What Did You Watch? 2017-08-14 (Monday)

Ubiquitous

Aug 15, 2017, 6:34:59 AM8/15/17
I watched:

THE A TEAM:
The A-Teah help a DC can company being squeezed out of business by
1980's bad-ass Michael Ironsides. Wasn't there a movie based on this?

HOOTIE AND THE CHICK:
"Moscow". The chick goes to Moscow to help Hootie find a lost Fabergé
egg and encounters some rough Russian agents. I got bored ans swtched
to.

FAMILY GUY:
"Boopa-dee Bappa-dee".

RICK AND MORTY:
Morty literally uses his free-Morty-adventure-after-ten-Rick-ones card
to answer a distress call from the Avengers, err, Vindicators to stop a
cosmic threat. Unfortunately, Rick got blackout drunk and not only slew
the Worldender, but built Saw-style death-traps in the span of a night.

What did you watch?

Obveeus

Aug 15, 2017, 7:46:08 AM8/15/17
I watched:

PREACHER: The white army attacks Dennis's house with the intent to wipe
out Jesse and his friends, but as one might expect, it only takes a
single open mind to turn the tide of the battle. There was also some
funny stuff about rape fantasy and the lead white hat had an epiphany
about Jesse in the process.

THE INCREDIBLE JESSICA JAMES: A 2017 Netflix romcom starring Jessica
Williams (GIRLS) and Chris O'Dowd (MOONE BOY). The premise here centers
around any oddly matched couple, both getting over past relationships
and both with very witty minds. I enjoyed the humor and the realistic
nature of the characters.

FOR A GOOD TIME CALL...: A 2012 comedy about two women (Lauren Miller,
wife of Seth Rogan and Ari Graynor, FRINGE and I'M DYING UP HERE) who
are forced to share an apartment in New York. This film is filled with
cameos from famous folks in Hollywood, but mostly it is about the two
female characters trying to find out who they are as they build a
financial future in New York. Mildly funny, but not much more.

What did you watch?

anim8rfsk

Aug 15, 2017, 7:54:57 AM8/15/17
In article <UBI20...@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net>
wrote:

> HOOTIE AND THE CHICK:
> "Moscow". The chick goes to Moscow to help Hootie find a lost Fabergé
> egg and encounters some rough Russian agents. I got bored ans swtched
> to.

Bored!?!?!? It was a Hoot!!!

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

A Friend

Aug 15, 2017, 8:02:46 AM8/15/17
In article <omumlu$60v$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> FOR A GOOD TIME CALL...: A 2012 comedy about two women (Lauren Miller,
> wife of Seth Rogan and Ari Graynor, FRINGE and I'M DYING UP HERE) who
> are forced to share an apartment in New York. This film is filled with
> cameos from famous folks in Hollywood, but mostly it is about the two
> female characters trying to find out who they are as they build a
> financial future in New York. Mildly funny, but not much more.

Agreed. This should have been better, given who was in it and who
wrote it. I thought Seth Rogan's cameo was awkward at best, and I
think he's a hoot.

anim8rfsk

Aug 15, 2017, 8:30:37 AM8/15/17
wrote:

> What did you watch?

Hooter and the Bean (discussed elsewhere)
I'll note that they've censored it, blooping even mild profanity and
checkerboarding out nudity COPS style. I'd assume there's whole
sequences cut for time as well. I enjoy the music selections.

The end of STUPIDGIRL while waiting for Hooter and the Bean. I don't
know why she doesn't just use her cool blue heat vision to immolate
Snapper Carr. Since the Hell when is he the final say on what they
print? I see they've finally turned James Olsen into an incompetent
jackass too - I guess all the male characters in this show have to be
worthless. The only reason to watch it at all is Katie McGrath. I
don't regret my decision to bail on this wretched mess at all.

SHIN GODZILLA - I'd only seen the beginning of this, in Japanese. A
friend bought the Blu-ray which has English on it, and so ...
It's not nearly as bad as I'd heard, except for the damn monster
himself. What were they thinking? Withered arms that are immobile and
palms up? Some sort of chest flap that just hangs open, like a sternum
pouch?? Huge unmoving eyes like you'd get on a teddy bear???
All this footage of all these bureaucrats constantly worrying about
their phony baloney jobs, doing the wrong thing, and dying for it, was
frankly ... great! The American girl is awesome, and I've lined up
ATTACK ON TITAN or whatever it's called PART 1 to watch just to get more
of a fix of her. The FX work is first rate, and this is a really scary
destructive Godzilla with a really inexplicable ending. At the halfway
point the Japanese give up and ask the Americans for help and we swoop
in, kick ass, and ... make things really really worse. If this movie
had used the monster from that recent American version, they'd have
really had something.

Stitchers (discussed elsewhere)

I tried to finally watch season 2 of DOLLHOUSE on The Netflix and fell
asleep a short way into ep 1, written and directed by Joss "I'm a
loudmouth imbecile" Whedon himself, who's apparently just screwed up
Justice League, having jumped ship from the good comics movie company to
the awful comics movie company. Good riddance. At least Amy Acker was
there, although I didn't manage to stay awake long enough to see Dichen.

Ubiquitous

Aug 15, 2017, 8:44:42 AM8/15/17
anim...@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

>> HOOTIE AND THE CHICK:
>> "Moscow". The chick goes to Moscow to help Hootie find a lost Fabergé
>> egg and encounters some rough Russian agents. I got bored ans swtched
>> to.
>
>Bored!?!?!? It was a Hoot!!!

heh. Maybe I'll try rewatching later.

A Friend

Aug 15, 2017, 8:49:10 AM8/15/17
In article <anim8rfsk-B4634...@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> The end of STUPIDGIRL while waiting for Hooter and the Bean. I don't
> know why she doesn't just use her cool blue heat vision to immolate
> Snapper Carr. Since the Hell when is he the final say on what they
> print? I see they've finally turned James Olsen into an incompetent
> jackass too - I guess all the male characters in this show have to be
> worthless. The only reason to watch it at all is Katie McGrath. I
> don't regret my decision to bail on this wretched mess at all.

I think I've already mentioned that I've deleted my season pass for
this. I know I kept saying last season that I was done with it, but I
kept crawling on back for another fix, hoping there'd be *something*
there ... eventually ... but there never was. I'm going to record the
crossovers when they show up, but nothing else. I can't believe what a
wretched mess this thing is. My God, in the season finale, they tore
down Superman to make Supergirl "more powerful" and de facto "champion
of Earth."

I also deleted all relevant browser bookmarks, especially including
that girlie-fan Supergirl.tv site. Suckers.

Call it 42 and through.

Arthur Lipscomb

Aug 15, 2017, 9:50:12 AM8/15/17
On 8/15/2017 4:46 AM, Obveeus wrote:
> I watched:
>
> PREACHER: The white army attacks Dennis's house with the intent to wipe
> out Jesse and his friends, but as one might expect, it only takes a
> single open mind to turn the tide of the battle. There was also some
> funny stuff about rape fantasy and the lead white hat had an epiphany
> about Jesse in the process.

Really good play on words. I wasn't sure if "no means yes" until the
very end.

> THE INCREDIBLE JESSICA JAMES: A 2017 Netflix romcom starring Jessica
> Williams (GIRLS) and Chris O'Dowd (MOONE BOY). The premise here centers
> around any oddly matched couple, both getting over past relationships
> and both with very witty minds. I enjoyed the humor and the realistic
> nature of the characters.

I started this but only made it 5 or 10 minutes in. I *plan* to finish
it just like I plan to finish Okja.

> FOR A GOOD TIME CALL...: A 2012 comedy about two women (Lauren Miller,
> wife of Seth Rogan and Ari Graynor, FRINGE and I'M DYING UP HERE) who
> are forced to share an apartment in New York. This film is filled with
> cameos from famous folks in Hollywood, but mostly it is about the two
> female characters trying to find out who they are as they build a
> financial future in New York. Mildly funny, but not much more.
>

> What did you watch?

Midnight, Texas - "Sexy Beast" - Team Texas vs a succubus. Pretty good one.

Ray Donovan - "Las Vegas" - More flashbacks and fleshing out the death
of a certain character.

Batman and Harley Quinn (theatrical) - Latest Warner animated film.
Looks like they are becoming a bit more consistent about giving them
theatrical releases. This was basically a movie length version of
Batman: The Animated series, using the same animation style and some of
the same voice actors. The plot involved Batman (Kevin Conroy)
recruiting Harley Quinn (Melissa Rauch) to help him track down Poisson
Ivy (Paget Brewster) who had team up with the Floronic Man (Kevin
Michael Richardson) in a plot to destroy the world. Or save the world
if you ask them. The tone was wildly inconsistent. It went from
"PG-13" (although while watching I would have said "R") to goofy and
mocking the 60's TV version. I guess fans of the "Animated series" will
probably like it. And I guess I more or less did too, but I have little
interest in watching it again and I *hated* the ending. Although there
was a pretty good extra scene after the credits.

Arthur Lipscomb

Aug 15, 2017, 9:59:37 AM8/15/17
On 8/15/2017 5:30 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <omumlu$60v$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Hooter and the Bean (discussed elsewhere)
> I'll note that they've censored it, blooping even mild profanity and
> checkerboarding out nudity COPS style. I'd assume there's whole
> sequences cut for time as well. I enjoy the music selections.

I was on vacation when this series premiered and so far haven't watched
a single episode. And I probably never will. So, I guess this series
is a hoot?

> The end of STUPIDGIRL while waiting for Hooter and the Bean. I don't
> know why she doesn't just use her cool blue heat vision to immolate
> Snapper Carr. Since the Hell when is he the final say on what they
> print? I see they've finally turned James Olsen into an incompetent
> jackass too - I guess all the male characters in this show have to be
> worthless. The only reason to watch it at all is Katie McGrath. I
> don't regret my decision to bail on this wretched mess at all.
>
> SHIN GODZILLA - I'd only seen the beginning of this, in Japanese. A
> friend bought the Blu-ray which has English on it, and so ...
> It's not nearly as bad as I'd heard, except for the damn monster
> himself. What were they thinking? Withered arms that are immobile and
> palms up? Some sort of chest flap that just hangs open, like a sternum
> pouch?? Huge unmoving eyes like you'd get on a teddy bear???
> All this footage of all these bureaucrats constantly worrying about
> their phony baloney jobs, doing the wrong thing, and dying for it, was
> frankly ... great! The American girl is awesome, and I've lined up
> ATTACK ON TITAN or whatever it's called PART 1 to watch just to get more
> of a fix of her.

Attack on Titan Part 1 is pretty bad and Part 2 is even worse. You have
been warned...

The FX work is first rate, and this is a really scary
> destructive Godzilla with a really inexplicable ending. At the halfway
> point the Japanese give up and ask the Americans for help and we swoop
> in, kick ass, and ... make things really really worse. If this movie
> had used the monster from that recent American version, they'd have
> really had something.
>
> Stitchers (discussed elsewhere)
>
> I tried to finally watch season 2 of DOLLHOUSE on The Netflix and fell
> asleep a short way into ep 1, written and directed by Joss "I'm a
> loudmouth imbecile" Whedon himself, who's apparently just screwed up
> Justice League,

I've been reading a lot of news stories about the changes he's making to
the movie. So far he's changed Cyborg's tone and rewritten the ending.
I'll reserve judgement until I see the final product.

having jumped ship from the good comics movie company to
> the awful comics movie company. Good riddance. At least Amy Acker was
> there, although I didn't manage to stay awake long enough to see Dichen.

Did you seen the unaired apocalyptic season 1 finale? All of season 2
builds up to that apocalypse. I have season 2 on blu-ray but still
haven't gotten around to rewatching it. It's been on my to do list for
years but I don't know when if ever I'll get to it, even though I know I
liked it.

anim8rfsk

Aug 15, 2017, 10:20:29 AM8/15/17
In article <omuug8$tkb$1...@dont-email.me>,
Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> On 8/15/2017 5:30 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <omumlu$60v$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> What did you watch?
> >
> > Hooter and the Bean (discussed elsewhere)
> > I'll note that they've censored it, blooping even mild profanity and
> > checkerboarding out nudity COPS style. I'd assume there's whole
> > sequences cut for time as well. I enjoy the music selections.
> >

> I was on vacation when this series premiered and so far haven't watched
> a single episode. And I probably never will. So, I guess this series
> is a hoot?

A hoot and a half!

> > The end of STUPIDGIRL while waiting for Hooter and the Bean. I don't
> > know why she doesn't just use her cool blue heat vision to immolate
> > Snapper Carr. Since the Hell when is he the final say on what they
> > print? I see they've finally turned James Olsen into an incompetent
> > jackass too - I guess all the male characters in this show have to be
> > worthless. The only reason to watch it at all is Katie McGrath. I
> > don't regret my decision to bail on this wretched mess at all.
> >
> > SHIN GODZILLA - I'd only seen the beginning of this, in Japanese. A
> > friend bought the Blu-ray which has English on it, and so ...
> > It's not nearly as bad as I'd heard, except for the damn monster
> > himself. What were they thinking? Withered arms that are immobile and
> > palms up? Some sort of chest flap that just hangs open, like a sternum
> > pouch?? Huge unmoving eyes like you'd get on a teddy bear???
> > All this footage of all these bureaucrats constantly worrying about
> > their phony baloney jobs, doing the wrong thing, and dying for it, was
> > frankly ... great! The American girl is awesome, and I've lined up
> > ATTACK ON TITAN or whatever it's called PART 1 to watch just to get more
> > of a fix of her.
>
> Attack on Titan Part 1 is pretty bad and Part 2 is even worse. You have
> been warned...

OMG! I lasted maybe 15 minutes, to the incredibly bizarre Titan attack
breeching the wall. WTF were these guys smoking?
There's a TV series too?

> The FX work is first rate, and this is a really scary
> > destructive Godzilla with a really inexplicable ending. At the halfway
> > point the Japanese give up and ask the Americans for help and we swoop
> > in, kick ass, and ... make things really really worse. If this movie
> > had used the monster from that recent American version, they'd have
> > really had something.
> >
> > Stitchers (discussed elsewhere)
> >
> > I tried to finally watch season 2 of DOLLHOUSE on The Netflix and fell
> > asleep a short way into ep 1, written and directed by Joss "I'm a
> > loudmouth imbecile" Whedon himself, who's apparently just screwed up
> > Justice League,
>
> I've been reading a lot of news stories about the changes he's making to
> the movie. So far he's changed Cyborg's tone and rewritten the ending.
> I'll reserve judgement until I see the final product.

Well, I doubt I'll ever see the final product, so I can have an
uninformed opinion now. :D But apparently Warner thinks he's blown
$25m and made the film unreleasable. I thought he was supposed to
*finish* it, not change it.

> having jumped ship from the good comics movie company to
> > the awful comics movie company. Good riddance. At least Amy Acker was
> > there, although I didn't manage to stay awake long enough to see Dichen.
> >

> Did you seen the unaired apocalyptic season 1 finale? All of season 2
> builds up to that apocalypse. I have season 2 on blu-ray but still
> haven't gotten around to rewatching it. It's been on my to do list for
> years but I don't know when if ever I'll get to it, even though I know I
> liked it.

Yeah, I saw that at the time. Felicia Day and what looked like the kind
of High School auditorium play Tom Wopat would be involved in.

Ubiquitous

Aug 15, 2017, 10:54:48 AM8/15/17
In article <omuug8$tkb$1...@dont-email.me>, art...@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:
>On 8/15/2017 5:30 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>> Hooter and the Bean:
>> I'll note that they've censored it, blooping even mild profanity and
>> checkerboarding out nudity COPS style.

Yeah, I noticed the bleeping and pixelation as well. This wasn't made by
Americans, right?

>I was on vacation when this series premiered and so far haven't watched
>a single episode. And I probably never will. So, I guess this series
>is a hoot?

Maybe.

>> The end of STUPIDGIRL while waiting for Hooter and the Bean. I don't
>> know why she doesn't just use her cool blue heat vision to immolate
>> Snapper Carr. Since the Hell when is he the final say on what they
>> print? I see they've finally turned James Olsen into an incompetent
>> jackass too - I guess all the male characters in this show have to be
>> worthless. The only reason to watch it at all is Katie McGrath.

Is she the one who makes out with another woman?

>> SHIN GODZILLA - I'd only seen the beginning of this, in Japanese. A
>> friend bought the Blu-ray which has English on it, and so ...
>> It's not nearly as bad as I'd heard, except for the damn monster
>> himself. What were they thinking? Withered arms that are immobile and
>> palms up? Some sort of chest flap that just hangs open, like a sternum
>> pouch?? Huge unmoving eyes like you'd get on a teddy bear???
>> All this footage of all these bureaucrats constantly worrying about
>> their phony baloney jobs, doing the wrong thing, and dying for it, was
>> frankly ... great! The American girl is awesome, and I've lined up
>> ATTACK ON TITAN or whatever it's called PART 1 to watch just to get more
>> of a fix of her.
>
>Attack on Titan Part 1 is pretty bad and Part 2 is even worse. You have
>been warned...

I liked "Attack on Titan" until I realized there were some major plotholes and
they were doing things for the "cool" factor. I gave up around the time they
claimed the only way to kill the giants was by beheading them with a sword,
but doing it with a cannonball/mortar only resulted in the head growing back
in seconds. That's not how that works!

Ubiquitous

Aug 15, 2017, 11:00:19 AM8/15/17
In article <omutuh$s20$1...@dont-email.me>, art...@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:

>Batman and Harley Quinn (theatrical) - Latest Warner animated film.
>Looks like they are becoming a bit more consistent about giving them
>theatrical releases. This was basically a movie length version of
>Batman: The Animated series, using the same animation style and some of
>the same voice actors. The plot involved Batman (Kevin Conroy)
>recruiting Harley Quinn (Melissa Rauch) to help him track down Poisson
>Ivy (Paget Brewster) who had team up with the Floronic Man (Kevin
>Michael Richardson) in a plot to destroy the world. Or save the world
>if you ask them.

Did this plot involve the tap water and dentistry?

anim8rfsk

Aug 15, 2017, 11:14:33 AM8/15/17
In article <omv1nm$4ca$1...@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> In article <omuug8$tkb$1...@dont-email.me>, art...@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:
> >On 8/15/2017 5:30 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>
> >> Hooter and the Bean:
> >> I'll note that they've censored it, blooping even mild profanity and
> >> checkerboarding out nudity COPS style.
>
> Yeah, I noticed the bleeping and pixelation as well. This wasn't made by
> Americans, right?

Nope. Made in South Africa, and on location around the world, for
England.

> >I was on vacation when this series premiered and so far haven't watched
> >a single episode. And I probably never will. So, I guess this series
> >is a hoot?
>
> Maybe.

Hoot! Hoot!

> >> The end of STUPIDGIRL while waiting for Hooter and the Bean. I don't
> >> know why she doesn't just use her cool blue heat vision to immolate
> >> Snapper Carr. Since the Hell when is he the final say on what they
> >> print? I see they've finally turned James Olsen into an incompetent
> >> jackass too - I guess all the male characters in this show have to be
> >> worthless. The only reason to watch it at all is Katie McGrath.
>
> Is she the one who makes out with another woman?

No, although they're clearly teasing her going girl on girl with
Stupidgirl.

> >> SHIN GODZILLA - I'd only seen the beginning of this, in Japanese. A
> >> friend bought the Blu-ray which has English on it, and so ...
> >> It's not nearly as bad as I'd heard, except for the damn monster
> >> himself. What were they thinking? Withered arms that are immobile and
> >> palms up? Some sort of chest flap that just hangs open, like a sternum
> >> pouch?? Huge unmoving eyes like you'd get on a teddy bear???
> >> All this footage of all these bureaucrats constantly worrying about
> >> their phony baloney jobs, doing the wrong thing, and dying for it, was
> >> frankly ... great! The American girl is awesome, and I've lined up
> >> ATTACK ON TITAN or whatever it's called PART 1 to watch just to get more
> >> of a fix of her.
> >
> >Attack on Titan Part 1 is pretty bad and Part 2 is even worse. You have
> >been warned...
>
> I liked "Attack on Titan" until I realized there were some major plotholes
> and
> they were doing things for the "cool" factor. I gave up around the time they
> claimed the only way to kill the giants was by beheading them with a sword,
> but doing it with a cannonball/mortar only resulted in the head growing back
> in seconds. That's not how that works!

:\

Dimensional Traveler

Aug 15, 2017, 11:20:44 AM8/15/17
42 is the answer to Life, The Universe and Everything.

instinct are running screaming.

Ian J. Ball

Aug 15, 2017, 12:51:56 PM8/15/17
On 2017-08-15 11:46:02 +0000, Obveeus said:

> What did you watch?

I'm so distracted these days, I'm not even sure I remember!...

Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures (recorded) - "Flight of the
Arrowhead". This was actually a pretty good one, as there's actually
some payoff for the whole "Arrowhead" ship design thing - Rowan and
Zander using the Arrowhead to fly through the Imperial Star Destroyer
to destroy it was pretty cool. Meanwhile, earlier in the episode, the
gang has to overcome Durpin (Richard Kind) and Plumestriker in order to
get the Arrowhead operational. I smirked when Plumestriker came around
to Durpin's cowardly point of view, re: servce to the Imperials, at the
end. Heh.

soaps: Pass, though I will note that DOOL is still employing "idiot
soap opera plotting": specifically, Marlena's time would have been much
better spent sending a text before calling for help - who wouldn't know
that in this day and age?!!

Wynonna Earp (recorded) - "I See a Darkness". Presumably covered by
others. This was a pretty good episode, except for the contrivance of
the Stone Witch's "twin" (did we know about this before? or was this a
total retcon?...) Didn't see the ending coming. (I'm assuming these
developments were "pregnancy-dictated"?...) Will be interesting to see
how they resolve all of this...

Stitchers - "Maternis". Already covered a little bit in my separate
thread. Suffice it to say that this was a pretty decent finale, that
would have satisfactorily wrapped up the series... until the final 2
seconds, and one line of dialogue, ruined that all. Idiots.

Recorded for later: Lego Star Wars..., Shadowhunters (S2 finale),
Hooten & the Lady, and Midnight, Texas.

--
"His compassion killed him." - Dr. Sabine Lommers, in

suzeeq

Aug 15, 2017, 2:00:54 PM8/15/17
Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2017-08-15 11:46:02 +0000, Obveeus said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> I'm so distracted these days, I'm not even sure I remember!...
>
> Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures (recorded) - "Flight of the
> Arrowhead". This was actually a pretty good one, as there's actually
> some payoff for the whole "Arrowhead" ship design thing - Rowan and
> Zander using the Arrowhead to fly through the Imperial Star Destroyer
> to destroy it was pretty cool. Meanwhile, earlier in the episode, the
> gang has to overcome Durpin (Richard Kind) and Plumestriker in order to
> get the Arrowhead operational. I smirked when Plumestriker came around
> to Durpin's cowardly point of view, re: servce to the Imperials, at the
> end. Heh.
>
> soaps: Pass, though I will note that DOOL is still employing "idiot
> soap opera plotting": specifically, Marlena's time would have been much
> better spent sending a text before calling for help - who wouldn't know
> that in this day and age?!!

Marlena's tech challenged. Remember when she played Kristen's dvd of a
drugged Father Eric having sex with her and M couldn't find the off switch?

anim8rfsk

Aug 15, 2017, 2:28:49 PM8/15/17
In article <omv38c$di5$1...@dont-email.me>,
I plan on skipping the crossovers. One night is The Awful Arrow and The
Stupid Girl. The other night is Da Flash and Da Legends. I'll watch
that night only.

Dimensional Traveler

Aug 15, 2017, 3:29:12 PM8/15/17
I expect I'll be watching the new seasons of Flash, Arrow and Legends.
Supergirl is a toss up right now, mostly because I've been trying to
avoid thinking about it.

anim8rfsk

Aug 15, 2017, 3:52:06 PM8/15/17
In article <omvhq7$484$1...@dont-email.me>,
While watching last night I was remembering those phony Teen Choice
awards that she won one of, and reflecting that she's really a piss poor
actress.

Ian J. Ball

Aug 15, 2017, 3:58:35 PM8/15/17
I'm only signed on for "ARROW!", though IIRC "Legends" has pulled in
someone as recurring cast that I'm going to want to check out. I'd like
to be done with "The Flash", counterprogramming dependent...

Dimensional Traveler

Aug 15, 2017, 4:50:31 PM8/15/17
Which "she"? There are more than one on the show.

A Friend

Aug 15, 2017, 4:55:17 PM8/15/17
In article <anim8rfsk-BB239...@news.easynews.com>,
Me, too, then. I didn't know they were doing it that way. Thanks.

anim8rfsk

Aug 15, 2017, 7:51:18 PM8/15/17
In article <omvmin$k2p$3...@dont-email.me>,
stupidgirl

David Barnett

Aug 15, 2017, 7:51:20 PM8/15/17
In article <UBI20...@dont-email.me>, web...@polaris.net says...

> What did you watch?

On Mon Aug 14 I watched:

NCIS:NO: One Book, Two Covers; Beastmaster
2 episodes aired as last week it was pre-empted.
Arc is: Mayor Hamilton is a villain

IRON FIST: Finished the show in good time for The Defenders.
Season ended with a mild cliff hanger in more ways than one.

--
David Barnett

David Barnett

Aug 15, 2017, 7:56:21 PM8/15/17
says...

> Ray Donovan - "Las Vegas" - More flashbacks and fleshing out the death
> of a certain character.

Watched it this morning.
So, will this be the end of the flashbacks?

--
David Barnett

Arthur Lipscomb

Aug 15, 2017, 9:30:05 PM8/15/17
On 8/15/2017 7:57 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> In article <omutuh$s20$1...@dont-email.me>, art...@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:
>
>> Batman and Harley Quinn (theatrical) - Latest Warner animated film.
>> Looks like they are becoming a bit more consistent about giving them
>> theatrical releases. This was basically a movie length version of
>> Batman: The Animated series, using the same animation style and some of
>> the same voice actors. The plot involved Batman (Kevin Conroy)
>> recruiting Harley Quinn (Melissa Rauch) to help him track down Poisson
>> Ivy (Paget Brewster) who had team up with the Floronic Man (Kevin
>> Michael Richardson) in a plot to destroy the world. Or save the world
>> if you ask them.
>
> Did this plot involve the tap water and dentistry?

Well, it did involve the water supply.

Dimensional Traveler

Aug 15, 2017, 11:12:16 PM8/15/17
Yes, that's the show.

anim8rfsk

Aug 15, 2017, 11:20:56 PM8/15/17
In article <on0cug$ecc$3...@dont-email.me>,
and the character

Do I have to spell out Melissa Benoist?

suzeeq

Aug 16, 2017, 12:14:54 AM8/16/17
You guys are such - Guys...!

anim8rfsk

Aug 16, 2017, 1:03:47 AM8/16/17
In article <on0grs$1jv$1...@news.albasani.net>, suzeeq <su...@imbris.com>
wrote:
The kind of guys that give a pretty girl her own show even though she
can't act?

suzeeq

Aug 16, 2017, 11:55:49 AM8/16/17
And then go on and on about her.

Ubiquitous

Aug 16, 2017, 2:24:12 PM8/16/17
AKA "The Pussy of Steel", or whatever she said at the Chick's Selective
Outrage march.

Ubiquitous

Aug 16, 2017, 2:26:01 PM8/16/17
anim...@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>> art...@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:

>> Yeah, I noticed the bleeping and pixelation as well. This wasn't made by
>> Americans, right?
>
>Nope. Made in South Africa, and on location around the world, for
>England.
>
>> >I was on vacation when this series premiered and so far haven't watched
>> >a single episode. And I probably never will. So, I guess this series
>> >is a hoot?
>>
>> Maybe.
>
>Hoot! Hoot!

Give a hoot!

Ubiquitous

Aug 16, 2017, 2:27:51 PM8/16/17
Duh, that's where the Florine is put.

anim8rfsk

Aug 16, 2017, 3:18:41 PM8/16/17
In article <on1pu0$iv4$1...@news.albasani.net>, suzeeq <su...@imbris.com>
She's pretty! The fact that she's not any good at her job doesn't mean
she's not marriageable.

anim8rfsk

Aug 16, 2017, 3:20:29 PM8/16/17
In article <on22c9$8o7$4...@dont-email.me>,
http://www.palmerreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/supergirl-march-10
24x921.jpg

Wonder who made the poster for her?

Dimensional Traveler

Aug 16, 2017, 3:59:50 PM8/16/17
*puts on his asbestoes undies* To be kept barefoot and pregnant in the
kitchen so she doesn't inflict anymore acting on us? *runs*

suzeeq

Aug 16, 2017, 4:09:17 PM8/16/17
Is *that* why Anim want to get married...

anim8rfsk

Aug 16, 2017, 4:20:00 PM8/16/17
In article <on27vl$t4r$4...@dont-email.me>,
She could always work outside the home in the exciting world of fast
foods.

anim8rfsk

Aug 16, 2017, 4:20:24 PM8/16/17
In article <on28pa$jcn$2...@news.albasani.net>, suzeeq <su...@imbris.com>
wrote:
No, if I were going to marry her, I'd want her working and earning big
money.

Dimensional Traveler

Aug 16, 2017, 4:41:27 PM8/16/17
And of course we're politely ignoring the fact that if she's crazy
enough to marry you, she's too crazy to marry. :P

Obveeus

Aug 16, 2017, 4:45:37 PM8/16/17
Are you guys sure she cannot act? Are you sure it isn't the horrid
writing/plotting of SUPERGIRL? Back when she was on GLEE and talking
about the struggles of having a lunch lady sized mom, she seemed like
she had decent ability as an actress. I don't remember her as being bad
in WHIPLASH. Did anyone watch her in HOMELAND?

suzeeq

Aug 16, 2017, 5:01:59 PM8/16/17
There ya go.

anim8rfsk

Aug 16, 2017, 5:17:54 PM8/16/17
In article <on2alf$86p$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:
Of *course* I watched her in Homeland, in the early shows before they
bait and switched the nekkid women for the nekkid men. She was
absolutely brilliant, but she let her breasts do all the heavy lifting.

anim8rfsk

Aug 16, 2017, 5:18:23 PM8/16/17
In article <on2adl$6ui$1...@dont-email.me>,
Even I won't date women *that* crazy.

BTR1701

Aug 16, 2017, 5:25:07 PM8/16/17
Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com> wrote:

> Did anyone watch her in HOMELAND?

Over and over and over again.

Dimensional Traveler

Aug 16, 2017, 5:57:13 PM8/16/17
There's a joke in there somewhere about how it should be the other way
'round....

Jim G.

Aug 17, 2017, 3:46:28 AM8/17/17
Obveeus sent the following on 08/15/2017 at 06:46 AM:
> What did you watch?

PREACHER / Puzzle Piece / 2x09

[Jesse gets a much-needed breakthrough on his search for God. Tulip
continues to spiral and Cassidy makes a life-altering decision for Denis.]

“I’m going to leave the tarp out.” Heh. I would guess that a role like
Herr Starr would be the holy freaking grail for an actor, and Pip
Torrens is just crushing it. And he’s probably gonna have a few words
for the two who screwed up his “No means yes” date night. Meanwhile,
there was just no call for doing that to Harry Connick, Jr. No call at
all. Darn those Armenians.

STITCHERS / Maternis / 3x10

[In the summer finale, all your burning questions will be answered when
Kirsten’s father Daniel Stinger shows up and Kirsten must perform the
most important stitch of her life.]

So this one fails right out of the gate with its very premise: our gang
has to stitch into a dead woman -- a mathematician -- because she’s the
one who has been picking the stitch cases and SHE NEVER TOLD ANYONE HOW.
Seriously? Oh, what the heck. Backup plans are overrated. Among other
highlights, Fisher and Maggie stage the worst arrest attempt ever. *And*
they carry it out in a way that needlessly puts Kirsten’s comatose
mother’s life in danger because they apparently didn’t think to schedule
the worst arrest attempt ever so that it would take place someplace
where stray bullets wouldn’t cause such problems. And on the “science”
end, there is an instant leap from “nanobot clusters” to quantum
entanglement at one point. I guess two people speaking to each other on
cellphones is “quantum entanglement” these days, too. Or something. Dear
gawd, this show makes SALVATION seem like postdoctoral work. On the
bright side, there are some interesting variations to the usual sort of
sync that we see even before Kirsten and her mom swap places. And the
memory twist at the end sets up some interesting possibilities. Finally,
the folks writing this show need to get some pointers from the WYNONNA
EARP writers about how to do the young lesbian lovers thing. Because
Camille and the M.E. need some serious help and it goes far beyond just
the fact that the WE gals are way more appealing.

MIDNIGHT, TEXAS / Sexy Beast / 1x04

[Manfred's ability to see the dead leads him to uncover an ancient
supernatural who seduces and feeds on men. To protect their town's
supernatural anonymity, Manfred, with the help of Fiji, Lem, Joe and
Creek, venture out of the safety of Midnight to a roadside bar to stop
the supernatural killer. Meanwhile, Bobo must confront the dangerous
bikers who threaten to expose his past. While carrying out a hit, Olivia
discovers an unlikely link to her father.]

Our heroes take on a succubus. And kill her. Because they can’t have any
unwanted police attention drawn to Midnight. And, you know, they
couldn’t tell her the rules and give her a chance to quit succubus-ing
voluntarily. Once an untrustworthy supernatural beast, always an
untrustworthy supernatural beast, I guess. Unless you're our heroes, of
course. In which case it’s different. In the B-plot, we learn that
Olivia has daddy issues. Seriously, is there anyone on television
anymore who *doesn’t* have daddy issues? Oh, well. Both stories were
well executed in spite of themselves because the show's strength is in
the characters and not the stories at this point. And on a side note,
it’s kind of funny that the girl I thought would be playing the virgin
wallflower is getting more action than anyone else in town. Other than
Manfred, of course.

“It smells like bad beer and worse choices. I'll make it work.” – Rosita
Bustillos, WYNONNA EARP

Ubiquitous

Aug 17, 2017, 7:33:39 AM8/17/17
In article <on2alf$86p$1...@dont-email.me>, Obv...@aol.com wrote:

>Are you guys sure she cannot act? Are you sure it isn't the horrid
>writing/plotting of SUPERGIRL? Back when she was on GLEE and talking
>about the struggles of having a lunch lady sized mom, she seemed like
>she had decent ability as an actress.

Damning with faint praise.

anim8rfsk

Aug 17, 2017, 7:42:32 AM8/17/17
In article <on3hcg$9j7$1...@dont-email.me>,
"Jim G." <jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:

> STITCHERS / Maternis / 3x10
>
> [In the summer finale, all your burning questions will be answered when
> Kirsten’s father Daniel Stinger shows up and Kirsten must perform the
> most important stitch of her life.]
>
> So this one fails right out of the gate with its very premise: our gang
> has to stitch into a dead woman -- a mathematician -- because she’s the
> one who has been picking the stitch cases and SHE NEVER TOLD ANYONE HOW.
> Seriously? Oh, what the heck. Backup plans are overrated. Among other
> highlights, Fisher and Maggie stage the worst arrest attempt ever. *And*
> they carry it out in a way that needlessly puts Kirsten’s comatose
> mother’s life in danger because they apparently didn’t think to schedule
> the worst arrest attempt ever so that it would take place someplace
> where stray bullets wouldn’t cause such problems. And on the “science”
> end, there is an instant leap from “nanobot clusters” to quantum
> entanglement at one point. I guess two people speaking to each other on
> cellphones is “quantum entanglement” these days, too. Or something. Dear
> gawd, this show makes SALVATION seem like postdoctoral work.

By an incompetent lying idiot.

On the
> bright side, there are some interesting variations to the usual sort of
> sync that we see even before Kirsten and her mom swap places. And the
> memory twist at the end sets up some interesting possibilities. Finally,
> the folks writing this show need to get some pointers from the WYNONNA
> EARP writers about how to do the young lesbian lovers thing. Because
> Camille and the M.E. need some serious help and it goes far beyond just
> the fact that the WE gals are way more appealing.

Arthur Lipscomb

Aug 17, 2017, 10:36:58 AM8/17/17
On 8/17/2017 12:46 AM, Jim G. wrote:
> Obveeus sent the following on 08/15/2017 at 06:46 AM:
>> What did you watch?
>
> PREACHER / Puzzle Piece / 2x09
>
> [Jesse gets a much-needed breakthrough on his search for God. Tulip
> continues to spiral and Cassidy makes a life-altering decision for Denis.]
>
> “I’m going to leave the tarp out.” Heh. I would guess that a role like
> Herr Starr would be the holy freaking grail for an actor, and Pip
> Torrens is just crushing it. And he’s probably gonna have a few words
> for the two who screwed up his “No means yes” date night.

I'm not so sure they did screw up date night. They all seemed to be
smiling and friendly when it was over. And if he didn't want it to go
that, he's more than capable of making sure it didn't.

Jim G.

Aug 17, 2017, 12:58:57 PM8/17/17
Arthur Lipscomb sent the following on 08/17/2017 at 09:36 AM:
> On 8/17/2017 12:46 AM, Jim G. wrote:
>> Obveeus sent the following on 08/15/2017 at 06:46 AM:
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> PREACHER / Puzzle Piece / 2x09
>>
>> [Jesse gets a much-needed breakthrough on his search for God. Tulip
>> continues to spiral and Cassidy makes a life-altering decision for Denis.]
>>
>> “I’m going to leave the tarp out.” Heh. I would guess that a role like
>> Herr Starr would be the holy freaking grail for an actor, and Pip
>> Torrens is just crushing it. And he’s probably gonna have a few words
>> for the two who screwed up his “No means yes” date night.
>
> I'm not so sure they did screw up date night. They all seemed to be
> smiling and friendly when it was over. And if he didn't want it to go
> that, he's more than capable of making sure it didn't.

So you're saying that no meant yes? :)

Jim G.

Aug 17, 2017, 1:00:44 PM8/17/17
anim8rfsk sent the following on 08/17/2017 at 06:42 AM:
> In article <on3hcg$9j7$1...@dont-email.me>,
> "Jim G." <jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>> STITCHERS / Maternis / 3x10
>>
>> [In the summer finale, all your burning questions will be answered when
>> Kirsten’s father Daniel Stinger shows up and Kirsten must perform the
>> most important stitch of her life.]
>>
>> So this one fails right out of the gate with its very premise: our gang
>> has to stitch into a dead woman -- a mathematician -- because she’s the
>> one who has been picking the stitch cases and SHE NEVER TOLD ANYONE HOW.
>> Seriously? Oh, what the heck. Backup plans are overrated. Among other
>> highlights, Fisher and Maggie stage the worst arrest attempt ever. *And*
>> they carry it out in a way that needlessly puts Kirsten’s comatose
>> mother’s life in danger because they apparently didn’t think to schedule
>> the worst arrest attempt ever so that it would take place someplace
>> where stray bullets wouldn’t cause such problems. And on the “scienceâ€
>> end, there is an instant leap from “nanobot clusters†to quantum
>> entanglement at one point. I guess two people speaking to each other on
>> cellphones is “quantum entanglement†these days, too. Or something. Dear
>> gawd, this show makes SALVATION seem like postdoctoral work.
>
> By an incompetent lying idiot.

I'm starting to get the sense that you don't like the guy.

shawn

Aug 17, 2017, 2:53:34 PM8/17/17
On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 12:00:41 -0500, "Jim G."
<jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:

>anim8rfsk sent the following on 08/17/2017 at 06:42 AM:
>> In article <on3hcg$9j7$1...@dont-email.me>,
>> "Jim G." <jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> STITCHERS / Maternis / 3x10
>>>
>>> [In the summer finale, all your burning questions will be answered when
>>> Kirsten’s father Daniel Stinger shows up and Kirsten must perform the
>>> most important stitch of her life.]
>>>
>>> So this one fails right out of the gate with its very premise: our gang
>>> has to stitch into a dead woman -- a mathematician -- because she’s the
>>> one who has been picking the stitch cases and SHE NEVER TOLD ANYONE HOW.

Yeah, there's the whole question of how did she end up with the job of
picking Stitch candidates and get this set up in her home with no one
knowing how it worked?

>>> Seriously? Oh, what the heck. Backup plans are overrated. Among other
>>> highlights, Fisher and Maggie stage the worst arrest attempt ever. *And*
>>> they carry it out in a way that needlessly puts Kirsten’s comatose
>>> mother’s life in danger because they apparently didn’t think to schedule
>>> the worst arrest attempt ever so that it would take place someplace
>>> where stray bullets wouldn’t cause such problems. And on the “science�€?
>>> end, there is an instant leap from “nanobot clusters�€? to quantum
>>> entanglement at one point. I guess two people speaking to each other on
>>> cellphones is “quantum entanglement�€? these days, too. Or something. Dear
>>> gawd, this show makes SALVATION seem like postdoctoral work.

Oh don't forget Kirsten's dad being so concerned about saving his
wife but didn't think about his wife being hit as they have this
shootout and some of the bullets were obviously hitting around the
container holding Kirsten's mom.

anim8rfsk

Aug 17, 2017, 3:27:12 PM8/17/17
In article <9bpbpc5oucvlusobi...@4ax.com>,
shawn <nanof...@notformailgmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 12:00:41 -0500, "Jim G."
> <jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
>
> >anim8rfsk sent the following on 08/17/2017 at 06:42 AM:

> Yeah, there's the whole question of how did she end up with the job of
> picking Stitch candidates and get this set up in her home with no one
> knowing how it worked?

And what the Hell's the point of having a computer in a Faraday cage
that's connected to the Internet? What's she worried about, EMP?

Jim G.

Aug 17, 2017, 5:26:01 PM8/17/17
shawn sent the following on 08/17/2017 at 01:53 PM:
> On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 12:00:41 -0500, "Jim G."
> <jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>> anim8rfsk sent the following on 08/17/2017 at 06:42 AM:

> Yeah, there's the whole question of how did she end up with the job of
> picking Stitch candidates and get this set up in her home with no one
> knowing how it worked?

Dumb enough if the woman was young. But she wasn't. There was no excuse
for everyone to be so in the dark about her work, especially if they
were funding it.

> Oh don't forget Kirsten's dad being so concerned about saving his
> wife but didn't think about his wife being hit as they have this
> shootout and some of the bullets were obviously hitting around the
> container holding Kirsten's mom.

Like I said, worst arrest attempt ever. They picked a big room and then
both approached the guy from a distance despite the fact that there was
another access point to the room. And they picked the *ACTUAL LOCATION*
where they'd stashed the comatose mom. *AND* they put the comatose mom
between them and the guy that they were wanting to arrest. But other
than that, it was a solid plan.

Jim G.

Aug 17, 2017, 5:27:11 PM8/17/17
anim8rfsk sent the following on 08/17/2017 at 02:27 PM:
> In article <9bpbpc5oucvlusobi...@4ax.com>,
> shawn <nanof...@notformailgmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 12:00:41 -0500, "Jim G."
>> <jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> anim8rfsk sent the following on 08/17/2017 at 06:42 AM:

>> Yeah, there's the whole question of how did she end up with the job of
>> picking Stitch candidates and get this set up in her home with no one
>> knowing how it worked?
>
> And what the Hell's the point of having a computer in a Faraday cage
> that's connected to the Internet? What's she worried about, EMP?

That would seem to be the only answer that makes any sense.

anim8rfsk

Aug 17, 2017, 5:40:41 PM8/17/17
In article <on51fc$24r$2...@dont-email.me>,
"Jim G." <jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:

> anim8rfsk sent the following on 08/17/2017 at 02:27 PM:
> > In article <9bpbpc5oucvlusobi...@4ax.com>,
> > shawn <nanof...@notformailgmail.com> wrote:

> >> Yeah, there's the whole question of how did she end up with the job of
> >> picking Stitch candidates and get this set up in her home with no one
> >> knowing how it worked?
> >
> > And what the Hell's the point of having a computer in a Faraday cage
> > that's connected to the Internet? What's she worried about, EMP?
>
> That would seem to be the only answer that makes any sense.

And it's not a SECRET door. It's a freaking steal door just sitting
there for everybody to see. With a 6 sided steel cage. IN AN APARTMENT.

Dimensional Traveler

Aug 17, 2017, 6:11:03 PM8/17/17
On 8/17/2017 2:40 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <on51fc$24r$2...@dont-email.me>,
> "Jim G." <jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>> anim8rfsk sent the following on 08/17/2017 at 02:27 PM:

>>> And what the Hell's the point of having a computer in a Faraday cage
>>> that's connected to the Internet? What's she worried about, EMP?
>>
>> That would seem to be the only answer that makes any sense.
>
> And it's not a SECRET door. It's a freaking steal door just sitting
> there for everybody to see. With a 6 sided steel cage. IN AN APARTMENT.

The bit about it being a Faraday Cage was one of the Stitch team's guess
and we know how smart they all are. You don't need a foot of steel to
make a Faraday Cage, just some wiring in the walls. Personally I'm
assuming it was literally just a bank vault type safety room and Stitch
dude who keeps going back to Ivy was just trying to not look stupid and
failed.

anim8rfsk

Aug 17, 2017, 6:14:22 PM8/17/17
In article <on541k$d9o$1...@dont-email.me>,
Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

> On 8/17/2017 2:40 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <on51fc$24r$2...@dont-email.me>,
> > "Jim G." <jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >> anim8rfsk sent the following on 08/17/2017 at 02:27 PM:

> >> That would seem to be the only answer that makes any sense.
> >
> > And it's not a SECRET door. It's a freaking steal door just sitting
> > there for everybody to see. With a 6 sided steel cage. IN AN APARTMENT.
> >
> The bit about it being a Faraday Cage was one of the Stitch team's guess
> and we know how smart they all are. You don't need a foot of steel to
> make a Faraday Cage, just some wiring in the walls. Personally I'm
> assuming it was literally just a bank vault type safety room and Stitch
> dude who keeps going back to Ivy was just trying to not look stupid and
> failed.

Yep, chicken wire makes a pretty good faraday cage, but still, whatever
this thing's intended use is, how did she build it in an apartment? Was
it really too odd for her to live in a house in Los Angeles?

Dimensional Traveler

Aug 17, 2017, 7:25:23 PM8/17/17
On 8/17/2017 3:14 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <on541k$d9o$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> On 8/17/2017 2:40 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> And it's not a SECRET door. It's a freaking steal door just sitting
>>> there for everybody to see. With a 6 sided steel cage. IN AN APARTMENT.
>>>
>> The bit about it being a Faraday Cage was one of the Stitch team's guess
>> and we know how smart they all are. You don't need a foot of steel to
>> make a Faraday Cage, just some wiring in the walls. Personally I'm
>> assuming it was literally just a bank vault type safety room and Stitch
>> dude who keeps going back to Ivy was just trying to not look stupid and
>> failed.
>
> Yep, chicken wire makes a pretty good faraday cage, but still, whatever
> this thing's intended use is, how did she build it in an apartment? Was
> it really too odd for her to live in a house in Los Angeles?

On active duty military pay she was lucky to afford a whole apartment
for herself without roommates.