What Did You Watch? 2017-11-22 (Wednesday)

Obveeus

Nov 24, 2017, 9:22:48 AM11/24/17
I watched:

SURVIVOR: 10 people left in the game and 7 of them are talking about
what to do once they get rid of the other three. I hate this kind of
advanced planning because it almost always entails people deciding to
keep the three losers because they need their votes. Also, there is
talk about loser Joe being a total loser but you can see that some other
players already see him as the 'perfect loser' that they want with them
in the final 3. I like that they are still doing swimming challenges
this late in the season. I don't like seeing basketball challenges
where one player can do the task for the entire team.

MR. ROBOT: Elliot still isn't getting along with his dad because he
thinks his dad committed the mass murder. The dad thinks that both he
and his son got duped. Neither one does anything useful this episode.
Angela knows she helped commit mass murder and is so sad that she curls
up in a little ball and does nothing but cry and deny. Darlene does
nothing but console her. E-Corp CEO frets a bit over his company's
survival, and worse yet, his fear that he won't be CEO much longer. FBI
gal continues to suspect that her FBI boss is an idiot or an evil doer,
but she doesn't go over his head because...well, everyone knows that
Comey is an idiot. With all these main characters on the sideline, we
finally get an update on what 2 minor characters have been up to. Am I
watching an episode of BREAKING BAD? KNIGHTRIDER? Ah well, whatever it
was, the plots are resolved so we won't be seeing any more of these
characters.

GODLESS: The first episode of this new Netflix series set in the old
west. The premise revolves around a town full of women, but in the
first episode, men get most of the screentime. This first episode was
almost entirely setup to let us know who the good guys and bad guys are.
Michelle Dockery, Jeff Daniels, Scoot McNairy and Jack O'Connell star.
Sam Waterston plays a US Marshall and rides a horse and seems much
more normal than in other roles I've seen him in. Maybe the wandering
speech patterns of cowboy life suit him?

BRIAN REGAN NUMCHUCKS AND FLAMETHROWERS: A 2017 stand up comedy special
fit for the whole family. No dirty words or horrifyingly adult topics
to be found here. Just simple comedy/commentary on normal life. The
only time I laughed was right at the end when he did the closest bit of
material to 'adult humor'.

What did you watch?

icebreaker

Nov 25, 2017, 3:28:58 PM11/25/17
SEAL Team (CBS) -- Based on Bergdahl. The Team has to deliver Gitmo
prisoners in Afghanistan in exchange for getting an Ami deserter back
from the Talis. The side plot is whether Jason will select Clay for
his team or go with another of the newly minted.

With Love, Christmas (Hmrk) -- Two competing ad execs (Emelie Ullerup.
Aaron O'Connell) with different life views and work ethos are teamed
up for a cellphone campaign.

---
http://www.avg.com

David Barnett

Nov 25, 2017, 3:29:04 PM11/25/17
In article <ov99vk$7qr$1...@dont-email.me>, Obv...@aol.com says...

> What did you watch?

On Wed Nov 22 I watched:

LUCIFER: Chloe Does Lucifer
Not literally, but Chloe channels Lucifer.
Discussed elsewhere.

THE GOOD DOCTOR: 22 Steps
An autistic patient.
OK

COLD FEET: 7x1
I didn't watch the first 5 seasons of this UK show,
but I did watch Seasons 6, which I read was a reboot.
Light entertainment

--
David Barnett

Jim G.

Nov 26, 2017, 3:24:00 PM11/26/17
Obveeus sent the following on 11/24/2017 at 08:22 AM:
> MR. ROBOT: Elliot still isn't getting along with his dad because he
> thinks his dad committed the mass murder. The dad thinks that both he
> and his son got duped. Neither one does anything useful this episode.
> Angela knows she helped commit mass murder and is so sad that she curls
> up in a little ball and does nothing but cry and deny. Darlene does
> nothing but console her. E-Corp CEO frets a bit over his company's
> survival, and worse yet, his fear that he won't be CEO much longer. FBI
> gal continues to suspect that her FBI boss is an idiot or an evil doer,
> but she doesn't go over his head because...well, everyone knows that
> Comey is an idiot. With all these main characters on the sideline, we
> finally get an update on what 2 minor characters have been up to. Am I
> watching an episode of BREAKING BAD? KNIGHTRIDER? Ah well, whatever it
> was, the plots are resolved so we won't be seeing any more of these
> characters.

1. That black dude is awesome.
2. It's too bad that this show went off the rails early in season two
with some off-putting and drug-infused silliness/filler because it's
terrific right now and it's a shame that more people aren't watching.
3. I'm going to keep hitting the rewind button so that Trenton and
Mobley are okay.

"Captain, respectfully submit that the attractiveness of the ship's
occupant makes the rescue imperative." -- Lt. Gordon Malloy, THE ORVILLE

Ubiquitous

Dec 2, 2017, 11:51:42 PM12/2/17
In article <ov99vk$7qr$1...@dont-email.me>, Obv...@aol.com wrote:

>What did you watch?

FOX AND FRIENDS

OUTNUMBERED

BOB'S BURGERS:
"Thanks-hoarding". When Teddy's family unexpectedly announces that
they're coming for Thanksgiving, the Belchers reluctantly agree to
pitch in. The preparation proves to be much more challenging than
they had anticipated, especially upon discovering that Teddy is a
secret hoarder.

Neighbor:
• We Lather Together Family Soaps

Exterminator:
• Mashed Potato Bugs

Burger of the Day:
• The Catch me If You Cran Burger (served with cranberry sauce)

I love Teddy, but he's best in small doses. Hell, the whole family
didn't want to deal with him this time. And now he's got Hoarder
Anxiety, which doesn't gel with Bob's Perfectionist Anxiety. Bob
pulled off Thanksgiving for once, and he could only focus on the
flaws. I was so happy for Bob at the end. He finally got the
Thanksgiving dinner he wanted after 8 seasons!

"Why does he need five plungers?"
"For different moods."

The kids were just on fire tonight.

Bob: "The turkey was a little dry."
Tina: "That's why God invented gravy."
Gene: "Or as I like to call it, turkey lube."

FAMILY GUY:
"Emmy-Winning Episode". Peter, who's tired of not winning an Emmy,
embarking on his own "For Your Consideration" campaign for "Family
Guy" by making the show more like Emmy-winning shows -- and no
category is off limits! Not as funny as it sounds.

FAMILY GUY:
"Petey IV". On Thanksgiving weekend, Peter discovers an alternate
ending in the Russian version of one of his favorite films and
writes to Vladimir Putin, who comes to Quahog. Meanwhile, a
strapped-for-cash Brian gets a job at a suicide hotline center and
attempts to strike up a relationship with a female coworker.

SPECIAL REPORT

TUCKER CARLSON

What did you watch?