What Did You Watch? 2017-09-15 (Friday)

Ubiquitous

Sep 16, 2017, 6:46:38 AM9/16/17
The day Cassini died, I watched:

TJ HOOKER:
"Vengeance Is Mine". William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy are reunited in
a tale of a detective's quest for revenge against the man who raped his
daughter. Does he overact in reaction to playing Dr Spock?

ANERICAN DAD!:
"Minstrel Krampus". A musical ep featuring Krampus.

AMERICAN DAD!:
"Roger Codger". Roger runs away and befriends an old woman.

FAMILY GUY:
"Wasted Talent". The men of Quahog drink themselves into stupors trying
to win a contest sponsored by the mysterious brewer Pawtucket Pete. The
prize: a tour of his near-mystical brewery (and a lifetime supply of
beer). Meanwhile, Lois, a frustrated pianist who competes vicariously
through the students she teaches, finds one with real promise just
before a big competition.

FAMILY GUY:
"Tom Tucker: The Man and His Dream". After Peter discovers newsman Tom
Tucker once played Jason in a "Friday the 13th" movie, he becomes his
agent and moves to Hollywood. Meanwhile, Chris's new girlfriend bears a
sytonmg resemblence to Louis.

MISSION SATURN:
The remarkable story of Cassini, the biggest interplanetary spacecraft
ever built by NASA, is told. As it makes its fatal dive into Saturn's
atmosphere, it ends 13 years of extraordinary discovery.

What did you watch?

Obveeus

Sep 16, 2017, 7:55:12 AM9/16/17
I watched:

THE QUIET EARTH: A 1985 film about a guy who wakes up one day to find
that he is the LAST MAN ON EARTH. This was certainly better than that
TV series, but there were parts of it that played like a bad TWILIGHT
ZONE episode as the guy got way too weird, way too fast. In the end,
I'm not sure what happened...at least I'm not sure if it was intentional
or not, but it did seem like a happy ending.

BELOW HER MOUTH: A 2016 lesbian porn film (it was in MyList before
Anim8r mentioned it) starring Erika Linder and Natalie Krill (who
constantly reminded me of Eliza Dushku here, but others may recognize
her from WYNONNA EARP or THE LISTENER). This is lesbian porn made by
women, for women; yet it stars a cast of very attractive women and the
sex scenes definitely play out in that over the top porn fashion.
Beyond that, it takes a long time before this film gets to anything more
meaningful that sex scenes and starts exploring the characters (a
repressed lesbian living happily in a heterosexual world and a casual
sex lesbian afraid of long term relationships). I suppose these two
stereotypes are common in the world in which the writer and the director
live, but the biggest fault of this film is in just how quickly both of
these characters abandon their stereotypes. Ultimately, this was an
excellent film for the visuals and a mediocre film for the plotline.

What did you watch?

Michel

Sep 16, 2017, 10:05:02 AM9/16/17
In article <UBI20...@dont-email.me>, web...@polaris.net wrote:

>The day Cassini died, I watched:
>
>TJ HOOKER:
>"Vengeance Is Mine". William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy are reunited in
>a tale of a detective's quest for revenge against the man who raped his
>daughter. Does he overact in reaction to playing Dr Spock?

The guy who plays the Captain must be Karl Malden’s long lost twin or
something. His IMDB profile even makes mention that he’s often mistaken for
him. Also, the criminal in this one looks like the guy who played Spider-Man
in the 70’s TV show.

“You’re pushin’ me, Hooker!” :)

anim8rfsk

Sep 16, 2017, 10:16:25 AM9/16/17
In article <opj3er$o6n$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> I watched:
>
> THE QUIET EARTH: A 1985 film about a guy who wakes up one day to find
> that he is the LAST MAN ON EARTH. This was certainly better than that
> TV series, but there were parts of it that played like a bad TWILIGHT
> ZONE episode as the guy got way too weird, way too fast. In the end,
> I'm not sure what happened...at least I'm not sure if it was intentional
> or not, but it did seem like a happy ending.
>
> BELOW HER MOUTH: A 2016 lesbian porn film (it was in MyList before
> Anim8r mentioned it)

Heh

starring Erika Linder and Natalie Krill (who
> constantly reminded me of Eliza Dushku here,

Okay, it just moved up a slot

but others may recognize
> her from WYNONNA EARP or THE LISTENER).

And now Ian likes it

This is lesbian porn made by
> women, for women; yet it stars a cast of very attractive women and the
> sex scenes definitely play out in that over the top porn fashion.
> Beyond that, it takes a long time before this film gets to anything more
> meaningful that sex scenes and starts exploring the characters (a
> repressed lesbian living happily in a heterosexual world and a casual
> sex lesbian afraid of long term relationships). I suppose these two
> stereotypes are common in the world in which the writer and the director
> live, but the biggest fault of this film is in just how quickly both of
> these characters abandon their stereotypes. Ultimately, this was an
> excellent film for the visuals and a mediocre film for the plotline.

Did they ever explain the title? I keep thinking of those neck openings
on THE STRAIN ...

> What did you watch?

More retro cleaning and a double feature: McHale's Navy and McHale's
Navy (the original and remake theatrical movies). Apparently "Joins the
Air Force" was release on a beautiful Blu-ray but only to metric
countries.

And then I watched PLYMOUTH because it's highly recommended. I babbled
to a non Peach friend as it went:

Me: I'm watching a highly rated failed TV pilot
"Plymouth"

Them: Should it have failed?

Me: small town in Oregon has a radioactive spill, so they have to
evacuate

and they do

to the moon

this seems ... excessive

Them: It IS Oregon.

Me: It's very earnest. Takes itself quite seriously, which makes it
hard to laugh at.

and it has Cindy Pickett

Them: Well....

Me: the moon has earth normal gravity

despite them saying it doesn't and pregnant women have to spend an hour
a day in a centrifuge to get a heapin' helpin' of Earth normal gravity

We have a big new space station halfway to Mars

My question would be: "Why?"

Them: Well...why NOT?
Prolly to mine that umpty-trillion-dollar gold asteroid.

I Swanee...I wanted to tell the Niven crowd that the train is fine.

Me: Asteroids be beyond Mars

and what's 'halfway between earth and mars' anyway?

much of the year it would be the sun

Them: You have already established that science does not matter to the
writers of that show.

Me: my tv group routinely savagely mocks the 'science' on the new TV
show SALVATION

they have a science advisor but he's a total 'tard

Them: Second season Space:1999. That is all.

Me:
heh

Them: So did STTNG

Me:
he writes global warming alarmist articles about how sea ice melting is
going to flood the shorelines

Them: That is SO '70s.

Me:
and idiotic

sea ice melting has zero effect on sea levels

Them: Or was that cooloing...hard to keep up.

Me:
it's a fairly basic and easily probable physics lesson

Them: Iced tea.

Me:
yep

floating ice displaces the same volume that it will once it's melted

Them: Yes.

Popular science has as much worth as 'most anything else that is
"popular".

Except ME, of course....

It's like not recognising that mankind is PART of the ecosystem.

Evolution is great fun, until it gets personal.

Me: Like me not breeding

Them: That, yes.

Me: so the last group of Plymouth refugees has arrived 5 years after
the first

you'd think after 5 years they'd have found another life

you also wouldn't think you'd be shipping the retirement home to the moon

this sounds delightfully awful. I must find it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0393199/

Me: Oh no! A solar flare is coming in! It measures X – 12!

The space miners are out of range of the emergency beacon because they
only have the line of sight communications because, it's the moon

The solar flare will be here in 15 minutes!

Let's not do the math on that.

Them: Oh, let's shall....

Me: Well, the sun is 8 light minutes from earth

So this is approaching add about half the velocity of other
electromagnetic radiation

And what have we got that gives us advance warning of this?

Them: But...but...X-12!!

That means FASTER, right? Like CAT 5?
Right? Huh?

Me: Hee Hee

Them: Telescope?

Me: It's like DEF con seven

Light doesn't get to a telescope any faster than the solar flare gets
here to WAP you upside the face

I wonder if the flare is taking the long way around

Them: I'm thinking like a TV writer. This is hard.

Me: I'm not even sure it's possible

Oh my God

They have a big radiation proof shelter

Them: * grips chair *

Me: That's mostly transparent

And the solar flare is noisy

Me: And they left all their computers running outside the shelter

Because who cares about EMP

Them: Irwin Allen taught us that meteors and comets fly through space
red-hot and roaring!

Me: Sometimes they're green hot

Them: No that's the laser strikes in "Andromeda Strain".

Me: The stun lasers

Them: Yah.

Anti-mousie.

Larfed out loud.

X-12.
Just wow.

Me: I know!

This implies there are at least 288 categories before it

Them: You're hardcore.

I just watched "The Terrornauts" last night.
Rather a fun romp from 1967.

Me: Oh my God

Madre de Dios

The astronauts that were trapped on the surface are sick and returning

How to save time rather than re-pressurize the airlock

They're going to open both doors and let them walk straight in

While the whole fucking city is standing there hanging on the stuff so
they aren't sucked in the space

This is their plan

Me: Maybe they got the outer door closed and opened the inner door
without pressurizing the airlock

That's not quite as stupid although you think there would be all sorts
of emergency overrides to keep you from doing that

Them: At least as hard as microwaving your head.

Them: Did they make it? I am a-quiver with anticipation.

Me: Oh dear. They have a greenhouse so big it has atmosphere and clouds

Them: AQUIVER!!

Me: We're getting the report now

"By and large we got lucky"

One guy is still unconscious, a couple others don't get to go out on the
surface for another six months, the rest need coffee and a week off

I guess radiation poisoning wears off and then you could go have more

Them: WHEW! Wal brand mah barometer!

Me: Oh it turns out she lied

She wants to tell the sick people privately

Jimmy caught too much radiation

One of the guys who was going halfway to Mars

Them: caught!!

Me: She doesn't know if he's going to die because "radiation doesn't
play by any rules"

If there was ever a time to ask for a second opinion

She says that if she gives him everything constant treatment he'll be
dead in a year

I really really don't think they meant that the way it came out

Them: He could always go home, marry a hot redhead, and have her claim
he's half a man.

Me: It's raining in the greenhouse

I didn't get the half a man reference?

Them: Doppelganger

Me: Ah

Them: I've seen it WAY too many times.

Me: God, they let people smoke on the moon

Them: Only after fatal doses of radiation?

Me: Heh

When I don't get is the old guy who just moved there yesterday is now in
charge of the city Council which has decided to make the young rebel who
is no longer going to Mars the new mayor

I hate these people trudging upstairs

Like you wouldn't go boooiiing and land on the upper platform

Them: Politics and bad science. It's 2017 all over again!

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Arthur Lipscomb

Sep 16, 2017, 10:35:40 AM9/16/17
On 9/16/2017 4:55 AM, Obveeus wrote:
> I watched:
>
> THE QUIET EARTH:  A 1985 film about a guy who wakes up one day to find
> that he is the LAST MAN ON EARTH.  This was certainly better than that
> TV series, but there were parts of it that played like a bad TWILIGHT
> ZONE episode as the guy got way too weird, way too fast.  In the end,
> I'm not sure what happened...at least I'm not sure if it was intentional
> or not, but it did seem like a happy ending.

No, it really wasn't a happy ending.

Rirelbar qvrf. Gur znpuvar tbrf bss ntnva jvcvat bhg rirelguvat ryfr.
Mnp fheivirf orpnhfr ur jnf qrnq ng gur zbzrag gur znpuvar jrag bss ohg
jvaqf hc genafcbegrq gb fbzr bgure cynarg/havirefr be jungrire. Guvatf
nera'g tbvat gb raq jryy sbe uvz rvgure jnl.

> What did you watch?

Sleep Hollow - "Child's Play" - For reasons that are never made clear to
me, Molly's drawing of her imaginary friend comes to life and starts
attacking people. I got a good chuckle during one of the monster
attacks when they ran into a house and tried to close the door as the
monster struggled to force the door open. This was absurd because the
door had two huge glass panels that the monster could have easily broken
and walked through or it could have broken and walked through the huge
glass side panel next to the door.

South Park - "White People Renovating Houses" - South Park deals with
protestors carrying Confederate flags and tiki torches by getting them
jobs. Meanwhile Cartman discovers the joys of "Alexa." This was the
season premier, I still have about 4 episodes from the previous season
to finish off.

I Spit on Your Grave III: Vengeance Is Mine (Netflix rental) This is a
sequel to the 2010 remake with Sarah Butler returning to spit on more
graves. After the events of the first movie Sarah joins a therapy group
with other survivors. But since she can't walk down the street or go to
work without every guy she encounters hitting on her or worse, she
decides the men of the world need to be punished and gets all Death Wish
on them. In particular she targets the men who the members of her group
tell her about. Half the time she's getting her vengeance on but the
other half she's just hallucinating getting her vengeance on. It was
really annoying. Something felt really off about this movie. It was as
if they started to make one movie then half way through filming rewrote
the script but used what they originally filmed. Gur svefg unys bs gur
zbivr Fnenu unf n cnegare va pevzr jub fhqqrayl qvfnccrnef. Jr'er gbyq
fur'f qrnq ohg gur qrngu bppheerq bss fperra naq gurl npg nf vs gung
pnhfrf ure gb orpbzr n ivtvynagr ohg fur jnf nyernql nggnpxvat crbcyr
orsber ure sevraq qvfnccrnerq sebz gur zbivr.

Obveeus

Sep 16, 2017, 11:08:46 AM9/16/17

On 9/16/2017 10:16 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <opj3er$o6n$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I watched:

>> BELOW HER MOUTH: A 2016 lesbian porn film (it was in MyList before
>> Anim8r mentioned it)

> Did they ever explain the title?

Nope....no explanation at all for the nonsense title. Maybe it is some
sort of euphemism for oral sex?

> And then I watched PLYMOUTH because it's highly recommended. I babbled
> to a non Peach friend as it went:
>
> Me: I'm watching a highly rated failed TV pilot
> "Plymouth"
>
> Them: Should it have failed?
>
> Me: small town in Oregon has a radioactive spill, so they have to
> evacuate
>
> and they do
>
> to the moon
>
> this seems ... excessive

Agreed...and if people in Oregon have the skills/means to do that,
wouldn't the moon be full of other folks who did it for a variety of
other reasons including vacation?

> Them: It IS Oregon.

I drove through a couple hundred miles of Oregon and never saw anything
interesting...but it was all on the Eastern side.

> Me: It's very earnest. Takes itself quite seriously, which makes it
> hard to laugh at.

Seems like that might make it easier to laugh at.

> Me: the moon has earth normal gravity
>
> despite them saying it doesn't and pregnant women have to spend an hour
> a day in a centrifuge to get a heapin' helpin' of Earth normal gravity

So, they go out of their way to get stretch marks?

> We have a big new space station halfway to Mars
>
> My question would be: "Why?"

Same reason that the Midway Islands came in handy way back when?

> Them: Well...why NOT?
> Prolly to mine that umpty-trillion-dollar gold asteroid.
>
> I Swanee...I wanted to tell the Niven crowd that the train is fine.
>
> Me: Asteroids be beyond Mars
>
> and what's 'halfway between earth and mars' anyway?

A shiny new space station.

> much of the year it would be the sun

Good point. It would be very hard to get a space station to
conveniently be in the right location for a 'half way' trip between two
object rotating around the sun when one of those objects takes twice as
long to make the trip as the other.

> Them: You have already established that science does not matter to the
> writers of that show.

I think that the writers probably looked at one of those diagrams like this:
http://www.astrologyforthesoul.com/vedicastrology/graphicsnew/PlanetsDiagram.gif

...and never thought about motion.

> this sounds delightfully awful. I must find it.
>
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0393199/

or this:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102681

That one you linked to has an IMDB score that only ian could love.

> And the solar flare is noisy

Solar wind blowing noises?

> Me: And they left all their computers running outside the shelter
>
> Because who cares about EMP

EMP kills stuff that is turned off as well...unless the part is also
uninstalled. Didn't we learn that on some other show about autoparts
still on the shelf?

> "By and large we got lucky"
>
> One guy is still unconscious, a couple others don't get to go out on the
> surface for another six months, the rest need coffee and a week off
>
> I guess radiation poisoning wears off and then you could go have more

People used to take radiation pills as a health aid, so the stuff can't
be that bad for you.

> I hate these people trudging upstairs
>
> Like you wouldn't go boooiiing and land on the upper platform

boooiiing won't work on a version of the moon where everyone but
pregnant women are living in Earth normal gravity.

> Them: Politics and bad science. It's 2017 all over again!

hee hee

Obveeus

Sep 16, 2017, 11:11:40 AM9/16/17

On 9/16/2017 10:35 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
> On 9/16/2017 4:55 AM, Obveeus wrote:
>> I watched:
>>
>> THE QUIET EARTH:  A 1985 film about a guy who wakes up one day to find
>> that he is the LAST MAN ON EARTH.  This was certainly better than that
>> TV series, but there were parts of it that played like a bad TWILIGHT
>> ZONE episode as the guy got way too weird, way too fast.  In the end,
>> I'm not sure what happened...at least I'm not sure if it was
>> intentional or not, but it did seem like a happy ending.
>>

> No, it really wasn't a happy ending.
>
> Rirelbar qvrf.  Gur znpuvar tbrf bss ntnva jvcvat bhg rirelguvat ryfr.
> Mnp fheivirf orpnhfr ur jnf qrnq ng gur zbzrag gur znpuvar jrag bss ohg
> jvaqf hc genafcbegrq gb fbzr bgure cynarg/havirefr be jungrire.  Guvatf
> nera'g tbvat gb raq jryy sbe uvz rvgure jnl.

Rknpgyl...n unccl raqvat jurer ur svanyyl tbg njnl sebz gubfr bgure
ybfref naq unf n avpr cynpr nyy gb uvzfrys. Lbh qba'g guvax gung jnf
uvf cyna naq gur rknpg ernfba ur xvyyrq uvzfrys whfg nf gur frpbaq
'rirag' bppheerq?

suzeeq

Sep 16, 2017, 11:19:58 AM9/16/17
Oh yes, there's nothing but sagebrush over there. West of the Cascades
is much more interesting.

anim8rfsk

Sep 16, 2017, 11:34:41 AM9/16/17
In article <opjepq$78v$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 9/16/2017 10:16 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <opj3er$o6n$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I watched:
>
> >> BELOW HER MOUTH: A 2016 lesbian porn film (it was in MyList before
> >> Anim8r mentioned it)
>
> > Did they ever explain the title?
>
> Nope....no explanation at all for the nonsense title. Maybe it is some
> sort of euphemism for oral sex?

Lots of people have asked the same question. The Google search auto
filled it in! The closest I came to an answer was "It means just what
you think it does"

> > And then I watched PLYMOUTH because it's highly recommended. I babbled
> > to a non Peach friend as it went:
> >
> > Me: I'm watching a highly rated failed TV pilot
> > "Plymouth"
> >
> > Them: Should it have failed?
> >
> > Me: small town in Oregon has a radioactive spill, so they have to
> > evacuate
> >
> > and they do
> >
> > to the moon
> >
> > this seems ... excessive
>
> Agreed...and if people in Oregon have the skills/means to do that,
> wouldn't the moon be full of other folks who did it for a variety of
> other reasons including vacation?

The company that poisoned their town for the next several centuries had
an abandoned lunar colony sitting up there, and offered them a trade.
Like these are people I'd trust ...

> > Them: It IS Oregon.
>
> I drove through a couple hundred miles of Oregon and never saw anything
> interesting...but it was all on the Eastern side.
>
> > Me: It's very earnest. Takes itself quite seriously, which makes it
> > hard to laugh at.
>
> Seems like that might make it easier to laugh at.
>
> > Me: the moon has earth normal gravity
> >
> > despite them saying it doesn't and pregnant women have to spend an hour
> > a day in a centrifuge to get a heapin' helpin' of Earth normal gravity
>
> So, they go out of their way to get stretch marks?
>
> > We have a big new space station halfway to Mars
> >
> > My question would be: "Why?"
>
> Same reason that the Midway Islands came in handy way back when?

LOL, not exactly

> > Them: Well...why NOT?
> > Prolly to mine that umpty-trillion-dollar gold asteroid.
> >
> > I Swanee...I wanted to tell the Niven crowd that the train is fine.
> >
> > Me: Asteroids be beyond Mars
> >
> > and what's 'halfway between earth and mars' anyway?
>
> A shiny new space station.

heh

> > much of the year it would be the sun
>
> Good point. It would be very hard to get a space station to
> conveniently be in the right location for a 'half way' trip between two
> object rotating around the sun when one of those objects takes twice as
> long to make the trip as the other.
>
> > Them: You have already established that science does not matter to the
> > writers of that show.
>
> I think that the writers probably looked at one of those diagrams like this:
> http://www.astrologyforthesoul.com/vedicastrology/graphicsnew/PlanetsDiagram.g
> if
>
> ...and never thought about motion.

Ah, astrology ...

> > this sounds delightfully awful. I must find it.
> >
> > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0393199/
>
> or this:
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102681
>
> That one you linked to has an IMDB score that only ian could love.

Yep

> > And the solar flare is noisy
>
> Solar wind blowing noises?
>
> > Me: And they left all their computers running outside the shelter
> >
> > Because who cares about EMP
>
> EMP kills stuff that is turned off as well...unless the part is also
> uninstalled. Didn't we learn that on some other show about autoparts
> still on the shelf?

Yeah. I'm not really sure why EMP would kill solenoids anyway. Or why
you couldn't carry them in the trunk of your car.

> > "By and large we got lucky"
> >
> > One guy is still unconscious, a couple others don't get to go out on the
> > surface for another six months, the rest need coffee and a week off
> >
> > I guess radiation poisoning wears off and then you could go have more
>
> People used to take radiation pills as a health aid, so the stuff can't
> be that bad for you.
>

> > I hate these people trudging upstairs
> >
> > Like you wouldn't go boooiiing and land on the upper platform
>
> boooiiing won't work on a version of the moon where everyone but
> pregnant women are living in Earth normal gravity.

It was basically a spinning table with her head 6" from the center of
rotation and her feet 6' away, which can't be good for you - I have no
idea what part of her is under Earth normal gravity (presumably the
fetus) but the 'gravity' on her feet is *way* higher than it is on her
head.

> > Them: Politics and bad science. It's 2017 all over again!
>
> hee hee

:)

Arthur Lipscomb

Sep 16, 2017, 11:45:07 AM9/16/17
LOL! I never thought of it that way.

Dimensional Traveler

Sep 16, 2017, 12:00:05 PM9/16/17
There was the Tom Cruise War of the Worlds where you could undo all the
Martian EMP damage to your car by putting a new solenoid in.

instinct are running screaming.

anim8rfsk

Sep 16, 2017, 2:11:11 PM9/16/17
In article <opjhq0$r1m$1...@dont-email.me>,
Yep, that's what we were obliquely referring to. :D

Dimensional Traveler

Sep 16, 2017, 4:15:01 PM9/16/17
>>> uninstalled.  Didn't we learn that on some other show about autoparts
>>> still on the shelf?
>>>
>> There was the Tom Cruise War of the Worlds where you could undo all the
>> Martian EMP damage to your car by putting a new solenoid in.
>
> Yep, that's what we were obliquely referring to. :D

There is so much movie stupid out there it can be hard to determine
which specific movie stupid you may be referring to.

anim8rfsk

Sep 16, 2017, 6:04:36 PM9/16/17
In article <opk0o2$8sb$2...@dont-email.me>,
Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

> On 9/16/2017 11:11 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <opjhq0$r1m$1...@dont-email.me>,
> > Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

> >> There was the Tom Cruise War of the Worlds where you could undo all the
> >> Martian EMP damage to your car by putting a new solenoid in.
> >
> > Yep, that's what we were obliquely referring to. :D
> >
> There is so much movie stupid out there it can be hard to determine
> which specific movie stupid you may be referring to.

David Barnett

Sep 17, 2017, 6:59:47 PM9/17/17
In article <UBI20...@dont-email.me>, web...@polaris.net says...

> The day Cassini died, I watched:

Who is Cassini.

> What did you watch?

Well I am posting this reply correctly unlike my reply to a Saturday
question.

On Fri Sept 15 I watched:

LUCIFER: Candy Morningstar; Deceptive Little Parasite
I'll soon be ready for Season 3.
I find this a fun show.

SUITS: Donna
Discussed elsewhere.

THE WRONG GIRL: 2x4
Eric (Dr Blake) is in trouble.
Not mad on this show, but I like the cast.
Also my daughter watches it.

GYPSY: The Rabbit Hole
This Netflix show was different from my expectations.
I like Naomi Watts.
Later episodes have simulated Lesbianism sex scenes, with bra & panties
still on!

--
David Barnett

Dimensional Traveler

Sep 17, 2017, 7:29:59 PM9/17/17
On 9/17/2017 3:59 PM, David Barnett wrote:
> In article <UBI20...@dont-email.me>, web...@polaris.net says...
>>
>> The day Cassini died, I watched:
>
> Who is Cassini.

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/missions/?type=current

Ubiquitous

Sep 17, 2017, 8:56:52 PM9/17/17
In article <opn0hk$fd0$1...@dont-email.me>, dtr...@sonic.net wrote:
>On 9/17/2017 3:59 PM, David Barnett wrote:
>> In article <UBI20...@dont-email.me>, web...@polaris.net says...

>>> The day Cassini died, I watched:
>>
>> Who is Cassini.
>
>https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/missions/?type=current

Named after the astronomer who discovered the gaps between Saturn's
rings, if memory serves.

Ubiquitous

Sep 17, 2017, 9:11:43 PM9/17/17
In article <opjcro$pju$1...@dont-email.me>, art...@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:
>On 9/16/2017 4:55 AM, Obveeus wrote:

>> THE QUIET EARTH:  A 1985 film about a guy who wakes up one day to find
>> that he is the LAST MAN ON EARTH.  This was certainly better than that
>> TV series, but there were parts of it that played like a bad TWILIGHT
>> ZONE episode as the guy got way too weird, way too fast.  In the end,
>> I'm not sure what happened...at least I'm not sure if it was intentional
>> or not, but it did seem like a happy ending.
>
>No, it really wasn't a happy ending.
>
>Rirelbar qvrf. Gur znpuvar tbrf bss ntnva jvcvat bhg rirelguvat ryfr.
>Mnp fheivirf orpnhfr ur jnf qrnq ng gur zbzrag gur znpuvar jrag bss ohg
>jvaqf hc genafcbegrq gb fbzr bgure cynarg/havirefr be jungrire. Guvatf
>nera'g tbvat gb raq jryy sbe uvz rvgure jnl.

I remember that film but for the life of me do not remember if I watched
it!

>> What did you watch?
>
>South Park - "White People Renovating Houses" - South Park deals with
>protestors carrying Confederate flags and tiki torches by getting them
>jobs. Meanwhile Cartman discovers the joys of "Alexa." This was the
>season premier, I still have about 4 episodes from the previous season
>to finish off.

Oh, was that on?

>I Spit on Your Grave III: Vengeance Is Mine (Netflix rental) This is a
>sequel to the 2010 remake with Sarah Butler returning to spit on more
>graves.

THREE?

anim8rfsk

Sep 17, 2017, 9:19:10 PM9/17/17
In article <euydnQAOfKpQhCLE...@giganews.com>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> In article <opn0hk$fd0$1...@dont-email.me>, dtr...@sonic.net wrote:
> >On 9/17/2017 3:59 PM, David Barnett wrote:
> >> In article <UBI20...@dont-email.me>, web...@polaris.net says...

> >> Who is Cassini.
> >
> >https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/missions/?type=current
>
> Named after the astronomer who discovered the gaps between Saturn's
> rings, if memory serves.

What do they call the guy who discovered the gaps between the rings
around Uranus?

Ubiquitous

Sep 19, 2017, 7:51:46 AM9/19/17
anim...@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>> dtr...@sonic.net wrote:

>>>https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/missions/?type=current
>>
>> Named after the astronomer who discovered the gaps between
>> Saturn's rings, if memory serves.
>
>What do they call the guy who discovered the gaps between the rings
>around Uranus?

Don't ask me! I don't wear jewelry!
This sounds more like "trotsky"'s forte.

David Barnett

Sep 20, 2017, 1:38:47 AM9/20/17
In article <opn0hk$fd0$1...@dont-email.me>, dtr...@sonic.net says...

> On 9/17/2017 3:59 PM, David Barnett wrote:
> > In article <UBI20...@dont-email.me>, web...@polaris.net says...
> >>
> >> The day Cassini died, I watched:
> >
> > Who is Cassini.
> >
> https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/missions/?type=current