Cable networks show ratings

Robin Miller

Jan 24, 2016, 2:23:05 AM1/24/16

Ian J. Ball

Jan 24, 2016, 2:43:55 AM1/24/16
On Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 11:23:05 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:

> I always find these fascinating. Lots of questionable renewal decisions:
>

> USA:
>
> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/usa-network-tv-show-ratings-33445/

A lot of terrible decisions, all around, here... :\
Yikes! - The shows I like on Siffy don't seem to do well... :(
Probably to early to get a bead on "Shannara", but looking good.

Sidenote: *WHY* do they keep renewing "Finding Carter"?!...
Definitely still too early to assess "Shadowhunters"...

And this makes me wonder why they dumped "Twisted" - maybe even they realized that it was a *mess* creatively...

> AMC:
>
> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/amc-network-tv-show-ratings-33643/

Based on that, the odds look to be close to 100% that "Into the Badlands" will be renewed.

shawn

Jan 24, 2016, 6:26:20 AM1/24/16
On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 23:43:35 -0800 (PST), "Ian J. Ball"
<ijb...@mac.com> wrote:

>On Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 11:23:05 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
>
>> I always find these fascinating. Lots of questionable renewal decisions:
>>

>> USA:
>>
>> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/usa-network-tv-show-ratings-33445/
>
>A lot of terrible decisions, all around, here... :\
>
>> TNT:
>>
>> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/tnt-tv-show-ratings-33209/
>>
>> Syfy:
>>
>> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/syfy-tv-show-ratings-updated-33879/
>
>Yikes! - The shows I like on Siffy don't seem to do well... :(

I love how they include THE MAGICIANS in the list when the show hasn't
even officially started yet. All they had was a single preview episode
back in late December. That being said this show appears to be much
more watchable than SHADOWHUNTERS.

>> Showtime:
>>
>> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/showtime-tv-show-ratings-33448/
>>
>> MTV:
>>
>> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/mtv-tv-show-ratings-37655/
>
>Probably to early to get a bead on "Shannara", but looking good.
>
>Sidenote: *WHY* do they keep renewing "Finding Carter"?!...
>
>> HBO:
>>
>> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/hbo-tv-show-ratings-33447/
>>
>> FX:
>>
>> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/fx-tv-show-ratings-33426/
>>
>> "Freeform":
>>
>> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/freeform-tv-show-ratings-33382/
>
>Definitely still too early to assess "Shadowhunters"...

It's not as bad as the trailers made it seem but it still doesn't seem
that great.

>And this makes me wonder why they dumped "Twisted" - maybe even they realized that it was a *mess* creatively...
>
>> AMC:
>>
>> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/amc-network-tv-show-ratings-33643/
>
>Based on that, the odds look to be close to 100% that "Into the Badlands" will be renewed.
>
>> Ratings for other networks, such as A&E, are not available, or at least
>> are not collected, at this website.
>>
>> --Robin

Thanks Robin.

Support Your Local P.C. Police

Jan 24, 2016, 6:56:12 AM1/24/16
Much to do about (almost)Nothing! ...Ratings ...without major Sports ...PATHETIC ...ANEMIC ...in the TOILET! Worse than Network ratings ...R.I.P.!

anim8rfsk

Jan 24, 2016, 10:16:47 AM1/24/16
In article <08a5dd28-aa9e-4c69...@googlegroups.com>,
"Ian J. Ball" <ijb...@mac.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 11:23:05 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
>
> > I always find these fascinating. Lots of questionable renewal decisions:
> >

> > USA:
> >
> > http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/usa-network-tv-show-ratings-33445/
>
> A lot of terrible decisions, all around, here... :\

I was right in removing USA from my dial altogether.

> > TNT:
> >
> > http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/tnt-tv-show-ratings-33209/

So TNT is down to The Librarians.

> > Syfy:
> >
> > http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/syfy-tv-show-ratings-updated-33879/
>
> Yikes! - The shows I like on Siffy don't seem to do well... :(

Mostly deservedly so. It's painful that absolute garbage like
Childhood's End was the clear winner.

> > Showtime:
> >
> > http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/showtime-tv-show-ratings-33448/
> >
> > MTV:
> >
> > http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/mtv-tv-show-ratings-37655/
>
> Probably to early to get a bead on "Shannara", but looking good.
>
> Sidenote: *WHY* do they keep renewing "Finding Carter"?!...
>
> > HBO:
> >
> > http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/hbo-tv-show-ratings-33447/
> >
> > FX:
> >
> > http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/fx-tv-show-ratings-33426/
> >
> > "Freeform":
> >
> > http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/freeform-tv-show-ratings-33382/
>
> Definitely still too early to assess "Shadowhunters"...
>
> And this makes me wonder why they dumped "Twisted" - maybe even they realized
> that it was a *mess* creatively...

All that's left on Squiggle is Stitchers.

> > AMC:
> >
> > http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/amc-network-tv-show-ratings-33643/
>
> Based on that, the odds look to be close to 100% that "Into the Badlands"
> will be renewed.

Nothing left on AMC but Humans.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Robin Miller

Jan 24, 2016, 12:21:43 PM1/24/16
Robin Miller wrote:

> I always find these fascinating. Lots of questionable renewal decisions:
>

> USA:
>
> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/usa-network-tv-show-ratings-33445/

Especially renewing Playing House with a 0.18 demo rating.

--Robin

anim8rfsk

Jan 24, 2016, 12:39:43 PM1/24/16
In article <dgkfh0...@mid.individual.net>,
Or, you know, putting it on the air in the first place.

Ian J. Ball

Jan 24, 2016, 12:45:12 PM1/24/16
In article <kvc9abt1jofj5oqm4...@4ax.com>,
shawn <nanof...@gNOTmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 23:43:35 -0800 (PST), "Ian J. Ball"
> <ijb...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> >On Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 11:23:05 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
> >
> >> I always find these fascinating. Lots of questionable renewal decisions:
> >>

> >> Syfy:
> >>
> >> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/syfy-tv-show-ratings-updated-33879/
> >
> >Yikes! - The shows I like on Siffy don't seem to do well... :(
>
> I love how they include THE MAGICIANS in the list when the show hasn't
> even officially started yet. All they had was a single preview episode
> back in late December. That being said this show appears to be much
> more watchable than SHADOWHUNTERS.

I actually take it as a positive sign that "The Magicians" "special
preview", which was buried during X-Mas season, did as well as it did.

But, yeah - the pilot made me highly enthusiastic about this show,
though it's an open question if they can keep it up. (Like "Shannara",
it's probably a good thing that it's based on a book, as it's a lot less
likely for its quality to fall off the table...)

> >> "Freeform":
> >>
> >> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/freeform-tv-show-ratings-33382/
> >
> >Definitely still too early to assess "Shadowhunters"...
>
> It's not as bad as the trailers made it seem but it still doesn't seem
> that great.

I meant "too early" from a "ratings" standpoint. Creatively, I think
it's fine - and with the 'eye candy' that show sports, I'd be watching
it regardless! ;p

But the other thing that struck me about Squiggle's ratings is that I
can't figure out why the renewed "STINKERS!", uh, I mean "Stitchers". :p

--
"Shall we sit and ponder the futility of caring?" - Morotia M. Black (aka.

Ian J. Ball

Jan 24, 2016, 12:47:49 PM1/24/16
In article <anim8rfsk-FE6C1...@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> In article <08a5dd28-aa9e-4c69...@googlegroups.com>,
> "Ian J. Ball" <ijb...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> > On Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 11:23:05 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
> >
> > > I always find these fascinating. Lots of questionable renewal decisions:
> > >

> > > TNT:
> > >
> > > http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/tnt-tv-show-ratings-33209/
>
> So TNT is down to The Librarians.

Yes, and I don't expect that to improve until they replace their current
cadre of braindead network goons... :\

> > > Syfy:
> > >
> > > http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/syfy-tv-show-ratings-updated-33879/
> >
> > Yikes! - The shows I like on Siffy don't seem to do well... :(
>
> Mostly deservedly so. It's painful that absolute garbage like
> Childhood's End was the clear winner.

Meh - you don't seem to watch a lot of Siffy's best stuff like "Dark
Matter", "The Expanse" and "The Magicians"...

But it actually amazed me how low "Continuum" and "Lost Girl" are... :(

> > > "Freeform":
> > >
> > > http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/freeform-tv-show-ratings-33382/
> >
> > Definitely still too early to assess "Shadowhunters"...
> >
> > And this makes me wonder why they dumped "Twisted" - maybe even they
> > realized that it was a *mess* creatively...
>
> All that's left on Squiggle is Stitchers.

Which was in their ratings basement - uh, *why* did they renew that
again?!... :p

anim8rfsk

Jan 24, 2016, 1:04:51 PM1/24/16
In article
<ijball-NO_SPAM-388...@88-209-239-213.giganet.hu>,
"Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> In article <anim8rfsk-FE6C1...@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > In article <08a5dd28-aa9e-4c69...@googlegroups.com>,

> > So TNT is down to The Librarians.
>
> Yes, and I don't expect that to improve until they replace their current
> cadre of braindead network goons... :\

> > > Yikes! - The shows I like on Siffy don't seem to do well... :(
> >
> > Mostly deservedly so. It's painful that absolute garbage like
> > Childhood's End was the clear winner.
>
> Meh - you don't seem to watch a lot of Siffy's best stuff like "Dark
> Matter", "The Expanse" and "The Magicians"...

I watch DARK MATTER, I bailed after the totally Niven derivative pilot
of THE EXPANSE and I've watched ever single episode of THE MAGICIANS.

> But it actually amazed me how low "Continuum" and "Lost Girl" are... :(

Yes

> > > Definitely still too early to assess "Shadowhunters"...
> > >
> > > And this makes me wonder why they dumped "Twisted" - maybe even they
> > > realized that it was a *mess* creatively...
> >
> > All that's left on Squiggle is Stitchers.
>
> Which was in their ratings basement - uh, *why* did they renew that
> again?!... :p

It's their best show?

anim8rfsk

Jan 24, 2016, 1:05:51 PM1/24/16
In article
<ijball-NO_SPAM-E0E...@88-209-239-213.giganet.hu>,
"Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> In article <kvc9abt1jofj5oqm4...@4ax.com>,
> shawn <nanof...@gNOTmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 23:43:35 -0800 (PST), "Ian J. Ball"
> > <ijb...@mac.com> wrote:

> > >Yikes! - The shows I like on Siffy don't seem to do well... :(
> >
> > I love how they include THE MAGICIANS in the list when the show hasn't
> > even officially started yet. All they had was a single preview episode
> > back in late December. That being said this show appears to be much
> > more watchable than SHADOWHUNTERS.
>
> I actually take it as a positive sign that "The Magicians" "special
> preview", which was buried during X-Mas season, did as well as it did.
>
> But, yeah - the pilot made me highly enthusiastic about this show,
> though it's an open question if they can keep it up. (Like "Shannara",
> it's probably a good thing that it's based on a book, as it's a lot less
> likely for its quality to fall off the table...)

Have you ever watched a movie or TV show based on a book before?

> > >Definitely still too early to assess "Shadowhunters"...
> >
> > It's not as bad as the trailers made it seem but it still doesn't seem
> > that great.
>
> I meant "too early" from a "ratings" standpoint. Creatively, I think
> it's fine - and with the 'eye candy' that show sports, I'd be watching
> it regardless! ;p
>
> But the other thing that struck me about Squiggle's ratings is that I
> can't figure out why the renewed "STINKERS!", uh, I mean "Stitchers". :p

Dimensional Traveler

Jan 24, 2016, 1:59:39 PM1/24/16
On 1/23/2016 11:43 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 11:23:05 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
>
>> I always find these fascinating. Lots of questionable renewal decisions:
>>

>> Syfy:
>>
>> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/syfy-tv-show-ratings-updated-33879/
>
> Yikes! - The shows I like on Siffy don't seem to do well... :(

NONE of the shows on Syfy seem to do well.

I blame Bonnie Hammer.

>> AMC:
>>
>> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/amc-network-tv-show-ratings-33643/
>
> Based on that, the odds look to be close to 100% that "Into the Badlands" will be renewed.

I would like that.

--
Now the Force-Ghost of DTravel since he was forced by shame to commit
hara-kiri with a dull light-spork after liking the Abrams/Bad Robot Star

Dimensional Traveler

Jan 24, 2016, 2:01:31 PM1/24/16
Blackmail or some USA exec really likes sleeping with one of the leads.

Blackmail seems more likely.

anim8rfsk

Jan 24, 2016, 2:31:16 PM1/24/16
In article <n836t1$sul$2...@dont-email.me>,
Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

> On 1/24/2016 9:21 AM, Robin Miller wrote:
> > Robin Miller wrote:
> >>
> >> I always find these fascinating. Lots of questionable renewal decisions:
> >>

> >> USA:
> >>
> >> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/usa-network-tv-show-ratings-33445/
> >

> > Especially renewing Playing House with a 0.18 demo rating.
> >
> Blackmail or some USA exec really likes sleeping with one of the leads.
>
> Blackmail seems more likely.

hee hee

anim8rfsk

Jan 24, 2016, 2:31:49 PM1/24/16
In article <n836ph$sul$1...@dont-email.me>,
Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

> On 1/23/2016 11:43 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> > On Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 11:23:05 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
> >
> >> I always find these fascinating. Lots of questionable renewal decisions:
> >>

> >> Syfy:
> >>
> >> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/syfy-tv-show-ratings-updated-33879/
> >
> > Yikes! - The shows I like on Siffy don't seem to do well... :(
> >
> NONE of the shows on Syfy seem to do well.
>
> I blame Bonnie Hammer.

In fairness, she was busy this year destroying USA. Quite successfully.

Dimensional Traveler

Jan 24, 2016, 4:24:05 PM1/24/16
On 1/24/2016 11:31 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <n836ph$sul$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> Yikes! - The shows I like on Siffy don't seem to do well... :(
>>>
>> NONE of the shows on Syfy seem to do well.
>>
>> I blame Bonnie Hammer.
>
> In fairness, she was busy this year destroying USA. Quite successfully.

I'm sorry, "fairness" and "Bonnie Hammer" in the same conversation? Who
ARE you?

Ian J. Ball

Jan 25, 2016, 8:34:41 AM1/25/16
In article <anim8rfsk-9AC6D...@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> In article
> <ijball-NO_SPAM-E0E...@88-209-239-213.giganet.hu>,
> "Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
> > In article <kvc9abt1jofj5oqm4...@4ax.com>,
> > shawn <nanof...@gNOTmail.com> wrote:

> > > It's not as bad as the trailers made it seem but it still doesn't seem
> > > that great.
> >
> > I meant "too early" from a "ratings" standpoint. Creatively, I think
> > it's fine - and with the 'eye candy' that show sports, I'd be watching
> > it regardless! ;p
> >
> > But the other thing that struck me about Squiggle's ratings is that I
> > can't figure out why the renewed "STINKERS!", uh, I mean "Stitchers". :p
>
> It's their best show?

Not even in the Bizarro Universe... :\

Ian J. Ball

Jan 25, 2016, 8:35:36 AM1/25/16
In article <anim8rfsk-1C60B...@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> In article
> <ijball-NO_SPAM-388...@88-209-239-213.giganet.hu>,
> "Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
> > In article <anim8rfsk-FE6C1...@news.easynews.com>,
> > anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> > > Mostly deservedly so. It's painful that absolute garbage like
> > > Childhood's End was the clear winner.
> >
> > Meh - you don't seem to watch a lot of Siffy's best stuff like "Dark
> > Matter", "The Expanse" and "The Magicians"...
>
> I watch DARK MATTER,

I didn't remember that...

> I bailed after the totally Niven derivative pilot
> of THE EXPANSE and I've watched ever single episode of THE MAGICIANS.
>
> > But it actually amazed me how low "Continuum" and "Lost Girl" are... :(
>
> Yes

Obveeus

Jan 25, 2016, 10:23:02 AM1/25/16

On 1/24/2016 2:22 AM, Robin Miller wrote:

> I always find these fascinating. Lots of questionable renewal decisions:
>

> USA:
>
> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/usa-network-tv-show-ratings-33445/

Doing a good job of saving the cream and discarding the low rated junk.

> TNT:
>
> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/tnt-tv-show-ratings-33209/

MURDER IN THE FIRST is the only poor renewal choice.

> Syfy:
>
> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/syfy-tv-show-ratings-updated-33879/

They say DEFIANCE was expensive, but that chart shows it as the one
mistake for cancel/renew.

> Showtime:
>
> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/showtime-tv-show-ratings-33448/

MASTERS OF SEX and EPISODES must be getting renewed for prestige value?

> MTV:
>
> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/mtv-tv-show-ratings-37655/

It all makes sense, but MTV will miss AWKWARD.

> HBO:
>
> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/hbo-tv-show-ratings-33447/

Looks like they just renew everything until it gets too old for the
players to be interested in doing more.

> FX:
>
> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/fx-tv-show-ratings-33426/

THE AMERICANS should have been cancelled, but maybe they are striving
for additional episodes to reach a syndication package? LOUIE is
something that they are probably hoping never makes another episode.

> "Freeform":
>
> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/freeform-tv-show-ratings-33382/

KEVIN FROM WORK better get cancelled.

> AMC:
>
> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/amc-network-tv-show-ratings-33643/

The renewals for TURN and HALT AND CATCH FIRE still make no sense.

Thanks, Robin, for offering up all these links and the platform for comment.

Obveeus

Jan 25, 2016, 10:27:54 AM1/25/16

On 1/24/2016 10:16 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <08a5dd28-aa9e-4c69...@googlegroups.com>,
> "Ian J. Ball" <ijb...@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 11:23:05 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>>> I always find these fascinating. Lots of questionable renewal decisions:
>>>

>>> USA:
>>>
>>> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/usa-network-tv-show-ratings-33445/
>>
>> A lot of terrible decisions, all around, here... :\
>
> I was right in removing USA from my dial altogether.

Nope. You should have been watching MR. ROBOT.

>>> TNT:
>>>
>>> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/tnt-tv-show-ratings-33209/
>
> So TNT is down to The Librarians.

...so, nothing then.

>>> Syfy:
>>>
>>> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/syfy-tv-show-ratings-updated-33879/
>>
>> Yikes! - The shows I like on Siffy don't seem to do well... :(
>
> Mostly deservedly so. It's painful that absolute garbage like
> Childhood's End was the clear winner.

CHILDHOOD'S END was garbage. THE EXPANSE is a very good show and 12
MONKEYS is worth watching, too.

>>> "Freeform":
>>>
>>> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/freeform-tv-show-ratings-33382/
>>
>> Definitely still too early to assess "Shadowhunters"...
>>
>> And this makes me wonder why they dumped "Twisted" - maybe even they realized
>> that it was a *mess* creatively...
>
> All that's left on Squiggle is Stitchers.

So, nothing then.

>>> AMC:
>>>
>>> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/amc-network-tv-show-ratings-33643/
>>
>> Based on that, the odds look to be close to 100% that "Into the Badlands"
>> will be renewed.
>
> Nothing left on AMC but Humans.

BETTER CALL SAUL!

shawn

Jan 25, 2016, 10:35:55 AM1/25/16
On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 05:35:33 -0800, "Ian J. Ball"
I wonder just how much the ratings are impacted by SyFy taking so long
to air the episodes after they've aired in Canada. If they aired them
within a week of their first airing in Canada I'm not sure there would
be a problem but when they make people wait months that's a lot of
time for someone to look up those shows on the Internet and watch them
long before they air in the USA. Especially since there's never a
guarrantee they will ever air here.

Why does SyFy wait so long? It's not like their schedule is packed
with lots of shows that can't be moved around.

shawn

Jan 25, 2016, 11:32:52 AM1/25/16
On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 10:28:02 -0500, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com> wrote:

>On 1/24/2016 10:16 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> In article <08a5dd28-aa9e-4c69...@googlegroups.com>,

>>> A lot of terrible decisions, all around, here... :\
>>
>> I was right in removing USA from my dial altogether.
>>>

>Nope. You should have been watching MR. ROBOT.

Fully agree with this choice. MR. ROBOT was one of the best new shows
of the past season. Well worth checking out.

>> So TNT is down to The Librarians.
>
>...so, nothing then.

While it's certainly light hearted and often a bit silly (especially
since no one seems willing or able to tell Noah Wyle to tone it down)
it's still an enjoyable show.

>>> Yikes! - The shows I like on Siffy don't seem to do well... :(
>>
>> Mostly deservedly so. It's painful that absolute garbage like
>> Childhood's End was the clear winner.
>
>CHILDHOOD'S END was garbage. THE EXPANSE is a very good show and 12
>MONKEYS is worth watching, too.

I still haven't gotten around to checking out CHILDHOOD's END or THE
EXPANSE. 12 MONKEYS was okay but it hasn't grabbed me so I've only
seen the first two episodes.

Dimensional Traveler

Jan 25, 2016, 10:22:29 PM1/25/16
On 1/25/2016 7:23 AM, Obveeus wrote:

> On 1/24/2016 2:22 AM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>> I always find these fascinating. Lots of questionable renewal decisions:
>>

>> USA:
>>
>> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/usa-network-tv-show-ratings-33445/
>
> Doing a good job of saving the cream and discarding the low rated junk.

Then explain 'Playing House'.

Dimensional Traveler

Jan 25, 2016, 10:23:21 PM1/25/16
On 1/25/2016 5:35 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> In article <anim8rfsk-1C60B...@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> In article
>> <ijball-NO_SPAM-388...@88-209-239-213.giganet.hu>,
>> "Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> Meh - you don't seem to watch a lot of Siffy's best stuff like "Dark
>>> Matter", "The Expanse" and "The Magicians"...
>>
>> I watch DARK MATTER,
>
> I didn't remember that...

Bad guys wake up not remembering they are bad guys.

anim8rfsk

Jan 25, 2016, 10:32:59 PM1/25/16
In article <n86olv$6b9$7...@dont-email.me>,
Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

> On 1/25/2016 5:35 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> > In article <anim8rfsk-1C60B...@news.easynews.com>,
> > anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
> >
> >> In article
> >> <ijball-NO_SPAM-388...@88-209-239-213.giganet.hu>,

> >> I watch DARK MATTER,
> >
> > I didn't remember that...
> >
> Bad guys wake up not remembering they are bad guys.

I remember that

Dimensional Traveler

Jan 25, 2016, 11:11:03 PM1/25/16
I feel like I should be remembering something here.

Obveeus

Jan 25, 2016, 11:31:42 PM1/25/16

On 1/25/2016 10:22 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 1/25/2016 7:23 AM, Obveeus wrote:
>>

>> On 1/24/2016 2:22 AM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>>
>>> I always find these fascinating. Lots of questionable renewal decisions:
>>>

>>> USA:
>>>
>>> http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/usa-network-tv-show-ratings-33445/
>>
>> Doing a good job of saving the cream and discarding the low rated junk.
>>
> Then explain 'Playing House'.

The only sitcom. They probably needed it to pair with something else
next year because they weren't capable of creating two new sitcoms?

anim8rfsk

Jan 26, 2016, 12:14:58 AM1/26/16
In article <n86sm3$knd$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:
There are those who would say they were incapable of creating one.

Obveeus

Jan 26, 2016, 8:19:48 AM1/26/16
I liked BENCHED. You should have tried it. Eliza Coupe and Jay
Harrington in a show that had quite a bit of a BETTER OFF TED feel.

anim8rfsk

Jan 26, 2016, 9:14:23 AM1/26/16
In article <n87rk9$mmn$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
I think I watched either one of those, or a bad preview of same.

Adam H. Kerman

Jan 27, 2016, 3:00:54 PM1/27/16
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>"Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>Meh - you don't seem to watch a lot of Siffy's best stuff like "Dark
>>Matter", "The Expanse" and "The Magicians"...

>I watch DARK MATTER, I bailed after the totally Niven derivative pilot
>of THE EXPANSE and I've watched ever single episode of THE MAGICIANS.

Ian's wrong, you know. Dark Matter is watching tv like a Canadian, like
Killjoys, Lost Girl, and Continuum.

Syfy is analogous to WGBH Masterpiece on PBS, just an outlet to air
foreign programming, except it's all been sanitized to remove nudity
for Ian's protection.

Adam H. Kerman

Jan 27, 2016, 3:01:56 PM1/27/16
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>In article <08a5dd28-aa9e-4c69...@googlegroups.com>,
> "Ian J. Ball" <ijb...@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 11:23:05 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>> > I always find these fascinating. Lots of questionable renewal decisions:
>> >

>> > USA:
>> >
>> > http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/usa-network-tv-show-ratings-33445/
>>
>> A lot of terrible decisions, all around, here... :\
>
>I was right in removing USA from my dial altogether.
>>
>> > TNT:
>> >
>> > http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/tnt-tv-show-ratings-33209/
>
>So TNT is down to The Librarians.
>> >
>> > Syfy:
>> >
>> > http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/syfy-tv-show-ratings-updated-33879/
>>
>> Yikes! - The shows I like on Siffy don't seem to do well... :(
>
>Mostly deservedly so. It's painful that absolute garbage like
>Childhood's End was the clear winner.
>>
>> > Showtime:
>> >
>> > http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/showtime-tv-show-ratings-33448/
>> >
>> > MTV:
>> >
>> > http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/mtv-tv-show-ratings-37655/
>>
>> Probably to early to get a bead on "Shannara", but looking good.
>>
>> Sidenote: *WHY* do they keep renewing "Finding Carter"?!...
>>
>> > HBO:
>> >
>> > http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/hbo-tv-show-ratings-33447/
>> >
>> > FX:
>> >
>> > http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/fx-tv-show-ratings-33426/
>> >
>> > "Freeform":
>> >
>> > http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/freeform-tv-show-ratings-33382/
>>
>> Definitely still too early to assess "Shadowhunters"...
>>
>> And this makes me wonder why they dumped "Twisted" - maybe even they realized
>> that it was a *mess* creatively...
>
>All that's left on Squiggle is Stitchers.

Squiggle!

anim8rfsk

Jan 27, 2016, 6:14:06 PM1/27/16
In article <n8b7lj$9t4$2...@news.albasani.net>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

> anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
> >"Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
> >>Meh - you don't seem to watch a lot of Siffy's best stuff like "Dark
> >>Matter", "The Expanse" and "The Magicians"...
>
> >I watch DARK MATTER, I bailed after the totally Niven derivative pilot
> >of THE EXPANSE and I've watched ever single episode of THE MAGICIANS.
>
> Ian's wrong, you know.

I've heard that

Dark Matter is watching tv like a Canadian, like
> Killjoys, Lost Girl, and Continuum.
>
> Syfy is analogous to WGBH Masterpiece on PBS, just an outlet to air
> foreign programming, except it's all been sanitized to remove nudity
> for Ian's protection.

Which is so very very wrong.

Ian J. Ball

Jan 28, 2016, 8:50:43 AM1/28/16
In article <n8b7lj$9t4$2...@news.albasani.net>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

> anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
> >"Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
> >>Meh - you don't seem to watch a lot of Siffy's best stuff like "Dark
> >>Matter", "The Expanse" and "The Magicians"...
>
> >I watch DARK MATTER, I bailed after the totally Niven derivative pilot
> >of THE EXPANSE and I've watched ever single episode of THE MAGICIANS.
>
> Ian's wrong, you know. Dark Matter is watching tv like a Canadian, like
> Killjoys, Lost Girl, and Continuum.

You hate everything... :(