Today's premieres and other notes (Tuesday, Jan. 2)

Robin Miller

Jan 2, 2018, 9:31:45 AM1/2/18

Ellen's Game of Games [new] (8 and 9 pm, two episodes, NBC)

Ellen DeGeneres hosts this six-episode, hour-long game show that will
feature expanded versions of the various party games featured during her
daytime talk show. [Actually premiered on Dec. 18.]

LA to Vegas [new] (9 pm, Fox)

Temporarily (until the spring) displacing Brooklyn Nine-Nine on Tuesdays
is this new Fox sitcom from from writer/producer Lon Zimmet (Superstore,
Happy Endings, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt). This single-camera workplace
comedy focuses on the crew and regular passengers of a regular weekend
roundtrip flight between Los Angeles and Las Vegas. Dylan McDermott
heads a cast that also includes Ed Weeks, Kim Matula, Olivia Macklin,
and Peter Stormare.

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/la-to-vegas [Metacritic score 40]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1mg2qahjBE

https://www.fox.com/la-to-vegas/

Tesla's Death Ray: A Murder Declassified [new; documentary
miniseries] (10 pm, Discovery Channel)

Did Nikola Tesla conceive one of the first weapons of mass destruction
and was he murdered for it? The radio, cell phone, and alternating
current electricity have all revolutionized the way humans live and they
all have one very important person in common: Nikola Tesla. Tesla, often
called the Man Who Invented the 20th Century, was the most famous and
perhaps most dangerous mind of his time. In 1943, he was found dead in a
hotel room, his safe cracked open, and his research missing. In 2016,
the FBI declassified 250 documents that give fresh insight into Tesla's
final work and final days. These files reveal new information about a
weapon Tesla conceived called the Death Ray and show world superpowers
including the US, Soviet Union and Axis powers were all interested in
the weapon. The declassified FBI files lead many experts to believe a
full investigation is needed to determine what happened to Nikola Tesla.
[Actually premiered on Dec. 22.]

Winter premieres:

Lethal Weapon (8 pm, Fox)

The Middle (8 pm, ABC)

NCIS (8 pm, CBS)

Fresh off the Boat (8:30 pm, ABC)

Black-ish (9 pm, ABC)

Bull (9 pm, CBS)

The Mick (9:30 pm, Fox) [new time slot)

Chicago Med (10 pm, NBC)

NCIS: New Orleans (10 pm, CBS)

Kevin (Probably) Saves the World (10 pm, ABC)

Cable reality:

My Big Fat Fabulous Life (season 5 premiere) (8 and 9 pm,
two episodes, TLC)

Married at First Sight (season 6 premiere) (8 and 9 pm, two
episodes, Lifetime Channel)

Intervention (season 18 premiere) (9 and 10 pm, two
episodes, A&E)

The Challenge: Vendettas (season 31 premiere) (9 pm, MTV)

Hack My Life (season 5 premiere) (10 pm, truTV)

Hunting Hitler (season 3 premiere) (10 pm, History Channel)

I Am Jazz (season 4 premiere) (10 pm, TLC)

Restored by the Fords [new] (10 pm, HGTV)

Siblings Leanne and Steve Ford will enliven older Pittsburgh-area homes
with beautiful and unique custom designs in HGTV's new series Restored
by the Fords. The series follows Leanne, an interior designer, as she
creates a new look and floor plan for homes, while her brother Steve, a
licensed contractor and renovator, executes her vision to maximize the
charm and functionality of outdated properties.

Tomorrow's advance notes:

Grown-ish [new] (8 and 8:30 pm, two episodes, Freeform)

Black-ish spinoff centers on Yara Shahidi's Zoey as she heads off to
college. Regular time is 8 pm.

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/grown-ish

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grown-ish

https://freeform.go.com/shows/grown-ish

The Amazing Race (season 30 premiere) (8 pm, CBS)

The X-Files (season 11 premiere) (8 pm, Fox)

The 10-episode second season of the revived series (and 11th overall)
returns the original cast (led by David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson)
and includes appearances by Annabeth Gish, Robbie Amell, Lauren Ambrose,
Karin Konoval, Barbara Hershey, and Haley Joel Osment. Only tonight's
premiere and the season finale will center on the ongoing storyline,
while the remaining eight episodes will be stand-alone adventures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRdrt8nPyy8

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-x-files/season-11

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_X-Files

https://www.fox.com/the-x-files/

9-1-1 [new] (9 pm, Fox)

Created by Ryan Murphy along with his American Horror Story
collaborators Brad Falchuk and Tim Minear, the series follows first
responders (drawing from police, paramedics and firefighters) played by
the likes of Angela Bassett, Peter Krause, Connie Britton, Aisha Hinds,
and Rockmond Dunbar.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7235466/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTQj3UgIj74

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/9-1-1 [Metacritic score 63]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9-1-1_(TV_series)

https://www.fox.com/9-1-1/

Match Game (season 3 premiere) (10 pm, ABC)

Laff Mobb's Laff Tracks [new] (11 pm, truTV)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Kf1s0NCxI

http://www.trutv.com/shows/laff-mobbs-laff-tracks/index.html

Winter premieres:

The Goldbergs (8 pm, ABC)

Speechless (8:30 pm, ABC)

Modern Family (9 pm, ABC)

American Housewife (9:30 pm, ABC)

Seal Team (9 pm, CBS)

Criminal Minds (10 pm, CBS)

The Blacklist (8 pm, NBC)

Law & Order: SVU (9 pm, NBC)

Chicago P.D. (10 pm, NBC)

--Robin

Dimensional Traveler

Jan 2, 2018, 3:44:44 PM1/2/18
On 1/2/2018 6:31 AM, Robin Miller wrote:

> The X-Files        (season 11 premiere)       (8 pm, Fox)
>
> The 10-episode second season of the revived series (and 11th overall)
> returns the original cast (led by David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson)
> and includes appearances by Annabeth Gish, Robbie Amell, Lauren Ambrose,
> Karin Konoval, Barbara Hershey, and Haley Joel Osment. Only tonight's
> premiere and the season finale will center on the ongoing storyline,
> while the remaining eight episodes will be stand-alone adventures.

And Gillian hates all of you for making her come back for this, but she
especially hates Anim. Because he's Anim.

instinct are running screaming.

anim8rfsk

Jan 2, 2018, 9:44:51 PM1/2/18
In article <p2gqvp$pv8$3...@dont-email.me>,
Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

> On 1/2/2018 6:31 AM, Robin Miller wrote:
> >
> > The X-Files        (season 11 premiere)       (8 pm, Fox)
> >
> > The 10-episode second season of the revived series (and 11th overall)
> > returns the original cast (led by David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson)
> > and includes appearances by Annabeth Gish, Robbie Amell, Lauren Ambrose,
> > Karin Konoval, Barbara Hershey, and Haley Joel Osment. Only tonight's
> > premiere and the season finale will center on the ongoing storyline,
> > while the remaining eight episodes will be stand-alone adventures.
> >
> And Gillian hates all of you for making her come back for this, but she
> especially hates Anim. Because he's Anim.

I think I watched maybe a third of the first ep of the previous season
and ... that was it.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Dimensional Traveler

Jan 3, 2018, 12:08:29 AM1/3/18
On 1/2/2018 6:44 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p2gqvp$pv8$3...@dont-email.me>,
> Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> On 1/2/2018 6:31 AM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>>
>>> The X-Files        (season 11 premiere)       (8 pm, Fox)
>>>
>>> The 10-episode second season of the revived series (and 11th overall)
>>> returns the original cast (led by David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson)
>>> and includes appearances by Annabeth Gish, Robbie Amell, Lauren Ambrose,
>>> Karin Konoval, Barbara Hershey, and Haley Joel Osment. Only tonight's
>>> premiere and the season finale will center on the ongoing storyline,
>>> while the remaining eight episodes will be stand-alone adventures.
>>>
>> And Gillian hates all of you for making her come back for this, but she
>> especially hates Anim. Because he's Anim.
>
> I think I watched maybe a third of the first ep of the previous season
> and ... that was it.

And that's why she hates you. :P

anim8rfsk

Jan 3, 2018, 1:54:10 PM1/3/18
In article <p2hoga$1k4$2...@dont-email.me>,
Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

> On 1/2/2018 6:44 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <p2gqvp$pv8$3...@dont-email.me>,
> > Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

> >> And Gillian hates all of you for making her come back for this, but she
> >> especially hates Anim. Because he's Anim.
> >
> > I think I watched maybe a third of the first ep of the previous season
> > and ... that was it.
> >
> And that's why she hates you. :P

She's a Ginger. Let her steal Ian's soul.

OBJECTION YOUR HONOR, ASSUMES FACTS NOT IN EVIDENCE!

Dimensional Traveler

Jan 3, 2018, 5:58:44 PM1/3/18
On 1/3/2018 10:54 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p2hoga$1k4$2...@dont-email.me>,
> Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> On 1/2/2018 6:44 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> I think I watched maybe a third of the first ep of the previous season
>>> and ... that was it.
>>>
>> And that's why she hates you. :P
>
> She's a Ginger. Let her steal Ian's soul.
>

> OBJECTION YOUR HONOR, ASSUMES FACTS NOT IN EVIDENCE!

You mean the fact that Gillian Anderson is a blonde?

anim8rfsk

Jan 3, 2018, 9:15:14 PM1/3/18
In article <p2jn72$m77$2...@dont-email.me>,
No, that Ian has a soul.

Dimensional Traveler

Jan 4, 2018, 8:50:56 PM1/4/18
On 1/3/2018 6:15 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p2jn72$m77$2...@dont-email.me>,
> Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> On 1/3/2018 10:54 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> She's a Ginger. Let her steal Ian's soul.
>>>

>>> OBJECTION YOUR HONOR, ASSUMES FACTS NOT IN EVIDENCE!
>>>
>> You mean the fact that Gillian Anderson is a blonde?
>
> No, that Ian has a soul.

Is that why he's always wrong?