Williamson Resources:

rrus...@hotmail.com

Jan 11, 2012, 7:55:03 PM1/11/12
I came up with this for a web site, which shall go nameless, whose
comment section would not take it:

Williamson Resources:
http://www.clarisonus.com/Archives/Amp_Design/Williamson%201952%20The%20Williamson%20Amplifier.pdf

Reprint of "The Williamson Amplifier: Articles reprinted from
'Wireless World', Second Edition, Iliffe, 3s/6d Net"

http://www.clarisonus.com/Archives/Trans/Acro55.pdf

Reprint of (1955?) Acro transformer catalog with commentary as
described!

http://www.radiomuseum.org/protect-path.cfm?kind=P1&image_id=61&pdf=the_williamson_amplifier.pdf
Alternate copy of original reprint as above.

http://www.chimeralabs.com/williamsmod.html

Commentary on Williamson issues and proposed mods. Reasonably good.

http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/jasiu/eka/wil/willimp.pdf
http://www.frihu.com/content/diy/rc-filter/williamson_verstaerker.pdf
(A clearer copy)
Contemporary article, "Improving the Williamson Amplifier", Talbot M.
Wright. Useful.

http://www.keith-snook.info/Articles-for-the-Web/Williamson-Amplifier-1949/Williamson%20WW%201949.pdf
Another version of the original article: readable.

http://dalmura.com.au/projects/Williamson.php

Australian site with extensive links list.

http://www.technicalaudio.com/pdf/Gordon_Clark_folder/Acrosound_reprint_Radio_and_Television_News_Williamson_6550.pdf
1950s article.

http://www.stan-white.com/a_doc_Williamson.htm

Stan White was an audio pioneer whose work was published in the
"Audio Anthologies" which all serious tube buffs should possess. He's
a bit of a crank too: nevertheless this exposition is useful as an
overview, although it contains information with which I certainly do
not agree.

http://www.technicalaudio.com/pdf/Gordon_Clark_folder/Stancor_Ultra-Linear_Williamson_Amplifier_w_A-8072_xfmr.pdf
Stancor literature on building a "Willy" with their transformers. As
Jimmy Durante said, EVERYBODY "wanted to get into da act". All the
transformer makers had suitable iron and literature promoting same.

http://www.alinden.mynetcologne.de/mc/amplifiers.pdf
"Amplifiers and Superlatives", a reply to 'American' (i.e. Sarser and
Sprinkle) claims.

http://greygum.net/sbench/sbench101/TubeMisc/fb_faq7.txt
Stability discussion of a modified Williamson design

Let none of the above be taken as an endorsement of the Willy as a
modern construction project.

Roger Jones

Jan 11, 2012, 10:56:30 PM1/11/12
On Jan 11, 7:55 pm, rruss...@hotmail.com wrote:
> I came up with this for a web site, which shall go nameless, whose
> comment section would not take it:
>
> Williamson Resources:http://www.clarisonus.com/Archives/Amp_Design/Williamson%201952%20The...
>
> Reprint of "The Williamson Amplifier: Articles reprinted from
> 'Wireless World', Second Edition, Iliffe, 3s/6d Net"
>
> http://www.clarisonus.com/Archives/Trans/Acro55.pdf
>
> Reprint of (1955?) Acro transformer catalog with commentary as
> described!
>
> http://www.radiomuseum.org/protect-path.cfm?kind=P1&image_id=61&pdf=t...
> Alternate copy of original reprint  as above.
>
> http://www.chimeralabs.com/williamsmod.html
>
>  Commentary on Williamson issues and proposed mods. Reasonably good.
>
> http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/jasiu/eka/wil/willimp.pdfhttp://www.frihu.com/content/diy/rc-filter/williamson_verstaerker.pdf
> (A clearer copy)
>  Contemporary article, "Improving the Williamson Amplifier", Talbot M.
> Wright. Useful.
>
> http://www.keith-snook.info/Articles-for-the-Web/Williamson-Amplifier...
> Another version of the original article: readable.
>
> http://dalmura.com.au/projects/Williamson.php
>
> Australian site with extensive links list.
>
> http://www.technicalaudio.com/pdf/Gordon_Clark_folder/Acrosound_repri...
> 1950s article.
>
> http://www.stan-white.com/a_doc_Williamson.htm
>
>  Stan White was an audio pioneer whose work was published in the
> "Audio Anthologies" which all serious tube buffs should possess. He's
> a bit of a crank too: nevertheless this exposition is useful as an
> overview, although it contains information with which I certainly do
> not agree.
>
> http://www.technicalaudio.com/pdf/Gordon_Clark_folder/Stancor_Ultra-L...
> Stancor literature on building a "Willy" with their transformers. As
> Jimmy Durante said, EVERYBODY "wanted to get into da act". All the
> transformer makers had suitable iron and literature promoting same.
>
> http://www.alinden.mynetcologne.de/mc/amplifiers.pdf
> "Amplifiers and Superlatives", a reply to 'American' (i.e. Sarser and
> Sprinkle) claims.
>
> http://greygum.net/sbench/sbench101/TubeMisc/fb_faq7.txt
> Stability discussion of a modified Williamson design
>
> Let none of the above be taken as an endorsement of the Willy as a
> modern construction project.

Great set of references, thanks. All bookmarked.
Will read cover to cover when I get the time!
Cheers,
Roger

rrus...@hotmail.com

Jan 26, 2012, 12:05:15 AM1/26/12
I would add that Heyboer is making a clone of the Peerless S-265-Q
which is the most common transformer used in US versions of the
amplifier.