13 Scariest Movies of All Time

බැලීම් 59
පළමු නොකියවූ පණිවිඩය දක්වා මඟ හරින්න

anim8rfsk

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 1, 13.09.152019-11-01
සිට
Crapfest. I made it like 3 minutes in. Dean Cain very briefly introduces the
show which is comprised of no nothing no talent comedians saying one liners
about a movie.

This pretty much sums it up:

THE BEST IN HORROR– What makes a scary movie scary? Find out as Dean Cain
counts down the scariest movies of all time. With guest appearances by
Elizabeth Stanton & Garrett Clayton, Jackie Fabulous, Darrin Butters& Ezra
Weiss, Brandon Rogers, Katherine Murray & Noah Matthews, Ron Pearson,
Mikalah Gordon, and Neel Ghosh & Sheridan Pierce. The special was written
and directed by Brad Thomas and produced by David McKenzie, Laura McKenzie
and Jim Romanovich. Original airdate 10/31/2019

The first movie was HALLOWEEN. I never heard anybody mention The Shat. I
didn't make it to the second.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

moviePig

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 1, 13.58.582019-11-01
සිට
Scary now, or scary then? E.g., 1922's silent NOSFERATU might be #1.
And I'm told that 1932's FRANKENSTEIN was a solid freakout. Then
there's the original (and decidedly amateurish) NOtLD...

Horace LaBadie

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 1, 15.22.162019-11-01
සිට
In article <0001HW.236C9E3707...@NEWS.EASYNEWS.COM>,
I watched a few minutes at the end as they were talking about Nicholson
in Kubrick's The Shining. The Exorcist was their top pick.

Any list that doesn't include Charles Laughton's Night of the Hunter
with Mitchum and Cape Fear (the original Mitchum version) at the top is
bogus.

A Friend

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 1, 16.59.062019-11-01
සිට
> Crapfest. I made it like 3 minutes in. Dean Cain very briefly introduces the
> show which is comprised of no nothing no talent comedians saying one liners
> about a movie.
>
> This pretty much sums it up:
>
> THE BEST IN HORROR­ What makes a scary movie scary? Find out as Dean Cain
> counts down the scariest movies of all time. With guest appearances by
> Elizabeth Stanton & Garrett Clayton, Jackie Fabulous, Darrin Butters& Ezra
> Weiss, Brandon Rogers, Katherine Murray & Noah Matthews, Ron Pearson,
> Mikalah Gordon, and Neel Ghosh & Sheridan Pierce. The special was written
> and directed by Brad Thomas and produced by David McKenzie, Laura McKenzie
> and Jim Romanovich. Original airdate 10/31/2019

Excerpt for Super Dino, I've never heard of any of those people.

> The first movie was HALLOWEEN. I never heard anybody mention The Shat. I
> didn't make it to the second.

We watched 1944's "The Uninvited" last night, as we do every Halloween.
It's still the best ghost story I've ever seen.

I used to show it to girlfriends. They'd go eek! and snuggle closer.

Dimensional Traveler

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 1, 17.13.312019-11-01
සිට
The girls Anim attracts would take notes. :D

--
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?"

moviePig

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 1, 17.19.202019-11-01
සිට
Hardly one of the scariest, but yes certainly one of the best. ('Stella
By Starlight'...)

anim8rfsk

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 1, 17.25.272019-11-01
සිට
The parameters were completely unclear. In the few minutes I watched they
changed several times, including 'makes you jump out of your seat'

anim8rfsk

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 1, 17.28.072019-11-01
සිට
Fri, 01 Nov 2019 12:22:11 -0700 Horace LaBadie<hlab...@nospam.com> wrote:

> In article<0001HW.236C9E3707...@NEWS.EASYNEWS.COM>,
> anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > Crapfest. I made it like 3 minutes in. Dean Cain very briefly introduces the
> > show which is comprised of no nothing no talent comedians saying one liners
> > about a movie.
> >
> > This pretty much sums it up:
> >
> > THE BEST IN HORROR– What makes a scary movie scary? Find out as Dean Cain
> > counts down the scariest movies of all time. With guest appearances by
> > Elizabeth Stanton & Garrett Clayton, Jackie Fabulous, Darrin Butters& Ezra
> > Weiss, Brandon Rogers, Katherine Murray & Noah Matthews, Ron Pearson,
> > Mikalah Gordon, and Neel Ghosh & Sheridan Pierce. The special was written
> > and directed by Brad Thomas and produced by David McKenzie, Laura McKenzie
> > and Jim Romanovich. Original airdate 10/31/2019
> >
> > The first movie was HALLOWEEN. I never heard anybody mention The Shat. I
> > didn't make it to the second.
>
> I watched a few minutes at the end as they were talking about Nicholson
> in Kubrick's The Shining. The Exorcist was their top pick.

Oh God. I don't find The Exorcist to be anything but a bore.

> Any list that doesn't include Charles Laughton's Night of the Hunter
> with Mitchum and Cape Fear (the original Mitchum version) at the top is
> bogus.

I have both Cape Fears on the DVR. :)

anim8rfsk

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 1, 17.43.282019-11-01
සිට
Fri, 01 Nov 2019 14:13:29 -0700 Dimensional Traveler<dtr...@sonic.net>
wrote:
lol

I've never understood why they make movies like the Friday the Thirteenth
movies where the virgins live and the slutty girls die, which later devolved
into 'girls seen naked on screen FOR ANY REASON are the first to die'

Who the Hell wants to give their date the impression that virginal is better?

moviePig

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 1, 17.43.472019-11-01
සිට
Well, based on my own extensive survey, that'd be WAIT UNTIL DARK...

anim8rfsk

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 1, 17.44.072019-11-01
සිට
A lot of people nominated "The Notebook"

anim8rfsk

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 1, 18.56.522019-11-01
සිට

The 13 scariest movies of all time

Halloween by John Carpenter

The Silence of the Lambs

Poltergeist

The Sixth Sense

Night of the Living Dead (original)

It

Honorable mention genre changers

Psycho

Rosemarys Baby

The Babadook (which CC calls ‘brillint’ (SIC))

Paranormal Activity

The Blair Witch Project

Get Out

The Ring

The Shining

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (not the one with Hi Ho Daddario)

The Exorcist

moviePig

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 1, 18.59.542019-11-01
සිට
"There wasn't a dry seat in the house..."

anim8rfsk

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 1, 19.00.562019-11-01
සිට
Ha! Saw that at the Kachina Cinerama. A lot of people grabbed the ankle of
the person in front of them at the appropriate moment ...

mog...@hotmail.com

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 1, 19.03.032019-11-01
සිට
On Friday, November 1, 2019 at 1:58:58 PM UTC-4, moviePig wrote:
> On 11/1/2019 1:09 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > Crapfest. I made it like 3 minutes in. Dean Cain very briefly introduces the
> > show which is comprised of no nothing no talent comedians saying one liners
> > about a movie.
> >
> > This pretty much sums it up:
> >
> > THE BEST IN HORROR– What makes a scary movie scary? Find out as Dean Cain
> > counts down the scariest movies of all time. With guest appearances by
> > Elizabeth Stanton & Garrett Clayton, Jackie Fabulous, Darrin Butters& Ezra
> > Weiss, Brandon Rogers, Katherine Murray & Noah Matthews, Ron Pearson,
> > Mikalah Gordon, and Neel Ghosh & Sheridan Pierce. The special was written
> > and directed by Brad Thomas and produced by David McKenzie, Laura McKenzie
> > and Jim Romanovich. Original airdate 10/31/2019
> >
> > The first movie was HALLOWEEN. I never heard anybody mention The Shat. I
> > didn't make it to the second.
>
> Scary now, or scary then?

The first few minutes of Halloween was definitely the worst, I think.

mog...@hotmail.com

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 1, 19.09.312019-11-01
සිට
Three days ago, the Washington Post said this:
"The one title any serious horror reader needs to own — is Thomas Tessier's massive retrospective, “World of Hurt".

anim8rfsk

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 1, 19.18.562019-11-01
සිට
Fri, 01 Nov 2019 15:56:47 -0700 anim8rfsk<anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> The 13 scariest movies of all time
>
> Halloween by John Carpenter
>
> The Silence of the Lambs
>
> Poltergeist
>
> The Sixth Sense
>
> Night of the Living Dead (original)
>
> It
>
> Honorable mention genre changers
>
> Psycho
>
> Rosemarys Baby
>
> The Babadook (which CC calls ‘brillint’ (SIC))
>
> Paranormal Activity
>
> The Blair Witch Project
>
> Get Out
>
> The Ring
>
> The Shining
>
> The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (not the one with Hi Ho Daddario)
>
> The Exorcist

Man my formatting went to hell on that

"Honorable mention genre changers

> Psycho
>
> Rosemarys Baby
>
> The Babadook (which CC calls ‘brillint’ (SIC))"

is not part of the 13.

alvey

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 1, 19.48.542019-11-01
සිට
Ditto some representatives from the horrors of Adam Sandler and Charlton
Heston.

alvey

alvey

RichA

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 1, 21.09.542019-11-01
සිට
Top horror movies and scenes that made them great.

1. The Haunting 1963 -Ghost smashing against bedroom door
2. Session 9 2001 - run through the tunnel
3. Scarecrows 1988 - entry to the Fowler farm
4. Dawn of the Dead 1978 - Escaping being caught
5. A Cold Night's Death 1973 - realizing animals taken over by spirits.
6. Black Christmas 1974 - body rocking in the attic
7. Threads 1984 - lead up to the nuke war
8. The Grudge 2004 - Ted Raimi seeing the spook
9. Blink. Dr. Who ep, 2007 - statues attack in pitch dark
10. Pumpkinhead 1988 - pursued by the creature into church.
11. Intruder 1989 - all of it.
12. The Birds 1963 - seeing guy who got killed by birds in his house
13. Paranormal Activity 2007 - woman dragged away.

anim8rfsk

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 1, 21.41.142019-11-01
සිට
That's a *way* better list than Dean Cain's.

shawn

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 1, 21.46.232019-11-01
සිට
On Fri, 01 Nov 2019 15:56:47 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net>
wrote:

>The 13 scariest movies of all time
>
>Halloween by John Carpenter
>
>The Silence of the Lambs
>
>Poltergeist
>
>The Sixth Sense
>
>Night of the Living Dead (original)
>
>It
>
>Honorable mention genre changers
>
>Psycho
>
>Rosemarys Baby
>
>The Babadook (which CC calls ‘brillint’ (SIC))
>
>Paranormal Activity
>
>The Blair Witch Project
>
>Get Out
>
>The Ring
>
>The Shining
>
>The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (not the one with Hi Ho Daddario)
>
>The Exorcist

I was always a fan of John Carpenter's PRINCE OF DARKNESS.

Ubiquitous

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 1, 22.34.222019-11-01
සිට
anim...@cox.net wrote:

>Crapfest. I made it like 3 minutes in. Dean Cain very briefly introduces the
>show which is comprised of no nothing no talent comedians saying one liners
>about a movie.

I was immediately skeptical because of the double-flag of it being on CW and
it being only one hour length, unlike Bravo's superlative "100 Scariest Movie
Momnets".

https://youtu.be/cKF1zowIBkk

My suspicions were quickly confirmed it was crappy version. Dean Cain now
looks like Seth McFarlane and I have no clue who the "celebrity"
commentators were (I don't think they were even from the CW line up!) who
were making really vapid comments on some movies I wouldn't consider
noteworthy:

Halloween (John Carpenter)
The Silence of the Lambs
Poltergeist (original)
The Sixth Sense
Night of the Living Dead (original)
It
Paranormal Activity
The Blair Witch Project
Get Out
The Ring
The Shining (original)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)
The Exorcist

They also mentioned some "best mentions" that, IMHO, were better than chosen
ones.

moviePig

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 1, 22.55.042019-11-01
සිට
We stood in the lobby waiting for the previous showing to finish, and
were treated to the loudest collective gasp I've ever heard through an
auditorium's closed doors. Point being that, every time I tell that
story, I get a couple of "You, too?"s...

moviePig

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 1, 23.03.352019-11-01
සිට
+1

anim8rfsk

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 2, 01.23.442019-11-02
සිට
hee hee

Ubiquitous

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 2, 03.18.082019-11-02
සිට
anim...@cox.net wrote:
>Fri, 01 Nov 2019 12:22:11 -0700 Horace LaBadie<hlab...@nospam.com> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

>>> Crapfest. I made it like 3 minutes in. Dean Cain very briefly introduces
>>> the show which is comprised of no nothing no talent comedians saying one
>>> liners about a movie.
>>>
>>> This pretty much sums it up:
>>>
>>> THE BEST IN HORROR– What makes a scary movie scary? Find out as Dean
>>> Cain counts down the scariest movies of all time. With guest appearances
>>> by Elizabeth Stanton & Garrett Clayton, Jackie Fabulous, Darrin Butters&
>>> Ezra Weiss, Brandon Rogers, Katherine Murray & Noah Matthews, Ron
>>> Pearson, Mikalah Gordon, and Neel Ghosh & Sheridan Pierce. The special
>>> was written and directed by Brad Thomas and produced by David McKenzie,
>>> Laura McKenzie and Jim Romanovich. Original airdate 10/31/2019
>>>
>>> The first movie was HALLOWEEN. I never heard anybody mention The Shat. I
>>> didn't make it to the second.
>>
>> I watched a few minutes at the end as they were talking about Nicholson
>> in Kubrick's The Shining. The Exorcist was their top pick.
>
>Oh God. I don't find The Exorcist to be anything but a bore.

I do not remember being very impressed by it.
In fact, I might have nodded off at least once.

BTR1701

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 2, 04.23.302019-11-02
සිට
In article <zn_uF.3762$3u6....@fx34.iad>,
The movies that scared me the most throughout my life were:

JAWS

PROPHECY (not the one about angels)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079758/?ref_=adv_li_tt

DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069992/?ref_=adv_li_tt

ALIEN

PARANORMAL ACTIVITY (the first one, not the sequels)

Some of those were when I was a kid, so what scared me then, wouldn't
scare me now, but they were all definitely responsible for giving me
sleepless nights at some point.

kensi

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 2, 05.05.562019-11-02
සිට
Clearly, the *correct* top 13 would be, in approximate order of release
date:

- Invasion of the Body Snatchers
- Jaws
- Friday the Thirteenth II
- Alien
- The Thing (original)
- The Terminator
- Aliens (sure it's more action oriented, but the bad dream scene and
the lab after the facehuggers are released? Eep.)
- The Ring
- Event Horizon
- Deep Blue Sea
- Final Destination
- The Cabin in the Woods (even while it's busy deconstructing ALL THE
TROPES)
- Election Night (the 2016 version)

Honorable mentions for individual scenes:

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (when the Ark is opened)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (sacrifice scene)
Independence Day (the jump scare at Area 51)

Odd that these all start with "Ind"...

Maybe toss in Sphere, for the jellyfish scene and when the bomb is
counting down.

in here." ~Checkmate

trotsky

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 2, 05.25.312019-11-02
සිට
On 11/2/19 3:26 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <zn_uF.3762$3u6....@fx34.iad>,
> moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11/1/2019 1:09 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>>> Crapfest. I made it like 3 minutes in. Dean Cain very briefly introduces the
>>> show which is comprised of no nothing no talent comedians saying one liners
>>> about a movie.
>>>
>>> This pretty much sums it up:
>>>
>>> THE BEST IN HORROR– What makes a scary movie scary? Find out as Dean Cain
>>> counts down the scariest movies of all time. With guest appearances by
>>> Elizabeth Stanton & Garrett Clayton, Jackie Fabulous, Darrin Butters& Ezra
>>> Weiss, Brandon Rogers, Katherine Murray & Noah Matthews, Ron Pearson,
>>> Mikalah Gordon, and Neel Ghosh & Sheridan Pierce. The special was written
>>> and directed by Brad Thomas and produced by David McKenzie, Laura McKenzie
>>> and Jim Romanovich. Original airdate 10/31/2019
>>>
>>> The first movie was HALLOWEEN. I never heard anybody mention The Shat. I
>>> didn't make it to the second.
>>
>> Scary now, or scary then? E.g., 1922's silent NOSFERATU might be #1.
>> And I'm told that 1932's FRANKENSTEIN was a solid freakout. Then
>> there's the original (and decidedly amateurish) NOtLD...
>
> The movies that scared me the most throughout my life were:
>
> JAWS
>
> PROPHECY (not the one about angels)
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079758/?ref_=adv_li_tt
>
> DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069992/?ref_=adv_li_tt
>
> ALIEN
>
> PARANORMAL ACTIVITY (the first one, not the sequels)
>
> Some of those were when I was a kid, so what scared me then, wouldn't
> scare me now, but they were all definitely responsible for giving me
> sleepless nights at some point.

How brave.

anim8rfsk

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 2, 07.25.232019-11-02
සිට
Yeah, Alien beats anything on that list.

FPP

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 2, 08.08.312019-11-02
සිට
On 11/2/19 4:26 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <zn_uF.3762$3u6....@fx34.iad>,
> moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11/1/2019 1:09 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>>> Crapfest. I made it like 3 minutes in. Dean Cain very briefly introduces the
>>> show which is comprised of no nothing no talent comedians saying one liners
>>> about a movie.
>>>
>>> This pretty much sums it up:
>>>
>>> THE BEST IN HORROR– What makes a scary movie scary? Find out as Dean Cain
>>> counts down the scariest movies of all time. With guest appearances by
>>> Elizabeth Stanton & Garrett Clayton, Jackie Fabulous, Darrin Butters& Ezra
>>> Weiss, Brandon Rogers, Katherine Murray & Noah Matthews, Ron Pearson,
>>> Mikalah Gordon, and Neel Ghosh & Sheridan Pierce. The special was written
>>> and directed by Brad Thomas and produced by David McKenzie, Laura McKenzie
>>> and Jim Romanovich. Original airdate 10/31/2019
>>>
>>> The first movie was HALLOWEEN. I never heard anybody mention The Shat. I
>>> didn't make it to the second.
>>
>> Scary now, or scary then? E.g., 1922's silent NOSFERATU might be #1.
>> And I'm told that 1932's FRANKENSTEIN was a solid freakout. Then
>> there's the original (and decidedly amateurish) NOtLD...
>
> The movies that scared me the most throughout my life were:
>
> JAWS
>
> PROPHECY (not the one about angels)
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079758/?ref_=adv_li_tt
>
> DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069992/?ref_=adv_li_tt
>
> ALIEN
>
> PARANORMAL ACTIVITY (the first one, not the sequels)
>
> Some of those were when I was a kid, so what scared me then, wouldn't
> scare me now, but they were all definitely responsible for giving me
> sleepless nights at some point.

Psycho, hands down. My hair stands up on end every time I watch the
last 5 minutes.

--
"You know why I do it? I do it to discredit you all and demean you all
so that when you write negative stories about me no one will believe

Scooter

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 2, 09.55.152019-11-02
සිට
Kensi eats,sleeps and beds down with all things Trump.

moviePig

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 2, 11.20.552019-11-02
සිට
On 11/2/2019 4:26 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <zn_uF.3762$3u6....@fx34.iad>,
> moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11/1/2019 1:09 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>>> Crapfest. I made it like 3 minutes in. Dean Cain very briefly introduces the
>>> show which is comprised of no nothing no talent comedians saying one liners
>>> about a movie.
>>>
>>> This pretty much sums it up:
>>>
>>> THE BEST IN HORROR– What makes a scary movie scary? Find out as Dean Cain
>>> counts down the scariest movies of all time. With guest appearances by
>>> Elizabeth Stanton & Garrett Clayton, Jackie Fabulous, Darrin Butters& Ezra
>>> Weiss, Brandon Rogers, Katherine Murray & Noah Matthews, Ron Pearson,
>>> Mikalah Gordon, and Neel Ghosh & Sheridan Pierce. The special was written
>>> and directed by Brad Thomas and produced by David McKenzie, Laura McKenzie
>>> and Jim Romanovich. Original airdate 10/31/2019
>>>
>>> The first movie was HALLOWEEN. I never heard anybody mention The Shat. I
>>> didn't make it to the second.
>>
>> Scary now, or scary then? E.g., 1922's silent NOSFERATU might be #1.
>> And I'm told that 1932's FRANKENSTEIN was a solid freakout. Then
>> there's the original (and decidedly amateurish) NOtLD...
>
> The movies that scared me the most throughout my life were:
>
> JAWS
>
> PROPHECY (not the one about angels)
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079758/?ref_=adv_li_tt
>
> DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069992/?ref_=adv_li_tt
>
> ALIEN
>
> PARANORMAL ACTIVITY (the first one, not the sequels)
>
> Some of those were when I was a kid, so what scared me then, wouldn't
> scare me now, but they were all definitely responsible for giving me
> sleepless nights at some point.

If JAWS qualifies, then yeah. And I wouldn't argue with ALIEN or P.A.

DBAOtD was a TV movie I didn't see, but I thought the remake a bit on
the nose. But TV movies can sneak up on you (e.g. TRILOGY OF TERROR).

PROPHECY, otoh, was a big disappointment to me, even with Frankenheimer.

And, if we're being indiscriminate about who was scared and when, I'd
have to nominate the original INVADERS FROM MARS, which sent every kid
in America home terrorized, suspicious of his parents' napes...

moviePig

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 2, 11.30.522019-11-02
සිට
PSYCHO's shower scene has my personal distinction as the only instance
from which I still remember the pounding of my heart afterwards -- at an
age, fortunately, when coronary arrest wasn't a concern. (I'm told that
DIABOLIQUE earns a similar regard from the French.) But, yeah, I could
barely sit still when the silly woman headed for the fruit cellar...

A Friend

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 2, 13.41.022019-11-02
සිට
In article <IihvF.520$Jw6...@fx35.iad>, moviePig
There was a U.S. release of "Diabolique" not long after "Psycho" became
a hit. My Mom went to see it and didn't think much of it. She'd loved
"Psycho."

moviePig

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 2, 14.58.192019-11-02
සිට
It had its moments. I'll assume your mom wasn't deterred by its
subtitles, and will note instead that, while DIABOLIQUE was arguably a
horror-movie, PSYCHO was a thriller ...which makes a difference to some.

Just Wondering

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 2, 17.36.302019-11-02
සිට
AlGore, An Inconvenient Truth

alvey

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 2, 17.49.432019-11-02
සිට
On Sat, 2 Nov 2019 11:05:37 +0200, kensi wrote:

> Clearly, the *correct* top 13 would be, in approximate order of release
> date:
>
> - Invasion of the Body Snatchers
> - Jaws
> - Friday the Thirteenth II
> - Alien
> - The Thing (original)
> - The Terminator
> - Aliens (sure it's more action oriented, but the bad dream scene and
> the lab after the facehuggers are released? Eep.)
> - The Ring
> - Event Horizon
> - Deep Blue Sea
> - Final Destination
> - The Cabin in the Woods (even while it's busy deconstructing ALL THE
> TROPES)
> - Election Night (the 2016 version)

One wonders what sort of horror Hitchcock would produce were he up and
about today.

FPP

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 2, 18.25.472019-11-02
සිට
Speaking of Frankenheimer... that scene in "Seconds" with Rock Hudson on
the gurney with the gag in his mouth still haunts me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BFKKe2GJEk

SPOILER ALERT: I can barely watch it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou-W7cyievU

moviePig

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 2, 22.11.522019-11-02
සිට
On 11/2/2019 5:49 PM, alvey wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Nov 2019 11:05:37 +0200, kensi wrote:
>
>> Clearly, the *correct* top 13 would be, in approximate order of release
>> date:
>>
>> - Invasion of the Body Snatchers
>> - Jaws
>> - Friday the Thirteenth II
>> - Alien
>> - The Thing (original)
>> - The Terminator
>> - Aliens (sure it's more action oriented, but the bad dream scene and
>> the lab after the facehuggers are released? Eep.)
>> - The Ring
>> - Event Horizon
>> - Deep Blue Sea
>> - Final Destination
>> - The Cabin in the Woods (even while it's busy deconstructing ALL THE
>> TROPES)
>> - Election Night (the 2016 version)
>
> One wonders what sort of horror Hitchcock would produce were he up and
> about today.

I've wondered about that, and speculated that PSYCHO was enough for him.

RichA

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 3, 01.16.432019-11-03
සිට
On Saturday, 2 November 2019 04:23:30 UTC-4, BTR1701 wrote:

> DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069992/?ref_=adv_li_tt

Best horror (along with Trilogy of Terror) on TV. Horrors on TV in the 1970's were well-done.

RichA

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 3, 01.19.512019-11-03
සිට
The Birds was worse than Psycho, because there is no defense against them. Like the old lady said in the cafe, "there are 350 billion birds on Earth." Something like that.

kensi

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 3, 06.06.082019-11-03
සිට
On 11/2/2019 5:49 PM, alvey wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Nov 2019 11:05:37 +0200, kensi wrote:
>> - Deep Blue Sea
>> - Final Destination
>> - The Cabin in the Woods (even while it's busy deconstructing ALL THE
>> TROPES)
>> - Election Night (the 2016 version)
>
> One wonders what sort of horror Hitchcock would produce were he up and
> about today.

The Pumpkin that Ate Manhattan?

https://cnet2.cbsistatic.com/img/FsxnORumKScJMR5GpR08bX23zvM=/0x527/2016/10/29/8206ad38-f7a1-4630-90c6-c24ac63d4d69/trumpkin1davidjones.jpg

*snicker*

moviePig

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 3, 09.29.412019-11-03
සිට
THE BIRDS arguably isn't a horror movie. But, then again, it arguably
is (...the strongest argument being the eyes-reveal).

alvey

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 3, 15.54.512019-11-03
සිට
You're just a one-man debate Mr Piggy.

Ida Lee-Kurios, being the victim of one of your 'horror' movies, would like
to read your definition of 'horror'.

moviePig

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 3, 16.46.232019-11-03
සිට
I won't attempt a general definition (which would be too easy to rebut).
Specifically, however... PSYCHO was a mystery thriller whose greatest
moments of impact were nevertheless horror -- hence Time's
complaint/review of it as "a stomach-churning spectacle of horror". THE
BIRDS, otoh, was basically science-fiction (the movie kind), i.e.,
nature gone wild, like THEM! or even THE KILLER SHREWS ...and, iirc,
only its masterly eyes-dolly was calculated to actually horrify us
(...well, maybe the victim running past the phone-booth, too).

Yes, there's genre-leakage everywhere (and it's usually a good thing).
My analysis above is designed mainly to bolster my claim that Hitchcock
may not have been interested in making more than one horror flick.

RichA

නොකියවූ,
2019 නොවැ 3, 17.14.042019-11-03
සිට
On Friday, 1 November 2019 13:09:15 UTC-4, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Crapfest. I made it like 3 minutes in. Dean Cain very briefly introduces the
> show which is comprised of no nothing no talent comedians saying one liners
> about a movie.
>
> This pretty much sums it up:
>
> THE BEST IN HORROR– What makes a scary movie scary? Find out as Dean Cain
> counts down the scariest movies of all time. With guest appearances by
> Elizabeth Stanton & Garrett Clayton, Jackie Fabulous, Darrin Butters& Ezra
> Weiss, Brandon Rogers, Katherine Murray & Noah Matthews, Ron Pearson,
> Mikalah Gordon, and Neel Ghosh & Sheridan Pierce. The special was written
> and directed by Brad Thomas and produced by David McKenzie, Laura McKenzie
> and Jim Romanovich. Original airdate 10/31/2019
>
> The first movie was HALLOWEEN. I never heard anybody mention The Shat. I
> didn't make it to the second.
>
> --
> Join your old RAT friends at
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

I'd like to add "Mothmen" to the list. It had all the hallmarks of a good horror story and it was subtle in that the entity is barely shown, which is usually the case with most good ghost movies.
නව පණිවිඩ 0