[Hannity] Laura Ingraham: Left has been trying to impeach Trump since Election Day

Ubiquitous

May 22, 2017, 7:23:57 AM5/22/17
SEAN HANNITY, HOST: Welcome to "Hannity." This is a Fox News Alert.
Major breaking news tonight. The Department of Justice has appointed
former FBI director Robert Mueller as a special counsel to oversee
the investigation into Russian election interference, or possible
interference. Tonight, Laura Ingraham, Mike Huckabee, David
Limbaugh, Geraldo Rivera, Dennis Kucinich, Lou Dobbs are all here
with reaction.

But first, everything we have been telling you since November the
8th has been coming to fruition. And as I explained last night, in
an unprecedented move, five powerful groups are now aligning to take
down President Trump. Their goal is simple. They do not want
President Trump to govern, and they will do anything and say
anything to stop him from enacting the agenda you elected him to
enact. We're going to explain tonight what you can do and how to
fight back, and that's tonight's "Opening Monologue."

All right, so last night, we told you about the five groups that are
aligning to stop President Trump. Now, these groups are, by the way,
all the swamp that needs to be drained. Let me explain.

Number one, you've got the destroy Trump media, perhaps among the
worst. They're bitter, they are hostile, every night constantly
coming up with one bizarre conspiracy theory after another, lie
after lie after lie!

You've got a group number two, the Democrats, totally unhinged. They
still can't get over the fact Donald Trump won and Hillary lost.

Number three, perhaps the most dangerous, the deep state. They're
targeting President Trump by selectively leaking information, true
or not true, almost now on a daily basis. They are at war with the
president of the United States.

Number four, the never-Trumpers, all right, groups like National
Review, The Weekly Standard, and people who never thought or wanted
Donald Trump to win, never thought he could win. Now, they're now
looking to be vindicated. They want relevance once again because
they're so important and they were proven so wrong in 2016.

Number five, establishment Republicans. Now, they're not so much a
danger. They never supported President Trump, never supported his
agenda. And they're now looking for any excuse because they're
afraid of their own shadow. They were always afraid they'd get
blamed for a government shutdown.

But the bottom line is this: Make no mistake about it, these five
groups are directly threatened by President Donald Trump because his
presidency means the destruction of everything they stand for and
the old way of how Washington, D.C., works. Now, if the president
succeeds, it means they fail. They're out of business. So what's
happening? They're doing everything they can possibly do to try and
stop all of that from happening.

Now, let me remind you, now, these are people -- remember? They
openly laughed at, mocked President Trump's candidacy! They thought
it was the funniest thing ever! He can't win. You may remember this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIPS)

SETH MEYERS, WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENTS' DINNER, APRIL 30, 2011:
Donald Trump has been saying that he will run for president as a
Republican, which is surprising because I just assumed he was
running as a joke.

(LAUGHTER)

REP. KEITH ELLISON, D-MINN., "THIS WEEK"/ABC, JULY 26, 2015: We
better be ready for the fact that he might be leading the Republican
ticket.

(LAUGHTER)

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS, CO-HOST: I know you don't believe that, but I
want to go on (INAUDIBLE)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Sorry to laugh.

BILL MAHER, "REAL TIME"/HBO, JUNE 19, 2015: Which Republican
candidate has the best chance of winning the general election?

ANN COULTER, CONSERVATIVE COMMENTATOR: Of the declared ones right
now? Donald Trump.

(LAUGHTER)

(END VIDEO CLIPS)

HANNITY: He can't win! It's the funniest thing ever!

Then you remember election night? I remember election night well. I
was sitting in my bed, literally tuning channel to channel to
channel. After Donald Trump won, all across the television dial, it
was a funeral. They couldn't believe it. It was shock and awe!
Remember this?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIPS FROM NOV. 9, 2016)

LAWRENCE O'DONNELL, MSNBC: America is crying tonight. I'm not sure
how much of America, but a very, very significant portion. And I
mean literally crying. This is a sadness. It is a mourning moment
for those people. And it is a moment filled with fear, filled with
fear.

RACHEL MADDOW, MSNBC: Our country is about to face some serious
crises. And so buckle up, your country needs you.

VAN JONES, CNN: This was a whitelash. This was a whitelash against a
changing country. It was a whitelash against a black president in
part, and that's the part where the pain comes.

(END VIDEO CLIPS)

HANNITY: Ah, now that shock has given way to anger and real
bitterness on their part. And since that day, they have now been
relentlessly pushing bizarre tinfoil hat conspiracy theories, lies,
all in an attempt to take down President Trump. Don't believe me?
We've got the videotape all for you.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIPS)

O'DONNELL, APRIL 7: Wouldn't it be nice if it was just completely,
totally, absolutely impossible to suspect that Vladimir Putin
orchestrated what happened in Syria this week so that his friend in
the White House could have a big night with missiles and all of the
praise he's picked up over the last 24 hours? Wouldn't it be so nice
if you couldn't even in your wildest dreams imagine a scenario like
that?

CHRIS MATTHEWS, MARCH 22: I'll say it again. This Russian connection
just keeps building, and every time it builds and expands, you have
to wonder if Trump himself isn't worried about's swirling around
under the covers.

ANDERSON COOPER, MARCH 20: CNN has learned new details of the FBI
investigation into potential links between individuals associated
with the Trump campaign and the Russian government.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE, MARCH 5, ON NBC NEWS: Specifically, Willie, I
think what it means is that a federal judge found that people in
Trump's organization were colluding with the Russians.

(END VIDEO CLIPS)

HANNITY: See what's happening? They're moving (ph) breathlessly, and
I mean breathlessly, the hysteria on television every day and night.
They're going from one manufactured scandal to the next manufactured
scandal to the next lie, and they're creating feeding frenzies all
in the hopes their smears, lies, attacks are going to stick and lead
to President Trump's downfall.

Now, just look at the Trump-hating Washington Post story saying that
President Trump gave the Russian foreign minister and ambassador
classified information while they were visiting the White House last
week. OK, it was denied by the Trump administration officials who
were actually in the room. But they have their sources, outside
sources and sources formerly in the administration and sources from
Mars, apparently.

And that's only one of three stories The Washington Post has gotten
wrong in just the past two weeks. Now, The Washington Post, just
like the rest of the destroy Trump media, has no credibility. And
it's why our friend Newt Gingrich has very wisely said and is now
saying he is, quote, "personally offended" by the American news
media and that they're, quote, "disgusting and destructive."

That's the only way to describe it. The former speaker is right. And
it goes along with every single thing that we have been saying on
this show. And now, predictably, this destroy Trump alliance --
they're wetting their pants over The New York Times report that
cites a memo, James Comey, claiming that President Trump asked the
now former, fired, disgruntled, failed FBI director to end the
investigation into Lieutenant General Michael Flynn. He took notes.
After all, it's his word against Trump's, but the media is believing
him and believing what he's saying.

Now, you got the predictably deranged Democrats, they're unhinged
allies. They're not wasting this opportunity. They're now calling
for President Trump's impeachment, and they know no facts. Don't
believe me? Here's your honest media at work lying to you as usual.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIPS)

REP. AL GREEN, D-TEXAS: I rise today, Mr. Speaker, to call for the
impeachment of the president of the United States of America for
obstruction of justice.

WOLF BLITZER, CNN: Are we getting closer and closer to the
possibility of yet another impeachment process?

DAVID GERGEN, FORMER PRESIDENTIAL ADVISER, ON CNN: After watching
the Clinton impeachment, I thought I'd never see another one, but I
think we're in impeachment territory now for the first time.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE ON MSNBC: We are well on our way to impeachment
because I think there's a clear set of facts that show obstruction
of justice.

MADDOW: This is heading toward the end, right? It has to be, right?
It feels that way.

(END VIDEO CLIPS)

HANNITY: No, actually, wrong, in spite of all the foaming at the
mouth because the media and the Democrats think this is their
chance, they've got to get the president now while they've got time!

Now, unlike the Democrats and the destroy Trump media and their
running-wild conspiracy theories, here on this program, we actually
care about truth and about facts and about reality. Donald Trump is
not getting impeached over the James Comey deal.

Now, as we explained in great detail on Monday, James Comey deserved
to be fired. He wasn't the so-called champion of truth. He was an
utter and complete failure. He was a national embarrassment. His
conduct was shameful.

We explained how he disrespected the Constitution, the rule of law,
equal justice under the law for every American, how he created a
two-tiered justice system, one for Bill and Hillary Clinton and one
for the rest of us. Now, Comey himself laid out the case against
Hillary Clinton committing felony after felony with her private
email server and explained how she broke several laws with her,
quote, "extremely careless" behavior. Remember, the standard is
grossly mismanaged, grossly inappropriate, gross negligence. That's
the standard legally. Take a look.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP, JULY 5, 2016)

JAMES COMEY, FBI DIRECTOR: From the group of 30,000 emails returned
to the State Department in 2014, 110 emails in 52 email chains have
been determined by the owning agency to contain classified
information at the time they were sent or received.

Eight of those chains contained information that was top-secret at
the time they were sent. Thirty-six of those chains contained secret
information at the time, and eight contained confidential
information at the time. That's the lowest level of classification.

Separate from those, about 2,000 additional emails were up-
classified to make them confidential. Those e-mails had not been
classified at the time that they were sent...

(END VIDEO CLIP)

HANNITY: He described felonies! But then guess what? Comey played
politics. He gives Hillary Clinton a free pass! Remember Christian
Saucier? He got a full year of prison. He took pictures inside a
submarine he was working on and serving on.

Now, the same goes for the Clinton Foundation. Remember Peter
Schweizer? He exposed the pay-to-play schemes at the foundation and
the extremely suspicious Uranium One deal. Remember? Hillary Clinton
herself gave a waiver that allowed 20 percent of American uranium to
go to Vladimir Putin, the real Russian connection.

The Clintons stuffed their pockets with millions and millions and
millions of dollars while she was serving as secretary of state. And
Comey didn't and think it was important enough to even investigate.

Then, of course, we all care about the Constitution, our 4th
Amendment privacy rights. Well, we know the Obama administration,
during a campaign season, 600 percent increase that they surveilled,
unmasked and leaked then the name of Lieutenant General Michael
Flynn. That's a felony! That's violation of the Espionage Act! In
fact, it's the only crime we actually know was committed in this
whole Russia conspiracy theory, and the media never talks about it.

Now, Comey once again had a reason to act, and he didn't act. Now,
James Comey didn't do his job. He got fired. Now he's a bitter
partisan and he's out for blood! He's a disgruntled, fired ex-
employee, and frankly, anything he has to say for himself in a memo
-- well, first, it's his word versus Trump's, but it's meaningless!

Donald Trump's not getting impeached over this. And it's only a
matter of time. What did I say the day after he got fired? Comey
will get a multi- million dollar book deal, a movie, a miniseries,
primetime special, Diane Sawyer, or maybe even George
Stephanopoulos. Why not go totally in for the Clintons? And probably
an MSNBC contributor-ship. Now, he wants be booked on Rachel Maddow,
Steve Colbert, Bill Maher, the biggest Trump haters in the country.

Now, if James Comey's so concerned about this dinner with the
president, why didn't James Comey immediately go to the Department
of Justice and sound the alarm? By the way, he had a legal
obligation to do so. As my colleague, Greg Jarrett, pointed out,
Comey may have, in fact, broken two laws by not coming forward if he
thought this was an attempt at obstruction of justice.

Look at 18 U.S. Code 4. "Whoever having knowledge of the actual
commission of a felony cognizable (ph) by a court of the United
States conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same
to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under
the United States shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not
more than three years or both." Oh, three years.

And according to 28 U.S. Code 13.61, "The district courts shall have
original jurisdiction of any action in the nature of mandamus to
compel an officer or employee of the United States or any agency
thereof to perform a duty owed to the plaintiff."

And why last week during a congressional hearing did the acting FBI
Director Andrew McCabe, say this?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP, MAY 11)

SEN. MARCO RUBIO, R-FLA.: I think the American people want to know,
has the dismissal of Mr. Comey in any way impeded, interrupted,
stopped, or negatively impacted any of the work, any investigation
or any ongoing projects at the Federal Bureau of Investigation?

ANDREW MCCABE, ACTING FBI DIRECTOR: The work, the men and women of
the FBI continues despite any changes in circumstance, any
decisions. so there has been no effort to impede our investigation
to date.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

HANNITY: This is so important. This Comey story is just part of the
larger puzzle tonight. And this is where I want you to really pay
really close attention. It is another piece. You got these five
powerful groups actively trying to take down a sitting United States
president. These five forces are trying to create enough confusion
and doubt through their innuendo because they're trying at the very
least to stop President Trump from doing the job that he promised
you he would do. Now, they want to keep the current system perfectly
intact because that's where they maintain their own power!

So many of you are writing me. You are worried about the theatrics,
the hysteria in the media. You're worried about the Democrats
calling for impeachment. You're worried about the deep state and the
leaking. You're worried about never-Trumpers that now they're
feeling vindication and relevancy again that I told you about.

You know, I often say on my radio show and in life, let not your
heart be troubled. Here's my advice to you tonight. It's time for
you to stand up and fight. You voted for the economy -- you voted
for the economy and the plan to grow the economy to get people off
of poverty, out of food stamps and back in the labor force and get
the home ownership rate at a 51-year low back up again.

You voted for all of those things, lower taxes, seven brackets to
three. You voted for extreme venting. You voted for ObamaCare
repealing and replacing. It's happening. You voted for a stronger
posture to defeat ISIS. You voted for a much stronger military. And
more importantly, you voted to drain the swamp.

Here's my advice to you. If you voted, if this was your dream for
America in November, stop wringing your hands. Start fighting for
the things that you voted for. This is a real clear threat to what
you wanted in November.

Get engaged. This battle is now being fought for the hearts and
minds of the American people. Losing can't be an option.

And coming up, Laura Ingraham joins us next with reaction to
tonight's monologue. And also tonight...

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

DONALD TRUMP, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES: No politician in
history -- and I say this with great surety -- has been treated
worse or more unfairly.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

HANNITY: We have been saying this on this show for months. There is
an effort to destroy Donald Trump's presidency.

And also tonight, breaking news. Former FBI director Robert Mueller
has been appointed as a special counsel to oversee the, quote,
"Russia" investigation. Maybe we'll get some answers. We'll get
reaction from Geraldo Rivera, David Limbaugh.

And also tonight, former Congressman Dennis Kucinich is saying about
the deep state, sounding the alarm that people in that community are
trying to take down the president. Finally, a Democrat willing to
address the deep state intelligence leaking. He'll join us, along
with Governor Mike Huckabee, straight ahead.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

HANNITY: This is a Fox News Alert. The Department of Justice has
named former FBI director Robert Mueller as a special counsel to
oversee the bureau's investigation into so-called Russian
interference in the election. We're going to have analysis to this
breaking news, our legal panel coming up.

But first, joining us with reaction to my "Opening Monologue,"
editor-in- chief, Lifezette, and Fox News contributor, also
nationally syndicated radio talk show host Laura Ingraham.

You know, I don't feel -- do you agree on the five alliance people,
that they're really trying to destroy the president?

LAURA INGRAHAM, FOX NEWS CONTRIBUTOR: Absolutely. I was -- while I
was listening to you, I did a few quick cursory searches going back
to November, and it was basically within a week of Donald Trump
winning the presidency, when everyone was shocked -- I'm so glad you
played those old clips of the ashen faces of the reporters -- that
the left began to write about and urge possibilities toward
impeachment.

This is something they had in mind ever since they got hit with a
two-by- four on election night. And they will continue to work fast
and furious toward this goal of not only resisting the Trump agenda,
but they hope to humiliate him, destroy him, and then destroy along
with him the conservative populist agenda that he ran on that, you
know, obviously, stood for strong borders, no amnesty, getting rid
of those bad trade deals, less of a -- you know, a global policeman
role for the United States.

A lot of people are really threatened by that agenda. So I'm so glad
you raise that. That's a -- that's something we should talk about
here because no serious person thinks that Donald Trump obstructed
justice in a conversation with Comey because if he did, Comey
thought he did, Comey would have reported it, as is his legal duty,
as you pointed out in your monologue. That's Comey's legal duty to
do. He didn't. And the investigation was not obstructed. So That's
all preposterous.

Under Article 2, the president has a duty and a right to oversee the
FBI, and you know, they properly delegate the law enforcement to the
FBI and try to insulate it from politics. But that's not to curb the
president's Article 2 authority over the FBI. So if he wants to meet
with the FBI and give his opinion or even talk about his hopes, if
indeed, he said that, he has every right to do so.

HANNITY: Yes, no, it's interesting that James Comey may have
committed a crime if he thought he was attempting to obstruct
justice. Apparently, he didn't take it now. Even if he did think it,
he doesn't think it now because we're reminding him of the law.
Apparently, he didn't know laws about that Hillary Clinton had
broken. So I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't know this one.

Look, he's bitter. He'll have his book deal, movie, miniseries,
Diane Sawyer. That's all coming.

Here's my next question. The Washington Post -- let's go back to
that story for just a second here because there's a feeding frenzy a
day now and The Washington -- He leaked intelligence! Nobody cared
about Hillary. But more importantly, The Washington Post last week
got two big stories wrong about the deputy attorney general
threatening to quit. He said, No, I never threatened to quit, and
James Comey asking for more money...

INGRAHAM: Yes, Paul (ph), Paul (ph).

HANNITY: We got plenty of money. We don't need the money. How do
people see the headline, they're wrong all the time, they cheered
this week when they got such a response to this...

INGRAHAM: Oh, so transparent.

HANNITY: ... story. How do they get away with getting, quote --
quoted everywhere and hysteria on TV?

INGRAHAM: I've got to say, Sean, remember when Donald Trump talked
about the Bezos media, Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com...

HANNITY: Yes.

INGRAHAM: ... committed liberal, when he bought The Washington Post,
we all expected The Post, which is already pretty left-wing, to move
even further left. And now it's just an extension of the DNC. For
the most part, and The New York Times might be a little better, and
they have some good reporters at both places. I'm not trying to
besmirch the reputation of all reporters.

But on some of this stuff, it is so irresponsibly reported, and
taking so many anonymous sources with literally no accountability,
and it seems like an axe to grind. There never is any question of
the motivations of these leakers. And they -- over at The New York
Times, Sean, they're willing to go with a story about a memo they
haven't even seen! Who's talking about those journalistic elements?

HANNITY: Oh, I'm sure it exists. Memo to self, oh, Donald Trump said
this.

INGRAHAM: Yes, never self-serving, though! No one ever writes self-
serving memos!

HANNITY: No. Oh, yes, make him look -- again, he should have told
the Justice Department if he thought he was attempting to obstruct
justice.

Let me pick your legal mind here. With all the hysteria -- I mean,
it's breathless reporting, and all the media -- I think we're the
only rational, sane people now, which, by the way, will drive them
crazy to hear me say that.

INGRAHAM: Yes. Yes.

HANNITY: But here's my point. Putting your legal hat on for just a
second -- there's nothing here, legally, nothing. But...

INGRAHAM: Oh, I know. I'm, you're right. I mean...

HANNITY: So what is the net effect of this? My argument...

INGRAHAM: Well, again, it's not about -- I don't think most serious
legal scholars or commentators believe any crime was committed.
Remember, with impeachment, the crime is whatever -- or the conduct
is whatever Congress decides it is. It doesn't have to be a crime.
They can be -- it can be whatever Congress decides it's going to be
at that moment. So that's number one.

Number two, what they want to do is stop this agenda. So if they can
call his integrity into question -- and I'm not saying Donald Trump
has not made mistakes. I think he has made some mistakes in judgment
and on some occasions, been poorly served by the staff.

But if they can nick up and cut up his judgment, his integrity, his
credibility, they believe that they'll scare these pusillanimous
Republicans who -- and who need to grow a spine -- they'll scare
them into this perpetual defensive crouch. They won't push tax
reform. They won't do health care reform. The won't do the
renegotiation of NAFTA. They won't do any of that because they're
waiting for the other shoe to drop. That's what the Democrats are
counting on, Sean. And when you have people like John McCain, who
shamelessly went out and mentioned Watergate, it is -- when you see
someone like McCain do that, you wonder why -- you know, we don't
even need a Chuck Schumer if we have John McCain. And then others,
like Justin Amash, congressman who actually is a good guy and a
conservative guy. What is he doing? What is he mentioning
impeachment for?

HANNITY: I know.

INGRAHAM: It's -- it's...

HANNITY: He hated Trump from the beginning.

INGRAHAM: There's a level -- I'm going to be really -- not crude,
not crude, but not so nice here. It is a level of stupidity and
defensiveness that you never see the Democrats acting defensive.
They all stay together and they all defend their people and their
positions. But Republicans are the first ones to turn tail and run
when any -- when a New York Times reporter comes a'knocking. It's
really reprehensible.

HANNITY: Well said. Laura Ingraham, appreciate it, as always. Thanks
for being with us.

And coming up, former FBI director Robert Mueller has been appointed
special counsel to oversee the so-called Russian investigation.
Remember, it didn't impact one vote! Geraldo Rivera, David Limbaugh
weigh in on that breaking news.

And also tonight, former congressman Dennis Kucinich sounding the
alarm about the deep state and leaks coming from the intelligence
community and what a threat it is to our democratic republic! He'll
join us, along with Governor Mike Huckabee.

And later, Lou Dobbs is here with powerful reaction to our "Fake
News Roundup," our new segment, straight ahead.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

ED HENRY, FOX NEWS CORRESPONDENT: This is a Fox News Alert. I'm Ed
Henry on the North Lawn of the White House where President Trump and
his top aides late today were surprised with news from the Justice
Department that a special counsel is being named to investigate
Russian interference in the last election. You see them right there,
Robert Mueller, the former FBI director who preceded James Comey in
that job, has been selected to lead this investigation.

President Trump, though, repeated what he has said for many months,
that there is nothing to this investigation, saying, quote, "As I
have stated many times, a thorough investigation will confirm what
we already know. There was no collusion between my campaign and any
foreign entity. I look forward to this matter concluding quickly. In
the meantime I will never stop fighting for the people and the
issues that matter most to the future of our country."

Of course, the danger with an investigation like this, as we saw
with Ken Starr in the Clinton years, that it can start out as one
thing and grow into something else.

I'd Ed Henry at the White House, and now back to Sean Hannity and
"Hannity."

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: Look at the way I've been treated lately,
especially by the media. No politician in history -- and I say this
with great surety -- has been treated worse or more unfairly.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

HANNITY: President Trump speaking earlier today. And also tonight,
new developments, we're learning the Deputy Attorney General Rod
Rosenstein has appointed former FBI director Robert Mueller, he's
now been appointed to oversee the FBI's investigation into Russia
meddling into the 2016 election. Remember, they told us it didn't
impact one vote. What impact did they have? We should know.

Joining us now, Fox News correspondent at large, also an attorney,
Geraldo Rivera, and the author of The New York Times bestselling
book, it's like his ninth bestseller, "The True Jesus, Uncovering
the Divinity of Christ in the Gospels," David Limbaugh. All right,
let's go to both of you. I think this is a good thing. They've been
clamoring for it, let them get it. We know it didn't impact the
election, not one vote, we've been told repeatedly. Let's get to the
bottom of it, game on, let's go.

DAVID LIMBAUGH, "THE TRUE JESUS" AUTHOR: Well, the appointment of
this special prosecutor looks like a CYA move. They know there's
nothing there. The DOJ knows that there's nothing there. There's
been no evidence at all of any collusion. And so appointing him may
tamp down some of the allegations of impropriety, the
interrelationship between Trump interfering with the investigation
and all that. So it gives them some distance. I think it might hurt
a little bit politically, but we don't know who ordered it.

HANNITY: Why does it hurt politically to say were going to get to
the bottom of it fairly and objectively?

LIMBAUGH: What I mean by that, no, that immediately doesn't. That
helps politically. It just fuels the Democratic fire. There's
nothing here, and yet we add another layer that lends credence to
it. I'm not saying we shouldn't have done it --

HANNITY: In my case, he needs to govern, and this breathless
hysteria that is existing and the deep state leaks, it's hurting his
ability to do his job.

GERALDO RIVERA, FOX NEWS SENIOR CORRESPONDENT: I totally agree. I
have a slightly different take than David does. I think this shifts
focus from the Senate and the House, which are now hotbeds of
covering your backside, to the FBI's investigation. We have a much
more prudent organization now in charge.

And this guy Mueller is an inspired choice. Remember, he was the FBI
director from 9/11 on. He's the one who helped fashion the FBI into
a counterterrorism organization with much more vaunted abilities in
terms of foreign security, national security. I think that he is
untouched by politics as far as I know. He's unimpeachable in many
ways. I think that this will help depoliticize the investigation.
And if there is no there there, as there has not been any there
there proven yet, I think he's exactly to guy to find the truth.

LIMBAUGH: I agree with what you're saying. I don't disagree with
either you or Sean on the political aspects of that. Remove it, get
some distance. But guess who is the most unimpeachable guy
character-wise in the history of the universe -- Ken Starr, and they
destroyed him. I'm not saying they will do that to Mueller. But
still --

RIVERA: He had to do it. He really --

HANNITY: It wasn't him.

RIVERA: It wasn't him. It was the acting a.g. there. But I think
what we had to do was restore confidence. We know so far zero
evidence of collusion. So unlike Watergate, there is no crime at the
heart of this. But when you see people starting to tell stories out
of school, or I taped this, or inappropriate --

HANNITY: You're about to hate me. I've got a question. Can we open
up the Uranium One deal, the real Russia collusion story? And
Hillary signs off on 20 percent of our uranium going to Putin, and
all the people involved in the deal sent millions to the foundation,
can we look into that too?

RIVERA: I think this has gone too far for --

HANNITY: So the answer is no. You're telling me no, Hannity. That's
not a talking point.

RIVERA: I believe that what goes around comes around. A lot of the
bitterness that exists now towards Donald Trump in Washington, D.C.,
has to do with the fact that nobody expected him to win, so election
2016 is the prime cause of what we are seeing. And also Benghazi,
Benghazi was dragged out on a lot of very reckless things were said
about Hillary Clinton and others. And I think that this is in many
ways karma, but it's karma with revenge tinted in. But now Mueller
can clear Donald Trump. That's the key thing. Remember, you can't
assume because he is a special prosecutor that he's going to find
something. I do agree with David that sometimes these have a life of
their own.

HANNITY: He's right.

RIVERA: Ken Starr didn't start to impeach Bill Clinton.

HANNITY: It's 40 years, $40 million, I think we remember that, and
the blue dress, and right, Betty, I remember it all. It's a special
counsel, not a special prosecutor.

So my last question for you, I think 20 percent of America's uranium
going to Vladimir Putin is a big deal. That's Russian collusion and
money in their pocket.

LIMBAUGH: Yes, and I want to make a point about this. People who are
upset with conservatives who are defending Trump seem to think that
we can't defend Trump without being a cheerleader and that we're
always pointing out Democratic hypocrisy. But this is more than
Democratic hypocrisy. This is Democratic wrongdoing, and they are
affecting the best interests of the country. By making these
fraudulent allegations about Russia collusion, they are hurting the
country, they are undermining election results. And that's a
separate wrong. I can say, Sean, I'm disappointed with the way Trump
handled certain things, he shouldn't tweet certain things. But I
also want to talk about how bad the Democrats -- what the Democrats
are doing and how terrible that is.

HANNITY: This is good to be interesting, and you know what, I think
we're on the right path here. I do. And again, they told us it
didn't impact one vote. Let's see what they got. It's time to put up
or shut up. All right, guys, good to see you both, appreciate it.

When we come back, you're not going to believe that, a former
Democratic congressman, Dennis Kucinich, says, yes, the deep state,
people inside the intelligence community are trying to destroy the
president. He'll join us next along with Governor Mike Huckabee. And
also tonight --

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

LOU DOBBS, FOX BUSINESS NETWORK: The determined the forces of evil
that surround this White House are trying to destroy the Trump
presidency and will settle, it appears, for nothing less. This is a
war, damn it, so get to war.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

HANNITY: Powerful commentary, Lou Dobbs with a strong message to
Republicans that are weak and feckless and a spineless. He'll be
here and weigh in on that in our fake news roundup segment.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

HANNITY: Welcome to "Hannity," welcome back, that is. Former
Congressman Dennis Kucinich is making major news tonight by saying
the deep state is trying to destroy Donald Trump's presidency. He
joins us now. He's a former Ohio congressman, former mayor of
Cleveland, and Fox News contributor along with former Arkansas
governor, also a Fox News contributor, Mike Huckabee. How bad is
this, former Congress Kucinich?

DENNIS KUCINICH, FORMER CONGRESSMAN AND PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE:
Well, you have politicization of the agencies that is resulting in
leaks from anonymous, unknown people, and the intention is to take
on a president. This is very dangerous to America. It's a threat to
our republic. It constitutes a clear and present danger to our way
of life.

So we have to be asking, what is the motive of these people? Who's
putting these leaks out? Why doesn't somebody come forward and make
a charge and put their name and their reputation behind it instead
of attacking through the media and not substantiating their
position?

HANNITY: Sir, you agree with me, this is a real danger when you have
the intelligence community in the election season under the guise of
national security that are spying on an opposition party candidate
and transition team at a 600 percent increase rate from the years
prior to the election season.

KUCINICH: Well, we have to remember this -- our first allegiance is
to our country. This isn't about one president. This is about the
political process of the United States of America being under attack
by intelligence agencies and individuals in those agencies, as you
said, there might be some good people in there, but there are
certain individuals who are lifers who want to be able to direct the
policy of the country. And if a president stands in their way
whether it's a Democrat or Republican --

HANNITY: Let me just repeat what you said. You're saying President
Trump is under attack by the deep state intelligence community. Fair
statement?

KUCINICH: I believe that. Not only that, Sean, but it has to be
pointed out in October of 2016, that same deep state overrode the
decision of President Obama and Secretary Kerry to come to an
agreement with Russia in a ceasefire in Syria. They overrode it and
launched an attack against the Syrian military base. So this is a
problem in our country. We have to protect our nation here. People
have to be aware of what's going on. We've got to stand up for
America now.

This isn't about Democrat, Republican. This is about getting what's
going on in the moment and understanding that our country itself is
under attack from within.

HANNITY: Wow. Governor Huckabee?

MIKE HUCKABEE, FORMER ARKANSAS GOVERNOR: First of all, I want to say
thanks to congressman Kucinich for having the courage as a Democrat
to speak truth rather than just to speak party politics.

But we hear a lot of these commentators talking about a
constitutional crisis, and, Sean, we have one. The constitutional
crisis is not what the president has said or done. The
constitutional crisis is unelected, career bureaucrats who are
trying to subvert the person that the voters chose. We have a
constitutional process to remove people. It's called a ballot. And
the only time that this nonsense talk about an impeachment should
even come up is when there is irrefutable evidence that is so
overwhelming that people even in the president's own party would
think that he has to go. And only twice in American history has a
presence been impeached. Neither time was that president convicted.
I think the president, President Trump should come out and say, you
want to impeach me? Knock yourselves out. Go ahead. Put the articles
out there, let's do it, let's end the Democratic Party forever,
because first of all, you're not going to have the votes to have it
even come to an impeachment in the House, and you're never going to
get the votes in the Senate. So if that's what you want to do, just
tell Maxine Waters and tell some of these other people, do it, go
for it, knock yourselves out, make this happen, and make Donald
Trump a martyr and make him the most popular and effective president
that we've had probably in our lifetime.

HANNITY: Well send both of you. I appreciate you both being with us,
very important commentary.

Up next on this busy breaking news night tonight right here on
Hannity.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

STEPHANOPOULOS: The course of Trump's presidency will turn on his
coming public showdown with James Comey. The big question, did
President Trump try to block the FBI's Russia investigation commit
an impeachable offense?

(END VIDEO CLIP)

HANNITY: Yes, George "Clinton" Stephanopoulos, part of the destroy-
Trump media with their breathless, breathless coverage of the Comey
memo and the special prosecutor, our fake news roundup coming next.
Lou Dobbs also here tonight.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

HANNITY: Welcome back to "Hannity." Time for tonight's fake news
roundup featuring all the usual suspects, at the same time their
favorite tactics, including calls for President Trump's impeachment,
questions over his competency. Here's your fake news roundup.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The course of Trump's presidency will turn on his
public showdown with James Comey. The big question, did President
Trump try to block the FBI's Russian investigation commit an
impeachable defense?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: That makes them only want to get to the bottom of
why the president seems to have this fealty, this subservience to
Russia more than to the constitution and the rule of law and justice
in the United States.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: If this man that we are looking at right now ere
the CEO of any Fortune 500 company, the board of directors would
have fired him weeks ago. Donald Trump now sits at the threshold of
impeachment.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

HANNITY: Here with reaction from the Fox Business Network, our
sister network, Lou Dobbs. Before we do anything else, I have
identified five groups of people that want to destroy this
president, and you agree with me -- the media, the Democrats, the
deep state, establishment Republicans that just, they can't fight
over even shutting down the government, and then the never-Trumpers
that want relevancy.

DOBBS: I couldn't agree more.

HANNITY: This is what you said last night in a powerful monologue.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

DOBBS: The determined the forces of evil that surround this White
House are trying to destroy the Trump presidency and will settle, it
appears, for nothing less. This is a war, damn it, so get to war.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

HANNITY: Lou Dobbs, I mentioned my five groups, I think you agree.
If the American people who voted for him want his agenda fulfilled,
that have to go fight for it, because they are trying to kill him
politically.

DOBBS: You're exactly right. And I am most concerned about
everything that's going on. I am most concerned about the millions
of Americans who voted for this man and how much they are willing to
sacrifice and fight for this man, this country, his agenda. And our
destiny right now is in the hands of this president, and we've got
to support him.

And what we are watching is a bunch of RINO Republicans and
establishment Republicans who haven't got the guts to step forward.
And I was so happy to see Paul Ryan.

HANNITY: I was, too, pleasantly surprised.

DOBBS: -- say I have a full confidence in this president, none of
this mealy-mouthed nonsense, standing up tall. That is precisely
what we've been begging for four months.

HANNITY: Listen, the establishment Republicans to me, the last link,
the never-Trumpers are the last link. The three gravest threats of
media breathless reporting, we got him, we got him, every night. The
deep state -- I'm not even worried about the Democrats as much. The
deep state leaking and the media is trying to destroy this man.

DOBBS: And doing so knowing full well that it's nonsense that's
being carried by the national leftwing media. They know, if you
listen to George Stephanopoulos and some of these characters talking
about impeachment, are you kidding me? Even they have a basic
understanding of law, the constitution, and the understanding of the
facts. There is nothing that rises even to the level of obstruction
of justice on the part of this president. He is caring about his
mandate and his responsibilities.

HANNITY: As I said in my opening monologue, if it did rise in
Comey's mind to obstruction of justice, he had a legal
responsibility to go to the Justice Department or he is violating
the law. So clearly he didn't think that, because even if he thought
of, now he doesn't think it's.

DOBBS: And I want to see, Sean, I want to see all of his other
memos. He apparently writes a memo after talking with the president
of the United States. I want to see all of those memos going back
through Mr. Obama. I want to see the Obama-Comey memos. Let's do it
in chronological order from the time Comey took the job under Barack
Obama. We'll start with those memos and then we'll get to the Trump
memos.

HANNITY: I want the memos, but it's his word versus Trump's at the
end of the day, and it's not enough to rise to the level. And if
he's going to admit that he thought it was obstruction of justice,
that means he's admitting to a crime.

DOBBS: Absolutely.

HANNITY: Lou Dobbs, always wanting to back away from a fight, I
really admire that about you. All right, thanks for being with us.

DOBBS: Thanks.

HANNITY: When we come back, our very important, we need your help
with this, seriously, "Question of the Day," straight ahead.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

HANNITY: All right, time for our "Question of the Day." Earlier
today the president said no politician has been treated worse or
more unfairly than him. Do you think? Do you agree with him? We want
to hear from you. Go to Facebook.com/SeanHannity, @SeanHannity on
Twitter, let us know what you think.

That's all the time we have left this evening. Thanks for being with
us. Set your DVR, never miss an episode. Back here tomorrow night.

tomcervo

May 22, 2017, 9:59:22 AM5/22/17