OT: Kutztown XXXIV Radio Show

Peter Wieck

May 11, 2016, 10:00:05 AM5/11/16
All:

I will be leaving tomorrow morning for the XXXIV Kutztown Radio Show in Kutztown (Berks County), PA, less than an hour from Allentown, three from NYC and two from Philadelphia.

http://www.dvhrc.com/kutztown.html

Tomorrow is mostly a set-up day, and non-club members and non-registered dealers may pay a small fee to get onto the site if they wish to buy or sell.

Go over some of the pictures - there is an ever-increasing number of audio items at the show, some very high end indeed, as well as the obvious thousands of radios. One of the advantages of an event such as this is that one may kick the tires, smell the roses and so forth. eBay offers no such opportunities.

But, as an added incentive to attend - and first-come-first-serve - I will be bringing a fully operational soldering gun kit - useful for making chassis ground connections at least - free to the first individual who comes to the Clinic table (at the Club Table) and asks for it. The _ONLY_ expectation on my part would be that the individual posts in the group where he/she read this offer. I have only one (1) such item.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Peter Wieck

May 15, 2016, 7:25:59 PM5/15/16
Despite several promises from several sources, there were no claimers for the Soldering Set. So, the offer will be repeated in September.

For the record, and even with the weather on Friday, the meet was extremely well attended and a good time was had by all! The weather cleared very nicely Friday afternoon, so the dinner, fireworks and libations (single-malt scotch and cheap beer as well as many non-toxic options) and the bonfire went very well. A link to pictures will follow soon.

There was LOTS of stuff this meet, more audio than I have seen in a good while, at least half-a-dozen Predicata TVs (all working!!), and radios, of course. One gentleman had a Marantz 7B & 8B, the latter of which had a shorted OPT, and therefore *sold* for a mere $2,000. Lots of McIntosh - I repaired a pre-amp at the clinic - it was damaged in transport so needed some pulled wires repaired, and a few other goodies.

A few interesting turntables this time, actual working B&O devices - remarkable in its own right - Revox, AR XA & XB and more. One gentleman had 16 middle-of-the-line Pacific Rim TTs, and perhaps a dozen more lesser devices, all claimed to be working. Electronics from SABA,Dual (Germany), Philips, B&O, Revox, Marantz (US), Fisher, Scott, McIntosh, Dynaco, Sherwood (US), Accuphase, Dynalab, KLH, AR, Eico, Harman Kardon (including Citation tube) and more.