Re: 115 Cable Channels Ranked by 2019 Viewership ˆ Yes, Comedy.TV Is Still Dead Last

瀏覽次數:20 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Miloch

未讀,
2019年12月25日 中午12:59:002019/12/25
收件者:
In article <super70s-01E862...@reader01.eternal-september.org>,
super70s says...

>In article <qtvon...@drn.newsguy.com>,
> Miloch <Miloch...@newsguy.com> wrote:
>
>> http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/115-cable-channels-ranked-
>> by-2019-viewership-%e2%80%93-yes-comedytv-is-still-dead-last/
>>
>> 2019 is finally coming to an end, taking with it a decade that saw major
>>changes in the way people watched television. But before we close the book on
>> 2019 and dive into 2020, let's look back at how the final year of the 2010s
>> treated our favorite cable channels by employing the most hallowed form of
>> year-end content -- the ranked list.
>>
>> For the fourth year in a row, Fox News Channel finished 2019 as the
>>most-watched network on cable, according to Nielsen's Live + Same Day ratings.
>>That claim holds true for both primetime (8 p.m. to 11 p.m.) and total day (6
>>a.m.
>>to 6 a.m.). As a matter of fact, Fox News is currently enjoying its most-watched
>> year ever in primetime.

TV 1

>I did a quick count and I only have 16 of these in my surfing lineup.
>
>Also apparently not a lot of Turner Classic Movies fans out there.

I used to watch a lot of History Channel until they stopped and showed anything
but history.

Basically a news junkie and like channels like Discovery. Never watch the
normal channels with sitcoms etc.

*

moviePig

未讀,
2019年12月25日 下午1:08:512019/12/25
收件者:
On 12/25/2019 12:52 PM, super70s wrote:
> [...]
>> 12 A&E NETWORK 935
>> 13 INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY 910
>> 14 DISCOVERY CHANNEL 894
>> 15 FOOD NETWORK 823
>> 16 TV LAND 609
>> 21 LIFETIME TELEVISION 559
>> 22 HALLMARK MOVIES & MYSTERIES 500
>> 24 ADULT SWIM 493
>> 28 ANIMAL PLANET 426
>> 31 TRAVEL CHANNEL 401
>> 32 NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC 400
>> 35 THE CARTOON NETWORK 369
>> 36 NICK JR 366
>> 37 COMEDY CENTRAL 339
>> 38 OPRAH WINFREY NETWORK 329
>> 39 BLACK ENTERTAINMENT TV 328
>> 40 NBC SPORTS NETWORK 327
>> 41 FOX SPORTS 1 318
>> 42 LIFETIME MOVIE NETWORK 311
>> 45 WGN AMERICA 298
>> 46 OXYGEN MEDIA 275
>> 49 NFL NETWORK 265
>> 51 MOTOR TREND 240
>> 52 NAT GEO WILD 236
>> 57 IFC TV 214
>> 58 SUNDANCE TV 212
>> 59 FAMILY ENT TV 187
>> 60 DIY NETWORK 186
>> 61 THE WEATHER CHANNEL 180
>> 64 COOKING CHANNEL 140
>> 65 MLB NETWORK 137
>> 68 FX MOVIE CHANNEL 127
>> 70 DISNEY XD 124
>> 71 TV ONE 121
>> 73 GOLF CHANNEL 101
>> 75 FOX BUSINESS NETWORK 97
>> 76 AMERICAN HEROES CHANNEL 94
>> 77 BOOMERANG 93
>> 78 UP 92
>> 79 RFD-TV 87
>> 80 GREAT AMERICAN COUNTRY 86
>> 81 NBA-TV 85
>> 81 TEENNICK 85
>> 83 VICELAND 77
>> 84 HALLMARK DRAMA 75
>> 85 MTV2 74
>> 86 DESTINATION AMERICA 72
>> 87 DISCOVERY EN ESPANOL 69
>> 87 ESPNU 69
>> 87 OVATION 69
>> 90 UNIVERSO 68
>> 91 TENNIS CHANNEL 65
>> 92 AXS TV 64
>> 93 BIG TEN NETWORK 61
>> 94 FOX DEPORTES 57
>> 94 LOGO 57
>> 96 DISCOVERY FAMILY CHANNEL 51
>> 96 DISCOVERY LIFE CHANNEL 51
>> 98 BET HER 47
>> 99 ESPN DEPORTES 45
>> 100 DISCOVERY FAMILIA 36
>> 101 ESPNEWS 35
>> 102 BABY FIRST TV 34
>> 103 CINE LATINO 31
>> 104 UNIVERSAL KIDS 29
>> 105 FUSE 28
>> 106 CNN EN ESPANOL 26
>> 107 EL REY 25
>> 108 FOX SPORTS 2 17
>> 109 BEIN SPORT ESPANOL 11
>> 110 JUSTICE CENTRAL 11
>> 111 MTV CLASSIC 9
>> 112 BEIN SPORT 5
>> 113 NEWSY 3
>> 113 ESN LIFESTYLES 3
>> 115 COMEDY.TV 1
>>

> I did a quick count and I only have 16 of these in my surfing lineup.
>
> Also apparently not a lot of Turner Classic Movies fans out there.

ESPN-combined is ~2,200 (which would seem to approximate its "reach").

(And wtf is 'Home and Garden TV'?...)

danny burstein

未讀,
2019年12月25日 下午2:20:502019/12/25
收件者:
In <PANMF.29222$_V2....@fx11.iad> moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> writes:

[snip]

>ESPN-combined is ~2,200 (which would seem to approximate its "reach").

>(And wtf is 'Home and Garden TV'?...)

One of those innocuous, visually attractive pieces of
time wasting fluff used for backround in medical and
other offices...

dan...@panix.com

Miloch

未讀,
2019年12月25日 下午4:34:202019/12/25
收件者:
In article <qu0cqg$co3$1...@reader2.panix.com>, danny burstein says...

>In <PANMF.29222$_V2....@fx11.iad> moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> writes:
>
>[snip]
>
>>ESPN-combined is ~2,200 (which would seem to approximate its "reach").
>
>>(And wtf is 'Home and Garden TV'?...)
>
>One of those innocuous, visually attractive pieces of
>time wasting fluff used for backround in medical and
>other offices...

When ranked #4...1,199,000 average viewers is hardly fluff! Discover Inc owns
it along with:

American Heroes Channel
Animal Planet
Cooking Channel
Destination America
Discovery Life
Discovery Channel
DIY Network
Food Network
Great American Country
Investigation Discovery
TLC
Travel Channel

I can pretty much guarantee that if you want one of their channels, Discovery
Inc will make you take all or a good portion of their entire catalog of
channels.

Anyone remember the Dumont Network?...Jackie Gleason first appeared on that
network...

"The network was hindered by the prohibitive cost of broadcasting, by
regulations imposed by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) which
restricted the company's growth, and even by the company's partner, Paramount
Pictures. Despite several innovations in broadcasting and the creation of one of
television's biggest stars of the 1950s, Jackie Gleason, the network never found
itself on solid financial ground. Forced to expand on UHF channels during an era
when UHF tuning was not yet a standard feature of television sets, DuMont fought
an uphill battle for program clearances outside its three owned-and-operated
stations in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Pittsburgh, eventually ending
network operations on August 6, 1956.

"DuMont's latter-day obscurity, caused mainly by the destruction of its
extensive program archive by the 1970s, has prompted TV historian David
Weinstein to refer to it as the "forgotten network".[6] A few popular DuMont
programs, such as Cavalcade of Stars and Emmy Award winner Life Is Worth Living,
appear in television retrospectives or are mentioned briefly in books about U.S.
television history.

*

RichA

未讀,
2019年12月25日 晚上7:46:352019/12/25
收件者:
Good to see a science channel is mid-way up. Though most of the channels are for idiots.

Ed Stasiak

未讀,
2019年12月25日 晚上9:01:052019/12/25
收件者:
> Miloch
>
> Basically a news junkie and like channels like Discovery.
> Never watch the normal channels with sitcoms etc.

I don’t watch networks, I watch tv shows and usually have
no idea which network they’re on and couldn’t care less.

A Friend

未讀,
2019年12月25日 晚上10:32:492019/12/25
收件者:
In article <PANMF.29222$_V2....@fx11.iad>, moviePig
<pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:

> (And wtf is 'Home and Garden TV'?...)

Better known these days as HGTV.

I'm a little surprised that Hallmark Movies & Mysteries has only half
the audience of Hallmark Channel. Maybe it suffers from a lack of
carriers? Also, Hallmark Drama isn't even on the list.

A Friend

未讀,
2019年12月25日 晚上10:48:562019/12/25
收件者:
In article <qu0kk...@drn.newsguy.com>, Miloch
I don't know where that's from, but it's pretty poor.

DuMont's main problem was that, unlike the other nets, it didn't have a
radio network to subsidize its startup losses. It developed talent
(you mentioned Jackie Gleason) but the best stuff was quickly poached
by CBS and NBC. I think the biggest name DuMont managed to hang onto
was Morey Amsterdam, which just goes to show you.

The destruction of DuMont's archives was authored by a higher-up at
Metromedia, who decided he owned everything in the archives (he didn't)
to save on storage fees, and so he had everything loaded into trucks
and dumped into New York's East River. He also dumped Metromedia stuff
he claimed to own, such as the kid show "Winchell-Mahoney Time." Paul
Winchell collected a huge payoff in court over that -- $27 million,
IIRC.

The only stuff you see from that era was held onto by ad agencies and a
handful of kinescope collectors. It was rare that a producer would
kinescope his live programming, although Gleason did it routinely and
kept the copies, which he claimed not to know about for tax reasons.

BTW "Life Is Worth Living" was Bishop Sheen's show. I remember
thinking at the time (I was four or five) that Sheen looked like
Dracula. Saw it again not so long ago and decided I'd been right.

A Friend

未讀,
2019年12月25日 晚上10:50:172019/12/25
收件者:
In article
<super70s-AA8322...@reader.eternal-september.org>, super70s
<supe...@super70s.invalid> wrote:

> In article <qu0kk...@drn.newsguy.com>,
> Miloch <Miloch...@newsguy.com> wrote:
>
> It was slightly before my time but seems like I remember it mentioned
> often in an old PBS documentary about television.
>
> Paramount got the last laugh though when it named a channel after itself
> when it replaced Spike.
>
> I don't know if any network is currently running Honeymooners reruns, I
> haven't seen them since TVLand I guess used to run them several years
> ago. Of course the #MeToo movement wouldn't appreciate Alice being
> threatened with being "sent to the moon" in every episode.

A lot of people didn't appreciate that, even at the time.

Ubiquitous

未讀,
2019年12月27日 晚上8:33:092019/12/27
收件者:
NB: FNC is nearly double that of the highest competitor, although I am being
generous with MSDNC...
It should come as no surprised, since FNC is the least biased news network.
AKA "HGTV", a DIY home improvement network.

--
"We need to impeach the President to find out what crime he committed."
- Nancy Pelosi

Ubiquitous

未讀,
2019年12月28日 晚上8:49:002019/12/28
收件者:
supe...@super70s.invalid wrote:
>...is #1 with white male senior citizens who have nothing better to do
>than plant their butts in front of a TV all day and all night and never
>change the channel.

Actuallty, FNC is the most diverse, evenly divided amongst leftists,
conservatives, and moderates.

FPP

未讀,
2019年12月28日 晚上8:51:192019/12/28
收件者:
Goldfish love it too! Mainly because it's pitched for their level of
intelligence.

--
"You know why I do it? I do it to discredit you all and demean you all
so that when you write negative stories about me no one will believe

Miloch

未讀,
2019年12月28日 晚上10:06:442019/12/28
收件者:
In article <qu90ql$ock$7...@dont-email.me>, FPP says...
...goldfish and...Lou Dobbs...who was too nutball for CNN and they 'released'
him from his contract! He found a home at Fox Business Network a year later.

Birtherism

Dobbs promoted the false conspiracy theory that Barack Obama was not born in the
United States. His willingness to raise the "birther" issue repeatedly, even
though CNN itself considered it a "discredited rumor", led the Washington Post's
TV critic to remark that this "explains their upcoming documentary: 'The World:
Flat. We Report – You Decide.'" The issue had come up in 2008 during the
Presidential campaign, and had largely disappeared from the media spotlight
until Dobbs picked up the issue again.

His statements in support of these conspiracy theories were dubbed "racist" and
"defamatory" by the Southern Poverty Law Center. The controversy led to Media
Matters airing ads critical of Dobbs and of CNN, and to Jon Stewart mocking
Dobbs on the satirical Comedy Central television series The Daily Show.

The Associated Press said that Dobbs had "become a publicity nightmare for CNN,
embarrassed his boss and hosted a show that seemed to contradict the network's
'no bias' brand."

*

pattieireland

未讀,
2019年12月29日 晚上11:46:392019/12/29
收件者:
FPP <fred...@gmail.com> wrote in news:qu90ql$ock$7...@dont-email.me:
That must be why it's most diverse, all the niggers need programming s
low iq as they are. Look at kike murray rothstein's viacom, and how every
channel there has turned into bet.
0 則新訊息