What Did You Watch? 2019-10-18 (Friday)

Ubiquitous

Oct 19, 2019, 10:28:53 AM10/19/19
I watched:

The useless weather channel for news about Nestor.

EXCALIBUR

What did you watch?

--
Watching Democrats come up with schemes to "catch Trump" is like
watching Wile E. Coyote trying to catch Road Runner.

Ian J. Ball

Oct 19, 2019, 12:22:36 PM10/19/19
In article <UBI20...@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net>
wrote:

> What did you watch?

On "Day 1" of my Three-Day Weekend!! :D I watched:

The Tribe (Tubi) - I finished out the last 4 episodes of season #2.
Later I watched the first 6(!) episodes of season #3 (I wanted to watch
through Amber showing back up!).
But I want to cover all this is a separate thread (not that anybody
probably cares), because I have more general thoughts on season #2 as a
whole, and the start of season #3, that are too much to cover in a WDYW?
thread...

soaps: DOOL - I didn't follow much of this (I was making lunch at the
time...). So Sarah is preggers, and hiding it from everyone (we know how
long that'll last!!). And I guess they're turning Gabi fully EVOL!!1! (I
hope not!).
GH - This was an incredibly boring episode, I thought. Hypocrite
FauxCarly (Laura Wright will NEVER be "Real Carly" to me!!!) lectures
Michael about Sasha being a conwoman. Ryan kills his cellmate, which
makes clearing Sam near impossible - so she's sent to Stateville(?) at
the end - I think her cellmate is Nelle, but they said something about
her soon-to-be cellmate having stabbed somebody in the eye?!! So did
Nelle stab Harmony in the eye?!!!

Legacies (recorded) - "This Year Will Be Different" (ep. #2.2).
Fortunately, this was a vast improvement from the second season
premiere.
Hope was finally reunited with *somebody* - here it was Alaric, who
is now principal of Mystic Falls High School, as Hope has to pretend to
be a transfer student there in order to hunt the Monster of the Week.
There, not only does Hope team back up with Alaric, but she meets some
of her fellow high schoolers (Leo Howard and Bianca Santos). (She also
comes across Landon for a quick chat...) In the end, after defeating the
MotW, Hope decides to stay at Mystic Falls High, and reveals to Alaric
that she has been erased by Malivore.
The Salvatore School storylines weren't as compelling, but they too
were better than the season premiere - while Landon and Josie hit some
bumps in their relationship, Lizzie sets her sights on a mysterious new
hot guy (the "Descendants" movie series' Thomas Doherty) just as MG is
working up the courage to try to ask Lizzie out (that storyline is
really "meh" by this point, and I hope they end MG's infatuation with
Lizzie here...). Also, we're introduced to the new headmaster of the
Salvatore School - and it's Alexis Denisof!! and, unsurprisingly, he's a
pompous (and possibly EVOL!!1!?...) ass!
I guess everyone has just forgotten about poor Rafael being stuck in
wolf form - I figured in this episode at least, Hope would come across
him and change him back... :|

Sleeping with My Student (LMN) - This wasn't bad... Gina Holden, and her
daughter (Jessica Belkin, whom I don't think I've seen in anything
before this), get targetted by a psycho teen with a grudge. Holden has
to try and keep her daughter away from the guy (and generally fails)
until she can figure out his deal. This was decent, and the ending was
OK.
One annoying thing, though - early on they established that Belkin's
character was a stutterer, but they quickly memory-holed that in the
back two-thirds of the film, so there was never any payoff for it.

Recorded for later: The Blacklist, and Van Helsing (which I'm quite a
bit behind on now...).

--
"Shall we sit and ponder the futility of caring?" - Morotia M. Black (aka.

anim8rfsk

Oct 19, 2019, 3:05:31 PM10/19/19
Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:22:30 -0700 Ian J. Ball<ijball-...@mac.invalid>
wrote:

> Sleeping with My Student (LMN) - This wasn't bad... Gina Holden, and her
> daughter (Jessica Belkin, whom I don't think I've seen in anything
> before this)

You don't watch "Pretty Little Liars" bitch?

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Arthur Lipscomb

Oct 19, 2019, 3:32:37 PM10/19/19
On 10/19/2019 9:22 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> In article <UBI20...@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net>
> wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> On "Day 1" of my Three-Day Weekend!! :D I watched:
>

> Sleeping with My Student (LMN) - This wasn't bad... Gina Holden, and her
> daughter (Jessica Belkin, whom I don't think I've seen in anything
> before this), get targetted by a psycho teen with a grudge. Holden has
> to try and keep her daughter away from the guy (and generally fails)
> until she can figure out his deal. This was decent, and the ending was
> OK.
> One annoying thing, though - early on they established that Belkin's
> character was a stutterer, but they quickly memory-holed that in the
> back two-thirds of the film, so there was never any payoff for it.

Maybe it was something the actor insisted on that wasn't in the original
script.

Did any teachers actually sleep with any students in this movie?

> Recorded for later: The Blacklist, and Van Helsing (which I'm quite a
> bit behind on now...).

I've fallen behind on several shows. It's only going to get worse
before it gets better.

I watched:

Fresh Off the Boat - "S'Mothered" - Eddie's girlfriend meets his mother
and he doesn't like how well they get along.

Law and Order: SVU - "The Burden of Our Choices" - A 13 year old girl
from Ohio runs away from home and winds up homeless in New York. As the
plot plays out we learn not only is the girl pregnant, but she's
pregnant by her stepfather who has been raping her since she was 11.
She wants an abortion but her religious fundamentalist parents object.
The mother has decided to ignore what her husband did and wants to force
the daughter back to Ohio. That was more than enough for a 2 hour
Lifetime movie, but not good enough for SVU! So they decide to toss in
a religious fundamentalist prosecutor from Ohio who strolls into a New
York courtroom with arrest warrants for everyone, including the judge!
He's accusing them of conspiracy to commit murder for planning to let
the girl have an abortion. And that's when an episode that was already
over the top just became ridiculous. This is the 21st season and
obviously I and lots of others keep coming back week after week. But is
it too much to ask that the writers take this show seriously? Over the
last few seasons this show has really devolved into an absurd farce.

Aliens (blu-ray) - Director's cut of the 1986 James Cameron classic.
After blowing an alien out the airlock in "Alien" Ripley finds herself
being awoken 57 years later and no one believes her story. That is
until they lose contact with the colony placed on LV-426, the same
planet her crew landed on before. She reluctantly agreeing to go back
as a consultant and one thing leads to another until the marines she's
with find themselves getting their butts kicked by aliens. Fortunately,
there's always the option of flying away and nuking the site from orbit.
That *is* after all, the only way to be sure. And if that doesn't
work, there's always the airlock. :-) This is a perfect movie!

anim8rfsk

Oct 19, 2019, 4:02:04 PM10/19/19
Sat, 19 Oct 2019 12:32:31 -0700 Arthur Lipscomb<art...@alum.calberkeley.org>
wrote:

> On 10/19/2019 9:22 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> > In article<UBI20...@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous<web...@polaris.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > What did you watch?
>
> I've fallen behind on several shows. It's only going to get worse
> before it gets better.

I'm watching but (especially) the CW stuff is too stupid to report on.

> I watched:
>

> Aliens (blu-ray) - Director's cut of the 1986 James Cameron classic.
> After blowing an alien out the airlock in "Alien" Ripley finds herself
> being awoken 57 years later and no one believes her story. That is
> until they lose contact with the colony placed on LV-426, the same
> planet her crew landed on before. She reluctantly agreeing to go back
> as a consultant and one thing leads to another until the marines she's
> with find themselves getting their butts kicked by aliens. Fortunately,
> there's always the option of flying away and nuking the site from orbit.
> That *is* after all, the only way to be sure. And if that doesn't
> work, there's always the airlock. :-) This is a perfect movie!

It's aliens dripping with awesome sauce, right down to the title not
containing a number.

Ian J. Ball

Oct 19, 2019, 4:04:29 PM10/19/19
In article <qofoch$ms7$1...@dont-email.me>,
Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> On 10/19/2019 9:22 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> > In article <UBI20...@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> What did you watch?
> >
> > On "Day 1" of my Three-Day Weekend!! :D I watched:
> >

> > Sleeping with My Student (LMN) - This wasn't bad... Gina Holden, and her
> > daughter (Jessica Belkin, whom I don't think I've seen in anything
> > before this), get targetted by a psycho teen with a grudge. Holden has
> > to try and keep her daughter away from the guy (and generally fails)
> > until she can figure out his deal. This was decent, and the ending was
> > OK.
> > One annoying thing, though - early on they established that Belkin's
> > character was a stutterer, but they quickly memory-holed that in the
> > back two-thirds of the film, so there was never any payoff for it.
>
> Maybe it was something the actor insisted on that wasn't in the original
> script.
>
> Did any teachers actually sleep with any students in this movie?

They pulled a "PLL" - so the answer is "yes", but it was *before* the
guy became a student at Holden's school. (And the guy had purposely
targeted her in the first place...)

> > Recorded for later: The Blacklist, and Van Helsing (which I'm quite a
> > bit behind on now...).
>
> I've fallen behind on several shows. It's only going to get worse
> before it gets better.
>
> I watched:
>
> Aliens (blu-ray) - Director's cut of the 1986 James Cameron classic.
> After blowing an alien out the airlock in "Alien" Ripley finds herself
> being awoken 57 years later and no one believes her story. That is
> until they lose contact with the colony placed on LV-426, the same
> planet her crew landed on before. She reluctantly agreeing to go back
> as a consultant and one thing leads to another until the marines she's
> with find themselves getting their butts kicked by aliens. Fortunately,
> there's always the option of flying away and nuking the site from orbit.
> That *is* after all, the only way to be sure. And if that doesn't
> work, there's always the airlock. :-) This is a perfect movie!

Agreed - this and T2 are probably the *perfect* "sci-fi action movies",
along with "Wrath of Khan". :)

Ian J. Ball

Oct 19, 2019, 4:06:59 PM10/19/19
In article <0001HW.235B95F603...@NEWS.EASYNEWS.COM>,
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:22:30 -0700 Ian J. Ball<ijball-...@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
> > Sleeping with My Student (LMN) - This wasn't bad... Gina Holden, and her
> > daughter (Jessica Belkin, whom I don't think I've seen in anything
> > before this)
>
> You don't watch "Pretty Little Liars" bitch?

She was in *one* episode of that, so no I don't remember her.

anim8rfsk

Oct 19, 2019, 4:30:44 PM10/19/19
Sat, 19 Oct 2019 13:04:26 -0700 Ian J. Ball<ijball-...@mac.invalid>
wrote:
Agree on all three.

BTR1701

Oct 19, 2019, 4:58:24 PM10/19/19
In article <qofoch$ms7$1...@dont-email.me>,
Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> Law and Order: SVU - "The Burden of Our Choices" - A 13 year old girl
> from Ohio runs away from home and winds up homeless in New York. As the
> plot plays out we learn not only is the girl pregnant, but she's
> pregnant by her stepfather who has been raping her since she was 11.
> She wants an abortion but her religious fundamentalist parents object.
> The mother has decided to ignore what her husband did and wants to force
> the daughter back to Ohio. That was more than enough for a 2 hour
> Lifetime movie, but not good enough for SVU! So they decide to toss in
> a religious fundamentalist prosecutor from Ohio who strolls into a New
> York courtroom with arrest warrants for everyone, including the judge!
> He's accusing them of conspiracy to commit murder for planning to let
> the girl have an abortion. And that's when an episode that was already
> over the top just became ridiculous.

My jaw was in a state of slack as I watched his abortion of an episode
play out. They're not even trying anymore.

The judge, the cops, and the prosecutors are engaged in a conspiracy to
commit murder? Say what now?

Leaving aside the philosophical considerations, if I was the judge, I'd
be like, "Umm, I don't know what they teach you guys in Ohio law
schools, but it ain't murder if it ain't in Ohio, dumbass. Since she's
getting this abortion *here* in New York, Ohio law is irrelevant."

He was essentially making the argument that Ohio residents are
essentially prisoners of the state and they're not allowed to leave and
do anything anywhere else if it's against the law in Ohio. Last I
checked, gambling is illegal in Ohio. So I guess this fucktard will be
on his way to Nevada next with arrest warrants for everyone from the
governor on down for conspiracy to commit illegal gambling, because
people from Ohio go on vacations to Vegas to play blackjack.

BTR1701

Oct 19, 2019, 5:00:30 PM10/19/19
In article
<ijball-NO_SPAM-262...@news.eternal-september.org>,
"Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> In article <qofoch$ms7$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
>
> > On 10/19/2019 9:22 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:

> > > On "Day 1" of my Three-Day Weekend!! :D I watched:
> > >

> > > Sleeping with My Student (LMN) - This wasn't bad... Gina Holden, and her
> > > daughter (Jessica Belkin, whom I don't think I've seen in anything
> > > before this), get targetted by a psycho teen with a grudge. Holden has
> > > to try and keep her daughter away from the guy (and generally fails)
> > > until she can figure out his deal. This was decent, and the ending was
> > > OK.
> > > One annoying thing, though - early on they established that Belkin's
> > > character was a stutterer, but they quickly memory-holed that in the
> > > back two-thirds of the film, so there was never any payoff for it.
> >
> > Maybe it was something the actor insisted on that wasn't in the original
> > script.
> >
> > Did any teachers actually sleep with any students in this movie?
>
> They pulled a "PLL" - so the answer is "yes", but it was *before* the
> guy became a student at Holden's school.

Let me guess, he blackmailed her by saying he'd tell and she'd get
arrested or something for banging a student. Except that's not how this
works. It's not how any of this works. If he was of legal age and *not*
a student at the time of The Sex, then nothing wrong has occurred and
she'd have nothing to worry about.

Ian J. Ball

Oct 19, 2019, 5:22:56 PM10/19/19
In article <atropos-49281A...@news.giganews.com>,
It would destroy her reputation, and she'd likely lose her job.

But the blackmail ploy came very late in this one, and wasn't a key plot
point...

Arthur Lipscomb

Oct 19, 2019, 5:50:51 PM10/19/19
True. True.
I *plan* on watching T2 today. Hard to believe that Private Vasquez and
the foster mom on T2 are the same actress. She's also in Near Dark,
which I *almost* watched after Aliens. Near Dark has been on my
Halloween watch list for a lot of years now but I never manage to get to
it. I think this year will be the year.

anim8rfsk

Oct 19, 2019, 5:59:48 PM10/19/19
Sat, 19 Oct 2019 14:00:42 -0700 BTR1701<atr...@mac.com> wrote:

> What Did You Watch? 2019-10-18 (Friday)
> BTR1701<atr...@mac.com>
> October 19, 2019 at 2:00:42 PM MST
>
> In article <qofoch$ms7$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
>
> > Law and Order: SVU - "The Burden of Our Choices" - A 13 year old girl
> > from Ohio runs away from home and winds up homeless in New York. As the
> > plot plays out we learn not only is the girl pregnant, but she's
> > pregnant by her stepfather who has been raping her since she was 11.
> > She wants an abortion but her religious fundamentalist parents object.
> > The mother has decided to ignore what her husband did and wants to force
> > the daughter back to Ohio. That was more than enough for a 2 hour
> > Lifetime movie, but not good enough for SVU! So they decide to toss in
> > a religious fundamentalist prosecutor from Ohio who strolls into a New
> > York courtroom with arrest warrants for everyone, including the judge!
> > He's accusing them of conspiracy to commit murder for planning to let
> > the girl have an abortion. And that's when an episode that was already
> > over the top just became ridiculous.
>
> My jaw was in a state of slack as I watched his abortion of an episode
> play out. They're not even trying anymore.

I'm watching the penultimate season of L&O Criminal Intent. The changes are
surreal.

In previous seasons:

D'Onofrio (Goren) has a mental collapse because Bush is President.
Noth (Logan) comes in as an alternating lead with a series of new female
partners,
Captain Deakins leaves and is replaced by Eric Bobosia (Captain Ross)
Logan's second partner, Wheeler, the actress gets pregnant in real life. The
character is sent on a six month assignment in Europe.
Alicia Witt comes in as Logan's third partner. Sometimes Goren's partner
teams with Noth as Goren is now insane to match D'Onofrio.
Wheeler comes back from Europe, skinny as Hell, engaged to the actress' real
life husband.
Noth leaves for no reason I understand and is replaced by Jeff Goldblum,
playing Ross' ex-partner, a Goren clone clearly meant to replace D'Onofrio.
A couple episodes later Wheeler dumps her fiancé for being mobbed up (she
met the guy in London! How does he know NYC mobsters?) and is *very*
pregnant.
A couple episodes later her water breaks while standing in the Captain's
office and she doesn't know what happened. Goren's partner comes in and takes
her to the hospital, where she is never seen again, although once in awhile
they say 'it's a girl' or tell us the kid's name. I have no idea how she went
from being pregnant to super skinny to dropping a kid in the office in a
handful of eps, unless they shot something out of order.
Captain Ross is murdered by Somalia pirates looking to start their own
country (wait? what? no, seriously)
An interim Captain (the cop buddy from Dexter) comes in. It turns out he's
evil, as it the Chief of D's, as are the fed that got Ross killed. They
decided Goren needs to lose his shield for taking an aggressive step towards
a fed who is acting illegally and refusing to comply with a warrant.
The interim Captain and Chief of D's offer Goren's original partner who's
been there from the start, Eames, her own Captaincy if she'll take over the
squad and fire Goren. This also makes no sense unless it's a test to see if
she'll toady under.
Eames toadies under, fires Goren, and then calls the Chief of Ds and says she
won't be taking the Captain's job. Wait - if she won't be taking the
Captain's job, how the Hell did she get the authority to fire Goren? Eames
apparently moved over to SUV (if Ian's Wiki is right on that one)
Meanwhile, Ross' last hire, the incredibly tall Saffron Burrows, comes on as
Goldblum's new partner, who sometimes has an accent and sometimes doesn't.
And finally Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio is the new Captain without
explanation.
So season 9 proceeds with Goldblum, Burrows, and Mastrantonio, M.E. Rogers
from the mothership show is now making house calls like Ducky on NCIS-OWM and
doing her bit at the crime scene instead of the morgue. And it's become
"weird cases" instead of "major cases" where they're fighting vampires (!)
and the only tie in to the Major Case excuse will be a hand wave to
somebody's kid's father being a Senator - it's the same stuff they do in
NCIS-LA-JAG to explain why the Navy is involved at all (when they remember).
And when this is done, apparently the final season does a complete reset
bringing back D'Onofrio and Eames!

BTW, they just had a murder that was committed by slamming a guy's head in a
car door repeatedly. They payed a lot of lip service to nobody having ever
heard of this M.O. before. Of course D'Onofrio will use it a couple years
later himself as the Kingpin.

anim8rfsk

Oct 19, 2019, 6:14:16 PM10/19/19
Sat, 19 Oct 2019 14:50:46 -0700 Arthur Lipscomb<art...@alum.calberkeley.org>
I know! Being a chameleon can't have helped Jenette Goldstein's career.

Near Dark ... basically was a way to keep Cameron's crew busy when he was
between films, and give his wife something to do. A counting horse in the
state fair could have directed that movie. Probably been better, too.

anim8rfsk

Oct 19, 2019, 6:41:58 PM10/19/19
Sat, 19 Oct 2019 01:30:41 -0700 Ubiquitous<web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> What Did You Watch? 2019-10-18 (Friday)
> Ubiquitous<web...@polaris.net>
> October 19, 2019 at 1:30:41 AM MST
>
> I watched:
>
> The useless weather channel for news about Nestor.
>
> EXCALIBUR

Patrick Stewart's second best movie.

BTR1701

Oct 19, 2019, 6:56:46 PM10/19/19
In article
<ijball-NO_SPAM-B33...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Not if there was any kind of teacher's union, she wouldn't. She can't be
prohibited from entering into a personal relationship with everyone on
the planet who could possibly enroll in her school in the future.

anim8rfsk

Oct 19, 2019, 7:16:26 PM10/19/19
Sat, 19 Oct 2019 13:06:55 -0700 Ian J. Ball<ijball-...@mac.invalid>
wrote:

> In article<0001HW.235B95F603...@NEWS.EASYNEWS.COM>,
> anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:22:30 -0700 Ian J. Ball<ijball-...@mac.invalid>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Sleeping with My Student (LMN) - This wasn't bad... Gina Holden, and her
> > > daughter (Jessica Belkin, whom I don't think I've seen in anything
> > > before this)
> >
> > You don't watch "Pretty Little Liars" bitch?
>
> She was in *one* episode of that, so no I don't remember her.

You don't watch "American Whore Story" bitch?

Adam H. Kerman

Oct 20, 2019, 5:34:01 AM10/20/19
Ian J. Ball <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>I watched:

>>Aliens (blu-ray) - Director's cut of the 1986 James Cameron classic.
>>After blowing an alien out the airlock in "Alien" Ripley finds herself
>>being awoken 57 years later and no one believes her story. That is
>>until they lose contact with the colony placed on LV-426, the same
>>planet her crew landed on before. She reluctantly agreeing to go back
>>as a consultant and one thing leads to another until the marines she's
>>with find themselves getting their butts kicked by aliens. Fortunately,
>>there's always the option of flying away and nuking the site from orbit.
>> That *is* after all, the only way to be sure. And if that doesn't
>>work, there's always the airlock. :-) This is a perfect movie!

>Agreed - this and T2 are probably the *perfect* "sci-fi action movies",
>along with "Wrath of Khan". :)

I really liked The Terminator. I appreciated the low budget and certain
scenes in which they just got the suspense right. T2 pissed me off,
given that it was one of the first movies whose budget blew past the
$100 million mark, which meant low budget movies like The Terminator
were going to have even more difficulty getting distribution deals.

It was just Hollywood signalling that if the big studios ever try to
distribute low budget movies, that was just another screen they couldn't
show a high budget movie on. I anticipated that was the start of a lousy
trend, and I was right.

I didn't care for the new nuttier Linda Hamilton character, and I really
really really hated that with its huge budget, all they could come up
with for one of the big blowout chase scenes was another chase through
the Los Angeles River, which Ah'nold would do yet again in Last Action
Hero and either one of the Conans or Red Sonja.

That being said, the casting of Robert Patrick as T-1000 was inspired
and most of the digital effects looked fine.

Hadn't James Cameron done the quicksilver effect in The Abyss? Everybody
else has been ripping it off ever since.

I just looked at Cameron's IMDb listing. He has officially run out of
ideas from other people to rip off. I'll note that Pocahontas 2 (2021)
and 3 (2023) are filming, and 4 (2025) and 5 (2027) are in pre-production.

Adam H. Kerman

Oct 20, 2019, 7:22:10 AM10/20/19
BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:
>Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>Law and Order: SVU - "The Burden of Our Choices" - A 13 year old girl
>>from Ohio runs away from home and winds up homeless in New York. As the
>>plot plays out we learn not only is the girl pregnant, but she's
>>pregnant by her stepfather who has been raping her since she was 11.
>>She wants an abortion but her religious fundamentalist parents object.
>>The mother has decided to ignore what her husband did and wants to force
>>the daughter back to Ohio. That was more than enough for a 2 hour
>>Lifetime movie, but not good enough for SVU! So they decide to toss in
>>a religious fundamentalist prosecutor from Ohio who strolls into a New
>>York courtroom with arrest warrants for everyone, including the judge!
>>He's accusing them of conspiracy to commit murder for planning to let
>>the girl have an abortion. And that's when an episode that was already
>>over the top just became ridiculous.

>My jaw was in a state of slack as I watched his abortion of an episode
>play out. They're not even trying anymore. . . .

I refuse to watch this show, but I dearly love your snarks of the week.
Please keep watching for my amusement!

Thanks for the snark.

Ubiquitous

Oct 20, 2019, 11:56:58 AM10/20/19
anim...@cox.net wrote:
>Sat, 19 Oct 2019 01:30:41 -0700 Ubiquitous<web...@polaris.net> wrote:

>> I watched:
>>
>> The useless weather channel for news about Nestor.
>>
>> EXCALIBUR
>
>Patrick Stewart's second best movie.

Are you counting the Star Trek movies as one?

anim8rfsk

Oct 20, 2019, 12:33:14 PM10/20/19
Sun, 20 Oct 2019 01:36:21 -0700 Ubiquitous<web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> anim...@cox.net wrote:
> > Sat, 19 Oct 2019 01:30:41 -0700 Ubiquitous<web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>
> > > I watched:
> > >
> > > The useless weather channel for news about Nestor.
> > >
> > > EXCALIBUR
> >
> > Patrick Stewart's second best movie.
>
> Are you counting the Star Trek movies as one?

God no.

Lifeforce is his best.

Adam H. Kerman

Oct 20, 2019, 2:13:23 PM10/20/19
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>Sun, 20 Oct 2019 01:36:21 -0700 Ubiquitous<web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>>anim...@cox.net wrote:

>>>Patrick Stewart's second best movie.

>>Are you counting the Star Trek movies as one?

>God no.

>Lifeforce is his best.

anim set up the straight line a long, long time ago. He measures
"quality" by how much screen time he has unconscious or dead.

anim8rfsk

Oct 20, 2019, 2:24:27 PM10/20/19
There's also the part where Stewart's movies suck, which is generally
directly attributable to him.

Adam H. Kerman

Oct 20, 2019, 2:37:20 PM10/20/19
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>Sun, 20 Oct 2019 11:13:20 -0700 Adam H. Kerman<a...@chinet.com> wrote:
>>anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

>>>God no.

>>>Lifeforce is his best.

>>anim set up the straight line a long, long time ago. He measures
>>"quality" by how much screen time he has unconscious or dead.

>There's also the part where Stewart's movies suck, which is generally
>directly attributable to him.

That Lifeforce sucked is because it was a vampire movie, not because of
him; he was unconscious.

I tried to watch it, and found myself fast forwarding to the star's
frequent full frontal nude scenes. The nudity was substantial.

anim8rfsk

Oct 20, 2019, 4:25:34 PM10/20/19
Sun, 20 Oct 2019 11:37:16 -0700 Adam H. Kerman<a...@chinet.com> wrote:

> anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> > > anim set up the straight line a long, long time ago. He measures
> > > "quality" by how much screen time he has unconscious or dead.
>
> > There's also the part where Stewart's movies suck, which is generally
> > directly attributable to him.
>
> That Lifeforce sucked is because it was a vampire movie, not because of
> him; he was unconscious.

I'm saying it's still his best movie

> I tried to watch it, and found myself fast forwarding to the star's
> frequent full frontal nude scenes. The nudity was substantial.

although much of it is puppets :(

David Barnett

Oct 20, 2019, 10:32:43 PM10/20/19
In article <UBI20...@dont-email.me>, web...@polaris.net says...