Shameless Plug for Kutztown XXXVII

Peter Wieck

Aug 31, 2017, 10:36:21 AM8/31/17
http://www.dvhrc.com/kutztown.html

Can't believe this has been going on since 1992, and getting bigger with each event.

September 15/16, with dealer set-up on the 14th. As usual, I will be at the club table for the clinic, and running Radio Free Kutztown.

Camping is free, admission is free. Probably 200+ dealers in 35,000 s.f. under roof and about 1/3 again as much in the open. Look at the pictures.

There *WILL* be some vintage high-end stuff there. In past years, there have been: KLH Model 9 (electrostatics), Magnepan speakers, and more; Revox, Nagra, Tandberg and more. Thorens, AR, Dual and much Pacific Rim. And so on.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Harry Lavo

Oct 1, 2017, 6:59:17 PM10/1/17
In article <f0ql73...@mid.individual.net>, Peter Wieck says...
Peter, my memory at age 78 is terrible .... I know you've told us in the past,
but
what is the main merchandise sold here ... shortwave? electronic parts?

Harry Lavo
Holyoke, MA

--
Harry Lavo, "The Audiohiffle"
An audiophile since 1956

Peter Wieck

Oct 2, 2017, 8:19:54 AM10/2/17
On Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 6:59:17 PM UTC-4, Harry Lavo wrote:

> Peter, my memory at age 78 is terrible .... I know you've told us in the past,
> but
> what is the main merchandise sold here ... shortwave? electronic parts?
>
> Harry Lavo
> Holyoke, MA

Harry:

In past years, 95% of the material displayed and sold at Kutztown was directly related to vintage radios, parts, service and supplies. Today, I would suspect that the percentage is down to about 80%, with audio picking up the rest. As a whole, the club (DVHRC) and the attendees welcome the intrusion of things-audio as now the meets are starting to draw a younger and more diverse crowd.

John Stone

Oct 3, 2017, 12:31:06 PM10/3/17
On 10/1/17, 5:59 PM, in article f3daa1...@mid.individual.net, "Harry
Lavo" <hl...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Peter, my memory at age 78 is terrible .... I know you've told us in the past,
> but
> what is the main merchandise sold here ... shortwave? electronic parts?
>
> Harry Lavo
> Holyoke, MA

If you want to get a pretty good idea of what's at this show, look here:

https://youtu.be/cRAx-luCCjM

John Hagman does a great job with his photo chronicles at each Kutztown
radio event.

Peter Wieck

Oct 5, 2017, 4:32:27 PM10/5/17
Second Picture - black Zenith T-shirt.