Coronet Blue "Man Running"

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 9, 2018, 12:11:29 AM6/9/18
I have resumed watching these.

I just watched two particularly weak episodes. They're attempting comedy
for no good reason and not pulling it off. This one is a waste of an
excellent character actor, Denholm Elliott.

This episode, 8th in production, contributed several of the clips for
the opening titles. Normally you'd expect them to come from the first
couple of episodes but they must have done the titles after they were
all in the can, given the lengthy delay between production and actually
getting it on the air.

After a vague attempt at comedy with Max and a hot red sports car that
Michael (the assasination target as Max reminds him so it's ridiculous),
Michael is walking down a street I recognize. It's the canopy over the
entrance to Felix and Oscar's building! He spots assasins and thinks
they're for him!
newspaper publisher and political prisoner from an island nation whose
dictator I could have sworn had been overthrown by the Impossible
Mission Force.

There's a beautiful daughter, Miss Figalilly, the nanny on Nanny and the
Professor. That was a dumb show but it was on in second run syndication
when I was a kid and I watched it because Juliet Mills was adorable,
and in the grand tradition of television, saddled with a stiff leading man.

Hey anim! She was on "The Imposter" episode of A Man Called Shenandoah,
which fits in nicely with the theme of tonight's episode!

This episode has loads of henchmen who have no trouble keeping Michael
in line. Michael isn't too heroic this episode, as we keep getting
closeups of a gun pointed at his balls in Max's restaurant, chosen as a
meeting place to draw out Juliet Mills' father and so they won't have to
build another set. Actually, it's what the third set they've used for
Max's restaurant. Anyway, Michael clues Max in on what's going on. Max
gets to play hero, defeating the henchman! The restaurant gets
destroyed, which doesn't particularly concern Max.

It turns out Denholm Elliott wasn't her father but a former friend whose
now an apologist for the regime but wants to keep her father alive for
reasons I couldn't figure out.

It comes to a somewhat abrupt end; her real father claims he'll accept
an offer of asylum (which comes with a promise not to stir things up on
the island), an offer that must have been made off screen.

For the first time, Michael doesn't walk off at the end but drives her
back to school in the nifty car.

We completely forget about the henchmen who shot at Denholm Elliott at
the beginning. I still think they were after Michael, 'cuz how the hell
would the real guy have recruited henchmen?

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 9, 2018, 1:03:37 AM6/9/18
Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

>After a vague attempt at comedy with Max and a hot red sports car that
>Michael (the assasination target as Max reminds him so it's ridiculous),
>Michael is walking down a street I recognize. It's the canopy over the
>entrance to Felix and Oscar's building! . . .

Eh. Maybe I'm wrong. I glanced at the end of the pilot again to check
something. Michael exited Max's restaurant (the set with the pictures of
Max's eyeglasses all over the place when it was the Searching I); the
alley is adjacent to that building. I suppose all canopies look the
same, but that address 112 seemed familiar. I'll look for it next time
someone airs The Odd Couple.

anim8rfsk

Jun 9, 2018, 10:42:58 AM6/9/18
In article <pffk1e$bt4$1...@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

> I have resumed watching these.

Then so will I and get back to you!

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Ian J. Ball

Jun 9, 2018, 11:07:21 AM6/9/18
On 2018-06-09 14:42:54 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> In article <pffk1e$bt4$1...@dont-email.me>,
> "Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> I have resumed watching these.
>
> Then so will I and get back to you!

Oh, sh*t! This show's Wiki article is a mess, and needs a serious
cleanup. Prob. too big a job for me to get to today... :/

anim8rfsk

Jun 9, 2018, 11:22:19 PM6/9/18
In article <pffk1e$bt4$1...@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

> I have resumed watching these.
>
> I just watched two particularly weak episodes. They're attempting comedy
> for no good reason and not pulling it off. This one is a waste of an
> excellent character actor, Denholm Elliott.
>
> This episode, 8th in production, contributed several of the clips for
> the opening titles. Normally you'd expect them to come from the first
> couple of episodes but they must have done the titles after they were
> all in the can, given the lengthy delay between production and actually
> getting it on the air.

Eighth in production and airdate order except ... TWO episodes of the
first seven were pre-empted? What possible airdate order are we
following? And this came off my DVD set as ep SIX, so I guess that must
be following *actually* aired and not 'scheduled to be aired' dates.

I had the same thought about 'there's that red car from the titles!'
I'm not sure why Max yells Gray Beard but clearly these are meant to be
seen in a specific order. And weren't.

> After a vague attempt at comedy with Max and a hot red sports car that
> Michael (the assasination target as Max reminds him so it's ridiculous),

So Max drives off in the car (how's he going to get home?) and Michael
walks off and ... who's (literally) minding the store?

> Michael is walking down a street I recognize. It's the canopy over the

Hah, yes, it is!

> entrance to Felix and Oscar's building! He spots assasins and thinks
> they're for him!

Finally 6 minutes in we get the ep title and I confirm I'm watching the
right one.

> newspaper publisher and political prisoner from an island nation whose
> dictator I could have sworn had been overthrown by the Impossible
> Mission Force.

Wouldn't it be easier to take off his shirt to treat the bullet wound
rather than tear it asunder like Doc Savage?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cia-i4o-BzA/UiiOp8zwzUI/AAAAAAAAFII/jrNu3AifYZc
/s1600/docsteve3_zpsaff0f18f.jpg

> There's a beautiful daughter, Miss Figalilly, the nanny on Nanny and the
> Professor. That was a dumb show but it was on in second run syndication
> when I was a kid and I watched it because Juliet Mills was adorable,

Yes. And painfully young here; makes Michael seem like a lech!

> and in the grand tradition of television, saddled with a stiff leading man.

Like you wouldn't be stiff if Juliet Mills was saddled with you.

> Hey anim! She was on "The Imposter" episode of A Man Called Shenandoah,
> which fits in nicely with the theme of tonight's episode!

Heh

> This episode has loads of henchmen who have no trouble keeping Michael

The henchman in the brown suit, black shoes, and white sox at the
university is clearly Joe Santos from The Rockford Files!

> in line. Michael isn't too heroic this episode,

he beats up the henchman who quit fighting

The next morning when Max arrives the chain is fixed on the door. I
wonder when and how he did that?

I guess Michael uses Max's restaurant as his home address. I have no
idea how he got a drivers' license though.

"the whole secret, if you wanna make great coffee, is you gotta make it
in big batches, 100 cups as a time, like I do"

as we keep getting
> closeups of a gun pointed at his balls in Max's restaurant, chosen as a
> meeting place to draw out Juliet Mills' father and so they won't have to
> build another set. Actually, it's what the third set they've used for
> Max's restaurant. Anyway, Michael clues Max in on what's going on. Max
> gets to play hero, defeating the henchman! The restaurant gets
> destroyed, which doesn't particularly concern Max.

Max is a tough guy. That really took me by surprise.

> It turns out Denholm Elliott wasn't her father but a former friend whose
> now an apologist for the regime but wants to keep her father alive for
> reasons I couldn't figure out.

I think he wants to turn him in for a reward.

"School sequences filmed at
HORACE MAN SCHOOL FOR BOYS"

> It comes to a somewhat abrupt end; her real father claims he'll accept
> an offer of asylum (which comes with a promise not to stir things up on
> the island), an offer that must have been made off screen.

And the offer that they spent the whole episode saying he'd never
accept; I guess nobody ever asked *him* before.

> For the first time, Michael doesn't walk off at the end but drives her
> back to school in the nifty car.
>
> We completely forget about the henchmen who shot at Denholm Elliott at
> the beginning. I still think they were after Michael, 'cuz how the hell
> would the real guy have recruited henchmen?

No, I was listening for that. Denholm Elliot said that they were
friends of the girl's father (or possibly the girl's father's real
friend), who were after him. When Michael saved him, he decided to use
Michael in an impromptu scheme to catch the girl's father. I have no
idea who the henchmen at Horace Man School for Boys worked for. I don't
know why Denholm was at what I assume was the good guy's hotel in the
first place. I don't know why, with the good guys shooting at him in
front of their own hotel, the other good guys didn't know he was in the
mix. I don't know why he had Nanny's photo (unless he was the one who
told her he'd smuggle it in in the first place and never did, which has
creepy implications). I don't know why, since he knew Nanny was at the
Horace Mann School for Boys all along, he didn't do some variation of
this plan without Michael Long ago. I don't know how *any* of these
people got ahold of the real father. I don't know if the people in
Philadelphia are Michael's real parents, and I don't know why you have
to drive to Philly to see - there must be *some* way to wire a photo, or
just talk to him on the phone.

anim8rfsk

Jun 9, 2018, 11:23:20 PM6/9/18
In article <pffn37$ltt$5...@dont-email.me>,
What's the name of the restaurant? There's a long lingering shot of the
window sign in this ep, and I never could make it out.

anim8rfsk

Jun 10, 2018, 12:24:57 AM6/10/18
In article <pfgqf6$vhu$1...@dont-email.me>,
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2018-06-09 14:42:54 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
> > In article <pffk1e$bt4$1...@dont-email.me>,
> > "Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I have resumed watching these.
> >
> > Then so will I and get back to you!
>
> Oh, sh*t! This show's Wiki article is a mess, and needs a serious
> cleanup. Prob. too big a job for me to get to today... :/

Yeah, while I appreciate the episode production order, why is it *only*
in production order? Can you make reorderable column charts in the Wiki?

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 10, 2018, 3:34:51 AM6/10/18
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
>>Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

>>>After a vague attempt at comedy with Max and a hot red sports car that
>>>Michael (the assasination target as Max reminds him so it's ridiculous),
>>>Michael is walking down a street I recognize. It's the canopy over the
>>>entrance to Felix and Oscar's building! . . .

>>Eh. Maybe I'm wrong. I glanced at the end of the pilot again to check
>>something. Michael exited Max's restaurant (the set with the pictures of
>>Max's eyeglasses all over the place when it was the Searching I); the
>>alley is adjacent to that building. I suppose all canopies look the
>>same, but that address 112 seemed familiar. I'll look for it next time
>>someone airs The Odd Couple.

>What's the name of the restaurant? There's a long lingering shot of the
>window sign in this ep, and I never could make it out.

Searching I

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 10, 2018, 4:01:39 AM6/10/18
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

>>I have resumed watching these.

>>I just watched two particularly weak episodes. They're attempting comedy
>>for no good reason and not pulling it off. This one is a waste of an
>>excellent character actor, Denholm Elliott.

>>This episode, 8th in production, contributed several of the clips for
>>the opening titles. Normally you'd expect them to come from the first
>>couple of episodes but they must have done the titles after they were
>>all in the can, given the lengthy delay between production and actually
>>getting it on the air.

>Eighth in production and airdate order except ... TWO episodes of the
>first seven were pre-empted?

The two pre-empted episodes were rescheduled to air, then pre-empted
again!

>What possible airdate order are we following? And this came off my DVD
>set as ep SIX, so I guess that must be following *actually* aired and not
>'scheduled to be aired' dates.

I'm watching them in DVD order, ignoring original or scheduled air date
so I don't confuse myself.

>I had the same thought about 'there's that red car from the titles!'
>I'm not sure why Max yells Gray Beard but clearly these are meant to be
>seen in a specific order. And weren't.

It was Max's comment to Michael at the beginning of the episode.

>>After a vague attempt at comedy with Max and a hot red sports car that
>>Michael (the assasination target as Max reminds him so it's ridiculous),

>So Max drives off in the car (how's he going to get home?) and Michael
>walks off and ... who's (literally) minding the store?

It's bizarre as Max seems to have no permanent employees. I can't figure
out the restaurant, which seems to serve nothing but coffee and pastry
but is somehow a dance club with live music.

>>Michael is walking down a street I recognize. It's the canopy over the

>Hah, yes, it is!

I was right?

I had always assumed the apartment building overlooked Central Park, but
it's a couple blocks away, or they used multiple buildings to represent
their apartment building.

>>entrance to Felix and Oscar's building! He spots assasins and thinks
>>they're for him!

>Finally 6 minutes in we get the ep title and I confirm I'm watching the
>right one.

>>newspaper publisher and political prisoner from an island nation whose
>>dictator I could have sworn had been overthrown by the Impossible
>>Mission Force.

>Wouldn't it be easier to take off his shirt to treat the bullet wound
>rather than tear it asunder like Doc Savage?

>http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cia-i4o-BzA/UiiOp8zwzUI/AAAAAAAAFII/jrNu3AifYZc
>/s1600/docsteve3_zpsaff0f18f.jpg

Hah

>>There's a beautiful daughter, Miss Figalilly, the nanny on Nanny and the
>>Professor. That was a dumb show but it was on in second run syndication
>>when I was a kid and I watched it because Juliet Mills was adorable,

>Yes. And painfully young here; makes Michael seem like a lech!

He was born yesterday.

I have no idea what Michael's age is supposed to be. In episodes that
ignore the spy plot, they treat him like a young man in his early to mid
20s, but if he really was a spy, he should be a few years older than the
actor. He'd have undergone years of training to become an illegal.

>>and in the grand tradition of television, saddled with a stiff leading man.

>Like you wouldn't be stiff if Juliet Mills was saddled with you.

I was thinking about rewriting it to remove the double entendre, but
thought twice about it.

>>Hey anim! She was on "The Imposter" episode of A Man Called Shenandoah,
>>which fits in nicely with the theme of tonight's episode!

>Heh

>>This episode has loads of henchmen who have no trouble keeping Michael

>The henchman in the brown suit, black shoes, and white sox at the
>university is clearly Joe Santos from The Rockford Files!

I guess that's possible but there's no credit.

>>in line. Michael isn't too heroic this episode,

>he beats up the henchman who quit fighting

Yeah, then stole the girl.

>The next morning when Max arrives the chain is fixed on the door. I
>wonder when and how he did that?

>I guess Michael uses Max's restaurant as his home address. I have no
>idea how he got a drivers' license though.

Considering he was born yesterday.

>"the whole secret, if you wanna make great coffee, is you gotta make it
>in big batches, 100 cups as a time, like I do"

That was a weird conversation.

>>as we keep getting closeups of a gun pointed at his balls in Max's
>>restaurant, chosen as a meeting place to draw out Juliet Mills' father
>>and so they won't have to build another set. Actually, it's what the
>>third set they've used for Max's restaurant. Anyway, Michael clues Max
>>in on what's going on. Max gets to play hero, defeating the henchman! The
>>restaurant gets destroyed, which doesn't particularly concern Max.

>Max is a tough guy. That really took me by surprise.

Max's demeanor and special set of skills is inconsistent, yeah.

>>It turns out Denholm Elliott wasn't her father but a former friend whose
>>now an apologist for the regime but wants to keep her father alive for
>>reasons I couldn't figure out.

>I think he wants to turn him in for a reward.

Sorry, that was sloppily written. I'm clueless as to why the regime
wants him kept alive.

>"School sequences filmed at
>HORACE MAN SCHOOL FOR BOYS"

Thanks

>>It comes to a somewhat abrupt end; her real father claims he'll accept
>>an offer of asylum (which comes with a promise not to stir things up on
>>the island), an offer that must have been made off screen.

>And the offer that they spent the whole episode saying he'd never
>accept; I guess nobody ever asked *him* before.

Do today's assylum seekers know this? "I promise not work toward the
overthrow of the government of Guatemala." "Ok. I'm granting your
assylum application."

>>For the first time, Michael doesn't walk off at the end but drives her
>>back to school in the nifty car.

>>We completely forget about the henchmen who shot at Denholm Elliott at
>>the beginning. I still think they were after Michael, 'cuz how the hell
>>would the real guy have recruited henchmen?

>No, I was listening for that. Denholm Elliot said that they were
>friends of the girl's father (or possibly the girl's father's real
>friend), who were after him. When Michael saved him, he decided to use
>Michael in an impromptu scheme to catch the girl's father.

Right. I'm assuming that Denholm Elliot lied to Michael.

>I have no idea who the henchmen at Horace Man School for Boys worked for.
>I don't know why Denholm was at what I assume was the good guy's hotel
>in the first place. I don't know why, with the good guys shooting at
>him in front of their own hotel, the other good guys didn't know he was
>in the mix.

Yeah, all this is unwankable.

>I don't know why he had Nanny's photo (unless he was the one who told
>her he'd smuggle it in in the first place and never did, which has
>creepy implications).

I assume the regime took it from her father and gave it to him as a
prop, or just created a fake.

>I don't know why, since he knew Nanny was at the Horace Mann School
>for Boys all along, he didn't do some variation of this plan without
>Michael Long ago. I don't know how *any* of these people got ahold of
>the real father.

Why was her father in New York? It's not like he was addressing the
United Nations.

The only wank I can come up with: There are loads of people of the
island's ethnicity in New York (as New York has loads of Puerto Ricans).
So he was planning to recruit them to overthrow the regime. In which
case, the henchmen who shot at Denholm Elliot were his.

anim8rfsk

Jun 10, 2018, 11:41:22 AM6/10/18
In article <pfikao$91d$3...@dont-email.me>,
The next ep on your list begins with a great big clear lingering close
up of the sign of course!

Ian J. Ball

Jun 10, 2018, 12:05:15 PM6/10/18
On 2018-06-10 04:24:54 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> In article <pfgqf6$vhu$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 2018-06-09 14:42:54 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

>>> Then so will I and get back to you!
>>
>> Oh, sh*t! This show's Wiki article is a mess, and needs a serious
>> cleanup. Prob. too big a job for me to get to today... :/
>
> Yeah, while I appreciate the episode production order, why is it *only*
> in production order? Can you make reorderable column charts in the Wiki?

You can, but the tables you're *supposed* to use as episodes tables on
Wiki don't allow "sorting", because the episodes-plot-summary cell uses
'rowspan'.

In any case, the proper episode table is supposed to be listed in
airing order, but should include the prod. codes so that readers can
figure out the "proper" story/production order...

anim8rfsk

Jun 10, 2018, 12:16:42 PM6/10/18
In article <pfilt0$rhl$1...@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

> anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
> >"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
>
> >>I have resumed watching these.
>
> >>I just watched two particularly weak episodes. They're attempting comedy
> >>for no good reason and not pulling it off. This one is a waste of an
> >>excellent character actor, Denholm Elliott.
>
> >>This episode, 8th in production, contributed several of the clips for
> >>the opening titles. Normally you'd expect them to come from the first
> >>couple of episodes but they must have done the titles after they were
> >>all in the can, given the lengthy delay between production and actually
> >>getting it on the air.
>
> >Eighth in production and airdate order except ... TWO episodes of the
> >first seven were pre-empted?
>
> The two pre-empted episodes were rescheduled to air, then pre-empted
> again!

Yeesh

> >What possible airdate order are we following? And this came off my DVD
> >set as ep SIX, so I guess that must be following *actually* aired and not
> >'scheduled to be aired' dates.
>
> I'm watching them in DVD order, ignoring original or scheduled air date
> so I don't confuse myself.

K, TY

> >I had the same thought about 'there's that red car from the titles!'
> >I'm not sure why Max yells Gray Beard but clearly these are meant to be
> >seen in a specific order. And weren't.
>
> It was Max's comment to Michael at the beginning of the episode.
>
> >>After a vague attempt at comedy with Max and a hot red sports car that
> >>Michael (the assasination target as Max reminds him so it's ridiculous),
>
> >So Max drives off in the car (how's he going to get home?) and Michael
> >walks off and ... who's (literally) minding the store?
>
> It's bizarre as Max seems to have no permanent employees. I can't figure
> out the restaurant, which seems to serve nothing but coffee and pastry
> but is somehow a dance club with live music.

and here's the thing. Max's is *exactly* the same as the same era's THE
COFFEE BEAN where Peter Parker (aka The Amazing Spider-Man) hung out
with his best girl Gwen Stacy (before that sick lying creep JMS defiled
her) and friends. They'd mostly get coffee (even as a preteen I
wondered how a place survived just selling coffee) and maybe a danish,
and dancing could spontaneously break out at any moment. All it lacked
was a Max. So maybe places like that *did* exist, or maybe there was
one in some popular movie and everybody cribbed from that.

https://www.brainfreeze.be/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/John-Romita-sr.jpg

I don't know *why* they appended 'Barn' to the name here, beyond Stan's
fabled love of amazing alliteration!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0rO-A1KfOPA/UrUkdyPTp7I/AAAAAAAAiFY/PVsJYweEmG0
/s1600/SCOOK_CoffeeBean3.jpg

> >>Michael is walking down a street I recognize. It's the canopy over the
>
> >Hah, yes, it is!
>
> I was right?

I took your word for it

> I had always assumed the apartment building overlooked Central Park, but
> it's a couple blocks away, or they used multiple buildings to represent
> their apartment building.
>
> >>entrance to Felix and Oscar's building! He spots assasins and thinks
> >>they're for him!
>
> >Finally 6 minutes in we get the ep title and I confirm I'm watching the
> >right one.
>
> >>newspaper publisher and political prisoner from an island nation whose
> >>dictator I could have sworn had been overthrown by the Impossible
> >>Mission Force.
>
> >Wouldn't it be easier to take off his shirt to treat the bullet wound
> >rather than tear it asunder like Doc Savage?
>
> >http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cia-i4o-BzA/UiiOp8zwzUI/AAAAAAAAFII/jrNu3AifYZc
> >/s1600/docsteve3_zpsaff0f18f.jpg
>
> Hah
>
> >>There's a beautiful daughter, Miss Figalilly, the nanny on Nanny and the
> >>Professor. That was a dumb show but it was on in second run syndication
> >>when I was a kid and I watched it because Juliet Mills was adorable,
>
> >Yes. And painfully young here; makes Michael seem like a lech!
>
> He was born yesterday.
>
> I have no idea what Michael's age is supposed to be. In episodes that
> ignore the spy plot, they treat him like a young man in his early to mid
> 20s, but if he really was a spy, he should be a few years older than the
> actor. He'd have undergone years of training to become an illegal.

Converse was 27. He looks older, but I suspect he's supposed to be
younger, what with fitting in on college campuses and all. He's 80 now.
:(

> >>and in the grand tradition of television, saddled with a stiff leading man.
>
> >Like you wouldn't be stiff if Juliet Mills was saddled with you.
>
> I was thinking about rewriting it to remove the double entendre, but
> thought twice about it.

I bet you wouldn't think twice about it if Juliet Mills was saddled with
you.

Juliet Mills was 23, but looks 10 years younger than Converse.

> >>Hey anim! She was on "The Imposter" episode of A Man Called Shenandoah,
> >>which fits in nicely with the theme of tonight's episode!
>
> >Heh
>
> >>This episode has loads of henchmen who have no trouble keeping Michael
>
> >The henchman in the brown suit, black shoes, and white sox at the
> >university is clearly Joe Santos from The Rockford Files!
>
> I guess that's possible but there's no credit.

I still don't understand that sequence. They're laughing as Converse
and Mills drive off, so they must just have been trying to stir the pot?
Which means they work for Denholm?
Yeah. Exactly how many refugees wading in off the raft won't be willing
to lie about that? Or, Hell, honestly agree to it?

> >>For the first time, Michael doesn't walk off at the end but drives her
> >>back to school in the nifty car.
>
> >>We completely forget about the henchmen who shot at Denholm Elliott at
> >>the beginning. I still think they were after Michael, 'cuz how the hell
> >>would the real guy have recruited henchmen?
>
> >No, I was listening for that. Denholm Elliot said that they were
> >friends of the girl's father (or possibly the girl's father's real
> >friend), who were after him. When Michael saved him, he decided to use
> >Michael in an impromptu scheme to catch the girl's father.
>
> Right. I'm assuming that Denholm Elliot lied to Michael.

LOL, well, *that* assumption leaves us wide open. This really needed
the Dragon Lady watching from the wings ...

> >I have no idea who the henchmen at Horace Man School for Boys worked for.
> >I don't know why Denholm was at what I assume was the good guy's hotel
> >in the first place. I don't know why, with the good guys shooting at
> >him in front of their own hotel, the other good guys didn't know he was
> >in the mix.
>
> Yeah, all this is unwankable.

I recognize credited writer Art Wallace from DARK SHADOWS, but he also
wrote 'Obsession' and 'Assignment Earth' for STAR TREK, as well as
episodes of THE INVADERS, PLANET OF THE APES, SPACE 1999 ...

> >I don't know why he had Nanny's photo (unless he was the one who told
> >her he'd smuggle it in in the first place and never did, which has
> >creepy implications).
>
> I assume the regime took it from her father and gave it to him as a
> prop, or just created a fake.

And Elliot has it in his pocket when they're shooting at him *just in
case* even though he *knows* where she is.

> >I don't know why, since he knew Nanny was at the Horace Mann School
> >for Boys all along, he didn't do some variation of this plan without
> >Michael Long ago. I don't know how *any* of these people got ahold of
> >the real father.
>
> Why was her father in New York? It's not like he was addressing the
> United Nations.

Like James Mason in North By Northwest. Sort of.

> The only wank I can come up with: There are loads of people of the
> island's ethnicity in New York (as New York has loads of Puerto Ricans).
> So he was planning to recruit them to overthrow the regime. In which
> case, the henchmen who shot at Denholm Elliot were his.

No clew.

anim8rfsk

Jun 10, 2018, 12:39:24 PM6/10/18
In article <pfji7o$qjc$1...@dont-email.me>,
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2018-06-10 04:24:54 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
> > In article <pfgqf6$vhu$1...@dont-email.me>,
> > Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> >> Oh, sh*t! This show's Wiki article is a mess, and needs a serious
> >> cleanup. Prob. too big a job for me to get to today... :/
> >
> > Yeah, while I appreciate the episode production order, why is it *only*
> > in production order? Can you make reorderable column charts in the Wiki?
>
> You can, but the tables you're *supposed* to use as episodes tables on
> Wiki don't allow "sorting", because the episodes-plot-summary cell uses
> 'rowspan'.
>
> In any case, the proper episode table is supposed to be listed in
> airing order, but should include the prod. codes so that readers can
> figure out the "proper" story/production order...

So since 2 eps were preempted twice each (!) do you use 'original
intention air dates' or 'secondary intention air dates' or 'actual air
dates'?

Ian J. Ball

Jun 10, 2018, 1:29:10 PM6/10/18
You would use the actual airdates, though you'd likely want to note the
originally scheduled airdate and the preemption... For the ones that
went unaired, you're supposed to mark it as "unaired" under "Air date".