What Did You Watch? 2017-02-08 (Wednesday)

Ubiquitous

Feb 9, 2017, 6:45:10 AM2/9/17
After my PT tried to kill me, I watched:

HOW THE UNIVERSE WORKS:

IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA:
"Hero or Hate Crime?". The gang fight over a lottery ticket and seek
out an arbitrator to decide a rightful owner, who also decides if
Frank is a hero or hate monger. Bwah ha ha!

What did you watch?

--
A whistleblower says the only global warming occurring in the last 12
years was caused by the Obama administration cooking the (data) books.

Obveeus

Feb 9, 2017, 9:43:33 AM2/9/17
I watched:

MODERN FAMILY: A valentine's Day episode mostly involving women being
annoyingly dangerous on the big day and men being fumbling/inept on the
big day. I did like the twist at the end, though it was obvious that it
was coming all along.

THE EXPANSE: Earth takes retribution on Mars by blowing up one of its
moons. The Belters find out more of what was going on with the Julie
Mao experiment. Our gumshoe hero has a plan to use the Mormons as a
ultimate solution.

SIX: Once we get past a bunch of lame home life stuff about low
motility sperm, the seal team is finally sent on the rescue mission.
Concurrently, the Muslim guy who's brother was assassinated by the seal
team is closing in on his own anti-rescue mission. Toss in some heavy
handed bible thumping and a battle that results in a bunch of dead
bodies and the episode alternates between faced paced action and hand
wringing emotional baggage.

LEGION: The 90 minute premiere of this new Marvel superhero story on FX
Network. This pilot episode was a mix of super hero origin story and
MR. ROBOT level weirdness. I don't think I understood most of what was
going on and I'm not confident that future viewing will be able to
explain it in a logical manner. The worst part of the episode was the
very end, which did turn everything comic-booky and doesn't bode well
for the future.

OUTSIDERS: Somehow, the government (or the mining company) has put up a
fence around the mountain without the OUTSIDERS noticing the
construction. Meanwhile, back on the mountain, Big Foster asks for
forgiveness and tells the folk tale about a tribe of evil thieves...with
the same name as the tribe that showed up new this season. Odd that
none of the rest of the OUTSIDERS have brought up this folklore and /or
heeded it. Meanwhile, Little Foster adapts poorly to prison life.
Meanwhile, the sheriff procures some insurance fraud and calculates his
net worth...but neither of these is likely to be of any help his dying
sister. Meanwhile, we get an object lesson in abortion being too
expensive an option for some.

Still for later...THE MAGICIANS.

What did you watch?

Arthur Lipscomb

Feb 9, 2017, 10:02:43 AM2/9/17
On 2/9/2017 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> After my PT tried to kill me, I watched:
>

> IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA:

Saved for later along with a bunch of other stuff.

> What did you watch?

I watched:

Legion - Set in an unspecified X-Men universe, this series follows
Professor X's son David, although Professor X is never seen or even
mentioned. David is locked in a mental institution so nothing we see in
the premier can be trusted. We are also constantly told he may be the
most powerful mutant ever although exactly what his powers are is not
really clear. I was completely frustrated by this pilot. And when
everything came to a halt so they could do a musical number didn't help
either! If your in the middle of the second season of American Horror
Story, then you have built up enough good will with the audience to do a
musical number out of the blue. If you are the pilot of a new series
you need to work on actually building up that good will, not throw in
musical numbers to show how hip or whatever you're trying to be. I'll
watch again but I really hope they dump the quirkiness.

Law & Order:SVU - "Motherly Love" - A young teen comes home and hears
weird struggling sounds coming from his mother in the kitchen. He gets
his father's rifle then sees someone having sex with his mother. She
looks at him and says, "Help me I'm being raped." So he shoots and
kills the guy who turns out to be his teenage best friend. At that
point, I *knew* exactly how the episode would play out and I was pretty
much right.

Arrow - "Bratva" - I didn't really follow this.

The Mick - "The Snitch" - I think this was already covered. Funny enough.

This is Us - "I Call Marriage" - Kate continues to lose weight while
Randal copes with his dad's pending death. Meh.

John Wick (4K blu-ray) - Keanu Reeves plays a hitman who takes on the
entire Russian mob after the son of a mob boss kills his dog. Holds up
great.

Obveeus

Feb 9, 2017, 10:16:12 AM2/9/17

On 2/9/2017 10:02 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:

> Legion - Set in an unspecified X-Men universe,

> If you are the pilot of a new series
> you need to work on actually building up that good will, not throw in
> musical numbers to show how hip or whatever you're trying to be. I'll
> watch again but I really hope they dump the quirkiness.

Sounds like you came away from it as unimpressed as I was. I didn't
much care for the musical number, but the 'quirkiness' was about the
only thing that kept me engaged. What lost me most was the silly action
sequence ending, which did look like something from X-MEN.

> This is Us - "I Call Marriage" - Kate continues to lose weight

Did I see that correctly...the bit where we are supposed to believe she
did 12 miles on a hiking trail? I'm not sure I'd believe 1.2 miles much
less 12.

icebreaker

Feb 9, 2017, 1:22:17 PM2/9/17
The Magicians (MTV) -- Poor Kacey Rohl. Girl can't catch a break. This
is the stupidest thing I watch. I think. For some reason, I get roped
in by it.

Lethal Weapon (Fox) -- My favorite show by far this season. A guy
riding a motorcycle is hit by a truck after he stops his ride to peer
over the valley. The dead turns out to be the Shrink's (Jordana
Brewster) boyfriend. This throws The Boys into her life on an intimate
level, especially Riggs who saves her life. She tries to send him to
another therapist, but it doesn't take. There is little doubt there
will be romance between The Shrink and Riggs at some point. Neither
will be able to stop it now. In the B story Murtaugh catches his
daughter in a lie and Mom finds a false driver's license.

Code Black (CBS) -- Angels Memorial does what the CDC can't -- find a
vaccine. Oh bother. And it looked like all would succumb until the
miracle cure. Nice center stage miracle surgery for the gal shot by
the soldier with all the spectators cheering. This played out likes a
series ender so maybe they had a heads up about not coming back. I
think they were on probation with CBS during season 2.

Chicago PD (NBC) -- Jay goes undercover at a troubled girls detention
facility to investigate the death of a 15 year old who wasn't reported
missing by the center. Pretty good one.

The 100 (CW) -- Our girl Octavia expertly brain kills a rival to King
Roan with a relatively bloodless knife thrust through the ear.
Bellamy, sent to retieve some machinery to aid life support for the
Ark as a shelter from the impending radiation storm, instead uses said
machinery to allow for the freeing of captured Sky tribe discovered
with the machine. Clarke lies to everyone (doesn't tell the whole
truth) to get workers to repair the Ark.

Ian J. Ball

Feb 9, 2017, 1:50:56 PM2/9/17
On 2017-02-09 18:22:11 +0000, icebreaker said:

> [snip]

I'll do a two-day tomorrow.

--
"His compassion killed him." - Dr. Sabine Lommers, in

anim8rfsk

Feb 9, 2017, 2:04:00 PM2/9/17
In article <9jap9c5j407qk5cra...@4ax.com>,
icebreaker <icebr...@nowhere.com> wrote:

> The Magicians (MTV) -- Poor Kacey Rohl. Girl can't catch a break. This
> is the stupidest thing I watch.

Wait - you watch

> The 100 (CW) -- Our girl Octavia expertly brain kills a rival to King
> Roan with a relatively bloodless knife thrust through the ear.
> Bellamy, sent to retieve some machinery to aid life support for the
> Ark as a shelter from the impending radiation storm, instead uses said
> machinery to allow for the freeing of captured Sky tribe discovered
> with the machine. Clarke lies to everyone (doesn't tell the whole
> truth) to get workers to repair the Ark.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

anim8rfsk

Feb 9, 2017, 2:34:14 PM2/9/17
In article <o7hv37$c5j$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> LEGION: The 90 minute premiere of this new Marvel superhero story on FX
> Network. This pilot episode was a mix of super hero origin story and
> MR. ROBOT level weirdness. I don't think I understood most of what was
> going on and I'm not confident that future viewing will be able to
> explain it in a logical manner. The worst part of the episode was the
> very end, which did turn everything comic-booky and doesn't bode well
> for the future.

I wouldn't have watched it had I known Byran Singer was behind it.

The ending seems to indicate that the pilot had *nothing* to do with
whatever the series will be.

anim8rfsk

Feb 9, 2017, 2:36:05 PM2/9/17
In article <o7i074$glp$1...@dont-email.me>,
Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> I watched:
>
> Legion - Set in an unspecified X-Men universe, this series follows
> Professor X's son David, although Professor X is never seen or even
> mentioned.

Did you get this from the narrative or from outside reading?

David is locked in a mental institution so nothing we see in
> the premier can be trusted. We are also constantly told he may be the
> most powerful mutant ever although exactly what his powers are is not
> really clear. I was completely frustrated by this pilot.

Yes

And when
> everything came to a halt so they could do a musical number didn't help
> either! If your in the middle of the second season of American Horror
> Story, then you have built up enough good will with the audience to do a
> musical number out of the blue.

Also when your entire hook is "which reality is real" and one of them
has Bollywood musical numbers, you pretty much know which one to ignore

If you are the pilot of a new series
> you need to work on actually building up that good will, not throw in
> musical numbers to show how hip or whatever you're trying to be. I'll
> watch again but I really hope they dump the quirkiness.

The quirkiness was all I liked. One and done for me.

anim8rfsk

Feb 9, 2017, 2:42:49 PM2/9/17
In article <o7i10f$k0k$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 2/9/2017 10:02 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
>
> > Legion - Set in an unspecified X-Men universe,
>

> > If you are the pilot of a new series
> > you need to work on actually building up that good will, not throw in
> > musical numbers to show how hip or whatever you're trying to be. I'll
> > watch again but I really hope they dump the quirkiness.
>
> Sounds like you came away from it as unimpressed as I was. I didn't
> much care for the musical number, but the 'quirkiness' was about the
> only thing that kept me engaged. What lost me most was the silly action
> sequence ending, which did look like something from X-MEN.

Badly directed Singer X-Men. When you can just wave your hand and
(without looking) send your opponents flying, why the Hell do you try
and make a broken field run through guys with automatic weapons instead
of clearing the area first?

Reading this makes me want to run screaming:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_(Marvel_Comics)

Obveeus

Feb 9, 2017, 3:43:29 PM2/9/17

On 2/9/2017 2:34 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <o7hv37$c5j$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> LEGION: The 90 minute premiere of this new Marvel superhero story on FX
>> Network. This pilot episode was a mix of super hero origin story and
>> MR. ROBOT level weirdness. I don't think I understood most of what was
>> going on and I'm not confident that future viewing will be able to
>> explain it in a logical manner. The worst part of the episode was the
>> very end, which did turn everything comic-booky and doesn't bode well
>> for the future.
>
> I wouldn't have watched it had I known Byran Singer was behind it.
>
> The ending seems to indicate that the pilot had *nothing* to do with
> whatever the series will be.

that would be my worst case scenario with the rest of the series being
silly CGI action battles mixed with a bunch of mental wanking as to if
any of it is real.

Obveeus

Feb 9, 2017, 3:48:58 PM2/9/17
Ok, I didn't read all of that because it just kept getting worse.

anim8rfsk

Feb 9, 2017, 3:56:07 PM2/9/17
In article <o7ikgd$1je$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
Glance at the end, which is a seemingly endless list of his
personalities and their powers.

anim8rfsk

Feb 9, 2017, 3:56:33 PM2/9/17
In article <o7ik62$vlb$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:
I swear to God, I'd look forward to the musical numbers.

Obveeus

Feb 9, 2017, 4:22:50 PM2/9/17
Everything from Biblical namesakes to Pokemon style powered characters
to things that are idiotic (voodoo doll self). This sound like such a
bad future for a show.

As for the ratings, LEGION had a good start with
a 0.69 in the 18-49 demo. For reference last night a few other shows:

FULL FRONTAL W/ SAMANTHA BEE: 0.52
SIX: 0.37
THE MAGICIANS: 0.35
THE QUAD: 0.35
ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA: 0.34
SUITS 0.32
THE EXPANSE: 0.18
MAN SEEKING WOMAN: 0.12
SCHITTS CREEK: 0.07

Source:
http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-wednesday-cable-originals-network-finals-2-8-2017.html

Obveeus

Feb 9, 2017, 4:24:17 PM2/9/17
Well, you do have that upcoming THE FLASH/SUPERGIRL musical episode
crossover to look forward to.

anim8rfsk

Feb 9, 2017, 5:00:49 PM2/9/17
In article <o7imij$acq$2...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
At least half of it.

anim8rfsk

Feb 9, 2017, 5:02:16 PM2/9/17
In article <o7imfs$acq$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
Do we have to divide that .69 by the 30 times they aired it, or subtract
the 17 X-Men movies running on at least two different channels seeding
the pot?

Obveeus

Feb 9, 2017, 5:05:47 PM2/9/17
Nope. These are live +SameDay numbers so only airings that went on
until 2am (I think that is when Nielsen decided that the 'Same Day'
ends) count. If the same commercial block ran on the later airings,
though, then they would be added to the Live+3 or Live+7 totals as defined.

> or subtract
> the 17 X-Men movies running on at least two different channels seeding
> the pot?

As with any TV show, lead-in matters...a lot.

Bob(but not THAT Bob)

Feb 9, 2017, 9:34:14 PM2/9/17
anim8rfsk wrote:

> In article <o7hv37$c5j$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
> > LEGION: The 90 minute premiere of this new Marvel superhero story on FX
> > Network. This pilot episode was a mix of super hero origin story and
> > MR. ROBOT level weirdness. I don't think I understood most of what was
> > going on and I'm not confident that future viewing will be able to
> > explain it in a logical manner. The worst part of the episode was the
> > very end, which did turn everything comic-booky and doesn't bode well
> > for the future.
>
> I wouldn't have watched it had I known Byran Singer was behind it.
>
> The ending seems to indicate that the pilot had *nothing* to do with
> whatever the series will be.

They never would have sucked anyone like me in if we'd known he'd join
some "heroes" team in the end.

Arthur Lipscomb

Feb 9, 2017, 9:42:56 PM2/9/17
On 2/9/2017 11:36 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <o7i074$glp$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
>
>> I watched:
>>
>> Legion - Set in an unspecified X-Men universe, this series follows
>> Professor X's son David, although Professor X is never seen or even
>> mentioned.
>
> Did you get this from the narrative or from outside reading?

All the promotional material I've read has mentioned the relationship.
They also refuse to say if it's in the movie universe or not but they
definitely won't make any explicit references to the movies at least not
at first. However, there's apparently another X-Men TV series on the
way that will explicitly be set in the X-Men movie universe.

anim8rfsk

Feb 9, 2017, 10:39:05 PM2/9/17
In article <o7j982$tva$1...@dont-email.me>,
Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> On 2/9/2017 11:36 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <o7i074$glp$1...@dont-email.me>,
> > Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> >
> >> I watched:
> >>
> >> Legion - Set in an unspecified X-Men universe, this series follows
> >> Professor X's son David, although Professor X is never seen or even
> >> mentioned.
> >
> > Did you get this from the narrative or from outside reading?
> >

> All the promotional material I've read has mentioned the relationship.
> They also refuse to say if it's in the movie universe or not but they
> definitely won't make any explicit references to the movies at least not
> at first. However, there's apparently another X-Men TV series on the
> way that will explicitly be set in the X-Men movie universe.

thanks. I read about it for the first time today. Apparently they
initially said it was in the movie universe, but have since said it's an
alternate universe ...

shawn

Feb 9, 2017, 11:06:43 PM2/9/17
On Thu, 09 Feb 2017 12:36:02 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net>
wrote:

>In article <o7i074$glp$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
>
>> I watched:
>>
>> Legion - Set in an unspecified X-Men universe, this series follows
>> Professor X's son David, although Professor X is never seen or even
>> mentioned.
>
>Did you get this from the narrative or from outside reading?

Nothing in the episode suggests this to be the case. So the writers
could go either way with David's parentage.

> David is locked in a mental institution so nothing we see in
>> the premier can be trusted. We are also constantly told he may be the
>> most powerful mutant ever although exactly what his powers are is not
>> really clear. I was completely frustrated by this pilot.

What we saw was telekinesis as he's made objects move multiple times.
Apparently he also has the ability to bend reality given that he made
the doors disappear as if they never existed. I know the comics
supposedly have him having multiple powers but each is controlled by a
different personality. It's not clear to me whether they will do
something similar with the show (David's shown the telekinesis, and
then when Sidney was in David's body is when the doors disappeared) so
we will have to wait to see.

>Yes

I was a bit frustrated by the untrustworthy narration but that's the
point. Much like with MR ROBOT you can't be sure if what you are being
shown is the truth or not.

> And when
>> everything came to a halt so they could do a musical number didn't help
>> either! If your in the middle of the second season of American Horror
>> Story, then you have built up enough good will with the audience to do a
>> musical number out of the blue.
>
>Also when your entire hook is "which reality is real" and one of them
>has Bollywood musical numbers, you pretty much know which one to ignore
>
> If you are the pilot of a new series
>> you need to work on actually building up that good will, not throw in
>> musical numbers to show how hip or whatever you're trying to be. I'll
>> watch again but I really hope they dump the quirkiness.
>
>The quirkiness was all I liked. One and done for me.

Oh I really liked it and will be back for more.

Dimensional Traveler

Feb 9, 2017, 11:28:12 PM2/9/17
Aren't they like three or four Marvel movie universes?

--
Running the rec.arts.TV Channels Watched Survey.
Winter 2016 survey began Dec 01 and will end Feb 28

anim8rfsk

Feb 10, 2017, 12:42:23 AM2/10/17
In article <qkeq9cdekhqjqsolq...@4ax.com>,
shawn <nanof...@gNOTmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 09 Feb 2017 12:36:02 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <o7i074$glp$1...@dont-email.me>,
> > Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> >
> >> I watched:
> >>
> >> Legion - Set in an unspecified X-Men universe, this series follows
> >> Professor X's son David, although Professor X is never seen or even
> >> mentioned.
> >
> >Did you get this from the narrative or from outside reading?
>
> Nothing in the episode suggests this to be the case. So the writers
> could go either way with David's parentage.
>
> > David is locked in a mental institution so nothing we see in
> >> the premier can be trusted. We are also constantly told he may be the
> >> most powerful mutant ever although exactly what his powers are is not
> >> really clear. I was completely frustrated by this pilot.
>
> What we saw was telekinesis as he's made objects move multiple times.
> Apparently he also has the ability to bend reality given that he made
> the doors disappear as if they never existed.

I wasn't sure what he was doing under water - causing the fireburst
above or protecting himself from it.

shawn

Feb 10, 2017, 12:53:19 AM2/10/17
On Thu, 09 Feb 2017 22:42:16 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net>
wrote:

>In article <qkeq9cdekhqjqsolq...@4ax.com>,
> shawn <nanof...@gNOTmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 09 Feb 2017 12:36:02 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>> >Did you get this from the narrative or from outside reading?
>>
>> Nothing in the episode suggests this to be the case. So the writers
>> could go either way with David's parentage.
>>
>> > David is locked in a mental institution so nothing we see in
>>
>> What we saw was telekinesis as he's made objects move multiple times.
>> Apparently he also has the ability to bend reality given that he made
>> the doors disappear as if they never existed.
>
>I wasn't sure what he was doing under water - causing the fireburst
>above or protecting himself from it.

Given that he was told to stay underwater until he saw Sidney I think
it's one of the other mutants that created the fireburst.

anim8rfsk

Feb 10, 2017, 12:53:24 AM2/10/17
In article <o7jfdd$cuj$2...@dont-email.me>,
Depends on who you listen to. Officially the "Marvel Cinematic
Universe" is the stuff Disney owns; starting with Iron Man (which allows
them to blissfully ignore that horrible Hulk Dogs movie), Avengers, etc.
through Doctor Strange, and it includes the Netflix stuff, and the ABC
stuff, and the upcoming Cloak & Dagger on Squiggle. But Fox has X-Men,
and Sony (?) has/had Spider-Man, although now he's shared ... and
there's whoever keeps crapping out worse and worse Fantastic Four films.
I think they're trying to say that unless you have multiple franchises
under the same umbrella, it's not a 'Universe' it's just somebody making
lousy Punisher movies. Wait, Fox is doing the FF garbage, so they sort
of have their own little universe, although who cares?

I love that Marvel cancelled the FF book amidst conspiracy theories that
they were trying to devalue the property so much that Fox would let them
have it back and there would be a glorious relaunch ...

Arthur Lipscomb

Feb 10, 2017, 1:08:00 AM2/10/17
Fantastic Four is Fox too. Legion would be in the Fox X-Men universe if
they ever officially commit to it.

> I think they're trying to say that unless you have multiple franchises
> under the same umbrella, it's not a 'Universe' it's just somebody making
> lousy Punisher movies. Wait, Fox is doing the FF garbage, so they sort
> of have their own little universe, although who cares?

For whatever reason Fox never put the Fantastic Four into the X-Men
universe. I guess maybe that's a good thing. Fox also has Deadpool
which obviously referenced the X-Men movies but they may spin it off
into a separate universe.

> I love that Marvel cancelled the FF book amidst conspiracy theories that
> they were trying to devalue the property so much that Fox would let them
> have it back and there would be a glorious relaunch ...

It was pretty blatant. Did you see this:
http://www.firstshowing.net/2014/whoa-new-punisher-comic-kills-cast-of-the-fantastic-four-reboot/

TeeJay1952

Feb 10, 2017, 6:35:39 AM2/10/17
Orphan Black (X)

Obveeus

Feb 10, 2017, 9:13:41 AM2/10/17

On 2/9/2017 11:04 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Feb 2017 12:36:02 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> In article <o7i074$glp$1...@dont-email.me>,
>> Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I watched:
>>>
>>> Legion - Set in an unspecified X-Men universe, this series follows
>>> Professor X's son David, although Professor X is never seen or even
>>> mentioned.
>>
>> Did you get this from the narrative or from outside reading?
>
> Nothing in the episode suggests this to be the case. So the writers
> could go either way with David's parentage.
>
>> David is locked in a mental institution so nothing we see in
>>> the premier can be trusted. We are also constantly told he may be the
>>> most powerful mutant ever although exactly what his powers are is not
>>> really clear. I was completely frustrated by this pilot.
>
> What we saw was telekinesis as he's made objects move multiple times.
> Apparently he also has the ability to bend reality given that he made
> the doors disappear as if they never existed. I know the comics
> supposedly have him having multiple powers but each is controlled by a
> different personality. It's not clear to me whether they will do
> something similar with the show (David's shown the telekinesis, and
> then when Sidney was in David's body is when the doors disappeared) so
> we will have to wait to see.

This was where I had a big problem with the pilot. If Sidney exists as
an actual person and entered his body, causing the power to remove the
doors then it would seem that his body has super powers rather than his
mind. That seems entirely illogical given the kind of superpowers on
display. As a result, I'm left with the opinion that she isn't a
separate person and that maybe no one is and that the entire series has
to take place within a crazy man's head. Otherwise, I don't think what
we saw in the pilot can be resolved in a logical way.

>> Yes
>
> I was a bit frustrated by the untrustworthy narration but that's the
> point. Much like with MR ROBOT you can't be sure if what you are being
> shown is the truth or not.

The nice thing about MR. ROBOT, though, is that the truth could be
gleened from what was shown on screen. I remember some people objecting
when I initially said that the dad was all in the son's head, but then
as they watched subsequent episodes with that possibility in mind it all
fit.

>> The quirkiness was all I liked. One and done for me.
>
> Oh I really liked it and will be back for more.

For me, it really depends on where they go from here. The last bit of
the pilot was *not* promising as a direction. The quirky world of the
first 80+ minutes of the pilot was at least engaging, though I'm not
sure if it is sustainable without some larger direction.

anim8rfsk

Feb 10, 2017, 11:57:52 AM2/10/17
In article <o7jl8i$qa4$1...@dont-email.me>,
I hadn't seen that, that's great, thanks, although I hope they did a
special issue with The Punisher tracking down Jordan.

anim8rfsk

Feb 10, 2017, 11:59:28 AM2/10/17
In article <05lq9ct3eaq3uubrt...@4ax.com>,
Yeah, but he seemed to be doing *something* other than just hiding under
water, burt I wasn't sure *what* ... was that Quentin Collins on the
other end of the radio?

~consul

Feb 16, 2017, 4:58:29 PM2/16/17
On 2/9/2017 9:43 AM, Obveeus wrote:
> OUTSIDERS: Somehow, the government (or the mining company) has put up
> a fence around the mountain without the OUTSIDERS noticing the
> construction. Meanwhile, back on the mountain, Big Foster asks for
> forgiveness and tells the folk tale about a tribe of evil
> thieves...with the same name as the tribe that showed up new this
> season. Odd that none of the rest of the OUTSIDERS have brought up
> this folklore and /or heeded it. Meanwhile, Little Foster adapts

Other folks have mentioned it in the previous episode, Big Foster is
repeating it because he wasn't there, and to reinforce it for the
viewing audience who wasn't there.
--
"... respect, all good works are not done by only good folk. For here,
at the end of all things, we shall do what needs to be done."

anim8rfsk

Feb 16, 2017, 5:21:06 PM2/16/17
The Netflix suggested I watch GIRLFRIEND'S DAY a Netflix original.

This was one of the worst things I've ever seen, in every respect.
Aside from being dreary and miserable and poorly written, acted, and
directed, it looked like it was shot through an old sock. The make-up
was appalling. Even the titles were unreadable. Quit less than 10
minutes in and rated it 'hated it'