Carl Sagan's "Cosmos" to marathon on Twitch

David

Apr 21, 2017, 6:49:11 PM4/21/17
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04/21/twitch-celebrating-science-week-cosmos-marathon/

Twitch Is Celebrating Science Week With A Cosmos Marathon
by Madeline Ricchiuto

Twitch made their second announcement today to tell us how they’ll be
celebrating Science Week. The festivities start off with a 13-episode
marathon of one of the world’s most beloved science series, the
original Cosmos: A Personal Voyage, and conducting a series of
interviews with notable personalities from the scientific community.
Among those taking part in Twitch’s Science Week, which also honors
Earth Day and the March for Science, are Ann Druyan (Cosmos: A
Personal Voyage and Cosmos: a Spacetime Odyssey), Ariane Cornell (Blue
Origin), Matthew Buffington (NASA spokesperson), Scott Manley
(astronomer and sci-fi gamer), Pamela Gay (CosmoQuest), Kishore Hari
(Satellite City Coordinator, March for Science), Phil Plait (Bad
Astronomy blog), Fraser Cain (Universe Today), and more to be
announced.

Every episode of Cosmos: A Personal Voyage, dating from the show’s
1980 premiere to the season finale, will air twice on Twitch, first on
April 24-25 starting at 12:00 PDT, and again on April 27-28, beginning
at 2:00pm PDT.

Following the marathon on April 28 at 2:00 PDT on twitch.tv/Twitch
will be a live Q&A with Ann Druyan, who co-created Cosmos: A Personal
Voyage together with her late husband, the astronomer, Carl Sagan. An
acclaimed author and television producer, Druyan won the Emmy for
Outstanding Writing for Nonfiction Programming for the 2014 follow-up,
Cosmos: A SpaceTime Odyssey. She was also an executive producer and a
director of the series, for which she also took home a Peabody Award.
Druyan served as Creative Director of NASA’s legendary Voyager
Interstellar Message Project, a golden record containing music, sounds
and images selected to portray the diversity of life and culture on
Earth, intended to communicate a story of our world to
extraterrestrials. On their way out of our solar system at 40,000 mph,
they have a future shelf life of one to five billion years.

Charles H. Sampson

Apr 23, 2017, 4:24:01 AM4/23/17
David <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04/21/twitch-celebrating-science-week-
She got an Emmy for the mess that was the 2014 series? Clearly and award
for past achievement that hadn't been properly honored at the
appropriate time.

> She was also an executive producer and a
> director of the series, for which she also took home a Peabody Award.
> Druyan served as Creative Director of NASA's legendary Voyager
> Interstellar Message Project, a golden record containing music, sounds
> and images selected to portray the diversity of life and culture on
> Earth, intended to communicate a story of our world to
> extraterrestrials. On their way out of our solar system at 40,000 mph,
> they have a future shelf life of one to five billion years.

Charlie
--
Nobody in this country got rich on his own. You built a factory--good.
But you moved your goods on roads we all paid for. You hired workers we

Michael OConnor

Apr 23, 2017, 10:50:43 AM4/23/17

> She got an Emmy for the mess that was the 2014 series? Clearly and award
> for past achievement that hadn't been properly honored at the
> appropriate time.

Agreed, it was horribly overrated and didn't hold a candle to the Carl Sagan version of Cosmos. They did an entire episode about Clair Patterson's fight on behalf of lead poisoning, and how big business and the government fought him, and it was clearly an allegory for the way big business fights against Global Warming/Global Cooling/Climate Change or whatever the hell they're calling it this particular week.

RichA

Apr 23, 2017, 6:17:17 PM4/23/17
Tyson should be teaching a grade 1-3 class in "science."