What Did You Watch? 2012-02-01 (Wednesday)

Ubiquitous

Feb 2, 2012, 5:01:18 AM2/2/12
I watched:

THE O'REILLY FACTOR:
• Fallout from Florida! Romney won sunshine state voters, but what will
the results mean for the GOP race going forward.
• Sarah Palin enters the "No Spin Zone"

THE BOB NEWHART SHOW:
"The Slammer". Bob and his college friend are arrested for solicitation
after trying to buy tickets to a basketball game from two women.

THAT GIRL:
"To Each Her Own". After discovering her loser boyfriend is doing a
story on computer dating services with her as the guide, Marlo decides
to try it herself. Hey! it's "the doctor" from The Love Boat, Ruth
Buzzi, and Rich Little! Too bad she didn't ditch her drip of a boyfriend
for Rich Little.

THE CHALLENGE: BATTLE OF THE EXES:
This was the second ep of the latest RW/RR Challenge in which they pair
up people who used to date each other. This of course, is kinda
meaningless since a mapping of who has done who would practically make a
K-map, Anyhow, I lost interst after 15 minutes when someone got kicked
off the show for amacking someone or something and they ended with a
commercial break before revealing the fate of his team mate. They're
only playing the second ep after premiering the first week in January?

What did you watch?

--
"If Barack Obama isn't careful, he will become the Jimmy Carter of the
21st century."

Stephen Newport

Feb 2, 2012, 6:45:05 AM2/2/12
THE O'REILLY FACTOR:
• Sarah Palin enters the "No Spin Zone"
SN: But, but- this is on Fox, right?

Obveeus

Feb 2, 2012, 8:03:57 AM2/2/12

"Ubiquitous" <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> What did you watch?

WHITNEY: Alex thinks that Whitney is being pursued by a coworker. I'm
guessing that the coworker is gay. Alex and Whitney see a therapist (John
Cleese) who wants the couple to spend quality time together without sex.
All in all, Whitney seem more and more like a prude every episode. I didn't
like the 'outtake'/'adlib'/whatever at the end with Cleese.

Ian J. Ball

Feb 2, 2012, 8:41:42 AM2/2/12
In article <jgdmvp$jms$1...@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> What did you watch?

Very little:

House of Anubis (NICK) - This was a strange (pair of) episode(s): Mara
was barely in it (and I don't think she got a speaking line), and even
Nina wasn't in it much. It was mostly focused on troublemaking Jerome
(but still no Poopy... :( ), and sassy Patricia. Anyway, there was
almost no movement on any plot-front except that more people are getting
suspicious of the new evol housemistress, Vera.

Last Man Standing (recorded) - These were both reruns.
The first episode was the Halloween episode, which I thought was
pretty weak (though I did very much appreciate Mandy's sexy 'kitty'
costume).
The second episode, in which Mike lays down some 'house rules' after
he catches the dumb coworker kid (Kyle) in Kristin's room in the
morning. This episode was quite funny as all of the women, esp. Kristin
and Eve (who was having her first period) were 'buggin' out' on poor
Mike. LOL. :)

Suburgatory - The rerun of the Halloween episode. For my money, this may
actually be the weakest "Suburgatory" episode - the plot doesn't even
make sense... :/

Recorded for later: H2O, One Tree Hill, Revenge (rerun), and The Soup (I
think I've got 4 of these to go through now!... :/ ).

--
"We're gonna need a lot of therapy." - the character Rachel in "Bunnyman"
(named 1 of the 5 Worst Horror Films of 2011 by 28DaysLaterAnalysis.com!!)

Windowwasher

Feb 2, 2012, 9:31:32 AM2/2/12
One Tree Hill -- so neither of the babies died -- yet -- so I'm thinking
the spoilers were wrong and that either Dan or Nathan will be the one that's
under the sheet possibly from the drug dealer Dan threatened. Killing off a
baby, even accidentally, always seemed a bit too much to me. Julian is
racked with guilt. Brooke is having trouble forgiving. Chase wakes up with a
new lady (Chelsea Kane) who also happens to be Chris Keller's girlfriend and
the new OTH Café owner. She seems to have a thing for Chase. Surely. Alex
will return before this one ends. Mouth is in denial over his fatness until
Skills returns and sets him straight. Clay tells Quinn to get lost 'cause
he's afraid to tell her he's sleepwalking all the time and blacking out.
This is after Quinn confronts a drug dealer and gets a gun in the grill. He
commits himself to the hospital to get better. Dan threatens the drug dealer
after hearing about Quinn and the gun. Nathan is flying back from Europe,
but never arrives home.

Royal Pains -- Hank hurts his back and Van Dyke takes over his rounds. He
and Evan make a good team, but Evan soon learns why Hank isn't easily
replaced. Joanna Garcia pops in as the doc running an experimental lupus
program that Jack the Golfer enters. Divya is trying to sell some of the
family china she owns to raise money, but while on a housecall, it's stolen.
She and Jill give chase and end up having to treat and save the life of the
a**hole thief who broke the china in a crash during which he impales
himself.

Michael Black

Feb 2, 2012, 10:08:51 AM2/2/12
On Thu, 2 Feb 2012, Ubiquitous wrote:

> THAT GIRL:
> "To Each Her Own". After discovering her loser boyfriend is doing a
> story on computer dating services with her as the guide, Marlo decides
> to try it herself. Hey! it's "the doctor" from The Love Boat, Ruth
> Buzzi, and Rich Little! Too bad she didn't ditch her drip of a boyfriend
> for Rich Little.

That would be like buying a "Captain Action" doll, oops "action figure".
It was a standalone hero doll, but had the advantage that you could get
costumes for other superheroes and the like, so you could play all kinds
of games.

If she'd dated Rich Little, every night it would be a different man, with
Rich doing a different impression each night.

Don't forget, Bernie Koppell was "Siegfried" on "Get Smart". Both roles
are what he is so associated with, it does seem odd to see him in other
roles.

Michael

Michael Black

Feb 2, 2012, 10:10:39 AM2/2/12
I didn't really watch it this week. But last week, she was hitting on
Cathy Griffin. Not really, but acting it out to get some information.

Michael

Mason Barge

Feb 2, 2012, 10:55:57 AM2/2/12
On Thu, 02 Feb 2012 05:01:18 -0500, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

>I watched:
[...]
>THE CHALLENGE: BATTLE OF THE EXES:
>This was the second ep of the latest RW/RR Challenge in which they pair
>up people who used to date each other. This of course, is kinda
>meaningless since a mapping of who has done who would practically make a
>K-map, Anyhow, I lost interst after 15 minutes when someone got kicked
>off the show for amacking someone or something and they ended with a
>commercial break before revealing the fate of his team mate. They're
>only playing the second ep after premiering the first week in January?

I think this was the only new show I watched last night. I don't know
*why* I watch it. I feel like I need to take a shower afterwards.

It's odd, several people give me a hard time for watching "Dance Moms",
which is (IMHO) a pretty good show. But nobody says anything about
Challenge, which is pretty much crawling down into the muck of humanity.

I was glad that Leroy won the challenge, since he's about the only person
I actually like on the show.

Arthur Lipscomb

Feb 2, 2012, 10:58:59 AM2/2/12
On 2/2/2012 5:03 AM, Obveeus wrote:
> "Ubiquitous"<web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?

90210 (recorded) - Dixon gets framed for burning down a sorority house.
The stalker girl and Naomi throw a party. Bland episode.

Ringer (recorded) - already discussed.

American Idol - same as usual.

Betty White's 90th Birthday: A Tribute to America's Golden Girl
(recorded) - I fast forwarded through chunks of it but what I saw was
pretty good.

Goosebumps (recorded) "Awesome Ants" - A boy buys an ant farm and
overfeeds the ants causing them to grow to an unmanageable size. The
episode became increasingly surreal which bugged me a bit but by the end
it became clear there was a good reason for the surreal aspect of the
episode. I also spotted Catherine Disher playing the boys mother.

suzeeq

Feb 2, 2012, 11:04:03 AM2/2/12
Nothing, everything was a repeat last night! I don't watch all the shows
all the time normally, but the ones I would have watched showed episodes
I'd seen before. Except maybe CSI - I thought I'd seen it, but maybe
not, didn't watch the whole thing.
Message has been deleted

Obveeus

Feb 2, 2012, 1:59:39 PM2/2/12
Yes, the Kathy Griffin character is gay, but this week the co-worker that
Whitney might be getting pursued by was Kathy Griffin character's boss. No
hint of Kathy Griffin in this episode, so maybe she was just a one time
guest.

Michael Black

Feb 2, 2012, 7:26:15 PM2/2/12
That was more like a stream of conciousness, I wasn't thinking the "gay"
character this week was Kathy Griffin. I don't know what to think of it,
only that there was sort of a pattern between the two episodes.

Maybe they'll morph the show, drop some of the friends or even the
friends and husband, and have her at work. The show had been a home-based
sitcom, adding the office seems like they may be tryging to save the show
or something.

Michael

Obveeus

Feb 2, 2012, 8:21:40 PM2/2/12

"Michael Black" <et...@ncf.ca> wrote:

> That was more like a stream of conciousness, I wasn't thinking the "gay"
> character this week was Kathy Griffin. I don't know what to think of it,
> only that there was sort of a pattern between the two episodes.

In this case, the pattern was just my speculation (wild guess) based upon
the lead male's theory that this guy was hitting on his girlfriend (Whitney)
while at the same time being dodgy about producing his own supposed
girlfriend.

> Maybe they'll morph the show, drop some of the friends or even the
> friends and husband, and have her at work. The show had been a home-based
> sitcom, adding the office seems like they may be tryging to save the show
> or something.

Yes, the introduction of the office stuff does seem like a 're-tooling' job
on the show, but it isn't improving things at all.

Stephen Newport

Feb 3, 2012, 2:14:00 AM2/3/12
From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb) Betty White's 90th
Birthday: A Tribute to America's Golden Girl (recorded)
--------------------------------------
SN: 11th in the weekly TV Guide ratings.

http://community.webtv.net/NewportsRetro/SteveRhondasPetPics

David Barnett

Feb 3, 2012, 2:38:52 PM2/3/12
In article <jgec5a$k7m$2...@dont-email.me>, su...@imbris.com says...
<snip>
> > What did you watch?
>
> Nothing, everything was a repeat last night! I don't watch all the shows
> all the time normally, but the ones I would have watched showed episodes
> I'd seen before. Except maybe CSI - I thought I'd seen it, but maybe
> not, didn't watch the whole thing.

I'm too old to watch repeats.
Some years ago I started a computer diary of watched TV shows & Movies.
Quite extensive now.

The only problem is if I forget to enter something up.

--
David Barnett