What's the Worst Show You Have Seen Every Episode of?

Ubiquitous

Mar 10, 2017, 2:11:48 PM3/10/17
Completionism is a disease that forces some people to finish
something even though it has gone horribly wrong. This is why I have
seen all of Charmed. And why my colleague James Whitbrook shudders
when you mention Torchwood: Miracle Day. So, we ask you, what’s the
worst show you watched every minute of? Extra points for length of
suck.

Adam H. Kerman

Mar 10, 2017, 2:24:49 PM3/10/17
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

Fuck you, Ubi, for hiding the URL in the headers.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/whats-the-worst-show-you-have-seen-every-episode-of-1790819598

>Completionism is a disease that forces some people to finish
>something even though it has gone horribly wrong. This is why I have
>seen all of Charmed. And why my colleague James Whitbrook shudders
>when you mention Torchwood: Miracle Day. So, we ask you, what's the
>worst show you watched every minute of? Extra points for length of
>suck.

Arrow

Monk

Suits

Crossing Jordan

New Who

thinbl...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2017, 2:26:20 PM3/10/17
On Friday, March 10, 2017 at 2:11:48 PM UTC-5, Ubiquitous wrote:
> Completionism is a disease that forces some people to finish
> something even though it has gone horribly wrong. This is why I have
> seen all of Charmed. And why my colleague James Whitbrook shudders
> when you mention Torchwood: Miracle Day.

> So, we ask you, what’s the worst show you watched every minute of?
> Extra points for length of suck.

REFERENCE THREAD: "Reversing Human Caused Global Stupidity"

Ian J. Ball

Mar 10, 2017, 2:37:00 PM3/10/17
Wait! You're *still* watching "Suits"?!!

Ian (I guess "Charmed" would be one of mine too...)

Ubiquitous

Mar 10, 2017, 2:41:58 PM3/10/17
In article <o9uucl$7b7$1...@dont-email.me>, a...@chinet.com wrote:
>Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

>>Completionism is a disease that forces some people to finish
>>something even though it has gone horribly wrong. This is why I have
>>seen all of Charmed. And why my colleague James Whitbrook shudders
>>when you mention Torchwood: Miracle Day. So, we ask you, what's the
>>worst show you watched every minute of? Extra points for length of
>>suck.
>
>Arrow
>
>Monk
>
>Suits
>
>Crossing Jordan
>
>New Who

"New Who"?

Robin Miller

Mar 10, 2017, 2:51:08 PM3/10/17
Ubiquitous wrote:
> Completionism is a disease that forces some people to finish
> something even though it has gone horribly wrong. This is why I have
> seen all of Charmed. And why my colleague James Whitbrook shudders
> when you mention Torchwood: Miracle Day.

Torchwood: Miracle Day was OK. It doesn't deserve to be in any "worst
of" lists.

--Robin

anim8rfsk

Mar 10, 2017, 3:30:10 PM3/10/17
In article <o9uucl$7b7$1...@dont-email.me>,
I've given up on all of those but MONK and I'm not totally sure I've
seen every ep of that.

I've seen every ep of Trek, although that will end with STD.

To help your memories:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_television_shows_considered_the_wor
st

From this list, I've seen every ep of

The Amazing Spider-Man (which does *not* belong on this list)

Galactica 1980 (maybe I've seen them all)

Space: 1999, Lost in Space, Buck Rogers, The Starlost

Turn-On (heh)

I *tried* to watch every episode of THE GIRL HAS NOTHING EXTRA but I
don't even know if the missing episodes actually exist.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

anim8rfsk

Mar 10, 2017, 3:36:12 PM3/10/17
In article <eiged9...@mid.individual.net>,
I respectfully disagree. Both Peachy and I stopped watching the series
in the middle of that mess.

anim8rfsk

Mar 10, 2017, 3:36:49 PM3/10/17
In article <o9uvcq$qb6$1...@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> In article <o9uucl$7b7$1...@dont-email.me>, a...@chinet.com wrote:
> >Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>
> >>Completionism is a disease that forces some people to finish
> >>something even though it has gone horribly wrong. This is why I have
> >>seen all of Charmed. And why my colleague James Whitbrook shudders
> >>when you mention Torchwood: Miracle Day. So, we ask you, what's the
> >>worst show you watched every minute of? Extra points for length of
> >>suck.
> >
> >Arrow
> >
> >Monk
> >
> >Suits
> >
> >Crossing Jordan
> >
> >New Who
>
> "New Who"?

I'm assuming the mean the 2005 Doctor Who series. I quit watching that
because Crapaldi.

anim8rfsk

Mar 10, 2017, 3:37:43 PM3/10/17
In article <c2e6a1bd-ce08-4dd6...@googlegroups.com>,
I thought about that, but since I started watching when Rose joined and
then caught up on the earlier eps hit or miss with TNT's 'short fat
witches' versions, I have no idea if I've seen them all or not.

David Johnston

Mar 10, 2017, 3:44:32 PM3/10/17
Ah but Arrow, Suits and Who aren't done yet. You may yet give up.

Ubiquitous

Mar 10, 2017, 3:51:43 PM3/10/17
In article <anim8rfsk-A5175...@news.easynews.com>, anim...@cox.net wrote:
> "Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

>> >Completionism is a disease that forces some people to finish
>> >something even though it has gone horribly wrong. This is why I have
>> >seen all of Charmed. And why my colleague James Whitbrook shudders
>> >when you mention Torchwood: Miracle Day. So, we ask you, what's the
>> >worst show you watched every minute of? Extra points for length of
>> >suck.
>>
>> Arrow
>>
>> Monk
>>
>> Suits
>>
>> Crossing Jordan
>>
>> New Who
>
>I've given up on all of those but MONK and I'm not totally sure I've
>seen every ep of that.
>
>I've seen every ep of Trek, although that will end with STD.
>
>To help your memories:
>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_television_shows_considered_the_worst
>
>From this list, I've seen every ep of
>
>The Amazing Spider-Man (which does *not* belong on this list)
>
>Galactica 1980 (maybe I've seen them all)
>
>Space: 1999, Lost in Space, Buck Rogers, The Starlost
>
>Turn-On (heh)

That's the proto-Laugh-In that lasted one or two eps, right?

Robin Miller

Mar 10, 2017, 4:26:55 PM3/10/17
anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <eiged9...@mid.individual.net>,
> Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Ubiquitous wrote:
>>> Completionism is a disease that forces some people to finish
>>> something even though it has gone horribly wrong. This is why I have
>>> seen all of Charmed. And why my colleague James Whitbrook shudders
>>> when you mention Torchwood: Miracle Day.
>>

>> Torchwood: Miracle Day was OK. It doesn't deserve to be in any "worst
>> of" lists.
>>
>> --Robin
>
> I respectfully disagree. Both Peachy and I stopped watching the series
> in the middle of that mess.

A lot of people thought it meandered. I just really like Eve Myles and
her gap-toothed smile ...

--Robin

A Friend

Mar 10, 2017, 4:38:07 PM3/10/17
In article <o9v3fj$nc7$6...@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous
They made two, but just one aired. I watched it. I remember that it
gave me a headache. The screen flickered, and there was this annoying
electronic music soundtrack. I wasn't prone to headaches, then or now.

I remember a stupid sketch in which Tim Conway played Superman. Also,
Chuck McCann was in it, and I loved (and still love) Chuck. That's
about it.

Arthur Lipscomb

Mar 10, 2017, 4:38:56 PM3/10/17
On 3/10/2017 12:36 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <eiged9...@mid.individual.net>,
> Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Ubiquitous wrote:
>>> Completionism is a disease that forces some people to finish
>>> something even though it has gone horribly wrong. This is why I have
>>> seen all of Charmed. And why my colleague James Whitbrook shudders
>>> when you mention Torchwood: Miracle Day.
>>

>> Torchwood: Miracle Day was OK. It doesn't deserve to be in any "worst
>> of" lists.
>>
>> --Robin
>
> I respectfully disagree. Both Peachy and I stopped watching the series
> in the middle of that mess.

Considering how great Children of Earth was, Miracle Day was a major let
down.

"Legend" is the worst show I've watched every episode of. I would say
Andromeda but there were a few OK episodes. But if you are just
counting number of horrible episodes then Andromeda wins by a mile. I
wish I could include Earth: Final Conflict but I dumped that series with
extreme prejudice a couple of episodes into season 5.

Your Name

Mar 10, 2017, 5:01:20 PM3/10/17
In article <o9utk9$qb6$8...@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous
<web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> Completionism is a disease that forces some people to finish
> something even though it has gone horribly wrong. This is why I have
> seen all of Charmed. And why my colleague James Whitbrook shudders
> when you mention Torchwood: Miracle Day. So, we ask you, what’s the
> worst show you watched every minute of? Extra points for length of
> suck.

"Lost" would have to be the top show in such a list ... thankfully I
didn't bother sticking around long enough to see the ridiculous ending.

Last week I finished watching all of "Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda" (I
didn't see the original run). It started off okay, but lost it's way
pretty quickly, and the final season, or two, was simply a mess. It's
pretty obvious that the supposedly found unused Gene Roddenberry Star
Trek scripts were pretty minimal and ran out well within the first
season.

Ian J. Ball

Mar 10, 2017, 5:10:02 PM3/10/17
Oh, "Mutant X" is another one of mine (with it's horrible final season). Also "BeastMaster" (which really took a dive in quality in its last season as well IIRC). I'm tempted to add "Earth: Final Conflict" as well, but I'm quite sure I did not see every episode of that one...

anim8rfsk

Mar 10, 2017, 5:31:21 PM3/10/17
In article <o9v3fj$nc7$6...@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

Yeah, one airing, and one only. Cancelled as it aired. If you've seen
any episode of Turn On, you've seen the entire series.

anim8rfsk

Mar 10, 2017, 5:47:20 PM3/10/17
In article <8d0ff7ae-6071-4534...@googlegroups.com>,
"Ian J. Ball" <ijb...@mac.com> wrote:

> On Friday, March 10, 2017 at 2:01:20 PM UTC-8, Your Name wrote:
>
> > In article <o9utk9$qb6$8...@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous
> > <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Completionism is a disease that forces some people to finish
> > > something even though it has gone horribly wrong. This is why I have
> > > seen all of Charmed. And why my colleague James Whitbrook shudders
> > > when you mention Torchwood: Miracle Day. So, we ask you, what’s the
> > > worst show you watched every minute of? Extra points for length of
> > > suck.
> >
> > "Lost" would have to be the top show in such a list ... thankfully I
> > didn't bother sticking around long enough to see the ridiculous ending.

Oh, God, yeah, I saw all of that wretched garbage.

> > Last week I finished watching all of "Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda" (I
> > didn't see the original run). It started off okay, but lost it's way
> > pretty quickly, and the final season, or two, was simply a mess. It's
> > pretty obvious that the supposedly found unused Gene Roddenberry Star
> > Trek scripts were pretty minimal and ran out well within the first
> > season.
>
> Oh, "Mutant X" is another one of mine (with it's horrible final season). Also
> "BeastMaster" (which really took a dive in quality in its last season as well
> IIRC). I'm tempted to add "Earth: Final Conflict" as well, but I'm quite sure
> I did not see every episode of that one...

I'm sure I've not seen all of EFC - I bailed on at least 3 separate
occasions. I've seen all of ANDROMEDA which wasn't horrible beyond
human comprehension until the last season. Mutant X finally got good in
the last season when they added the girl with no neck, but I didn't come
close to seeing all the eps.

Oh, I've seen all of Xena, another property destroyed by incompetent
hack Roberto Orci.

Somebody here has probably seen every ep of the horrible new Hawai'i
5.1, not to mention Scorpion.

william ahearn

Mar 10, 2017, 5:49:22 PM3/10/17
On Friday, March 10, 2017 at 4:26:55 PM UTC-5, Robin Miller wrote:

> A lot of people thought it meandered. I just really like Eve Myles and
> her gap-toothed smile ...

Me, too. Although Torchwood had one of the best sci-fi episodes.

A Friend

Mar 10, 2017, 5:54:22 PM3/10/17
In article <o9v681$57d$1...@dont-email.me>, Arthur Lipscomb
I guess mine would be the original BATTLESTAR GALACTICA. I stuck with
it no matter how bad it got, and it got pretty damn bad as the season
ground on. I tend not to stick with shows that have worn out their
welcome with me, even if I'd been enthusiastic about them at the
beginning -- LOIS & CLARK, for example, or the VOYAGER and ENTERPRISE
Star Treks. For a more recent example, CASTLE. I'm about to pull the
plug on SUPERGIRL.

Ubiquitous

Mar 10, 2017, 5:58:06 PM3/10/17
anim...@cox.net wrote:
It's on YouTube. It was mentioned on that Dark Shadows blog.

Nancy2

Mar 10, 2017, 6:04:58 PM3/10/17
The Wheel. One short season of watching grass grow. Yet, for some reason
I refused to give up on it. ;-))

N.

A Friend

Mar 10, 2017, 6:13:29 PM3/10/17
In article <anim8rfsk-0E610...@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> Yeah, one airing, and one only. Cancelled as it aired.

Tim Conway (the host that week) used to joke about it, but in fact
TURN-ON was put on hiatus two days after it ran and was cancelled three
days after that, on Feb 10 1969*. A fair number of big stations in the
western U.S. saw the east feed of TURN-ON and said they wouldn't air
the series. Many stations in the east said the same thing. It was an
unprecedented rebellion by affiliates.

I do remember a lot of mild cussing, not usually heard on TV in 1969.

Tim Conway told PBS about ten years ago that he thought TURN-ON was
ahead of its time, but that even the time it was ahead of might have
passed already. Whatever was allegedly offensive about TURN-ON likely
couldn't hold a candle to what's on TV now.

*There's a reasonable claim that the president of ABC called exec
producer George Schlatter at the premiere party halfway through the
eastern broadcast and told him that the show had been cancelled. Oh,
and let's not forget 1979's CO-ED FEVER, the Animal House knock-off
that CBS chairman Bill Paley personally cancelled during its first and
only airing. (Wikipedia says that all six episodes of CO-ED FEVER were
shown in Canada, burned off in a late-afternoon weekend timeslot.)

anim8rfsk

Mar 10, 2017, 6:19:05 PM3/10/17
Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> On 3/10/2017 12:36 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <eiged9...@mid.individual.net>,
> > Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> >> Torchwood: Miracle Day was OK. It doesn't deserve to be in any "worst
> >> of" lists.
> >>
> >> --Robin
> >
> > I respectfully disagree. Both Peachy and I stopped watching the series
> > in the middle of that mess.
> >

> Considering how great Children of Earth was, Miracle Day was a major let
> down.
>

> "Legend" is the worst show I've watched every episode of.

I think there's more than one series with that name. You mean the
steampunk thing with MacGuyver & Q?

I would say
> Andromeda but there were a few OK episodes. But if you are just
> counting number of horrible episodes then Andromeda wins by a mile. I
> wish I could include Earth: Final Conflict but I dumped that series with
> extreme prejudice a couple of episodes into season 5.

I think I dumped it every time they changed leads.

anim8rfsk

Mar 10, 2017, 6:20:22 PM3/10/17
In article <eigk0s...@mid.individual.net>,
R U watching her in VICTORIA?

Dimensional Traveler

Mar 10, 2017, 6:41:25 PM3/10/17
On 3/10/2017 2:47 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <8d0ff7ae-6071-4534...@googlegroups.com>,
> "Ian J. Ball" <ijb...@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> On Friday, March 10, 2017 at 2:01:20 PM UTC-8, Your Name wrote:

>>> "Lost" would have to be the top show in such a list ... thankfully I
>>> didn't bother sticking around long enough to see the ridiculous ending.
>
> Oh, God, yeah, I saw all of that wretched garbage.

They literally pulled the plug on the Island.

--
Running the rec.arts.TV Channels Watched Survey.
Winter 2016 survey began Dec 01 and will end Feb 28

Bill Anderson

Mar 10, 2017, 6:50:15 PM3/10/17
On 3/10/2017 1:11 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> Completionism is a disease that forces some people to finish
> something even though it has gone horribly wrong. This is why I have
> seen all of Charmed. And why my colleague James Whitbrook shudders
> when you mention Torchwood: Miracle Day. So, we ask you, what’s the
> worst show you watched every minute of? Extra points for length of
> suck.

I still cannot believe I watched every episode of THE 4400. At least I
no longer have illusions about how low a promising show can sink.

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

anim8rfsk

Mar 10, 2017, 7:10:58 PM3/10/17
In article <100320171754123211%no...@noway.com>,
I don't think I saw all of Lois & Clark - like many I bailed around the
frog clone bit. I don't think I saw every ep of Castle. I've long
since given up on STUPIDGIRL.

Robin Miller

Mar 10, 2017, 7:26:43 PM3/10/17
No, my mom watched that, but I didn't. I didn't realize Eve was in it
until recently. I like a lot of historical dramas, but this one didn't
interest me for some reason.

--Robin

anim8rfsk

Mar 10, 2017, 7:36:03 PM3/10/17
In article <o9vddp$tot$4...@dont-email.me>,
Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

> On 3/10/2017 2:47 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <8d0ff7ae-6071-4534...@googlegroups.com>,

> > Oh, God, yeah, I saw all of that wretched garbage.
> >
> They literally pulled the plug on the Island.

AND THEY WERE ALL FREAKING DEAD SINCE THE PILOT.

anim8rfsk

Mar 10, 2017, 7:55:15 PM3/10/17
In article <eigui0...@mid.individual.net>,
It's a small role that seems beneath her, but it's fun to hope she'll
bump into Clara.

Adam H. Kerman

Mar 11, 2017, 12:24:19 AM3/11/17
Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>anim8rfsk wrote:
>>Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>>>Torchwood: Miracle Day was OK. It doesn't deserve to be in any "worst
>>>of" lists.

>>I respectfully disagree. Both Peachy and I stopped watching the series
>>in the middle of that mess.

>A lot of people thought it meandered. I just really like Eve Myles and
>her gap-toothed smile ...

Hah! Me too. She kept Torchwood grounded.

That show she did about the district nurse was ok.

She's playing a nothing character on Victoria. It's shocking how the producers
of this show can't get the upstairs/downstairs vibe right.

Arthur Lipscomb

Mar 11, 2017, 12:25:55 AM3/11/17
On 3/10/2017 3:18 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <o9v681$57d$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
>
>> On 3/10/2017 12:36 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> I respectfully disagree. Both Peachy and I stopped watching the series
>>> in the middle of that mess.
>>>

>> Considering how great Children of Earth was, Miracle Day was a major let
>> down.
>>

>> "Legend" is the worst show I've watched every episode of.
>
> I think there's more than one series with that name. You mean the
> steampunk thing with MacGuyver & Q?

Typo. I meant "Legion" the X-Men series currently airing on FX. I
don't think I ever watched that steampunk show.

Adam H. Kerman

Mar 11, 2017, 12:45:21 AM3/11/17
Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>"Legend" is the worst show I've watched every episode of. . . .

Do you mean the Sean Bean series Legends?

Richard Dean Anderson as Ernest Pratt in Legend was a fun series.
Also with John de Lancie, Mark Adair-Rios, and Jarrad Paul. That
was from 1995 on UPN.

Adam H. Kerman

Mar 11, 2017, 12:58:26 AM3/11/17
I thought it got better after Billy Campbell returned and they went back
to Jacqueline McKenzie and Joel Gretsch as the lead characters.

Adam H. Kerman

Mar 11, 2017, 1:13:10 AM3/11/17
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

>Somebody here has probably seen every ep of the horrible new Hawai'i
>5.1, not to mention Scorpion.

Hey, don't look at me. I miss several each season and don't look for
them in reruns.

Ian J. Ball

Mar 11, 2017, 1:29:47 AM3/11/17
On 2017-03-10 22:47:13 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> In article <8d0ff7ae-6071-4534...@googlegroups.com>,
> "Ian J. Ball" <ijb...@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> On Friday, March 10, 2017 at 2:01:20 PM UTC-8, Your Name wrote:

>>> Last week I finished watching all of "Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda" (I
>>> didn't see the original run). It started off okay, but lost it's way
>>> pretty quickly, and the final season, or two, was simply a mess. It's
>>> pretty obvious that the supposedly found unused Gene Roddenberry Star
>>> Trek scripts were pretty minimal and ran out well within the first
>>> season.
>>
>> Oh, "Mutant X" is another one of mine (with it's horrible final
>> season). Also "BeastMaster" (which really took a dive in quality in its
>> last season as well IIRC). I'm tempted to add "Earth: Final Conflict"
>> as well, but I'm quite sure I did not see every episode of that one...
>
> I'm sure I've not seen all of EFC - I bailed on at least 3 separate
> occasions.

I definitely watched the final season of E:FC (which introduced the
world to the lovely Rachel McAdams - I still have a vivid recollection
of that episode, and thinking "WHO THE HELL IS THIS?! SHE'S BEAUTIFUL
AND SHOULD BE A STAR!!!"), but I'm pretty sure that I didn't see all of
the episodes before that - the second season especially, immediately
after they dropped Kevin Kilner, I'm pretty sure I skipped most of.

> I've seen all of ANDROMEDA which wasn't horrible beyond
> human comprehension until the last season.

Dropped by me when they unloaded Tyr - that was the last straw. Never
watched another episode. Didn't miss it in the least - it sucked after
they unloaded Hewitt as showrunner anyway.

> Mutant X finally got good in
> the last season when they added the girl with no neck, but I didn't come
> close to seeing all the eps.

This is your worst, most horrible "gag" of all time... >:\

> Oh, I've seen all of Xena, another property destroyed by incompetent
> hack Roberto Orci.

"Xena", mercifully, I dropped soon after they dropped Calisto, just
when the show started getting awful. But IIRC the lovely Adrienne
Wilkinson drew me back into watching the final season.

> Somebody here has probably seen every ep of the horrible new Hawai'i
> 5.1, not to mention Scorpion.

I may have watched every episode of "Cyber!"!! ;)

Ian (Actually, I'm pretty sure I missed a few of those as well...)

--
"His compassion killed him." - Dr. Sabine Lommers, in

Ian J. Ball

Mar 11, 2017, 1:32:12 AM3/11/17
That's another one - I think I did see every episode of that.
Definitely one show in the very large category of "Good first season,
but they should never have done another episode after that."

Oh, I think I saw every episode of "The Dead Zone", even though that
show got quite bad at the end, esp. the final shortened "coda" season
which was awful. Ditto exactly all of that for "La Femme Nikita" as
well.

Ian J. Ball

Mar 11, 2017, 1:37:39 AM3/11/17
I'm pretty sure I didn't see every episode, but I did watch L&C all the
way through. Another show that had a great first season, but was
sabotaged by incompetent network goons who forced the showrunner out
after season #1, and replaced her with a total hack. (I think exactly
the same thing happened to "Charmed", IIRC...)

Ubiquitous

Mar 11, 2017, 9:40:28 AM3/11/17
In article <bd4822be-6e7a-4748...@googlegroups.com>, ellor...@gmail.com wrote:

>The Wheel. One short season of watching grass grow. Yet, for some reason
>I refused to give up on it. ;-))

I never heard of it.

Ubiquitous

Mar 11, 2017, 9:41:10 AM3/11/17
Try watching LOST some time.

Ubiquitous

Mar 11, 2017, 9:42:51 AM3/11/17
Your...@YourISP.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

>> Completionism is a disease that forces some people to finish
>> something even though it has gone horribly wrong. This is why I have
>> seen all of Charmed. And why my colleague James Whitbrook shudders
>> when you mention Torchwood: Miracle Day. So, we ask you, what’s the
>> worst show you watched every minute of? Extra points for length of
>> suck.
>
>"Lost" would have to be the top show in such a list ... thankfully I
>didn't bother sticking around long enough to see the ridiculous
>ending.

Yeah, I also bailed on Lost.

>Last week I finished watching all of "Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda" (I
>didn't see the original run). It started off okay, but lost it's way
>pretty quickly, and the final season, or two, was simply a mess. It's
>pretty obvious that the supposedly found unused Gene Roddenberry Star
>Trek scripts were pretty minimal and ran out well within the first
>season.

That's another show I may have watched every ep of during its first
run.

--
The old Soviet leaders had it right. Our destruction comes from within:
Moochers, parasites, and Obama.

Ubiquitous

Mar 11, 2017, 9:44:08 AM3/11/17
ijb...@mac.com wrote:
>On Friday, March 10, 2017 at 2:01:20 PM UTC-8, Your Name wrote:
>> In article <o9utk9$qb6$8...@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous
>> <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

>> > Completionism is a disease that forces some people to finish
>> > something even though it has gone horribly wrong. This is why I have
>> > seen all of Charmed. And why my colleague James Whitbrook shudders
>> > when you mention Torchwood: Miracle Day. So, we ask you, what’s the
>> > worst show you watched every minute of? Extra points for length of
>> > suck.
>>
>> "Lost" would have to be the top show in such a list ... thankfully I
>> didn't bother sticking around long enough to see the ridiculous ending.
>>
>> Last week I finished watching all of "Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda" (I
>> didn't see the original run). It started off okay, but lost it's way
>> pretty quickly, and the final season, or two, was simply a mess. It's
>> pretty obvious that the supposedly found unused Gene Roddenberry Star
>> Trek scripts were pretty minimal and ran out well within the first
>> season.
>
> Oh, "Mutant X" is another one of mine (with it's horrible final season).

I had no problem with Mutant X. It wasn't Oscar-worthy, but it was enjoyable.

Ubiquitous

Mar 11, 2017, 9:46:18 AM3/11/17
anim...@cox.net wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

>> > Oh, God, yeah, I saw all of that wretched garbage.
>>
>> They literally pulled the plug on the Island.
>
>AND THEY WERE ALL FREAKING DEAD SINCE THE PILOT.

WHICH THEY SWORE UP AND DOWN WASN'T WHAT HAPPENED!

Oh yeah, and

THEY SWORE THERE WAS A SCIENTIFIC (NOT SCI FI) EXPLAINATION!

Fuckers.

thinbl...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2017, 2:26:30 PM3/11/17
On Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 9:46:18 AM UTC-5, Ubiquitous wrote:
> anim...@cox.net wrote:
> > Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

> >> They literally pulled the plug on the Island.

> >AND THEY WERE ALL FREAKING DEAD SINCE THE PILOT.

The show runners of LOST also swore the Hurley Numbers (4815162342) were not a calendar date, although one old Dharma video clip revealed the numbers in Roman numerals as a copyright date.

I discovered that indeed the Hurley numbers translated into the date of March 4, 1948.

I also discovered there was an old time radio show broadcast on the date that paralleled the Nikki and Paulo episode titled, "Expose", where Nikki and Paulo murder a man and eventually are unwittingly buried alive on the island.

That radio OTR show was titled, "Nicky" or "Don't bury me, I'm not dead"

You can listen to the old time radio show here:

https://archive.org/details/TheClock/CLOCK_48_03_04ep70_Nicky.mp3

Your Name

Mar 11, 2017, 4:49:37 PM3/11/17
In article <kLadnfArWPvjkVnF...@giganews.com>, Ubiquitous
<web...@polaris.net> wrote:
> billand...@yahoo.com wrote:
> >On 3/10/2017 1:11 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> >>
> >> Completionism is a disease that forces some people to finish
> >> something even though it has gone horribly wrong. This is why I have
> >> seen all of Charmed. And why my colleague James Whitbrook shudders
> >> when you mention Torchwood: Miracle Day. So, we ask you, what’s the
> >> worst show you watched every minute of? Extra points for length of
> >> suck.
> >
> >I still cannot believe I watched every episode of THE 4400. At least I
> >no longer have illusions about how low a promising show can sink.
>
> Try watching LOST some time.

NO!!!!!! :-O
You should never suggest such a thing, even to the most evil and vile
person on the planet (which would of course be JJ Abrams).

Your Name

Mar 11, 2017, 4:54:29 PM3/11/17
In article <kLadne0rWPspkFnF...@giganews.com>, Ubiquitous
They also claimed they had a planned storyline ... which obviously they
didn't and simply made crap up as they went along, dropping stuff and
inserting stuff with no absolutely idea at all of where they were
actually going with it.

Bill Anderson

Mar 11, 2017, 5:05:40 PM3/11/17
On 3/11/2017 8:42 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> billand...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> On 3/10/2017 1:11 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>
>>> Completionism is a disease that forces some people to finish
>>> something even though it has gone horribly wrong. This is why I have
>>> seen all of Charmed. And why my colleague James Whitbrook shudders
>>> when you mention Torchwood: Miracle Day. So, we ask you, what’s the
>>> worst show you watched every minute of? Extra points for length of
>>> suck.
>>
>> I still cannot believe I watched every episode of THE 4400. At least I
>> no longer have illusions about how low a promising show can sink.
>
> Try watching LOST some time.

Not a chance. I had a hunch about its ultimate awfulness when I first
heard about it, and I just never watched. Then as time went along and
I'd hear about such things as a smoke monster, I knew, I just knew I'd
made the right decision. The closest I ever came to watching a single
episode was after the final one aired -- I'd set my DVR to record and I
fast-forwarded to see the much-anticipated (by many poor souls) payoff
scene. And that was all I ever wanted to see of LOST.

thinbl...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2017, 5:30:50 PM3/11/17
Well it's no wonder you didn't like watching LOST. If you had stayed with it you would have a better understanding of the LOST mythology of the Others that included the bomb in the basement, the red heifer, the temple, the chemical, biological, nuclear programs, why the Others spoke a secret dead language, the security wall, and the messianic John Locke who was hanged on a cross, before his resurrection.

If you had stayed until the final moments you would have heard, "Everything that has ever happened to you, isreal"

If you had stayed you would have realized LOST was an allegorical tale told by liberal Jewish show-runners and a Jewish director and producer with a rabbi wife.

thinbl...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2017, 6:23:50 PM3/11/17
One more...for the fun of it because there are people reading that might never respond with a post, for those people I encourage them to watch LOST closely. Why?

Because if they watch LOST closely they will learn the spiritual leader of the Others, JACOB, was indirectly responsible for the September crash of Oceanic flight 815, which was allegorical for that other September crash that you can learn more about here, directly from the 3 show runners mouths.

https://vimeo.com/114818796

Arthur Lipscomb

Mar 12, 2017, 3:37:45 PM3/12/17
On 3/11/2017 2:05 PM, Bill Anderson wrote:
> On 3/11/2017 8:42 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>> billand...@yahoo.com wrote:

>>> I still cannot believe I watched every episode of THE 4400. At least I
>>> no longer have illusions about how low a promising show can sink.
>>
>> Try watching LOST some time.
>>

> Not a chance. I had a hunch about its ultimate awfulness when I first
> heard about it, and I just never watched. Then as time went along and
> I'd hear about such things as a smoke monster, I knew, I just knew I'd
> made the right decision.

For me it was the opposite. Before the show premiered there was some
question as to if it was just a bunch of people stranded on an island or
sci-fi. The smoke monster clarified that it was a sci-fi show. Over
it's run we got lots of sci-fi concepts like time travel and alternate
realities.

The closest I ever came to watching a single
> episode was after the final one aired -- I'd set my DVR to record and I
> fast-forwarded to see the much-anticipated (by many poor souls) payoff
> scene. And that was all I ever wanted to see of LOST.

I will admit that Lost raised a *lot* of questions that it never came
close to answering but to be honest it raised so many questions that I
forgot most weren't answered anyway. Questions answered or not it was
still one heck of a ride.

Dimensional Traveler

Mar 12, 2017, 5:09:37 PM3/12/17
On 3/12/2017 12:37 PM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
> On 3/11/2017 2:05 PM, Bill Anderson wrote:

>>> Try watching LOST some time.
>>>

>> Not a chance. I had a hunch about its ultimate awfulness when I first
>> heard about it, and I just never watched. Then as time went along and
>> I'd hear about such things as a smoke monster, I knew, I just knew I'd
>> made the right decision.
>
> For me it was the opposite. Before the show premiered there was some
> question as to if it was just a bunch of people stranded on an island or
> sci-fi. The smoke monster clarified that it was a sci-fi show. Over
> it's run we got lots of sci-fi concepts like time travel and alternate
> realities.

Which the producers said over and over would never be in the show, even
as the episodes with that were airing.

> The closest I ever came to watching a single
>> episode was after the final one aired -- I'd set my DVR to record and I
>> fast-forwarded to see the much-anticipated (by many poor souls) payoff
>> scene. And that was all I ever wanted to see of LOST.
>>

> I will admit that Lost raised a *lot* of questions that it never came
> close to answering but to be honest it raised so many questions that I
> forgot most weren't answered anyway. Questions answered or not it was
> still one heck of a ride.

We're blaming you now for so many shows thinking that confusing the
audience so much they forget what's going on is a good thing

--
Running the rec.arts.TV Channels Watched Survey.
Winter 2016 survey began Dec 01 and will end Feb 28

RichA

Mar 12, 2017, 7:49:09 PM3/12/17
On Friday, 10 March 2017 14:11:48 UTC-5, Ubiquitous wrote:
> Completionism is a disease that forces some people to finish
> something even though it has gone horribly wrong. This is why I have
> seen all of Charmed. And why my colleague James Whitbrook shudders
> when you mention Torchwood: Miracle Day. So, we ask you, what’s the
> worst show you watched every minute of? Extra points for length of
> suck.
>
> --
> Dems & the media want Trump to be more like Obama, but then he'd
> have to audit liberals & wire tap reporters' phones.

The West Wing.

Ubiquitous

Mar 13, 2017, 5:26:01 AM3/13/17
It was intriguing for the first couple seasons, before becoming obvious that
they were just making it up as they went along.

Jim G.

Mar 13, 2017, 3:51:10 PM3/13/17
Dimensional Traveler sent the following on 03/12/2017 at 04:09 PM:
Nope, nope, nope. Look, I hated the last season and the ending as much
as the next guy, but fair is fair. And the fact of the matter is that
they never said "never."

“If Reynard had killed Marina, don't you think there'd be lots of little
Marina bits lying around? ” – The Beast, THE MAGICIANS