Today's premieres and other notes (Saturday, Feb. 15)

Robin Miller

Feb 15, 2020, 7:43:33 PM2/15/20

Up and Vanished [new] (7-9 pm, Oxygen)

Oxygen, the network for high-quality crime programming, will premiere a
full season of "Up and Vanished," based on the hit investigative podcast
of the same name with over 340 million downloads. The upcoming season
will focus on new cases of missing individuals, as Payne Lindsey and his
team of investigative podcasters search for answers to help the victims'
families gain a sense of closure. Each episode will feature a different
case of a missing person. New witnesses will be interviewed, and persons
of interest will be confronted as Payne and his team stop at nothing to
find the truth and try to unravel these mysterious disappearances.

The Thing About Harry (movie) (8 pm, Freeform)

The Thing About Harry" tells the story of high school enemies, uber-jock
Harry and out-and-proud Sam, who are forced to share a car ride to their
Missouri hometown for a friend's engagement party on Valentine's Day.
Things take a turn when Sam learns Harry has come out. Stuck spending
the night together in a roadside motel, Harry and Sam begin to develop a
deep friendship - with neither admitting a potential romance may be
brewing - leaving them wondering if one road trip could change the rest
of their lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO7wq5NwQ3s&feature=youtu.be

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/moviewatch/thing-about-harry/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11324534/

You Can't Take My Daughter (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Amy Thompson (Lyndsy Fonseca) is a vibrant law student in Charlotte who
is attacked and raped by Demetri (Hunter Burke), a friend of a friend
she met once. Discovering that she is pregnant from the rape, Amy makes
the difficult decision to keep her baby, despite the fact that Demetri
continues to stalk and harass her as she waits for the long-delayed
trial. She gives birth to a beautiful little girl and decides to flee
him and start over in Atlanta. Six years later, Demetri finds her and,
to her horror, sues her for custody of her daughter. Using her own legal
and investigative skills, Amy fights back.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11379280/

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/you-cant-take-my-daughter

The Secret Ingredient (movie) (9 pm, Hallmark Channel)

Small-town baker Kelly gets a big surprise when she is invited to
compete on a Valentine's Day baking show in New York City - and an even
bigger surprise when she runs into her ex-fiance. Stars Erin Cahill,
Brendan Penny and Maneet Chauhan.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11421396/

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/the-secret-ingredient

Cake Boss (season 15 premiere) (9 pm, Discovery Family Channel)

Tomorrow's advance notes

Her Secret Family Killer (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

On Sarah’s birthday, her best friend Victoria gives her a genetic
testing kit as a gift, so she can learn more about her family’s lineage.
But that night, Victoria is tragically killed. Weeks later, Sarah gets
on knock on her door, and it’s the police. As their homicide case ran
cold, they decided to run the killer’s DNA through the genetic testing
site’s database and there was a match: Sarah. It turns out that someone
related to Sarah killed her best friend… but who? Brooke Nevin, Diora
Baird, and Darin Brooks star.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10696018/ [originally "DNA Killer"]

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/her-secret-family-killer
https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/her-secret-family-killer

American Idol (season 18 premiere) (8 pm, ABC)

The competitive singing reality series hosted by Ryan Seacrest with Luke
Bryan, Katy Perry, and Lionel Richie as well as Bobby Bones returns for
the show's third season on ABC.

Outlander (season 5 premiere) (8 pm, Starz)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alZOUG-PmsE

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/outlander-2014/season-5

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (movie) (8 pm, AMC)

The acclaimed Breaking Bad sequel makes its cable debut after first
streaming on Netflix last year.

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/el-camino-a-breaking-bad-movie
[score 72]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9243946/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Camino:_A_Breaking_Bad_Movie

Washington [new] (8 pm, History Channel)

HISTORY’s six-hour, three-night miniseries event “Washington” will chip
away at the bronzed and marbled image of America’s first President and
bring to life the man whose name is known to all, but whose epic story
is understood by few. Narrated by Emmy award-winning actor Jeff Daniels
(“The Newsroom,” “Godless”) and executive produced by world-renowned
presidential historian and Pulitzer Prize®-winning bestselling author
Doris Kearns Goodwin, “Washington” will premiere over Presidents’ Day
weekend airing consecutively on Sunday, February 16, Monday, February 17
and Tuesday, February 18 at 8 pm ET/PT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0De5nj_E8Y

2020 American Rescue Dog Show (special) (8-10 pm, Hallmark
Channel)

Duncanville [new] (8:30 pm, Fox)

Taking over for Bless the Harts for the remainder of the current season
is another new animated comedy, this one from the Parks and Recreation
team of Amy Poehler and Mike Scully (along with Julie Thacker Scully,
who has worked on The Simpsons). It follows the adventures of a
"spectacularly average" 15-year-old boy named Duncan, voiced by Poehler.
Rashida Jones, Ty Burrell, and Wiz Khalifa fill out the main voice cast,
while the animation comes from Bento Box, the studio behind Fox's Bob’s
Burgers.

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/duncanville/season-1

Picture Perfect Mysteries: Dead Over Diamonds (movie) (9
pm, Hallmark M&M)

Photographer Allie and Detective Sam's investigation into a priceless
stolen necklace leads to danger and an unexpected death. Stars Alexa
PenaVega, Carlos PenaVega and Erik Estrada.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11686316/

https://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/picture-perfect-mysteries-dead-over-diamonds

Race for the White House (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, CNN)

Using rare archival footage, interviews, and stylized dramatizations,
each episode of the docuseries tells the story of one iconic campaign
for the Presidency of the United States.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/race-for-the-white-house/listings/

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist (time slot premiere) (9
pm, NBC)

The rare network show to start with a "Z," Zoey is a magical realist
drama from Austin Winsberg (Jake in Progress, The Sound of Music Live!)
and producer Paul Feig. Jane Levy stars as a "whip-smart" San
Francisco-based coder who suddenly gains the ability to hear the
thoughts and desires of people around her through—wait for it—song. Is
it a blessing? A curse? Well, that depends on how good the songs are.
Lauren Graham, Skylar Astin, Mary Steenburgen, Peter Gallagher, Alex
Newell, John Clarence Stewart, and Andrew Leeds fill out the cast.

The pilot episode, first broadcast on Jan. 7, repeats at 8 pm.

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/zoeys-extraordinary-playlist/season-1
[score 68]

War of the Worlds [new] (9 pm, Epix)

This eight-part adaptation of H.G. Wells's classic tale of alien
invasion transports the story to present-day Europe (and features aliens
from another galaxy rather than Mars). Gabriel Byrne, Elizabeth
McGovern, Léa Drucker, and Natasha Little head the cast. [Note that
although this version aired in Europe in 2019, it is different from (and
unrelated to) the BBC version that also aired in 2019.]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeYmeGyQKuM

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/war-of-the-worlds-2020/season-1

Slow Burn [new] (10 pm, Epix)

Six-part series is an adaptation of the first season of Slate's podcast
of the same name, which explores the Watergate scandal.

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/slow-burn/season-1

Good Girls (season 3 premiere) (10 pm, NBC)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_74HiaTxQw&feature=youtu.be

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/good-girls/season-3

NCIS New Orleans (winter premiere; new time slot) (10 pm, CBS

The Windsors: Inside the Royal Dynasty [new] (10 pm, CNN)

The Windsors: Inside the Royal Dynasty is a six-part CNN Original Series
that tells the incredible, dramatic and emotional tale of the British
Royal Family known as The Windsors. From the calamity of Wallis Simpson
to the tragedy of Diana to the triumph of the recent Royal wedding, the
docuseries uses stunning, never-before-seen footage and interviews with
insiders to weave together the true story of a family that has survived
war, divorce, and scandal to against all odds, thrive in the modern world.

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (season 7 premiere)
(11:10 pm, HBO)

--Robin

anim8rfsk

Feb 15, 2020, 8:39:19 PM2/15/20
Sat, 15 Feb 2020 17:43:21 -0700 Robin Miller<robin....@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

> Tomorrow's advance notes
>
> Her Secret Family Killer (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

So is that a secret killer of her family, or a killer of her secret family?

> On Sarah’s birthday, her best friend Victoria gives her a genetic
> testing kit as a gift, so she can learn more about her family’s lineage.
> But that night, Victoria is tragically killed. Weeks later, Sarah gets
> on knock on her door, and it’s the police. As their homicide case ran
> cold, they decided to run the killer’s DNA through the genetic testing
> site’s database and there was a match: Sarah. It turns out that someone
> related to Sarah killed her best friend… but who? Brooke Nevin, Diora
> Baird, and Darin Brooks star.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10696018/ [originally "DNA Killer"]
>
> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/her-secret-family-killer
> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/her-secret-family-killer
>
> American Idol (season 18 premiere) (8 pm, ABC)
>
> The competitive singing reality series hosted by Ryan Seacrest with Luke
> Bryan, Katy Perry, and Lionel Richie as well as Bobby Bones returns for
> the show's third season on ABC.
>
> Outlander (season 5 premiere) (8 pm, Starz)
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alZOUG-PmsE
>
> https://www.metacritic.com/tv/outlander-2014/season-5
>
> El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (movie) (8 pm, AMC)

The El Camino was the bestest movie theater in town.
But those of us that have seen it can tell you it's absolutely terrible; 30
minutes of plot stretched out to fit 8 hours, with no conclusion of any kind.

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeYmeGyQKuM
>
> https://www.metacritic.com/tv/war-of-the-worlds-2020/season-1
>
> Slow Burn [new] (10 pm, Epix)
>
> Six-part series is an adaptation of the first season of Slate's podcast
> of the same name, which explores the Watergate scandal.
>
> https://www.metacritic.com/tv/slow-burn/season-1
>
> Good Girls (season 3 premiere) (10 pm, NBC)
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_74HiaTxQw&feature=youtu.be
>
> https://www.metacritic.com/tv/good-girls/season-3
>
> NCIS New Orleans (winter premiere; new time slot) (10 pm, CBS

At least we're one step closer to NCIS-LA-JAG!

> The Windsors: Inside the Royal Dynasty [new] (10 pm, CNN)
>
> The Windsors: Inside the Royal Dynasty is a six-part CNN Original Series
> that tells the incredible, dramatic and emotional tale of the British
> Royal Family known as The Windsors. From the calamity of Wallis Simpson
> to the tragedy of Diana to the triumph of the recent Royal wedding, the
> docuseries uses stunning, never-before-seen footage and interviews with
> insiders to weave together the true story of a family that has survived
> war, divorce, and scandal to against all odds, thrive in the modern world.
>
> Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (season 7 premiere)
> (11:10 pm, HBO)

Thanks!

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Adam H. Kerman

Feb 15, 2020, 10:05:30 PM2/15/20
Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Tomorrow's advance notes

>Outlander (season 5 premiere) (8 pm, Starz)

Comcast took away Starz.

>2020 American Rescue Dog Show (special) (8-10 pm, Hallmark
>Channel)

Bait and switch! I thought it was an agility trial with dogs
demonstrating rescue techniques. Nope. It's dogs from shelters with
actresses commenting on how cute they are.

>War of the Worlds [new] (9 pm, Epix)

>This eight-part adaptation of H.G. Wells's classic tale of alien
>invasion transports the story to present-day Europe (and features aliens
>from another galaxy rather than Mars). Gabriel Byrne, Elizabeth
>McGovern, Léa Drucker, and Natasha Little head the cast. [Note that
>although this version aired in Europe in 2019, it is different from (and
>unrelated to) the BBC version that also aired in 2019.]

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeYmeGyQKuM

>https://www.metacritic.com/tv/war-of-the-worlds-2020/season-1

Anybody see on this on the dark Web?

When will we get season 3 of Tripods?

>Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (season 7 premiere)
>(11:10 pm, HBO)

The world's only investigative comedian.

Dimensional Traveler

Feb 15, 2020, 10:17:05 PM2/15/20
On 2/15/2020 5:39 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Sat, 15 Feb 2020 17:43:21 -0700 Robin Miller<robin....@invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Tomorrow's advance notes
>>
>> Her Secret Family Killer (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> So is that a secret killer of her family, or a killer of her secret family?

The secret killer of her secret family from within her secret family.

--
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?"

anim8rfsk

Feb 15, 2020, 10:19:11 PM2/15/20
Sat, 15 Feb 2020 20:05:27 -0700 Adam H. Kerman<a...@chinet.com> wrote:

> Today's premieres and other notes (Saturday, Feb. 15)
> Adam H. Kerman<a...@chinet.com>
> February 15, 2020 at 8:05:27 PM MST
>
> Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Tomorrow's advance notes
>
> > Outlander (season 5 premiere) (8 pm, Starz)
>
> Comcast took away Starz.
>
> > 2020 American Rescue Dog Show (special) (8-10 pm, Hallmark
> > Channel)
>
> Bait and switch! I thought it was an agility trial with dogs
> demonstrating rescue techniques. Nope. It's dogs from shelters with
> actresses commenting on how cute they are.
>
> > War of the Worlds [new] (9 pm, Epix)
>
> > This eight-part adaptation of H.G. Wells's classic tale of alien
> > invasion transports the story to present-day Europe (and features aliens
> > from another galaxy rather than Mars). Gabriel Byrne, Elizabeth
> > McGovern, Léa Drucker, and Natasha Little head the cast. [Note that
> > although this version aired in Europe in 2019, it is different from (and
> > unrelated to) the BBC version that also aired in 2019.]
>
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeYmeGyQKuM
>
> > https://www.metacritic.com/tv/war-of-the-worlds-2020/season-1
>
> Anybody see on this on the dark Web?

Yes. Utter garbage.

anim8rfsk

Feb 15, 2020, 10:19:36 PM2/15/20
Sat, 15 Feb 2020 20:17:05 -0700 Dimensional Traveler<dtr...@sonic.net>
wrote:

> On 2/15/2020 5:39 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > Sat, 15 Feb 2020 17:43:21 -0700 Robin Miller<robin....@invalid.invalid>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Tomorrow's advance notes
> > >
> > > Her Secret Family Killer (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
> >
> > So is that a secret killer of her family, or a killer of her secret family?
> The secret killer of her secret family from within her secret family.

Well, duh

Ian J. Ball

Feb 15, 2020, 11:25:38 PM2/15/20
On 2020-02-16 00:43:21 +0000, Robin Miller said:

> Tomorrow's advance notes
>

> Her Secret Family Killer (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> On Sarah’s birthday, her best friend Victoria gives her a genetic
> testing kit as a gift, so she can learn more about her family’s
> lineage. But that night, Victoria is tragically killed. Weeks later,
> Sarah gets on knock on her door, and it’s the police. As their homicide
> case ran cold, they decided to run the killer’s DNA through the genetic
> testing site’s database and there was a match: Sarah. It turns out that
> someone related to Sarah killed her best friend… but who? Brooke Nevin,
> Diora Baird, and Darin Brooks star.

There's a sh*t ton of stuff on tomorrow night (see below), but I'll
definitely be watching this live - Brooke Nevin and Diora Baird! Oui,
oui!! :)

> Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist (time slot premiere) (9 pm, NBC)
>
> The rare network show to start with a "Z," Zoey is a magical realist
> drama from Austin Winsberg (Jake in Progress, The Sound of Music Live!)
> and producer Paul Feig. Jane Levy stars as a "whip-smart" San
> Francisco-based coder who suddenly gains the ability to hear the
> thoughts and desires of people around her through—wait for it—song. Is
> it a blessing? A curse? Well, that depends on how good the songs are.
> Lauren Graham, Skylar Astin, Mary Steenburgen, Peter Gallagher, Alex
> Newell, John Clarence Stewart, and Andrew Leeds fill out the cast.

Set to record.

> NCIS New Orleans (winter premiere; new time slot) (10 pm, CBS)

Far more importantly, NCIS:LA is back tomorrow night - also set to record that.

> --Robin

And I'm recording "Dare Me" and "The Batwoman" tomorrow too.

But it'll be Brooke Nevin, LIVE!!, on the Lifetime network! tomorrow night!!

Ian J. Ball

Feb 15, 2020, 11:27:26 PM2/15/20
On 2020-02-16 03:05:27 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:

> Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Tomorrow's advance notes
>
>> Outlander (season 5 premiere) (8 pm, Starz)
>
> Comcast took away Starz.

I'm assuming they also took away your Cinemax?...

(Cinemax seemed to get yanked from all the cable companies at the same
time - I gather it was a contract thing...)

Adam H. Kerman

Feb 15, 2020, 11:51:59 PM2/15/20
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>On 2020-02-16 03:05:27 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:
>>Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>>> Tomorrow's advance notes

>>>Outlander (season 5 premiere) (8 pm, Starz)

>>Comcast took away Starz.

>I'm assuming they also took away your Cinemax?...

>(Cinemax seemed to get yanked from all the cable companies at the same
>time - I gather it was a contract thing...)

After a lot of fuss I made, I got it back. I'll have to do the same with
with Starz. I've still got Encore.

anim8rfsk

Feb 16, 2020, 12:17:09 AM2/16/20
Sat, 15 Feb 2020 21:25:35 -0700 Ian J. Ball<IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> > NCIS New Orleans (winter premiere; new time slot) (10 pm, CBS)
>
> Far more importantly, NCIS:LA is back tomorrow night - also set to record
> that.

Ah, the sweet sweet reward of ice cream for me.

> > --Robin
>
> And I'm recording "Dare Me" and "The Batwoman" tomorrow too.

Gah

anim8rfsk

Feb 16, 2020, 12:17:38 AM2/16/20
You can have my Starz.

Robin Miller

Feb 16, 2020, 12:58:49 AM2/16/20
I just checked and, yes, God Friended Me and NCIS: LA are coming back
from a short hiatus that began following the Jan. 12 episodes.

--Robin

anim8rfsk

Feb 16, 2020, 5:15:29 AM2/16/20
Sat, 15 Feb 2020 22:58:35 -0700 Robin Miller<robin....@invalid.invalid>
wrote:
I was disappointed to have the Magic DVR present me with an episode of THE
NOOKIE only to find it was a rerun. :(

A Friend

Feb 16, 2020, 7:18:28 AM2/16/20
In article <r2ahpb$p49$1...@dont-email.me>, Adam H. Kerman
Encore is still here, too, but only in SD. Two channels.