Jin's 3 dates & Ji Yeon's name

1 view

auzer...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2008, 2:52:52 PM3/14/08
There were 3 dates on Jin's headstone.
on the left was
1980-3-20

and on the right were
birth? 1974-11-27
death? 2004-9-22

So what was the meaning to the mysterious 1980 date, when Jin was,
what, SIX yrs old?
There can't be anything significant of note in his humble family's
background to denote Mar 20, '80.
Anyone care to translate the headstone to clarify?

And while we're at it, most names in Korean have great meaning.
So what does Ji Yeon translate to and what importance does it have to
Jin?

remys...@yahoo.com

Mar 14, 2008, 3:21:26 PM3/14/08
On Mar 14, 2:52 pm, "auzerais...@gmail.com" <auzerais...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> And while we're at it, most names in Korean have great meaning.
> So what does Ji Yeon translate to and what importance does it have to
> Jin?

Wikipedia's been having an edit war over the inclusion of a
translation meaning "Heavenly Patience".

Jordan Zimmerman

Mar 14, 2008, 5:15:07 PM3/14/08
<auzer...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> There were 3 dates on Jin's headstone.
> on the left was
> 1980-3-20

OK - so this is Sun's birthdate. The important thing is that this is a clue!
This means that when Jin was buried, Sun was known to be alive. Hmm...

-JZ

Gazz...@googlemail.com

Mar 15, 2008, 5:15:02 AM3/15/08
On Mar 14, 5:15 pm, "Jordan Zimmerman" <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
wrote:
> <auzerais...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Unless of course his death was confirmed on Suns return to the world.

chris.w...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2008, 11:24:41 AM3/17/08
On Mar 14, 2:52 pm, "auzerais...@gmail.com" <auzerais...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Here's the mystery that I can't figure out -
Jin's date of death is 9/22/04 - but the current date on the ship is
12/24/04 (Desmond called his girl on Christmas Eve)

If Jin and Sun are the final two of the Oceanic Six....how did Jin get
off the island alive and then apparently die 3 months earlier?

Barbara Bailey

Mar 17, 2008, 11:26:50 AM3/17/08
chris.w...@gmail.com wrote in news:b1e51a0a-97c0-4fde-a736-
1521e3...@n58g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

> Here's the mystery that I can't figure out -
> Jin's date of death is 9/22/04 - but the current date on the ship is
> 12/24/04 (Desmond called his girl on Christmas Eve)
>
> If Jin and Sun are the final two of the Oceanic Six....how did Jin get
> off the island alive and then apparently die 3 months earlier?

The death date is the date of the "crash".

tdciago

Mar 17, 2008, 11:38:52 AM3/17/08
On Mar 17, 11:24�am, chris.water...@gmail.com wrote:
> If Jin and Sun are the final two of the Oceanic Six....

Jin is not one of the Oceanic 6.

Scott Bryce

Mar 17, 2008, 12:02:59 PM3/17/08
tdciago wrote:
> Jin is not one of the Oceanic 6.

In spite of spoilers indicating that he is. It looks like it is Aaron,
not Jin, who completes the Oceanic 6.

cloud dreamer

Mar 17, 2008, 12:27:47 PM3/17/08
chris.w...@gmail.com wrote:

> Here's the mystery that I can't figure out -
> Jin's date of death is 9/22/04 - but the current date on the ship is
> 12/24/04 (Desmond called his girl on Christmas Eve)
>
> If Jin and Sun are the final two of the Oceanic Six....how did Jin get
> off the island alive and then apparently die 3 months earlier?

Jin and Sun are not the final two. Sun is the final O6.

Jack, Kate, Aaron, Hurly, Sayid and Sun.

Six.

Jin is still on the island.

..

--