Hawai'i 5.1 - worst written show on TV

Anim8rFSK

Nov 16, 2010, 1:50:39 AM11/16/10
It's pretty much a given, as anything with Kurtzman/Orci on it is a
crapfest, but they hit a new low tonight.

Anybody that didn't spot the villain 5 seconds after he was introduced,
hand in your coconut bra.

So, McGarrett is in a 4 car caravan escorting the dictator (none of
which are armored). The bad guy has a bomb in car one, which,
conveniently, contains NOBODY we've ever seen before or since.
McGarrett makes his escape, and heads for ... police headquarters? The
capital? Back to the Air Force base? No, he goes TO HIS DAD'S HOUSE.
To HOLD UP. Calls SWAT and HPD and ... hours go by. Lingering shots of
sunset. Dark of night. HOURS GO BY WAITING FOR SWAT TO RESPOND TO AN
EMERGENCY. ON AN ISLAND 30 X 40 MILES ACROSS. And Steve doesn't find
this suspicious. Finally he realizes the bad guys have cloned his
phone! Except, no, they haven't. They're intercepting his calls.
Which is not only not cloning, it's pretty much the opposite. So 'HPD'
pulls up right in McGarrett's driveway, and he says they're THREE
HUNDRED METERS AWAY. Which would, you know, be 250 meters into the
ocean. He puts down his nightvision goggles in the house so he can go
outside and rob a dead bad guy's body of ... his night vision goggles,
because the drooling knuckle dragging retard that wrote this forgot
between scenes that he already HAD night vision goggles. And of course
has the big hand to hand fight with the bad guy we knew was coming the
last 20 minutes, while his team stays in the house and doesn't help, and
then his team, after the fight is OVER, all wander out onto the yard,
leaving everybody they were protecting behind, and nobody even wonders
if the HPD guys showing up THIS time might be phony like the last batch.

--
"Please, I can't die, I've never kissed an Asian woman!"
Shego on "Shat My Dad Says"

Thanatos

Nov 16, 2010, 3:36:06 AM11/16/10
In article <ANIM8Rfsk-BE90B...@news.dc1.easynews.com>,
Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote:

Oh, stop it. The governor put him in charge so stop questioning his
every move.

Oh, and it's Hawaii. Pretty...

Irish Mike

Nov 16, 2010, 7:27:02 AM11/16/10

I made it through nearly 10 minutes of this nonsense before I erased it
from my DVR and don't intend to ever watch another episode. Not only is
the writing terrible, the characters look like some one copied them from a
comic book. Scott Caan struts around like a little wise cracking banty
rooster. Even with lifts in his shoes and that silly pompadour hair-do he
looks like he's about 5'4" tall. Hell, Gun smoke re-runs are more
entertaining and believable.

Irish Mike

----

rwgibson13

Nov 16, 2010, 7:13:58 AM11/16/10

You know, I probably could've made it through most of this if they
hadn't offed the hottie assassin midway through after selling the
episode throughout the week like it was going to be about her.

RWG (I flipped back and forth between this and Sarah Palin, so I guess
that pretty much sums up how I felt about it :-)

KoshN

Nov 16, 2010, 7:17:28 AM11/16/10

Heh, sounds like a fitting replacement for 'CSI:Miami" ....i.e. watch
it to mock it. Now I can't wait to watch my recording. This oughta
be a hoot.

KoshN

Nov 16, 2010, 7:19:02 AM11/16/10

....and Scott's the best part of the show.

KoshN

Nov 16, 2010, 7:21:48 AM11/16/10
On Nov 16, 1:50 am, Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:
> It's pretty much a given, as anything with Kurtzman/Orci on it is a
> crapfest, but they hit a new low tonight.

p.s. Maybe Kurtzman and Orci have found their niche, writing laughable
crapfests.

Ubiquitous

Nov 16, 2010, 5:24:39 AM11/16/10
ANIM...@cox.net wrote:

>McGarrett makes his escape, and heads for ... police headquarters? The
>capital? Back to the Air Force base? No, he goes TO HIS DAD'S HOUSE.
>To HOLD UP. Calls SWAT and HPD and ... hours go by. Lingering shots of
>sunset. Dark of night. HOURS GO BY WAITING FOR SWAT TO RESPOND TO AN
>EMERGENCY. ON AN ISLAND 30 X 40 MILES ACROSS. And Steve doesn't find
>this suspicious. Finally he realizes the bad guys have cloned his
>phone! Except, no, they haven't.

They obviously hate him as much as we (the viewers) do.

---
"If Barack Obama isn't careful, he will become the Jimmy Carter of the 21st
century."

rwgibson13

Nov 16, 2010, 8:17:37 AM11/16/10
On Nov 16, 6:19 am, KoshN <macthevor...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>  Scott Caan struts around like a little wise cracking banty
> > rooster.  Even with lifts in his shoes and that silly pompadour hair-do he
> > looks like he's about 5'4" tall.
>
> ....and Scott's the best part of the show.

Third best part of the show, thankyouverymuch.

Second is the scenery...

RWG (but Grace Park and her bikini win hands down)

rwgibson13

Nov 16, 2010, 8:22:07 AM11/16/10
On Nov 16, 4:24 am, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> ANIM8R...@cox.net wrote:
> >McGarrett makes his escape, and heads for ... police headquarters?  The
> >capital?  Back to the Air Force base?  No, he goes TO HIS DAD'S HOUSE.
> >To HOLD UP.  Calls SWAT and HPD and ... hours go by.  Lingering shots of
> >sunset.  Dark of night.  HOURS GO BY WAITING FOR SWAT TO RESPOND TO AN
> >EMERGENCY.  ON AN ISLAND 30 X 40 MILES ACROSS.  And Steve doesn't find
> >this suspicious.  Finally he realizes the bad guys have cloned his
> >phone!  Except, no, they haven't.
>
> They obviously hate him as much as we (the viewers) do.

That's obvious. OTOH, maybe they spent half the day trying to clean
up the obvous mess left behind during the exploding SUV and running
gunbattle in the middle of the island.

RWG ('cause that kind of thing must happen so often in Hawaii)

shawn

Nov 16, 2010, 9:22:22 AM11/16/10
On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 23:50:39 -0700, Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net>
wrote:

>It's pretty much a given, as anything with Kurtzman/Orci on it is a
>crapfest, but they hit a new low tonight.
>
>Anybody that didn't spot the villain 5 seconds after he was introduced,
>hand in your coconut bra.
>
>So, McGarrett is in a 4 car caravan escorting the dictator (none of
>which are armored). The bad guy has a bomb in car one, which,
>conveniently, contains NOBODY we've ever seen before or since.

That's because the bad guys were in one of the cars (two?) and he
didn't want to kill McGarrett. Mind he's willing to kill kids and just
about anyone else to get his job done but he has to ask McGarrett to
step away before being willing to kill him.

>McGarrett makes his escape, and heads for ... police headquarters? The
>capital? Back to the Air Force base? No, he goes TO HIS DAD'S HOUSE.
>To HOLD UP.

That didn't make any sense at all. It might have made some sense if
the house had been a fortress and one of the better choices had been
hours away but neither of those is true. The house looks to be about
as secure as the little pigs house made of twigs.

>Calls SWAT and HPD and ... hours go by. Lingering shots of
>sunset. Dark of night. HOURS GO BY WAITING FOR SWAT TO RESPOND TO AN
>EMERGENCY. ON AN ISLAND 30 X 40 MILES ACROSS. And Steve doesn't find
>this suspicious.

I couldn't believe that. I was trying to figure out how it could be
hours and no one is concerned. Especially since they've driven across
the island in minutes before. I guess time just flows differently
according to the dictate of the script. They expected the police to
start showing up in minutes while it's bright outside and by the time
it has turned dark outside no one thinks it is odd that no one has
shown up? No one made another call to try and get an ambulance? I can
understand writers having characters do stupid things on occasion to
develop the story or playing with time (the way Jack Bauer could drive
across LA in minutes during rush hour) but this made absolutely no
sense at all!

>Finally he realizes the bad guys have cloned his
>phone! Except, no, they haven't. They're intercepting his calls.
>Which is not only not cloning, it's pretty much the opposite.

Yes, but that is so far down on the things that they got wrong with
this script that I don't even count it. Especially since it's the sort
of thing the non-technical people might get wrong.

> So 'HPD'
>pulls up right in McGarrett's driveway, and he says they're THREE
>HUNDRED METERS AWAY. Which would, you know, be 250 meters into the
>ocean. He puts down his nightvision goggles in the house so he can go
>outside and rob a dead bad guy's body of ... his night vision goggles,
>because the drooling knuckle dragging retard that wrote this forgot
>between scenes that he already HAD night vision goggles. And of course
>has the big hand to hand fight with the bad guy we knew was coming the
>last 20 minutes, while his team stays in the house and doesn't help, and
>then his team, after the fight is OVER, all wander out onto the yard,
>leaving everybody they were protecting behind, and nobody even wonders
>if the HPD guys showing up THIS time might be phony like the last batch.

You can never have too many night vision goggles. ;)

Anim8rFSK

Nov 16, 2010, 10:27:21 AM11/16/10
In article
<55e54d6f-eb96-4cfb...@s4g2000yql.googlegroups.com>,
KoshN <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

CSI Horatio is more fun; they KNOW they're producing a comedy. H5.1 is
just ... incompetently made.

Anim8rFSK

Nov 16, 2010, 10:27:48 AM11/16/10
In article
<1afa522c-b0d2-477c...@q14g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>,
KoshN <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Tonight's episode was from the guy that wrote Armageddon.

Anim8rFSK

Nov 16, 2010, 10:38:02 AM11/16/10
In article <ec45e6h05l4h2inea...@4ax.com>,
shawn <nanof...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 23:50:39 -0700, Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
> >It's pretty much a given, as anything with Kurtzman/Orci on it is a
> >crapfest, but they hit a new low tonight.
> >
> >Anybody that didn't spot the villain 5 seconds after he was introduced,
> >hand in your coconut bra.
> >
> >So, McGarrett is in a 4 car caravan escorting the dictator (none of
> >which are armored). The bad guy has a bomb in car one, which,
> >conveniently, contains NOBODY we've ever seen before or since.
>
> That's because the bad guys were in one of the cars (two?) and he
> didn't want to kill McGarrett. Mind he's willing to kill kids and just
> about anyone else to get his job done but he has to ask McGarrett to
> step away before being willing to kill him.

He *might* have had bimbs (did you say 'bimb'?) in all the cars and only
chose to blow the one they never showed up the occupants of, but we saw
no evidence of that; this is you being smarter than the writer (note,
that's not as much of a compliment as I'm making it seem). :D

> >McGarrett makes his escape, and heads for ... police headquarters? The
> >capital? Back to the Air Force base? No, he goes TO HIS DAD'S HOUSE.
> >To HOLD UP.
> That didn't make any sense at all. It might have made some sense if
> the house had been a fortress and one of the better choices had been
> hours away but neither of those is true. The house looks to be about
> as secure as the little pigs house made of twigs.

It finally occured to me what happened here; it's X-Men 3, where they
start crossing the bridge to the showdown at noon and get there at
midnight. Why? Because it occured to somebody that fireballs look
better after dark.

That's EXACTLY what happened here. They made the decision to have
Molotov cocktails, and realized they had to retcon the setting to night.
As it was, the fireballs were unspectacular anyway; so you toss one onto
grass. Boom. Yawn.

> >Calls SWAT and HPD and ... hours go by. Lingering shots of
> >sunset. Dark of night. HOURS GO BY WAITING FOR SWAT TO RESPOND TO AN
> >EMERGENCY. ON AN ISLAND 30 X 40 MILES ACROSS. And Steve doesn't find
> >this suspicious.
>
> I couldn't believe that. I was trying to figure out how it could be
> hours and no one is concerned. Especially since they've driven across
> the island in minutes before. I guess time just flows differently
> according to the dictate of the script. They expected the police to
> start showing up in minutes while it's bright outside and by the time
> it has turned dark outside no one thinks it is odd that no one has
> shown up? No one made another call to try and get an ambulance? I can

yeah. NONE OF THE OTHERS EVEN *TRIED* THEIR PHONES. Cops, HPD, SWAT,
911, Army, Navy, Marines, CIA, NSA ...

> understand writers having characters do stupid things on occasion to
> develop the story or playing with time (the way Jack Bauer could drive
> across LA in minutes during rush hour) but this made absolutely no
> sense at all!

Also ... unless we think the bad guy rigged McGarrett's house earlier in
the day *just in case* - the other phones, landline, internet, all
should have been working when they first got there.

And McGarrett CALLED 911???????? He doesn't have speed dial to the
actual police, actual SWAT, the Governor? He just CALLS 911 like any
random civilian, and says SEND 911 AND SWAT TO THIS ADDRESS and assumes
the fat lazy union broad on the other end of the phone will DO IT???

> >Finally he realizes the bad guys have cloned his
> >phone! Except, no, they haven't. They're intercepting his calls.
> >Which is not only not cloning, it's pretty much the opposite.
>
> Yes, but that is so far down on the things that they got wrong with
> this script that I don't even count it. Especially since it's the sort
> of thing the non-technical people might get wrong.

Non-technical like the guy that got centrifigal gravity backwards in
Armagaddon.

> > So 'HPD'
> >pulls up right in McGarrett's driveway, and he says they're THREE
> >HUNDRED METERS AWAY. Which would, you know, be 250 meters into the
> >ocean. He puts down his nightvision goggles in the house so he can go
> >outside and rob a dead bad guy's body of ... his night vision goggles,
> >because the drooling knuckle dragging retard that wrote this forgot
> >between scenes that he already HAD night vision goggles. And of course
> >has the big hand to hand fight with the bad guy we knew was coming the
> >last 20 minutes, while his team stays in the house and doesn't help, and
> >then his team, after the fight is OVER, all wander out onto the yard,
> >leaving everybody they were protecting behind, and nobody even wonders
> >if the HPD guys showing up THIS time might be phony like the last batch.
>
> You can never have too many night vision goggles. ;)

Maybe he keeps his on a chain to the window sill so his slutty sister
can't steal them ...

HEY! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO HIS SLUTTY SISTER? You know, the one
that LIVES there?

Thanatos

Nov 16, 2010, 10:55:23 AM11/16/10

Guys! Guys! Let's wait until Hunter weighs in on this before condemning
the show. I'm sure he can find any number reasons why the patently
ridiculous actually makes sense, and it's us the viewers who are
ignorant.

shawn

Nov 16, 2010, 11:42:15 AM11/16/10
On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 08:38:02 -0700, Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net>
wrote:

>In article <ec45e6h05l4h2inea...@4ax.com>,
> shawn <nanof...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 23:50:39 -0700, Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net>
>> wrote:
>>

>> >McGarrett makes his escape, and heads for ... police headquarters? The
>> >capital? Back to the Air Force base? No, he goes TO HIS DAD'S HOUSE.
>> >To HOLD UP.
>> That didn't make any sense at all. It might have made some sense if
>> the house had been a fortress and one of the better choices had been
>> hours away but neither of those is true. The house looks to be about
>> as secure as the little pigs house made of twigs.
>
>It finally occured to me what happened here; it's X-Men 3, where they
>start crossing the bridge to the showdown at noon and get there at
>midnight. Why? Because it occured to somebody that fireballs look
>better after dark.

That probably is what happened here. That would explain why nobody
mentions just how long they've been waiting.

>> >Calls SWAT and HPD and ... hours go by. Lingering shots of
>> >sunset. Dark of night. HOURS GO BY WAITING FOR SWAT TO RESPOND TO AN
>> >EMERGENCY. ON AN ISLAND 30 X 40 MILES ACROSS. And Steve doesn't find
>> >this suspicious.
>>
>> I couldn't believe that. I was trying to figure out how it could be
>> hours and no one is concerned. Especially since they've driven across
>> the island in minutes before. I guess time just flows differently
>> according to the dictate of the script. They expected the police to
>> start showing up in minutes while it's bright outside and by the time
>> it has turned dark outside no one thinks it is odd that no one has
>> shown up? No one made another call to try and get an ambulance? I can
>
>yeah. NONE OF THE OTHERS EVEN *TRIED* THEIR PHONES. Cops, HPD, SWAT,
>911, Army, Navy, Marines, CIA, NSA ...

They did try their phones and couldn't get through. Though that was
after the bad guys had a chance to get in place and set up a cell
jammer and cut the phone lines. If any of them had tried their phones
earlier the calls would have gone through.

>And McGarrett CALLED 911???????? He doesn't have speed dial to the
>actual police, actual SWAT, the Governor? He just CALLS 911 like any
>random civilian, and says SEND 911 AND SWAT TO THIS ADDRESS and assumes
>the fat lazy union broad on the other end of the phone will DO IT???

Yep, he should have been calling the local precinct to get SWAT. Heck,
by now he should know the guys by name given how many times he ends up
in a gun fight.

>> You can never have too many night vision goggles. ;)
>
>Maybe he keeps his on a chain to the window sill so his slutty sister
>can't steal them ...
>
>HEY! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO HIS SLUTTY SISTER? You know, the one
>that LIVES there?

She's out being slutty? Though you would think she would have gotten a
mention since they are putting her in danger. If she's not there she
might drive up at any minute to find police cars coming out of the
wood works (if McGarrett's call had really gone through) or to find
bad guys waiting. If she is there someone should have mentioned her.
Maybe this was supposed to air before she arrived on the scene? More
likely they just forgot that she was supposed to be living there given
how much was wrong in this episode.

Anim8rFSK

Nov 16, 2010, 1:02:17 PM11/16/10
In article <vnc5e6hfg8map2um5...@4ax.com>,
shawn <nanof...@gmail.com> wrote:

You'd think.

> >And McGarrett CALLED 911???????? He doesn't have speed dial to the
> >actual police, actual SWAT, the Governor? He just CALLS 911 like any
> >random civilian, and says SEND 911 AND SWAT TO THIS ADDRESS and assumes
> >the fat lazy union broad on the other end of the phone will DO IT???
>
> Yep, he should have been calling the local precinct to get SWAT. Heck,
> by now he should know the guys by name given how many times he ends up
> in a gun fight.

You'd think you'd call Kelly Hu, to tell her the protective detail she
hired ARE THE BLOODY KILLERS.

Give that this guy is a former SEAL with access to the military bases,
you'd be calling your girl friend in Naval Intelligence. And that
government guy that was in charge of overall security. And the
newspapers and TV stations. Call EVERYBODY!

> >> You can never have too many night vision goggles. ;)
> >
> >Maybe he keeps his on a chain to the window sill so his slutty sister
> >can't steal them ...
> >
> >HEY! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO HIS SLUTTY SISTER? You know, the one
> >that LIVES there?
>
> She's out being slutty? Though you would think she would have gotten a
> mention since they are putting her in danger. If she's not there she
> might drive up at any minute to find police cars coming out of the
> wood works (if McGarrett's call had really gone through) or to find
> bad guys waiting. If she is there someone should have mentioned her.
> Maybe this was supposed to air before she arrived on the scene? More

No, Kelly became the Governor's aid long after Slutty Sister moved to
town. Slutty Sister showed up before they got their magic CSI:Horatio
hand-wave computer table, too.

> likely they just forgot that she was supposed to be living there given
> how much was wrong in this episode.

yep. Somebody really needed to say "where's your slutty sister" so
McGarrett could say "big island" - that's all it would have taken.

George W Harris

Nov 16, 2010, 2:33:39 PM11/16/10
What, CSI: Miami was cancelled?
--
Duke Basketball: We Crush Dreams

George W. Harris For actual email address, replace each 'u' with an 'i'

chicagofan

Nov 16, 2010, 2:39:31 PM11/16/10
Anim8rFSK wrote:
> shawn<nanof...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Anim8rFSK<ANIM...@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> So 'HPD'
>>> pulls up right in McGarrett's driveway, and he says they're THREE
>>> HUNDRED METERS AWAY. Which would, you know, be 250 meters into the
>>> ocean. He puts down his nightvision goggles in the house so he can go
>>> outside and rob a dead bad guy's body of ... his night vision goggles,
>>> because the drooling knuckle dragging retard that wrote this forgot
>>> between scenes that he already HAD night vision goggles. And of course
>>> has the big hand to hand fight with the bad guy we knew was coming the
>>> last 20 minutes, while his team stays in the house and doesn't help, and
>>> then his team, after the fight is OVER, all wander out onto the yard,
>>> leaving everybody they were protecting behind, and nobody even wonders
>>> if the HPD guys showing up THIS time might be phony like the last batch.
>>>
>> You can never have too many night vision goggles. ;)
>>
> Maybe he keeps his on a chain to the window sill so his slutty sister
> can't steal them ...
>
> HEY! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO HIS SLUTTY SISTER? You know, the one
> that LIVES there?

OH NO!!! WHY did you have to ask that?!! ;)

I hope she's hopped a plane to the mainland, never to return. :)
bj

Irish Mike

Nov 16, 2010, 3:19:54 PM11/16/10
On Nov 16 2010 8:13 AM, rwgibson13 wrote:

> On Nov 16, 12:50 am, Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:
> > It's pretty much a given, as anything with Kurtzman/Orci on it is a
> > crapfest, but they hit a new low tonight.
> >
> > Anybody that didn't spot the villain 5 seconds after he was introduced,
> > hand in your coconut bra.
> >
> > So, McGarrett is in a 4 car caravan escorting the dictator (none of
> > which are armored).  The bad guy has a bomb in car one, which,
> > conveniently, contains NOBODY we've ever seen before or since.
> > McGarrett makes his escape, and heads for ... police headquarters?  The

> > capital?  Back to the Air Force base?  No, he goes TO HIS DAD'S HOUSE..

> > To HOLD UP.  Calls SWAT and HPD and ... hours go by.  Lingering shots of
> > sunset.  Dark of night.  HOURS GO BY WAITING FOR SWAT TO RESPOND TO AN
> > EMERGENCY.  ON AN ISLAND 30 X 40 MILES ACROSS.  And Steve doesn't find
> > this suspicious.  Finally he realizes the bad guys have cloned his
> > phone!  Except, no, they haven't.  They're intercepting his calls.
> > Which is not only not cloning, it's pretty much the opposite.  So 'HPD'
> > pulls up right in McGarrett's driveway, and he says they're THREE
> > HUNDRED METERS AWAY.  Which would, you know, be 250 meters into the
> > ocean.  He puts down his nightvision goggles in the house so he can go
> > outside and rob a dead bad guy's body of ... his night vision goggles,
> > because the drooling knuckle dragging retard that wrote this forgot
> > between scenes that he already HAD night vision goggles.  And of course
> > has the big hand to hand fight with the bad guy we knew was coming the
> > last 20 minutes, while his team stays in the house and doesn't help, and
> > then his team, after the fight is OVER, all wander out onto the yard,
> > leaving everybody they were protecting behind, and nobody even wonders
> > if the HPD guys showing up THIS time might be phony like the last batch.
>
> You know, I probably could've made it through most of this if they
> hadn't offed the hottie assassin midway through after selling the
> episode throughout the week like it was going to be about her.
>
> RWG (I flipped back and forth between this and Sarah Palin, so I guess
> that pretty much sums up how I felt about it :-)

I'm sure this has an obvious answer that I'm not seeing but what is "RWG"?
All I could think of is "Regular White Guy"or "Real Wasted Guy".

Irish Mike

Irish Mike

Nov 16, 2010, 3:23:15 PM11/16/10

Does he work in the Obama administration?

Irish Mike

Message has been deleted

rwgibson13

Nov 16, 2010, 3:47:10 PM11/16/10

RWG (check the screenname :-)

Anim8rFSK

Nov 16, 2010, 3:52:19 PM11/16/10
In article <ak5br7x...@recgroups.com>,
"Irish Mike" <ad7...@webnntp.invalid> wrote:

RWG is the poster, Roger W. Gibson

rwgibson13

Nov 16, 2010, 3:58:35 PM11/16/10
On Nov 16, 2:52 pm, Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:
> In article <ak5br7xvcn....@recgroups.com>,

>  "Irish Mike" <ad7c...@webnntp.invalid> wrote:
>
> > I'm sure this has an obvious answer that I'm not seeing but what is "RWG"?
> >  All I could think of is "Regular White Guy"or "Real Wasted Guy".
>
> RWG is the poster, Roger W. Gibson

Hah! Your insidious attempt to assertain my correct first name will
not succeed!

RWG (and don't think torture will work either)

Message has been deleted

Jim Gysin

Nov 16, 2010, 6:08:33 PM11/16/10

rwgibson13 sent the following on 11/16/2010 2:58 PM:

Don't worry, Raul. Your secret is safe with me.

--
Jim Gysin
Waukesha, WI

chicagofan

Nov 16, 2010, 6:32:16 PM11/16/10

Ross? Robert? Ralph? :)
bj

Thanatos

Nov 16, 2010, 11:52:16 PM11/16/10
In article <jq5br7x...@recgroups.com>,
"Irish Mike" <ad7...@webnntp.invalid> wrote:

He really ought to apply. He's got quite a talent for rationalizing the
absurd.

Mr. Mike

Nov 18, 2010, 9:37:44 PM11/18/10
wrote:

>HEY! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO HIS SLUTTY SISTER? You know, the one
>that LIVES there?

She was passed out in her bedroom after drinking a couple of pitchers
of margaritas.

Ubiquitous

Nov 21, 2010, 7:42:35 PM11/21/10

I recall the Mad Magazine spoof of the original show pointed that
out as well. If memory serves, the villain-of-the-week was sentenced
to hard labor in a pineapple farm.

KoshN

Nov 21, 2010, 8:19:26 PM11/21/10
On Nov 16, 10:27 am, Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:
> In article
> <55e54d6f-eb96-4cfb-9c11-b4fdde463...@s4g2000yql.googlegroups.com>,

For *you* , maybe.

> they

...meaning the cast and crew of CSI:Horatio...

> KNOW they're producing a comedy.

I don't believe that, not for one second.

Anim8rFSK

Nov 21, 2010, 9:56:43 PM11/21/10
In article
<22bd5fa4-94c9-482b...@d20g2000yqg.googlegroups.com>,
KoshN <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Oh, come on. Horatio TELEPORTS. You've got to have a sense of humor to
be behind that.

KoshN

Nov 22, 2010, 9:08:48 AM11/22/10
On Nov 21, 9:56 pm, Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:
> In article
> <22bd5fa4-94c9-482b-8a21-8645882fb...@d20g2000yqg.googlegroups.com>,

Nah, that's dramatic license (not showing the travel) and laziness
(having H able to sneak right up on somebody who's standing in the
open.).

I'm sure Caruso thinks he's in a drama, not a comedy.

Anim8rFSK

Nov 22, 2010, 12:14:41 PM11/22/10
In article
<e1eaba8b-0016-463b...@f20g2000vbc.googlegroups.com>,
KoshN <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

No, sir, it's not. They've taken it to great extremes in later years,
and are making it very clear he teleports.

Originally he just kept being there (like Gibbs on NCIS) in the station
and such.

But now:

Case in point: Delko pulls the Hummer into a huge, totally empty
parking garage, right in the middle, no where near anything, and gets
out to meet H. H steps out FROM BEHIND THE HUMMER. 50 feet from
anything. Either he was riding on the back bumper, or he teleported.

Case in point: Sister in law goes to meet H in the middle of the
freaking Everglades. She's standing on flat barren land. Long shot,
show there's literally nothing for 100 yards in any direction. Cut to
close up of her looking screen left. Cut to medium shot, H is standing
right next to her. She starts like 'wtf did YOU come from?' - there's
NO way he got there without teleporting.

They're doing this for laughs. They *have* to be.

KoshN

Nov 22, 2010, 1:36:11 PM11/22/10
On Nov 22, 12:14 pm, Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:
> In article
> <e1eaba8b-0016-463b-afe3-ebf7ecae1...@f20g2000vbc.googlegroups.com>,

Never confuse intentional comedy with incompetence and laziness.
You're giving them far, FAR too much credit for intelligence.

Anim8rFSK

Nov 22, 2010, 10:40:51 PM11/22/10
In article
<61f2ad6d-56ee-4309...@30g2000yql.googlegroups.com>,
KoshN <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Nah. These aren't things where H just walks up behind somebody in a
small room where they couldn't possibly have not noticed him; these are
sequences staged with multiple camera angles to cover his teleportation.
There's no way they aren't intentional.

I would like to know if it's actually in the script (I doubt it, given
how incredibly poor the writers seem to be) or a series of jokes being
put in by the production crew during filming (my money is on the latter).

Anim8rFSK

Nov 24, 2010, 10:16:43 PM11/24/10
H5.1 holds the 'worst written' slot again this week, which is amazing
when it's up against crap like 'No Ordinary Family'

A bunch of thieves are using blood doping to give themselves Spider-Man
level powers.

Even though they are renting a huge luxury home, they break into a
chiropractor's office to do the blood doping. Why? It's a bag of
needles and IV equipment and a mini-fridge. Even if you want the
equipment, why not just take it back to the house?

One of them escapes McGarrett by getting in an elevator, popping through
the huge in plain sight hatch in the roof that no real elevator has,
and, according to McGarrett, climbing the cables faster than the
elevator can rise. Uh - say WHAT? The cable is connected to the
elevator, you morons; it's not a race. And it's the slipperiest thing
imaginable; nobody's climbing it at all.

McGarrett busts what he thinks are the crooks at the start of the
triathalon, but it turns out it's somebody else using their electronic
tracking numbers (and it doesn't evne occur to them that these guys
might be in on it) and McGarrett says "If these guys have their numbers,
that means the robbery is happening RIGHT THIS MINUTE!!!" - again, say
what? They've had the numbers since before the race began. The robbery
might have happened hours ago, or not for hours yet.

And the big luxury house just *happens* to be next to Dano's ex-wife.
How handy.

And the whole bit with all the people dressed as house painters; what
was the point?

And why dump the money, showing that stealing the money wasn't the
point? At least get rid of the money somewhere else.

And NOBODY saw an armored car drive off the edge of the dock into the
harbor???

Mr. Mike

Nov 28, 2010, 7:39:05 PM11/28/10
On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 20:16:43 -0700, Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net>
wrote:

>And the big luxury house just *happens* to be next to Dano's ex-wife.
>How handy.

Yes, there are about 900,000 people on Oahu ... seems just a little
too coincidental.

David Barnett

Apr 20, 2011, 4:19:37 AM4/20/11
In article <ANIM8Rfsk-BE90B...@news.dc1.easynews.com>,
ANIM...@cox.net says...

I've finally read this post of yours.
Unfortunately I can't remember the episode!
Well, I am 81.

--
David Barnett

erilar

Apr 20, 2011, 1:45:24 PM4/20/11
Is THAT why it turned me off by the second episode? 8-)

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist

http://www.mosaictelecom.com/~erilarlo

Sarah B

Apr 20, 2011, 6:25:45 PM4/20/11
You wouldn't have liked the most recent episode either.

The two things that bothered me the most (spoilers, obviously):

- the main suspect is a mobster. The mobster has a son who "isn't in
the mob", but who is present when Steve and Danny go interview the
guy. Despite the fact that the son keeps giving the dad guilty/scared
looks through the entire interview, neither Steve nor Danny EVER
consider that maybe they should interview the son. Of course, it
turned out the son did the crime.

This reminds me of an earlier episode, where a man claims his rented
car was stolen after a murder suspect was killed in a car accident
while driving it. Kono interviews him, and a fourth grader could see
the guy was lying out his butt and did the murder - but Kono never
catches it. Some cop she's going to make!

- One of the characters in the episode was a young boy. For some
unknown reason, the child acts and is treated like he's 5, but he's
played by a boy of 12. At one point Steve CARRIES the boy out of the
house where the boy's mom was murdered. The boy isn't injured, why
the hell is Steve carrying him?!! It looks damn awkward, because
obviously the boy is far too old to be carried like a toddler and
there's no reason Steve should be carrying him - and no way a boy of
12 wouldn't be insisting that he not be treated "like a little kid."
Perhaps the boy was meant to be developmentally challenged (although
that's never stated as the reason he speaks in little-kid words and
doesn't recognize his father after an absence of only two years), or
they couldn't find the right younger boy to play the part. In any
case, it's pretty awkward.

Anim8rFSK

Apr 23, 2011, 12:13:41 PM4/23/11
In article <MPG.281942256...@news.bigpond.com>,
David Barnett <dbar...@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

LOL, well, "I watched it so you don't have to!" :)

chicagofan

Apr 24, 2011, 5:48:28 PM4/24/11
Anim8rFSK wrote:

> David Barnett<dbar...@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>
>> ANIM...@cox.net says...
>>
>>> It's pretty much a given, as anything with Kurtzman/Orci on it is a
>>> crapfest, but they hit a new low tonight.
>>>
>>> Anybody that didn't spot the villain 5 seconds after he was introduced,
>>> hand in your coconut bra.

LOL!!!
>> <snip>

>> I've finally read this post of yours.
>> Unfortunately I can't remember the episode!
>> Well, I am 81.
>>
> LOL, well, "I watched it so you don't have to!" :)

Your sacrifice is *greatly* appreciated too! ;)
bj