Repeats, repeats, repeats, college basketball, endless PBS musicals, HELL IS REAL!!

1 view

RichA

Mar 24, 2011, 7:00:47 PM3/24/11
What a worthless TV season at this point. Are they ALL ASLEEP???!

Steve Newport

Mar 24, 2011, 7:46:57 PM3/24/11
There should be more PBS muscals. Just not LES MIS again.

"There's nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music.
Musicals carry us to a different time and place, but in the end, they
also teach us a little bit of something about ourselves. In many ways,
the story of Broadway is also intertwined with the story of America.
Some of the greatest singers and songwriters Broadway has ever known
came to this country on a boat with nothing more than an idea in their
head and a song in their heart. And they succeeded the same way that so
many immigrants have succeeded through talent and hard work and sheer
determination. Over the years, musicals have also been at the forefront
of our social consciousness, challenging stereotypes, shaping our
opinions about race and religion, death and disease, power and politics.
But perhaps the most American part of this truly American art form is
its optimism. Broadway music calls us to see the best in ourselves and
in the world around us."-- President Obama

"Musicals blow the dust off your soul."-- Mel Brooks

suzeeq

Mar 24, 2011, 11:06:35 PM3/24/11
RichA wrote:
> What a worthless TV season at this point. Are they ALL ASLEEP???!

Next week should bring some new episodes.

Gerry

Mar 24, 2011, 11:38:55 PM3/24/11
In article <imh0ri$jfr$1...@dont-email.me>, suzeeq <su...@imbris.com>
wrote:

> RichA wrote:
> > What a worthless TV season at this point. Are they ALL ASLEEP???!
>
> Next week should bring some new episodes.

RichA will complain about next week as well as he has done for 52 weeks
a year for several years.

You do know he's Canadian!

Obveeus

Mar 24, 2011, 11:39:51 PM3/24/11

"suzeeq" <su...@imbris.com> wrote in message

> RichA wrote:
>> What a worthless TV season at this point. Are they ALL ASLEEP???!
>
> Next week should bring some new episodes.

Aside from Bones and CW, every show on network TV was new tonight.

suzeeq

Mar 25, 2011, 12:24:14 AM3/25/11

Yes, but not all canadians complain, just a couple of them...

Michael Black

Mar 25, 2011, 2:09:40 AM3/25/11

The two or three, plus the guy with a near infinite number of names,
make up for the rest who don't complain.

Indeed, those 2 to 4 people (and the last one's multiple personalites)
are so constant that they make it seem like all Canadians do is complain.

Michael

Your Reckoning

Mar 25, 2011, 3:27:13 AM3/25/11
On Mar 25, 2:09 am, Michael Black <et...@ncf.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2011, suzeeq wrote:
> > Gerry wrote:
> >> You do know he's Canadian!
>
> > Yes, but not all canadians complain, just a couple of them...
>
> The two or three, plus the guy with a near infinite number of names,
> make up for the rest who don't complain.

What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do
with television, Black?

> Indeed, those 2 to 4 people (and the last one's multiple personalites)
> are so constant that they make it seem like all Canadians do is complain.

What do your multiple personalities have to do with television, Black?

erilar

Mar 25, 2011, 9:00:53 AM3/25/11
In article <imh2qi$9ri$1...@dont-email.me>, "Obveeus" <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

Which night was that? You must be counting the "reality" trash.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist

http://www.mosaictelecom.com/~erilarlo

David Johnston

Mar 25, 2011, 9:09:40 AM3/25/11
On Mar 25, 7:00 am, erilar <dra...@chibardun.net.invalid> wrote:
> In article <imh2qi$9r...@dont-email.me>, "Obveeus" <Obve...@aol.com>

> wrote:
>
> > "suzeeq" <su...@imbris.com> wrote in message
>
> > > Next week should bring some new episodes.
>
> > Aside from Bones and CW, every show on network TV was new tonight.
>
> Which night was that?  You must be counting the "reality" trash.

On Thursday, when he posted, according to the online guides, every NBC
sitcom was a new episode. ABC had new episodes of Grays Anatomy and
Private Practice. CBS was apparently given over to some kind of
athletic competition but only Fox was running reruns.

Obveeus

Mar 25, 2011, 9:34:32 AM3/25/11

Yep...every network was new programming, aside from CW.

> but only Fox was running reruns.

Even FOX had an hour of new, though it was 'reality trash': American Idol.

KoshN

Mar 25, 2011, 11:14:12 AM3/25/11

CBS had nothing all night.

I watched a little of the Bones rerun, and recorded Leno and Fallon to
watch later (before tonights Leno and Fallon, so I have room for
tonight's Leno and Fallon.)

Tonight, other than NBC late night, the only thing worth watching/
recording is Fringe (New).

Barry Margolin

Mar 25, 2011, 10:27:19 PM3/25/11
In article
<44cd0047-b1d0-4b0e...@f15g2000pro.googlegroups.com>,
Your Reckoning <recko...@gmail.com> wrote:

What do your constant "what does ... have to do with television"
questions have to do with television, Reckoning?

--
Barry Margolin, bar...@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA

Barry Margolin

Mar 25, 2011, 10:29:16 PM3/25/11
In article
<8024abbe-51ce-47d6...@k15g2000prk.googlegroups.com>,
KoshN <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Mar 24, 11:39 pm, "Obveeus" <Obve...@aol.com> wrote:
> > "suzeeq" <su...@imbris.com> wrote in message

> > > Next week should bring some new episodes.
> >
> > Aside from Bones and CW, every show on network TV was new tonight.
>
> CBS had nothing all night.

It had new basketball games, not reruns.

Not of interest to me, but the ratings suggest that I'm out of step with
the mainstream.

Your Reckoning

Mar 25, 2011, 10:30:43 PM3/25/11
On Mar 25, 10:27 pm, Barry Margolin <bar...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> In article
> <44cd0047-b1d0-4b0e-9d6a-2ceb990a6...@f15g2000pro.googlegroups.com>,

>  Your Reckoning <reckonin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > The two or three, plus the guy with a near infinite number of names,
> > > make up for the rest who don't complain.
>
> > What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do
> > with television, Black?
>
> > > Indeed, those 2 to 4 people (and the last one's multiple personalites)
> > > are so constant that they make it seem like all Canadians do is complain.
>
> > What do your multiple personalities have to do with television, Black?
>
> What do your constant "what does ... have to do with television"
> questions have to do with television, Reckoning?

Reread the ten characters before the comma, Margolin. Suffering from
reading comprehension problems, Margolin?

Obveeus

Mar 26, 2011, 5:13:21 AM3/26/11

"Barry Margolin" <bar...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> KoshN <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mar 24, 11:39 pm, "Obveeus" <Obve...@aol.com> wrote:
>> > "suzeeq" <su...@imbris.com> wrote in message

>> > Aside from Bones and CW, every show on network TV was new tonight.
>>
>> CBS had nothing all night.
>
> It had new basketball games, not reruns.
>
> Not of interest to me, but the ratings suggest that I'm out of step with
> the mainstream.

As an aside, the whole first week of NCAA basketball ratings on CBS was
pretty poor, diluted down by similar product being offered up on cable at
the same time. On Thursday, the Arizona/Duke game finally ended that streak
of poor ratings performances by the NCAAs on CBS this season. I'm actually
interested to see how Friday's ratings look, to see if the Arizona/Duke game
was a fluke or if audiences are starting to really get focused. There have
been so many upsets (teams with the big followings getting eliminated) that
the NCAAs may have an uphill battle to bring in the huge final four audience
they want.

KoshN

Mar 26, 2011, 11:12:16 AM3/26/11
On Mar 25, 10:27 pm, Barry Margolin <bar...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> In article
> <44cd0047-b1d0-4b0e-9d6a-2ceb990a6...@f15g2000pro.googlegroups.com>,
>  Your Reckoning <reckonin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > The two or three, plus the guy with a near infinite number of names,
> > > make up for the rest who don't complain.
>
> > What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do
> > with television, Black?
>
> > > Indeed, those 2 to 4 people (and the last one's multiple personalites)
> > > are so constant that they make it seem like all Canadians do is complain.
>
> > What do your multiple personalities have to do with television, Black?
>
> What do your constant "what does ... have to do with television"
> questions have to do with television, Reckoning?

Barry, while it seems like it'd be fun to engage in a nice game of
Whack a Troll, you know that just feeds it. It's kind of sad that the
nym changer's existence is built around being a nuisance to everybody
else 24/7. Heh, maybe that would be a good Reality TV show, Whack a
Troll, complete with Gallagher mallets.

KoshN

Mar 26, 2011, 11:29:53 AM3/26/11
On Mar 25, 10:29 pm, Barry Margolin <bar...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> In article
> <8024abbe-51ce-47d6-b689-1ac6603b0...@k15g2000prk.googlegroups.com>,

>  KoshN <macthevor...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Mar 24, 11:39 pm, "Obveeus" <Obve...@aol.com> wrote:
> > > "suzeeq" <su...@imbris.com> wrote in message

> > > Aside from Bones and CW, every show on network TV was new tonight.
>
> > CBS had nothing all night.
>
> It had new basketball games, not reruns.
>
> Not of interest to me,

Yeah, it held about as much interest for me as a night of analog 100%
static with the volume turned up high, The View with its harpies going
nonstop, The Jerry Springer Show and others of the same ilk or rap/hip-
hop videos.

> but the ratings suggest that I'm out of step with
> the mainstream.

I used to be interested in some sports (baseball, football, hockey and
a little basketball), but seems that once I got away from it for a few
years, ....got some distance from it (perspective) and looked back, I
had no interest in it and wondered what the Hell all the fuss was
about.

I'd rather have reruns. At least then I could possibly catch an
episode I missed.

erilar

Mar 26, 2011, 5:45:36 PM3/26/11
In article
<ea215bbe-678b-41a1...@n2g2000prj.googlegroups.com>,
KoshN <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'd rather have reruns. At least then I could possibly catch an
> episode I missed.

Once upon a time they ran in pretty much the order as the originals so
it was easier to catch the missed ones. Is there ANY pattern any ;more?

suzeeq

Mar 26, 2011, 6:28:21 PM3/26/11
erilar wrote:
> In article
> <ea215bbe-678b-41a1...@n2g2000prj.googlegroups.com>,
> KoshN <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd rather have reruns. At least then I could possibly catch an
>> episode I missed.
>
> Once upon a time they ran in pretty much the order as the originals so
> it was easier to catch the missed ones. Is there ANY pattern any ;more?

Sometimes. A good tv guide with show summaries can help you with the
ones you've missed.

KoshN

Mar 26, 2011, 7:17:32 PM3/26/11
On Mar 26, 5:45 pm, erilar <dra...@chibardun.net.invalid> wrote:
> In article
> <ea215bbe-678b-41a1-b568-1bb022204...@n2g2000prj.googlegroups.com>,

>  KoshN <macthevor...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I'd rather have reruns.  At least then I could possibly catch an
> > episode I missed.
>
> Once upon a time they ran in pretty much the order as the originals so
> it was easier to catch the missed ones.  Is there ANY pattern any ;more?

No, it's random. However, when I do have a recording mishap (e.g.
Didn't get chance to put in a new tape, fell asleep watching something
else I'd recorded and was planning to record over and didn't have the
VCRs on Timer, etc.), it's rare, and I put it on a PostIt Note by the
VCRs. e.g. I missed all of the Nov. 4, 2010 CBS 8PM-11PM & NBC
1135PM-136AM programming. Then, I check the reruns for original
airdates on Zap2It.com.

erilar

Mar 26, 2011, 9:28:28 PM3/26/11
In article <imlpa5$2ji$2...@dont-email.me>, suzeeq <su...@imbris.com>
wrote:

Such a thing exists? 8-/

Your Reckoning

Mar 26, 2011, 9:35:23 PM3/26/11
On Mar 26, 11:12 am, KoshN <macthevor...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Mar 25, 10:27 pm, Barry Margolin <bar...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>

> > In article
> > <44cd0047-b1d0-4b0e-9d6a-2ceb990a6...@f15g2000pro.googlegroups.com>,
> >  Your Reckoning <reckonin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do
> > > with television, Black?

> > > What do your multiple personalities have to do with television, Black?
>
> > What do your constant "what does ... have to do with television"
> > questions have to do with television, Reckoning?
>
> Barry, while it seems like it'd be fun to engage in a nice game of
> Whack a Troll, you know that just feeds it.

Who is "it", KoshN? There is nobody in this newsgroup using that
alias.

> It's kind of sad that the nym changer's existence is built around being a
> nuisance to everybody else 24/7.

Who is "the nym changer", KoshN? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

> Heh, maybe that would be a good Reality TV show, Whack a Troll, complete
> with Gallagher mallets.

Classic pontification.

suzeeq

Mar 26, 2011, 9:54:03 PM3/26/11
erilar wrote:
> In article <imlpa5$2ji$2...@dont-email.me>, suzeeq <su...@imbris.com>
> wrote:
>
>> erilar wrote:
>>> In article
>>> <ea215bbe-678b-41a1...@n2g2000prj.googlegroups.com>,

>>> Once upon a time they ran in pretty much the order as the originals so
>>> it was easier to catch the missed ones. Is there ANY pattern any ;more?
>> Sometimes. A good tv guide with show summaries can help you with the
>> ones you've missed.
>
> Such a thing exists? 8-/

I use titantv.com, gives me enough information for me to figure out if
I've seen them or not. If I'm still not sure, there's the episode guides
of shows at tv.com.

David

Mar 26, 2011, 9:56:16 PM3/26/11
On Mar 24, 11:38 pm, Gerry <every...@sunrise.net> wrote:

> RichA will complain about next week as well as he has done for 52 weeks
> a year for several years.

He only complains about reruns 26 weeks out of the year. The rest of
the time he complains about there not being enough black criminals on
"Law & Order" and Muslim terrorists on "NCIS."

Obveeus

Mar 27, 2011, 9:10:16 AM3/27/11

"erilar" <dra...@chibardun.net.invalid> wrote:
> In article <imlpa5$2ji$2...@dont-email.me>, suzeeq <su...@imbris.com>
> wrote:
>
>> erilar wrote:
>> > In article
>> > <ea215bbe-678b-41a1...@n2g2000prj.googlegroups.com>,

>> > Once upon a time they ran in pretty much the order as the originals so
>> > it was easier to catch the missed ones. Is there ANY pattern any
>> > ;more?
>>
>> Sometimes. A good tv guide with show summaries can help you with the
>> ones you've missed.
>
> Such a thing exists? 8-/

Sure, but it still requires you to remember the date or topic of the episode
you missed. When the show summaries start to sound like 'the cops have to
solve a dead girl case before the killer strikes again' they fit with a
dozen or so episode of what aired that season so remembering topics become
difficult. In my opinion, a better solution is to use 'thefutoncritic.com'.
Each TV show has its own page with a listing of air dates for each episode.
With that data, all you have to do is remember the date when the episode you
missed originally aired and you will be able to catch it the next time it
comes up on the schedule.
Example for Castle:
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/castle/listings/
If you missed the '#318 (One Life To Lose)' episode that aired on March
21th, 2011, this webpage will give you 3-5 weeks notice as to when that
episode will air again. That still requires work on your part (making note
of the episode number or air date you missed and then checking back with the
web page until that episode shows up on the listings again), but if you want
to make sure to catch an episode when it re-airs, it is a good solution.

erilar

Mar 27, 2011, 11:35:15 AM3/27/11
In article
<7fdec5cd-f660-42b2...@x3g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>,
David <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote:

The terrorists are usually on NCIS LA, whatever their creed.

erilar

Mar 27, 2011, 11:37:31 AM3/27/11
In article <imncvp$ov6$1...@dont-email.me>, "Obveeus" <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

What I do when I'm sure of the date and really want to catch a missed
episode is to make note of its title. At least that's unlikely to
change, and it's a shorter note to add to my "TV to watch/record" list.

Patty Winter

Mar 27, 2011, 12:18:46 PM3/27/11

In article <drache-86F812....@reserved-multicast-range-not-delegated.example.com>,

erilar <dra...@chibardun.net.invalid> wrote:
>In article <imlpa5$2ji$2...@dont-email.me>, suzeeq <su...@imbris.com>
>wrote:

[unneeded quotage deleted]

>> Sometimes. A good tv guide with show summaries can help you with the
>> ones you've missed.
>
>Such a thing exists? 8-/

Sure. IMDb tells you when a specific episode of a show is going to
air. Just keep an eye on the episode(s) you want. The episode pages
have titles and usually descriptions, if you need help figuring out
which episode(s) you want.

Patty

Your Reckoning

Mar 27, 2011, 5:32:10 PM3/27/11
On Mar 27, 11:37 am, erilar <dra...@chibardun.net.invalid> wrote:
> In article <imncvp$ov...@dont-email.me>, "Obveeus" <Obve...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>

> > "erilar" <dra...@chibardun.net.invalid> wrote:

Isn't this awfully complicated and slow compared to simply putting the
same title into your favorite torrent search right away?