen avføring at man lurer på
hvem man egentlig er.
A.And

Andy Woodward

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
> American cars are the biggest pieces of crap I've ever had the
>misfortune to drive. Why is it that yanks seem to have problems building a
>car that'll go a reasonable amount of time without something breaking? Are

Well. I was very impressed on my first visit to California, to seee lots of
VERY old V8s puttering along on a couple of cylinders. Sure they were noisy,
slow and vibrating so much you could see it from outside, but they were still
going and in everyday use with most of the engine defunct. Imagine a piece of
japanese technowizardry doing that. Hell, even if a valve sticks the damn
things commmit hara kiri!!!!!!! Prima Donna bloody vehicles >:-[

> American roads DO have corners although from driving one of their
>cars you wouldn't think so. The car feels like it will roll over if you try

From driving their ROADS I wouldnt think so either. The cars are well eveolved
to the roads and the drivers.

Just another roadkill on the Information Superhighway
+++++++++++++++++++++++ None-%er #1 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Andy Woodward

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
>> Talk all you want about our cars, but don't mess with the people
>>of the greatest country in the world, The United States.
>
>The Finns would be speaking Deutsch like the French if not for the US
>of A.

Time for a repost methinks:-

Article 83478 of rec.motorcycles:
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles
From: a...@aber.ac.uk (Andrew Michael Woodward)
Subject: Re: Bill Clinton, Gasoline, and Taxes
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1993 12:08:32 GMT

>> Been there. Done that. Consider that two or three of your weeney piss-ant
>> countries will fit into my home state of Montana. In the Big Sky Country,

I reprint this verbaitim, and completely without permission, from:-

'The United Nations of America'; Elmer P 'Dusty' Spittoonburger Jr,IIIrd;
Midwestern Potatoe-slice Press in assocation with Redneck Publ.Inc.

The World.

1: The Centre

At the centre of the world is Central America and at the heart of Central
America is Des Moines,Iowa. We will use this as a base for our explorations.

2: The North

Travelling north through Big Sky Country, famous for all its, er, sky. At the
top of this is a wall. This is here to keep out Canadians

Canadians are primitive people who dress in still-warm animal skins, live
in houses made from snowballs and eat lemmings alive.

3: The South

Travelling south from Central America, you must pass through South
America (Arizona, Texas, or Louisiana) before reaching Mexico. Mexico is
where gardeners breed. It also is fenced off so the Canadians dont feel
hard done by. But enough holes are left in the fence that sufficient
gardeners can sneak through at night.

Even further south is Antarctica where Californians go, on research contracts,
to Experience Something Truly New and to Expand their Personal Consciousness
Referential Databases. It is colder than Des Moines.

4: The East

East from America is the Atlantic Ocean. This is a big ocean being several
tens of miles across.

At the other side is Yerrp. Yerrp is made up of lots of
quaint little contries all of which would fit comfortably within the
city-limits of Dead Squaw,Kansas. It is full of very old people who all live
in picturesque castles with no heating. They have many centuries of
Historic National History which they can all remember personally. Yerrpeans
are generally quite nice people, all things considered, and are lots of fun
to take photographs of.

An hours drive further east is Ayrabbia. This is full of sand and Ayrabs.
Ayrabs shoot each other a lot, but otherwise are not at all like us. They
wrap their heads in towels so they cant see the depraved things they are
doing to their camels, and never ever import Coca Cola.

Even further east is Russia. Russians are much easier to understand, being
simply Dangerously Un-American Commiebastards who sell their mothers to buy
Vodka, polish missiles all day, and gratuitously declare global
thermonuclear war on anyone who isnt looking.

5: The West.

To the west of America there is absolutely nothing except sea.

6: The Thirdworld.

There is also a country called the Thirdworld somewhere, but no-one really
knows where it is, and it is rumoured that evolution there hasnt got past
monkeys yet anyway.

7: The Sky.

At the end of this is the Newest State, but no-one can go there anymore
since the budget cuts at NASA.

8: Summary for World Explorers

It is best to ignore the North and the South since nothing
happens there. To the East and West, the only places of any importance
are those which can be reached in a winnebago.

I hope this is helpful.

Glenn Painter

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In article <d4f9h...@freenet.hut.fi> jav...@freenet.hut.fi (Javier) writes:
>From: jav...@freenet.hut.fi (Javier)
>Subject: American cars SUCK!
__snip__
The only thing that sucks is you, java-head....

gEp

/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/
Glenn E. Painter - SESI
gpai...@immcms1.redstone.army.mil
/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/

Steinkoenig, Marc J.

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In article <418qg2$4...@ixnews7.ix.netcom.com>, aar...@ix.netcom.com (Aaron Gross) writes...
>In <Pine.SOL.3.91.95082...@panther.Gsu.EDU> Shannon M
>Wade <gs2...@panther.Gsu.EDU> writes:

>of a Z28,
>>>

>>> Give them a break, let them start by trying to match an Escort.
>>> you still won't hear from them for several years.
>>>
>>uhhhh...actually Finland produces...uh well.......a large
>>percenta....uhhh well.....they do have...no not that either...
>>Beer?.....no thats Germany....
>>
>>ok...I got it...they have lots of trees....and a really *cute*
>country.
>>

>Blondes! They do produce blondes. It can't be ALL bad, right?!?

Finland produced this guy, he's anti-American, therefore Finland produces
anti-Americans... A reason in itself why I admire Finland. I had to
immigrate here before I realized how much I hated the lot of you. But the
Finnish guy who doesn't even live here hates you on his own... He doesn't
even need to know what you guys are about, he hates you. THATS the kind of
initiative we need to see in the world. GOOD WORK, FINLAND!

Heil Europa"ische Vereinigung!

Gaz

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
> Clark Archer <tca...@prodigy.com> writes:
>>jav...@freenet.hut.fi (Javier) wrote:

>[the truth downgrading American auto drivers ]

>When your country produces anything that can touch the performance of a Z28,
>please write again.

I agree, Zeds are good cars, but are made by Nissan (Datsun) of Japan.

Gaz

Gaz

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
> ste...@ix.netcom.com (Stephen Eisenstein ) writes:

> - the sun has riz the sun has set
>and I ain't out of Texas yet!!!

Sounds like he was right about 'merican cars being shite.... or perhaps you
have a gearchange job, try changing to second.....

Gaz

Dick Brewster

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
st...@rosie.uh.edu (Steinkoenig, Marc J.) wrote:
>In article <418qg2$4...@ixnews7.ix.netcom.com>,

Stuff deleted....

>>Blondes! They do produce blondes. It can't be ALL bad, right?!?
>
>Finland produced this guy, he's anti-American, therefore Finland produces
>anti-Americans... A reason in itself why I admire Finland. I had to
>immigrate here before I realized how much I hated the lot of you. But the
>Finnish guy who doesn't even live here hates you on his own... He doesn't
>even need to know what you guys are about, he hates you. THATS the kind of
>initiative we need to see in the world. GOOD WORK, FINLAND!
>

>Heil Europa"ische Vereinigung!

You're over rating them, how many other Finns have you seen on the net that are
assholes? This Javier character is the only one I've seen, deflate him and all
thats left is a country full of decent people.

Javier isn't a real Finn anyway, or he wouldn't haev a Puerto Rican name.

Michael Pagan

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In article <emyllyne.1...@viikki.helsinki.fi>,

emyl...@viikki.helsinki.fi (ERKKI MYLLYNEN (MATEK)) wrote:
>3) I think I had a little red plastic truck that was made in Finland when I
>was a kid. That thing sure went great! And yeah - you can start spitting on
>SAAB Cabrios. Those are all made in Finland. I wonder if Javier works on
>the line?

Uh, who owns SAAB? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the new "SAAB" 900 is
built on an Opel platform which is a subsidiary of....

General Motors!

So if you hate "American" cars, you can count your precious Finnish-built
SAABs in as well. (I think)

#####===========---------- ----- --- -- - - - - - -
Michael Pagan '90 Honda Hawk GT
mi...@abenakis.esr.hp.com DoD# 1795
AMA# 410551

Brian Black

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
Javier is trying to incite a flame war.

Stop responding to this kind of thing, and it will end. Quickly.

Javier didn't even use a real email address.

Honestly, who cares what this person wrote? Let it go.

Aurora

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95

>--
>Clark Archer '83 Civic 1300FE
>Affinity, Inc. '89 Tercel (yuk)
>tca...@prodigy.com '93 Civic EX Coupe
>There's no substitute for cubic dollars. '94 Civic EXA Coupe

For a yank car defender there's an awfull lot of JAPANESE cars in your
.sig.....

Aurora

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95

>Give them a break, let them start by trying to match an Escort.
> you still won't hear from them for several years.

Well, the Fins didn't, but the German's did: Opel Kadett....and now
the Opel Astra

Aurora

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
>Javier isn't a real Finn anyway, or he wouldn't haev a Puerto Rican name.

What's Puerto Rican about Javier???? At best Javier may be
SPANISH......

Aurora

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
>Yeah!!!!!!!!11 This is obviously a nation which doesn't appreciate
>the finer sensual aspects of this masquerade we call life, such as the
>wafting tang of a hot clutch as you approach the Bay Bridge into San
>Francisco from southbound I-80 at 8AM, at around 5 MPH (~8 kph) for
>half an hour. Schmucks!

Hot clutch? Never learned to change gears, have you?

Aurora

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95

>Excuse me, but isn´t a good suspension a very important aspect of a good
>car? A ride in a very expensive Mercedes on a German autobahn at 200 km/h
>prooved to me that German engineers emphasize the importance of a good
>suspension.

Indeed, GOOD suspension is critical. But you can overdo it, as the
yank's have often done.

>> After
>>hard braking, the car shakes violently for a few seconds like an amusement
>>park ride.

>Never noticed this.

Well.....Most 'euro' styled yank cars haven't got this (Escort, old
Scorpio, Fiesta), but the 'typical' US car as seen in Europe (the
so-called pimpmobiles) DOES shake violently after a had brake....

I don't know if recent models still do this though.....

>They DO have corners, but why do you want to corner at 30 km/h? What is
>the big rush? My German car probably WOULD roll over at that speed. The
>American system of measurement is odd but has benefits. For instance, you
>can buy one gallon of gasoline in the USA for less than the prize of one
>liter in Europe.

30 kmph isn't THAT fast......it's deadslow actually...

>Nothing "uncivilized" about that, is it? (one gallon is three liters for
>uncivilized Finns, both gasoline and vodka).

The yanks HAVE to keep their gas prices low, otherwise they couldn't
afford to fuel their big gassucking cars......

Aurora

DaveHatunen

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In article <418rhh$6...@ixnews3.ix.netcom.com>,
Stephen Eisenstein <ste...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

[...]

>Sorry you feel that way you bitter, ignorant, envious a**h***.
>Americans saved your butts in WWII - without us you would be speaking
>German!!! We gave up our comforts and a great many of our young men to
>accomplish that. Maybe we wasted our time on jealous twits like you.

Before one goes into irrational flame mode, one really should check out
the facts. Finland was an ally of Germany in WW2, albeit reluctantly.
And given the shit the Finns gave the Russians in the Winter War, one
could argue they were the first ones to begin the containment of the
USSR which became US geopolitical policy after WW2.

>What cars does Finland produce anyway???????????

Poor way to defend American cars.

>We were just doing some comparisons the other night, boy. If we drive
>across the state of Texas from Orange to El Paso (882 MILES!!!) we will
>cover the same distance as going through 6-8 COUNTRIES over there - not
>one state. How often do you drive that kind of distance??? I am in
>favor of the metric system - but to think of having to go 1411
>kilometers would be too depressing - the sun has riz the sun has set

>and I ain't out of Texas yet!!!

Hm. How many American cars win the East African Safari?

--

********** DAVE HATUNEN (hat...@netcom.com) **********
* Daly City California: almost San Francisco *

Aaron Gross

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In <21AUG199...@rosie.uh.edu> st...@rosie.uh.edu (Steinkoenig,
Marc J.) writes:

>In article <418rlc$n...@ixnews6.ix.netcom.com>, mar...@ix.netcom.com
(Marc G) writes...
>>In <418qc3$5...@ixnews3.ix.netcom.com> aar...@ix.netcom.com (Aaron
>>Gross) writes:
>>

>>>In <Pine.OSF.3.91.95082...@odin.cbu.edu> Indian
Outlaw

>>>your cars

themselves
>>>for

>>>buy
>>>

>>The Finns would be speaking Deutsch like the French if not for the US
>>of A. <<<<--- This statement says it all.....
>
>You know, this isn't true. Finland handeled herself against both
Germany and
>Russia. Saying crap like that doesn't get people to like you,
Amerikan. In
>fact, if you ever said it in Europe you'd probably be gutted,
decapitated,
>and you severed head placed on a pike. Nothing special... Just the
>traditional thing they do to obnoxious Amerikan tourists.

It wasn't the fish-eaters who beat the Germans, it was the snow. You
can't claim credit for that.

Now get the hell off the American-built INTERNET, herring-head!

Dean Bubley

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In article <41a6ce$h...@hpscit.sc.hp.com>, mi...@abenakis.esr.hp.com
(Michael Pagan) wrote:

> In article <emyllyne.1...@viikki.helsinki.fi>,
> emyl...@viikki.helsinki.fi (ERKKI MYLLYNEN (MATEK)) wrote:
> >3) I think I had a little red plastic truck that was made in Finland when I
> >was a kid. That thing sure went great! And yeah - you can start spitting on
> >SAAB Cabrios. Those are all made in Finland. I wonder if Javier works on
> >the line?
> >

> Uh, who owns SAAB? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the new "SAAB" 900 is
> built on an Opel platform which is a subsidiary of....
>
> General Motors!

True, but then GM also used to own Lotus, and Ford owns Jaguar and Aston Martin.
Barring a couple of bits & pieces, they're still British. And, to be honest, I'd
rather have an Aston than anything from elsewhere in the US or Europe
(with the sole exception of Italy. Incidentally, Lamborghini is now owned
by an Indonesia company.

Regards

Dean Bubley

--
Dean Bubley, de...@datamon.demon.co.uk
Datamonitor

Steinkoenig, Marc J.

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In article <41a2g2$j...@ixnews3.ix.netcom.com>, meta...@ix.netcom.com (Tom Beam ) writes...

> Hello all you hyper-reactionaries.
>
> That east swede trolled pretty good didn't he? Look how many of
>you got pissed off. Relax, we all know the only thing east swedes are
>good for is drinking and committing suicide....And the occasional
>killer troll.

HEY! What about my trolls? Sheesh... No respect, I tell you, no respect...

_ "...You appear mentally ill and emotionally dysfunctional, _
_ a classical description of a 'monster' if there ever was _
_ one." _
_ -An Amerikan Describes Me _

Heil Europa"ische Vereinigung!

Steinkoenig, Marc J.

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In article <41a2rd$5...@ixnews4.ix.netcom.com>, Dick Brewster <dbre...@ix.netcom.com> writes...
>Javier isn't a real Finn anyway, or he wouldn't haev a Puerto Rican name.

Idiot. That's to throw you off his trail. The Finns are smart, you know.

Steinkoenig, Marc J.

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In article <41a8dj$l...@ixnews3.ix.netcom.com>, aar...@ix.netcom.com (Aaron Gross) writes...

Right, they were our allies, albeit reluctantly. Unlike Vichy France, however,
the had a voice. Why? The Finns are cool, even the Nazis knew this.

>Now get the hell off the American-built INTERNET, herring-head!

Hmm... mistaken for Skandinavian. Well, I guess if I can be mistaken for
English, I can be mistaken for anything... but never for Amerikan.

mor...@fnalv1.fnal.gov

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In article <419426$r...@ixnews6.ix.netcom.com>, cal...@ix.netcom.com (FRED ) writes:
>In <d4f9h...@freenet.hut.fi> jav...@freenet.hut.fi (Javier) writes:
>>PLEASE, IF YOU FEEL YOU MUST RESPOND TO THIS ASS,DO IT DIRECTLY.DONT
>FILL UP THE BB'S. THATS WHAT HE WANTS. DONT GIVE HIM THE SATISFACTION.
> FILL HIS EMAIL UP NOT THE BB'S

awww, that wouldn't be no fun. Besides, I don't read no stinkin'
"BB's ", I read usenet newsgroups.

Jeff Goss

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95

S> In <d4f9h...@freenet.hut.fi> jav...@freenet.hut.fi (Javier) writes:
>>
>> American cars are the biggest pieces of crap I've ever had the
>> misfortune to drive. Why is it that yanks seem to have problems

>> Does this

>> have something to do with Americans who don't know how to think, and

>> learning to shift requires too much thought?

S> Javier,

S> What is your problem???

S> Sorry you feel that way you bitter, ignorant, envious a**h***.
S> Americans saved your butts in WWII - without us you would be speaking
S> German!!! We gave up our comforts and a great many of our young men to
S> accomplish that. Maybe we wasted our time on jealous twits like you.
S> What cars does Finland produce anyway???????????

S> We were just doing some comparisons the other night, boy. If we drive
S> across the state of Texas from Orange to El Paso (882 MILES!!!) we will
S> cover the same distance as going through 6-8 COUNTRIES over there - not
S> one state. How often do you drive that kind of distance??? I am in
S> favor of the metric system - but to think of having to go 1411
S> kilometers would be too depressing - the sun has riz the sun has set
S> and I ain't out of Texas yet!!!

Well, come north to a REAL big country, yank boy. As for the war, no
one but Basil Fawlty remembers it, and you guys spent all the years
before Pearl Harbor war profiteering while the real men slugged it out
against the odds. Then you guys sent millions of troops in to rape
the populace (be they man woman or sheep). And you wonder why being
American doesn't ingratiate you in any country in Europe.

Jeff Goss

Jeff Goss

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95

M> In <418qc3$5...@ixnews3.ix.netcom.com> aar...@ix.netcom.com (Aaron
M> Gross) writes:

>> In <Pine.OSF.3.91.95082...@odin.cbu.edu> Indian Outlaw
>> <bvau...@odin.cbu.edu> writes:

>> your cars
>>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> for
>>>
>>> Sounds like you have as big a problem with AMERICANS as you do
>>> the cars they produce. Javier, keep your whining ass in Finland and
>> buy
>>> all the non-US cars you can find.
>>> Talk all you want about our cars, but don't mess with the people
>>> of the greatest country in the world, The United States.
>>

M> The Finns would be speaking Deutsch like the French if not for the US
M> of A. <<<<--- This statement says it all.....

Yes it does say all, all about the pitiful state of the American
eduataion system. Spend some time reading WWII history not written by
an American and you might catch a glimmer of the truth, no wait, all
your info came from John Wayne movies...

Jeff Goss

WAKETEK

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
Actually I'm English and the unbiased opinion is that the only thing that
comes out of Finland is blond haired women with hairy armpits!!!

Thor Eysteinsson

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In <41a6j4$i...@worldxs.worldaccess.nl> aur...@hacom.nl (Aurora) writes:

>>Javier isn't a real Finn anyway, or he wouldn't haev a Puerto Rican name.

>What's Puerto Rican about Javier???? At best Javier may be
>SPANISH......

Well, its unusual name for a Finn. But there are people who actually have
immigrated to Finland ;-)

What constitutes a "real" Finn? If you are interested in finding out
everything about sauna, SISU, vodka and Pukku knifes (not necessarily in
that order), and other aspects of the issue join us at
soc.culture.nordic, and pose the question. You would be in for lot of fun ;-)
Regards,

Thor Eysteinsson.

Thor Eysteinsson

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In <41a6j6$i...@worldxs.worldaccess.nl> aur...@hacom.nl (Aurora) writes:

>>Excuse me, but isn´t a good suspension a very important aspect of a good
>>car? A ride in a very expensive Mercedes on a German autobahn at 200 km/h
>>prooved to me that German engineers emphasize the importance of a good
>>suspension.

>Indeed, GOOD suspension is critical. But you can overdo it, as the
>yank's have often done.

Rolls Royce, I am told has darn good suspension. Is it overdone? Jaguar
and Daimler, I know, also have excellent suspension, fit for the roads in
the UK, such as they are...Overdone?

>>> After
>>>hard braking, the car shakes violently for a few seconds like an amusement
>>>park ride.

>>Never noticed this.

>Well.....Most 'euro' styled yank cars haven't got this (Escort, old
>Scorpio, Fiesta), but the 'typical' US car as seen in Europe (the
>so-called pimpmobiles) DOES shake violently after a had brake....

>I don't know if recent models still do this though.....

Not familiar with "pimpmobiles", I fear ;-)

>>They DO have corners, but why do you want to corner at 30 km/h? What is
>>the big rush? My German car probably WOULD roll over at that speed. The
>>American system of measurement is odd but has benefits. For instance, you
>>can buy one gallon of gasoline in the USA for less than the prize of one
>>liter in Europe.

>30 kmph isn't THAT fast......it's deadslow actually...

I was thinking of sharp corners in urban areas. You are supposed to slow
down there, even if you are a Finn with their average quantitiy of vodka
in your belly. An elderly lady just might be walking across the corner at
slow speed, and then 30 km/hr is FAST. Besides, on my VW I always have to
go below that speed in these situations, otherwise it will get a scarry
tilt. Still, its a darn good machine for the money.

>>Nothing "uncivilized" about that, is it? (one gallon is three liters for
>>uncivilized Finns, both gasoline and vodka).

>The yanks HAVE to keep their gas prices low, otherwise they couldn't
>afford to fuel their big gassucking cars......

Well, I tell you I think that is a darn-good necessity. Not all American
cars are gassucking, so if you have one of they fuel economy cars and can
pay their low gas prices, you have a real winner, as far as I am concerned.

Thor Eysteinsson.

Thor Eysteinsson

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In <psyched-2108...@ip-pdx5-14.teleport.com>
psy...@teleport.com (Brian Black) writes:

>Javier is trying to incite a flame war.

>Stop responding to this kind of thing, and it will end. Quickly.

>Javier didn't even use a real email address.

Maybe he left it in the sauna, or the cold lake he jumped into
afterwards. Should have stayed in a bit longer, though ;-)

>Honestly, who cares what this person wrote? Let it go.

Why? As entertainment, it´s good value for money ;-)

Thor Eysteinsson.

Tim Irvin

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
Brian Black (psy...@teleport.com) wrote:
: Javier is trying to incite a flame war.

: Stop responding to this kind of thing, and it will end. Quickly.

And please stop changing the subject line so my kill file can
actually kill it!

--
* Tim Irvin is zig...@rahul.net * WWW: http://www.rahul.net/ziggy29
* Beware of geeks bearing .GIFs! * GCS: !H s:+ !g au+ C++$ v++ w+ U+ N++

Steinkoenig, Marc J.

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In article <418rlc$n...@ixnews6.ix.netcom.com>, mar...@ix.netcom.com (Marc G) writes...
>In <418qc3$5...@ixnews3.ix.netcom.com> aar...@ix.netcom.com (Aaron
>Gross) writes:
>

>>In <Pine.OSF.3.91.95082...@odin.cbu.edu> Indian Outlaw
>><bvau...@odin.cbu.edu> writes:

>>your cars
>>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>for
>>>
>>> Sounds like you have as big a problem with AMERICANS as you do
>>>the cars they produce. Javier, keep your whining ass in Finland and
>>buy
>>>all the non-US cars you can find.
>>> Talk all you want about our cars, but don't mess with the people
>>>of the greatest country in the world, The United States.
>>

>The Finns would be speaking Deutsch like the French if not for the US
>of A. <<<<--- This statement says it all.....

You know, this isn't true. Finland handeled herself against both Germany and

Russia. Saying crap like that doesn't get people to like you, Amerikan. In
fact, if you ever said it in Europe you'd probably be gutted, decapitated,
and you severed head placed on a pike. Nothing special... Just the
traditional thing they do to obnoxious Amerikan tourists.

Tom Beam

David A. Morning

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
G) wrote:

> In <418qc3$5...@ixnews3.ix.netcom.com> aar...@ix.netcom.com (Aaron
> Gross) writes:

> The Finns would be speaking Deutsch like the French if not for the US
> of A. <<<<--- This statement says it all.....

Yes, it does, doesn't it.

Americans? History?....Nahhhhh!!!!

Richard Ottolini

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In article <419m6c$a...@fileserv.aber.ac.uk>,
Andy Woodward <a...@aber.ac.uk> wrote:
>Well. I was very impressed on my first visit to California, to seee lots of
>VERY old V8s puttering along on a couple of cylinders. Sure they were noisy,
>slow and vibrating so much you could see it from outside, but they were still
>going and in everyday use with most of the engine defunct. Imagine a piece of
>japanese technowizardry doing that. Hell, even if a valve sticks the damn
>things commmit hara kiri!!!!!!! Prima Donna bloody vehicles >:-[

The L.A. smog problems would be greatly reduced if we could get rid of these
cars. They cause 90% of the pollution and are grandfathered out of the
smog requirements.

Robert S. Jenkins

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
) wrote:

> >PLEASE, IF YOU FEEL YOU MUST RESPOND TO THIS ASS,DO IT DIRECTLY.DONT
> FILL UP THE BB'S. THATS WHAT HE WANTS. DONT GIVE HIM THE SATISFACTION.
> FILL HIS EMAIL UP NOT THE BB'S

BB???? This is not a Bulletin Board This is a USENET NEWSGROUP!!

Robert

Adam Neil Villani

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In article <41ad4t$8...@ixnews4.ix.netcom.com>,
Roger Clark <rdcl...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>In <41a325$f...@unogate.unocal.com> stg...@sugarland.unocal.COM

>(Richard Ottolini) writes:
>>The L.A. smog problems would be greatly reduced if we could get rid of
>these
>>cars. They cause 90% of the pollution
>
>No they don't. Factories and lawn mowers do.

Not only that, but we'd have to get rid of all the mountains, too. There was
smog here when there were nothing but Indians in the area.

--
Adam Villani
ad...@cco.caltech.edu

Adrenaline junky

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
uuhhh!! uuhhh!! hu hu aaaa sorry I must be in the wrong place. I was
just looking for rec.motorcycles

C D'Agord

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In article <41a6j3$i...@worldxs.worldaccess.nl> aur...@hacom.nl (Aurora) writes:

>>Give them a break, let them start by trying to match an Escort.
>> you still won't hear from them for several years.

Escort, that's an European car, Ford of ENGLAND I presume.
Like the Kadet is from "GM of Germany", mostly known as Opel.

>Well, the Fins didn't, but the German's did: Opel Kadett....and now
>the Opel Astra

Therefore, who's to blame or be comended here?

Roger Clark

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
(Richard Ottolini) writes:

>In article <419m6c$a...@fileserv.aber.ac.uk>,
>Andy Woodward <a...@aber.ac.uk> wrote:
>>Well. I was very impressed on my first visit to California, to seee
lots of
>>VERY old V8s puttering along on a couple of cylinders. Sure they were
noisy,
>>slow and vibrating so much you could see it from outside, but they
were still
>>going and in everyday use with most of the engine defunct. Imagine a
piece of
>>japanese technowizardry doing that. Hell, even if a valve sticks the
damn
>>things commmit hara kiri!!!!!!! Prima Donna bloody vehicles >:-[

Mika Olavi Elmeranta

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
Michael Davis (mda...@fore.com) wrote:
: I was just in Helsinki and up to Jyvaskyla, just about 2 months ago.

: One of the reasons that there is not an abundance of newer cars in Finland
: is because they have a 130% tax on new cars. However, the Ford cars, seem
: to be doing OK. I rode in one 10 yr. old Escort, that had 130K kilometers
: on it (Hard kilos, with many of the gravel roads) , and it was doing fine.

The tax is a bitch, but the sales are rising again. Ford doing good?
The best selling car at the moment is Opel (Astra) with VW coming behind
(I think). Opposed to the Toyota/Nissan leading the sales a few years
back (High Yen and import tolls on Japanise cars dropped their sales
a LOT.)

: In Helsinki, American muscle cars are quite the rave, and you are really
: someone special if you are cruising around in a Corvette, talking on your
: digital mobile phone.

I've allways though the Helsinkians were a bit strange... ;)

Seriously though, I don't think Corvettes are concidered that special
for it's price, more because people don't tend to complement the Corvette's
winter driveability. (Something like 225 winter tires and rwd? Yeah, slip!)
They're wondering why on earth some people would get a high powered rwd
car in country that has long winters and short summers. (Like I have... ;)
It's not a Corvette, though.)

Last weekend's saldo in one hour's driving in a 130.000 person city (Turku):

5 Corvettes, one convertible Porche, one 944 Porche, one 300ZX TT, 2 Supras,
one brand new XJ6, two 750 BMWs, one 850 BMW, assorted MBs, one Z28,
(running out of memory...)
Were not doing THAT bad, now are we... Oh! And lots of cellular phones. ;)
(Yes, I do check out other peoples cars...)

And what's this thing about mobile phones? When every 9th or 8th person
in ten has a mobile phone, it's not that uncommon to see.
(Even with people that don't have CARS.)
Go NOKIA!!!!

: >And even so, I doubt weather you have even half the amount of bikes
: >and pedestrians to worry about as we have in Europe.

: With the exception of Sweden and Germany, which often have bike lanes, I
: have seen more bikes on the road here in America. Inside the cities, I
: would say that the pedestrian problem is even, or less difficult in Europe,
: because there are fewer cars many places in Europe.

: >>: The yanks HAVE to keep their gas prices low, otherwise they couldn't

: >>: afford to fuel their big gassucking cars......

: The difference is gasoline prices, is mainly due to the exorbitant taxes in
: Europe, but that does not stop the people who like to drive powerful cars.

Over a buck per litre? Hasn't stopped me from driving yet.
(And the hits keep coming... ;) )

I wonder how the car owners that have large engined European cars feel like?
(That 500SEL just guzzles and guzzles... ;) )

BTW, if you really wanna see a Finn with his mouth open, drive a convertible
Lada... ;-)

| These Views Are Mine, My Country's And It's Inhabitants. |
| If You Don't Agree, You _WILL_ Be Shot/Hanged/Burned_On_The_Stake. |
| And Not Necessarily In That Order... |
| -Mika Elmeranta - mik...@propus.tkk.utu.fi |

Steve Moonitz

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
jg...@torolab.vnet.ibm.com (Jeff Goss) wrote:

> M> The Finns would be speaking Deutsch like the French if not for the US
> M> of A. <<<<--- This statement says it all.....
>

> Yes it does say all, all about the pitiful state of the American
> eduataion system.

Perhaps you meant education (usually, I wouldn't point out spelling
errors, but you were talking about people not being educated and that
includes learning how to spell).

> Spend some time reading WWII history not written by
> an American and you might catch a glimmer of the truth, no wait, all
> your info came from John Wayne movies...

And the person posting this hates Americans and American products so much
that he works for that quintessentially American company: IBM! Put your
money where your mouth is--go into your boss's office right now and tell
him you refuse to work for a horrible American company one minute longer.
Hope you enjoy unemployment.

L8tr,

Steve | When in doubt, gas itŠ
'92 Ducati 900ss | It may not solve the problem,
AMA #271481 | but it ends the suspense
DoD #2319 CC #006
My employer isn't responsible for the opinions above; I'm not completely responsible, period.

Aurora

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
I found THIS in my mailbox...I've added some replies myself...

>You s'hould learn how to punctuate correctly, s'uperior pers'on.

Maybe, just maybe English isn't my native language..... this is
considered lame.....very lame

>: Well.....Most 'euro' styled yank cars haven't got this (Escort, old

>: Scorpio, Fiesta), but the 'typical' US car as seen in Europe (the
>: so-called pimpmobiles) DOES shake violently after a had brake....
>
>: I don't know if recent models still do this though.....
>

>Maybe you s'hould get s'ome newer American car's in Europe, then. We
>haven't made the kind of car's you des'cribe in 20 year's. Do WE
>compare the latest U.S. car's with 20-year-old S'aabs and BMW's?

READ BEFORE YOU WRITE! I NEVER said you STILL made 'em.....Besides, 20
year old Saabs and BMWs are VERY similar in driving compared to their
current models....

>Of cours'e, unfair bas'hing work's fine when it goe's in one direction.

There never WAS bashing, fuckbrain

>Boy, you people drive like Amerikan hick's. What if there's s'omeone around
>that corner you can't s'ee and you HIT them? And s'ince your car's have
>s'uperior s'us'pens'ion, you'll FEEL the body!

If you pay attention to what's happening around you in traffic, you
won't hit anyone going around corners....

And even so, I doubt weather you have even half the amount of bikes
and pedestrians to worry about as we have in Europe.

>: The yanks HAVE to keep their gas prices low, otherwise they couldn't

>: afford to fuel their big gassucking cars......
>

>Um, 'Ror, when was the last time you were in Amerika? The day's of >thirty-foot Lincoln's are gone. And Amerikan car's get about the s'ame >mileage as Japanes'e and European car's.

Never know a joke when you see one? geez, you're real flamebait....

>Get a hold of s'ome recent FACT'S before you hit that "p" button on your
>new's reader.

1st....my newsreader doesn't HAVE a 'p' button....
2nd....I never said I stated recent facts....I even said those were

some of the problems US cars HAD
3rd....Spelling flames are considered VERY lame.....I'm thinking about
posting this to the apropriate newsgroups

And I did...
Aurora

David A. Morning

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
(Aaron Gross) wrote:

> In <Pine.OSF.3.91.95082...@odin.cbu.edu> Indian Outlaw
> <bvau...@odin.cbu.edu> writes:
> >
> > Talk all you want about our cars, but don't mess with the people
> >of the greatest country in the world, The United States.
>

> The Finns would be speaking Deutsch like the French if not for the US

> of A.

I was wondering how long it would be before someone posted this old chestnut.
So tell us, when did the US free Finland? Can't seem to recall American jeeps
rolling through Helsinki somehow...

Bob Larson

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
Adam L (ad...@gate.net) wrote:
: Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but only the NEWEST
: firebirds/camaros had any sort of impressive technology under the
: hood. And even the LT-1 isn't a miracle of engineering, it's just a
: well-tuned V8. Of course, I won't deny that I don't like the "jesus
: I think my brain just oozed out the back of my skull" acceleration of
: the Z28s, but it's a bit overdue.

Regarding the LT1: Simple, reliable, effective, efficient, massively torquey,
extremely affordable, undeniably fun. Just the right amount of modern
technology to perfect what was never really broken, and one of GM's
finest achievements.

Do we really need yet another VTEC Miller Cycle Quadruple OHC Twin Turbo
multivalve 8000RPM engine that couldn't pull the skin off a pudding below
3000 revs? I owned an '88 Vette followed by a '90 Mitsu Eclipse GSX Turbo.
Of course the Vette was much faster all around. But the really surprising
thing was that the Eclipse could never touch the gas mileage I got in
my Vette (19mpg vs. 21), even though it was lighter, had half as many cylinders
and nearly 2/3 less displacement, and probably about half as much rubber
touching the road.

Now that I get my speed kicks from bikes, I have a relatively sedate
'95 Chrysler Sebring (with the Mitsubishi-made 2.5 V6 24V) which serves its
intended function as a not-too-expensive yet comfortable (for 4 people)
highway car that can also get around a twisty road with reasonable composure.
A nice, modern, competent engine, but it's no LT1.

Regarding the original post here: that kind of thinking is at least 5 years
out of date. Is that the state of your country's grip on current events?
One word: Loser.

+
/^,-
(; D _> Bob Larson..DoD#1711..bobl@honshu.ho.att.com..1994 Suzuki RF600R
,"\)'
"Roberts ... are rarely playful; they can be persnickety
and occasionally impossible. Bob is not only possible, he
+ is highly probable."
--David Rensin & Bill Zehme, "The Bob Book"

Morris W. O'Kelly

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In article <418o9t$e...@eldborg.rhi.hi.is>,

Thor Eysteinsson <tho...@rhi.hi.is> wrote:
>In <d4f9h...@freenet.hut.fi>
> jav...@freenet.hut.fi (Javier) writes in a fit of anger:
>> Are
>>American roads so bad that the suspension has to be so soft that you feel
>>like you're on a boat? You could run over a human body and not notice.

>Excuse me, but isn´t a good suspension a very important aspect of a good
>car? A ride in a very expensive Mercedes on a German autobahn at 200 km/h
>prooved to me that German engineers emphasize the importance of a good
>suspension.

He has a valid point, although things have gotten much better in recent
years. Some cars have suspensions so soft that you feel disconnected from
the road. Not good if you enjoy /driving/ instead of just floating along.

A good suspension doesn't just mean that you feel no sensation of
movement ever.

> Are Americans so weak that the power steering has to make the
>>wheel easier to turn than the radio volume control? You could use one finger
>
>That is interesting, my German car does not have power steering, but that
>is because it is a cheap model. Wouldn´t mind having power steering,
>though...The more expensive models have it, and it is worth the money.

Decent power steering is great, but if it's overdone, you lose a lot of
your feeling of control.

>They DO have corners, but why do you want to corner at 30 km/h? What is
>the big rush? My German car probably WOULD roll over at that speed. The

This depends a great deal on the car and tires, but that can be quite a
leisurely pace. I don't think it's dangerously fast on clean, dry
pavement if your tires are any good and you're in a decent car. My tires
don't even squeal if I take a corner at 25 mph (40 km/h).

>American system of measurement is odd but has benefits. For instance, you
>can buy one gallon of gasoline in the USA for less than the prize of one
>liter in Europe.

>Nothing "uncivilized" about that, is it? (one gallon is three liters for
>uncivilized Finns, both gasoline and vodka).

Insane European gas prices are due to the high taxes, although I
genuinely hope you're kidding. (hard to tell - there are those people
that think pounds measures mass or grams weight, for example). :)

There are 3.785 liters in a gallon (0.946 in a quart. So for quick
approximations you can consider a liter and a quart equal.

>I agree with this about automatic transmission, but the Japanese and
>Europeans also produce this "idiocy", and sell it to European, including
>Finnish idiots. Sheer idiocy, I agree with you.

Automatics are much less common in Europe. They're common in the US
because in general, we are lazy, stupid, and we think of driving rather
casually. The car is an appliance. There is no reason to pay attention
while driving, use the proper lanes, or turn signals. The majority of
drivers can't drive a stick.

>> It's a shame that such a bunch of idiots consider themselves
>>superior just because they spend all the money that should be used for
>>education and health care on the military.
>

>to cars. By spending all this money on defense in Europe and Japan, the
>idiotic Yanks gave these ungrateful bastards the opportunity to produce
>cars without fear of invasion or nuclear war, and spend money on health
>and education, and very little (near nothing in the case of Japan) on
>defense. Not very smart, and absolutely no reason for a superiority complex.

I believe our justification for it is that we stopped the evil communists
from taking over those countries. I am not sure if it is something we are
proud of or not - I'm not even sure if most of us are aware of it.
Looking at cars, it's a good thing. American companies have gotten
better to compete with the uality imports.

The *vast* majority of the money spent on defense, and the majority of all
the money the US government spends, is completely wasted. Perhaps it is
evidence that too large a government cannot survive and run well for too
long. Though I think if more of us gave a damn and had a clue things
would be just a bit better.

--
sh...@netcom.com

Scott Gennari

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
Javier (jav...@freenet.hut.fi) wrote:
: cars you wouldn't think so. The car feels like it will roll over if you try
: to corner over about 30 km/h (that's 20 mph for you uncivilized yanks that
: remain the only country to cling to an outdated system of measurement that
: has no reason to it).

Libya also uses this outdated system. Sheesh. Go spear a whale or something.

Scott Gennari

University of Hawaii voice (808) 956 5392
Dept. of Information & Computer Sciences fax (808) 956 9399
2565 The Mall, Keller 304A
Honolulu, HI 96822 email gen...@Hawaii.Edu

Michael Davis

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
Sorry I didn't see the beginning of this thread, but I get the basic idea...

I was just in Helsinki and up to Jyvaskyla, just about 2 months ago.

>>Maybe you s'hould get s'ome newer American car's in Europe, then. We

One of the reasons that there is not an abundance of newer cars in Finland

is because they have a 130% tax on new cars. However, the Ford cars, seem
to be doing OK. I rode in one 10 yr. old Escort, that had 130K kilometers
on it (Hard kilos, with many of the gravel roads) , and it was doing fine.

In Helsinki, American muscle cars are quite the rave, and you are really

someone special if you are cruising around in a Corvette, talking on your
digital mobile phone.

>And even so, I doubt weather you have even half the amount of bikes
>and pedestrians to worry about as we have in Europe.

With the exception of Sweden and Germany, which often have bike lanes, I

have seen more bikes on the road here in America. Inside the cities, I
would say that the pedestrian problem is even, or less difficult in Europe,

because there are fewer cars many places in Europe.

>>: The yanks HAVE to keep their gas prices low, otherwise they couldn't
>>: afford to fuel their big gassucking cars......

The difference is gasoline prices, is mainly due to the exorbitant taxes in

Dan J. Declerck

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In article <41a6j6$i...@worldxs.worldaccess.nl>, Aurora <aur...@hacom.nl> wrote:

>>Excuse me, but isn´t a good suspension a very important aspect of a good
>>car? A ride in a very expensive Mercedes on a German autobahn at 200 km/h
>>prooved to me that German engineers emphasize the importance of a good
>>suspension.
>
>Indeed, GOOD suspension is critical. But you can overdo it, as the
>yank's have often done.

The last guy I met from the Nordic countries wanted to take all kinds of
pictures of my car, because he had never seen a car with a 5.0L engine.
He was quite impressed with 225VR60/15 tires, and that I only paid
$12,600 for it, NEW!

I think the differences between Euro-spec cars and US cars are due to
differences in the marketplace. The U.S. has a lot of stoplights, and
it seems that americans love cars with torquey motors to get them from
one stoplight to the next. Since there aren't that many corners, as
opposed to stoplights, it's easy to see why the design emphasis is
on the Engine, as opposed to the suspension.

>>> After
>>>hard braking, the car shakes violently for a few seconds like an amusement
>>>park ride.
>
>>Never noticed this.
>

>Well.....Most 'euro' styled yank cars haven't got this (Escort, old
>Scorpio, Fiesta), but the 'typical' US car as seen in Europe (the
>so-called pimpmobiles) DOES shake violently after a had brake....

hmmmm maybe it is because the have anti-lock brakes??

>I don't know if recent models still do this though.....
>

>>They DO have corners, but why do you want to corner at 30 km/h? What is
>>the big rush? My German car probably WOULD roll over at that speed. The

>>American system of measurement is odd but has benefits. For instance, you
>>can buy one gallon of gasoline in the USA for less than the prize of one
>>liter in Europe.
>

>30 kmph isn't THAT fast......it's deadslow actually...
>

>>Nothing "uncivilized" about that, is it? (one gallon is three liters for
>>uncivilized Finns, both gasoline and vodka).
>

>The yanks HAVE to keep their gas prices low, otherwise they couldn't
>afford to fuel their big gassucking cars......
>

>Aurora

This is quite true. I also like the styling (especially the interiors) of
US cars. I'm kind of biased, since I grew up in Detroit.
The european and japanese styling concepts sort of baffle me,
especially the interiors. European makers, especially Porsche, tend
to make the interior very spartan, with guages and controls in funny
places.

IF I had the ultimate car, the engine and interior would be designed by a U.S.
Manufacturer, the transmission by a German manufacturer, suspension
by the germans, styling by the Italians, and assembled by the Japanese..

On Motorcycles (the was posted to rec.moto, was it not??) the europeans
have no clue (short of maybe Cagiva/Ducati) about motorcycles.
In fact they absurdly limit their machines to a very slow 100HP.

The Japanese virtually own the sport-bike market, since their technology,
quality, and price are some of the best in the industry.

-Dan

--
=> Dan DeClerck | EMAIL: decl...@cig.mot.com <=
=> Motorola Cellular CSD | <=

Michael Davis

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95

>>: Well.....Most 'euro' styled yank cars haven't got this (Escort, old

>>: Scorpio, Fiesta), but the 'typical' US car as seen in Europe (the
>>: so-called pimpmobiles) DOES shake violently after a had brake....
>>
>>: I don't know if recent models still do this though.....

>>Maybe you s'hould get s'ome newer American car's in Europe, then. We
>>haven't made the kind of car's you des'cribe in 20 year's. Do WE
>>compare the latest U.S. car's with 20-year-old S'aabs and BMW's?

>>: The yanks HAVE to keep their gas prices low, otherwise they couldn't

>>: afford to fuel their big gassucking cars......
>>

>>Um, 'Ror, when was the last time you were in Amerika? The day's of >thirty-foot Lincoln's are gone. And Amerikan car's get about=

Mika Olavi Elmeranta

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
Stephen Eisenstein (ste...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: In <d4f9h...@freenet.hut.fi> jav...@freenet.hut.fi (Javier) writes:

: What is your problem???

Propably you... ;)

: Sorry you feel that way you bitter, ignorant, envious a**h***.
: Americans saved your butts in WWII - without us you would be speaking
: German!!! We gave up our comforts and a great many of our young men to
: accomplish that. Maybe we wasted our time on jealous twits like you.
: What cars does Finland produce anyway???????????

You didn't save squat. Finland was never in war with Germany, not
before the peace between Finland and Russia required that the Finns
drive the germans out of Finland. (IE when the remaining Germans burned
much of Lapland when they retreated before the Finnish forces.)

It's nice of you to send your troops everywhere in the world and put
your noses in every crack and cranny, but tell me, when was the
last time somebody invaded US ground? I mean the continental USA?
Don't give me any crap about Hawai, which you stole from a bunch of
badly armed natives. (Maybe everyone is soooo afraid of you? Right.)

You're so nicely safe over the big sea over there, that you can just
send invading forces to every little coutry that doesn't dance to your
song. I don't say that some of them didn't deserve it, but its beginning
to look a little ridiculous. (From Vietnam to the Bay of Pigs to Haiti
and Somalia ("U.N." operation. Yeah, right.))

Now, what I'm wanting to say, with a VERY round about way, is that
you check your facts before replying to someone's flamebait, or
don't reply... Let us do our thing over here, and you do yours.
But don't expect someone to that you for nothing, not in this world.
(You did some nice moves in the post-war politics, but I really didn't
like the cold war. But that's not your fault, not really, now is it?)

About cars, try the Opel Calibra and Saab 900 Cabrio.
(+ SISU trucks of course...)

Most Finns (and Scandinavians for that)
feel "hostile" about American cars because they're usually not
so good in the Scandinavian weather. (Not that the US doesn't have
snow and cold weather.) And most of these same people feel that
the American cars are "sluggish", we seem to like "firm" cars.
(Read: cars that don't wobble when driving, and don't go up and down
like boats in harsh weather after a bumb in the road. I do know that
has changed somewhat on most cases, but I still can't supress a grin
when seeing a Caprice Estate jumping by. ;) )

Automatics are turn-offs for some people too. (Like me.)
(If your car can't overtake with the fifth gear at 80km/h, better
drive behind the other car.) You lose too much performance and the
feeling of driveability with an automatic. I consider Mercedes the
only car I'm comfortable driving as an automatic.

But all this is like telling Germans (and Finns for that matter)
that they shouln't like beer because there's Whisky.
Each to their own...

: We were just doing some comparisons the other night, boy. If we drive
: across the state of Texas from Orange to El Paso (882 MILES!!!) we will
: cover the same distance as going through 6-8 COUNTRIES over there - not
: one state. How often do you drive that kind of distance??? I am in
: favor of the metric system - but to think of having to go 1411
: kilometers would be too depressing - the sun has riz the sun has set
: and I ain't out of Texas yet!!!

Well... At least we're still independent, unlike the UNITED States... ;)
(What I mean is, that we're not one bloody Europe. At least not yet. ;) )
(^^ Flamebait for every expansionist... ;) ^^)

What's this "boy" attitude anyway, you think you're the "big brother"?

If you want to get out of Texas, just keep on driving though...
(I could't, for the life of me, think of any use for all that sand and
stuff you people have in Texas. The oil maybe, but the sand? ;) )

| These Views Are Mine, My Country's And It's Inhabitants. |

| If You Don't Agree, You _WILL_ Be Shot/Hanged/Burned_At_The_Stake. |

Charles N Horton

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
[large amounts of overgeneralized spam deleted]

>> Then you guys sent millions of troops in to rape
the populace (be they man woman or sheep)

Riiiiiiiight - and the Nazis got wind of it and all decided to shoot themselves,
right? Just like in the Pacific, where we secretly bought the Phillipines from
Japan and didn't lose a single man there either!

Sorry to be so sarcastic, but this type of ignorance offends me, especially
because I suspect that Mr. Goss would like America to send more Americans in
to fight in, er, "rape" Bosnia/Somalia/etc.

Chuck

Adam Neil Villani

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In article <DDo2H...@news.hawaii.edu>,

Scott Gennari <gen...@news.Hawaii.Edu> wrote:
>Javier (jav...@freenet.hut.fi) wrote:
>: cars you wouldn't think so. The car feels like it will roll over if you try
>: to corner over about 30 km/h (that's 20 mph for you uncivilized yanks that
>: remain the only country to cling to an outdated system of measurement that
>: has no reason to it).
>
>Libya also uses this outdated system. Sheesh. Go spear a whale or something.

Also, Europeans may not realize this, but the streets and boulevards in
many American cities are actually laid out in an orderly, regular fashion,
with blocks often an even fraction of a mile long, and major streets
often every 1/2 mile or mile. "Gee, what a coincidence, there's a major
street every .804672 kilometers here! How convenient!"

The old system of units serves us just fine, thank you. Don't worry, we
use cgs or mks when doing science.

Andy Mac

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
<SNIP>

<snip-iddy-snip>

<snip-o-tron activated>

Ho Hum

<Snippety Snip>

La la la laaa...

<Snip>

<snippy, snippy, snippy the bush...la la la>

Hmmm... and what do we have.... TA - DA .... Nothing... Hurrah !

'mercins -3 (lots of shouting, World war refs, general silliness)
Finns 1 (an amusing troll using a large obvious Hook)
Iceland 2 (sane, sensible, but witty..)
Blighty 6 (naturally.!)

[Andy]

http://metro.turnpike.net/S/spoon/index.html

"malignant with the mis-conception that a grunt can gleam"

Steve Moonitz

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
st...@rosie.uh.edu (Steinkoenig, Marc J.) wrote:

**a whole bunch of drivel, now snipped**

> Well, I guess if I can be mistaken for
> English, I can be mistaken for anything...

Anything but intelligent.

Steve Moonitz

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
de...@datamon.demon.co.uk (Dean Bubley) wrote:

> True, but then GM also used to own Lotus, and Ford owns Jaguar and Aston
Martin.
> Barring a couple of bits & pieces, they're still British.

So was the Titanic...point??

> And, to be honest, I'd
> rather have an Aston than anything from elsewhere in the US or Europe

So, what US $165,000 cars from the United States are you comparing with
the Aston?

Steve Moonitz

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
jg...@torolab.vnet.ibm.com (Jeff Goss) wrote:

> you guys sent millions of troops in to rape

> the populace (be they man woman or sheep).

The raping the sheep bit really pisses off the Canucks and the Brits
because they didn't get to do it first.

Message has been deleted

Jason B. Hodges

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95

> On Sun, 20 Aug 1995, Javier forgot his Prozac and wrote:
>
> > American cars are the biggest pieces of crap I've ever had the
> > misfortune to drive. Why is it that yanks seem to have problems building a

Did ANY of you EVER thing that the reason this person wrote this flame
bait was just for that? Just to get as MANY flame responses as
possible. I mean he did post it to 12 newsgroups. All this discussion
is doing is taking up space in the newsgroups and being a real
annoyance. The best way to get back at this really immature Finlander(?)
is to not respond and ignore him in the future. If he had something
important to say, he would have brought it up with actual evidence behind
it as well and not just generalizations.

Jason

...it won't mean a thing in 100 years...

Magnus Barber

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
pi...@deltanet.com (Alexander Lygin) wrote:

> >What is your problem???

> >Sorry you feel that way you bitter, ignorant, envious a**h***.
> >Americans saved your butts in WWII - without us you would be speaking
> >German!!! We gave up our comforts and a great many of our young men to
>

> What about Russia? I think you do a mistake here. America DID help Russia after
> end of 1942. Go to a library and read some about it. How many American troops were
> in Euroupe before 1943? How many Americans died in WWII comparing to Russians?
>
> Sincerely,
> Alexander.

Alexander, I'm sorry, but what is YOUR problem?
Maybe europe would have lost without the US of A, but US suffered
diddly squat compared to Europe! Now come on: comparing the human
losses of the Us and the USSR is almost obscene! The Russians lost
incredible amounts of people. Take your own advice: go to a library!

Alexander Lygin

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In article <419q16$2...@bcarh8ab.bnr.ca>, Magnus Barber <J.M.B...@bnr.co.uk> says:

>pi...@deltanet.com (Alexander Lygin) wrote:
>
>> >What is your problem???
>> >
>> >Sorry you feel that way you bitter, ignorant, envious a**h***.
>> >Americans saved your butts in WWII - without us you would be speaking
>> >German!!! We gave up our comforts and a great many of our young men to
>>
>> What about Russia? I think you do a mistake here. America DID help Russia after
>> end of 1942. Go to a library and read some about it. How many American troops were
>> in Euroupe before 1943? How many Americans died in WWII comparing to Russians?
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Alexander.
>
>Alexander, I'm sorry, but what is YOUR problem?

Just putting things right.

>Maybe europe would have lost without the US of A, but US suffered
>diddly squat compared to Europe! Now come on: comparing the human
>losses of the Us and the USSR is almost obscene! The Russians lost
>incredible amounts of people. Take your own advice: go to a library!

God, I've been studying it for two years in school (I'm from Republic Of Georgia, FSU).
There I was taught about how great USSR was, especially in WWII. But after that I read
several books that offered another point of view - about original plan to conquer Europe by USSR.
They would succeeded (good they have not!!!) if Hitler did not strike first. If America didn't enter
their troops in Europe after 43 (don't remember exact year) and didn't advance up to Berlin,
USSR army would go farther and greater part of Europe would know what socialism is. USSR army
didn't go further than Berlin because of America. It's true. But I think that this discussion goes out of
CA.DRIVING - if you want to discuss more, write me.

Sincerely,
Alexander.

George Succi

Aug 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/21/95
In article <d4f9h...@freenet.hut.fi>, jav...@freenet.hut.fi (Javier) says:

> American cars are the biggest pieces of crap I've ever had the
>misfortune to drive. Why is it that yanks seem to have problems building a
>car that'll go a reasonable amount of time without something breaking?

By the yanks comment, I'll guess this guy is British.

As I recall, the jaguar (now a Ford), the triumph and the MG are not
noted for reliability (cold shudder as I mention MG and reliability
in the same paragraph).

A Bose-Einstein condensate, now that's really cool

It is loading more messages.