Today's premieres and other notes (Monday, July 15)

Robin Miller

Jul 15, 2019, 6:37:25 PM7/15/19

London Kills (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Acorn TV)

Side Games (Todo por el Juego) [new] (3:01 am, Spectrum)

Set in the world of football, in this case in a fictional Second
Division Spanish League, the plot revolves around Mariano Hidalgo
(Roberto Enríquez), a prosperous businessman and supporter of a Spanish
Second Division club, which rises to the presidency of the same. It is
then when he will be involved in a spiral of corruption that includes an
illegal betting system controlled by mafias, political scandals, family
problems and murders. The story is a great international bet, in which
they emphasize the rawness of their dialogues and the sequences of
action, as well as the narrative exposition of the events that threaten
the foundations of the game. Spanish-language series.

Notorious (returns from hiatus) (8 pm, Reelz)

In The Cut (season 5 premiere) (9 and 9:30 pm, two
episodes, Bounce TV)

Girls Cruise [new] (9 pm, VH1)

Music icon Lil' Kim and her star-studded group of friends embark on a
glamorous vacation of a lifetime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbx3pWAk7ZA

Worst Bakers in America (season 2 premiere) (9 pm,
Food Network)

Aaron Needs a Job [new] (10 pm, Discovery Channel)

Expert custom car-builder Aaron Kaufman is stepping out of his comfort
zone in a big way as he dives headfirst into mechanical worlds he's
never experienced before. In an all new Discovery Channel series, AARON
NEEDS A JOB, Kaufman takes viewers on a wild ride around the country as
he explores exciting new motor-driven industries and meets with the
machine-minded men and women who keep our world running.

Vaporized: America's E-Cigarette Addiction (special)
(10 pm, CNBC)

Tomorrow's advance notes:

Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein (comedy)
(3:01 am, Netflix)

Stranger Things star David Harbour plays a version of himself as he
comes across "lost" footage of his father's titular stage play in this
mockumentary. Kate Berlant and Alfred Molina also star. 32 minutes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaJcZ6yAejI

https://www.netflix.com/title/81003981

Pandora [new] (8 pm, CW)

Set in 2199, after the death of her parents, Jax (Priscilla Quintana)
starts a new life at Space Training Academy, where her uncle (Noah
Huntley) is a professor and cadets learn to fight alien and human
threats. But when the truth of her true identity is revealed to her, it
changes everything in this sci-fi series. Stars Priscilla Quintana
(“Polaroid,” “Traffik”), Oliver Dench (“Technology”), Raechelle Banno
(“Home and Away”) John Harlan Kim (“The Librarians”), Ben Radcliffe
(“Random”), Banita Sandhu (“October”), Martin Bobb-Semple (“Free Rein”)
and Noah Huntley (“Free Rein”).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10207090/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz69PQZc6zw

The Lion King: Can You Feel the Love Tonight With Robin Roberts
(special) (8pm, ABC)

Robin Roberts and ABC News will bring viewers into the heart of "The
Lion King"'s timeless appeal and capture the excitement of the highly
anticipated new film with the prime-time special "The Lion King: Can You
Feel The Love Tonight with Robin Roberts." Airing Tuesday, July 16 (8:00
- 9:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC, the one-hour special hosted and co-executive
produced by Robin Roberts features interviews with cast and crew,
special behind-the-scenes footage and the debut of an exclusive
unreleased scene from the new movie. Since "The Lion King"'s 1994 debut
as an animated feature film, its universal themes have resonated with
audiences around the world and have a fixed place in popular culture.
Director Jon Favreau brings the beloved characters to the big screen in
a whole new way in the 2019 version, which opens July 19.

Behind Closed Doors: The Talwars (documentary) (8 pm,
HBO)

P.A. Carter’s film examines the mystery behind the double murder of a
13-year-old girl, Aarushi Talwar, and her family’s servant, Hemraj
Banjade, in their home in Noida, India, which sparked a media frenzy and
has haunted an entire nation for more than a decade. Also Wednesday
night at 8 pm?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMzH-X2Nct4

https://www.hbo.com/documentaries/behind-closed-doors

Ex on the Beach (season 3 premiere) (8 pm, MTV)

Blood & Treasure (special time) (9 pm, CBS)

Moved from 10 pm; not a double episode.

Human Discoveries [new] (9 pm. Facebook Watch)

A group of prehistoric friends (Jillian Bell, Zac Efron, Anna Kendrick,
Lamorne Morris and Paul Scheer) discover alcohol, fire, monogamy, and
the wheel in the animated comedy created by Chris Bruno and David Howard
Lee.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=849269022127193

JFK Jr. - The Final Year (documentary) (9-11 pm, A&E)

Food Truck Nation (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, Cooking
Channel)

Man on the Moon (special) (10 pm, CBS)

--Robin

anim8rfsk

Jul 15, 2019, 7:05:12 PM7/15/19
Mon, 15 Jul 2019 15:37:19 -0700 Robin Miller<robin....@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

> Tomorrow's advance notes:
>
> Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein (comedy)
> (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Stranger Things star David Harbour plays a version of himself as he
> comes across "lost" footage of his father's titular stage play in this
> mockumentary. Kate Berlant and Alfred Molina also star. 32 minutes?
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaJcZ6yAejI
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/81003981

Well there's a reason not to have The Netflix.

> Pandora [new] (8 pm, CW)
>
> Set in 2199, after the death of her parents, Jax (Priscilla Quintana)
> starts a new life at Space Training Academy, where her uncle (Noah
> Huntley) is a professor and cadets learn to fight alien and human
> threats. But when the truth of her true identity is revealed to her, it
> changes everything in this sci-fi series. Stars Priscilla Quintana
> (“Polaroid,” “Traffik”), Oliver Dench (“Technology”), Raechelle
> Banno
> (“Home and Away”) John Harlan Kim (“The Librarians”), Ben Radcliffe
> (“Random”), Banita Sandhu (“October”), Martin Bobb-Semple (“Free
> Rein”)
> and Noah Huntley (“Free Rein”).
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10207090/
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz69PQZc6zw

I set the DVR for that some time ago. I must have heard about it here. It
can't possibly be good, it's on the CW.

> The Lion King: Can You Feel the Love Tonight With Robin Roberts
> (special) (8pm, ABC)
>
> Robin Roberts and ABC News will bring viewers into the heart of "The
> Lion King"'s timeless appeal and capture the excitement of the highly
> anticipated new film with the prime-time special "The Lion King: Can You
> Feel The Love Tonight with Robin Roberts." Airing Tuesday, July 16 (8:00
> - 9:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC, the one-hour special hosted and co-executive
> produced by Robin Roberts features interviews with cast and crew,
> special behind-the-scenes footage and the debut of an exclusive
> unreleased scene from the new movie. Since "The Lion King"'s 1994 debut
> as an animated feature film, its universal themes have resonated with
> audiences around the world and have a fixed place in popular culture.
> Director Jon Favreau brings the beloved characters to the big screen in
> a whole new way in the 2019 version, which opens July 19.

Not even with Ian's cubs.

> Behind Closed Doors: The Talwars (documentary) (8 pm,
> HBO)
>
> P.A. Carter’s film examines the mystery behind the double murder of a
> 13-year-old girl, Aarushi Talwar, and her family’s servant, Hemraj
> Banjade, in their home in Noida, India, which sparked a media frenzy and
> has haunted an entire nation for more than a decade. Also Wednesday
> night at 8 pm?
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMzH-X2Nct4
>
> https://www.hbo.com/documentaries/behind-closed-doors
>
> Ex on the Beach (season 3 premiere) (8 pm, MTV)
>
> Blood & Treasure (special time) (9 pm, CBS)

And I'm all caught up!

> Moved from 10 pm; not a double episode.
>
> Human Discoveries [new] (9 pm. Facebook Watch)
>
> A group of prehistoric friends (Jillian Bell, Zac Efron, Anna Kendrick,
> Lamorne Morris and Paul Scheer) discover alcohol, fire, monogamy, and
> the wheel in the animated comedy created by Chris Bruno and David Howard
> Lee.
>
> https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=849269022127193
>
> JFK Jr. - The Final Year (documentary) (9-11 pm, A&E)
>
> Food Truck Nation (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, Cooking
> Channel)
>
> Man on the Moon (special) (10 pm, CBS)

The rest of that is just all 'oh God no'

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Dimensional Traveler

Jul 15, 2019, 7:26:19 PM7/15/19
On 7/15/2019 3:37 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

> Pandora          [new]            (8 pm, CW)
>
> Set in 2199, after the death of her parents, Jax (Priscilla Quintana)
> starts a new life at Space Training Academy, where her uncle (Noah
> Huntley) is a professor and cadets learn to fight alien and human
> threats. But when the truth of her true identity is revealed to her, it
> changes everything in this sci-fi series. Stars Priscilla Quintana
> (“Polaroid,” “Traffik”), Oliver Dench (“Technology”), Raechelle Banno
> (“Home and Away”) John Harlan Kim (“The Librarians”), Ben Radcliffe
> (“Random”), Banita Sandhu (“October”), Martin Bobb-Semple (“Free Rein”)
> and Noah Huntley (“Free Rein”).
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10207090/
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz69PQZc6zw

Haven't heard anything about this and I don't think I know any of the
"stars".

Trivia
All the episode titles in season one are the names of Bob Dylan songs.

???????

instinct are running screaming.

RichA

Jul 15, 2019, 8:05:52 PM7/15/19
Apollo gets a measly hour "special" (of CBS bloviating about their then coverage of the event).

Ian J. Ball

Jul 15, 2019, 10:56:36 PM7/15/19
On 2019-07-15 23:05:08 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Mon, 15 Jul 2019 15:37:19 -0700 Robin Miller<robin....@invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Tomorrow's advance notes:
>>
>> Pandora [new] (8 pm, CW)
>>
>> Set in 2199, after the death of her parents, Jax (Priscilla Quintana)
>> starts a new life at Space Training Academy, where her uncle (Noah
>> Huntley) is a professor and cadets learn to fight alien and human
>> threats. But when the truth of her true identity is revealed to her, it
>> changes everything in this sci-fi series. Stars Priscilla Quintana
>> (“Polaroid,” “Traffik”), Oliver Dench (“Technology”), Raechelle
>> Banno (“Home and Away”) John Harlan Kim (“The Librarians”), Ben Radcliffe
>> (“Random”), Banita Sandhu (“October”), Martin Bobb-Semple (“Free
>> Rein”) and Noah Huntley (“Free Rein”).
>
> I set the DVR for that some time ago. I must have heard about it here. It
> can't possibly be good, it's on the CW.

We've discussed this before - the only "star" on this that any of use
recognize is John Harlan Kim. No one (not even me!!) has heard of any
of the rest of them, so this stars even more "unknowns" than "The
Outpost" does!!

anim8rfsk

Jul 16, 2019, 12:08:58 AM7/16/19
Mon, 15 Jul 2019 19:56:33 -0700 Ian J. Ball<IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2019-07-15 23:05:08 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
> > Mon, 15 Jul 2019 15:37:19 -0700 Robin Miller<robin....@invalid.invalid>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Tomorrow's advance notes:
> > >
> > > Pandora [new] (8 pm, CW)
> > >
> > > Set in 2199, after the death of her parents, Jax (Priscilla Quintana)
> > > starts a new life at Space Training Academy, where her uncle (Noah
> > > Huntley) is a professor and cadets learn to fight alien and human
> > > threats. But when the truth of her true identity is revealed to her, it
> > > changes everything in this sci-fi series. Stars Priscilla Quintana
> > > (“Polaroid,” “Traffik”), Oliver Dench (“Technology”), Raechelle
> > > Banno (“Home and Away”) John Harlan Kim (“The Librarians”), Ben
> > > Radcliffe
> > > (“Random”), Banita Sandhu (“October”), Martin Bobb-Semple (“Free
> > > Rein”) and Noah Huntley (“Free Rein”).
> >
> > I set the DVR for that some time ago. I must have heard about it here. It
> > can't possibly be good, it's on the CW.
>
> We've discussed this before - the only "star" on this that any of use
> recognize is John Harlan Kim. No one (not even me!!) has heard of any
> of the rest of them, so this stars even more "unknowns" than "The
> Outpost" does!!

Yeah, I'm staring at the description wondering why in the world I added it to
the DVR. It may have been something the DVR suggested and I said 'okay'

Dimensional Traveler

Jul 16, 2019, 12:14:42 AM7/16/19
Your DVR suggests things that are filmed in Bulgaria?

Adam H. Kerman

Jul 16, 2019, 12:16:59 AM7/16/19
Turn off recommendations from Ian!

Jim G.

Jul 16, 2019, 12:18:03 AM7/16/19
Ian J. Ball sent the following on 7/15/19 at 9:56 PM:
> On 2019-07-15 23:05:08 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Mon, 15 Jul 2019 15:37:19 -0700 Robin Miller<robin....@invalid.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Tomorrow's advance notes:
>>>
>>> Pandora [new] (8 pm, CW)
>>>
>>> Set in 2199, after the death of her parents, Jax (Priscilla Quintana)
>>> starts a new life at Space Training Academy, where her uncle (Noah
>>> Huntley) is a professor and cadets learn to fight alien and human
>>> threats. But when the truth of her true identity is revealed to her, it
>>> changes everything in this sci-fi series. Stars Priscilla Quintana
>>> (“Polaroid,” “Traffik”), Oliver Dench (“Technology”), Raechelle
>>> Banno (“Home and Away”) John Harlan Kim (“The Librarians”), Ben Radcliffe
>>> (“Random”), Banita Sandhu (“October”), Martin Bobb-Semple (“Free
>>> Rein”) and Noah Huntley (“Free Rein”).
>>
>> I set the DVR for that some time ago. I must have heard about it here. It
>> can't possibly be good, it's on the CW.
>
> We've discussed this before - the only "star" on this that any of use
> recognize is John Harlan Kim. No one (not even me!!) has heard of any
> of the rest of them,

In the immortal words of Oliver Queen, you have FAILED this newsgroup.
He should probably kill you now.

No, wait. He only kills the flunkies *around* the latest person to have
failed the city. Huh. Maybe we can get him to make an exception here.

"She mustn't kill Aaron. I mean it. I hate to be strict but she really
mustn't kill anyone." -- Carolyn Martens, KILLING EVE

anim8rfsk

Jul 16, 2019, 12:32:57 AM7/16/19
Mon, 15 Jul 2019 21:14:41 -0700 Dimensional Traveler<dtr...@sonic.net>
wrote:
Hey, I watch THE OUTPOST.

anim8rfsk

Jul 16, 2019, 12:33:31 AM7/16/19
hee hee

Ian J. Ball

Jul 16, 2019, 12:54:15 AM7/16/19
THOSE ARE TEH BEST WONS!!!1!11!!! [toothless grin]

Dimensional Traveler

Jul 16, 2019, 8:24:42 AM7/16/19
At least that didn't start out filmed in Bulgaria and you had heard of
Green.

Connor

Jul 16, 2019, 10:23:32 AM7/16/19
On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 3:37:25 PM UTC-7, Robin Miller wrote:
> London Kills (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Acorn TV)

fyi Comcast has an Acorn free preview. They have some nice shows.

Ian J. Ball

Jul 16, 2019, 11:33:58 AM7/16/19
I'd also heard of Malcolm before "The Outpost" premiered. (I'm not sure
I'd ever seen Andrew Howard before, but I want to say that I had...)

But I know pretty much no one on "Pandora"... :|

anim8rfsk

Jul 16, 2019, 11:44:36 AM7/16/19
Tue, 16 Jul 2019 08:33:53 -0700 Ian J. Ball<IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> I'd also heard of Malcolm before "The Outpost" premiered.

Speaking of which, were there any OUTPOST posts? I finally watched 2x01 last
night ...

Ian J. Ball

Jul 16, 2019, 12:36:14 PM7/16/19
On 2019-07-16 15:44:32 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Tue, 16 Jul 2019 08:33:53 -0700 Ian J. Ball<IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> I'd also heard of Malcolm before "The Outpost" premiered.
>
> Speaking of which, were there any OUTPOST posts? I finally watched 2x01 last
> night ...

My review is in the 2019-07-12 (Friday) WDYW? thread.

anim8rfsk

Jul 16, 2019, 1:13:52 PM7/16/19
Tue, 16 Jul 2019 09:36:10 -0700 Ian J. Ball<IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2019-07-16 15:44:32 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
> > Tue, 16 Jul 2019 08:33:53 -0700 Ian J. Ball<IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
> >
> > > I'd also heard of Malcolm before "The Outpost" premiered.
> >
> > Speaking of which, were there any OUTPOST posts? I finally watched 2x01 last
> > night ...
>
> My review is in the 2019-07-12 (Friday) WDYW? thread.

Thar she blows! Thanks!

Robin Miller

Jul 16, 2019, 1:24:12 PM7/16/19
Wow, thanks for letting me know. it runs from July 15 to 21. Here's the
info:

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/svod/acorntv

I'd love to watch Miss Fisher and the Crypt of Tears, but it doesn't
appear to be available yet.

--Robin

Micky DuPree

Jul 23, 2019, 1:58:35 AM7/23/19
Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> writes:

> Connor wrote:

>> fyi Comcast has an Acorn free preview. They have some nice shows.
>
> Wow, thanks for letting me know. it runs from July 15 to 21. Here's
> the info:
>
> https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/svod/acorntv
>
> I'd love to watch Miss Fisher and the Crypt of Tears, but it doesn't
> appear to be available yet.

Also thanks. I taped the last three seasons of _Rake_ for later.

-Micky