Lifetime's "Blue Lagoon" remake sets cast, Christopher Atkins to cameo

David

Mar 8, 2012, 4:54:46 PM3/8/12
http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/denise-richards-blue-lagoon-remake-christopher-atkins-cameo/

Denise Richards To Co-Star In ‘Blue Lagoon’ Reboot, Christopher Atkins
To Make Cameo
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

EXCLUSIVE: Denise Richards is staying on blue. The Blue Mountain State
star has joined the cast of the Lifetime movie Blue Lagoon, a
modern-day retelling of the classic coming-of-age love story and
remake of the 1980 romance/adventure movie starring Brooke Shields and
Christopher Atkins. The telefilm, distributed by Sony TV, stars young
Australian actors Indiana Evans and Brenton Thwaites as classmates
Emma and Dane who become marooned on a tropical island. Richards will
play Barbara Petersen, a successful and devoted mom who tirelessly
searches for her daughter Emma. Additionally, returning to the Blue
Lagoon is Atkins, who will make a cameo in the film executive produced
by Neil Meron, Craig Zadan and Judith Verno.

Richards, repped by ICM and KLWGN, just wrapped a starring role in
Tyler Perry’s Medea’s Witness Protection and has been recurring on 30
Rock. Atkins, who earned a Golden Globe nomination for his role in the
original Blue Lagoon, is about to film the indie Unbelievable. He is
with Don Carroll Entertainment.

Ian J. Ball

Mar 8, 2012, 6:44:11 PM3/8/12
On Mar 8, 1:54 pm, David <dimla...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/denise-richards-blue-lagoon-remake-ch...
>
> Denise Richards To Co-Star In ‘Blue Lagoon’ Reboot, Christopher Atkins
> To Make Cameo
> By NELLIE ANDREEVA
>
> EXCLUSIVE: Denise Richards is staying on blue. The Blue Mountain State
> star has joined the cast of the Lifetime movie Blue Lagoon, a
> modern-day retelling of the classic coming-of-age love story and
> remake of the 1980 romance/adventure movie starring Brooke Shields and
> Christopher Atkins. The telefilm, distributed by Sony TV, stars young
> Australian actors Indiana Evans and Brenton Thwaites as classmates
> Emma and Dane who become marooned on a tropical island.

Well, I guess we know that IAPW will be all over this!!!

Ian (And we know that Indiana Evans can fill out a bikini. - Now, can
somebody PLEASE get Cariba Heine a job over here?! Please??!!!...)

Obveeus

Mar 8, 2012, 9:08:29 PM3/8/12

"Ian J. Ball" <ijb...@mac.com> wrote:

> remake of the 1980 romance/adventure movie starring Brooke Shields and
> Christopher Atkins. The telefilm, distributed by Sony TV, stars young
> Australian actors Indiana Evans and Brenton Thwaites as classmates
> Emma and Dane who become marooned on a tropical island.

These two stars are both over 21 years old. Brooke Shields was 14 and
Christopher Atkins was 18 in the 1980 film.
It looks like Molly Adair was under 18 when she filmed the original in 1923.

Mason Barge

Mar 9, 2012, 11:06:40 AM3/9/12
On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 16:54:46 -0500, David <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/denise-richards-blue-lagoon-remake-christopher-atkins-cameo/
>
>Denise Richards To Co-Star In ‘Blue Lagoon’ Reboot, Christopher Atkins
>To Make Cameo
>By NELLIE ANDREEVA

Because the original was SO GOOD.

Ian J. Ball

Mar 9, 2012, 11:50:46 AM3/9/12
In article <1kakl71m0srrhpl6j...@4ax.com>,
This sounds like a total "reimagining" - AFAICR, there was no Denise
Richards character in the original, so I think a lot of the Lifetime
version will be spent 'off-island' with Richard's character searching
heroically to locate her lost daughter, who once was a badly shoe-horned
"4th wheel" of a mermaid who spent most of her time whining about her
love life despite being a mermaid with magical powers... :(

--
"We're gonna need a lot of therapy." - the character Rachel in "Bunnyman"
(named 1 of the 5 Worst Horror Films of 2011 by 28DaysLaterAnalysis.com!!)

Obveeus

Mar 9, 2012, 12:23:30 PM3/9/12

"Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> Mason Barge <mason...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 16:54:46 -0500, David <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> >http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/denise-richards-blue-lagoon-remake-christophe
>> >r-atkins-cameo/
>> >
>> >Denise Richards To Co-Star In 'Blue Lagoon' Reboot, Christopher Atkins
>> >To Make Cameo
>> >By NELLIE ANDREEVA
>>
>> Because the original was SO GOOD.
>
> This sounds like a total "reimagining" - AFAICR, there was no Denise
> Richards character in the original,

Which original? the book from 1908 or the 1923 film or the 1949 film or the
1980 film?

> so I think a lot of the Lifetime
> version will be spent 'off-island' with Richard's character searching
> heroically to locate her lost daughter,

Perhaps this version will expand the amount of time the caregiver(s) last on
the island before dying?

> who once was a badly shoe-horned
> "4th wheel" of a mermaid who spent most of her time whining about her
> love life despite being a mermaid with magical powers... :(

Not everyting is about Disney, Ian.

Mason Barge

Mar 9, 2012, 12:25:24 PM3/9/12
On Fri, 09 Mar 2012 08:50:46 -0800, "Ian J. Ball"
<ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

>In article <1kakl71m0srrhpl6j...@4ax.com>,
> Mason Barge <mason...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 16:54:46 -0500, David <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> >http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/denise-richards-blue-lagoon-remake-christophe
>> >r-atkins-cameo/
>> >
>> >Denise Richards To Co-Star In ‘Blue Lagoon’ Reboot, Christopher Atkins
>> >To Make Cameo
>> >By NELLIE ANDREEVA
>>
>> Because the original was SO GOOD.
>
>This sounds like a total "reimagining" - AFAICR, there was no Denise
>Richards character in the original, so I think a lot of the Lifetime
>version will be spent 'off-island' with Richard's character searching
>heroically to locate her lost daughter,

What federal law-enforcement agency or military special ops branch was
Denise formerly a member of?

Can't we change the name of the show to "Marooned"?

Obveeus

Mar 9, 2012, 12:44:03 PM3/9/12

> What federal law-enforcement agency or military special ops branch was
> Denise formerly a member of?

She was a pilot, a true citizen, for the Federation.

David

Mar 9, 2012, 12:56:34 PM3/9/12
If Ian doesn't stop throwing buckets of water at women's feet he'll
get in serious trouble one day.

Mason Barge

Mar 9, 2012, 1:03:55 PM3/9/12
Was she plucky?

Windowwasher

Mar 9, 2012, 1:13:01 PM3/9/12

"Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote in message
> In article <1kakl71m0srrhpl6j...@4ax.com>,
> Mason Barge <mason...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 16:54:46 -0500, David <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> >http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/denise-richards-blue-lagoon-remake-christophe
>> >r-atkins-cameo/
>> >
>> >Denise Richards To Co-Star In 'Blue Lagoon' Reboot, Christopher Atkins
>> >To Make Cameo
>> >By NELLIE ANDREEVA
>>
>> Because the original was SO GOOD.
>
> This sounds like a total "reimagining" - AFAICR, there was no Denise
> Richards character in the original, so I think a lot of the Lifetime
> version will be spent 'off-island' with Richard's character searching
> heroically to locate her lost daughter, who once was a badly shoe-horned
> "4th wheel" of a mermaid who spent most of her time whining about her
> love life despite being a mermaid with magical powers... :(

I think you forgot Charlotte which actually makes Indiana a fifth wheel.

anim8rFSK

Mar 9, 2012, 2:36:43 PM3/9/12
In article <1kakl71m0srrhpl6j...@4ax.com>,
Mason Barge <mason...@gmail.com> wrote:

Not to mention the sequel, Blue Lagoon Two Electric Bugaloo.

anim8rFSK

Mar 9, 2012, 2:38:11 PM3/9/12
In article
<ijball-NO_SPAM-A1C...@news.eternal-september.org>,
"Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> In article <1kakl71m0srrhpl6j...@4ax.com>,
> Mason Barge <mason...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 16:54:46 -0500, David <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > >http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/denise-richards-blue-lagoon-remake-christop
> > >he
> > >r-atkins-cameo/
> > >
> > >Denise Richards To Co-Star In ‘Blue Lagoon’ Reboot, Christopher Atkins
> > >To Make Cameo
> > >By NELLIE ANDREEVA
> >
> > Because the original was SO GOOD.
>
> This sounds like a total "reimagining" - AFAICR, there was no Denise
> Richards character in the original, so I think a lot of the Lifetime
> version will be spent 'off-island' with Richard's character searching
> heroically to locate her lost daughter, who once was a badly shoe-horned
> "4th wheel" of a mermaid who spent most of her time whining about her
> love life despite being a mermaid with magical powers... :(

Well, they're doing a TV movie, so all the gratuitous titillation will
be gone, so they need to show the totally pointless search sequences to
pad it out.

Obveeus

Mar 9, 2012, 3:16:06 PM3/9/12
Maybe that is the truth of the re-imagining...two young people in a tropical
paradise until terror strikes (switch camera angle to image of blood in the
water).

Ian J. Ball

Mar 9, 2012, 3:34:05 PM3/9/12
On Mar 9, 11:36 am, anim8rFSK <anim8r...@cox.net> wrote:
> In article <1kakl71m0srrhpl6jqja3d0ongrq9vg...@4ax.com>,
>  Mason Barge <masonba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 16:54:46 -0500, David <dimla...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > >http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/denise-richards-blue-lagoon-remake-ch...
> > >r-atkins-cameo/
>
> > >Denise Richards To Co-Star In ‘Blue Lagoon’ Reboot, Christopher Atkins
> > >To Make Cameo
> > >By NELLIE ANDREEVA
>
> > Because the original was SO GOOD.
>
> Not to mention the sequel, Blue Lagoon Two Electric Bugaloo.

IIRC, the latter is what gave Milla Jovovich her start.

anim8rFSK

Mar 9, 2012, 4:19:07 PM3/9/12
In article
<91bc7163-2ba5-4d94...@i5g2000yqo.googlegroups.com>,
"Ian J. Ball" <ijb...@mac.com> wrote:

> On Mar 9, 11:36 am, anim8rFSK <anim8r...@cox.net> wrote:
> > In article <1kakl71m0srrhpl6jqja3d0ongrq9vg...@4ax.com>,
> >  Mason Barge <masonba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Because the original was SO GOOD.
> >
> > Not to mention the sequel, Blue Lagoon Two Electric Bugaloo.
>
> IIRC, the latter is what gave Milla Jovovich her start.

I've never seen a frame of that. Is it actually connected in any way?
Kid of the first come back? Other kids on the same island? Other kids
on another island?

And why can't I get Into The Blue Two Electric Boogaloo in HD?

He is the Resurrection and the Light: The Rapacious Mr. Hole

Mar 9, 2012, 4:22:02 PM3/9/12
Why would you have the blue lagoon on a non paying cable channel? What's the point of Blue Lagoon without the teenage nudity?

Mason Barge

Mar 9, 2012, 5:17:01 PM3/9/12
On Fri, 9 Mar 2012 12:34:05 -0800 (PST), "Ian J. Ball" <ijb...@mac.com>
wrote:
She rocked it in Joan of Arc. Not to mention, everything else she ever
made.

There's a new Resident Evil sequel coming out soon!

Michael Black

Mar 9, 2012, 7:14:16 PM3/9/12
Hey, I've seen that, it's not bad. I'm not even sure if I've seen Blue
Lagoon complete (maybe just snippets over many airings), but I have seen
Return to the Blue Lagoon in recent years. Since that was fairly a remake
of the Brooke Shields one, I am wondering why they have to remake it
again.

Michael

Michael Black

Mar 9, 2012, 7:20:14 PM3/9/12
On Fri, 9 Mar 2012, anim8rFSK wrote:

The kid from the first movie is found, taken back to civilization. Or
maybe not, maybe it's shortly after. The baby, some other baby, and a
woman are set adrift in a lifeboat, because of disease on the ship and
they find their way back to the same island. The woman dies, I cant'
remember at what point, and the two small children grow up. And towards
the end, they get off the island, I seem to recall.

Michael

Duggy

Mar 9, 2012, 7:31:58 PM3/9/12
On Mar 10, 6:16 am, "Obveeus" <Obve...@aol.com> wrote:
> Maybe that is the truth of the re-imagining...two young people in a tropical
> paradise until terror strikes (switch camera angle to image of blood in the
> water).

You've never seen the 80s version then...

===
= DUG.
===

anim8rFSK

Mar 9, 2012, 8:09:22 PM3/9/12
In article <Pine.LNX.4.64.12...@darkstar.example.net>,
Michael Black <et...@ncf.ca> wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Mar 2012, anim8rFSK wrote:
>
> > In article
> > <91bc7163-2ba5-4d94...@i5g2000yqo.googlegroups.com>,

> >> IIRC, the latter is what gave Milla Jovovich her start.
> >
> > I've never seen a frame of that. Is it actually connected in any way?
> > Kid of the first come back? Other kids on the same island? Other kids
> > on another island?
> >
> The kid from the first movie is found, taken back to civilization. Or
> maybe not, maybe it's shortly after. The baby, some other baby, and a
> woman are set adrift in a lifeboat, because of disease on the ship and
> they find their way back to the same island. The woman dies, I cant'
> remember at what point, and the two small children grow up. And towards
> the end, they get off the island, I seem to recall.

Thanks. Wiki says:

Richard is the child of Richard and Emmeline Lestrange of the original
film, who both are revealed to be dead at the beginning and are buried
at sea.

and

They decide to stay and raise their child on the island, as they feel
their blissful life would not compare to civilization.

It sounds ... just horrible.

Thanatos

Mar 9, 2012, 8:33:38 PM3/9/12
In article <anim8rfsk-C263D...@news.easynews.com>,
Wouldn't they have been electrocuted if they did that kind of bugaloo in
the lagoon?

Captain Infinity

Mar 9, 2012, 9:13:58 PM3/9/12
Once Upon A Time,
Michael Black wrote:

>I have seen
>Return to the Blue Lagoon in recent years. Since that was fairly a remake
>of the Brooke Shields one, I am wondering why they have to remake it
>again.

To introduce the world to the Next Generation of Perky Teen Boobies.

**
Captain Infinity

Obveeus

Mar 9, 2012, 10:23:15 PM3/9/12
Then why did they hire someone that is not even a teenager?

Captain Infinity

Mar 9, 2012, 10:54:25 PM3/9/12
Once Upon A Time,
Because all the Perky-Boobed Teens in show business today were too smart to
sign on to such a turkey.

**
Captain Infinity

Ian J. Ball

Mar 10, 2012, 10:13:30 AM3/10/12
In article <jjdh7f$l20$1...@dont-email.me>,
He he he. :)

Mason Barge

Mar 10, 2012, 11:14:43 AM3/10/12
So they could have her run around topless without an "R" rating?

These movies are all hype and no goodies. If you want perky nekkid
teenage cuties, you have to go to the knockoff "Paradise" with Phoebe
Cates, who's got a much nicer little bod than Brooke Shields OR Mila J.,
anyway. (Not that they aren't/weren't cute teenagers with perky bodies,
just that Phoebe Cates was a one in a million.)

Mason Barge

Mar 10, 2012, 11:15:57 AM3/10/12
Apparently this is an "electric bugaloo" that consists primarily of
inventing ways to keep the camera from seeing your bare breasts.

anim8rFSK

Mar 10, 2012, 11:55:24 AM3/10/12
In article <e4vml7p628noqm10r...@4ax.com>,
Isn't the naked nudity in that one actually Cates' sister?

Michael Black

Mar 10, 2012, 12:13:29 PM3/10/12
So the actress has to have long hair, or wear a long wig.

Same thing with "Splash!".

Michael

Obveeus

Mar 10, 2012, 1:51:07 PM3/10/12
The 1980 version of Blue Lagoon was that way as well.

Mason Barge

Mar 10, 2012, 2:30:57 PM3/10/12
If so, the gene pool should be patented and sold on EBay.

Okay, seriously, there was apparently a stand-in for some of the nude
shots, but it appears that it was basically a fight between the director
and the producer rather than Cates refusing to do them. The producer had
the stand-in nudity shot by someone else, after the final cut.

<<One conciliation Phoebe made for Paradise was agreeing to do nude
scenes. "In this business," she says, "if a girl wants a career, she has
to be willing to strip." Cates insists she has no objections to "tasteful"
nudity. "If you've got a good bod, then why not show it?" But Cates was
infuriated by what she viewed as "real exploitation" by Paradise
producers, who used a body stand-in for her without her knowledge for a
variety of nude close-ups. As a result, Cates refused to do any promotion
for the film. "I didn't show up at their parties, didn't go to any
screenings, didn't travel anywhere they asked me to." >>

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20082395,00.html

Obveeus

Mar 10, 2012, 2:42:33 PM3/10/12

"Mason Barge" <mason...@gmail.com> wrote:
> <<One conciliation Phoebe made for Paradise was agreeing to do nude
> scenes. "In this business," she says, "if a girl wants a career, she has
> to be willing to strip." Cates insists she has no objections to "tasteful"
> nudity. "If you've got a good bod, then why not show it?" But Cates was
> infuriated by what she viewed as "real exploitation" by Paradise
> producers, who used a body stand-in for her without her knowledge for a
> variety of nude close-ups. As a result, Cates refused to do any promotion
> for the film. "I didn't show up at their parties, didn't go to any
> screenings, didn't travel anywhere they asked me to." >>

Sounds like she got mad because they decided that her body wasn't good
enough to be shown.

Mason Barge

Mar 10, 2012, 3:22:09 PM3/10/12
Oh, I don't think so :)

Obveeus

Mar 10, 2012, 3:58:19 PM3/10/12
They certainly didn't ask for a body double because they thought the naked
shots they had of Cates's own body were too good.

Message has been deleted

Duggy

Mar 10, 2012, 4:21:48 PM3/10/12
On Mar 11, 2:14 am, Mason Barge <masonba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Mar 2012 22:23:15 -0500, "Obveeus" <Obve...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> >"Captain Infinity" <Infin...@captaininfinity.us> wrote:

> >> To introduce the world to the Next Generation of Perky Teen Boobies.
>
> >Then why did they hire someone that is not even a teenager?
>
> So they could have her run around topless without an "R" rating?

Sheena did. The Richard Greer King David film had full frontal female
nudity and didn't have an "R" rating.

===
= DUG.
===

Adam H. Kerman

Mar 10, 2012, 4:25:09 PM3/10/12
Dennis M <denn...@dennism3.invalid> wrote:
>Didn't that famous pool scene with Cates in Fast Times at Ridgemont High
>actually use "stunt boobs," so to speak?

I thought that was all her in that movie.

anim8rFSK

Mar 10, 2012, 4:40:47 PM3/10/12
In article <dennism3-ya0240800...@news.datemas.de>,
denn...@dennism3.invalid (Dennis M) wrote:
> Didn't that famous pool scene with Cates in Fast Times at Ridgemont High
> actually use "stunt boobs," so to speak?

Absolutely not.

First google hit.
NSFW
http://raidergirls.com/raiders_blog/phoebe-cates-fast-times-ridgemont-red
-pool-scene/

Scroll down for assorted stills.

Duggy

Mar 10, 2012, 4:46:46 PM3/10/12
On Mar 11, 2:55 am, anim8rFSK <anim8r...@cox.net> wrote:
> In article <e4vml7p628noqm10rqils6g5cmtv9ft...@4ax.com>,
>  Mason Barge <masonba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > >Then why did they hire someone that is not even a teenager?
>
> > So they could have her run around topless without an "R" rating?
>
> > These movies are all hype and no goodies.  If you want perky nekkid
> > teenage cuties, you have to go to the knockoff "Paradise" with Phoebe
> > Cates, who's got a much nicer little bod than Brooke Shields OR Mila J.,
> > anyway.  (Not that they aren't/weren't cute teenagers with perky bodies,
> > just that Phoebe Cates was a one in a million.)
>
> Isn't the naked nudity in that one actually Cates' sister?

The only nudity I can see that doesn't include Phoebe's face is some
of the close-ups and the sex scene. Phoebe is certainly nude in the
film even if she isn't nude in all of it.

hanc...@bbs.cpcn.com

Mar 10, 2012, 4:43:17 PM3/10/12
On Mar 8, 9:08 pm, "Obveeus" <Obve...@aol.com> wrote:

> These two stars are both over 21 years old.  Brooke Shields was 14 and
> Christopher Atkins was 18 in the 1980 film.
> It looks like Molly Adair was under 18 when she filmed the original in 1923.

A stand-in was used for Shields in certain scenes of the original
(which was a really lousy movie, IIRC).

Adam H. Kerman

Mar 10, 2012, 5:23:20 PM3/10/12
anim8rFSK <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>denn...@dennism3.invalid (Dennis M) wrote:

>>>Sounds like she got mad because they decided that her body wasn't good
>>>enough to be shown.

>>Didn't that famous pool scene with Cates in Fast Times at Ridgemont High
>>actually use "stunt boobs," so to speak?

>Absolutely not.

>First google hit.
>NSFW
> http://raidergirls.com/raiders_blog/phoebe-cates-fast-times-ridgemont-red-pool-scene/

>Scroll down for assorted stills.

So does any of Phoebe's actual nudity survive in Paradise, given the body
double? I've never tried to sit through that movie.

Duggy

Mar 10, 2012, 5:21:56 PM3/10/12
On Mar 11, 7:43 am, hanco...@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:
> On Mar 8, 9:08 pm, "Obveeus" <Obve...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > These two stars are both over 21 years old.  Brooke Shields was 14 and
> > Christopher Atkins was 18 in the 1980 film.
> > It looks like Molly Adair was under 18 when she filmed the original in 1923.
>
> A stand-in was used for Shields in certain scenes of the original

The underwater swimming scenes, mostly, IIRC.

Brooke Shields was younger than 14 in Pretty Baby.

===
= DUG.
===

Obveeus

Mar 10, 2012, 5:24:45 PM3/10/12

<hanc...@bbs.cpcn.com> wrote:
On Mar 8, 9:08 pm, "Obveeus" <Obve...@aol.com> wrote:

>> These two stars are both over 21 years old. Brooke Shields was 14 and
>> Christopher Atkins was 18 in the 1980 film.
>> It looks like Molly Adair was under 18 when she filmed the original in
>> 1923.
>
>A stand-in was used for Shields in certain scenes of the original

I didn't suggest otherwise. I was objecting to the claim that the remake
cast is two young stars when they are both over 21...as opposed to the
various previous versions of this same story. Much of the discussion of
this occurred in a different thread, though.

> (which was a really lousy movie, IIRC).

I don't recall it being particularly bad. Simplistic, certainly, but an
interesting premise for a story and Brooke Shields, at least, can act.

anim8rFSK

Mar 10, 2012, 6:15:08 PM3/10/12
In article <jjgk8o$sau$5...@news.albasani.net>,
Me either.
Message has been deleted

anim8rFSK

Mar 10, 2012, 7:49:03 PM3/10/12
In article <dennism3-ya0240800...@news.datemas.de>,
denn...@dennism3.invalid (Dennis M) wrote:

> In article <anim8rfsk-72185...@news.easynews.com>, anim8rFSK
> I must be thinking of some other movie where the girl was getting ready to
> strip and then they cut to the boobs only (which were someone else's), for
> some reason I thought it was FTARH.

There are a *lot* of examples of that, but luckily FTARH isn't one of
them!

IIRC they did something similar with Heather Thomas in Zapped.

Duggy

Mar 10, 2012, 8:13:07 PM3/10/12
On Mar 11, 8:23 am, "Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
> So does any of Phoebe's actual nudity survive in Paradise, given the body
> double? I've never tried to sit through that movie.

I've fast forwarded to the good stuff a few times.

There is certainly scenes where her face and naked body appear at the
same time. (T&A, IIRC).

I've tried to watch it normally but it is incredibly boring.

===
= DUG.
===

Duggy

Mar 10, 2012, 8:15:22 PM3/10/12
On Mar 11, 10:06 am, denni...@dennism3.invalid (Dennis M) wrote:
> I must be thinking of some other movie where the girl was getting ready to
> strip and then they cut to the boobs only (which were someone else's), for
> some reason I thought it was FTARH.

That could be a lot of other films.

===
= DUG.
===

Adam H. Kerman

Mar 10, 2012, 10:23:21 PM3/10/12
Thanks.

Mason Barge

Mar 11, 2012, 10:56:57 AM3/11/12
It was awful. You were too busy drooling over Brooke Shields to notice.

Mason Barge

Mar 11, 2012, 11:02:01 AM3/11/12
Well, the way the story came down is that the director cut some of Cates'
nudity out of the movie. The producer then took the final cut and went to
Canada, filmed additional nude close-ups without the director or Cates'
knowledge, and spliced it in.

Cates and the director were furious. Phoebe actually probably wouldn't
have minded the nudity itself, but she was really pissed off about the
behind-the-back sneakiness. They both refused to co-operate in any
publicity for the film at all, which might be part of the reason it did so
badly in the box office. (The other part being, it was a terrible
knock-off of an already bad original.)

Cates had as beautiful a body as has even been captured on celluloid,
though :) I can't imagine the director could possibly screw up
sufficiently to make her look anything but great.

Mason Barge

Mar 11, 2012, 11:02:55 AM3/11/12
On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 14:40:47 -0700, anim8rFSK <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

>In article <dennism3-ya0240800...@news.datemas.de>,
> denn...@dennism3.invalid (Dennis M) wrote:

>> >Sounds like she got mad because they decided that her body wasn't good
>> >enough to be shown.
>>
>> Didn't that famous pool scene with Cates in Fast Times at Ridgemont High
>> actually use "stunt boobs," so to speak?
>
>Absolutely not.

What he said.

Cates had it and wasn't afraid to show it. She talked about it in
interviews.

Mason Barge

Mar 11, 2012, 11:05:03 AM3/11/12
On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 22:23:20 +0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<a...@chinet.com> wrote:

[...]
>So does any of Phoebe's actual nudity survive in Paradise, given the body
>double? I've never tried to sit through that movie.

Oh yeah! She wasn't shy and she still had that fabulous young bod when
Paradise was made. The decision to cut some nudity was made by the
director.

Lord knows what he was thinking. The movie was so good without it?

Mason Barge

Mar 11, 2012, 11:07:24 AM3/11/12
On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 18:06:20 -0600, denn...@dennism3.invalid (Dennis M)
wrote:

[...]
>I must be thinking of some other movie

You misspelled "several thousand other movies".

Now, they have started using cgi to add nudity. I mean, it's just weird.
The actress does a scene with her nipples taped and then they add nipples
in post-production!

Mason Barge

Mar 11, 2012, 11:11:03 AM3/11/12
On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 13:21:48 -0800 (PST), Duggy <p.allan...@gmail.com>
wrote:
That might have changed. My understanding of current MPAA guidelines is
that you can only show a bare breast from the side, briefly, without
getting an "R" for sex. I heard an actress talking about it recently,
maybe Kristin Stewart (or Pattinson even) in connection with the last
Twilight installment.

They might allow more if the breast is not shown in a sexual setting. I'm
just making that up, though.

Full frontal? Not a chance, not today.

anim8rFSK

Mar 11, 2012, 11:48:43 AM3/11/12
In article <gufpl7l5527kdiu95...@4ax.com>,
The MPAA has *never* had firm guidelines, which is why they're so
impossible to deal with. They look at something, find it offensive (or
permissible) for unfathomable reasons, rule, and you bribe or sue them.

anim8rFSK

Mar 11, 2012, 11:49:28 AM3/11/12
In article <0qfpl712aj1dkijvc...@4ax.com>,
And the reverse. The remake of ROLLERBALL decided to go from R to PG
and had a 'nipple removal' team working on it.

Mason Barge

Mar 11, 2012, 12:24:19 PM3/11/12
You know, I've been thinking about a new career . . . .

Michael Black

Mar 11, 2012, 12:53:56 PM3/11/12
That must have hurt.

Michael

Adam H. Kerman

Mar 11, 2012, 3:03:56 PM3/11/12
anim8rFSK <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

>The MPAA has *never* had firm guidelines, which is why they're so
>impossible to deal with. They look at something, find it offensive (or
>permissible) for unfathomable reasons, rule, and you bribe or sue them.

Just how do those rating panels of the MPAA Classification and Ratings
Administration work? Do they have a list of PTAs around the country,
choose one at random, and send them a raw cut of the movie to censor?

anim8rFSK

Mar 11, 2012, 4:35:35 PM3/11/12
In article <jjisus$vit$3...@news.albasani.net>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

LOL

Basically it's a variation on the old protection racket where thugs
would come by your store and you give them money so they make sure your
windows don't get broken.

You pay the MPAA money - something like $2500 to $25,000 depending on
the budget of your film - in exchange for which nobody pressures
theaters into not showing your film. They also get control over a lot
of aspects of production, like approval of your movie posters and
advertising and everything.

I'm not sure what they charge for appeals, or look again if you've made
changes. But they won't give you a hard list of changes, like 'pull the
third instance of f*ck* or remove the puppy dog from earshot when it's
said' - instead you get some arcane mention of 'too much salty language'
and then you have to cut and guess and resubmit.

I have no idea how the viewings are done these days, if the board gets
together or everybody gets a DVD and chats online or what.

Hmm. Wiki says:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_Picture_Association_of_America_film_r
ating_system#MPAA_Ratings_Board

"out of all the rating systems across over 30 different countries only
the American system are the members not disclosed by the organization.
Members must sign contracted agreements that they will not disclose any
information about the MPAA to the public."

So it's sort of like the Illuminati or Freemasons too, meeting in secret
to control the world from behind the scenes.

Jim G.

Mar 12, 2012, 3:13:17 PM3/12/12
anim8rFSK sent the following on 3/10/2012 3:40 PM:
Once again, the glory of pre-ink and -plastic Hollywood...

--
Jim G. | Waukesha, WI
NoCLoDS Founding Member (No Cop, Lawyer or Doctor Shows)