Today's premieres and other notes (Thursday, Sept. 13)

Robin Miller

Sep 13, 2018, 3:30:51 PM9/13/18

Reversing Roe (documentary) (3:01 am, Netflix)

45 years after it revolutionized abortion law in America, the landmark
1973 US Supreme Court case Roe v. Wade is once again at a crossroads.
Reversing Roe depicts the state of abortion and women’s rights in America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihN7DR1Ce6g

https://www.netflix.com/title/80192834

Snatch (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Crackle)

They've found the good life in Costa del Sol. But nothing lasts forever.
The Hill Gang's taking on Spain in Season 2 of Snatch. 10 episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0myTY076EA

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/snatch-2017/season-2

Versailles: An Introduction (intro to season 3) (2 pm,
Ovation)

Season 3 premieres on Oct. 6.

The Oslo Diaries (documentary) (8 pm, HBO)

On the Israeli-Palestinian peace negotiations in Oslo during the 1990s.

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-oslo-diaries [Metacritic score 70]

Flip or Flop Atlanta (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, HGTV)

Match Game (season 3 finale) (9 pm, ABC)

Queen of the South (season 3 finale) (9 pm, USA)

Shooter (season 3 and series finale) (10 pm, USA)

The production company has stated that it is trying to place the series
elsewhere, but there's been no further word that I am aware of.

Take Two (season 1 finale) (10 pm, ABC)

To Catch a Killer [new] (10 pm, Investigation Discovery)

Step inside the mind of a detective as he hunts down a ruthless
murderer. Each episode of TO CATCH A KILLER unfolds as an epic game of
cat-and-mouse, leading to the bombshell moment when these two
adversaries on opposite sides of the law come together.

Laff Mobb's Laff Tracks (season 2 premiere) (10:30 pm,
truTV)

Tomorrow's advance notes:

Streaming:

American Vandal (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Season 2 of the Emmy-nominated and Peabody Award-winning true-crime
satire follows documentarians Peter Maldonado and Sam Ecklund as they
bring their investigative skills to an elite Catholic school where
someone has been taking poop-related pranks to new heights.

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/american-vandal/season-2 [Metacritic
score 75]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwrr6aIWeus

https://www.netflix.com/title/80117545

Boca Juniors Confidential [new; complete season 1] (3:01
am, Netflix)

Players, fans and staff of soccer powerhouse Boca Juniors provide an
exclusive, behind-the-scenes look at Argentina's legendary club.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9aoNAvjYZw

https://www.netflix.com/title/80220035

BoJack Horseman (complete season 5) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Adult animated series.

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/bojack-horseman/season-5 [Metacritic
score 94]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW3T7GEHs_8

https://www.netflix.com/title/70300800

Car Masters: Rust to Riches [new; complete season 1]
(3:01 am, Netflix)

What does it take to turn $1000 into $100,000? In Car Masters: Rust To
Riches, Mark Towle and his team at Gotham Garage have perfected the
upgrade and trade model, using sweat equity and sheer car genius to turn
rusty wrecks into six-figure paydays.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80194704

The Dragon Prince [new; complete season 1] (3:01
am, Netflix)

Two human princes forge an unlikely bond with the elfin assassin sent to
kill them, embarking on an epic quest to bring peace to their warring
lands. Animated children's series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWEtCsi3Eo8

https://www.netflix.com/title/80212245

Ingobernable (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Emilia Urquiza (Kate del Castillo), is the first lady of Mexico with big
plans to improve conditions for the country through her commitment in
fighting for peace. She is a woman with a strong personality, conviction
and clear ideas that make her capable of doing anything. As Emilia
starts to lose faith in her husband, Diego Nava (Erik Hayser), she finds
herself at a crossroad where she will need to find a way to deal with a
great challenge and uncover the truth. Spanish-language series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IDYEYOCFjA

https://www.netflix.com/title/80066429

Last Hope [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)

After causing the near extinction of mankind seven years ago, genius
scientist Leon Lau must now fight the ecological disaster he unwittingly
created. Japanese language.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=20354

https://www.netflix.com/title/80221272

Norm Macdonald Has a Show [new; complete season 1] (3:01
am, Netflix)

The former SNL star's new Netflix talk show will welcome guests
including David Letterman, Drew Barrymore, Chevy Chase, Jane Fonda,
Michael Keaton, and Judge Judy. All 10 episodes stream today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sGN5ndb1CI

https://www.netflix.com/title/80225949

The Rise of Phoenixes [new] (3:01 am, Netflix)

When a secret from the past rears its head, a respected court scholar
must choose between avenging her family and staying true to the prince
she loves. Mandarin series from China; the first 15 episodes (of 70?)
are available.

https://variety.com/2018/digital/asia/netflix-to-fly-with-china-rise-of-phoenixes-1202921556/

https://www.netflix.com/title/80993613

Super Monsters: Monster Party [new; complete season 1]
(3:01 am, Netflix)

From acclaimed producer Avi Arad comes Super Monsters, an all-new
animated series for kids following the adventures of six friends and
their not-so traditional preschool experience.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81002336

Related to Super Monsters: https://www.netflix.com/title/80124711

The World's Most Extraordinary Homes (complete season 2)
(3:01 am, Netflix)

Award-winning architect Piers Taylor and actress/property enthusiast
Caroline Quentin travel the world touring beautifully unconventional homes.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80213025

The Land of Steady Habits (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Feeling trapped in the stifling, wealthy enclave of Westport,
Connecticut, Anders Hill (Ben Mendelsohn) retires from his job in
finance and leaves his wife (Edie Falco) in the hopes that it will renew
his lust for life. However, he’s quickly faced with the startling
reality of his choices; he spends his days looking for things to
decorate his empty shelves, sleeping with strangers and feeling terribly
lost. The sixth feature from Nicole Holofcener (Please Give, Lovely &
Amazing) is a Netflix exclusive that streams just two days after its
world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival. Connie
Britton and Thomas Mann also star.

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-land-of-steady-habits
[Metacritic score 67]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbKDFMW8hGE

https://www.netflix.com/title/80164779

The Angel (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

The Angel is the true story of Ashraf Marwan, who was Egyptian President
Nasser's son-in-law, and special advisor and confidant to his successor
Anwar Sadat, while simultaneously one of Israeli Intelligence's most
precious assets of the 20th century.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0q2WbXQWbw

https://www.netflix.com/title/80188120

Bleach (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

When high schooler Ichigo is suddenly given reaper abilities, he really
wants to give the powers back. But he'll have to reap some souls first.
Japanese language.

https://comicbook.com/anime/2018/08/22/bleach-live-action-movie-netflix-anime-/

https://www.netflix.com/title/80217733

Follows three seasons of a TV series from 2005:
https://www.netflix.com/title/70204957

The First [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Hulu)

A co-production between Hulu and the UK's Channel 4, the latest series
from House of Cards creator Beau Willimon takes place in the near future
as it follows the development of the first human space mission to Mars.
Sean Penn (in his first regular TV role) and Natascha McElhone head a
cast that also features James Ransone, Oded Fehr, Hannah Ware, and
LisaGay Hamilton. All eight episodes are available to stream today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngl2W_VLp1o

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-first [Metacritic score 56]

Forever [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Amazon Prime
Video)

Married couple June (Maya Rudolph) and Oscar (Fred Armisen) live a
comfortable but predictable life in suburban Riverside, California. For
12 years they've had the same conversations, eaten the same meals and
taken pleasant vacations at the same rented lake house. But after June
talks Oscar into shaking things up with a ski trip, the pair suddenly
find themselves in completely unfamiliar territory. Forever is an
utterly original, insightful and poignant comedy about love, commitment,
and marriage Catherine Keener and Noah Robbins also star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bagwg_tXlhc

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/forever-2018 [Metacritic score 79]

Broadcast and cable:

Dr. Foster (season 2 finale) (6 am, LMN)

Landscape Artist of the Year (season 3 finale) (8 pm,
Ovation)

The Wrong Friend (movie) (8 pm, LMN)

The moment Riley meets Chris, she thinks he is handsome, charming and
affectionate. He seemed perfect, but after a party at his house, Riley
sees that Chris has a darker side. His adoration turns to obsession, her
dream into a nightmare and she must figure out what he is after. Vivica
A. Fox, Michael Pare, Li Eubanks, Jared Scott, Galyn Gorg, and Tracey
Nelson star.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8595574/

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/the-wrong-friend

A Football Life (season 8 premiere) (8 pm, NFL Network)

Sunday's Best: Celebrating 40 Years of CBS Sunday Morning
(special) (8-9 pm, CBS)

The Unexplained [new] (8, 9 and 10 pm, three episodes,
History Channel)

Six episodes total; the other three are shown at the same times on the
following Friday, Sept. 21.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/unexplained-history/listings/

Snake City (season 5 premiere) (8 and 9 pm, two
episodes, Nat Geo Wild)

Deadly Women (season 12 premiere) (9 pm, Investigation
Discovery)

Haunted Live [new] (10 pm, Travel Channel)

Viewers are invited to join the action in "Haunted Live," a live
interactive paranormal investigation series featuring the Tennessee
Wraith Chasers, a team of paranormal experts that relies on a unique
combination of scientific method and spiritual faith to navigate
investigations. Each week, the team members will reveal a new haunted
location to the public and utilize their skills, technology and unique
experiments to capture evidence of paranormal activity in a live and
unfiltered paranormal investigation. Through an on-location live video
stream, viewers can monitor all of the "Haunted Live" activity on Travel
Channel's Facebook Live platform and comment on any findings in real
time, directing the team where to investigate next.

In Plain Sight [new] (10 and 10:30 pm, two episodes,
Investigation Discovery)

IN PLAIN SIGHT is a riveting whodunit, featuring disturbing cases of
murder and serious crime where the culprit was interviewed by the media,
posted in social media or newspaper reports and brazenly showed their
face while all the time they had blood on their hands.

Mexico Untamed [new] (10 pm, Nat Geo Wild)

https://www.natgeotv.com/za/shows/natgeowild/mexico-untamed

Amy Schumer Presents Sam Morril: Positive Influence (comedy
special) (11 pm, Comedy Central)

--Robin

suzeeq

Sep 13, 2018, 3:43:56 PM9/13/18
Robin Miller wrote:

> Tomorrow's advance notes:

> The Unexplained [new] (8, 9 and 10 pm, three episodes,
> History Channel)
>
> Six episodes total; the other three are shown at the same times on the
> following Friday, Sept. 21.
>
> http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/unexplained-history/listings/

The 2 episode season finale of In search of is on this Friday at 9pm.
The futoncritic's listing shows this show at 8, 9, and 10 AM.

Robin Miller

Sep 13, 2018, 4:39:52 PM9/13/18
Yes, thank you. This is AM. I didn't notice that.

--Robin