This is the real Swamp

ScottW

Oct 24, 2016, 10:51:29 AM10/24/16
http://observer.com/2016/10/no-consequences-from-media-peers-for-reporters-caught-colluding-with-hillary/

They think you're all fools and tools best left unaware and kept compliant.

Are they right?

ScottW

ScottW

Oct 24, 2016, 11:16:11 AM10/24/16

"ScottW" <Scot...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
and a little more truth on the depth and breadth of the greatest conspiracy
against American democracy ever conceived.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-23/new-podesta-email-exposes-dem-playbook-rigging-polls-through-oversamples

If the democrat party was a collegiate football team caught cheating at this
level....they'd get a lifetime ban from bowl eligibility.

But the compliant and unaware public will just wonder why their country
continues to decline.
And Australian gays will wonder why America can't save them.

ScottW

MiNe109

Oct 24, 2016, 12:35:55 PM10/24/16

A sordid collection of ists

Oct 24, 2016, 1:34:32 PM10/24/16
Every poll starts with a guess. The sample.

A +10 dem sample results in approx a +10 result for Clinton

+5 dem, +5 approx for Clinton

Even sample results in approx a tied race.

It makes sense. So the question is this. Who will turn out to vote?

On a personal observation, I drive around a lot. I see almost no lawn signs. A very few for Trump. And I have only seen 1 Hillary sign in the pat two weeks. And I do a lot of city driving in Zbaltimore where you see no signs at all

In the close in burbs I see a lot more local signs, Senste, Congress, judges, than I see for President.

Jennifer Martin

Oct 24, 2016, 4:16:06 PM10/24/16
That would be DemocratIC.

A sordid collection of ists

Oct 24, 2016, 5:04:03 PM10/24/16
I can see that you are a stickler for details. Always crossing those i's, dotting those t's, and capitalizing the last letters of proper nouns.

ScottW

Oct 24, 2016, 5:06:28 PM10/24/16

"Jennifer Martin" <jennco...@gmail.com> wrote in message
With all that is in the world....that's your problem? Seriously?

ScottW

A sordid collection of ists

Oct 24, 2016, 5:08:39 PM10/24/16
That would be seriouslY.

ScottW

Oct 24, 2016, 5:11:13 PM10/24/16

"MiNe109" <pianof...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
The message in your reference is...don't get fooled again.

Of the two candidates....running I put Trump as far less likely to commit to a
foolish war than Hillary.
But that isn't what you're really voting about.
You haven't been capable of a choice like that in probably 40 years.

ScottW

A sordid collection of ists

Oct 24, 2016, 5:16:17 PM10/24/16
What I like about Donald's war policy over Hillarys is that hers is too conventional. Drones, ground troops, carrier task forces, fighter/bombers. Donald would get right down to the nukes, then tweet about it. I gotta respect that.

ScottW

Oct 24, 2016, 5:18:15 PM10/24/16

"A sordid collection of ists" <hootervil...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Every poll starts with a guess. The sample.

Not this election. The polls start with the democrats telling the pollsters to
bias in their favor as it tends to depress turnout for the opposition...
and some weakminded people just want to be on the winning side....
even when that side doesn't thave their best interest on their agenda.

ScottW

ScottW

Oct 24, 2016, 5:24:30 PM10/24/16

>I can see that you are a stickler for details. Always crossing those i's,
>dotting those t's, and capitalizing the last letters of proper nouns.

Too bad she's so clueless about what is really important.

ScottW

A sordid collection of ists

Oct 24, 2016, 5:28:59 PM10/24/16
That's more or less true for the polls of the news organizations, mostly in support of the Dems. The news orgs hire polling consultants, who get called back for more work if the give the wanted results. Even Fox molds their poll towards Clinton, but only because the powers there are anti Trump, not pro Dem.

Polling consultants do their clients' bidding, in order to keep getting more work.

ScottW

Oct 24, 2016, 5:30:42 PM10/24/16

"A sordid collection of ists" <hootervil...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Hillary equates Trumps tweets to a nuclear first strike.
She might try to tweet and blow somebody up inadvertently.

ScottW

ScottW

Oct 24, 2016, 5:39:38 PM10/24/16

"A sordid collection of ists" <hootervil...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I'm not blaming the pollsters....I blame the media/clinton conspiracy machine
for filling american voters heads with so much crap many of them are left
clueless.

The LATimes apparently isn't a friend of Hillary's but when Grey Davis was in
his recall fight....they decided the Ca. voting turnout was going to be 20%
black.
Journalistic integrity is dead. I don't see how real democracy survives for
long without it.

ScottW

Jennifer Martin

Oct 24, 2016, 7:40:21 PM10/24/16
On Monday, October 24, 2016 at 2:04:03 PM UTC-7, A sordid collection of ists wrote:
> I can see that you are a stickler for details. Always crossing those i's, dotting those t's, and capitalizing the last letters of proper nouns.

Democratic isn't a proper noun.

A sordid collection of ists

Oct 24, 2016, 8:31:18 PM10/24/16
Let's look at your point, Jenn

First of all the OP was obviously using it to refer to the Democratic Party, but shortened it for convenience. He capitalized his use.

In your response to him, in correcting the spelling at the end of the word, you also capitalized 'DemocratiC'. Given that both of you capitalized the word, and that it is a short way of referring to the Democratic Party (and not used as an adjective)it is safe to assume it is being used as a proper noun. If not, you would have no cause to capitalize it.

I realize that you are a music professor, not an English (note the cap) professor, so you can be excused for your error.

ScottW

Oct 24, 2016, 11:38:05 PM10/24/16

"A sordid collection of ists" <hootervil...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Her error is sticking her head up her ass to ignore the real point of the post
and going off into la-la land of party borgism while our corrupted democracy
falters ever closer to complete collapse.

ScottW

MiNe109

Oct 25, 2016, 10:10:34 AM10/25/16
On 10/24/16 7:31 PM, A sordid collection of ists wrote:
> First of all the OP was obviously using it to refer to the Democratic
> Party, but shortened it for convenience.

Oh, really? Nothing to do with this?

http://americablog.com/2013/05/why-the-gop-uses-the-epithet-democrat-party.html

A sordid collection of ists

Oct 25, 2016, 10:38:42 AM10/25/16
People who are registered as or aligned with the Republican Party are commonly called Republicans.

People who are registered as or aligned with the Democratic Party are commonly referred to as Democrats. not Democratics.

The term Democrat is widely used by media, it is the common term used in American society. Members of the Democratic Party even commonly refer to them selves as Democrats. Here is Oresident Obama doing just that.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/obama-i-anticipate-my-successor-to-be-a-dem-577149507938

I'm sorry. You just can't take the "rat" out of Democrat, or even Democratic.

MiNe109

Oct 25, 2016, 10:47:54 AM10/25/16
On 10/25/16 9:38 AM, A sordid collection of ists wrote:
> People who are registered as or aligned with the Republican Party are
> commonly called Republicans.
>
> People who are registered as or aligned with the Democratic Party are
> commonly referred to as Democrats. not Democratics.

The reference was to the party, not the members.

> The term Democrat is widely used by media, it is the common term used
> in American society. Members of the Democratic Party even commonly
> refer to them selves as Democrats. Here is Oresident Obama doing just
> that.
>
> http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/obama-i-anticipate-my-successor-to-be-a-dem-577149507938
>
> I'm sorry. You just can't take the "rat" out of Democrat, or even
> Democratic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_Party_(epithet)

http://www.npr.org/sections/ombudsman/2010/03/since_when_did_it_become_the_d.html

ScottW

Oct 25, 2016, 1:24:17 PM10/25/16

"MiNe109" <pianof...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
LoL. Change your name to snowflake party....where any critique is based on
racism.

ScottW

A sordid collection of ists

Oct 25, 2016, 5:04:10 PM10/25/16
The 'Democrat' (slur) bbParty is chock full of 'Democrats' (no slur)

A sordid collection of ists

Oct 25, 2016, 5:05:02 PM10/25/16
Uh oh. I'm sure you meant 'snowflake' as a slur.

Jennifer Martin

Oct 25, 2016, 9:24:57 PM10/25/16
Yes, I capitalized "IC" to show emphasis. Seems pretty easy to understand. "Democratic" is an adjective, used to qualify a noun; the noun being (either overt or understood) "Party". "The history of the term has been a subject of interest to scholars.[1][8][10][11] The Oxford English Dictionary, traces the use of the term back to 1890: "Whether a little farmer from South Carolina named Tillman is going to rule the Democrat Party in America—yet it is this, and not output, on which the proximate value of silver depends."[12] However the term was in use much earlier in the 19th century.[13] For example, in an 1834 story of politics in a small Vermont town as seen through the eyes of a young girl, the American novelist Catharine Maria Sedgwick wrote: "There was a weekly journal published in Carrington, the 'Star' or 'Sun', I forget which, but certainly the ascendant luminary of the democrat party."[14]

Although the term "Democrat Party" prior to the mid-nineteenth century was usually simply a value-neutral synonym for the more common "Democratic Party", after the Civil War and the rise of the modern Republican Party the term "Democrat Party" began to be used occasionally in a derogatory fashion. For example, New Hampshire Republican Congressman (later Senator) Jacob H. Gallinger addressing a gathering of Michigan Republicans in 1889, said "The great Democrat party, laying down the sceptre of power in 1860, after ruling this country under free trade for a quarter of a century, left our treasury bankrupt, and gave as a legacy to the Republican party, a gigantic rebellion and a treasury without a single dollar of money in it."[15]

William Safire studied the partisan use of "Democrat Party" as epithet since the 1940 presidential campaign of Republican Wendell Willkie. Minnesota Governor Harold Stassen, Willkie's campaign manager, explained to Safire his motivation for using the term: Stassen said that because the Democratic Party was at that time partly controlled by undemocratic city bosses—"by Hague in New Jersey, Pendergast in Missouri and Kelly-Nash in Chicago, [it] should not be called a 'Democratic Party.' It should be called the 'Democrat Party.'"[16]

The noun-as-adjective has been used by Republican leaders since the 1940s, and in most GOP national platforms since 1948.[17] By the early 1950s the term was in widespread use among Republicans of all factions.[10] In 1968, Congressional Quarterly reported that at its national convention "the GOP did revert to the epithet of 'Democrat' party. The phrase had been used in 1952 and 1956 but not in 1960."[18]

Use of the term has been a point of contention within the Republican Party. In 1984, when a delegate of the Republican platform committee asked unanimous consent to change a platform amendment to read the Democrat Party instead of Democratic Party, New York Representative Jack Kemp objected, saying that would be "an insult to our Democratic friends" and the committee dropped the proposal.[2] In 1996, the wording throughout the Republican party platform was changed from "Democratic Party" to "Democrat Party": Republican leaders "explained they wanted to make the subtle point that the Democratic Party had become elitist".[19] A proposal to use the term again in the August 2008 Republican Platform for similar reasons was voted down with leaders choosing to use "Democratic Party". "We probably should use what the actual name is," said Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour, the panel's chairman. "At least in writing". (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_Party_%28epithet%29). It's an attempt at insult, made popular again in the 90s by Limbaugh.

As to being "excused" for an "error" due to my academic field, I scoff. Blacking pencils at 20 paces, I say!

Jennifer Martin

Oct 25, 2016, 9:25:45 PM10/25/16
Yes, let's fix that here. OK.

A sordid collection of ists

Oct 25, 2016, 10:28:04 PM10/25/16
Ok so we have Democrat Party used in ancient times as a shortcut and not a slur. Later, still in olden times before my life began it was used as a slur. Sometime before I was born, the popularity of the slur use ceased. So, in current times, if I had used the term ( but it wasn't I who used it), it would not be a slur. Until yesterday I didn't even know that historically it used to be a slur. I think Scott is in the same position as far as his lack of familiarity with the old historical use.

I still find it interesting that anyone, particularly a Democrat would consider it a slur, in that I am sure that you are proud to consider yourself one. Yet calling your party the Democrat Party brings much offense to you.

The Democrat Party is offensive to you but the Party of Democrats is perfectly acceptable. Touchy, touchy, touchy! As my all time favorite politician used to say.

George M. Middius

Oct 25, 2016, 10:42:19 PM10/25/16
Jennifer Martin wrote:

> > Her error is sticking her head up her ass to yap-yap-yappity-yap....

> Yes, let's fix that here. OK.

Nice idea, but first see if you can teach Scottie to clean up after
himself. Other RAOers have been trying to do that for 15 years, so far
to no avail.

ScottW

Oct 26, 2016, 11:40:32 AM10/26/16

"Jennifer Martin" <jennco...@gmail.com> wrote in message
And I presume....Clinton is your solution? She is the pinnacle of the problem.
While Trump may not be a great president, his election will implode the current
party leadership (both democrat and republican) and hopefully the corrupt
environment that has taken firm root throughout the entire system.

ScottW

ScottW

Oct 26, 2016, 11:43:41 AM10/26/16

"A sordid collection of ists" <hootervil...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I think the real issue is that the leadership of the democrat party is
anything...but democratic. I'll never understand how some people can declare
such allegiance to a political party no matter how corrupt it becomes.

ScottW

A sordid collection of ists

Oct 26, 2016, 2:28:40 PM10/26/16
The Republican are trying hard, but they just can't catch up.

ScottW

Oct 26, 2016, 5:49:11 PM10/26/16

"A sordid collection of ists" <mr.cly...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> The Republican are trying hard, but they just can't catch up.

Not even close. The democrats have tossed everyone under the bus in their quest
for unassailable domination of the electorate.
Even Mr. Nice Guy economist, Austan Goolesby, who appears on Fox often was
struggling to defend the limping Obama economy. He finally declared the problem
was a lack of population growth that drives part of economic growth.

He's smart enough to know that our population growth isn't a segment that drives
productivity or GDP per capita higher. It actually dilutes it down.
This is a direct measure correlateable to average standard of living.
They are knowingly pushing for a policy that isn't in the interest of the
average american citizen.
Population growth does raise total GDP a bit which is what the gov't needs to
sustain their ponzi spending habits but only for the short run. Long run it
increases the liability of entitlements even more and makes avoiding default
ever more difficult.

Goolesby knows all this but he can't bring himself to speak the truth as it
would be totally exposing the foolhardiness and unsustainability of Obama
economic policy.
Single payer is going to be a first step to default avoidance and it will only
be by asserting control to limit health care to the growing elderly population.
The current health care system simply delivers service at far too much expense
to sustain and they don't know how to lower cost
But since "health care" is now a human right, we can't have better health care
for those who can afford it and we can't afford unlimited care for all....so
everyone will be forced to accept limited care....except the ultra wealthy who
can always find a way or the gov't bureaucrats and politicians who will quietly
get their own program.

ScottW