What did E! say about Dakota Fanning

Barry Margolin

Jan 17, 2005, 8:34:57 PM1/17/05
At the end of tonight's "E! News Live", they apologized to Dakota
Fanning for an insensitive comment that was made about her on the red
carpet of the Golden Globes. Who said what?

--
Barry Margolin, bar...@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA

J D

Jan 17, 2005, 8:37:48 PM1/17/05
"Barry Margolin" <bar...@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message

I believe someone joked that she was going into rehab.

IAPW

Jan 17, 2005, 8:57:44 PM1/17/05
In article <MLZGd.2824$Rs....@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,

J D <getm...@here.com> wrote:
>"Barry Margolin" <bar...@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message
>> At the end of tonight's "E! News Live", they apologized to Dakota
>> Fanning for an insensitive comment that was made about her on the red
>> carpet of the Golden Globes. Who said what?
>
>I believe someone joked that she was going into rehab.

What a bunch of jerks. Dakota Fanning is so cute I would never say
anything bad about her.

IAPW - defender and protector of Dakota Fanning, Emma Roberts, Lindsay
Lohan, and Natalie Portman

--
" We gonna charge, we gonna stomp, we gonna march through the swamp
We gonna mosh through the marsh, take us right through the doors"

EvieC123

Jan 17, 2005, 8:58:28 PM1/17/05
Date: 1/17/2005 5:34 PM Pacific Standard Time

>At the end of tonight's "E! News Live", they apologized to Dakota Fanning for
an insensitive comment that was made about her on the red carpet of the Golden
Globes. Who said what?

It wasn't just a comment.Kathy Griffin made a running joke of little Dakota,
asking the various celebs she interviewed what they thought of 10-year-old
Dakota checking into rehab. It was just tasteless (and of course untrue).
*~Evie~*

Microsoap

Jan 17, 2005, 9:07:38 PM1/17/05

Barry Margolin wrote:

> At the end of tonight's "E! News Live", they apologized to Dakota
> Fanning for an insensitive comment that was made about her on the red
> carpet of the Golden Globes. Who said what?

Hopefully that she's just a precocious little cunt. I wouldn't apologize
for that. Hell, if I could ever get the planets aligned so that I'm a
casting agent and she's auditioning, I'd personally tell her that to my
face. She needs to be grounded.

pioneer

Jan 17, 2005, 9:33:50 PM1/17/05

Microsoap wrote:

> Hopefully that she's just a precocious little cunt. I wouldn't
apologize
> for that. Hell, if I could ever get the planets aligned so that I'm a

> casting agent and she's auditioning, I'd personally tell her that to
my
> face. She needs to be grounded.

Your an idiot!!

RichA

Jan 17, 2005, 9:55:52 PM1/17/05

I think it's telling of the depraved vermin who run Hollywood
and live there that they could make a joke like that about
a very young person. One day, the cabal will be eliminated.
-Rich

trotsky

Jan 17, 2005, 10:18:04 PM1/17/05

I have a slightly different take: that she's the best actress in
America. And she really doesn't even have any competition.

trotsky

Jan 17, 2005, 10:23:53 PM1/17/05

Does the FBI know?

Pidge

Jan 17, 2005, 10:34:09 PM1/17/05
On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 20:34:57 -0500, Barry Margolin <bar...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

>At the end of tonight's "E! News Live", they apologized to Dakota
>Fanning for an insensitive comment that was made about her on the red
>carpet of the Golden Globes. Who said what?

I just read about it.
Kathy "Dumbass" Griffin repeatedly said Dakota was entering drug rehab.
And went so far as to mention it to the two teenage kids off "Arrested
Development."

>--
>Barry Margolin, bar...@alum.mit.edu
>Arlington, MA

-------------
To send email, replace "antispam" with "sympatico"
Freddie Highmore, Best Supporting Actor nomination, SAG Awards!

Jorabi

Jan 17, 2005, 11:59:05 PM1/17/05

"EvieC123" wrote ...

> Barry Margolin:

>>At the end of tonight's "E! News Live", they apologized to
>>Dakota Fanning for an insensitive comment that was made
>>about her on the red carpet of the Golden Globes. Who said
>> what?
>>
> It wasn't just a comment.Kathy Griffin made a running joke
> of little Dakota, asking the various celebs she interviewed
> what they thought of 10-year-old Dakota checking into rehab.
> It was just tasteless (and of course untrue).

Griffin was disgusting. If it was their attempt to add some
"irrevernce" to the show since they fired Joan Rivers, it
failed miserably. Most of the people she interviewed stood
there with their mouths open, dumbfounded. The Dakota thing
was just the tip of the iceberg.

Milhouse Van Houten

Jan 18, 2005, 2:05:16 AM1/18/05
"Jorabi" <jor...@pobox.com> wrote in message

>> It wasn't just a comment.Kathy Griffin made a running joke
>> of little Dakota, asking the various celebs she interviewed
>> what they thought of 10-year-old Dakota checking into rehab.
>> It was just tasteless (and of course untrue).
>
> Griffin was disgusting. If it was their attempt to add some
> "irrevernce" to the show since they fired Joan Rivers, it
> failed miserably. Most of the people she interviewed stood
> there with their mouths open, dumbfounded. The Dakota thing
> was just the tip of the iceberg.

I thought it was a refreshing change from every single other banal
interviewer on the three red carpet networks. For once, instead of "How does
it feel to be nominated?" or "Who are you wearing?" we got non-sequiturs
like "Who do you think is going to win The Amazing Race." The celebrities
with even the dimmest comedic bulb in their head got it, and those that
didn't, come on, you're talking to a well-know comedian.

pioneer

Jan 18, 2005, 9:07:05 AM1/18/05

Milhouse Van Houten wrote:
> I thought it was a refreshing change from every single other banal
> interviewer on the three red carpet networks. For once, instead of
"How does
> it feel to be nominated?" or "Who are you wearing?" we got
non-sequiturs
> like "Who do you think is going to win The Amazing Race." The
celebrities
> with even the dimmest comedic bulb in their head got it, and those
that
> didn't, come on, you're talking to a well-know comedian.

Refreshing? Her bulb (and yours) must be completely burned out. Number
one, if you're watching awards shows, especially the red carpet portion
of them (on more than one network?), then you don't have much of a
life. Number two, if you think making jokes about a 10 year old being
in rehab is funny your an idiot.

Milhouse Van Houten

Jan 18, 2005, 12:10:22 PM1/18/05
"pioneer" <scottp...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> Refreshing? Her bulb (and yours) must be completely burned out. Number
> one, if you're watching awards shows, especially the red carpet portion
> of them (on more than one network?), then you don't have much of a
> life. Number two, if you think making jokes about a 10 year old being
> in rehab is funny your an idiot.

Thanks.

Microsoap

Jan 18, 2005, 1:50:10 PM1/18/05

pioneer wrote:

But it WAS okay for the media to make fun of Maculay Culkin sleeping
(Re: having sexual intercourse) w/ Michael Jackson back in the
early-'90s when he was a kid himself? Because they did that you know.
You have to have thick skin. It's just a joke.

Bill

Jan 18, 2005, 2:23:51 PM1/18/05
In article <Ib_Gd.17534$W33.6...@news20.bellglobal.com>,
Microsoap <micr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hopefully that she's just a precocious little cunt. I wouldn't apologize
> for that. Hell, if I could ever get the planets aligned so that I'm a
> casting agent and she's auditioning, I'd personally tell her that to my
> face. She needs to be grounded.

She is certainly precocious. I can see how that might be scary to some
people.

IAPW

Jan 18, 2005, 3:43:58 PM1/18/05
In article <Md%Gd.12246$eT5.4149@attbi_s51>,

trotsky <gms...@email.com> wrote:

>I have a slightly different take: that she's the best actress in
>America. And she really doesn't even have any competition.

Sniff. How right you are trotsky. I couldn't agree any more with those
lovely words.

pioneer

Jan 18, 2005, 10:14:41 PM1/18/05

Microsoap wrote:
> But it WAS okay for the media to make fun of Maculay Culkin sleeping
> (Re: having sexual intercourse) w/ Michael Jackson back in the
> early-'90s when he was a kid himself? Because they did that you know.

> You have to have thick skin. It's just a joke.

And I said this when?

IDIOT

pioneer

Jan 18, 2005, 10:17:49 PM1/18/05
A thick skin, or a lack of decency?

pioneer

Jan 18, 2005, 10:28:39 PM1/18/05
Milhouse Van Houten wrote:
> Thanks.

Unbelieveable!

desperatehousewives

Jan 18, 2005, 10:37:37 PM1/18/05

pioneer wrote:

> A thick skin, or a lack of decency?

oh, heaven forbid if we ever use the word "precocious" as a negative
towards a child actor, eh? um...

IAPW

Jan 18, 2005, 10:59:28 PM1/18/05
In article <4CkHd.44726$W33.9...@news20.bellglobal.com>,

desperatehousewives <"desperatehousewives"@gmail.com> wrote:

>oh, heaven forbid if we ever use the word "precocious" as a negative
>towards a child actor, eh? um...

Couldn't agree with you more! I love precocious actresses! Mmmm...
precocious...

Captain Infinity

Jan 18, 2005, 11:06:37 PM1/18/05
The Time Has Come, Microsoap said
To Talk Of Many Things...

Can we please just all calm down here and stop the fighting? The
important thing is that that poor little girl is finally getting the
help she needs. Can't we just be happy for her?

**
Captain Infinity
..."Once you get used to the druggings, this isn't a bad place."
--Marge Simpson

Barry Margolin

Jan 19, 2005, 12:03:51 AM1/19/05
In article <1106057225.2...@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
"pioneer" <scottp...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Number two, if you think making jokes about a 10 year old being
> in rehab is funny your an idiot.

Come on, aren't the problems of child stars an old cliche in Hollywood?
Griffin is hardly the first to make jokes about them, although it was
probably a bit much to hammer on just one kid as much as she did.

I think Drew Barrymore was almost this young when she became a drug
addict, and Fanning seems to be repeating Barrymore's career path by
getting so much fame at such a young age. And did Tatum O'Neal also
have a rocky childhood?

Desperate Housewives

Jan 19, 2005, 12:35:20 AM1/19/05

Captain Infinity wrote:

Um... Oh, didn't you hear? It... um, seems the janitor at the rehab
center was just a little TOO NICE and in nine months... well, you know.

;-)

'Dakota Fanning Star In: Rock-A-Bye Rehab Center'

Microsoap

Jan 19, 2005, 12:41:59 AM1/19/05

Barry Margolin wrote:

Jackie Coogan comes to mind. Of course we don't hope she becomes another
(Roscoe) Fatty Arbuckle.

IAPW

Jan 19, 2005, 1:08:00 AM1/19/05
In article <barmar-42D33B....@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,

Barry Margolin <bar...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

>I think Drew Barrymore was almost this young when she became a drug
>addict, and Fanning seems to be repeating Barrymore's career path by
>getting so much fame at such a young age. And did Tatum O'Neal also
>have a rocky childhood?

Natalie Portman turned out perfectly fine after her sex-romp in the
Professional (ie Matilda). If anything, she's relatively squeaky clean.

Barry Margolin

Jan 19, 2005, 7:08:40 PM1/19/05
In article <csktg0$8g2$1...@chessie.cirr.com>, IAPW <lk...@my-deja.com>
wrote:

> In article <barmar-42D33B....@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,
> Barry Margolin <bar...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> >
> >I think Drew Barrymore was almost this young when she became a drug
> >addict, and Fanning seems to be repeating Barrymore's career path by
> >getting so much fame at such a young age. And did Tatum O'Neal also
> >have a rocky childhood?
>
> Natalie Portman turned out perfectly fine after her sex-romp in the
> Professional (ie Matilda). If anything, she's relatively squeaky clean.

Yes, many child stars have managed to avoid the jinx. Jodie Foster also
comes to mind as one of the most successful to make the transition from
child star to adult star.

But that doesn't make the stereotype invalid. For every Jodie Foster
and Natalie Portman, there's Todd Bridges and Dana Plato.

Bill

Jan 20, 2005, 4:20:38 PM1/20/05
In article <barmar-80B309....@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,
Barry Margolin <bar...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> But that doesn't make the stereotype invalid. For every Jodie Foster
> and Natalie Portman, there's Todd Bridges and Dana Plato.

You're comparing very bright, talented kids with kids who just happened
to get a job on a TV show.

Stereotypes are by definition invalid. In this case, the sterotype is
that one or two well-publicized cases apply to all members of the group.

Lessee. Shirley Temple, Jane Withers, Mickey Rooney, Roddy McDowall,
Helen Hunt, Leonardo DiCaprio, Allyson Hannigan, Hayley Mills, Petula
Clark, Shelley Fabares, Richard Dreyfuss...