Today's premieres and other notes (Sunday, July 16)

Robin Miller

Jul 16, 2017, 12:24:45 PM7/16/17

My Mother and Other Strangers (season 1 and series finale)
(8 pm, PBS)

Sleepwalking in Suburbia (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

A housewife who suffers from sleepwalking finds herself in the middle of
a sexual and bloody scandal in her suburban neighborhood. Lucie Guest
and Ryan S. Williams star.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6829222/

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/sleepwalking-in-suburbia

Home for Christmas Day (movie) (9 pm, Hallmark M&M)

Jane McKendrick (Catherine Bell) is a single mother determined to
protect her teenage daughter Betsy (Matreya Fedor) from the harsh
realities of life. But just before Christmas, Betsy falls in love with
an enlisted man (Anthony Konechny) who will soon ship out. Wanting to
spare her daughter from the same heartache she suffered when her husband
was killed while on active duty when Betsy was a baby, Jane tries to
persuade her to abandon the romance. Little does Jane realize that she
and her daughter are about to learn important lessons of the heart and
discover that taking chances can sometimes lead to the most
extraordinary happy endings. Also stars Victor Webster as Jackson Hart.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6634632/ [as Love Finds Its Way]

http://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/home-for-christmas-day

Games of Thrones (season 7 premiere) (9 pm, HBO)

7 episodes. The 8th season, consisting of 6 episodes, will be the last
and may not air until 2019.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giYeaKsXnsI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mlhnt0jMlg

http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones

Remember Me [new to US] (10 to 11:30 pm, PBS)

Michael Palin portrays pensioner Tom Parfitt, who stages a fall in his
eerie Yorkshire home in order to escape into residential care, leading
to a chilling and macabre mystery. Three episodes. Premiered in the UK
on BBC One in 2014.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remember_Me_(TV_series)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGOPZ95SoFw

http://www.pbs.org/program/remember-me/

The Strain (final season 4 premiere) (10 pm, FX)

10 episodes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2654620/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Strain_(TV_series)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLU_lnv7TWI

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/the-strain

Decker: Mindwipe (season 3 premiere) (midnight, Adult Swim)

All of American hero Special Agent Jack Decker's (Tim Heidecker)
memories have been erased leaving him with an empty mind in Decker:
Mindwipe, the newest installment of the wildly popular Decker franchise.
It is up to Decker's closest friends and colleagues, including master
codebreaker Jonathan Kington (Gregg Turkington), to recount fascinating
stories from Decker's past in order to help him regain his identity, and
become the man he once was. Featuring Joe Estevez and John Aprea, with
guest stars Todd Rundgren, Don Swayze, Bobby Valli, David Marks, and
Carl Gottlieb.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decker_(TV_series)

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/decker/#ME6MQIfejOq7

Cable reality:

Shahs of Sunset (season 6 premiere) (8 pm, Bravo)

Caribbean Life (season 9 premiere) (9 and 9:30 pm, two
episodes, HGTV)

Island Hunters (season 4 premiere) (10 and 10:30 pm,
two episodes, HGTV)

Talking with Chris Hardwick (season 1 summer premiere) (11
pm, AMC)

Chris Hardwick just shootin' the shit between seasons of the Walking
Dead series. Tonight's guest is Connie Britton.

Tomorrow's scripted and network premieres:

Loaded [new to US] (10 pm, AMC)

The series stars Jim Howick (The Aliens, Yonderland, Horrible
Histories), Samuel Anderson (The History Boys, Doctor Who, Trollied),
Jonny Sweet (Babylon, Together, Him & Her), Nick Helm (Uncle, Funny
Valentines) and Mary McCormack (The West Wing, In Plain Sight, The
Newsroom). "Loaded" centers around the lives of Josh (Howick), Leon
(Anderson), Ewan (Sweet) and Watto (Helm) who have just sold their start
up videogame company Idyl Hands to Casey (McCormack) for millions, and
overnight their lives change drastically. The four 30-somethings must
answer to their high powered, no-bullshit boss Casey and are suddenly
transformed from "people who play games" to "serious players in the
game." Amid a raging hurricane of money, excess, and "Millionaire
guilt," "Loaded" is about friendship, gluttony, ambition, and how money
can put even life-long relationships to the test. 8 episodes.
Co-production with UK's Channel 4, on which it premiered in May.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6210192/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_(TV_series)

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/loaded [Metacritic score 71]

http://www.amc.com/shows/loaded

--Robin

anim8rfsk

Jul 16, 2017, 12:47:47 PM7/16/17
In article <et1iaa...@mid.individual.net>,
Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> My Mother and Other Strangers (season 1 and series finale)
> (8 pm, PBS)

Seen it.
I CAN'T STAND THE STRAIN!!!!!

> Decker: Mindwipe (season 3 premiere) (midnight, Adult Swim)
>
> All of American hero Special Agent Jack Decker's (Tim Heidecker)
> memories have been erased leaving him with an empty mind in Decker:
> Mindwipe, the newest installment of the wildly popular Decker franchise.
> It is up to Decker's closest friends and colleagues, including master
> codebreaker Jonathan Kington (Gregg Turkington), to recount fascinating
> stories from Decker's past in order to help him regain his identity, and
> become the man he once was. Featuring Joe Estevez and John Aprea, with
> guest stars Todd Rundgren, Don Swayze, Bobby Valli, David Marks, and
> Carl Gottlieb.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decker_(TV_series)
>
> http://www.adultswim.com/videos/decker/#ME6MQIfejOq7
>

> Cable reality:
>
> Shahs of Sunset (season 6 premiere) (8 pm, Bravo)
>

> Caribbean Life (season 9 premiere) (9 and 9:30 pm, two
> episodes, HGTV)
>

> Island Hunters (season 4 premiere) (10 and 10:30 pm,
> two episodes, HGTV)

Right before Loaded, with the second ep about a software engineer who's
tired of coding ...

> Talking with Chris Hardwick (season 1 summer premiere) (11
> pm, AMC)
>
> Chris Hardwick just shootin' the shit between seasons of the Walking
> Dead series. Tonight's guest is Connie Britton.
>

> Tomorrow's scripted and network premieres:
>

> Loaded [new to US] (10 pm, AMC)
>
> The series stars Jim Howick (The Aliens, Yonderland, Horrible
> Histories), Samuel Anderson (The History Boys, Doctor Who,

Oh, God, no, the second worst Who companion.

Trollied),
> Jonny Sweet (Babylon, Together, Him & Her), Nick Helm (Uncle, Funny
> Valentines) and Mary McCormack (The West Wing, In Plain Sight, The
> Newsroom). "Loaded" centers around the lives of Josh (Howick), Leon
> (Anderson), Ewan (Sweet) and Watto (Helm) who have just sold their start
> up videogame company Idyl Hands to Casey (McCormack) for millions, and
> overnight their lives change drastically. The four 30-somethings must
> answer to their high powered, no-bullshit boss Casey and are suddenly

Wait - they sold the company with a provision that they have to work for
the new owners?

> transformed from "people who play games" to "serious players in the
> game." Amid a raging hurricane of money, excess, and "Millionaire
> guilt," "Loaded" is about friendship, gluttony, ambition,

Somebody got a new thesaurus

and how money
> can put even life-long relationships to the test. 8 episodes.
> Co-production with UK's Channel 4, on which it premiered in May.
>
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6210192/
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_(TV_series)
>
> http://www.metacritic.com/tv/loaded [Metacritic score 71]
>
> http://www.amc.com/shows/loaded

Thanks > --Robin

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Adam H. Kerman

Jul 16, 2017, 1:06:08 PM7/16/17
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>> Tomorrow's scripted and network premieres:

>>Loaded [new to US] (10 pm, AMC)

>>The series stars Jim Howick (The Aliens, Yonderland, Horrible
>>Histories), Samuel Anderson (The History Boys, Doctor Who,

>Oh, God, no, the second worst Who companion. . . .

Danny Pink? I had to look it up. I'd banished him from memory. Thanks a lot!

anim8rfsk

Jul 16, 2017, 1:13:46 PM7/16/17
In article <okg66h$sds$2...@dont-email.me>,
Not the first time I stopped watching (I still haven't seen all the
Donna Noble eps) but his eps were bad enough to get me to switch it off.

BTR1701

Jul 16, 2017, 4:07:11 PM7/16/17
In article <anim8rfsk-9F80B...@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> > Loaded [new to US] (10 pm, AMC)
> >
> > The series stars Jim Howick (The Aliens, Yonderland, Horrible
> > Histories), Samuel Anderson (The History Boys, Doctor Who,
>
> Oh, God, no, the second worst Who companion.

> > Jonny Sweet (Babylon, Together, Him & Her), Nick Helm (Uncle, Funny
> > Valentines) and Mary McCormack (The West Wing, In Plain Sight, The
> > Newsroom). "Loaded" centers around the lives of Josh (Howick), Leon
> > (Anderson), Ewan (Sweet) and Watto (Helm) who have just sold their start
> > up videogame company Idyl Hands to Casey (McCormack) for millions, and
> > overnight their lives change drastically. The four 30-somethings must
> > answer to their high powered, no-bullshit boss Casey and are suddenly
>
> Wait - they sold the company with a provision that they have to work for
> the new owners?

And they have "millionaire guilt"? For making money off their own work?
It's not like just had it handed to them like an inheritance or lottery.
They earned it.

anim8rfsk

Jul 16, 2017, 4:15:55 PM7/16/17
In article <atropos-0A71C1...@news.giganews.com>,
I like the review that says leave it to the British to create characters
that feel guilty for being successful. I may check out the pilot just
to see if the premise possibly holds up.

Robin Miller

Jul 16, 2017, 7:08:03 PM7/16/17
Robin Miller wrote:

> Sleepwalking in Suburbia (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> A housewife who suffers from sleepwalking finds herself in the middle of
> a sexual and bloody scandal in her suburban neighborhood. Lucie Guest
> and Ryan S. Williams star.
>
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6829222/
>
> http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/sleepwalking-in-suburbia

This also has Emilie Ullerup, who's actually had quite a bit of work
since her season and a half on Sanctuary:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2422305/

--Robin

anim8rfsk

Jul 16, 2017, 8:07:48 PM7/16/17
In article <et29uf...@mid.individual.net>,
Arctic Air!!!!

I'm still furious about the series finale of Sanctuary, which culminated
in a complete reset of the timeline by Samantha Carter, and yet didn't
bring back Ashley.

BTR1701

Jul 17, 2017, 6:39:42 AM7/17/17
In article <anim8rfsk-9F80B...@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> In article <et1iaa...@mid.individual.net>,
> Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> > The Strain (final season 4 premiere) (10 pm, FX)
> >
> > 10 episodes.
> >
> > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2654620/
> >
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Strain_(TV_series)
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLU_lnv7TWI
> >
> > http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/the-strain
>
> I CAN'T STAND THE STRAIN!!!!!

Rhona Mitra has joined the cast!

Ubiquitous

Jul 17, 2017, 7:27:50 AM7/17/17
robin....@invalid.invalid wrote:

>Sleepwalking in Suburbia (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>A housewife who suffers from sleepwalking finds herself in the middle of
>a sexual and bloody scandal in her suburban neighborhood. Lucie Guest
>and Ryan S. Williams star.

Holy "Mother May I Sleep With Danger"!

>Decker: Mindwipe (season 3 premiere) (midnight, Adult Swim)
>All of American hero Special Agent Jack Decker's (Tim Heidecker)
>memories have been erased leaving him with an empty mind in Decker:
>Mindwipe, the newest installment of the wildly popular Decker franchise.

TROLL-O-METER

5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9
2* *10
1* | *stuporous
0* -*- *catatonic
* |\ *comatose
* \ *clinical death
* \ *biological death
* _\/ *demonic apparition
* * *damned for all eternity

> Cable reality:
>
>Shahs of Sunset (season 6 premiere) (8 pm, Bravo)

No thanks.

Ubiquitous

Jul 17, 2017, 7:29:16 AM7/17/17
anim...@cox.net wrote:

>> The Strain (final season 4 premiere) (10 pm, FX)
>> 10 episodes.
>
>I CAN'T STAND THE STRAIN!!!!!

I'm sick of it.

anim8rfsk

Jul 17, 2017, 11:49:27 AM7/17/17
In article <atropos-4CD57F...@news.giganews.com>,
Good thing I DVR'd it. :D

BTR1701

Jul 17, 2017, 12:51:32 PM7/17/17
In article <anim8rfsk-5057C...@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> In article <atropos-4CD57F...@news.giganews.com>,
> BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <anim8rfsk-9F80B...@news.easynews.com>,
> > anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> > > I CAN'T STAND THE STRAIN!!!!!
> >
> > Rhona Mitra has joined the cast!
>
> Good thing I DVR'd it. :D

Except her character is from the south, so she's suppressing her lovely
British accent.

anim8rfsk

Jul 17, 2017, 1:11:16 PM7/17/17
In article <atropos-EA2162...@news.giganews.com>,
BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:

> In article <anim8rfsk-5057C...@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > In article <atropos-4CD57F...@news.giganews.com>,
> > BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:

> > > Rhona Mitra has joined the cast!
> >
> > Good thing I DVR'd it. :D
>
> Except her character is from the south, so she's suppressing her lovely
> British accent.

Geez. :(

So she sounds as stupid as Jimmy Carter, and has fake breasts?

BTR1701

Jul 17, 2017, 1:31:38 PM7/17/17
In article <anim8rfsk-93FD7...@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> In article <atropos-EA2162...@news.giganews.com>,
> BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <anim8rfsk-5057C...@news.easynews.com>,
> > anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> > > Good thing I DVR'd it. :D
> >
> > Except her character is from the south, so she's suppressing her lovely
> > British accent.
>
> Geez. :(
>
> So she sounds as stupid as Jimmy Carter, and has fake breasts?

But lovely eyes.

Obveeus

Jul 17, 2017, 1:33:39 PM7/17/17
Fake breasts isn't really a southern thing, it is a California
thing...and anywhere with expensively kept women (we've had that
conversation about Scottsdale Fashion Square in the past).

Ubiquitous

Jul 17, 2017, 1:41:03 PM7/17/17
atr...@mac.com wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>> BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:

>> > Rhona Mitra has joined the cast!
>>
>> Good thing I DVR'd it. :D
>
>Except her character is from the south, so she's suppressing her lovely
>British accent.

"Blimey, y'all!"

anim8rfsk

Jul 17, 2017, 1:52:00 PM7/17/17
In article <okis64$rq3$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:
I went to AJ's on Lincoln for the first time in forever this weekend,
and, boy howdy, were the womenfolk an upgrade from The Safeway ...

Obveeus

Jul 17, 2017, 2:04:26 PM7/17/17
Spandex is way better than sweat pants. :-)

anim8rfsk

Jul 17, 2017, 3:12:02 PM7/17/17
In article <okitvr$28e$2...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
Shorts all around, but the legs at AJ were seriously toned.

Obveeus

Jul 17, 2017, 3:13:02 PM7/17/17
It must be all the Kale.

anim8rfsk

Jul 17, 2017, 3:17:55 PM7/17/17
In article <okj20f$he5$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
vomit icon

Obveeus

Jul 17, 2017, 3:30:22 PM7/17/17
That's the Warfarin talking.

Dimensional Traveler

Jul 17, 2017, 3:35:48 PM7/17/17
There are Wal-Mart customers who prove otherwise. (Lookup "Walmartians")

instinct are running screaming.

suzeeq

Jul 17, 2017, 3:38:44 PM7/17/17
What's an AJ?

anim8rfsk

Jul 17, 2017, 4:00:23 PM7/17/17
In article <okj3o1$kbe$1...@news.albasani.net>, suzeeq <su...@imbris.com>
wrote:
AJ's Fine Foods
Upscale supermarket
The beef is prime, and so are the women that shop there :)

https://www.ajsfinefoods.com

anim8rfsk

Jul 17, 2017, 4:02:23 PM7/17/17
In article <okj30v$km7$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
Had to look that up. I know it as Coumadin. Never taken it. Probably
not a candidate for it; Mom wasn't.

Obveeus

Jul 17, 2017, 4:28:46 PM7/17/17
Apparently, Kale is one of the deadliest foods for people on the drug
because Kale has huge amounts of vitamin K.

I just know Kale as one of those weeds that they sometimes put in
salads...though I have had Kale/Carrot smoothies that were good.

anim8rfsk

Jul 17, 2017, 4:38:25 PM7/17/17
In article <okj6ef$vs2$2...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
Ah.

> I just know Kale as one of those weeds that they sometimes put in
> salads...though I have had Kale/Carrot smoothies that were good.

My ex requires kale with every meal, although she doesn't seem to
actually *like* it.

Ed Stasiak

Jul 17, 2017, 5:30:47 PM7/17/17
> Robin Miller
>
> Games of Thrones (season 7 premiere) (9 pm, HBO)

This is going to suck so bad…

> The 8th season, consisting of 6 episodes, will be the last
> and may not air until 2019.

LOL, don’t forget to pay that cable bill.

suzeeq

Jul 17, 2017, 5:50:06 PM7/17/17
It's supposedly a 'superfood' with all kinds of nutrients, but I don't
care for it so never buy it or order it.

Adam H. Kerman

Jul 18, 2017, 1:48:30 PM7/18/17
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com> wrote:

>>>. . .

>>Apparently, Kale is one of the deadliest foods for people on the drug
>>[warfarin] because Kale has huge amounts of vitamin K.

>Ah.

>>I just know Kale as one of those weeds that they sometimes put in
>>salads...though I have had Kale/Carrot smoothies that were good.

>My ex requires kale with every meal, although she doesn't seem to
>actually *like* it.

It isn't as if kale's hard to like. It's impossible to like. In
fact, it's probably one of the most repulsive leafy vegetables
I've ever known in my whole - all of my life.

[No one will get the referenece.]

anim8rfsk

Jul 18, 2017, 1:55:02 PM7/18/17
In article <oklhdt$ers$1...@dont-email.me>,
Twelve days of kale! One day of kale is loathsome enough!

Adam H. Kerman

Jul 18, 2017, 1:57:13 PM7/18/17
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
>>anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

>>>Ah.

>>>My ex requires kale with every meal, although she doesn't seem to
>>>actually *like* it.

>> It isn't as if kale's hard to like. It's impossible to like. In
>> fact, it's probably one of the most repulsive leafy vegetables
>> I've ever known in my whole - all of my life.

>>[No one will get the referenece.]

>Twelve days of kale! One day of kale is loathsome enough!

Yay!

anim8rfsk

Jul 18, 2017, 2:08:55 PM7/18/17
In article <oklhu7$ers$2...@dont-email.me>,