Negative fan reaction tough on 'Last Man Standing' star Amanda Fuller

TMC

Dec 1, 2012, 8:57:27 PM12/1/12
http://tvguide.ca/TVNews/Articles/121130_last_man_AD.htm

By Amber Dowling

2012-11-29

‘Last Man Standing’ replacement overwhelmed by mean people

When Amanda Fuller took the job as Kristin Baxter on Last Man
Standing, she was genuinely excited to have nailed the old-fashioned
audition process, and to be working alongside Tim Allen. Little did
she know joining the ABC sitcom would cause a huge fan backlash.

“I have to be honest, it hasn’t been easy,” the 28-year-old tells TV
Guide Canada. “I wasn’t expecting people to embrace me right away, but
it’s weird because social media gives people an outlet to say whatever
they want, honestly.”

Fuller joined the cast of Last Man Standing this season as part of a
show overhaul. Behind the scenes, showrunner Kevin Abbott left to run
fellow ABC sitcom Malibu Country, replaced by Rules of Engagement’s
Tim Doyle. In front of the camera, Alexandra Krosney departed as the
original Kristin, while her onscreen son, Boyd, was aged. To fill the
position, twins Luke Andrew and Evan George Kruntchev were let go and
Flynn Morrison took their place. Jordan Masterson was also cast as
Boyd’s baby daddy Ryan, a character that was previously played by Nick
Jonas.

“There’s been a lot of negativity and I’ve just been taking it with a
grain of salt, knowing that it’s not completely personal and that
there has been change on the show,” Fuller explains. “I’m a part of
that change, and change makes people uncomfortable. I’m proud of the
work that we’re doing and I hope that people will just catch up and
get on board enough to fall in love with the show, even as it’s taking
this new course.”

Fuller says that landing the gig was one of those strange things in
life that just seemed destined to happen. Coming off of more serious
roles on Grey’s Anatomy and in the film Red, White and Blue, returning
to a multi-camera show was a salute to some of the roles she’d done as
a teen. Plus, she’d had all of these “strange connections” with Allen
growing up, including hanging out on the set of Home Improvement as a
girl because she’d shared a manager with series star Taran Noah Smith,
and learning that one of her brothers, a first A.D., met his wife on
the set of The Santa Clause 3.

“I’ve always been a strange fan,” Fuller laughs. “I didn’t tell him
right away. I didn’t want to be like, ‘SO, let me tell you all the
ways we should work together ...’”

Coming up, it sounds as though Fuller - bubbly and charming in real
life - has her work cut out for her. She maintains that her version of
Kristin is tougher, and therefore potentially not as likeable as the
first one, but she’s also someone who stands up for what she believes
in, and can go head-to-head with her, er, headstrong father. It's a
refreshing change from many of the other young teenage characters
portrayed on television nowadays.

“Tim Doyle is trying to up the ante and make it a show worth
watching,” she says. “He’s bringing out the real issues that real
families can relate to, and that real people are dealing with. Stuff
that isn’t just silly, but stuff people can talk about.”

It seems to be working. Last Man Standing remains the top-rated Friday
night show in its timeslot among key demos, with ABC also recently
ordering an additional five episodes of it and Malibu Country, which
is retaining 100 per cent of Last Man's lead-in audience. (Neither
show was picked up for an original full order because they debuted so
late in the season.)

Fuller also hints at some upcoming romantic storylines for her
character, pointing to the close connection she shares with her son’s
father, and at a potential “love square” with ex-boyfriend Kyle
(Christoph Sanders).

“There’s a twist,” she promises. “There’s a lot of players. We’ll see
what happens, but Kyle gets back in the picture, just not necessarily
with Kristin. Let’s just say that.”

http://www.facebook.com/BringBackAlexandraKrosney?ref=ts&fref=ts

hanc...@bbs.cpcn.com

Dec 1, 2012, 10:16:20 PM12/1/12
On Dec 1, 8:57 pm, TMC <tmc1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Little did
> she know joining the ABC sitcom would cause a huge fan backlash.

The other Kristin was a better actress for the part.

> it’s weird because social media gives people an outlet to say whatever
> they want, honestly.”

Um, people did communicate before social media. A common method was
called a "postcard", which fans sent to the studios.

> Behind the scenes, showrunner Kevin Abbott left to run
> fellow ABC sitcom Malibu Country,

Malibu Country is very weak, despite some good actors. It's a very
obvious retread of Reba.

Last Friday's episode wasn't bad. Interesting story about the
daughter upset about the mother's work. Back in the late 1960s kids
whose parents worked for defense contractors or were in the military
faced similar criticism in some places.

Message has been deleted

icebreaker

Dec 1, 2012, 11:01:07 PM12/1/12
"TMC" <tmc...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> that isn�t just silly, but stuff people can talk about.�
>
> It seems to be working. Last Man Standing remains the top-rated Friday
> night show in its timeslot among key demos, with ABC also recently
> ordering an additional five episodes of it and Malibu Country, which
> is retaining 100 per cent of Last Man's lead-in audience. (Neither
> show was picked up for an original full order because they debuted so
> late in the season.)
>
> Fuller also hints at some upcoming romantic storylines for her
> character, pointing to the close connection she shares with her son�s
> father, and at a potential �love square� with ex-boyfriend Kyle
> (Christoph Sanders).
>
> �There�s a twist,� she promises. �There�s a lot of players. We�ll see
> what happens, but Kyle gets back in the picture, just not necessarily

A joke in the last ep had Mandy commenting that everyone thinks Kristen is
Mandy's mother. Fuller just looks out of place and too old compared to
Krosney's Original Kristen. And the kid's douche father is totally
unnecessary to the show. He's a big distraction imo. I'll bet the Suits hate
to be criticized by the fan base for their retools. They always know best.

Ian J. Ball

Dec 1, 2012, 11:47:50 PM12/1/12
In article <k9ejq6$phq$1...@dont-email.me>,
"icebreaker" <icebr...@anywherebuthere.com> wrote:

> "TMC" <tmc...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > http://tvguide.ca/TVNews/Articles/121130_last_man_AD.htm
> > By Amber Dowling
> > 2012-11-29
> >
> > ŚLast Man Standingą replacement overwhelmed by mean people
> >
> > When Amanda Fuller took the job as Kristin Baxter on Last Man
> > Standing, she was genuinely excited to have nailed the old-fashioned
> > audition process, and to be working alongside Tim Allen. Little did
> > she know joining the ABC sitcom would cause a huge fan backlash.
> >
> > łI have to be honest, it hasnąt been easy,˛ the 28-year-old tells TV
> > Guide Canada. łI wasnąt expecting people to embrace me right away, but
> > itąs weird because social media gives people an outlet to say whatever
> > they want, honestly.˛
> >
> > Fuller joined the cast of Last Man Standing this season as part of a
> > show overhaul. Behind the scenes, showrunner Kevin Abbott left to run
> > fellow ABC sitcom Malibu Country, replaced by Rules of Engagementąs
> > Tim Doyle. In front of the camera, Alexandra Krosney departed as the
> > original Kristin, while her onscreen son, Boyd, was aged. To fill the
> > position, twins Luke Andrew and Evan George Kruntchev were let go and
> > Flynn Morrison took their place. Jordan Masterson was also cast as
> > Boydąs baby daddy Ryan, a character that was previously played by Nick
> > Jonas.
> >
> > łThereąs been a lot of negativity and Iąve just been taking it with a
> > grain of salt, knowing that itąs not completely personal and that
> > there has been change on the show,˛ Fuller explains. łIąm a part of
> > that change, and change makes people uncomfortable. Iąm proud of the
> > work that weąre doing and I hope that people will just catch up and
> > get on board enough to fall in love with the show, even as itąs taking
> > this new course.˛
> > [snip]
>
> A joke in the last ep had Mandy commenting that everyone thinks Kristen is
> Mandy's mother. Fuller just looks out of place and too old compared to
> Krosney's Original Kristen. And the kid's douche father is totally
> unnecessary to the show. He's a big distraction imo. I'll bet the Suits hate
> to be criticized by the fan base for their retools. They always know best.

There's an important lesson to be learned from this (an important lesson
that will of course be ignored by future network goons (not that such
people will be around that much longer anyway)...):

If you (and, by "you", I mean a TV showrunner or a network goon) hate
one of your stars (for whatever reason), but the audience loves them,
just kill them off - the audience may not like it, but they'll at least
respect the story integrity of killing an integral character off.
However, if you do this, don't just immediately replace them with a
thinly-veiled "replacement" character - give it some time before you
bring on somebody new in their stead (this is where, for example,
"Angel" went wrong) .

If you love a star, and the audience loves them, but the star leaves of
their own accord, then write the character out - that way, you may get
lucky if they decide to come back later on.

And if you hate a star, and the audience hates them too, then REALLY
KILL THEM OFF! - there's no downside!

Anyway, while Krosney wasn't loved, she wasn't hated by the audience
either - in this case, they either should have just killed Kristin off,
or contrived some way to write her out of the show (e.g. send Kristin to
Africa as an aid worker, or something, like "Degrassi" did with Darcy
Edwards).

This isn't the 1960s where "Bewitched" could get away with recasting a
major role - modern TV audiences are too sophisticated for that now, and
the people behind LMS shouldn't be surprised that this recasting mess
blew up in their faces, even in a sitcom setting.

I'm nearly certain that the inevitable result of this is that LMS won't
see a third season.

--
"Surf-crazed aliens... Of course." - Amber, "Alien Surf Girls",
Episode #1.1, "Wipeout".

David

Dec 2, 2012, 2:19:51 AM12/2/12
On Dec 1, 11:47 pm, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball-NO_S...@mac.invalid> wrote:
> In article <k9ejq6$ph...@dont-email.me>,

>  "icebreaker" <icebrea...@anywherebuthere.com> wrote:
> > "TMC" <tmc1...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> > >http://tvguide.ca/TVNews/Articles/121130_last_man_AD.htm
> > > By Amber Dowling
> > > 2012-11-29
>
> > > Last Man Standing replacement overwhelmed by mean people
>
> > > When Amanda Fuller took the job as Kristin Baxter on Last Man
> > > Standing, she was genuinely excited to have nailed the old-fashioned
> > > audition process, and to be working alongside Tim Allen. Little did
> > > she know joining the ABC sitcom would cause a huge fan backlash.

> There's an important lesson to be learned from this (an important lesson
> that will of course be ignored by future network goons

Yeeeeees, *that's* who needs to learn a lesson. ABC Family should
develop a show about your lack of conscience.

TMC

Dec 2, 2012, 4:55:06 AM12/2/12
http://www.celebified.com/videos/last-man-standing-star-amanda-fuller-on-the-kristin-controversy

Last Man Standing Star Amanda Fuller Opens Up About The Casting
Controversy Surrounding Her Character Kristin

ABC's Last Man Standing is heading in a new direction. Now in its
second season, the show already has a new showrunner, Tim Doyle. Tim
chose to recast several roles, including the part of Kristin, the
oldest daughter. Amanda Fuller joins the cast, replacing Alexandra
Krosney, and she dishes to Celebified that with change comes a new
direction. Hear her take on the "Kristin" controversy, as well has
where the show as a whole may be heading.

anim8rFSK

Dec 2, 2012, 9:36:20 AM12/2/12
In article
<ijball-NO_SPAM-6B3...@news.eternal-september.org>,
"Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> [...]
> > unnecessary to the show. He's a big distraction imo. I'll bet the Suits
> > hate
> > to be criticized by the fan base for their retools. They always know best.
>
> There's an important lesson to be learned from this (an important lesson
> that will of course be ignored by future network goons (not that such
> people will be around that much longer anyway)...):
>
> If you (and, by "you", I mean a TV showrunner or a network goon) hate
> one of your stars (for whatever reason), but the audience loves them,
> just kill them off - the audience may not like it, but they'll at least
> respect the story integrity of killing an integral character off.
> However, if you do this, don't just immediately replace them with a
> thinly-veiled "replacement" character - give it some time before you
> bring on somebody new in their stead (this is where, for example,

Fat evil bleached hair chewed off by weasels Cordelia is where Angel
went wrong.

> If you love a star, and the audience loves them, but the star leaves of
> their own accord, then write the character out - that way, you may get
> lucky if they decide to come back later on.
>
> And if you hate a star, and the audience hates them too, then REALLY
> KILL THEM OFF! - there's no downside!
>
> Anyway, while Krosney wasn't loved, she wasn't hated by the audience
> either - in this case, they either should have just killed Kristin off,
> or contrived some way to write her out of the show (e.g. send Kristin to
> Africa as an aid worker, or something, like "Degrassi" did with Darcy
> Edwards).
>
> This isn't the 1960s where "Bewitched" could get away with recasting a
> major role - modern TV audiences are too sophisticated for that now, and
> the people behind LMS shouldn't be surprised that this recasting mess
> blew up in their faces, even in a sitcom setting.

There are those would would tell you that Bewitched did NOT get away
with it; they simply had a long term contract with ABC, and even then,
ABC finally bought them out of it because the show was too awful to
continue, as they would years later with Lois & Clark.

I think Bewitched's recasting of Gladys Kravitz worked fine, whereas I
never thought Dennis the Menace's "Mr. Wilson's Brother" bit did, nor
did "Mr. B's Brother and his hot wife" in Hazel.

--
"Every time a Kardashian gets a TV show, an angel dies."
Message has been deleted

Mason Barge

Dec 2, 2012, 2:41:54 PM12/2/12
On Sat, 01 Dec 2012 20:47:50 -0800, "Ian J. Ball"
<ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

>In article <k9ejq6$phq$1...@dont-email.me>,
> "icebreaker" <icebr...@anywherebuthere.com> wrote:
>
>> "TMC" <tmc...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > http://tvguide.ca/TVNews/Articles/121130_last_man_AD.htm
>> > By Amber Dowling
>> > 2012-11-29
>> >
>> > ?ast Man Standing?replacement overwhelmed by mean people
>> >
>> > When Amanda Fuller took the job as Kristin Baxter on Last Man
>> > Standing, she was genuinely excited to have nailed the old-fashioned
>> > audition process, and to be working alongside Tim Allen. Little did
>> > she know joining the ABC sitcom would cause a huge fan backlash.
>> >
>> > ? have to be honest, it hasn? been easy,?the 28-year-old tells TV
>> > Guide Canada. ? wasn? expecting people to embrace me right away, but
>> > it? weird because social media gives people an outlet to say whatever
>> > they want, honestly.?
>> >
>> > Fuller joined the cast of Last Man Standing this season as part of a
>> > show overhaul. Behind the scenes, showrunner Kevin Abbott left to run
>> > fellow ABC sitcom Malibu Country, replaced by Rules of Engagement?
>> > Tim Doyle. In front of the camera, Alexandra Krosney departed as the
>> > original Kristin, while her onscreen son, Boyd, was aged. To fill the
>> > position, twins Luke Andrew and Evan George Kruntchev were let go and
>> > Flynn Morrison took their place. Jordan Masterson was also cast as
>> > Boyd? baby daddy Ryan, a character that was previously played by Nick
>> > Jonas.
>> >
>> > ?here? been a lot of negativity and I?e just been taking it with a
>> > grain of salt, knowing that it? not completely personal and that
>> > there has been change on the show,?Fuller explains. ?? a part of
>> > that change, and change makes people uncomfortable. I? proud of the
>> > work that we?e doing and I hope that people will just catch up and
>> > get on board enough to fall in love with the show, even as it? taking
>> > this new course.?
>> > [snip]
>>
>> A joke in the last ep had Mandy commenting that everyone thinks Kristen is
>> Mandy's mother. Fuller just looks out of place and too old compared to
>> Krosney's Original Kristen. And the kid's douche father is totally
>> unnecessary to the show. He's a big distraction imo. I'll bet the Suits hate
>> to be criticized by the fan base for their retools. They always know best.
>
>There's an important lesson to be learned from this (an important lesson
>that will of course be ignored by future network goons (not that such
>people will be around that much longer anyway)...):
>
>If you (and, by "you", I mean a TV showrunner or a network goon) hate
>one of your stars (for whatever reason), but the audience loves them,

Pfft. Not very many people "loved" the old star. This is a tempest in a
teapot.

They both suck, really. But they should have gotten someone better as the
replacement.

Mason Barge

Dec 2, 2012, 2:43:49 PM12/2/12
I'd would absolutely go with "Connor". Coredelia was unwatchable but it
wasn't her who made me do the bad thing that -- well, never mind.

Mason Barge

Dec 2, 2012, 2:45:28 PM12/2/12
On Sat, 1 Dec 2012 17:57:27 -0800 (PST), TMC <tmc...@gmail.com> wrote:

>http://tvguide.ca/TVNews/Articles/121130_last_man_AD.htm
>
>By Amber Dowling
>
>2012-11-29
>
>‘Last Man Standing’ replacement overwhelmed by mean people
>
>When Amanda Fuller took the job as Kristin Baxter on Last Man
>Standing, she was genuinely excited to have nailed the old-fashioned
>audition process, and to be working alongside Tim Allen. Little did
>she know joining the ABC sitcom would cause a huge fan backlash.

How "huge" can the backlash be? A minor character on a tepid sitcom that
barely has enough audience to get renewed. Big whoop.

Obveeus

Dec 2, 2012, 2:55:11 PM12/2/12
Me too. Baby Conner was a bad character/plot in his own right, but the
thinly-veiled 'replacement' Connor was a big negative for ANGEL's quality
going forward.

Ian J. Ball

Dec 2, 2012, 3:14:07 PM12/2/12
In article <rlbnb8t18n7f7qoe0...@4ax.com>,
Mason Barge <mason...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 01 Dec 2012 20:47:50 -0800, "Ian J. Ball"
> <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:
> >In article <k9ejq6$phq$1...@dont-email.me>,
> > "icebreaker" <icebr...@anywherebuthere.com> wrote:
> >> "TMC" <tmc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> A joke in the last ep had Mandy commenting that everyone thinks Kristen is
> >> Mandy's mother. Fuller just looks out of place and too old compared to
> >> Krosney's Original Kristen. And the kid's douche father is totally
> >> unnecessary to the show. He's a big distraction imo. I'll bet the Suits
> >> hate to be criticized by the fan base for their retools.
> >> They always know best.
> >
> >There's an important lesson to be learned from this (an important lesson
> >that will of course be ignored by future network goons (not that such
> >people will be around that much longer anyway)...):
> >
> >If you (and, by "you", I mean a TV showrunner or a network goon) hate
> >one of your stars (for whatever reason), but the audience loves them,
>
> Pfft. Not very many people "loved" the old star. This is a tempest in a
> teapot.
>
> They both suck, really. But they should have gotten someone better as the
> replacement.

Well, a couple of points, here:

1) You hate EVERYTHING, so really there's was pretty much nothing that
was going to please you here.

2) You conveniently edited out the part of my post that *directly* dealt
with your point:

> Anyway, while Krosney wasn't loved, she wasn't hated by the audience
> either - in this case, they either should have just killed Kristin off,
> or contrived some way to write her out of the show (e.g. send Kristin to
> Africa as an aid worker, or something, like "Degrassi" did with Darcy
> Edwards).

Now, obviously you don't care, 'cos you hate everything.

But many people do care - I, for one, stopped watching when I found out
Krosney was fired; and I gather others around here have stopped watching
now that they've seen the new girl (and her storylines).

So, while you may not think it's relevant/important, it clearly *is*
relevant and important to LMS, a series that now almost certainly won't
see a 3rd season, thanks to the fallout from this mess...

Ian (...which, as long as it takes Reba's new show out with it, is an
A-OK outcome for me... [evil smirk] )

Mason Barge

Dec 3, 2012, 10:51:59 AM12/3/12
On Sun, 02 Dec 2012 12:14:07 -0800, "Ian J. Ball"
I do not. In fact, on this very show, I think the youngest daughter is
great. So there, Senor Negativity Pants!

>2) You conveniently edited out the part of my post that *directly* dealt
>with your point:
>> Anyway, while Krosney wasn't loved, she wasn't hated by the audience
>> either - in this case, they either should have just killed Kristin off,
>> or contrived some way to write her out of the show (e.g. send Kristin to
>> Africa as an aid worker, or something, like "Degrassi" did with Darcy
>> Edwards).
>
>Now, obviously you don't care, 'cos you hate everything.
>
>But many people do care - I, for one, stopped watching when I found out
>Krosney was fired; and I gather others around here have stopped watching
>now that they've seen the new girl (and her storylines).

Well, it had exactly zero impact on me and other rational beings.

>So, while you may not think it's relevant/important, it clearly *is*
>relevant and important to LMS, a series that now almost certainly won't
>see a 3rd season, thanks to the fallout from this mess...
>

>Ian (...which, as long as it takes Reba's new show out with it, is an
>A-OK outcome for me... [evil smirk] )

We agree on that, although it's so bad I don't think we have to worry.
Although whatever replaces it will be just as bad.

hanc...@bbs.cpcn.com

Dec 3, 2012, 1:18:38 PM12/3/12
On Dec 2, 3:14 pm, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball-NO_S...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> But many people do care - I, for one, stopped watching when I found out
> Krosney was fired; and I gather others around here have stopped watching
> now that they've seen the new girl (and her storylines).

What were the ratings before and after the character change?

Unfortunately, making a comparison is difficult on account of this
season's late start. Also, other changes were made, too, such as the
aging of the grandson, greater role of the boyfriend, and replacement
of the boyfriend and a change in his character (a liberal Mike Stivic
to clash against Tim Allen's Archie Bunker).

In addition, it seems the daughter will have a greater role than last
year. last she she seemed more incidental to the show, as a source
for jokes to/from the other two daughters or her father. This year,
her own life is much more of a focus, such as the argument her
boyfriend had in the last episode about getting out and having fun.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

crys...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2014, 10:30:28 AM9/4/14
On Saturday, December 1, 2012 5:57:27 PM UTC-8, Terrence Clay wrote:
> http://tvguide.ca/TVNews/Articles/121130_last_man_AD.htm
>

> By Amber Dowling
>

> 2012-11-29

I like Amanda fuller as Kristin. Her character seems a bit older. not as high-schooley as the first Kristin. Plus she's got some nice tail to look at.

> 'Last Man Standing' replacement overwhelmed by mean people

atho...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2015, 7:11:41 PM6/4/15
Bad choice. I liked Alexandra more, a lot more, better and funnier.

jop...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2016, 11:04:05 PM3/28/16
On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 7:11:41 PM UTC-4, atho...@gmail.com wrote:
> Bad choice. I liked Alexandra more, a lot more, better and funnier.

AGREED!

lindab...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2016, 9:07:51 PM4/10/16

lindab...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2016, 9:15:42 PM4/10/16
You go, Amanda. I think you are perfect in this role. Your sweetness is a nice interaction to Mandy's self involved nature and Eve's tomboy statements. I so appreciate your innate tolerance to Mike's laconic treatment of Baby Daddy Ryan.

kcam...@sbcglobal.net

Jul 8, 2016, 9:03:55 PM7/8/16
On Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 8:57:27 PM UTC-5, Terrence Clay wrote:
I don't watch it to see Fuller.The chemistry of the three daughters is no longer there. The first time we see Fuller and Ryan I almost quit watching the show. All of a sudden Tims character is confronted with a daughter that is more left leaning than Hillary. Also every time that we see her she seems to be gaining more and more weight.I hope it's because she's pregnant.

johnbr...@gmail.com

Aug 15, 2016, 9:16:12 PM8/15/16
You were so right about it not getting a 3rd season

ryank...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2016, 4:06:40 PM10/3/16
In light of them changing out roles of characters that didn't need changed in the first place all my family and friends will no longer be watching the show due to the poor re casting of characters in the show which made the show worse with the new cast so thank you for ruining a show all my family and friends will never watch again!!!!!!

colleenf...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2016, 9:39:35 PM12/9/16
I came to the show after the recasting and I love Amanda Fuller. I have since seen re-run of the

colleenf...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2016, 9:41:31 PM12/9/16
I love Amanda Fuller and think she is a much better actress and brings more personality to the show!

camaro...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2017, 9:19:04 PM3/31/17
Amanda fuller has turned into a blimp. Her character has become nasty and narcissistic. Love the show, don't like her character and her stupid husband. Wish the writers would do sonething about it. It is detrimental to the shoe.

prost...@aol.com

Jun 17, 2017, 5:33:46 PM6/17/17

prost...@aol.com

Jun 17, 2017, 5:37:29 PM6/17/17
what a huge mistake the producers made by hiring such a no talent as Amanda Fuller...and i do mean FULL...shes a cow! and the character she plays is not what a typical family would put with. She and her loser of a boyfriend would have been kicked out immediately...end of story.

Ian J. Ball

Jun 17, 2017, 10:55:00 PM6/17/17
I wouldn't know - I never watched the show again after they canned Krosney.

Ian (Unfortunately, it looks like that, and then getting replaced on
that TV pilot afterwards, were fatal to her career... :( )

--
"His compassion killed him." - Dr. Sabine Lommers, in

Ian J. Ball

Jun 17, 2017, 10:56:45 PM6/17/17
On 2017-06-18 02:54:56 +0000, Ian J. Ball said:

> On 2017-06-17 21:37:24 +0000, prost...@aol.com said:
>
>> On Saturday, 1 December 2012 20:57:27 UTC-5, Terrence Clay wrote:
>>> http://tvguide.ca/TVNews/Articles/121130_last_man_AD.htm
>>>
>>> By Amber Dowling
>>>
>>> 2012-11-29
>>>
>>> ‘Last Man Standing’ replacement overwhelmed by mean people
>>>
>>> When Amanda Fuller took the job as Kristin Baxter on Last Man
>>> Standing, she was genuinely excited to have nailed the old-fashioned
>>> audition process, and to be working alongside Tim Allen. Little did
>>> she know joining the ABC sitcom would cause a huge fan backlash.
>>>
>>> “I have to be honest, it hasn’t been easy,” the 28-year-old tells TV
>>> Guide Canada. “I wasn’t expecting people to embrace me right away, but
>>> it’s weird because social media gives people an outlet to say whatever
>>> they want, honestly.”
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> http://www.facebook.com/BringBackAlexandraKrosney?ref=ts&fref=ts
>>
>> what a huge mistake the producers made by hiring such a no talent as
>> Amanda Fuller...and i do mean FULL...shes a cow! and the character she
>> plays is not what a typical family would put with. She and her loser of
>> a boyfriend would have been kicked out immediately...end of story.
>
> I wouldn't know - I never watched the show again after they canned Krosney.
>

> Ian (Unfortunately, it looks like that, and then getting replaced on
> that TV pilot afterwards, were fatal to her career... :( )

Oh, Gawd! It was "iZombie"!! - Krosney was replaced by Aly Michalka on
"iZombie"!

anim8rfsk

Jun 17, 2017, 11:24:01 PM6/17/17
In article <oi4puf$al2$1...@dont-email.me>,
Mmmm, Aly ...

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 18, 2017, 1:06:09 AM6/18/17
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
Did Aly have a shower scene?

Why am I asking Ian?

Ian J. Ball

Jun 18, 2017, 12:41:01 PM6/18/17
If you want that, you'll need to watch "The Roommate" (but you'll be
denied the nudity... :( ).

anim8rfsk

Jun 18, 2017, 1:26:50 PM6/18/17
In article <oi6a80$ela$2...@dont-email.me>,
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2017-06-18 05:02:27 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:
>
> > Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> >> Oh, Gawd! It was "iZombie"!! - Krosney was replaced by Aly Michalka on
> >> "iZombie"!
> >
> > Did Aly have a shower scene?
> >
> > Why am I asking Ian?
>
> If you want that, you'll need to watch "The Roommate" (but you'll be
> denied the nudity... :( ).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1265990/parentalguide

Parents Guide for
The Roommate (2011/I) More at IMDbPro »

The content of this page was created directly by users and has not been
screened or verified by IMDb staff.
Since the beliefs that parents want to instill in their children can
vary greatly, we ask that, instead of adding your personal opinions
about what is right or wrong in a film, you use this feature to help
parents make informed viewing decisions by describing the facts of
relevant scenes in the title for each one of the different categories:
Sex and Nudity, Violence and Gore, Profanity, Alcohol/Drugs/Smoking, and
Frightening/Intense Scenes.
View MPAA rating and/or certification information
Visit our Parents Guide Help to learn more
Unable to edit? Request access
Parents GuideWatch

Sex & Nudity
A young man and a young woman kiss passionately, they enter the young
man's room, she removes his shirt (his bare chest and back are seen),
they continue to kiss. All the while, the scene is flipping back to the
Roommate, talking seductive with heavy breathing, presumingly
masturbating, to the young woman's ex-boyfriend on the phone--all we see
is her head and shoulders as she is laying in the bed.

Rebecca enters the room of a man who is sleeping in bed (we see his bare
chest), she removes her clothing down to her underwear in deep shadow
(we see a dark silhouette with no anatomical detail). She kisses his
neck, he turns over and she climbs on top of him. No kissing or
sexuality.

Rebecca enters a married professor's office and speaks to him in a
suggestive manner, he kisses her, she pushes him away and yells, he
kisses her again and she screams repeatedly. An older and married
professor kisses one of his students and she rebuffs him.

A man approaches Rebecca filling her car with gas, he touches her hand
and then her face and tries to flirt with her A woman and Rebecca flirt
and kiss passionately and agree to leave a club together. A young man
and a young woman kiss in several scenes.

A young woman dances at a club and tells her friend to "watch this guy
hit on me" when a man approaches and they dance together (it is implied
that they leave together). A young man tells a young woman that he will
be on kitchen duty if he doesn't get her up to his room (they are at a
fraternity party; nothing else happens). A young woman says of herself
and two other young women, "We're hot." A young woman says a young man
is "really hot."

A woman is at a party and gets everyones attention then lifts her top
but nothing is revealed.

A woman is seen in her bra and underwear in two scenes.

A woman is taking a shower and her bare back is revealed down to her
butt nothing shown and then the camera angle goes to her bare belly and
cuts nothing shown in private area.

Two women kiss in the bathroom of a nightclub.
Violence & Gore
A young woman straddles a man in a bed and stabs him twice: we hear the
knife cutting him and he takes a last breath (no blood is visible). A
young woman is stabbed in the back with a utility knife (we hear the
crunch and she falls to the floor; no blood is visible).

A young woman threatens to shoot her, another young woman tries to stop
her, she is struck in the face with the gun (we see blood in her mouth)
and the two young women fight with punches and breaking objects over
each other's heads.

A young woman is attacked in a shower, she is pushed to the floor and
held down while her attacker threatens to kill her and rips her belly
button piercing out (she screams but no blood is evident).

A young woman punches herself in the face several times, we see large
bruises on her arm and leg and she cuts her abdomen with a utility knife
(we see the knife pressing against the skin, we hear her scream and we
later see her with a blood-stained shirt and a bloody cut on her
stomach).

A young woman chokes another young woman nearly to unconsciousness. A
young woman falls from a window ledge and dangles from curtains outside
the window; she is pulled up by a young man, who is struck on the head
and falls unconscious, dropping the young woman (she is pulled back
inside by someone else). A young woman with a gun is punched in the face
and falls unconscious. A young woman pulls the trigger of a gun several
times while pointing it at another young woman (no bullets discharge).

After being approached by a man that tries to flirt with her at a gas
station a young woman sprays him with gasoline, then lights a lighter
(the man runs away and the young woman extinguishes the flame). After
being kissed by a married professor, a young woman knees him in the
crotch (he falls to the floor and spits and moans) and he offers to pay
her to keep quiet.

A kitten is put in a clothes dryer; it is implied that the machine is
turned on and the kitten is killed, but we do not see the act.

A young woman walks though a dark apartment and finds a woman tied to a
bed and gagged and another young woman with a gun that threatens to
shoot them both.

A young woman pierces her own ear with an earring (she winces and we see
the point poking through the flesh on her earlobe; no blood is visible).
A young woman gets a tattoo (we do not see the act) and we see reddened
skin on her upper chest.

While showering a young woman is frightened when the light goes off; she
goes to investigate and she is startled by another shower being turned
on when no one is there. A young woman startles another young woman and
then glares at her in a threatening manner. A young woman follows
another young woman and watches her in several scenes. A young woman
follows a young man and watches him in several scenes.

A young woman talks about her older sister having died in several scenes.

A young woman angrily cuts up the arm of a chair with a utility knife.

A young woman covers her mouth with her hand and runs out of a room (we
understand that she is vomiting but nothing is heard or seen).
Profanity
- 4 sexual references, 2 anatomical terms, , name-calling (psycho,
freak, moron, stupid, weird), 3 religious exclamations, and several uses
of the S-word
Alcohol/Drugs/Smoking
- We see a prescription vial of Zyprexa and we are told that it is
prescribed for bi-polar disorder. College age people are shown drinking
punch (we hear that it is laced with alcohol) and beer at a fraternity
party, people are shown drinking alcohol in a few club scenes, and two
women drink alcohol.
Frightening/Intense Scenes
The movie is very intense. The roommate is very insane and has scary
ways of dealing with things. You would normally see her stalking the
other roommate or being in the backround standing watching and waiting.

She gives people a mental scare when she stares with an angry look.

There is one scene where a tied up girl bursts out of the covers of a
bed and screams. It is startling and may make you jump.

The scene where a kitten is implied to be killed is bothersome.

also be sure to check out 'plot keywords' including
dead cat
cat killer
death of cat
animal abuse (non graphic)
kitten
as well as 'gasoline'

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1265990/keywords?ref_=tt_stry_kw

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 18, 2017, 2:05:27 PM6/18/17
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>On 2017-06-18 05:02:27 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:
>>Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>>Oh, Gawd! It was "iZombie"!! - Krosney was replaced by Aly Michalka on
>>>"iZombie"!

>>Did Aly have a shower scene?

>>Why am I asking Ian?

>If you want that, you'll need to watch "The Roommate" (but you'll be
>denied the nudity... :( ).

I have that clip; I've never watched the rest of the movie. Regardless of
being unlikely to get a full frontal nude scene or full topless, her
body is so tight and so erotic, I'm happy.

I was hoping for at least a shower scene like that, but I guess there's
no reason to watch the episode.

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 18, 2017, 2:10:05 PM6/18/17
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1265990/parentalguide

>Parents Guide for
>The Roommate (2011/I)

>Sex & Nudity
>A young man and a young woman kiss passionately, they enter the young
>man's room, she removes his shirt (his bare chest and back are seen),
>they continue to kiss. All the while, the scene is flipping back to the
>Roommate, talking seductive with heavy breathing, presumingly
>masturbating, to the young woman's ex-boyfriend on the phone--all we see
>is her head and shoulders as she is laying in the bed.

Presumingly masturbating? Censors have such dirty minds...

>A woman is at a party and gets everyones attention then lifts her top
>but nothing is revealed.

That's not how flashing works!

>A woman is taking a shower and her bare back is revealed down to her
>butt nothing shown and then the camera angle goes to her bare belly and
>cuts nothing shown in private area.

That would be Aly's fabulous wet nekid body!

>A young woman is attacked in a shower, she is pushed to the floor and
>held down while her attacker threatens to kill her and rips her belly
>button piercing out (she screams but no blood is evident).

Ouch.

>A kitten is put in a clothes dryer; it is implied that the machine is
>turned on and the kitten is killed, but we do not see the act.

Kittycide?

anim8rfsk

Jun 18, 2017, 2:50:25 PM6/18/17
In article <oi6fev$qnr$5...@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

> anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>
> >http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1265990/parentalguide
>
> >Parents Guide for
> >The Roommate (2011/I)
>
> >Sex & Nudity
> >A young man and a young woman kiss passionately, they enter the young
> >man's room, she removes his shirt (his bare chest and back are seen),
> >they continue to kiss. All the while, the scene is flipping back to the
> >Roommate, talking seductive with heavy breathing, presumingly
> >masturbating, to the young woman's ex-boyfriend on the phone--all we see
> >is her head and shoulders as she is laying in the bed.
>
> Presumingly masturbating? Censors have such dirty minds...
>
> >A woman is at a party and gets everyones attention then lifts her top
> >but nothing is revealed.
>
> That's not how flashing works!
>
> >A woman is taking a shower and her bare back is revealed down to her
> >butt nothing shown and then the camera angle goes to her bare belly and
> >cuts nothing shown in private area.
>
> That would be Aly's fabulous wet nekid body!

But not her fabulous wet nekkid private area.

> >A young woman is attacked in a shower, she is pushed to the floor and
> >held down while her attacker threatens to kill her and rips her belly
> >button piercing out (she screams but no blood is evident).
>
> Ouch.
>
> >A kitten is put in a clothes dryer; it is implied that the machine is
> >turned on and the kitten is killed, but we do not see the act.
>
> Kittycide?

And that seems to be the thing most people complain about.

A Friend

Jun 18, 2017, 3:27:07 PM6/18/17
In article <oi6f6a$qnr$4...@dont-email.me>, Adam H. Kerman
Google Imaging "Aly Michalka nude" turns up some interesting stuff, but
for the life of me she looks like one of those women who want to be
your Ukrainian bride.

anim8rfsk

Jun 18, 2017, 3:31:18 PM6/18/17
In article <180620171526587160%no...@noway.com>,
I'd fill her future!

> for the life of me she looks like one of those women who want to be
> your Ukrainian bride.

But not in the bad way.

nanm...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2017, 9:59:27 AM9/8/17
On Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 8:57:27 PM UTC-5, Terrence Clay wrote:
> http://tvguide.ca/TVNews/Articles/121130_last_man_AD.htm
>
> By Amber Dowling
>
> 2012-11-29
>
> ‘Last Man Standing’ replacement overwhelmed by mean people
>
> When Amanda Fuller took the job as Kristin Baxter on Last Man
> Standing, she was genuinely excited to have nailed the old-fashioned
> audition process, and to be working alongside Tim Allen. Little did
> she know joining the ABC sitcom would cause a huge fan backlash.
>
> “I have to be honest, it hasn’t been easy,” the 28-year-old tells TV
> Guide Canada. “I wasn’t expecting people to embrace me right away, but
> it’s weird because social media gives people an outlet to say whatever
> they want, honestly.”

nanm...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2017, 10:02:43 AM9/8/17
I feel that the orginal oldest daughter was too young looking to be the older sister. But Amanda Fuller is not who I would have selected, she has an unlikeable presence and personality, I just don't appreciate her acting and I think the rest of the cast is great especially Nancy Travis!