Computer codes for 91 Dodge Spirit

Dong

Jun 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/27/97

Hi, the computer codes for my 91 Dodge Spirit are 12, 36 and 55, does
anybody know what do they mean?

William Duffy

Jun 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/28/97
to Dong

Dong wrote:

> Hi, the computer codes for my 91 Dodge Spirit are 12, 36 and 55, does
> anybody know what do they mean?

I have a manual for my '90 Acclaim (approx same car)

code 12 = direct battery input to controller disconnected within the last 50 key-ins.
code 36 = an open or shorted condition detected in the turbocharger wastegate
control solenoid circuit (turbo 1) OR VNT #3 solenoid circuit (turbo 4)
code 55 = completion of fault code display

If your car has a turbo engine, the wastegate solenoid needs replacement. The part
costs about $20. You probably have a turbo 1 engine (no intercooler).

regards,

Bill Duffy

Jack Arluck

Jul 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/1/97

For everyone's info., here is a list of Fault Codes for the Chrysler
Computers. As far as I know, all Chryslers use the same Fault Codes, so
these should work on every model (I have an '86 Dodge and my mom has a '95
and they has worked on both) Hope this is useful to everyone; it's done me
some good. Oh, and don't ask me to translate the tech. language: that's
just how it is writen on my paper. Sorry.

Code 11: On 1985 and later models - Engine not cranked since battery was
disconnected
12: Memory standby power lost
13: MAP sensor pneumatic circuit*
14: MAP sensor electrical system*
15: Vehicle Speed Sensor Circuit
16: Lose of battery voltage systme (1985 and later)
17: Engine is running to cool
21: Oxygen sensor (O2) sensor unit
22: Coolant temperature sensor circuit*
23: Charge temperature sensor circuit (1985 and later)
24: Throttle position sensor circuit*
25: Automatic Idle Speed (AIS) control circuit
26: No. 1 injector circuit (1985 and later)
27: No. 2 injector circuit (1985 and later)
31: Canister purge solenoid circuit (1986 - 86) EGR/Purge solenoid circuit
(1987 and later)
32: Power loss lamp circuit (1985 models only)
33: A/C wide cut out relay circuit
34: Problem in the EGR solenoid circuit (1985- 86). Speed control
malfunction (1987 models)
35: Fan control relay circuit
36: Wastegate solenoid circuit (1985 and later).*
37: Barometric read solenoid circuit (1985 and later).
41: Charging system excess or no field circuit.
42: Automatic shutdown relay driver (ASD) circuit.
43: Spark interface (internal) circuits
44: Indicate battery temperature is out of range on 1985 and later models
45: Overboost shut-off circuit.*
46: Battery voltage too high.*
47: Battery voltage too low.
51: Closed loop fuel system problem. On 1985 and later models have the 02
signal stuck at the lean position.
52: On 1985 and later models have 02 signal stuck at the rich position.
53: Logic module problem or failure.
54: Distributor sync pick-up circuit.
55: mean "end of message"

NOTE: * indicates the power loss/limited lamp is on.

Dong <h...@GAMMA.IS.TCU.EDU> wrote in article
<Pine.PMDF.3.91.970627...@GAMMA.IS.TCU.EDU>...