Today's premieres and other notes (Thursday, Oct. 11)

Robin Miller

Oct 11, 2018, 1:13:44 PM10/11/18

Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat [new; complete season 1] (3:01
am, Netflix)

Master these four elements, master the kitchen. Based on Samin Nosrat’s
best-selling book, Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat is the essential guide to the
basic elements of good cooking. Across the four part experience, the
spirited guide Samin travels to home kitchens of Italy, the southern
islands of Japan, the heat of the Yucatán and back to Berkeley's Chez
Panisse­where she started her culinary career­to demystify and explore
the central principles of what makes food delicious and how each of us
can easily incorporate those elements into every dish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oKbs4jAf7M

https://www.netflix.com/title/80198288

Supernatural (season 14 premiere) (8 pm, CW)

20 episodes.

Reality shows:

Engineering Catastrophes (season 2 premiere) (9 pm,
Science Channel)

Flip or Flop Atlanta (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, HGTV)

Growing Up Hip Hop: Atlanta (season 2 fall premiere) (9
pm, WE)

How Far Is Tattoo Far? [new] (9 pm, MTV)

Puts relationships through the ultimate test of trust by asking pairs of
friends, family members and couples to design tattoos for one another
that won't be revealed until after they've been permanently inked.

Mega Machines: Sea Giants (season 2 premiere) (10
pm, Science Channel)

The Return of Shelby the Swamp Man [new] (10 pm, History
Channel0

Deep in the Louisiana Bayou lives a legend. Shelby Stanga is known as
the Swamp Man - and he's been ruling these parts for years. He earned a
fortune hauling valuable cypress out of the muddy waters and won a
reputation as King of the Swamp. But a couple years back, it all fell
apart. His orders dried up, he lost everything and he retreated deep
into the swamp. But life in the bayou has been turned upside down.
Record flooding has destroyed homes and businesses, and now, Shelby's
friends and neighbors are in trouble and need him more than ever. So the
Swamp Man is springing into action. He's on a mission - to help get his
fellow swampers back on their feet and get himself back on top in the
process. But he won't be doing it alone - he's bringing along his new
protégé Angela, and she'll need to be a quick learner because the Swamp
Man will put her through the ringer.

Scraps (season 2 premiere) (10 pm, FYI)

Tomorrow's advance notes:

Streaming:

The Haunting of Hill House [new; complete season 1]
(3:01 am, Netflix)

Michiel Huisman, Carla Gugino, Timothy Hutton, Elizabeth Reaser, and
Henry Thomas star in a loose adaptation of Shirley Jackson's 1959
haunted house novel about five siblings who grew up in the most famous
haunted house in America. From horror director Mike Flanagan (Gerald's
Game, Ouija: Origin of Evil); all 10 episodes stream today.

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-haunting-of-hill-house
[Metacritic score 86]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9OzG53VwIk

https://www.netflix.com/title/80189221

The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell [new; complete
season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)

Wickedly talented baker and artist, Christine McConnell welcomes you
into her terrifyingly delicious home to create delectable confections
and hauntingly disturbing decor with the help of her colorful collection
of creatures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6UKGhiE_Nk

https://www.netflix.com/title/80201868

FightWorld [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)

This show isn’t just about fighting, it’s about the people who fight. In
this gritty docu-series, actor and lifelong fight enthusiast Frank
Grillo travels the globe to explore various methods of fighting and the
cultures in which these traditions have evolved and endured. Follow
Frank as he is given unprecedented access into these distinct worlds of
combat and their practitioners, from Krav Maga fighters in Israel to
Muay Thai boxers in Thailand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faMfaNDWHe8

https://www.netflix.com/title/80187722

Edgar Rice Burroughs' Tarzan and Jane (complete season 2)
(3:01 am, Netflix)

Animated children's series.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80057506

The Boss Baby: Back in Business (complete season 2)
(3:01 am, Netflix)

Animated children's series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXYCZVHeLe8

https://www.netflix.com/title/80178943

Apostle (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Gareth Evans (The Raid) directs Dan Stevens, Lucy Boynton, and Michael
Sheen in a horror film set in 1905 that finds a man attempting to rescue
his sister from a religious cult. on a remote island

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/apostle [Metacritic score 61]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1JdWOqc9Q8

https://www.netflix.com/title/80158148

Errementari: The Blacksmith and the Devil (movie) (3:01
am, Netflix)

A brutal blacksmith tortures a demon he blames for his misery, unaware a
trespassing orphan is about to change everything. Based on Basque
folklore. Apparently Spanish-language film originally titled simply
"Errementari."

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/errementari_the_blacksmith_and_the_devil/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5592878/

https://www.netflix.com/title/80239565

Feminists: What Were They Thinking? (documentary)
(3:01 am, Netflix)

Netflix’s latest documentary takes a look into the women's movement of
the 1970s through the collection of feminist portraits captured by
photographer Cynthia MacAdams. 40 years later we look at the culture
then and now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAgeCLYnwNg

https://www.netflix.com/title/80216844

The Kindergarten Teacher (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

When a Staten Island kindergarten teacher discovers what may be a gifted
five year-old student in her class, she becomes fascinated and obsessed
with the child­spiraling downward on a dangerous and desperate path in
order to nurture his talent. Maggie Gyllenhaal stars in a remake of the
2014 Israeli film of the same name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n1NP6w5lXs

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-kindergarten-teacher-2018
[Metacritic score 75]

https://www.netflix.com/title/80240972

ReMastered: Who Shot the Sheriff [new] (3:01
am, Netflix)

The music you know, the stories you don't. ReMastered investigates
high-profile events affecting the legendary names in music. This is
"track one": In 1976, reggae icon Bob Marley survived an assassination
attempt as rival political groups battled in Jamaica. But who exactly
was responsible?

https://www.netflix.com/title/80191047

The Romanoffs [new] (3:01 am, Amazon Prime Video)

Arriving a bit later than originally expected due to separate sexual
harassment scandals involving its creator as well as original production
studio The Weinstein Company, the first post-Mad Men series from Matthew
Weiner is an eight-episode anthology series in the old-fashioned sense:
each standalone episode features a completely different cast, setting,
and story, with each one centering on a different present-day person who
claims to be a descendant of the Russian dynasty that gives the show its
title. The nature of the show allows for a pretty fantastic cast, with
appearances from Isabelle Huppert, Aaron Eckhart, Kathryn Hahn, Diane
Lane, Corey Stoll, Jack Huston, Paul Reiser, Janet Montgomery, Clea
Duvall, Noah Wyle, Kerry Bishé, Ron Livingston, and Amanda Peet, as well
as Mad Men veterans like John Slattery and Christina Hendricks. Two
episodes stream today, with the remaining six arriving weekly on Fridays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2qWLttWvYI

Light as a Feather [new] (3:01 am, Hulu)

A game of "Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board" goes terrifyingly wrong
for a group of five teenage girls in this 10-episode Hulu original
series adapted from Zoe Aarsen's Wattpad story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quv7qjIALUs

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-romanoffs [Metacritic score 60]

Titans [new] (3:01 am?, DC Universe)

First scripted original series from the new paid streaming service from
DC Comics that launched on Sept. 15. Based on the Teen Titans comics
(mainly in their 1980s incarnation), Titans comes from producers Akiva
Goldsman and Greg Berlanti. But the aim here for a darker, edgier, and
more adult series than Berlanti's numerous CW shows. Dick Grayson aka
Robin (Brenton Thwaites), Rachel Roth aka Raven (Teagan Croft), Gar
Logan aka Beast Boy (Ryan Potter) and Koriand'r aka Starfire (Anna Diop)
come together to defend Earth from destruction. New episodes stream weekly.

https://www.dccomics.com/videos/titans-official-trailer

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/titans-2018 [Metacritic score 63]

Broadcast and cable:

Puppy Dog Pals (season 2 premiere) (10:30 am, Disney
Channel)

Blindspot (season 4 premiere) (8 pm, NBC)

Season four jumps forward three months as Remi discovers Sandstorm is no
longer active and the FBI team tries to decipher a drives which may hold
important information.

Dynasty (season 2 premiere) (8 pm, CW)

A woman (Ana-Brenda Contreras) arrives claiming to be the real Cristal
in the second season of the reboot of the 1980s Aaron Spelling nighttime
soap. 22 episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYabs1_VqLM

Boyfriend's Deceit (movie) (8 pm, LMN)

While her boyfriend Oliver is away on a last-minute business trip, Annie
is pulled over by police for a traffic violation as she is driving
Oliver's car. The police discover a bloody knife in the back of the car
and start an investigation. Annie is panicked; she calls Oliver, who is
inexplicably furious she borrowed his car, and then disappears.
Meanwhile, the police have no record of Oliver existing anywhere. Annie
is in denial but trouble is mounting as the police are pairing the
bloody knife with a recent homicide. Now, Annie has to find what is
really going on, and who her boyfriend really is before she is wrongly
accused of a murder he may have committed. Emily Rose [Haven!], John
Shea, and Brad Johnson star.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8515802/ [as "Treacherous"]

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/boyfriends-deceit

Coop & Cami Ask the World [new] (8:30 pm, Disney Channel)

Multi-talented young actors Dakota Lotus and Ruby Rose Turner lead the
ensemble cast of "Coop & Cami Ask the World," Disney Channel's new
live-action comedy. The series follows the antics of middle-school
siblings Coop and Cami Wrather, who co-host a popular online show while
balancing life, family and friendship,

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (final season 4 premiere) (9 pm, CW)

18 episodes.

Shakespeare Uncovered (season 3 premiere) (9 and 10 pm,
two episodes, PBS)

Join six famous hosts who seamlessly weave their personal passions with
history, biography, iconic performances and new analysis to tell the
stories behind Shakespeare's greatest plays, including The Merchant of
Venice with F. Murray Abraham, Much Ado About Nothing with Helen Hunt,
Julius Caesar with Brian Cox, The Winter's Tale with Simon Russell
Beale, Measure for Measure with Romola Garai and Richard III with Sir
Antony Sher. Six episodes.

Gold Rush (season 9 premiere) (9-11 pm, Discovery Channel)

Fish My City With Mike Iaoconelli [new] (10 pm, Nat
Geo Wild)

The six-part series follows award-winning professional bass fisherman
and TV personality Mike "Ike" Iaconelli (@mike_Iaconelli) on his global
search for the world's most iconic fish living alongside some of the
world's busiest concrete jungles. From Austin, Miami, New York and New
Orleans to Taipei and London, Iaconelli traverses the globe's most
exotic cities, encountering fish of all shapes and sizes in the most
unexpected metropolitan locations.

Being Melania - The First Lady (special) (10 pm, ABC)

Pod Save America [new] (11 pm, HBO)

The popular politics podcast (hosted by former Obama administration
staffers Jon Favreau, Jon Lovett, Dan Pfeiffer, and Tommy Vietor) comes
to HBO for a four-week run during election season. Each episode will be
taped the same day it airs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkpcaGFhzCg

--Robin

Dimensional Traveler

Oct 11, 2018, 3:01:28 PM10/11/18
I have a Blindspot, at least for now. The onion smell is getting stronger.

instinct are running screaming.

anim8rfsk

Oct 11, 2018, 3:34:05 PM10/11/18
Thu, 11 Oct 2018 10:13:35 -0700 Robin Miller<robin....@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

> Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat [new; complete season 1] (3:01
> am, Netflix)
>
> Master these four elements, master the kitchen. Based on Samin Nosrat’s
> best-selling book, Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat is the essential guide to the
> basic elements of good cooking. Across the four part experience, the
> spirited guide Samin travels to home kitchens of Italy, the southern
> islands of Japan, the heat of the Yucatán and back to Berkeley's Chez
> Panisse­where she started her culinary career­to demystify and explore
> the central principles of what makes food delicious and how each of us
> can easily incorporate those elements into every dish.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oKbs4jAf7M
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/80198288
>
> Supernatural (season 14 premiere) (8 pm, CW)
>
> 20 episodes.
>
> Reality shows:
>

> How Far Is Tattoo Far? [new] (9 pm, MTV)
>
> Puts relationships through the ultimate test of trust by asking pairs of
> friends, family members and couples to design tattoos for one another
> that won't be revealed until after they've been permanently inked.
>
> Mega Machines: Sea Giants (season 2 premiere) (10
> pm, Science Channel)

If I got Science, but that's a top end channel like Cooking and the Spanish
language stuff.

> The Return of Shelby the Swamp Man [new] (10 pm, History
> Channel0
>
> Deep in the Louisiana Bayou lives a legend. Shelby Stanga is known as
> the Swamp Man - and he's been ruling these parts for years. He earned a
> fortune hauling valuable cypress out of the muddy waters and won a
> reputation as King of the Swamp. But a couple years back, it all fell
> apart. His orders dried up, he lost everything and he retreated deep
> into the swamp. But life in the bayou has been turned upside down.
> Record flooding has destroyed homes and businesses, and now, Shelby's
> friends and neighbors are in trouble and need him more than ever. So the
> Swamp Man is springing into action. He's on a mission - to help get his
> fellow swampers back on their feet and get himself back on top in the
> process. But he won't be doing it alone - he's bringing along his new
> protégé Angela, and she'll need to be a quick learner because the Swamp
> Man will put her through the ringer.

Let me know when they get to the Kari Wurher seasons.

> Scraps (season 2 premiere) (10 pm, FYI)
>
> Tomorrow's advance notes:
>
> Streaming:
>
> The Haunting of Hill House [new; complete season 1]
> (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Michiel Huisman, Carla Gugino, Timothy Hutton, Elizabeth Reaser, and
> Henry Thomas star in a loose adaptation of Shirley Jackson's 1959

And by 'loose' they mean 'unrecognizable'

> haunted house novel about five siblings who grew up in the most famous
> haunted house in America. From horror director Mike Flanagan (Gerald's
> Game, Ouija: Origin of Evil); all 10 episodes stream today.
>
> https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-haunting-of-hill-house
> [Metacritic score 86]
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9OzG53VwIk
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/80189221
>

> Feminists: What Were They Thinking? (documentary)
> (3:01 am, Netflix)

Cue the song"How to Handle a Woman" from Camelot:

Merlin told me once, never be too disturbed If you don't understand what a
woman is thinking; They don't do it very often. But what do you do while
they're doing it?

> The Romanoffs [new] (3:01 am, Amazon Prime Video)
>
> Arriving a bit later than originally expected due to separate sexual
> harassment scandals involving its creator as well as original production
> studio The Weinstein Company, the first post-Mad Men series from Matthew
> Weiner is an eight-episode anthology series in the old-fashioned sense:
> each standalone episode features a completely different cast, setting,
> and story, with each one centering on a different present-day person who
> claims to be a descendant of the Russian dynasty that gives the show its

But but but ... we know they're all lying!

> title. The nature of the show allows for a pretty fantastic cast, with
> appearances from Isabelle Huppert, Aaron Eckhart, Kathryn Hahn, Diane
> Lane, Corey Stoll, Jack Huston, Paul Reiser, Janet Montgomery, Clea
> Duvall, Noah Wyle, Kerry Bishé, Ron Livingston, and Amanda Peet, as well
> as Mad Men veterans like John Slattery and Christina Hendricks. Two
> episodes stream today, with the remaining six arriving weekly on Fridays.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2qWLttWvYI
>
> Light as a Feather [new] (3:01 am, Hulu)

I'm out

> Titans [new] (3:01 am?, DC Universe)
>
> First scripted original series from the new paid streaming service from

"The only channel with less content that CBS All Accass!

> DC Comics that launched on Sept. 15. Based on the Teen Titans comics
> (mainly in their 1980s incarnation), Titans comes from producers Akiva
> Goldsman and Greg Berlanti.

Either of them is a dealbreaker. Together?

> But the aim here for a darker, edgier, and
> more adult series than Berlanti's numerous CW shows. Dick Grayson aka
> Robin (Brenton Thwaites), Rachel Roth aka Raven (Teagan Croft), Gar
> Logan aka Beast Boy (Ryan Potter) and Koriand'r aka Starfire (Anna Diop)
> come together to defend Earth from destruction. New episodes stream weekly.
>
> https://www.dccomics.com/videos/titans-official-trailer

Oh, this is the thing with Robin murdering people, that onlookers were
yelling about how bad Starfire looks (and she doesn't seem to be in the
trailer) awhile back.
https://www.dailydot.com/wp-
content/uploads/2018/10/titans_dc_universe_starfire.jpg

> https://www.metacritic.com/tv/titans-2018 [Metacritic score 63]
>
> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Dynasty (season 2 premiere) (8 pm, CW)
>
> A woman (Ana-Brenda Contreras) arrives claiming to be the real Cristal
> in the second season of the reboot of the 1980s Aaron Spelling nighttime
> soap. 22 episodes.

Only for Ian.

> Boyfriend's Deceit (movie) (8 pm, LMN)
>
> While her boyfriend Oliver is away on a last-minute business trip, Annie
> is pulled over by police for a traffic violation as she is driving
> Oliver's car. The police discover a bloody knife in the back of the car
> and start an investigation. Annie is panicked; she calls Oliver, who is
> inexplicably furious she borrowed his car, and then disappears.

Inexplicably furious she took his car without permission? Seems pretty
explicable to me.

> Meanwhile, the police have no record of Oliver existing anywhere. Annie
> is in denial but trouble is mounting as the police are pairing the
> bloody knife with a recent homicide. Now, Annie has to find what is
> really going on, and who her boyfriend really is before she is wrongly
> accused of a murder he may have committed. Emily Rose [Haven!], John
> Shea, and Brad Johnson star.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8515802/ [as "Treacherous"]
>
> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/boyfriends-deceit
>

> Fish My City With Mike Iaoconelli [new] (10 pm, Nat
> Geo Wild)
>
> The six-part series follows award-winning professional bass fisherman
> and TV personality Mike "Ike" Iaconelli (@mike_Iaconelli) on his global
> search for the world's most iconic fish living alongside some of the
> world's busiest concrete jungles. From Austin, Miami, New York and New
> Orleans to Taipei and London, Iaconelli traverses the globe's most
> exotic cities, encountering fish of all shapes and sizes in the most
> unexpected metropolitan locations.

There was a local restaurant here recently touting they were sourcing
'locally sourced halibut' and I was wonder where the Hell they were finding
that - the Odysea Aquarium?

Thanks

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

anim8rfsk

Oct 11, 2018, 3:44:43 PM10/11/18
wrote:

> Streaming:

The Netflix is trying to get me to watch
NETFLIX ORIGINAL
NETFLIX AND CHILLS
Demons. Vampires. And so many cornfields.
Everything you need for a delightfully creepy night in.

It's zero length, and seems to be ads for other programming.

Ian J. Ball

Oct 11, 2018, 5:40:56 PM10/11/18
On 2018-10-11 17:13:35 +0000, Robin Miller said:

> Tomorrow's advance notes:
>

> Streaming:
>

> The Haunting of Hill House [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Michiel Huisman, Carla Gugino, Timothy Hutton, Elizabeth Reaser, and
> Henry Thomas star in a loose adaptation of Shirley Jackson's 1959
> haunted house novel about five siblings who grew up in the most famous
> haunted house in America. From horror director Mike Flanagan (Gerald's
> Game, Ouija: Origin of Evil); all 10 episodes stream today.

Despite the casting, this does not sound promising...

> Apostle (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Gareth Evans (The Raid) directs Dan Stevens, Lucy Boynton, and Michael
> Sheen in a horror film set in 1905 that finds a man attempting to
> rescue his sister from a religious cult. on a remote island

OTOH, this *does*.

> The Kindergarten Teacher (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> When a Staten Island kindergarten teacher discovers what may be a
> gifted five year-old student in her class, she becomes fascinated and
> obsessed with the child貞piraling downward on a dangerous and desperate
> path in order to nurture his talent. Maggie Gyllenhaal stars in a
> remake of the 2014 Israeli film of the same name.

Oh, Gawd, no.

> Light as a Feather [new] (3:01 am, Hulu)
>
> A game of "Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board" goes terrifyingly
> wrong for a group of five teenage girls in this 10-episode Hulu
> original series adapted from Zoe Aarsen's Wattpad story.

I'll probably go back to Hulu for this, though it might not be until January...

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Puppy Dog Pals (season 2 premiere) (10:30 am, Disney Channel)
>

> Blindspot (season 4 premiere) (8 pm, NBC)
>
> Season four jumps forward three months as Remi discovers Sandstorm is
> no longer active and the FBI team tries to decipher a drives which may
> hold important information.

I may have to subject myself to this, just to see if Tori Anderson turns up...

> Boyfriend's Deceit (movie) (8 pm, LMN)
>
> While her boyfriend Oliver is away on a last-minute business trip,
> Annie is pulled over by police for a traffic violation as she is
> driving Oliver's car. The police discover a bloody knife in the back of
> the car and start an investigation. Annie is panicked; she calls
> Oliver, who is inexplicably furious she borrowed his car, and then
> disappears. Meanwhile, the police have no record of Oliver existing
> anywhere. Annie is in denial but trouble is mounting as the police are
> pairing the bloody knife with a recent homicide. Now, Annie has to find
> what is really going on, and who her boyfriend really is before she is
> wrongly accused of a murder he may have committed. Emily Rose [Haven!],
> John Shea, and Brad Johnson star.

Yes, I'll probably be watching this, due to Emily Rose (and John Shea!
[Mutant X!!]).

> --Robin

Well, there was a lot in this one!!

Robin Miller

Oct 11, 2018, 6:28:17 PM10/11/18
Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2018-10-11 17:13:35 +0000, Robin Miller said:
>
>>         Tomorrow's advance notes:
>>

>>     Streaming:
>>

>> The Haunting of Hill House        [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am,
>> Netflix)
>>
>> Michiel Huisman, Carla Gugino, Timothy Hutton, Elizabeth Reaser, and
>> Henry Thomas star in a loose adaptation of Shirley Jackson's 1959
>> haunted house novel about five siblings who grew up in the most famous
>> haunted house in America. From horror director Mike Flanagan (Gerald's
>> Game, Ouija: Origin of Evil); all 10 episodes stream today.
>
> Despite the casting, this does not sound promising...
>
>> Apostle        (movie)           (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>
>> Gareth Evans (The Raid) directs Dan Stevens, Lucy Boynton, and Michael
>> Sheen in a horror film set in 1905 that finds a man attempting to
>> rescue his sister from a religious cult. on a remote island
>
> OTOH, this *does*.

These are the two I'm interested in. Why the bad reactions to HHH?
Metacritic reviews were good.

>> Boyfriend's Deceit       (movie)           (8 pm, LMN)
>>
>> While her boyfriend Oliver is away on a last-minute business trip,
>> Annie is pulled over by police for a traffic violation as she is
>> driving Oliver's car. The police discover a bloody knife in the back
>> of the car and start an investigation. Annie is panicked; she calls
>> Oliver, who is inexplicably furious she borrowed his car, and then
>> disappears. Meanwhile, the police have no record of Oliver existing
>> anywhere. Annie is in denial but trouble is mounting as the police are
>> pairing the bloody knife with a recent homicide. Now, Annie has to
>> find what is really going on, and who her boyfriend really is before
>> she is wrongly accused of a murder he may have committed. Emily Rose
>> [Haven!], John Shea, and Brad Johnson star.
>
> Yes, I'll probably be watching this, due to Emily Rose (and John Shea!
> [Mutant X!!]).

Already set to record on my DVR, although the last Lifetime/LMN movie I
tried to watch, also because of Emily Rose, was so overacted that I
couldn't stay with it.

--Robin

Jim G.

Oct 11, 2018, 6:35:01 PM10/11/18
Robin Miller sent the following on 10/11/2018 at 12:13 PM:
> Supernatural (season 14 premiere) (8 pm, CW)
>
> 20 episodes.

All at once? :)

I'm seeing a lot of preemptive damage control over the Missing Dean
business. Apparently a lot of people, already bummed by the reduced
episode count, aren't liking the idea of Sam and Dean being apart for
any length of time, and the show is trying to (a) downplay the concerns
by (b) telling the audience to be patient.

Should be interesting...

"I really hope it was Waverly who dressed me, but the gloves scream
Jeremy." -- Wynonna Earp, WYNONNA EARP

anim8rfsk

Oct 11, 2018, 7:14:17 PM10/11/18
Thu, 11 Oct 2018 15:28:09 -0700 Robin Miller<robin....@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

> Today's premieres and other notes (Thursday, Oct. 11)
> Robin Miller<robin....@invalid.invalid>
> October 11, 2018 at 3:28:09 PM MST
>
> Ian J. Ball wrote:
> > On 2018-10-11 17:13:35 +0000, Robin Miller said:
> >
> > > Tomorrow's advance notes:
> > >

> > > Streaming:
> > >

> > > The Haunting of Hill House [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am,
> > > Netflix)
> > >
> > > Michiel Huisman, Carla Gugino, Timothy Hutton, Elizabeth Reaser, and
> > > Henry Thomas star in a loose adaptation of Shirley Jackson's 1959
> > > haunted house novel about five siblings who grew up in the most famous
> > > haunted house in America. From horror director Mike Flanagan (Gerald's
> > > Game, Ouija: Origin of Evil); all 10 episodes stream today.
> >
> > Despite the casting, this does not sound promising...
> >
> > > Apostle (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
> > >
> > > Gareth Evans (The Raid) directs Dan Stevens, Lucy Boynton, and Michael
> > > Sheen in a horror film set in 1905 that finds a man attempting to
> > > rescue his sister from a religious cult. on a remote island
> >
> > OTOH, this *does*.
>
> These are the two I'm interested in. Why the bad reactions to HHH?
> Metacritic reviews were good.

Then those critics are illiterate fools. This is one of those projects where
they just used the names and slapped them on a different story.

It might be fine if they weren't calling it Shirley Jackson's Hill House, but
they are.

It's like adding time travel to The Andromeda Strain.

Robin Miller

Oct 11, 2018, 8:45:10 PM10/11/18
Jim G. wrote:
> Robin Miller sent the following on 10/11/2018 at 12:13 PM:
>> Supernatural          (season 14 premiere)         (8 pm, CW)
>>
>> 20 episodes.
>
> All at once? :)
>
> I'm seeing a lot of preemptive damage control over the Missing Dean
> business. Apparently a lot of people, already bummed by the reduced
> episode count, aren't liking the idea of Sam and Dean being apart for
> any length of time, and the show is trying to (a) downplay the concerns
> by (b) telling the audience to be patient.
>
> Should be interesting...

Is Dean missing?

--Robin

suzeeq

Oct 11, 2018, 10:43:26 PM10/11/18
He was at the end of last season.

Robin Miller

Oct 11, 2018, 11:11:31 PM10/11/18
Oh, OK. I thought maybe Jim meant that Jensen Ackles would be missing
some episodes.

--Robin

Dimensional Traveler

Oct 12, 2018, 12:28:31 AM10/12/18
I was thinking contract renegotiation.

suzeeq

Oct 12, 2018, 1:25:47 AM10/12/18
Robin Miller wrote:
> suzeeq wrote:
>> Robin Miller wrote:

>>> Is Dean missing?
>>>
>> He was at the end of last season.
>

> Oh, OK. I thought maybe Jim meant that Jensen Ackles would be missing
> some episodes.

No, he's been taken over by one of the bad angels and isn't with the others.

Robin Miller

Oct 12, 2018, 10:24:16 AM10/12/18
Right, I remembered that after you posted.

--Robin

Ed Stasiak

Oct 12, 2018, 12:35:45 PM10/12/18
> Robin Miller
>
> ReMastered: Who Shot the Sheriff [new] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> The music you know, the stories you don't. ReMastered investigates
> high-profile events affecting the legendary names in music. This is
> "track one": In 1976, reggae icon Bob Marley survived an assassination
> attempt as rival political groups battled in Jamaica. But who exactly
> was responsible?
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/80191047
>
> The Romanoffs [new] (3:01 am, Amazon Prime Video)
>
> Arriving a bit later than originally expected due to separate sexual
> harassment scandals involving its creator as well as original production
> studio The Weinstein Company, the first post-Mad Men series from Matthew
> Weiner is an eight-episode anthology series in the old-fashioned sense:
> each standalone episode features a completely different cast, setting,
> and story, with each one centering on a different present-day person who
> claims to be a descendant of the Russian dynasty that gives the show its
> title. The nature of the show allows for a pretty fantastic cast, with
> appearances from Isabelle Huppert, Aaron Eckhart, Kathryn Hahn, Diane
> Lane, Corey Stoll, Jack Huston, Paul Reiser, Janet Montgomery, Clea
> Duvall, Noah Wyle, Kerry Bishé, Ron Livingston, and Amanda Peet, as well
> as Mad Men veterans like John Slattery and Christina Hendricks. Two
> episodes stream today, with the remaining six arriving weekly on Fridays.

These two might be cool.

Jim G.

Oct 13, 2018, 12:01:49 PM10/13/18
Robin Miller sent the following on 10/11/2018 at 07:45 PM:
Yes, but I see that you've remembered it already. :)

Jim G.

Oct 13, 2018, 12:09:35 PM10/13/18
Robin Miller sent the following on 10/11/2018 at 10:11 PM:
He's just not himself these days. They've been making a big deal about
how Sam has played many other characters beside himself while this will
be the first time ever that Dean has not been Dean.

Robin Miller

Oct 13, 2018, 12:58:23 PM10/13/18
Jim G. wrote:
> Robin Miller sent the following on 10/11/2018 at 10:11 PM:
>> suzeeq wrote:

>>> He was at the end of last season.
>>
>> Oh, OK. I thought maybe Jim meant that Jensen Ackles would be missing
>> some episodes.
>
> He's just not himself these days. They've been making a big deal about
> how Sam has played many other characters beside himself while this will
> be the first time ever that Dean has not been Dean.

Is that true? Dean has never been possessed? That's interesting.

--Robin

shawn

Oct 13, 2018, 4:01:54 PM10/13/18
Well, he's been a demon. So technically that's should count as
possession even if it was a choice thing and Dean was still.. Dean.
Just raising a little Caine.

Jim G.

Oct 13, 2018, 5:52:22 PM10/13/18
Robin Miller sent the following on 10/13/2018 at 11:58 AM:
It might be more accurate to say that he's never been completely not
himself. As the actor himself put it:

QUOTE
“Over the years I’ve only ever had to just play Dean, whereas Jared has
had to be Lucifer and Gadreel and all these different actual characters
other than Sam. Dean never had to do that. He’s only been Dean. The
biggest stretch was Demon Dean but it was still Dean, it was just the
demon version of himself, which I always love because it makes my job
easier — I can just play the character I know,” Ackles says, before
adding, “That is all going to change soon. Something big’s coming.”
END QUOTE

See: https://ew.com/tv/2018/03/19/supernatural-jensen-ackles-new-character/

suzeeq

Oct 13, 2018, 6:42:56 PM10/13/18
Jim G. wrote:
> Robin Miller sent the following on 10/11/2018 at 10:11 PM:
>> suzeeq wrote:

>>> He was at the end of last season.
>> Oh, OK. I thought maybe Jim meant that Jensen Ackles would be missing
>> some episodes.
>
> He's just not himself these days. They've been making a big deal about
> how Sam has played many other characters beside himself while this will
> be the first time ever that Dean has not been Dean.

Didn't he play death a few years ago?

Jim G.

Oct 13, 2018, 11:11:46 PM10/13/18
suzeeq sent the following on 10/13/2018 at 05:41 PM:
Not that I can recall. Just the demon business at one point.

bruce2...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2018, 12:22:19 PM10/14/18
Calling someone in that industry "illiterate" is an overly strong declaration. Like hitting an ant with a sledge hammer, right?

> It might be fine if they weren't calling it Shirley Jackson's Hill House, but
> they are.
>
> It's like adding time travel to The Andromeda Strain.

That's creative!