What Did You Watch? 2019-10-13 (Sunday)

Ian J. Ball

Oct 14, 2019, 8:43:34 AM10/14/19
I went to my sister's on Saturday, and then came back yesterday, so
Saturday I watched almost nothing, and Sunday I didn't watch much...:

SAT:

The Tribe (Tubi) - Ep's #2.23 & 2.24. These ep's were pretty good.
Danni's secret is finally discovered by Ellie and Jack, and after the
Mall Rats react predictably negatively, Danni tries to run for it - but
Bray stops her, and this works out like you'd expect.
Ebony makes a play to replace Bray (due to the Danni kerfuffle) by
gathering, or coercing, support. (This storyline is strangely almost
immediately dropped in the subsequent episodes... :| )
Lex, who's still exiled from the Mall Rats, meets May, who takes her
back to her "tribe", who then proceed to rob and abandon him! (May gets
a good introduction here...) Eventually Ryan finds Lex, and brings him
back to the mall.

SUN:

some football, though I turned the Chargers game off early... :|

The Blacklist (recorded) - "Louis T. Steinhil: Conclusion" (ep. #7.2). I
found this to be a rather lackluster followup to Part 1. Here, they
dispense with any hints that "Katerina" isn't who she says she is, which
makes this all less interesting. Also the resolution to Red's captivity
was "meh"...
And the next episode doesn't look to be any better - so far, in
season #7, there's been too much naval-gazing, and not enough kooky
Blacklister takedowns.

The Tribe (Tubi) - Ep's #2.25-2.28, and then #2.29-2.32.
I was tired yesterday, and binged through a bunch of these.
Unfortunately, season #2 sags somewhat in the middle... :|
One of the main storylines was Ebony begin captured by the guy,
Spike, she "fired" a few episodes before when her plot to poison Tai-San
was discovered. Spike tries to "torture" Ebony, and generally fails
(eventually leaving her to death by dehydration and starvation), but
Ebony gets all traumatized anyway, because she flashes back to her
(early?) time with Zoot, who apparently (psychologically) tortured her
for *real*. Ebony gets rescued by Tai-San and Alice, but she's basically
"broken" afterwards (though she does rally to give one speech that saves
the tribe). Later, she decides she's in love with Bray, but he cruelly
rejects her (thus confirming my general proposition that Bray is an ass,
and asshole... :/ ). I'm sure the result will be that Ebony will be
thirsting for revenge! on Bray and the Mall Rats after this! Also, Trudy
appears to pop up at the very end here...
On the "meta" front, the other tribes discover that the Mall Rats
have been lying about the need for the antidote, and a mob forms to
trash them and the mall, but Ebony points out the mobs' hypocrisy, and
saves the day (and the mob loves her, which worries Danni and Bray).
Bray and Danni's courtship continues, but not without bumps.
Ellie wants to publish the full virus story, incl. naming Danni, but
nobody, esp. Jack, supports Ellie on this.
Lex is a drunk (ultimately losing the tribe's attempt at "currency"),
but Alice talks him on the wagon... until Ryan pulls him back off.
Ryan decides that he "wants to have a baby", but Salene is appalled
at the idea, and they fight.
Cloe and Patsy decide they want Dal as a "boyfriend", but then
proceed to fight over him.

I saw a little of NCIS:LA before going to bed - the guest-star-du-jour
was Gerald McRaney.

Recorded for later: Poldark (I'll have the pull The Rookie off
OnDemand...).

--
"Shall we sit and ponder the futility of caring?" - Morotia M. Black (aka.

anim8rfsk

Oct 14, 2019, 8:56:11 AM10/14/19
Mon, 14 Oct 2019 05:43:28 -0700 Ian J. Ball<ijball-...@mac.invalid>
wrote:

> I saw a little of NCIS:LA before going to bed - the guest-star-du-jour
> was Gerald McRaney.

In an episode where he could have just as well been Hetty (who there was no
mention of) or Chegwidden.

> Recorded for later: Poldark (I'll have the pull The Rookie off
> OnDemand...).

NOOKIE! I watched the Kanadia version early. It wasn't bad except for the
fake out when we thought Special Needs Cop was the dead dead dead he
deserves.

I watched a ton of crap.

FAMILY GUY - an average outing, good for a few laughs
THE NOOKIE - probably the best show of the night, although still not great
STUPIDGIRL - definitely the worst show of the night, I don't even know if I
can bring myself to snark it
BATTEREDWOMAN - Well, this is developing the Big Burning Stupids
NCIS-LA-JAG - this was supposed to be funny. It wasn't particularly
and another Alicia Witt offering 88 MINUTES - OMG what a total crapfest of an
incompetent movie

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Dimensional Traveler

Oct 14, 2019, 9:19:40 AM10/14/19
On 10/14/2019 5:56 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> BATTEREDWOMAN - Well, this is developing the Big Burning Stupids

Would hemorrhoid cream help?

--
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?"

anim8rfsk

Oct 14, 2019, 9:26:37 AM10/14/19
Mon, 14 Oct 2019 06:19:41 -0700 Dimensional Traveler<dtr...@sonic.net>
wrote:

> On 10/14/2019 5:56 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > BATTEREDWOMAN - Well, this is developing the Big Burning Stupids
>
> Would hemorrhoid cream help?

Couldn't hurt.

Arthur Lipscomb

Oct 14, 2019, 11:27:24 AM10/14/19
On 10/14/2019 5:43 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> I went to my sister's on Saturday, and then came back yesterday, so
> Saturday I watched almost nothing, and Sunday I didn't watch much...:
>

> The Blacklist (recorded) - "Louis T. Steinhil: Conclusion" (ep. #7.2). I
> found this to be a rather lackluster followup to Part 1.

Agreed.

Here, they
> dispense with any hints that "Katerina" isn't who she says she is, which
> makes this all less interesting. Also the resolution to Red's captivity
> was "meh"...
> And the next episode doesn't look to be any better - so far, in
> season #7, there's been too much naval-gazing, and not enough kooky
> Blacklister takedowns.

I spent the day deleting unwatched new series and trying to catch up on
shows I'm behind on. I didn't get very far. But I did watch:

Batwoman - "The Rabbit Hole" - Batwoman decides if Alice is her sister
then she can murder as many people as she wants and get away with it.

Supergirl - "Stranger Beside Me" - J'onn J'onzz's brother continues to
cause trouble. Mostly background noise.

Succession - "This Is Not for Tears" - Season finale has the finale
trying to decide on a sacrificial lamb to take the blame and hopefully
make the scandal go away. Once they picked the sacrifice, I guessed how
things would play out and was right. I'm curious to see how things play
out next season.

On Becoming a God in Central Florida - "Birthday Party" - Episode from
last week. Cody goes out and learns how to become a violent thug.

Emergence - "2 MG CU BID" - This episode was spoiled by a commercial on
another network, which revealed the big plot twist. So I went ahead and
made sure to watch it before anything else gets spoiled. I guess it was
an OK episode.

Stumptwon - "Rip City Dicks" - In a somewhat amusing episode Dex mentors
under another PI to learn the ropes and more importantly, get her license.

Dolemite Is My Name (theatrical) This is a Netflix movie that they
released theatrically. Eddie Murphy stars in this biopic as Rudy Ray
Moore who went on to create the character/movie Dolemite. The movie
follows his ups and downs as he and his friends manage to pull together
a cast and crew and money to make the movie that no one believed in, but
would go on to become a massive hit.

After 20 years of doing family safe movies, this is a return for Murphy
to a solid "R" rated character. The all star cast includes
Keegean-Michael Key as the movie's writer and Wesley Snipes as the only
"real" actor in the movie who they get to sign on by also letting him
direct. I'm sure I've seen almost every movie Snipes has ever made. I
liked the vast majority of them. But in every Snipes movie, you pretty
much get Snipes. This was the first time I can recall that he actually
played a "character" that wasn't Wesley Snipes being Wesley Snipes. It
was interesting. I can't say I'm a fan of the original "Dolemite." I'm
sure I've probably seen it once, although I have no memory of it. But
this movie was great. It is sure to get some Oscar nominations. For
some reason movies about bad movies, always seem to be great. I
guessing, not because bad movies are an easy target to mock, but because
when a lot of heart goes into making them it shines through on the screen.

Adam H. Kerman

Oct 14, 2019, 2:39:54 PM10/14/19
Ian J. Ball <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

>The Blacklist (recorded) - "Louis T. Steinhil: Conclusion" (ep. #7.2). I
>found this to be a rather lackluster followup to Part 1. Here, they
>dispense with any hints that "Katerina" isn't who she says she is, which
>makes this all less interesting. Also the resolution to Red's captivity
>was "meh"...

Yeah, there wasn't enough material for a two-part episode. I was amused
that Steinhil faked his death. Katrina seems to be there to repeat
everything that was done when Tom Keen's mother was introduced a few
seasons back and supposed to be evil. Who watched Elizabeth's kid right
now? Do we think the body of the lady in the apartment is stuffed in a
closet?

Uh, Brian Dennehy was the co-star of F/X (1986) which these two episodes
largely ripped off. How do you avoid making references?

anim8rfsk

Oct 14, 2019, 2:51:08 PM10/14/19
What!? No, not fuckin' Brian Dennehy! Get the fuck out of here!!!
https://youtu.be/sNJmfuEWR8w?t=60

Rhino

Oct 14, 2019, 5:12:18 PM10/14/19
On 2019-10-14 8:56 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Mon, 14 Oct 2019 05:43:28 -0700 Ian J. Ball<ijball-...@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> I saw a little of NCIS:LA before going to bed - the guest-star-du-jour
>> was Gerald McRaney.
>
> In an episode where he could have just as well been Hetty (who there was no
> mention of) or Chegwidden.
>
>> Recorded for later: Poldark (I'll have the pull The Rookie off
>> OnDemand...).
>
> NOOKIE! I watched the Kanadia version early. It wasn't bad except for the
> fake out when we thought Special Needs Cop was the dead dead dead he
> deserves.

I'm surprised you didn't mention the mini-Castle reunion with both Javi
and Ryan showing up as different characters, although in different scenes.

--
Rhino

anim8rfsk

Oct 14, 2019, 5:33:47 PM10/14/19
Mon, 14 Oct 2019 14:12:13 -0700 Rhino<no_offlin...@example.com> wrote:

> What Did You Watch? 2019-10-13 (Sunday)
> Rhino<no_offlin...@example.com>
> October 14, 2019 at 2:12:13 PM MST
>
> On 2019-10-14 8:56 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > Mon, 14 Oct 2019 05:43:28 -0700 Ian J. Ball<ijball-...@mac.invalid>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I saw a little of NCIS:LA before going to bed - the guest-star-du-jour
> > > was Gerald McRaney.
> >
> > In an episode where he could have just as well been Hetty (who there was no
> > mention of) or Chegwidden.
> >
> > > Recorded for later: Poldark (I'll have the pull The Rookie off
> > > OnDemand...).
> >
> > NOOKIE! I watched the Kanadia version early. It wasn't bad except for the
> > fake out when we thought Special Needs Cop was the dead dead dead he
> > deserves.
> I'm surprised you didn't mention the mini-Castle reunion with both Javi
> and Ryan showing up as different characters, although in different scenes.

Honestly, I missed it.

suzeeq

Oct 14, 2019, 6:55:34 PM10/14/19
On 10/14/2019 2:12 PM, Rhino wrote:
> On 2019-10-14 8:56 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Mon, 14 Oct 2019 05:43:28 -0700 Ian J. Ball<ijball-...@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I saw a little of NCIS:LA before going to bed - the guest-star-du-jour
>>> was Gerald McRaney.
>>
>> In an episode where he could have just as well been Hetty (who there was no
>> mention of) or Chegwidden.
>>
>>> Recorded for later: Poldark (I'll have the pull The Rookie off
>>> OnDemand...).
>>
>> NOOKIE! I watched the Kanadia version early. It wasn't bad except for the
>> fake out when we thought Special Needs Cop was the dead dead dead he
>> deserves.
>>
> I'm surprised you didn't mention the mini-Castle reunion with both Javi
> and Ryan showing up as different characters, although in different scenes.

I thought I recognized a couple faces!

David Barnett

Oct 14, 2019, 8:47:53 PM10/14/19
In article <ijball-NO_SPAM-222...@news.eternal-
september.org>, ijball-...@mac.invalid says...

> I went to my sister's on Saturday, and then came back yesterday, so
> Saturday I watched almost nothing, and Sunday I didn't watch much...:

On Sunday October 13, I watched he previously discussed:

THE GOOD PLACE: 4x13 Chillaxing
Grade A-

WHAT/IF 1x5 (Netflix)
Grade C-

--
David Barnett

Adam H. Kerman

Oct 14, 2019, 9:56:57 PM10/14/19
Hehehehehe

anim8rfsk

Oct 14, 2019, 11:29:03 PM10/14/19
:)

Ubiquitous

Oct 15, 2019, 6:22:20 AM10/15/19
I watched:

WE ARE THE 80'S

WE ARE THE 80'S

WE ARE THE 80'S

HALLOWEEN:
This was the crappy Rob Zombie remake. It was interesting to see a new take
on the Michael Meyers saga, but I was severely dissapointed to see the
"face of evil" (™ - Loomis) reduced to being a victim of child abuse in
a trailer trash family. How utterly banal. I bailed at the end of the
flashback.

CLIFF DIVING: RED BULL WORLD SERIES: A Red Bull World Series event in
Copenhagen.

THE BANANA SPLITS:
I started to watch, but it was garbage, basically, a rip-off of Westworld
with victims, err, people I was hoping would get killed. Even stranger, it
was set in modern times and the original show had never gone off the air.

THE LOVE BOAT:
• "Help, Murder". Michele Lee thinks her husband her is trying to kill her
after misunderstanding she overheard him planning a surprise birthday party
for her. This was a typical silly sitcom trope.
• "Issac The Groupie". Issac has an inappropriate relationship with the sexy
singer Roxie Blue. For some reason, when she comes out of hiding for a
performance on the last day of the cruise for Captain Stubing, she acts like
a total bitch. If Issac was such a big fan, why did he not
know this? Why didn't Roxy warn him that she was going to act like a bitch as
part of her image and to not take it personal?
• "Mr Popularity". Jim Nabors plays a dullard who is mistaken for a notorious
jewel thief. Or is he?

BLESS THE HARTS:
"Jenny Unfiltered". When the town has split opinions over a controversial
statue, Jenny learns to play both sides to appease her customers and make
some extra money. Meanwhile, Violet accompanies Betty to visit a blast from
the past that does not go as planned. I lost interest in Jenny's story very
quickly, then found myself changing the channel and returning to watch
Betty's stuff. Not a good sign.

SUPERGIRL:
"Stranger Beside Me". Supergirl, Alex, and Brainiac thwart an alien attack
while William investigates Kara. J'onn J'onzz and Kelly use Obsidian tech to
solve a problem.

This show is getting even more stupid than before:
• This season is becoming a total ripoff of Superman 4: The Quest For Peace
• Jimmy Olson told Kara that he's been offered positions as Senator and
curator of the Smithsonian since he got fired from Catco. Seriously? How does
that work?
• Brainiac is a moron. "Nia thought getting a breakfast burrito was the best
thing that ever happened to her, so I'm going to give her an even BETTER
lunch by giving her 42 boxes of her fav sushi!".
• On a related note, Alex almost killed her girlfriend because she gave her a
blueberry muffin, not knowing she's allergic to them. Wait, whut?
• Burned by Kara's "betrayal", Leena Luther wants to do a "Jekyll and Hyde"
to humans so they never lie to each other again. Yeah, that's not going to
end well...
• Brainiac tells the gang he can cure J'onn with Q Waves, which won't be
invented until after this current civilization collapses. Without missing a
beat, they tell him this new social media thing uses them. Where do I even
begin with that?
• Holy mixed metaphors! As part of J'onn's rehab, they created a mindscape of
a library to represent his memories with the damaged/misisng ones represented
by white empty books on the shelves. He walks up to one book on a shelf and
tilts it, causing a secret door to open in one of the shelves... beyond it is
a void. Using his intact memories, he reconstructs what is inside. Whut?
• Kara just loudly announces within earshot of a male coworker she's going to
sneak away for some super stupid shenanigans. Surprisingly, he actually heard
what she said and got suspicious... didn't her reading stuff on her computer
at super speed make him suspicious?

FAMILY GUY:
"Absolutely Babulous". When Stewie receives a participation medal in his
school's toddler games, he begins to question everything he has ever won.
Meanwhile, Peter causes a fight between Lois' parents and must repair the
damage he caused. This one was OK, but I wished there was more to Stewie's
pie plot. Ha! Peter's comment coincided with what I was thinking!

What did you watch?

--
Watching Democrats come up with schemes to "catch Trump" is like
watching Wile E. Coyote trying to catch Road Runner.

anim8rfsk

Oct 15, 2019, 11:31:10 AM10/15/19
Tue, 15 Oct 2019 03:08:07 -0700 Ubiquitous<web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> SUPERGIRL:
> "Stranger Beside Me". Supergirl, Alex, and Brainiac thwart an alien attack
> while William investigates Kara. J'onn J'onzz and Kelly use Obsidian tech to
> solve a problem.
>
> This show is getting even more stupid than before:

I still haven't been able to snark it. So dumb.

> • This season is becoming a total ripoff of Superman 4: The Quest For Peace
> • Jimmy Olson told Kara that he's been offered positions as Senator and
> curator of the Smithsonian since he got fired from Catco.

12 hours ago. And why is he qualified to do EITHER of those things?

> Seriously? How does
> that work?
> • Brainiac is a moron. "Nia thought getting a breakfast burrito was the best
> thing that ever happened to her, so I'm going to give her an even BETTER
> lunch by giving her 42 boxes of her fav sushi!".

Now, see, they *could* have made this work, if they'd established that Brainy
himself ate constantly, and had never met a human being before.

> • On a related note, Alex almost killed her girlfriend because she gave her
> blueberry muffin, not knowing she's allergic to them. Wait, whut?
> • Burned by Kara's "betrayal", Leena Luther wants to do a "Jekyll and Hyde"
> to humans so they never lie to each other again. Yeah, that's not going to
> end well...

And she's accomplishing this by lying to everybody.
Why doesn't she have goons or her AI kill the CatCo bitch that's stealing her
stuff?
Since the CatCo bitch TOLD her that she got past security because her cousin
is dating the receptionist, that should really be a pretty easy hole to
patch.

> • Brainiac tells the gang he can cure J'onn with Q Waves, which won't be
> invented until after this current civilization collapses. Without missing a
> beat, they tell him this new social media thing uses them. Where do I even
> begin with that?
> • Holy mixed metaphors! As part of J'onn's rehab, they created a mindscape
> of
> a library to represent his memories with the damaged/misisng ones represented
> by white empty books on the shelves. He walks up to one book on a shelf and
> tilts it, causing a secret door to open in one of the shelves... beyond it is
> a void. Using his intact memories, he reconstructs what is inside. Whut?
> • Kara just loudly announces within earshot of a male coworker she's going
> sneak away for some super stupid shenanigans. Surprisingly, he actually heard
> what she said and got suspicious... didn't her reading stuff on her computer
> at super speed make him suspicious?

It's worse than that:
STUPIDGIRL "I caught that guy from the office following me!"
MARTIAN MANEATER "Did you confront him?"
STUPIDGIRL "I couldn't, I was Stupidgirl at the time!"
Um ... how is he following you if you're dressed as Stupidgirl, unless he
knows you're Stupidgirl, in which case it doesn't matter if you confront him
or not?

Why are they encouraging her NOT to quit CatCo? She doesn't have any friends
there, she's not doing the job, they took away her special secret office, she
already HAS another full time job, she doesn't need the money ... People are
going to die because she's messing around with CatCo bitch.

Then, in one moment a ray of light turned instantly into the stupidity of
darkness ...
Stupidsister is in trouble! She secretly activates her secret STUPIDGIRL HELP
ME wristwatch!
And it turns out *everybody* has one and they *all* race to the rescue!
(that's the ray of light)
By the time Stupidgirl gets there, stupid sister is tied up in the closet or
something.
So ... why didn't Stupidgirl get there INSTANTLY?
Why did Stupidgirl come in through the apartment hallways and not the
apartment windows? How did she even GET to the apartment hallway, take the
elevator? Why does she kick down the door? Why does she stand there not
knowing where anybody is? Where the Hell is her Stupidvision?

It's like they're trying to make this bad.

> FAMILY GUY:
> "Absolutely Babulous". When Stewie receives a participation medal in his
> school's toddler games, he begins to question everything he has ever won.
> Meanwhile, Peter causes a fight between Lois' parents and must repair the
> damage he caused. This one was OK, but I wished there was more to Stewie's
> pie plot. Ha! Peter's comment coincided with what I was thinking!

I like it when the left wing Family Guy show takes a shot at some stupid PC
thing like participation trophies, that are so dumb even the Griffins know
they're dumb.

BTR1701

Oct 15, 2019, 11:52:26 AM10/15/19
In article <0001HW.23561DBA01...@NEWS.EASYNEWS.COM>,
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> Tue, 15 Oct 2019 03:08:07 -0700 Ubiquitous<web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> > Kara just loudly announces within earshot of a male coworker she's going
> > to sneak away for some super stupid shenanigans. Surprisingly, he actually
> > heard what she said and got suspicious... didn't her reading stuff on her
> > computer at super speed make him suspicious?
>
> It's worse than that:
> STUPIDGIRL "I caught that guy from the office following me!"
> MARTIAN MANEATER "Did you confront him?"
> STUPIDGIRL "I couldn't, I was Stupidgirl at the time!"
> Um ... how is he following you if you're dressed as Stupidgirl, unless he
> knows you're Stupidgirl, in which case it doesn't matter if you confront him
> or not?

It's even *worse* than that. He started following her by calling someone
at the NSA and asking them to track her for him.

Let that steaming pile of dumbidity sink in for a moment.

Some mid-level reporter at a gossip tabloid calls the NSA-- did he just
call the switchboard or does he have a direct line into the world-wide
surveillance department?-- and asks them to track another American
citizen for his personal reasons and they comply. And how do they do it?
Are they always tracking every single person in America and just focus
in on whichever one they want? Or did they paint Kara from orbit with a
laser designator or something and have the computer track her? Of course
that would only work so long as she's outdoors.

And if they *did* do all this highly illegal stuff just because a gossip
scribbler asked them to, why the hell don't they now know that Kara is
Stuidgirl?

> Why are they encouraging her NOT to quit CatCo? She doesn't have any
> friends there, she's not doing the job

I would think it'd be a significant news story for *other* media outlets
that CatCo has demoted their Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter to copy
girl literally the day after her prize was awarded to her.

And yes, why the hell doesn't she just work for the DEO full time? Have
them put her on salary so she can pay her rent.

anim8rfsk

Oct 15, 2019, 12:12:29 PM10/15/19
And he's not even an American.

> > Why are they encouraging her NOT to quit CatCo? She doesn't have any
> > friends there, she's not doing the job
>
> I would think it'd be a significant news story for *other* media outlets
> that CatCo has demoted their Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter to copy
> girl literally the day after her prize was awarded to her.

Hell, I want an expose on that enforced one sided permanent non compete.

> And yes, why the hell doesn't she just work for the DEO full time? Have
> them put her on salary so she can pay her rent.

Or just buy a bag of charcoal briquets at Ace Hardware and squeeze one into a
diamond once a month.

Ubiquitous

Oct 15, 2019, 9:48:47 PM10/15/19
anim...@cox.net wrote:
>Tue, 15 Oct 2019 03:08:07 -0700 Ubiquitous<web...@polaris.net> wrote:

>> SUPERGIRL:
>> "Stranger Beside Me". Supergirl, Alex, and Brainiac thwart an alien attack
>> while William investigates Kara. J'onn J'onzz and Kelly use Obsidian tech
>> to solve a problem.
>>
>> This show is getting even more stupid than before:
>
>I still haven't been able to snark it. So dumb.
>
>> • This season is becoming a total ripoff of Superman 4: The Quest For Peace
>> • Jimmy Olson told Kara that he's been offered positions as Senator and
>> curator of the Smithsonian since he got fired from Catco.
>> • Brainiac is a moron. "Nia thought getting a breakfast burrito was the
>> best thing that ever happened to her, so I'm going to give her an even
>> BETTER lunch by giving her 42 boxes of her fav sushi!".
>
>Now, see, they *could* have made this work, if they'd established that Brainy
>himself ate constantly, and had never met a human being before.
>
>> • On a related note, Alex almost killed her girlfriend because she gave
>> her a blueberry muffin, not knowing she's allergic to them. Wait, whut?

Nothing to say about these chunks of stupidity? :-|

anim8rfsk

Oct 16, 2019, 12:11:05 AM10/16/19
Too bad it had an unhappy ending?

BTW, the ads for STUPIDGIRL on tonight's AWFUL ARROW use clips of her in the
skirt outfit before she got puffy faced and had to wear bangs.

Ubiquitous

Oct 16, 2019, 7:14:09 AM10/16/19
anim...@cox.net wrote:
>Tue, 15 Oct 2019 03:08:07 -0700 Ubiquitous<web...@polaris.net> wrote:

>> SUPERGIRL:
>> "Stranger Beside Me". Supergirl, Alex, and Brainiac thwart an alien attack
>> while William investigates Kara. J'onn J'onzz and Kelly use Obsidian tech
>> to solve a problem.
>>
>> This show is getting even more stupid than before:
>
>I still haven't been able to snark it. So dumb.
>
>> • This season is becoming a total ripoff of Superman 4: The Quest For Peace
>> • Jimmy Olson told Kara that he's been offered positions as Senator and
>> curator of the Smithsonian since he got fired from Catco.Seriously? How
>> does that work?
>
>12 hours ago. And why is he qualified to do EITHER of those things?

It hasn't stopped several Democrats from running for it.
Is that following the scene where he's in the sewer and detects Kara
approaching and when Supergirl shows up and he's all like "Huh?" and doesn't
give it a second thought?

>> FAMILY GUY:
>> "Absolutely Babulous". When Stewie receives a participation medal in his
>> school's toddler games, he begins to question everything he has ever won.
>> Meanwhile, Peter causes a fight between Lois' parents and must repair the
>> damage he caused. This one was OK, but I wished there was more to Stewie's
>> pie plot. Ha! Peter's comment coincided with what I was thinking!
>
>I like it when the left wing Family Guy show takes a shot at some stupid PC
>thing like participation trophies, that are so dumb even the Griffins know
>they're dumb.

Yeah, it is refreshing to see.

Ubiquitous

Oct 16, 2019, 7:20:09 AM10/16/19
anim...@cox.net wrote:
>Tue, 15 Oct 2019 18:05:59 -0700 Ubiquitous<web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim...@cox.net wrote:

>>> I still haven't been able to snark it. So dumb.

>> Nothing to say about these chunks of stupidity? :-|
>
>Too bad it had an unhappy ending?

No, the stupidity required for Alex to give Kelly, who is deathly allergic to
blueberries, something that obviously contains blueberries, who then ate it.
That's like someone giving you a peanut butter cookie without knowing about
your allergy and you eating it!

anim8rfsk

Oct 16, 2019, 3:02:08 PM10/16/19
Mon, 14 Oct 2019 08:27:20 -0700 Arthur Lipscomb<art...@alum.calberkeley.org>
wrote:

> Stumptwon - "Rip City Dicks" - In a somewhat amusing episode Dex mentors
> under another PI to learn the ropes and more importantly, get her license.

After FIFTEEN HUNDRED HOURS of interning!?

Given that much of the PIs time is spent sitting around the office polishing
their guns, that should take several years!

BTR1701

Oct 16, 2019, 9:32:28 PM10/16/19
In article <0001HW.2357A0AC02...@NEWS.EASYNEWS.COM>,
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> Mon, 14 Oct 2019 08:27:20 -0700 Arthur Lipscomb<art...@alum.calberkeley.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Stumptwon - "Rip City Dicks" - In a somewhat amusing episode Dex mentors
> > under another PI to learn the ropes and more importantly, get her license.
>
> After FIFTEEN HUNDRED HOURS of interning!?
>
> Given that much of the PIs time is spent sitting around the office polishing
> their guns, that should take several years!

Do they only get to count the hours spent out of the office for their
internship? Seems like if you're on the clock, those hours would count,
even if all you're doing is sitting around the office watching Jamie Lee
Curtis videos on YouTube.

anim8rfsk

Oct 16, 2019, 9:36:27 PM10/16/19
I suspect that depends on if he's paying her or not.
Of course now that people don't stay in their office, but wander around the
supermarket on their cell phones pretending to be in the office, it probably
cuts down on intern hours.

Jim G.

Oct 17, 2019, 5:07:18 PM10/17/19
"What did you watch?" Ian failed to ask AGAIN.

"Well, thanks for asking," Jim replied, trying his best to cover for
Ian's screw-up AGAIN. But not really. Because deep down, Jim realized
that there's nothing more shameful on RAT than IAN NOT ASKING THE
QUESTION!!!

But for the record, I watched:

MR. ROBOT / 4x02 / 402 Payment Required

[Elliot + Darlene come together. Dom gets dark army vibes.]

"Cremation, cardboard coffin, cheapest urn."

Dom isn't 100% sure, so a decent FBI agent dies. Elliot and Darlene lose
their mother, but no tears over the unpleasant woman. But what WAS in
that safety deposit box? Phillip finds a way to get the gang together,
which will allow Elliot to complete the next step of his plan. That
won't end well for Phillip, but he already refers to himself as a dead
man walking and at this point seems to be mostly interested in avenging
his daughter's death and finding a good way to commit assisted suicide.
And finally, did that ending tell us that there's a THIRD Elliot persona
in there somewhere? And is it someone we've already met? Because wow.

In the end, this was another of those episodes that seems like not much
is going on while you're watching, but once you let it percolate a bit
after the fact, you begin to realize just how much was accomplished and
revealed. And it was some darn good stuff.

Grade: A-

"I'm really glad we're at this place in our relationship where we can
dig up graves together without having to talk." -- Major Lillywhite, iZOMBIE

Jim G.

Oct 17, 2019, 5:08:46 PM10/17/19
Ubiquitous sent the following on 10/16/19 at 3:32 AM:
> anim...@cox.net wrote:

>>> Nothing to say about these chunks of stupidity? :-|
>>
>> Too bad it had an unhappy ending?
>
> No, the stupidity required for Alex to give Kelly, who is deathly allergic to
> blueberries, something that obviously contains blueberries, who then ate it.
> That's like someone giving you a peanut butter cookie without knowing about
> your allergy and you eating it!

It's too bad that there's not an easy way or two to tell if there might
be blueberries in a muffin that you're thinking about eating.

Ian J. Ball

Oct 17, 2019, 5:41:30 PM10/17/19
In article <qoal62$n8a$4...@dont-email.me>,
"Jim G." <jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:

> "What did you watch?" Ian failed to ask AGAIN.
>
> "Well, thanks for asking," Jim replied, trying his best to cover for
> Ian's screw-up AGAIN...

Maybe the point is... I'm just not that interested... :p

--
"Shall we sit and ponder the futility of caring?" - Morotia M. Black (aka.

anim8rfsk

Oct 17, 2019, 5:48:34 PM10/17/19
Thu, 17 Oct 2019 14:07:14 -0700 Jim G.<jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:

> "What did you watch?" Ian failed to ask AGAIN.
>
> "Well, thanks for asking," Jim replied, trying his best to cover for
> Ian's screw-up AGAIN. But not really. Because deep down, Jim realized
> that there's nothing more shameful on RAT than IAN NOT ASKING THE
> QUESTION!!!
>
> But for the record, I watched:
>
> MR. ROBOT / 4x02 / 402 Payment Required
>
> [Elliot + Darlene come together. Dom gets dark army vibes.]
>
> "Cremation, cardboard coffin, cheapest urn."
>
> Dom isn't 100% sure, so a decent FBI agent dies. Elliot and Darlene lose
> their mother, but no tears over the unpleasant woman. But what WAS in
> that safety deposit box? Phillip finds a way to get the gang together,
> which will allow Elliot to complete the next step of his plan. That
> won't end well for Phillip, but he already refers to himself as a dead
> man walking and at this point seems to be mostly interested in avenging
> his daughter's death and finding a good way to commit assisted suicide.
> And finally, did that ending tell us that there's a THIRD Elliot persona
> in there somewhere? And is it someone we've already met? Because wow.
>
> In the end, this was another of those episodes that seems like not much
> is going on while you're watching, but once you let it percolate a bit
> after the fact, you begin to realize just how much was accomplished and
> revealed. And it was some darn good stuff.
>
> Grade: A-

Ian says he *did* ask.

It's possible that he's wrong.

anim8rfsk

Oct 17, 2019, 5:48:54 PM10/17/19
Thu, 17 Oct 2019 14:08:43 -0700 Jim G.<jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:

> Ubiquitous sent the following on 10/16/19 at 3:32 AM:
> > anim...@cox.net wrote:

> > > Too bad it had an unhappy ending?
> >
> > No, the stupidity required for Alex to give Kelly, who is deathly allergic
> > blueberries, something that obviously contains blueberries, who then ate it.
> > That's like someone giving you a peanut butter cookie without knowing about
> > your allergy and you eating it!
>
> It's too bad that there's not an easy way or two to tell if there might
> be blueberries in a muffin that you're thinking about eating.

They were pancakes.

anim8rfsk

Oct 17, 2019, 5:50:14 PM10/17/19
Thu, 17 Oct 2019 14:41:25 -0700 Ian J. Ball<ijball-...@mac.invalid>
wrote:

> In article<qoal62$n8a$4...@dont-email.me>,
> "Jim G." <jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
>
> > "What did you watch?" Ian failed to ask AGAIN.
> >
> > "Well, thanks for asking," Jim replied, trying his best to cover for
> > Ian's screw-up AGAIN...
>
> Maybe the point is... I'm just not that interested... :p

Or maybe you ARE and you're wrong about it?

Jim G.

Oct 17, 2019, 5:59:43 PM10/17/19
Ian J. Ball sent the following on 10/17/19 at 4:41 PM:
> In article <qoal62$n8a$4...@dont-email.me>,
> "Jim G." <jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>> "What did you watch?" Ian failed to ask AGAIN.
>>
>> "Well, thanks for asking," Jim replied, trying his best to cover for
>> Ian's screw-up AGAIN...
>
> Maybe the point is... I'm just not that interested... :p

You're just saying that because you mean it.

Jim G.

Oct 17, 2019, 6:10:12 PM10/17/19
anim8rfsk sent the following on 10/17/19 at 4:48 PM:
I hope that he can get the smell of smoke out of those pants.

> It's possible that he's wrong.

There's a first for everything. And a 17,183rd for some of them, as well.

Jim G.

Oct 17, 2019, 6:10:54 PM10/17/19
anim8rfsk sent the following on 10/17/19 at 4:48 PM:
Oh. Well, that's entirely different. She has my sympathies. :)

anim8rfsk

Oct 17, 2019, 6:48:52 PM10/17/19
Thu, 17 Oct 2019 15:10:51 -0700 Jim G.<jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:

> anim8rfsk sent the following on 10/17/19 at 4:48 PM:
> > Thu, 17 Oct 2019 14:08:43 -0700 Jim G.<jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
> >
> > > Ubiquitous sent the following on 10/16/19 at 3:32 AM:

> > > It's too bad that there's not an easy way or two to tell if there might
> > > be blueberries in a muffin that you're thinking about eating.
> >
> > They were pancakes.
>
> Oh. Well, that's entirely different. She has my sympathies. :)

To smoke out the evil shapeshifter Stupidsister offers her deadly pancakes,
because Stupidshifter can exactly replicate you without knowing a thing about
you.

Ubiquitous

Oct 18, 2019, 7:47:49 AM10/18/19
anim...@cox.net wrote:
>Thu, 17 Oct 2019 15:10:51 -0700 Jim G.<jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk sent the following on 10/17/19 at 4:48 PM:

>>> They were pancakes.

I was sure she said muffins, like it matters.

>> Oh. Well, that's entirely different. She has my sympathies. :)
>
>To smoke out the evil shapeshifter Stupidsister offers her deadly pancakes,
>because Stupidshifter can exactly replicate you without knowing a thing about
>you.

Wait wait wait! I am SO confused now!

Alex gave someone who might or might be her girlfriend some deadly pancakes
knowing that Kelly is unable to know they will be deadly and the impersonator
might not know they're sppsd to be deadly and assuming the impersonator did
not duplicator her at a cellular level and really be allergic to them?

anim8rfsk

Oct 18, 2019, 9:57:57 AM10/18/19
The morning after same sex sex, Alex offers to make Kelly (I'll take your
word for her name) blueberry pancakes (apparently she has batter all made up
and ready to go from who knows how long ago). Kelly declines, telling her
same sex sextress her mostest deadliest secret - she's allergic to
blueberries! She almost died as a child from them! But not to worry, she
always carries an epi-pen!
Later, suspecting that her same sex sextress has been replaced by Folger's
Crystals, Alex offers to make some more blueberry pancakes! Kelly says 'sure'
so Alex pushes her Jimmy Olson emergency button to summon ... STUPIDGIRL!

Jim G.

Oct 18, 2019, 5:43:43 PM10/18/19
anim8rfsk sent the following on 10/17/19 at 5:48 PM:
Perhaps the worst part of this whole thing is the fact that we all know
that waffles are a gazillion times better.

Ubiquitous

Oct 18, 2019, 8:54:11 PM10/18/19
In article <qodbmc$or$2...@dont-email.me>, jimg...@geemail.com.invalid wrote:
>anim8rfsk sent the following on 10/17/19 at 5:48 PM:
>> Jim G.<jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
>>> anim8rfsk sent the following on 10/17/19 at 4:48 PM:

>>> Oh. Well, that's entirely different. She has my sympathies. :)
>>
>> To smoke out the evil shapeshifter Stupidsister offers her deadly
>> pancakes, because Stupidshifter can exactly replicate you without
>> knowing a thing about you.
>
>Perhaps the worst part of this whole thing is the fact that we all know
>that waffles are a gazillion times better.

Were you or have you ever been a paid "actor" for Waffle House?

Jim G.

Oct 19, 2019, 12:46:24 PM10/19/19
Ubiquitous sent the following on 10/18/19 at 7:53 PM:
> In article <qodbmc$or$2...@dont-email.me>, jimg...@geemail.com.invalid wrote:
>> anim8rfsk sent the following on 10/17/19 at 5:48 PM:

>>> To smoke out the evil shapeshifter Stupidsister offers her deadly
>>> pancakes, because Stupidshifter can exactly replicate you without
>>> knowing a thing about you.
>>
>> Perhaps the worst part of this whole thing is the fact that we all know
>> that waffles are a gazillion times better.
>
> Were you or have you ever been a paid "actor" for Waffle House?

Mmmm. Waffle House.

Ubiquitous

Oct 20, 2019, 11:43:24 AM10/20/19
In article <qofekt$trk$4...@dont-email.me>, jimg...@geemail.com.invalid wrote:
>Ubiquitous sent the following on 10/18/19 at 7:53 PM:
>> jimg...@geemail.com.invalid wrote:
>>> anim8rfsk sent the following on 10/17/19 at 5:48 PM:

>>> Perhaps the worst part of this whole thing is the fact that we all know
>>> that waffles are a gazillion times better.
>>
>> Were you or have you ever been a paid "actor" for Waffle House?
>
>Mmmm. Waffle House.

AKA, "Awful House", where they have an exclusive ex-carnie employment deal.

P.S.
I have to say, the one in my nieghborhood is actually quite nice and clean
and devoid of employees with tattoos on their face.

Micky DuPree

Oct 28, 2019, 11:12:48 AM10/28/19
Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> writes:

> On 10/14/2019 5:43 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:

> Batwoman - "The Rabbit Hole" - Batwoman decides if Alice is her sister
> then she can murder as many people as she wants and get away with it.

That bugged me too, and I don't think I'm going to keep going past the
third ep.

> Emergence - "2 MG CU BID" - This episode was spoiled by a commercial
> on another network, which revealed the big plot twist. So I went
> ahead and made sure to watch it before anything else gets spoiled. I
> guess it was an OK episode.

Meh.

> Stumptwon - "Rip City Dicks" - In a somewhat amusing episode Dex
> mentors under another PI to learn the ropes and more importantly, get
> her license.

For someone who was supposedly in military intelligence, Dex seemed
awfully naive about the Donal Logue character. I still like Donal
Logue, though, and evidently, he's also in the next ep., so _Stumptown_
gets a one-episode reprieve.

-Micky

anim8rfsk

Oct 28, 2019, 1:52:08 PM10/28/19
Mon, 28 Oct 2019 08:12:45 -0700 Micky
DuPree<MDu...@theworld.com.snip.to.reply> wrote:

> What Did You Watch? 2019-10-13 (Sunday)
> MDu...@theworld.com.snip.to.reply
> October 28, 2019 at 8:12:45 AM MST
>
> Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> writes:
>
> > On 10/14/2019 5:43 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>
> > Batwoman - "The Rabbit Hole" - Batwoman decides if Alice is her sister
> > then she can murder as many people as she wants and get away with it.
>
> That bugged me too, and I don't think I'm going to keep going past the
> third ep.

It hasn't gotten better yet.