What Did You Watch? 2014-06-23 (Monday)

Ubiquitous

Jun 24, 2014, 6:32:44 AM6/24/14
I watched:

RED EYE

MORAL OREL"
"The Lord's Greatest Gift". Orel believes that the dead people buried in
the town's graveyard are not appreciating God's best gift---life.

CHINA, IL:
The cartoon version of COMMUNITY. I'm not sure which came first, but
it's not very good either.

LUCY, DAUGHTER OF SATAN:
DJ Jesus attempts to break the record for holding for arms out for
three days and asks Lucy to make a commemorative dildo.

RICK AND MORTY:
"Something Ricked This Way Comes". Rick battles The Devil, who runs the
curio at which Summer works that gives cursed items, by opening a shop
next door that de-cursifies cursed items. Meanwhile, Jerry and Morty and
taken to Pluto after hearing Jerry insist that Pluto is still a planet
for a hero's welcome, but Morty discovers Pluto is actually shrinking
because they're mining out all of the Plutonium from the planet's core.

ADVENTURE TIME

REGULAR SHOW

THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ORANGE COUNTY:
Last week's newest ep with tweets thst are so tiny and flashed soq
quickly they cannot be read. I'm sure it's a Moot Point since they're
probably censored.

THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ORANGE COUNTY:
"Skunk in the Barnyard". Shannon confides in Tamra, only to discover
rumors are spreading about her marriage. Meanwhile, Lizzie finds herself
in the middle of Shannon and Heather's feud; Vicki and Brooks vacation
in Puerto Vallarta; and Tamra tries to teach Eddie about newborns with a
stupid robo-baby.

What did you watch?

--
So to recap:
Iraq is imploding

Obveeus

Jun 24, 2014, 7:35:32 AM6/24/14

On 6/24/2014 6:32 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

> What did you watch?

TEEN WOLF: The season premiere pretends that the adult cast doesn't
exist and instead just takes the four main teens, piles them into a
Jeep, and drives them into Mexico to set the stage for the new season.
There are hints, again, that being bitten by a werewolf doesn't make you
a werewolf, but rather makes you a supernatural 'something' depending on
your personality and such. They hinted at this before with Jackson
turning into a werelizard (Chimera or whatever it was called) and now
this season there are hints that werejaguars are in the mix. Nothing is
resolved for certain about whether or not becoming a werejaguar is a
state of mind or something that occurs through actual contact with
another werejaguar, though. if it is contact, then maybe the werecoyote
is already in trouble. Side note, I'm not feeling the werewolf/werefox
relationship, but I am digging the human/werecoyote relationship as they
played well off of each other. Styles really is the star of this series.

REV.: The latest episode unlocked on Hulu. Most of the time this
series shows the reverend as a bit happless, overwhelmed, and down on
his luck. This episode pushed it a bit further and made him a less
likeable human being as he does three different things that are
ill-suited for a properly good human being. I felt sorry for his wife
and his daughter and his congregation in this episode.

Ian J. Ball

Jun 24, 2014, 9:29:58 AM6/24/14
In article <lobk4b$i8r$1...@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> What did you watch?

Soccer: Mostly watched Mexico beat up on Croatia (the latter were lucky
they managed to score at all...). Also Brazil beat up on Cameroon, which
isn't much of accomplishment as Cameroon were one of the worst teams I
saw in the Tournament.
Once again, the morning games, which are the ones I really wanted to
watch, were the games I couldn't watch. :(

The Last Ship (recorded) - This was rather good, I thought, once you
look past some of necessary absurdities. (Heh - I'll laugh if in the
last episode of the series, it's revealed that this whole thing was an
elaborate practical joke played on the crew of this destroyer!! Heh...)
Anyway, this pilot was probably better than "Last Resort's". However,
it's worth nothing that "Last Resort's" pilot was the best episode they
ever put out (by far!), and it would be fair to assume that "The Last
Ship" may follow a similar pattern... :|

Falling Skies (recorded) - This, OTOH, I didn't like, *at all*.
A pretty terrible plot development, all around. The only plotline
that even half worked was Anne being on "the outside" continuing the
resistance. But putting everyone else "in camps", of various sorts, was
a really bad idea from a series storyline standpoint. I hope they put an
end to this soon... >:|

Mistresses (recorded) - Got interrupted by a call in the middle of this,
and still missed pretty much nothing. Basically, this episode had little
worth synopsizing, though I did like Harry (accurately!!) demolishing
Savi (Alyssa Milano), and I enjoyed Karen (Yunjin Kim) getting shot down
(hard!) for a date. He he he...

24 - A good episode, for once! I loved Jack... SPOILERS! SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!!... defenestrating Margo - didn't see it coming, but should
have expected it, being JACK!!!!11!! and all.
The problem is - now that the show has dispensed with it's 'A'
plotline, the rest of this season is going to be taken up with
wheel-spinning on its 'B' and 'C' storylines, which will be a lot less
compelling. They probably should have just ended this season here... :(

Recorded for later: Mistresses, Salem, Murder in the First, and
Longmire(!!! :D ).

--
"Wait! - You can set your GPS to "tacos"?!" - Shawn, to Gus, in
"The Break-Up", the series finale to "Psych" (03-26-14)

thinbluemime2

Jun 24, 2014, 10:26:20 AM6/24/14
On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 06:32:44 -0400, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> I watched:

> What did you watch?

'Longmire' Season 3, episode 4: 'In the Pines

Branch sets wood on fire, collects DNA. Cady not around. The rabbit died.

Vic does leg work on story of the week, "Kumbaya. My lord!, is that a 12
pack of rubbers?"

Boyscout Ferg has sexual encounter but remains virginal.

Vic reminisces about Gorsky and leg work in room 32.

Standing Bare wanders off reservation, Branch gives Standing Bare a ride.
Standing Bare has ants in his pants.

Walt flowcharts suspects in wife's murder. Ruby goes Rambo for revenge.

Mixed into this campy red herring episode were dangling story arcs
including:

1) Who shot JR Branch ?
2) Vic's man problems. Is a girl named Vic destined to find love with a
boy named Sioux?
3) Walt's wife killer. Will Injun Joe move-up on the flowchart storyboard?

--
This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not consent

anim8rFSK

Jun 24, 2014, 10:39:31 AM6/24/14
In article
<ijball-NO_SPAM-B67...@news.eternal-september.org>,
"Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> 24 - A good episode, for once! I loved Jack... SPOILERS! SPOILERS!
> SPOILERS!!... defenestrating Margo - didn't see it coming, but should
> have expected it, being JACK!!!!11!! and all.

I thought that was just wonderful. Peach24 objected.

> The problem is - now that the show has dispensed with it's 'A'
> plotline, the rest of this season is going to be taken up with
> wheel-spinning on its 'B' and 'C' storylines, which will be a lot less
> compelling. They probably should have just ended this season here... :(

Yes

--
Wait - are you saying that ClodReamer was wrong, or lying?

anim8rFSK

Jun 24, 2014, 10:40:54 AM6/24/14
In article <lobnq8$b3e$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> TEEN WOLF: The season premiere pretends that the adult cast doesn't
> exist and instead just takes the four main teens, piles them into a
> Jeep, and drives them into Mexico to set the stage for the new season.
> There are hints, again, that being bitten by a werewolf doesn't make you
> a werewolf, but rather makes you a supernatural 'something' depending on
> your personality and such. They hinted at this before with Jackson
> turning into a werelizard (Chimera or whatever it was called) and now
> this season there are hints that werejaguars are in the mix. Nothing is
> resolved for certain about whether or not becoming a werejaguar is a
> state of mind or something that occurs through actual contact with
> another werejaguar, though. if it is contact, then maybe the werecoyote
> is already in trouble. Side note, I'm not feeling the werewolf/werefox
> relationship, but I am digging the human/werecoyote relationship as they
> played well off of each other. Styles really is the star of this series.

this was the first time I watched this, and I was just setting the stage
for Jill Wagner. I didn't understand any of it, and thought the after
show was awful. Oh well.

Arthur Lipscomb

Jun 24, 2014, 10:41:47 AM6/24/14
On 6/24/2014 4:35 AM, Obveeus wrote:

> On 6/24/2014 6:32 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> TEEN WOLF: The season premiere pretends that the adult cast doesn't
> exist and instead just takes the four main teens, piles them into a
> Jeep, and drives them into Mexico to set the stage for the new season.
> There are hints, again, that being bitten by a werewolf doesn't make you
> a werewolf, but rather makes you a supernatural 'something' depending on
> your personality and such.

I never got that impression. Then again it's all fairly convoluted.

They hinted at this before with Jackson
> turning into a werelizard (Chimera or whatever it was called)

I thought they had a clear explanation for that. Just don't ask me what
it was.

and now
> this season there are hints that werejaguars are in the mix. Nothing is
> resolved for certain about whether or not becoming a werejaguar is a
> state of mind or something that occurs through actual contact with
> another werejaguar, though. if it is contact, then maybe the werecoyote
> is already in trouble. Side note, I'm not feeling the werewolf/werefox
> relationship, but I am digging the human/werecoyote relationship as they
> played well off of each other. Styles really is the star of this series.

I watched:

Major Crimes - "Frozen Assets" - I think this was supposed to be a
comedy or something. The team gets a call from a wannabe cop who wants
an investigation into the death of a dog who inherited a $20 million
estate and whose eccentric owner died of mysterious circumstances.

True Blood - "Jesus Gonna Be Here" - The seventh season kicks off and
the show is as convoluted as ever. I'm going to tough it out for the
final season but the show just isn't good any more.

Switched at Birth - "Like a Snowball Down a Mountain" - Bay's dad takes
it upon himself to reveal her private medical affairs. Meanwhile Emmett
learns his cyber-bully may be in love with him. This one was all over
the place.

Arthur Lipscomb

Jun 24, 2014, 10:44:58 AM6/24/14
On 6/24/2014 6:29 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> In article <lobk4b$i8r$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>

> The Last Ship (recorded) - This was rather good, I thought, once you
> look past some of necessary absurdities.

I agree.

(Heh - I'll laugh if in the
> last episode of the series, it's revealed that this whole thing was an
> elaborate practical joke played on the crew of this destroyer!! Heh...)
> Anyway, this pilot was probably better than "Last Resort's". However,
> it's worth nothing that "Last Resort's" pilot was the best episode they
> ever put out (by far!), and it would be fair to assume that "The Last
> Ship" may follow a similar pattern... :|

The upcoming previews looked a lot like The Last Resort. But I'm hoping
the quality holds.

> Falling Skies (recorded) - This, OTOH, I didn't like, *at all*.
> A pretty terrible plot development, all around. The only plotline
> that even half worked was Anne being on "the outside" continuing the
> resistance. But putting everyone else "in camps", of various sorts, was
> a really bad idea from a series storyline standpoint. I hope they put an
> end to this soon... >:|

I generally agree.

> 24 - A good episode, for once!

I have this saved for later. I just decided to watch Murder in the
First, first. But maybe I should watch this first.

icebreaker

Jun 24, 2014, 11:01:00 AM6/24/14
On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 07:35:32 -0400, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com> wrote:

>On 6/24/2014 6:32 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
>TEEN WOLF: The season premiere pretends that the adult cast doesn't
>exist and instead just takes the four main teens, piles them into a
>Jeep, and drives them into Mexico to set the stage for the new season.
>There are hints, again, that being bitten by a werewolf doesn't make you
>a werewolf, but rather makes you a supernatural 'something' depending on
>your personality and such. They hinted at this before with Jackson
>turning into a werelizard (Chimera or whatever it was called) and now
>this season there are hints that werejaguars are in the mix. Nothing is
>resolved for certain about whether or not becoming a werejaguar is a
>state of mind or something that occurs through actual contact with
>another werejaguar, though. if it is contact, then maybe the werecoyote
>is already in trouble. Side note, I'm not feeling the werewolf/werefox
>relationship, but I am digging the human/werecoyote relationship as they
>played well off of each other. Styles really is the star of this series.

Yeah he has been the star since episode 1. I also like the
relationship. I think it'll be fun. I wonder if Lydia will show some
jealousy at some point. Like like some new monsters, etc. this season.

I also saw:

Wolf Watch (MTV) -- Posey, O'Brien, and Roden were the guests along
with creator Davis. Musical guests were Jessie McCartney and the
family alt=pop band, Echo Smith. The gals from Faking it also showed
up.

Major Crimes (TNT) -- A lighthearted episode about a murdered dog that
leads to the murderer of his rich eccentric owner.

Murder in the First (TNT) -- Evidence continues to stack up against
Blunt. Everyone gets some romantic interest, some from more than one
gender. Mulligan slips her card to a battered barrista and then ends
up putting 5 square into the abuser later when she intervenes after
being called. I can't help but think the murderer will not be Blunt.
Am I being paranoid? :)

Switched at Birth (ABC Fam) -- Bay breaks Tank's heart. John
erroneously blames Tank for Bay's need for the Morning After pill.
Gotta feel for Tank although what happened is typical. Emmett's
beatdown guy is a closeted gay in love with him. Regina gets bent out
of shape that her boss has a gun even though he's licensed, nut after
a later encounter tries to find out how he went about it.

MasterChef (Fox) -- The top 2 from last week's challenge, Leslie and
Francis L. are team leaders for a wedding dinner challenge on the
beach. Leslie sucks as a team leader and is replaced by Francis B. The
Blue Team led by Francis L. is declared the winner. The judges berate
the Red Team the remainder of the episode, yet their comments during
the event were not at all unfavorable. At the Red Team challenge, the
judges set up Leslie by asking him which three he would select to
compete for elimination and he furthers shows what a mean person he is
in selecting the three that did the most during the challenge. The
judges then tell him it's a good thing he doesn't get to decide and
they do. Ramsey chooses Leslie, Graham selects Jordan, and Joe taps
Francis B. who took over for Leslie. The challenge is steak and
matchstick frites. Only Leslie cooks his steak medium rare. Francis
B's frites were a bit better than Jordan's so Jordan takes off his
apron.

23 (Fox) -- as most of us suspected last week, Heller wasn't standing
in the stadium. The fakeout almost works and the terrorists destroy
all but one drone that they target on a populated train station. Jack
takes out the trash through the window -- twice -- and guides the last
drone into the Thames. Much rejoicing until Jack gets a call fingering
Navarro as a baddie, but Navarro kills and escapes with theOverride
device. The big boss is of course (in the 24 world) Chloe's group
leader.

Rookie Blue (Global CA) -- Abg dhvgr nf tbbq nf zbfg bs gur cerivbhf
barf nf gur uhag vf ba sbe n zheqrere. Qenzn orgjrra Fjnerx naq Naql
nf uvf Qnq cbcf hc nf bar bs gur crbcyr gb or vagreivrjrq va cevfba.

icebreaker

Jun 24, 2014, 11:08:26 AM6/24/14
I forgot one:

Longmire (A&E) -- Branch investigates his own beating and creatively
proves the dead man may not be dead after all. Walt investigates a
murder among a wilderness group. Vic experiences more marital woes as
Gorski appears to be stalking her and taking pictures.

Obveeus

Jun 24, 2014, 11:29:47 AM6/24/14

On 6/24/2014 10:40 AM, anim8rFSK wrote:
> In article <lobnq8$b3e$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> TEEN WOLF: The season premiere pretends that the adult cast doesn't
>> exist and instead just takes the four main teens, piles them into a
>> Jeep, and drives them into Mexico to set the stage for the new season.

> this was the first time I watched this, and I was just setting the stage
> for Jill Wagner. I didn't understand any of it, and thought the after
> show was awful. Oh well.

Some background that may help:

1. The five teens were on the road trip to find a lost 'friend',
kidnapped from them last season.

2. The main character, Scott, (dark haired boy) is a werewolf and the
'leader of his pack'. He is a good guy, so he doesn;t go around making
more werewolves (which is why the Mexican werewolf hunter lady didn't
kill him, I guess.

3. The male sidekick, Styles, is often there for comedy relief. He was
the one trying to fix his Jeep. He is human. He has a budding
relationship starting with the female werecoyote.

4. The female, Lydia (played by Holland Roden who Ian apparently drools
for), who was being questioned about her 'powers' is a Banshee. As
such, she can scream for help...but in more useful terms, she can
sometimes sense things (especially if she touches an object associated
with an event or person).

5. The female, Malia, is a werecoyote. She went feral as a child and
so spent her formative years as a coyote living in the woods and has
only recently returned to human form/interaction...hence all the jokes
about her social skills improving (stuff like her talking about eating
someone before moving on).

6. The Asian looking female, Kira, (who, of course, is big on martial
arts) is possessed by some sort of Fox spirit and she has magical powers
over electricity. She is a more recent addition to the cast, brought in
to be Scott's new love interest as his old one was killed off last season.

7. The 'big reveal' at the end would mean nothing to you if you have
not watched previous seasons. Basically, the teens found the guy they
were looking for in Mexico...but he looks totally different, maybe 15-20
years younger than he was last season. No idea how/why that happened.

8. All the Mexico stuff and characters were new and probably one off
for this week's plotline.

9. The bounty hunter woman on the motorcycle (don't know her name but
she has scars all over her face) shows up from time to time to help or
oppose our protagonists depending on who is paying her that week.

10. The potential werejaguar, Kate, was part of the Argent family
(werewolf hunters). This family includes Scott's ex-girlfriend (who is
now dead), her crazy grandpa, a now dead mother, Kate, the crazy killer
aunt, and Chris, the father of the family who hunts werewolves, but only
bad ones.

As you may have guessed, this show has a lot of different things going
on...way more than can actually be kept track of, too, so if you feel
lost don't feel bad. Even having seen every episode, I frequently find
myself asking 'whatever happened with that' or 'where did that character
go' or 'who is this person again'?

Obveeus

Jun 24, 2014, 11:36:04 AM6/24/14

On 6/24/2014 10:41 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
> On 6/24/2014 4:35 AM, Obveeus wrote:
>>

>> On 6/24/2014 6:32 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> TEEN WOLF: The season premiere pretends that the adult cast doesn't
>> exist and instead just takes the four main teens, piles them into a
>> Jeep, and drives them into Mexico to set the stage for the new season.
>> There are hints, again, that being bitten by a werewolf doesn't make you
>> a werewolf, but rather makes you a supernatural 'something' depending on
>> your personality and such.
>
> I never got that impression. Then again it's all fairly convoluted.

The werelizard (or Kanima or whatever it was called) was started by a
werewolf bite but transformed into something other than a werewolf
because of the host's mental state. Now, in this latest episode, they
at least hinted that Kate Argent is a werejaguar...after being slashed
by a werewolf. Either she is a werejaguar because of her mental state
or because she did something to transform herself other than just being
slashed by a werewolf. It remains to be seen.

> They hinted at this before with Jackson
>> turning into a werelizard (Chimera or whatever it was called)
>
> I thought they had a clear explanation for that. Just don't ask me what
> it was.

I thought it was simply because he was mentally conflicted. I never did
quite understand why he had a 'master', though...or how crazy grandpa
figured out that a werelizard could be controlled to do his bidding.

anim8rFSK

Jun 24, 2014, 11:47:35 AM6/24/14
In article <loc5hf$g93$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:
Cho keeps a complete clip set of her work on youtube
She played Kiara on the Ninja ep of Castle
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/JNWByhJpFxo/hqdefault.jpg
Pru in PLL Bitches
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/KrNgHi6T4U8/mqdefault.jpg
but most importantly Gia in MegaPython vs Gatoroid.
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/2kAxIShwyUU/maxresdefault.jpg
And what does it tell us that my spell check thinks 'MegaPython' is a
real word?
Oh, yeah, here she is in a bikini
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_K99LdZOPvNw/TKpm2yQhBAI/AAAAAAAAAAw/K6_vH9nR9hk
/s1600/4777399a49555.jpg

> 7. The 'big reveal' at the end would mean nothing to you if you have
> not watched previous seasons. Basically, the teens found the guy they
> were looking for in Mexico...but he looks totally different, maybe 15-20
> years younger than he was last season. No idea how/why that happened.

lol

> 8. All the Mexico stuff and characters were new and probably one off
> for this week's plotline.
>
> 9. The bounty hunter woman on the motorcycle (don't know her name but
> she has scars all over her face) shows up from time to time to help or
> oppose our protagonists depending on who is paying her that week.

big slash scars across her neck that seem to glow ...

> 10. The potential werejaguar, Kate, was part of the Argent family
> (werewolf hunters). This family includes Scott's ex-girlfriend (who is
> now dead), her crazy grandpa, a now dead mother, Kate, the crazy killer
> aunt, and Chris, the father of the family who hunts werewolves, but only
> bad ones.
>
> As you may have guessed, this show has a lot of different things going
> on...way more than can actually be kept track of, too, so if you feel
> lost don't feel bad. Even having seen every episode, I frequently find
> myself asking 'whatever happened with that' or 'where did that character
> go' or 'who is this person again'?

Holy crap, and I thought Continuum was hard to follow!

So what was the ginormous claw stuck in the Jeep?

And, thanks for going above and beyond the call on that one.

Obveeus

Jun 24, 2014, 11:56:46 AM6/24/14
Most importantly? We need to have a discussion about your priorities in
life.

> http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/2kAxIShwyUU/maxresdefault.jpg

She looks a bit cropped in that picture.

> And what does it tell us that my spell check thinks 'MegaPython' is a
> real word?

Does it think that it is a real word or does it just bypass spell
checking on capitalized words?

> Oh, yeah, here she is in a bikini
> http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_K99LdZOPvNw/TKpm2yQhBAI/AAAAAAAAAAw/K6_vH9nR9hk
> /s1600/4777399a49555.jpg

Yuck to the pancake makeup. In any case, I think she is the least
interesting of all the women on TEEN WOLF.

>> 7. The 'big reveal' at the end would mean nothing to you if you have
>> not watched previous seasons. Basically, the teens found the guy they
>> were looking for in Mexico...but he looks totally different, maybe 15-20
>> years younger than he was last season. No idea how/why that happened.
>
> lol
>>
>> 8. All the Mexico stuff and characters were new and probably one off
>> for this week's plotline.
>>
>> 9. The bounty hunter woman on the motorcycle (don't know her name but
>> she has scars all over her face) shows up from time to time to help or
>> oppose our protagonists depending on who is paying her that week.
>
> big slash scars across her neck that seem to glow ...

Yes, I guess they are neck scars, not really face scars. She got those
being attacked by a group of werewolves a few seasons back.

>> 10. The potential werejaguar, Kate, was part of the Argent family
>> (werewolf hunters). This family includes Scott's ex-girlfriend (who is
>> now dead), her crazy grandpa, a now dead mother, Kate, the crazy killer
>> aunt, and Chris, the father of the family who hunts werewolves, but only
>> bad ones.
>>
>> As you may have guessed, this show has a lot of different things going
>> on...way more than can actually be kept track of, too, so if you feel
>> lost don't feel bad. Even having seen every episode, I frequently find
>> myself asking 'whatever happened with that' or 'where did that character
>> go' or 'who is this person again'?
>
> Holy crap, and I thought Continuum was hard to follow!

It was, but I stopped watching. ;-)

> So what was the ginormous claw stuck in the Jeep?

I think that was supposed to be the claw from a werejaguar, but it was
done so poorly that it didn't look like a cat claw at all.

> And, thanks for going above and beyond the call on that one.

No problem. As the new season starts up, it benefits me to refresh my
memory on some of this stuff.

anim8rFSK

Jun 24, 2014, 12:23:23 PM6/24/14
In article <loc740$t2n$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
pithon Pithon - nope, it flagged both of those
megaPython - it says that's okay
Megapython - it says that's wrong
MegaPython - it says that's okay
megapython - it says that's wrong
Obveeus - it says 'obveeus is wrong'

Hmm. Maybe it likes compounds of real words as long as one of them is
capitalized?

BigPython - okay
bigPython - okay
Bigpython - nope
bigpython - nope

Okay, that's a totally fucked up rule set. Compound words are okay as
long as both words are capitalized, or the second word is capitalized,
but not if the first word alone is capitalized??

Spiderman - good
SpiderMan - good
spiderman - good
spiderMan - good

Okay, it's got Spider-Man in it's dictionary, and it overrides the
previous rules, even when it's spelled wrong. Gah.

Obveeus

Jun 24, 2014, 3:23:37 PM6/24/14

On 6/24/2014 12:23 PM, anim8rFSK wrote:

> In article <loc740$t2n$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>> Does it think that it is a real word or does it just bypass spell
>> checking on capitalized words?
>
> pithon Pithon - nope, it flagged both of those
> megaPython - it says that's okay
> Megapython - it says that's wrong
> MegaPython - it says that's okay
> megapython - it says that's wrong

Except for the illogic of megaPython being ok, it at least makes sense.
I'd love to know who is adding the data to your spellchecker. I'm
certainly not ready to trust them with a real dictionary, though maybe
they could handle the Urban Dictionary.

> Obveeus - it says 'obveeus is wrong'

Perhaps even intentionally.

> Hmm. Maybe it likes compounds of real words as long as one of them is
> capitalized?
>
> BigPython - okay
> bigPython - okay
> Bigpython - nope
> bigpython - nope
>
> Okay, that's a totally fucked up rule set. Compound words are okay as
> long as both words are capitalized, or the second word is capitalized,
> but not if the first word alone is capitalized??

If that is the case, maybe the spellchecker was written by someone who
used to work at Apple? iPod, iPad, etc...

> Spiderman - good
> SpiderMan - good
> spiderman - good
> spiderMan - good
>
> Okay, it's got Spider-Man in it's dictionary, and it overrides the
> previous rules, even when it's spelled wrong. Gah.

In that case, it sounds like it is simply a spellchecker/reference that
has too lax a set of standards for adding new items to be added, much
like the Urban Dictionary.

anim8rFSK

Jun 24, 2014, 3:46:44 PM6/24/14
In article <locj7r$255$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:
I don't even have any idea where the spellchecker that MTNewsWatcher
uses comes from. I can tell it to ignore, learn, define, or guess, but
I have no idea if it shares learned words with anybody else.

Obveeus

Jun 24, 2014, 3:55:18 PM6/24/14

On 6/24/2014 3:46 PM, anim8rFSK wrote:

> I don't even have any idea where the spellchecker that MTNewsWatcher
> uses comes from. I can tell it to ignore, learn, define, or guess, but
> I have no idea if it shares learned words with anybody else.

You should misspell several dozen words and then click on the 'learn'
button for each of them. In a few weeks, we'll see if everyone else is
suddenly misspelling them as well. ;-)

anim8rFSK

Jun 24, 2014, 3:56:36 PM6/24/14
In article <locl37$g2k$3...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:
Hah. Can I add a bogus definition for 'decimate' while I'm at it?

Obveeus

Jun 24, 2014, 4:07:45 PM6/24/14
If it was the Urban Dictionary you could add whatever definition you
wanted, including:

decimate: the act of misusing a word so as to destroy all meaning.

anim8rFSK

Jun 24, 2014, 4:10:45 PM6/24/14
In article <loclqi$m6c$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
I like it!

But you need to shove 'literally' in there.

Obveeus

Jun 24, 2014, 5:32:02 PM6/24/14
Good point.

decimate: the act of misusing a word so as to literally destroy all
meaning.

anim8rFSK

Jun 24, 2014, 7:00:02 PM6/24/14
In article <locqok$rko$2...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
works for me

BTR1701

Jun 24, 2014, 11:24:23 PM6/24/14
In article <loc2n9$ov2$1...@dont-email.me>,
Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> True Blood - "Jesus Gonna Be Here" - The seventh season kicks off and
> the show is as convoluted as ever. I'm going to tough it out for the
> final season but the show just isn't good any more.

Not without Tara and Erik it won't be. I'm hoping those were just fake
outs and they'll be back soon enough.

David Barnett

Jun 24, 2014, 11:30:03 PM6/24/14
In article <lobk4b$i8r$1...@dont-email.me>,
web...@polaris.net says...

> What did you watch?

On Mon Jun 23 I watched:

THE MENTALIST: Grey Water
All the colors of the rainbow and then some in the titles.

CSI: Unshockable
An old episode which I had missed.

SILENT WITNESS: Coup de Grace (1), (2)
I like Emilia Fox, who was in Merlin.

ELEMENTARY: The Man With the Twisted Lip
I did not get the significance of the title,
but I are not 100% attentive with this show.

--
David Barnett

Hunter <>

Jun 25, 2014, 2:12:29 AM6/25/14
On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 06:29:58 -0700, "Ian J. Ball"
<ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

>In article <lobk4b$i8r$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>

>The Last Ship (recorded) - This was rather good, I thought, once you
>look past some of necessary absurdities. (Heh - I'll laugh if in the
>last episode of the series, it's revealed that this whole thing was an
>elaborate practical joke played on the crew of this destroyer!! Heh...)
> Anyway, this pilot was probably better than "Last Resort's". However,
>it's worth nothing that "Last Resort's" pilot was the best episode they
>ever put out (by far!), and it would be fair to assume that "The Last
>Ship" may follow a similar pattern... :|
----
That is an interesting coincidence. Too shows about a United States
Navy vessel having to go it alone for some reason both have "Last" in
their titles. :-)

>Falling Skies (recorded) - This, OTOH, I didn't like, *at all*.
> A pretty terrible plot development, all around. The only plotline
>that even half worked was Anne being on "the outside" continuing the
>resistance. But putting everyone else "in camps", of various sorts, was
>a really bad idea from a series storyline standpoint. I hope they put an
>end to this soon... >:|
----
Not fond of it either.

>24 - A good episode, for once! I loved Jack... SPOILERS! SPOILERS!
>SPOILERS!!... defenestrating Margo - didn't see it coming, but should
>have expected it, being JACK!!!!11!! and all.
----
I should've saw the old looping video feed trick but I was hoodwinked!
I was sure President Heller was dead. And yes Jack having her take the
fast way down is classic Jack. Of course the down side is there is no
chance for getting any intelligence from her.

> The problem is - now that the show has dispensed with it's 'A'
>plotline, the rest of this season is going to be taken up with
>wheel-spinning on its 'B' and 'C' storylines, which will be a lot less
>compelling. They probably should have just ended this season here... :(
----
I agree although the story of Chloe former hacker colleague who is
Navarro's contact is somewhat interesting.

------>Hunter

"No man in the wrong can stand up against
a fellow that's in the right and keeps on acomin'."

-----William J. McDonald
Captain, Texas Rangers from 1891 to 1907

Hunter <>

Jun 25, 2014, 10:33:38 AM6/25/14
On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 10:01:00 -0500, icebreaker
<icebr...@overthere.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 07:35:32 -0400, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com> wrote:
>

>>On 6/24/2014 6:32 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>

>Major Crimes (TNT) -- A lighthearted episode about a murdered dog that
>leads to the murderer of his rich eccentric owner.
----
And an nutty security guard.

>Murder in the First (TNT) -- Evidence continues to stack up against
>Blunt. Everyone gets some romantic interest, some from more than one
>gender. Mulligan slips her card to a battered barrista and then ends
>up putting 5 square into the abuser later when she intervenes after
>being called. I can't help but think the murderer will not be Blunt.
>Am I being paranoid? :)
----
No I am beginning to think it isn't him either.

>23 (Fox) -- as most of us suspected last week, Heller wasn't standing
>in the stadium.
----
Hoodwinked me, I though they were actually going to subvert
expectations for once. Should've known.

>The fakeout almost works and the terrorists destroy
>all but one drone that they target on a populated train station. Jack
>takes out the trash through the window -- twice --
----
The first time just like in the "Priceline" commercial where Shatner's
character climbs a wall.

> and guides the last
>drone into the Thames.
----
Actually it was the missile it launched he guided into the Themes. The
Drone landed safely somewhere after US took back control of it.

>Much rejoicing until Jack gets a call fingering
>Navarro as a baddie, but Navarro kills and escapes with theOverride
>device. The big boss is of course (in the 24 world) Chloe's group
>leader.
----
I don't think he is, albeit it is just him who claims to be a middle
man.

I hope we see more or Miriana (the black haired white woman in the
white blouse in the CIA operations station in England that seems to be
always in the background).

BTR1701

Jun 25, 2014, 12:46:17 PM6/25/14
In article <7ltkq954cb0q6mrqj...@4ax.com>,
She probably had very little interrogation value, as she was portrayed
as not being a part of any larger group. She was the head of her whole
organization, which was pretty much wiped out. And tossing her out the
window solved the whole issue of the Brits going easy on her-- as they
are wont to do with even the most barbaric animals-- or if turned over
to the Americans, it keeps some future Obama clone from releasing her in
return for her promise to be really, really good from now on.

She got what she deserved. Good for Jack.

anim8rFSK

Jun 25, 2014, 1:23:55 PM6/25/14

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 25, 2014, 3:13:55 PM6/25/14
BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:
>Hunter <<buffh...@my-deja.com>> wrote:
>>"Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>>24 - A good episode, for once! I loved Jack... SPOILERS! SPOILERS!
>>>SPOILERS!!... defenestrating Margo - didn't see it coming, but should
>>>have expected it, being JACK!!!!11!! and all.

>>I should've saw the old looping video feed trick but I was hoodwinked!
>>I was sure President Heller was dead. And yes Jack having her take the
>>fast way down is classic Jack. Of course the down side is there is no
>>chance for getting any intelligence from her.

>She probably had very little interrogation value, as she was portrayed
>as not being a part of any larger group. She was the head of her whole
>organization, which was pretty much wiped out. And tossing her out the
>window solved the whole issue of the Brits going easy on her-- as they
>are wont to do with even the most barbaric animals-- or if turned over
>to the Americans, it keeps some future Obama clone from releasing her in
>return for her promise to be really, really good from now on.

>She got what she deserved. Good for Jack.

I question the toss. They weren't high enough to insure death, so he
should have carefully dropped her on her head. Didn't Robert Preston say
you had to take a room above the sixth floor?

Hunter <>

Jun 25, 2014, 7:16:36 PM6/25/14
----
She should just divorce his ass already! However in this case he is
innocent since according to him those surveillance pictures were put
in his mail box anonymously and Vic said it was from Gorski since he
wrote "32" on the back, the number of the apartment where they had
their dangerous liaisons back in Philadelphia.

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 25, 2014, 8:00:14 PM6/25/14
Hunter <<buffh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>icebreaker <icebr...@overthere.com> wrote:

>>I forgot one:

>>Longmire (A&E) -- Branch investigates his own beating and creatively
>>proves the dead man may not be dead after all. Walt investigates a
>>murder among a wilderness group. Vic experiences more marital woes as
>>Gorski appears to be stalking her and taking pictures.

>She should just divorce his ass already! However in this case he is
>innocent since according to him those surveillance pictures were put
>in his mail box anonymously and Vic said it was from Gorski since he
>wrote "32" on the back, the number of the apartment where they had
>their dangerous liaisons back in Philadelphia.

Longmire isn't innocent. He was planning to act on his feelings in a
most clumsy way (that would have gotten him sued for harassment).

suzeeq

Jun 25, 2014, 8:26:12 PM6/25/14
I think he meant Vic's husband. He wasn't the one following Vic around.

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 25, 2014, 9:23:54 PM6/25/14
You think who meant Vic's husband? I don't know what that has to do with
my comment. Everybody assumed Gorski was stalking Vic again, everybody,
even though Vic pretended it wasn't.

Vic's husband confront Longmire assuming he wasn't innocent... and Longmire
wasn't innocent. He simply lacked an opportunity to act on his feelings,
but he thought he was going to sleep with Vic at the motel.
Message has been deleted

suzeeq

Jun 25, 2014, 11:58:59 PM6/25/14
Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> suzeeq <su...@imbris.com> wrote:
>> Adam H. Kerman wrote:

>>> Longmire isn't innocent. He was planning to act on his feelings in a
>>> most clumsy way (that would have gotten him sued for harassment).
>
>> I think he meant Vic's husband. He wasn't the one following Vic around.
>
> You think who meant Vic's husband? I don't know what that has to do with
> my comment. Everybody assumed Gorski was stalking Vic again, everybody,
> even though Vic pretended it wasn't.

I read what Hunter wrote as saying Vic's husband was innocent (of
following her and taking the pictures). Maybe I read it wrong. I don't
know who everybody is that assumed Gorski was stalking her - this
season. They thought they'd got rid of him last season.

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 26, 2014, 12:13:38 AM6/26/14
Right. Do terrible continuing plot elements on mediocre shows like this
ever really go away? Vic could kill Gorski, and his twin brother would
show up to resume stalking her.

I ignored hunter's comment because it was one of those hunter comments that
wasn't worth commenting on.

BTR1701

Jun 26, 2014, 3:07:36 AM6/26/14
In article <c11g6t...@mid.individual.net>,
Capricorne <capri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hunter wrote :
> I never knew anyone in my whole life named "Branch". Can you imagine
> being named Branch and living in Rochester N.Y.?

I can't imagine living in Rochester, NY.

Hunter <>

Jun 26, 2014, 9:14:01 AM6/26/14
On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 07:41:47 -0700, Arthur Lipscomb
<art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>On 6/24/2014 4:35 AM, Obveeus wrote:
>>

>> On 6/24/2014 6:32 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>>

>I watched:
>

>Major Crimes - "Frozen Assets" - I think this was supposed to be a
>comedy or something. The team gets a call from a wannabe cop who wants
>an investigation into the death of a dog who inherited a $20 million
>estate and whose eccentric owner died of mysterious circumstances.
----
"Major Crimes" and it predecessor "The Closer" always was a dramedy
but they did tone that down in "Major Crimes" and went for more
straight drama. But in this case they turned it back up with the
wannabe nutty cop, but he is nutty in a "good" way. If he was rich he
would be called "eccentric" like the Obama hating Queen Elizabeth I
looking widow who had her head frozen and left all of fortune (save
$,1000) to her Maltese...Falcon.

>True Blood - "Jesus Gonna Be Here" - The seventh season kicks off and
>the show is as convoluted as ever. I'm going to tough it out for the
>final season but the show just isn't good any more.
----
I just want to see Tara again.

sctvguy1

Jun 27, 2014, 11:12:52 AM6/27/14
On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 19:17:53 -0500, Hunter < wrote:

> She should just divorce his ass already! However in this case he is
> innocent since according to him those surveillance pictures were put in
> his mail box anonymously and Vic said it was from Gorski since he wrote
> "32" on the back, the number of the apartment where they had their
> dangerous liaisons back in Philadelphia.

If they follow the novels, Vic will divorce him and start having a sexual
relationship with Walt.

sctvguy1

Jun 27, 2014, 11:14:41 AM6/27/14
On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 22:52:14 -0400, Capricorne wrote:

> I never knew anyone in my whole life named "Branch". Can you imagine
> being named Branch and living in Rochester N.Y.?

I can't imagine anyone WANTING to even live in Rochester, N.Y.!

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 27, 2014, 4:09:57 PM6/27/14
Capricorne <capri...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I never knew anyone in my whole life named "Branch". Can you imagine
>being named Branch and living in Rochester N.Y.?

All these days later and NO ONE has provided the punch line. What is it?

Jim G.

Jun 28, 2014, 12:57:33 PM6/28/14
Hunter <<buffh...@my-deja.com>> sent the following on Thu, 26 Jun 2014
09:15:17 -0500:
> On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 07:41:47 -0700, Arthur Lipscomb
> >
> >True Blood - "Jesus Gonna Be Here" - The seventh season kicks off and
> >the show is as convoluted as ever. I'm going to tough it out for the
> >final season but the show just isn't good any more.
> ----
> I just want to see Tara again.

How'd that work out for you? :)

"Everyone is relevant to someone." -- Harold Finch, PERSON OF INTEREST

Dano

Jun 27, 2014, 1:00:12 PM6/27/14
"sctvguy1" wrote in message news:lok1p1$mu5$3...@dont-email.me...

I lived there for five years as a child. I remember it was fun for a kid.
Snow like you wouldn't believe. Great long and rolling hills for sledding a
five or ten minute walk away. There was also a cool river across the street
with Indian trails where you could find actual arrowheads...a waterfall
within walking distance. Decent zoo at the time too...or seemed so to me.

Just saying. Good memories for me. It's all in your perspective I suppose.
Buts it's often about where your family is for some of us. Ours was back in
the Boston area, so my dad took the first transfer back he could get.

Oh yeah...and Branch Rickey. Signed Jackie Robinson. In the Baseball Hall
of Fame. Maybe dad was a fan?

BTR1701

Jun 28, 2014, 4:34:23 PM6/28/14
In article <2gstq9psn426rn5u1...@4ax.com>,
Jim G. <jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hunter <<buffh...@my-deja.com>> sent the following on Thu, 26 Jun 2014
> 09:15:17 -0500:
> > On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 07:41:47 -0700, Arthur Lipscomb
> > >
> > >True Blood - "Jesus Gonna Be Here" - The seventh season kicks off and
> > >the show is as convoluted as ever. I'm going to tough it out for the
> > >final season but the show just isn't good any more.
> > ----
> > I just want to see Tara again.
>
> How'd that work out for you? :)

I'm mad as hell about that. I hope there's some kind of plot twist that
brings her back or this show just lost *major* points with me.

Jim G.

Jun 29, 2014, 4:32:27 PM6/29/14
BTR1701 sent the following on 6/28/2014 3:34 PM:
No fucking kidding. Who's gonna fucking handle all of the fucking
f-bombs now? Gimme a fucking break. Fuck.

BTR1701

Jun 30, 2014, 12:55:27 AM6/30/14
In article <lopt51$2hp$2...@dont-email.me>,
"Jim G." <jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:

> BTR1701 sent the following on 6/28/2014 3:34 PM:
> > In article <2gstq9psn426rn5u1...@4ax.com>,
> > Jim G. <jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >> Hunter <<buffh...@my-deja.com>> sent the following on Thu, 26 Jun 2014
> >> 09:15:17 -0500:

> >> How'd that work out for you? :)
> >
> > I'm mad as hell about that. I hope there's some kind of plot twist that
> > brings her back or this show just lost *major* points with me.
>
> No fucking kidding. Who's gonna fucking handle all of the fucking
> f-bombs now? Gimme a fucking break. Fuck.

I just fucking liked watching her fuck.

Jim G.

Jun 30, 2014, 1:55:18 PM6/30/14
BTR1701 sent the following on Sun, 29 Jun 2014 21:55:27 -0700:
Tara never interested me in that way. Jason's newest gal pal, OTOH...

BTR1701

Jun 30, 2014, 9:06:23 PM6/30/14
In article <ri83r917r7jehheqp...@4ax.com>,
There was something about Tara that I always found enticing. I don't
know if it was the character or just the actress. She's not anything
like my normal type, but she had a quality...