Universal Creating Star Trek Land to Compete with Star Wars Land?

Ubiquitous

May 27, 2018, 6:43:07 PM5/27/18
Following Disney announcing the opening dates of Star Wars Galaxy's
Edge at Disney World in Orlando and Disneyland Park in Anaheim,
rumors have surfaced that Universe Studios Orlando is planning on
countering this with a bit of competition. According to the rumor,
Universal will be bringing a Star Trek section to their fourth park
that is currently being developed.

Not long after the Walt Disney Company purchased Lucasfilm, they
announced that their two American theme parks will be receiving
large sections based around the Star Wars franchise. It has taken
years for things to come along, but finally the opening dates have
been announced. Galaxy's Edge, which is the title of the Star Wars
section, will open in the summer of 2019 at Disneyland, and in the
fall of 2019 at Disney World. Many Disney parks already featured a
Star Wars ride, along with some small attractions featuring Disney
staff members dressed as Star Wars characters, but this new
expansion will be much more immersive and exciting for fans of the
Star Wars saga.

Clearly, this is going to attract a great number of people to Disney
World in 2019, which could take away from the people who would
regularly visit Universal Studios instead. A few years back,
Universal Studios fixed their struggle to attract fans while
competing with Disney World by adding two different Harry Potter-
themed sections to their parks. However, Disney's Galaxy's Edge may
bring that attention and popularity back to Disney, as the Star Wars
franchise is currently a lot more popular today than Harry Potter.

Adding a Star Trek-themed section to Universal Studios may not be
the perfect counter to Galaxy's Edge, as the Star Wars franchise is
much more prominent in pop culture than the Star Trek franchise, but
it's still an incredibly smart move. While the Star Trek section
won't have iconic characters like R2-D2 or Darth Vader, it will
still most likely have a similar aesthetic, being about space
adventures. Because of this, over time, many people wanting to go to
a theme park may see Universal's Star Trek section as equally
alluring as Disney's Galaxy's Edge.

Universal Studios previously featured a Star Trek attraction during
the 1980s called Star Trek Adventures. It was a live, on-stage show
that attracted quite a bit of popularity during its early years.
However, as the popularity of Star Trek declined more and more
throughout the decade, it was eventually replaced with a different
live show.

This rumor of a Star Trek-themed expansion to Universal Studios from
Disney and More is certainly great news for Star Trek fans. Because
of all the attention and fame that Star Wars gets, Star Trek
regularly gets swept under the rug and forgotten, despite having a
rather large fan base that has kept the franchise alive for over 50
years. Even if the Star Trek section at Universal Studios Orlando is
being made to directly compete with Disney World, it should still be
a fun attraction to visit, hopefully giving Star Trek fans the
option to board the Enterprise as they have always dreamed of doing.
One can only hope that this rumor turns out to be true.

RichA

May 28, 2018, 2:49:55 AM5/28/18
Better Star Trek than Star Wars whose alien cultures all appear to be Oriental or Arab in derivation.

Your Name

May 28, 2018, 3:24:32 AM5/28/18
On 2018-05-28 06:49:53 +0000, RichA said:

> Better Star Trek than Star Wars whose alien cultures all appear to be
> Oriental or Arab in derivation.

Wait. You mean the Romulans are "Asian American" and the Klingons
*aren't* "African American"?? ;-)

Dimensional Traveler

May 28, 2018, 12:45:29 PM5/28/18
The Klingons are Russians. Everyone knows that.

instinct are running screaming.

anim8rfsk

May 28, 2018, 1:18:09 PM5/28/18
In article <pehbn7$k6$1...@dont-email.me>,
Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

> On 5/28/2018 12:24 AM, Your Name wrote:
> > On 2018-05-28 06:49:53 +0000, RichA said:
> >>
> >> Better Star Trek than Star Wars whose alien cultures all appear to be
> >> Oriental or Arab in derivation.
> >
> > Wait. You mean the Romulans are "Asian American" and the Klingons
> > *aren't* "African American"??   ;-)
> >
> The Klingons are Russians. Everyone knows that.

When Voyager came out, somebody questioned the inclusion of a black
Vulcan, and a prototype SJW on the Trek boards had a completely mental
breakdown and started screaming

OF COURSE THERE ARE AFRICAN AMERICAN VULCANS AND MEXICAN AMERICAN
VULCANS AND ASIAN AMERICAN VULCANS!!!!!11!!1!!

Sigh.

Michael Dorn says the turtle head make-up was invented to disguise the
fact that Klingons are played by black actors, because Michael Dorn is
one of the stupidest people that ever lived.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

BTR1701

May 28, 2018, 1:50:59 PM5/28/18
In article <anim8rfsk-9A1C7...@news.easynews.com>,
We're going to kidnap you and take you to Star Trek Land and strap you
down on a biobed and let Crusher have her way with you.

anim8rfsk

May 28, 2018, 2:13:57 PM5/28/18
In article <atropos-4531EA...@news.giganews.com>,
Jesus. And we thought Adan was mean.

Dimensional Traveler

May 28, 2018, 5:00:46 PM5/28/18
On 5/28/2018 10:18 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <pehbn7$k6$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> Wait. You mean the Romulans are "Asian American" and the Klingons
>>> *aren't* "African American"??   ;-)
>>>
>> The Klingons are Russians. Everyone knows that.
>
> When Voyager came out, somebody questioned the inclusion of a black
> Vulcan, and a prototype SJW on the Trek boards had a completely mental
> breakdown and started screaming
>
> OF COURSE THERE ARE AFRICAN AMERICAN VULCANS AND MEXICAN AMERICAN
> VULCANS AND ASIAN AMERICAN VULCANS!!!!!11!!1!!

And why were you in that meeting?

Your Name

May 28, 2018, 5:06:55 PM5/28/18
On 2018-05-28 16:45:37 +0000, Dimensional Traveler said:
> On 5/28/2018 12:24 AM, Your Name wrote:
>> On 2018-05-28 06:49:53 +0000, RichA said:
>>>
>>> Better Star Trek than Star Wars whose alien cultures all appear to be
>>> Oriental or Arab in derivation.
>>
>> Wait. You mean the Romulans are "Asian American" and the Klingons
>> *aren't* "African American"??   ;-)
>
> The Klingons are Russians. Everyone knows that.

Nah, Chekov was the token Russian ... *EVERYONE* knows that! ;-)

Your Name

May 28, 2018, 5:10:14 PM5/28/18
On 2018-05-27 22:42:38 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> Following Disney announcing the opening dates of Star Wars Galaxy's
> Edge at Disney World in Orlando and Disneyland Park in Anaheim,
> rumors have surfaced that Universe Studios Orlando is planning on
> countering this with a bit of competition. According to the rumor,
> Universal will be bringing a Star Trek section to their fourth park
> that is currently being developed.
<snip>

I wouldn't worry about it. The way Disney is destroying the Star Wars
franchise, their "Star Wars Land" will be a hopeless mess, get tons of
negative reviews, and won't even last more than a few weeks before
being closed and replaced by something else.

Adam H. Kerman

May 28, 2018, 5:39:50 PM5/28/18
Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:
>On 5/28/2018 12:24 AM, Your Name wrote:
>>On 2018-05-28 06:49:53 +0000, RichA said:

>>>Better Star Trek than Star Wars whose alien cultures all appear to be
>>>Oriental or Arab in derivation.

>>Wait. You mean the Romulans are "Asian American" and the Klingons
>>*aren't* "African American"?? ;-)

>The Klingons are Russians. Everyone knows that.

In Mongol makeup!

Adam H. Kerman

May 28, 2018, 5:43:01 PM5/28/18
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

>>>Wait. You mean the Romulans are "Asian American" and the Klingons
>>>*aren't* "African American"?? ;-)

>>The Klingons are Russians. Everyone knows that.

>When Voyager came out, somebody questioned the inclusion of a black
>Vulcan, and a prototype SJW on the Trek boards had a completely mental
>breakdown and started screaming

>OF COURSE THERE ARE AFRICAN AMERICAN VULCANS AND MEXICAN AMERICAN
>VULCANS AND ASIAN AMERICAN VULCANS!!!!!11!!1!!

>Sigh.

There is an Africa, America, Mexico, and Asia on the planet Vulcan?

Adam H. Kerman

May 28, 2018, 5:45:27 PM5/28/18
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:
>>anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

>>>When Voyager came out, somebody questioned the inclusion of a black
>>>Vulcan, and a prototype SJW on the Trek boards had a completely mental
>>>breakdown and started screaming

>>>OF COURSE THERE ARE AFRICAN AMERICAN VULCANS AND MEXICAN AMERICAN
>>>VULCANS AND ASIAN AMERICAN VULCANS!!!!!11!!1!!

>>>Sigh.

>>>Michael Dorn says the turtle head make-up was invented to disguise the
>>>fact that Klingons are played by black actors, because Michael Dorn is
>>>one of the stupidest people that ever lived.

>>We're going to kidnap you and take you to Star Trek Land and strap you
>>down on a biobed and let Crusher have her way with you.

>Jesus. And we thought Adan was mean.

She's just a sweet Irish setter! She'll want to play fetch with you.

Neill Massello

May 28, 2018, 6:12:10 PM5/28/18
Your Name <Your...@YourISP.com> wrote:

> Wait. You mean the Romulans are "Asian American" and the Klingons
> *aren't* "African American"?? ;-)

The Romulans are Chinese, the Vulcans are Japanese, and the Klingons are
Mongols.

Ubiquitous

May 29, 2018, 4:29:58 PM5/29/18
anim...@cox.net wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

>> > Wait. You mean the Romulans are "Asian American" and the Klingons
>> > *aren't* "African American"??   ;-)
>> >
>> The Klingons are Russians. Everyone knows that.
>
>When Voyager came out, somebody questioned the inclusion of a black
>Vulcan, and a prototype SJW on the Trek boards had a completely mental
>breakdown and started screaming
>
>OF COURSE THERE ARE AFRICAN AMERICAN VULCANS AND MEXICAN AMERICAN
>VULCANS AND ASIAN AMERICAN VULCANS!!!!!11!!1!!
>
>Sigh.
>
>Michael Dorn says the turtle head make-up was invented to disguise the
>fact that Klingons are played by black actors, because Michael Dorn is
>one of the stupidest people that ever lived.

"But what about their funny lips?"
-- Frank Reynolds, IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA

https://youtu.be/-0L_oJMhcs0?t=80