What's with all these META threads?

1 view

Steve Newport

Dec 25, 2010, 2:27:34 AM12/25/10

Not Sure

Dec 25, 2010, 12:28:59 PM12/25/10
On Dec 24, 11:27 pm, NewportsRe...@webtv.net (Steve Newport) wrote:

Seconds until trotsky's ravenous cocksucking, 3... 2... 1...

Steve Newport

Dec 26, 2010, 2:52:53 AM12/26/10
From: fred1...@gmail.com
ravenous cocksucking
----------------------------------
Is that what it means?.

trotsky

Dec 26, 2010, 11:48:00 AM12/26/10

It does at fred's house.

Ubiquitous

Dec 25, 2010, 2:28:00 AM12/25/10
And you posted this off-topic article here because?

---
"If Barack Obama isn't careful, he will become the Jimmy Carter of the 21st
century."

Steve Newport

Dec 27, 2010, 3:10:48 AM12/27/10
Ubi, you failed to answer my question.

"There's nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music.
Musicals carry us to a different time and place, but in the end, they
also teach us a little bit of something about ourselves. It's one of the
few genres of music that can inspire the same passion in an
eight-year-old that it can in an 80-year-old. It transcends musical
tastes. In many ways, the story of Broadway is also intertwined with the
story of America. Some of the greatest singers and songwriters Broadway
has ever known came to this country on a boat with nothing more than an
idea in their head and a song in their heart. And they succeeded the
same way that so many immigrants have succeeded through talent and hard
work and sheer determination. Over the years, musicals have also been at
the forefront of our social consciousness, challenging stereotypes,
shaping our opinions about race and religion, death and disease, power
and politics. But perhaps the most American part of this truly American
art form is its optimism. Broadway music calls us to see the best in
ourselves and in the world around us; to believe that no matter how
hopeless things may seem, the nice guy can still get the girl, the hero
can still triumph over evil, and a brighter day can be waiting just
around the bend."-- President Obama

"Musicals blow the dust off your soul."-- Mel Brooks

Ubiquitous

Dec 27, 2010, 5:50:01 AM12/27/10
>>And you posted this off-topic article here because?
>Ubi, you failed to answer my question.

I asked first.

Steve Newport

Dec 27, 2010, 7:08:25 AM12/27/10
Nope, I didn't start the META threads.

Ubiquitous

Dec 27, 2010, 5:50:02 AM12/27/10
>>>Ubi, you failed to answer my question.
>>I asked first.
>
>Nope, I didn't start the META threads.

But you did post this off-topic article here...

Steve Newport

Dec 27, 2010, 7:40:21 AM12/27/10
I want an answer-- dammit.

Ubiquitous

Dec 27, 2010, 7:40:21 AM12/27/10
>I want an answer-- dammit.

And you posted this off-topic article here because?

---

Steve Newport

Dec 27, 2010, 11:05:54 AM12/27/10
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
off-topic
---------------------------------------
Arguable and you don't get to decide.

Ubiquitous

Dec 27, 2010, 11:05:54 AM12/27/10
>From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)

>>I want an answer-- dammit.
>And you posted this off-topic article here because?

>---------------------------------------
>Arguable and you don't get to decide.

Evasion noted. And you posted this off-topic article here because?

Steve Newport

Dec 27, 2010, 11:55:55 PM12/27/10
Evasion noted. I want an answer-- dammit.

Ubiquitous

Dec 27, 2010, 11:55:55 PM12/27/10
>I want an answer-- dammit.

And you posted this off-topic article here because?

Steve Newport

Dec 28, 2010, 8:08:36 AM12/28/10
I sure hope there'll be less action (blech!) on THE EVENT when it
returns. I hate the stuff with the young couple on the road.

Extravagan

Dec 28, 2010, 3:06:24 PM12/28/10
On 28/12/2010 8:08 AM, Steve Newport wrote:
> I sure hope there'll be less action (blech!) on THE EVENT when it
> returns. I hate the stuff with the young couple on the road.

Fuck you! I want more of it. And Leila in a bikini again.

--
"I hope there are a lot of hardcore scenes in it. There should be more
of those in film and theatre as well." -- Stephen Newport in

Steve Newport

Dec 28, 2010, 4:47:28 PM12/28/10
There should be more hardcore scenes in film- and in theatre as well.
But less action in TV's THE EVENT. More Ivanek, Smitrovich, and
Holbrook. Less dumb, young couple.

Extravagan

Dec 28, 2010, 7:35:05 PM12/28/10

Fuck you! I want more of it. And Leila in a bikini again.

Steve Newport

Dec 29, 2010, 2:42:49 AM12/29/10
From: extra...@frogsoup.xelon.com (Extravagan) <<<SN: More Ivanek,

Smitrovich, and Holbrook. Less dumb, young couple.>>>
-------------------------------------
I want more of it.
--------------------------------------
SN: You relate to dumb.

Extravagan

Dec 29, 2010, 7:49:11 AM12/29/10
> SN: [insult deleted]

What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do
with television, Newport?

Steve Newport

Dec 29, 2010, 10:19:12 AM12/29/10
More Ivanek, Smitrovich, and Holbrook. Less dumb, young couple. Less
"action."

Extravagan

Dec 29, 2010, 10:50:58 AM12/29/10
On 29/12/2010 10:19 AM, Steve Newport wrote:
> More Ivanek, Smitrovich, and Holbrook. Less dumb, young couple. Less
> "action."

More action. More Leila.

Steve Newport

Dec 29, 2010, 2:05:25 PM12/29/10
From: extra...@frogsoup.xelon.com (Extravagan) More Leila.
--------------------------------------
SN: Dull and not even pretty.

Extravagan

Dec 29, 2010, 2:26:12 PM12/29/10

Obviously you missed the pilot episode in which she was in a bikini. For
that matter, it seems you must have missed pretty much every other
episode too if you haven't noticed she's pretty.

Steve Newport

Dec 30, 2010, 3:55:24 AM12/30/10
From: extra...@frogsoup.xelon.com (Extravagan) Obviously you missed

the pilot episode in which she was in a bikini. For that matter, it
seems you must have missed pretty much every other episode
SN: Nope. Haven't missed one.

Extravagan

Dec 30, 2010, 2:50:49 PM12/30/10

Then get your eyesight checked. (And maybe your nads, too. I wonder if
declining testosterone levels could result in not perceiving the
attractiveness of Leila?)

tho...@ifa.hawaii.edu

Dec 30, 2010, 10:20:18 PM12/30/10
Mason Barge <mason...@gmail.com> writes:

2> Newsgroups: comp.os.os2.advocacy

2> Was Leila the girlfriend who got kidnapped?

What does your question have to do with OS/2, Barge?

2> If so, could we find a way to have her run around in skimpy outfits
for an
2> 44 minutes each week, without having to endure that idiotic story-
line?

What does your question have to do with OS/2, Barge?

Looks like Extravagan chalked up another victim of Followup
redirection.

Sulfide Eater

Dec 31, 2010, 12:17:37 AM12/31/10
Extravagan <extra...@frogsoup.xelon.com> writes:
> On 30/12/2010 10:20 PM, tho...@antispam.ham wrote:
>> Looks like Extravagan [false accusation deleted]
>
> What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do
> with OS/2, Tholen?

You go, Extravagan! Give that nasty tholenbot what-for!

Steve Newport

Dec 31, 2010, 4:16:09 AM12/31/10
From: extra...@frogsoup.xelon.com (Extravagan) the attractiveness of
Leila?
---------------------------------------
SN Just not my type. At all.

Extravagan

Dec 31, 2010, 4:29:23 AM12/31/10

Hey everyone! I think Newport's about ready to come out of the closet
now. :)

tho...@ifa.hawaii.edu

Dec 31, 2010, 7:34:44 AM12/31/10
Sulfide Eater <zaxx...@example.com> writes:

73> Newsgroups: comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv

73> You go, Extravagan!

What does your response to Extravagan have to do with OS/2, Eater?

73> Give that nasty tholenbot what-for!

Who is "tholenbot", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

Steve Newport

Dec 31, 2010, 1:22:30 PM12/31/10
From: extra...@frogsoup.xelon.com (Extravagan) the attractiveness of
Leila...ready to come out of the closet
SN: With that reasoning, I'm guessing you're a virgin.

Extravagan

Dec 31, 2010, 3:20:05 PM12/31/10
On 31/12/2010 1:22 PM, Steve Newport wrote:
> From: extra...@frogsoup.xelon.com (Extravagan) the attractiveness of
> Leila
> SN: With that reasoning, I'm guessing you're a virgin.

Then you'd be guessing wrong.

Steve Newport

Jan 1, 2011, 3:57:30 AM1/1/11
From: extra...@frogsoup.xelon.com (Extravagan) you'd be guessing
wrong.
So what is your estimated number of sexual partners?

Extravagan

Jan 1, 2011, 4:10:14 AM1/1/11

That's for me to know.

Steve Newport

Jan 1, 2011, 6:47:39 AM1/1/11
From: extra...@frogsoup.xelon.com (Extravagan) That's for me to know.
--------------------------------------
Leaving us to guess-- not many.

trotsky

Jan 1, 2011, 9:18:43 AM1/1/11

I'm guessing two: the right and left hand.

Extravagan

Jan 1, 2011, 3:43:44 PM1/1/11
On 01/01/2011 9:18 AM, trotsky wrote:
> On 1/1/11 5:47 AM, Steve Newport wrote:
>> From: extra...@frogsoup.xelon.com (Extravagan) That's for me to know.
>> Leaving us to guess-- not many.
> I'm guessing two

Then you'd be wrong. The true number has more zeros in it than that.